RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: random aggression

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello, is there any way you can observe him at school to find a possible function (possibly attention/escape) - what happens after the incident? How is it handled? Maybe the consequence is reinforcing him to keep doing it. Maybe there is a function to this and it is not as random as it seems. Good luck, Sharonhautian <nin34@...> wrote: Hello! My son is a pretty high-functioning autistic, but he does thisreally odd thing. He seems to have this almost compulsive habit ofkicking, biting, punching,

throwing rocks at, etc. people for noapparent reason. He'll be on the playground, playing peacefully, andout of nowhere he'll just sock the kid standing next to him. Hasanyone else dealt with similar behavior; more importantly, has anyonehad any luck stopping this? Thanks so much!

Sponsored Link

For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long- distance calling. Sign up now.

Guest guest

Hello, is there any way you can observe him at school to find a possible function (possibly attention/escape) - what happens after the incident? How is it handled? Maybe the consequence is reinforcing him to keep doing it. Maybe there is a function to this and it is not as random as it seems. Good luck, Sharonhautian <nin34@...> wrote: Hello! My son is a pretty high-functioning autistic, but he does thisreally odd thing. He seems to have this almost compulsive habit ofkicking, biting, punching,

throwing rocks at, etc. people for noapparent reason. He'll be on the playground, playing peacefully, andout of nowhere he'll just sock the kid standing next to him. Hasanyone else dealt with similar behavior; more importantly, has anyonehad any luck stopping this? Thanks so much!

Sponsored Link

For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long- distance calling. Sign up now.

Guest guest

Sponsored Link

Guest guest

hautian,

This is actually more common than you might be thinking. pulls

cloths, kicks, bites, hits, and pulls hair. The other day he and I were

cuddling just as sweet and peaceful as can be and he put his head on my

lap. I was stroking his hair when all of the sudden he hauled off and

bit me (real hard) on the inside of my thigh (breaking the skin). Oh

buddy that hurt!

He terrorizes his poor brother.

I know that sometimes he does this just to get a rise and a reaction

out of me. Othertimes I think he does it for sensory stimulation. And

other times I'm just not sure WHY he does it. It's like he doesn't even

think about it and then just does it, lickity-split, to whoever might

be nearest to him.

He was placed on Risperdal last year and that has helped tremendously.

Unfortunately, I think we need to up his dosage a bit because his

aggressive behaviors are getting bad again.

OH! And, some of the things he used to do (like pull hair) have just

stopped. I think that some of these behaviors are just stages they go

through like any NT kid.

HTH!

Kat

>

> Hello! My son is a pretty high-functioning autistic, but he does this

> really odd thing. He seems to have this almost compulsive habit of

> kicking, biting, punching, throwing rocks at, etc. people for no

> apparent reason. He'll be on the playground, playing peacefully, and

> out of nowhere he'll just sock the kid standing next to him. Has

> anyone else dealt with similar behavior; more importantly, has anyone

> had any luck stopping this? Thanks so much!

>

Guest guest

hautian,

buddy that hurt!

be nearest to him.

through like any NT kid.

HTH!

Kat

>

>

Guest guest

Does your son seem somewhat surprised or dazed after this happens? If so, you may want to have him checked for seizure activity.

Heidi

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "hautian" <nin34@...>

Hello! My son is a pretty high-functioning autistic, but he does thisreally odd thing. He seems to have this almost compulsive habit ofkicking, biting, punching, throwing rocks at, etc. people for noapparent reason. He'll be on the playground, playing peacefully, andout of nowhere he'll just sock the kid standing next to him. Hasanyone else dealt with similar behavior; more importantly, has anyonehad any luck stopping this? Thanks so much!

Guest guest

Does your son seem somewhat surprised or dazed after this happens? If so, you may want to have him checked for seizure activity.

Heidi

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "hautian" <nin34@...>

Hello! My son is a pretty high-functioning autistic, but he does thisreally odd thing. He seems to have this almost compulsive habit ofkicking, biting, punching, throwing rocks at, etc. people for noapparent reason. He'll be on the playground, playing peacefully, andout of nowhere he'll just sock the kid standing next to him. Hasanyone else dealt with similar behavior; more importantly, has anyonehad any luck stopping this? Thanks so much!

Guest guest

Hello! My son is a pretty

high-functioning autistic, but he does this

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Sponsored Link

>

> For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long-

distance calling. Sign up now.

>

Guest guest

Hello! My son is a pretty

high-functioning autistic, but he does this

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Sponsored Link

>

> For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long-

distance calling. Sign up now.

>

Guest guest

Wow, this is something I know alot about. No answers though cause it is a huge mystery. My son is 10 almost 11 now. And since he was little he would have these brief, out of nowhere acts of aggression. He is a pretty happy boy most of the time. He is smart and affectionate too. When he was small he used to run like a bull out of no where and knock down his little sister. This was extremely frightening to me because we could never see it coming. He wasnt talking at that time so we thought it was a form or frustration of communication. We started to see patterns like when we went out...we used to have to call the babysitter and tell her we were 1 minute away and to please pick up my daughter cause when we walked in the house, would charge at her. He would go into a fit and wait till we put her down. Once he made contact, even alittle he calmed right down. But we couldnt let him get to her...even for alittle tap...because we had to make it known that hitting was no way acceptable.

When he was in kindergarden I started to hear about auditory processing therapies like AIT or tomatis. As I read about it and hearing sensitivities...and understanding that sounds we are totally ignoring cause they are in such a part of our daily lives could be causing pain for them which could result in this random acts. ex-you said your child was putting his head in your lap and suddenly bit you. Were you humming? singing? talking? yawned? the reason why I say yawned is cause I noticed when anyone yawned my son freaked. o-it took awhile to notice this one. I was driving, son sat behind me, I yawned (quietly) and he started freaking and hitting the seat. A professional thought maybe a yawn is scarey in site...but he was behind me. I also started to notice other sounds bothering him. He always put his fingers in his ears but I didnt really know why. So, at the end of Kindergarden I decided we had to try the Tomatis method. It was very good for him. He still had sensitivities to sounds but I saw great improvements. Ex-I could never ride with the radio on. I was able to after that. But he still does not like when a male dj comes on to say the ...98.5 kmoe..blah blah stuff. He yells still "shut it off, I do not like that man's voice...man, do not say 97.5 Klzd whatever."

after tomatis, we started weekly music therapy sessions. We still do it and he is in 5th grade now. Throughout the past 5 years we have had steps forward and back. he did go on medication two years ago..tenex..and it was a disaster for us. took a break, and now he is on a generic of prozac.

As a whole he is much better with the acting out but I never let him walk without me holding on to him in public. I never take a chance. and he hates public tvs. Riding the school bus, since there is a girl that rides that makes constant noises that bother him, he wears headphones and listens to calm music the whole ride.

at school, he will go after another kid on the playground and hit them. I used to think it was just from sounds but have learned it is also because of movements people make. He will say things like I didnt like the way the boy was moving his arms like this (I picture kids being silly and acting funny). Also, if kids are roughhousing and hitting each other for fun...he yells, the boy hit that boy...and he polices him by going over and hitting him. He doesnt get that the kids are playing.

The school district has a behaviorist group that comes in to the school to work with and the teachers. Some periods of time, we have to increase the hours. like in spring time when allergies are bothering him, he usually regresses and needs extra support.

The behaviorist has given him methods to do when he is upset. He totally gets that he shouldnt hit. but it is like an IMPULSE and he loses all control of himself and thought. I also bribe him big time with rewards for good days at school. He earns stamps for his school work, etc...and when he comes home with a full sheet of those stamps he knows he earns a prize. they are small. and at the end of the week if he has a perfect week, he earns a "grand prize" which is usually something bigger (not necessary in cost, more so for something he wants). Like now, last week he wanted to see the new movie Flushed away, so that was the grand prize of the week. and yes, we went on the weekend. This week grand prize is Saturday McD's happy meal since they are giving out the toys from flushed away. some weeks are we shop on ebay for something he wants (two weeks ago he wanted the teacup chip from beauty and the beast). It goes in waves but he always wants something. Sometimes his prize is money that he saves for the grandprize being a trip to the store to buy something. etc etc. this has really helped in his learning of money and buying and saving & spending. I try to have him pay the cashier too. Great life learning skills.

o-my, I have written a book here...and funny, I can keep going. I hope all my stories have helped. There are so many. also, like the trip to disney and him wacking the kid infront of us. And the parents reaction..how I had to apologize and say he has autism and say he was trying to say hi that way. and the looks. Geez, the looks...it is an aweful feeling when your child hurts another person. It is more than miserable. That would be a good support group topic....How we feel.

Randi~

mom to mitchell 13, ryan 10 (asd) & danielle 8

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Guest guest

Wow, this is something I know alot about. No answers though cause it is a huge mystery. My son is 10 almost 11 now. And since he was little he would have these brief, out of nowhere acts of aggression. He is a pretty happy boy most of the time. He is smart and affectionate too. When he was small he used to run like a bull out of no where and knock down his little sister. This was extremely frightening to me because we could never see it coming. He wasnt talking at that time so we thought it was a form or frustration of communication. We started to see patterns like when we went out...we used to have to call the babysitter and tell her we were 1 minute away and to please pick up my daughter cause when we walked in the house, would charge at her. He would go into a fit and wait till we put her down. Once he made contact, even alittle he calmed right down. But we couldnt let him get to her...even for alittle tap...because we had to make it known that hitting was no way acceptable.

When he was in kindergarden I started to hear about auditory processing therapies like AIT or tomatis. As I read about it and hearing sensitivities...and understanding that sounds we are totally ignoring cause they are in such a part of our daily lives could be causing pain for them which could result in this random acts. ex-you said your child was putting his head in your lap and suddenly bit you. Were you humming? singing? talking? yawned? the reason why I say yawned is cause I noticed when anyone yawned my son freaked. o-it took awhile to notice this one. I was driving, son sat behind me, I yawned (quietly) and he started freaking and hitting the seat. A professional thought maybe a yawn is scarey in site...but he was behind me. I also started to notice other sounds bothering him. He always put his fingers in his ears but I didnt really know why. So, at the end of Kindergarden I decided we had to try the Tomatis method. It was very good for him. He still had sensitivities to sounds but I saw great improvements. Ex-I could never ride with the radio on. I was able to after that. But he still does not like when a male dj comes on to say the ...98.5 kmoe..blah blah stuff. He yells still "shut it off, I do not like that man's voice...man, do not say 97.5 Klzd whatever."

after tomatis, we started weekly music therapy sessions. We still do it and he is in 5th grade now. Throughout the past 5 years we have had steps forward and back. he did go on medication two years ago..tenex..and it was a disaster for us. took a break, and now he is on a generic of prozac.

As a whole he is much better with the acting out but I never let him walk without me holding on to him in public. I never take a chance. and he hates public tvs. Riding the school bus, since there is a girl that rides that makes constant noises that bother him, he wears headphones and listens to calm music the whole ride.

at school, he will go after another kid on the playground and hit them. I used to think it was just from sounds but have learned it is also because of movements people make. He will say things like I didnt like the way the boy was moving his arms like this (I picture kids being silly and acting funny). Also, if kids are roughhousing and hitting each other for fun...he yells, the boy hit that boy...and he polices him by going over and hitting him. He doesnt get that the kids are playing.

The school district has a behaviorist group that comes in to the school to work with and the teachers. Some periods of time, we have to increase the hours. like in spring time when allergies are bothering him, he usually regresses and needs extra support.

The behaviorist has given him methods to do when he is upset. He totally gets that he shouldnt hit. but it is like an IMPULSE and he loses all control of himself and thought. I also bribe him big time with rewards for good days at school. He earns stamps for his school work, etc...and when he comes home with a full sheet of those stamps he knows he earns a prize. they are small. and at the end of the week if he has a perfect week, he earns a "grand prize" which is usually something bigger (not necessary in cost, more so for something he wants). Like now, last week he wanted to see the new movie Flushed away, so that was the grand prize of the week. and yes, we went on the weekend. This week grand prize is Saturday McD's happy meal since they are giving out the toys from flushed away. some weeks are we shop on ebay for something he wants (two weeks ago he wanted the teacup chip from beauty and the beast). It goes in waves but he always wants something. Sometimes his prize is money that he saves for the grandprize being a trip to the store to buy something. etc etc. this has really helped in his learning of money and buying and saving & spending. I try to have him pay the cashier too. Great life learning skills.

o-my, I have written a book here...and funny, I can keep going. I hope all my stories have helped. There are so many. also, like the trip to disney and him wacking the kid infront of us. And the parents reaction..how I had to apologize and say he has autism and say he was trying to say hi that way. and the looks. Geez, the looks...it is an aweful feeling when your child hurts another person. It is more than miserable. That would be a good support group topic....How we feel.

Randi~

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Guest guest

Randi~

Guest guest

I can't believe that there is another soul that described the very thing my son

used to do when he was a toddler.OMG!

My son,just as you described with yours,would be all snuggled up or just

something very casual and out of no where " wham! " he would slap the sh*t out of

me! He did this with everyone.It eventually went away but I never ever knew what

the hell it was caused by.

My guess is that it could have been he was feeling an " aura " or siezure because

when he was 4yrs we had a 24hr ambulatory EEG done(which showed complex partial

seizures) because we were seeing other behaviors(Fight/flight),he was less

verbal than he is now (10yrs)so he would have such a fear in his eyes and run or

he would go to the ground screaming and putting your hand on his head as if to

say " this is where it hurts " .

It was awful! Once we got the Tegretol on board things improved.Over a period of

time we ended up having to up the dose and change to other meds which he is

still on.He's had very good control of his seizures for over a year now but just

last year his aggressive behaviors(Bitng,pinching,kicking,destructiveness)has

appeared.This,however I'm not convinced it seizure activity but perhaps

something either hormonal or something which I've learned from alot of other

parents with boys the same age have experienced.

Stacey

Date: 2006/11/09 Thu AM 07:35:23 CST

autism

Subject: Re: Random Aggression

hautian,

buddy that hurt!

be nearest to him.

through like any NT kid.

HTH!

Kat

>

>

Guest guest

I can't believe that there is another soul that described the very thing my son

used to do when he was a toddler.OMG!

My son,just as you described with yours,would be all snuggled up or just

something very casual and out of no where " wham! " he would slap the sh*t out of

me! He did this with everyone.It eventually went away but I never ever knew what

the hell it was caused by.

My guess is that it could have been he was feeling an " aura " or siezure because

when he was 4yrs we had a 24hr ambulatory EEG done(which showed complex partial

seizures) because we were seeing other behaviors(Fight/flight),he was less

verbal than he is now (10yrs)so he would have such a fear in his eyes and run or

he would go to the ground screaming and putting your hand on his head as if to

say " this is where it hurts " .

It was awful! Once we got the Tegretol on board things improved.Over a period of

time we ended up having to up the dose and change to other meds which he is

still on.He's had very good control of his seizures for over a year now but just

last year his aggressive behaviors(Bitng,pinching,kicking,destructiveness)has

appeared.This,however I'm not convinced it seizure activity but perhaps

something either hormonal or something which I've learned from alot of other

parents with boys the same age have experienced.

Stacey

Date: 2006/11/09 Thu AM 07:35:23 CST

autism

Subject: Re: Random Aggression

hautian,

buddy that hurt!

be nearest to him.

through like any NT kid.

HTH!

Kat

>

>

Guest guest

>Yep, so much of that sounds totally familiar. Is your son very high

strung? My son can actually sit still for hours, playing solitaire

(this is his newest obsession), reading, etc...then he gets " bored " I

guess, and starts hopping around like a maniac! All 9-year-old boys

are like that to an extent, but he REALLY gets wound up. I've met

others like him,very excitable, very rigid(inflexible, but good muscle

tone), and seems tuned in to everything at once (NOTHING gets past

this boy!) and then he has autistic friends that are very passive &

flexible with low muscle tone, who are fairly unresponsive & seem

" out-of-it " a lot. My personal theory is that these are two different

subsets of autistic disorders that haven't been differentiated yet.

But I digress. A lot of the time it seems like the only way Oliver

can discharge some of the massive sensory input he is being bombarded

with is to act out...unfortunately, we haven't yet figured out how to

help him filter out some of that overstimulation. We are

philosophically opposed to putting him on psychoactive meds, which

seems to be all his autism Dr. wanted to discuss...we eventually

stopped going for that reason. I'm hoping that more impulse control

will come as he gets older. Good to know though that other people are

having the same issue, even if we're not having much luck solving it!

> Wow, this is something I know alot about. No answers though cause

it is a huge mystery. My son is 10 almost 11 now. And since he was

little he would have these brief, out of nowhere acts of aggression.

He is a pretty happy boy most of the time. He is smart and

affectionate too. When he was small he used to run like a bull out of

no where and knock down his little sister. This was extremely

frightening to me because we could never see it coming. He wasnt

talking at that time so we thought it was a form or frustration of

communication. We started to see patterns like when we went out...we

used to have to call the babysitter and tell her we were 1 minute away

and to please pick up my daughter cause when we walked in the house,

would charge at her. He would go into a fit and wait till we put

her down. Once he made contact, even alittle he calmed right down. But

we couldnt let him get to her...even for alittle tap...because we had

to make it known that hitting was no way acceptable.

> When he was in kindergarden I started to hear about auditory

processing therapies like AIT or tomatis. As I read about it and

hearing sensitivities...and understanding that sounds we are totally

ignoring cause they are in such a part of our daily lives could be

causing pain for them which could result in this random acts. ex-you

said your child was putting his head in your lap and suddenly bit you.

Were you humming? singing? talking? yawned? the reason why I say

yawned is cause I noticed when anyone yawned my son freaked. o-it took

awhile to notice this one. I was driving, son sat behind me, I yawned

(quietly) and he started freaking and hitting the seat. A professional

thought maybe a yawn is scarey in site...but he was behind me. I also

started to notice other sounds bothering him. He always put his

fingers in his ears but I didnt really know why. So, at the end of

Kindergarden I decided we had to try the Tomatis method. It was very

good for him. He still had sensitivities to sounds but I saw great

improvements. Ex-I could never ride with the radio on. I was able to

after that. But he still does not like when a male dj comes on to say

the ...98.5 kmoe..blah blah stuff. He yells still " shut it off, I do

not like that man's voice...man, do not say 97.5 Klzd whatever. "

> after tomatis, we started weekly music therapy sessions. We still do

it and he is in 5th grade now. Throughout the past 5 years we have had

steps forward and back. he did go on medication two years

ago..tenex..and it was a disaster for us. took a break, and now he is

on a generic of prozac.

> As a whole he is much better with the acting out but I never let him

walk without me holding on to him in public. I never take a chance.

and he hates public tvs. Riding the school bus, since there is a girl

that rides that makes constant noises that bother him, he wears

headphones and listens to calm music the whole ride.

> at school, he will go after another kid on the playground and hit

them. I used to think it was just from sounds but have learned it is

also because of movements people make. He will say things like I didnt

like the way the boy was moving his arms like this (I picture kids

being silly and acting funny). Also, if kids are roughhousing and

hitting each other for fun...he yells, the boy hit that boy...and he

polices him by going over and hitting him. He doesnt get that the kids

are playing.

> The school district has a behaviorist group that comes in to the

school to work with and the teachers. Some periods of time, we

have to increase the hours. like in spring time when allergies are

bothering him, he usually regresses and needs extra support.

> The behaviorist has given him methods to do when he is upset. He

totally gets that he shouldnt hit. but it is like an IMPULSE and he

loses all control of himself and thought. I also bribe him big time

with rewards for good days at school. He earns stamps for his school

work, etc...and when he comes home with a full sheet of those stamps

he knows he earns a prize. they are small. and at the end of the week

if he has a perfect week, he earns a " grand prize " which is usually

something bigger (not necessary in cost, more so for something he

wants). Like now, last week he wanted to see the new movie Flushed

away, so that was the grand prize of the week. and yes, we went on the

weekend. This week grand prize is Saturday McD's happy meal since they

are giving out the toys from flushed away. some weeks are we shop on

ebay for something he wants (two weeks ago he wanted the teacup chip

from beauty and the beast). It goes in waves but he always wants

something. Sometimes his prize is money that he saves for the

grandprize being a trip to the store to buy something. etc etc. this

has really helped in his learning of money and buying and saving &

spending. I try to have him pay the cashier too. Great life learning

skills.

> o-my, I have written a book here...and funny, I can keep going. I

hope all my stories have helped. There are so many. also, like the

trip to disney and him wacking the kid infront of us. And the parents

reaction..how I had to apologize and say he has autism and say he was

trying to say hi that way. and the looks. Geez, the looks...it is an

aweful feeling when your child hurts another person. It is more than

miserable. That would be a good support group topic....How we feel.

> Randi~

> mom to mitchell 13, ryan 10 (asd) & danielle 8

> ________________________________________________________________________

> Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and

security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from

across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

>

Guest guest

on a generic of prozac.

are playing.

skills.

> Randi~

>

Guest guest

on a generic of prozac.

are playing.

skills.

> Randi~

>

Guest guest

Hi, I have the same problems. My 12 year old son has been doing it for years. One minute he's fine and playing/watching tv/sitting quiet etc, the next he's attacking someone, throwing or destroying something. It's come and go over the years, I initially thought maybe onset of a seizure, but if it is/was that also isn't the only reason. Just last week he seemed very happy, and then he attacked the bus aide, had behaviors at school and then was calm one minute and detructive the next when he got home. I finally got that his "tummy hurt" out of him. A talk with his DAN doctor and visit to the pediatrician confirmed that he was constipated even though he had been having daily bowel movements. We had to give an enema and now mineral oil and the behaviors have calmed down, but they're not gone completely. I'm sure these acts of aggression have some biological cause, but unfortunately it seems to be a guessing game to figure it out. I also find that diet infractions seem to bring on impulse behaviors as well. I wish the government would put more money into researching how to help our kids instead of spending oodles looking at genetics.

Guest guest

Hi, I have the same problems. My 12 year old son has been doing it for years. One minute he's fine and playing/watching tv/sitting quiet etc, the next he's attacking someone, throwing or destroying something. It's come and go over the years, I initially thought maybe onset of a seizure, but if it is/was that also isn't the only reason. Just last week he seemed very happy, and then he attacked the bus aide, had behaviors at school and then was calm one minute and detructive the next when he got home. I finally got that his "tummy hurt" out of him. A talk with his DAN doctor and visit to the pediatrician confirmed that he was constipated even though he had been having daily bowel movements. We had to give an enema and now mineral oil and the behaviors have calmed down, but they're not gone completely. I'm sure these acts of aggression have some biological cause, but unfortunately it seems to be a guessing game to figure it out. I also find that diet infractions seem to bring on impulse behaviors as well. I wish the government would put more money into researching how to help our kids instead of spending oodles looking at genetics.

Guest guest

My JJ is 19 now and does this Random Aggression thing. BUT its been sense puberity that he has done it. Before that he was the most laid back kid with autism you would ever meet. I know hormones play a role with J and also sensory. I wish I had the answer too. I just started J on omaga 3 fatty acids yesterday. They say it can help with agression. Lois

Re: Random Aggression

Guest guest

My JJ is 19 now and does this Random Aggression thing. BUT its been sense puberity that he has done it. Before that he was the most laid back kid with autism you would ever meet. I know hormones play a role with J and also sensory. I wish I had the answer too. I just started J on omaga 3 fatty acids yesterday. They say it can help with agression. Lois

Re: Random Aggression

Guest guest

I too have a child with similar problems that you have. I have an 8 year old boy who was diagnosed with PDD. He bites, hits, is violent at times but loving at others. I have tried many medications and counselors to no avail. He has been kicked off the school bus and is about to be expelled from school. I have tried many forms of discipline but no help. I would like any and all sugestions. <cynthia343@...> wrote: Hi, My son Blake will be 15 years old next month. I've been reading

all of these post, and I see alot of the behaviors in my son. He's been on many differant meds and nothing is working. He not only hits and bites, he runs his head into the walls and floors, hits his fore head with his knees. He punches hisself with his fists, he has gone so far as to bit the whole top of his hand off. And its like he can't control it, and the only way to unload is to attack. And god help anyone in his way. Just last year he broke the teachers nose, she was tring to calm him down. He is a really lovable boy, loves to be hugged and loves to cuddle, but then like the one mother said, anything can set him off.He is going into the Hospital for yet another med change, the doctor won't let me do it at home she fears for me when Blake is off his meds.Well time for night meds, see you on the post. Mom of Blake

Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

I too have a child with similar problems that you have. I have an 8 year old boy who was diagnosed with PDD. He bites, hits, is violent at times but loving at others. I have tried many medications and counselors to no avail. He has been kicked off the school bus and is about to be expelled from school. I have tried many forms of discipline but no help. I would like any and all sugestions. <cynthia343@...> wrote: Hi, My son Blake will be 15 years old next month. I've been reading

all of these post, and I see alot of the behaviors in my son. He's been on many differant meds and nothing is working. He not only hits and bites, he runs his head into the walls and floors, hits his fore head with his knees. He punches hisself with his fists, he has gone so far as to bit the whole top of his hand off. And its like he can't control it, and the only way to unload is to attack. And god help anyone in his way. Just last year he broke the teachers nose, she was tring to calm him down. He is a really lovable boy, loves to be hugged and loves to cuddle, but then like the one mother said, anything can set him off.He is going into the Hospital for yet another med change, the doctor won't let me do it at home she fears for me when Blake is off his meds.Well time for night meds, see you on the post. Mom of Blake

Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

>Thank you. I will check with his pediatrician and keep a tally on

his diet. He isnt a very good eater and the few foods he will eat

are only when he feels like it. I appreciate any suggestions and

help.

> Hi, I have the same problems. My 12 year old son has been doing

it for

> years. One minute he's fine and playing/watching tv/sitting quiet

etc, the next

> he's attacking someone, throwing or destroying something. It's

come and go

> over the years, I initially thought maybe onset of a seizure, but