Lee wrote: I too have been

reading books on the 1918 pandemic to discover what worked, but indeed there is

not much. We know today that the gauze masks that were universally required

were useless.

My reading of the same texts reveals that personal isolation worked

best. That’s what I’m

planning to do, so I hope I’m right.

Guest guest

Gauze is actually too porous. The masks today are 1000% better. Also it could have been that the masks were allowed to become soiled or weren't being laundered property. I'm not sure if people understood the germ-killing power of bleach. A 1 to 10 dilution of bleach is strong enough to kill HIV on contact.

We have excellent public health laws still in place. The problem here is that the President would prefer to posture about using troops and having forced quarantines and a lot of other things of this nature. The President doesn't seem to have even the most elementary knowledge about how infections are spread and how to control them. Even the average person in the street knows more than our President about this. The President just loves to grandstand about anything where he thinks it'll make him look like he's really on top of things. The speech he made in front of the church in New Orleans is a perfect example. OK, it was a nice speech, but it was definitely too little too late.

The President's grandstanding is also causing far too much alarm among the population. This induces stress. Stress compromises the immune system, so the more he talks about his draconian measures the more sick people we'll wind up with. I wonder if he's consulted with the Surgeon General who, to date, has not made one announcement about avian flu. It's time for him to step up and educate the people. Indeed, it's long overdue. The more educated people are the more they will be able to take appropriate infection control measures and the less terrified they will be.

RLee <jackalope_lepus@...> wrote:

I agree with you. But the fact remains that the authorities had in place all of the public health laws and they were better prepared to use them and use them they did. Today, Bush and his people seem not even to understand the problem. I too have been reading books on the 1918 pandemic to discover what worked, but indeed there is not much. We know today that the gauze masks that were universally required were useless.> On what basis do you make this statement? I've been looking for clues> from the 1918 pandemic as to who lived and why and I'm not finding much.

Never place a period where God has placed a comma. - Gracie

Guest guest

Journalists who concentrate on the more dramatic elements of this disease and do not include infection control measures in their articles are doing their readers a gross disservice. But it's the sensational that sells papers. RLee <jackalope_lepus@...> wrote:

Wonderful point. Yet I would bet that there are few journalists who are prepared to write on this issue and fewer still who have thought about the need for this sort of information. But hey, you can get plenty of information on terrorism preparation!> <<Society was much better prepared to > handle this sort of thing in 1918.>>> > This is because in those years epidemics were not nearly as unknown in the US as they are today. TB was also of epidemic proportions and periodically localized epidemics of typhoid or cholera would break out ... and then there were the scourges of diphtheria and smallpox. These virulent diseases are virtually unknown in the US today; and we have let what was learned in 1918 about

handling epidemics fall by the wayside. It's interesting that 1918 is used as some kind of "benchmark" about the virus itself, yet little is said about what was learned from the experience of that dreadful epidemic. Even simple things like what a person can do to reduce the chances of getting infected are barely mentioned. Now is the time for the medicos in high places to start talking about this since there are measures we can all take to reduce the spread of infection. These measures need to be spelled out clearly and concisely over and over again to that as many people as possible hear them and> learn them and put them into practice. If people know that there's something they themselves can actually do they will tend to do it; but clear education is needed. This part is just not happening. If we don't want our hospitals jammed then we need to know what we can and should do

to avoid that.

Never place a period where God has placed a comma. - Gracie

Guest guest

saleem. what a wonderful. You have told us way of life. Budies, do read it and follow it. Thanx saleem for your contribution. JOSAF"saleem.charudhary" <saleem.charudhary@...> wrote: DEAR FRIENDS,SALEEMA great note for all to read. It will take just 37 seconds to read this and change your thinking. Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs,

their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the

room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene. One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Days and weeks passed. One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside.

HE strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you." Epilogue: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy. "Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present."

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Thank you for sharing this.It brought back my memories of the many things,I would describe for my Mother to help her rest while she lay in the hospital for 3 months,she died but, I knew those many times I descibed a lake,flowers,tree's waterfalls & many animals & green grass,that she truly enjoyed it.I'm so glad I got to do this for her while,her body was getting ready to go to the other side

Thank you again,that was beautiful & a good way to live your life.Always try to see beauty & happiness.

Love & Hugs, & her m m Honey's

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 2:49 AM

Subject: [ ] THOUGHTS

DEAR FRIENDS,SALEEMA great note for all to read. It will take just 37 seconds to read this and change your thinking. Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene. One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Days and weeks passed. One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. HE strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you." Epilogue: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy. "Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present."

Guest guest

, thanks. You liked it so many others. I think our all members should come come out with such beautiful thoughts to make our and others happy and beautifull. This is my little attempt. I shall keep on trying. Thanks once again liking this saleem Journey <journey@...> wrote: Thank you for sharing this.It brought back my memories of the many things,I would describe for my Mother to help her rest while she lay in the hospital for 3 months,she died but, I knew those many times I descibed a lake,flowers,tree's waterfalls & many animals & green grass,that she truly enjoyed it.I'm so glad I got to do this for her while,her body was getting ready to go to the other side Thank you again,that was beautiful & a good way to live your life.Always try to see beauty & happiness. Love & Hugs, & her m m Honey's Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 2:49 AM Subject: [ ] THOUGHTS DEAR FRIENDS,SALEEMA great note for all to read. It will take just 37 seconds to read this and change your thinking. Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour

each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside. The window overlooked a park

with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene. One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Days and weeks passed. One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. HE strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you." Epilogue: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half

the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy. "Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present."

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

, I endorse your views. Why don't you actively participate in discussion. you may be valuable member. tell us your experiences. Journey <journey@...> wrote: Thank you for sharing this.It brought back my memories of the many things,I would describe for my Mother to help her rest while she lay in the hospital for 3 months,she died but, I knew those many times I descibed a lake,flowers,tree's waterfalls & many animals & green grass,that she truly enjoyed it.I'm so glad I got to do this for her while,her body was getting ready to go to the other side Thank you again,that was beautiful & a good way to live your life.Always try to see beauty & happiness. Love & Hugs, & her m m Honey's Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 2:49 AM Subject: [ ] THOUGHTS DEAR FRIENDS,SALEEMA great note for all to read. It will take just 37 seconds to read this and change your thinking. Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man

had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside. The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color

and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene. One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Days and weeks passed. One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making

sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. HE strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you." Epilogue: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that

money can't buy. "Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present."

Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Guest guest

Soft hugs Jo and you know you and your mum (and dad) have my thoughts and prayers. I know several elderly folks who have done well with replacements and will wish your mum the best. The dad issue is a sticky one as I deal with my boys situations and both their dads are deadbeats.

Their birthday was yesterday and s dad didn't even call. Matts did but only to say he would have sent him some money but the trip to Louisville (where we live) took all his money and he would have stopped to see Matt while in Louisville BUT he was afraid the law would find him and lock him up because he owes us $54,000.00 in back child support BUT they are their dads and if the boys ever desired to visit or see them I would have to find my forgiving self and let it be....

any well wishes to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang tight, hang tough my friend!

DonnaSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Jo,

Sending Prayers and Good Thoughts your way. My Mom raised us as well. My Dad was not around when I was growing and it was a Issue. Before he passed I found out what I needed to do. You have to forgive and forget or relive and regret. So try to do this. We can not change who our parent's are but we can sure change how we feel. I lost Mom and Real Dad within a Year of each other. So I do not have any regrets on my heart.

I wish them both the Best and a God Speed recovery.

Robbin and See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

-Jo,

Positive thoughts and prayers heading your way from MN....

hugs Helen and (9,systemic)

p.s a belated happy 5th birthday to Mr Bayly, I'm woefully behind on

mails

-- In , " Grant & Jo " <joking70@...> wrote:

>

> G'day all,

>

> For those who do such a thing, I was wondering if you could spare a

prayer for my beautiful mum who is having a knee-replacement this

morning. Now, I know it's not a big deal usually, but mum is almost

72 years old and not in the best of health. She's survived breast

cancer twice, plus back surgery and other major abdominal surgery

before. But this time her lungs are struggling, so that's why she

has to have the knees done one at a time.

> And I know she's afraid this time. So we're worried.

>

> Also, my dad goes in for surgery tomorrow for a tumour on the

bladder. Now, I don't have anything to do with my dad ever since he

left us when mum had cancer the first time, so I don't know how I'm

s'posed to feel about this, really. But mum raised us as good

Christians and I must forgive, if not forget. So I hope it goes well

for him.

>

> Sending positive thoughts to those who need them in cyberspace!

>

> Jo

> Bayly, 5, extended oligo

>

Guest guest

Jo:

Prayers & happy thoughts for you and your mum. A good friend of mine who is in her mid-50's just had double knee replacements about 5 weeks ago. She should have had it years ago, but her health (especially her heart) are not good. She came through just fine and just started driving again about a week ago. I'm sending positive thoughts that your mom will be fine too!

Hugs to you and your mom!

Beth & Hannah, 10, unspecified arthritis; asthma; gerd; migraines

Sending prayers & happy thoughts,

Beth :-)

thoughts

G'day all,

For those who do such a thing, I was wondering if you could spare a prayer for my beautiful mum who is having a knee-replacement this morning. Now, I know it's not a big deal usually, but mum is almost 72 years old and not in the best of health. She's survived breast cancer twice, plus back surgery and other major abdominal surgery before. But this time her lungs are struggling, so that's why she has to have the knees done one at a time.

And I know she's afraid this time. So we're worried.

Also, my dad goes in for surgery tomorrow for a tumour on the bladder. Now, I don't have anything to do with my dad ever since he left us when mum had cancer the first time, so I don't know how I'm s'posed to feel about this, really. But mum raised us as good Christians and I must forgive, if not forget. So I hope it goes well for him.

Sending positive thoughts to those who need them in cyberspace!

Jo

Bayly, 5, extended oligo

Guest guest

Jo,

I will be sending healing thoughts and prayers from Oregon for your wonderful mom. Jan

Re: thoughts

-Jo,

Positive thoughts and prayers heading your way from MN....

p.s a belated happy 5th birthday to Mr Bayly, I'm woefully behind on

mails

-- In , "Grant & Jo" <joking70@...> wrote:

>

> G'day all,

>

>

for him.

>

> Sending positive thoughts to those who need them in cyberspace!

>

> Jo

>

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

A big Thankyou to all of you who have sent good wishes and positive

thoughts for my parents. Unfortunately, they need to continue.

Mum has had a shocker! While the surgery went well, she had a bad

reaction to the Morphine and had vomiting and diarrhoea for two days,

then got constipated from the drugs to stop it!

On the day after her operation, the person helping her move from bed

to chair, wasn't strong enough to stop her falling, and she has

sprained her ankle! They are doing an x-ray on it today to see if

there are any fractures. The swelling is horrible- black as night and

her calf is the same size as her thigh!

She is now in a new hospital after I transferred her, for Rehab. I

had to take her, as it was easier for them than arranging an

ambulance, apparently. I don't mind as I want to make sure she's

being looked after properly! I had to have words with the nurse at

the last hospital. You'd think Private Medical Insurance in a

Private hospital would ensure good care.

And my Dad has been put back into hospital after he could not stop

bleeding after they removed the tumour- awaiting word to see how bad

it is.

As for Bayly and his Arthritis. Well, it is a fine balancing act at

the moment- there seems to be a lump in his neck. And now he's being

picked on at school because of the shoes he wears (we can't get his

swollen left foot into 'normal' joggers). Plus, he says he can't

play the running around games the others do, so he's alone at

lunchtime. So he doesn't want to go to school each morning. Fair

dinkum- when does it get easier?!

And my Miss Violet, well, I just wish she would let me sleep through

the night! I've been up since 2am, and now can't work today because I

am at that stupid crying stage of fatigue. Sheesh!

Jo

Bayly, 5, extended oligo

(Violet, 3, insomniac like her mother)

>

> G'day all,

>

for him.

> > Sending positive thoughts to those who need them in cyberspace!

> > Jo

Guest guest

Jo:

I am sending you lots and lots of hugs. I will be praying for all you. How awful for your mum! That is horrific, please let us know how all the test come out for both your parents.

I feel so badly for Bayly kids can be so mean. Our kids have it hard enough they don't need to be teased too. A girl in Hannah's class is telling everyone that she is faking her illnesses to get attention. That stuff makes me sooooo mad.

Hang in there and hopefully get some sleep.

Beth & Hannah, 10, unspecified arthritis; asthma; gerd; migraines

Sending prayers & happy thoughts,

Beth :-)

Re: thoughts

A big Thankyou to all of you who have sent good wishes and positive thoughts for my parents. Unfortunately, they need to continue. Mum has had a shocker! While the surgery went well, she had a bad reaction to the Morphine and had vomiting and diarrhoea for two days, then got constipated from the drugs to stop it! On the day after her operation, the person helping her move from bed to chair, wasn't strong enough to stop her falling, and she has sprained her ankle! They are doing an x-ray on it today to see if there are any fractures. The swelling is horrible- black as night and her calf is the same size as her thigh!She is now in a new hospital after I transferred her, for Rehab. I had to take her, as it was easier for them than arranging an ambulance, apparently. I don't mind as I want to make sure she's being looked after properly! I had to have words with the nurse at the last hospital. You'd think

Private Medical Insurance in a Private hospital would ensure good care.And my Dad has been put back into hospital after he could not stop bleeding after they removed the tumour- awaiting word to see how bad it is.As for Bayly and his Arthritis. Well, it is a fine balancing act at the moment- there seems to be a lump in his neck. And now he's being picked on at school because of the shoes he wears (we can't get his swollen left foot into 'normal' joggers). Plus, he says he can't play the running around games the others do, so he's alone at lunchtime. So he doesn't want to go to school each morning. Fair dinkum- when does it get easier?!And my Miss Violet, well, I just wish she would let me sleep through the night! I've been up since 2am, and now can't work today because I am at that stupid crying stage of fatigue. Sheesh!JoBayly, 5, extended oligo(Violet, 3, insomniac like her

mother)>> G'day all,> For those who do such a thing, I was wondering if you could spare a prayer for my beautiful mum who is having a knee-replacement this morning. Now, I know it's not a big deal usually, but mum is almost 72 years old and not in the best of health. She's survived breast cancer twice, plus back surgery and other major abdominal surgery before. But this time her lungs are struggling, so that's why she has to have the knees done one at a time. > And I know she's afraid this time. So we're worried.> > Also, my dad goes in for surgery tomorrow for a tumour on the bladder. Now, I don't have anything to do with my dad ever since he left us when mum had cancer the first time, so I don't know how I'm s'posed to feel about

this, really. But mum raised us as good Christians and I must forgive, if not forget. So I hope it goes well for him.> > Sending positive thoughts to those who need them in cyberspace!> > Jo> Bayly, 5, extended oligo

Guest guest

I am sending big cyber hugs your way. Go

ahead and have a good cry, sometimes it helps out.

Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 5:41

PM

Subject: Re: thoughts

A big Thankyou to all of you who have sent good wishes

and positive

thoughts for my parents. Unfortunately, they need to continue.

Mum has had a shocker! While the surgery went well, she had a bad

reaction to the Morphine and had vomiting and diarrhoea for two days,

then got constipated from the drugs to stop it!

On the day after her operation, the person helping her move from bed

to chair, wasn't strong enough to stop her falling, and she has

sprained her ankle! They are doing an x-ray on it today to see if

there are any fractures. The swelling is horrible- black as night and

her calf is the same size as her thigh!

She is now in a new hospital after I transferred her, for Rehab. I

had to take her, as it was easier for them than arranging an

ambulance, apparently. I don't mind as I want to make sure she's

being looked after properly! I had to have words with the nurse at

the last hospital. You'd think Private Medical Insurance in a

Private hospital would ensure good care.

And my Dad has been put back into hospital after he could not stop

bleeding after they removed the tumour- awaiting word to see how bad

it is.

As for Bayly and his Arthritis. Well, it is a fine balancing act at

the moment- there seems to be a lump in his neck. And now he's being

picked on at school because of the shoes he wears (we can't get his

swollen left foot into 'normal' joggers). Plus, he says he can't

play the running around games the others do, so he's alone at

lunchtime. So he doesn't want to go to school each morning. Fair

dinkum- when does it get easier?!

And my Miss Violet, well, I just wish she would let me sleep through

the night! I've been up since 2am, and now can't work today because I

am at that stupid crying stage of fatigue. Sheesh!

Jo

Bayly, 5, extended oligo

(Violet, 3, insomniac like her mother)

>

> G'day all,

>

for him.

> > Sending positive thoughts to those who need them in cyberspace!

> > Jo

Guest guest

--Jo,

Continued prayers and positive healing thoughts to your mum. How is

she doing now, Its been a few days since you posted. As always, I am

playing catch up with the mail.

- In , " Jo & Grant " <joking70@...> wrote:

>

> A big Thankyou to all of you who have sent good wishes and positive

> thoughts for my parents. Unfortunately, they need to continue.

>

> Mum has had a shocker! While the surgery went well, she had a bad

> reaction to the Morphine and had vomiting and diarrhoea for two

days,

> then got constipated from the drugs to stop it!

>

> On the day after her operation, the person helping her move from

bed

> to chair, wasn't strong enough to stop her falling, and she has

> sprained her ankle! They are doing an x-ray on it today to see if

> there are any fractures. The swelling is horrible- black as night

and

> her calf is the same size as her thigh!

>

> She is now in a new hospital after I transferred her, for Rehab. I

> had to take her, as it was easier for them than arranging an

> ambulance, apparently. I don't mind as I want to make sure she's

> being looked after properly! I had to have words with the nurse at

> the last hospital. You'd think Private Medical Insurance in a

> Private hospital would ensure good care.

>

> And my Dad has been put back into hospital after he could not stop

> bleeding after they removed the tumour- awaiting word to see how

bad

> it is.

>

> As for Bayly and his Arthritis. Well, it is a fine balancing act at

> the moment- there seems to be a lump in his neck. And now he's

being

> picked on at school because of the shoes he wears (we can't get his

> swollen left foot into 'normal' joggers). Plus, he says he can't

> play the running around games the others do, so he's alone at

> lunchtime. So he doesn't want to go to school each morning. Fair

> dinkum- when does it get easier?!

>

> And my Miss Violet, well, I just wish she would let me sleep

through

> the night! I've been up since 2am, and now can't work today because

I

> am at that stupid crying stage of fatigue. Sheesh!

>

> Jo

> (Violet, 3, insomniac like her mother)

>

>

> >

> > G'day all,

>

> > For those who do such a thing, I was wondering if you could spare

a

> prayer for my beautiful mum who is having a knee-replacement this

> morning. Now, I know it's not a big deal usually, but mum is

almost

> 72 years old and not in the best of health. She's survived breast

> cancer twice, plus back surgery and other major abdominal surgery

> before. But this time her lungs are struggling, so that's why she

> has to have the knees done one at a time.

> > And I know she's afraid this time. So we're worried.

> >

> > Also, my dad goes in for surgery tomorrow for a tumour on the

> bladder. Now, I don't have anything to do with my dad ever since

he

> left us when mum had cancer the first time, so I don't know how I'm

> s'posed to feel about this, really. But mum raised us as good

> Christians and I must forgive, if not forget. So I hope it goes

well

> for him.

> > > Sending positive thoughts to those who need them in cyberspace!

> > > Jo

> > Bayly, 5, extended oligo

>

Guest guest

Hi,

I do what Mo suggested. I have kept a diary since I was 14 but now I

keep a diary of my day to day health and tempreatures.

Every morning I take my tempreature and pulse and how I feel on waking.

When I get home from work I jot down how I have felt during the day and

mid evening I take my pulse again. Once a week on Saturdays I take my

blood pressure. I know this all sounds a bit geeky but when I look

back to when I started on Nutri Adrenal and in May when I started

Armour I can see such a great improvement. My temprature was all over

the place but now it is beginning to stabilise - that proves that

things are getting better for me.

I am glad that I have written a journal of my health over the past year

because - I can see in writing just how bad I felt and know that,

although it takes time, I will continue to get better.

Write down how you are feeling day by day - mental and physical -

perhaps what you have had to eat and drink - what the weather was like -

and perhaps you might see a pattern that relates to 'down' times.

Also you will be able to chart your improving health.

You never know, you might end up by writing a novel which may turn into

a film and make you famous.

B

Guest guest

Hi ,

If you feel that writing things down might help you, then it might be

a really good thing for you to do. Only you can be the judge of that.

All of the other stuff that you wrote - I can completely relate to

it.

P

Guest guest

I still think in Fahrenheit so don't understand what your temps are

. They sound low though. The basal should be between 97.8 and

98.2 I believe. And a good mid-afternoon temp 98.6 - in 'old money'

that is :)

You can track your adrenals by using Dr Rind's method whereas the

basal only tells you about how your thyroid is doing.

And neither will be any good to you with an accurate thermometer.

Mo

> I do check my temps everyday, basal this week has been 36 and today

36.3, I do it again usually around 4pm and its never above 36.5, not

sure how accurate my thermometer is though

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Sounds like you might enjoy keeping a diary .

> Another thought is that you could benefit from keeping a temp chart

as

> per www.drrind.com/ This way you would know where you are with your

> adrenals and with your thyroid and you would see a graphic

> representation of your improvement as you go along.

> My son keep a daily diary of how he feels physically and

emotionally

> and has been doing the temp charting too.

> He finds it v. helpful.

>

> Mo

>

> Mo

> >

> > I feel if I write things down as I feel them it might help me. I

want

> > to feel a sense of inner peace and calm, a sense of well being

and

> > anxiety free as much as possible, like I used to be before all

this

> > thyroid c**p! I look back and think of that person I used to be

with

> > envy and wonder will I be like that ever again?

> > Surely its possible? This illness takes it toll on the body and

mind

> > more than you would ever think. Do I just now have to face

reality

> and

> > accpet that I am now different to what I was and move forward as

a

> > different person and my old self is gone forever, maybe that way

I am

> > taking a step towards better health?

> >

>

Guest guest

Yes my temps are still low. I still feel as if I have suffered a set back and not sure that the HC is helping at all, I really thought it would but the anxiety is worse but then that could be because I stopped the thyroid and have only just restarted, I wish I knew what symptom was from what. I feel I have put myself back because I now have to wait inbetween thyroxine increases and am suffering because I stopped it for 3 weeks, what else could be the reason? If I new I would feel like this I wouldnt have started the corftef or stopped my thyroxine, I would have just carried on as before--- On Thu, 11/9/08, Mo Osborne <moosborne@...>

I still think in Fahrenheit so don't understand what your temps are .Mo> I do check my temps everyday, basal this week has been 36 and today 36.3, I do it again usually around 4pm and its never above 36.5, not sure how accurate my thermometer is though> > > > > > > > Sounds like you might enjoy keeping a diary .> Another thought is that you could benefit from keeping a temp chart as > per www.drrind.com/ This way you would know where you are with your > adrenals and with your thyroid and you would see a graphic > representation of your improvement as you go along.> My son keep a daily diary of how he feels physically and emotionally > and has been doing the temp charting too. > He finds it v. helpful.> > Mo> > Mo> >> > I feel if I write things down as

I feel them it might help me. I want > > to feel a sense of inner peace and calm, a sense of well being and > > anxiety free as much as possible, like I used to be before all this > > thyroid c**p! I look back and think of that person I used to be with > > envy and wonder will I be like that ever again?> > Surely its possible? This illness takes it toll on the body and mind > > more than you would ever think. Do I just now have to face reality > and > > accpet that I am now different to what I was and move forward as a > > different person and my old self is gone forever, maybe that way I am > > taking a step towards better health?> >>

Guest guest

, take some time out and read everything you can on Dr lam's website on Adrenals. The information is superb and he writes in a way that everybody can understand. http://www.drlam.com/a3r_brief_in_doc_format/adrenal_fatigue.cfm#13

At the end, he states:

The road to adrenal recovery is not a linear or straightforward path because of the complexity of our internal hormonal and stress-regulation system. Most people who suffer from adrenal fatigue also have multiple endocrine imbalances including sub-clinical hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, and estrogen dominance. These need to be optimized as well. Adrenal recovery is a process akin to running a marathon. The process is long, but it can be done easily and painlessly, one step at a time. Most will find some improvement in a matter of weeks, depending on the degree of pre-existing damage and the clinical skills of the health professional. Because the amount of hormonal balancing is intricate and is highly sensitive, the process take anywhere from 3 months to 3 years under the best of hands. It is a long marathon, and recovery should not be expected in a matter of weeks. Frustration and disappointments are common and normal. Patience is key. During the recovery process, most, if not all, will go through a roller coaster type ride with advances and setbacks.

The use of the proper amount of nutritional supplement can certainly speed up the recovery process, if done properly. It is critically important to note that while there are many nutrients that can help the adrenal recover, only a few are normally needed at any point in time. Nutrients, if not dosed properly, can become toxic and make the adrenal fatigue worse. A shot gun approach seldom works and can in fact backfires if the adrenal is not able to take in the nutrients at the right rate, time, and dose.

Yes my temps are still low. I still feel as if I have suffered a set back and not sure that the HC is helping at all, I really thought it would but the anxiety is worse but then that could be because I stopped the thyroid and have only just restarted, I wish I knew what symptom was from what. I feel I have put myself back because I now have to wait inbetween thyroxine increases and am suffering because I stopped it for 3 weeks, what else could be the reason? If I new I would feel like this I wouldnt have started the corftef or stopped my thyroxine, I would have just carried on as before

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.20/1666 - Release Date: 11/09/2008 07:03

Guest guest

Shari, I wouldn’t start giving him things like that en masse if he’s

not used to them. A lot of cooked fat and salt in bacon (even if you get the “natural”

ones with no nitrates – nitrites??). It may make him more uncomfortable

than he already is.

I’d bet little teeny bits of bacon,

few and far between until his system gets used to them, would be okay, though.

Sharyn

One treat. I was thinking of bacon. The dog has

never tasted bacon or steak. We are vegetarian so he only gets vegetable

leftovers. Maybe I'll go to breakfast this week and instead of getting

extra potatoes I'll get the bacon and bring it home.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.7.6/1709 - Release Date: 10/5/2008 9:20 AM

Guest guest

I'm thinking I'm not going there with new treats. He likes his tomatoes and grapes and apples and bananas and most anything else he sees going in my mouth!

Shari

Guest guest

Shari

I hear your agony. I just lost my kitty of 16 yrs.. she had been losing weight for several weeks and stopped grooming herself... She was still eating some but Thur nite hubby came home and called me.. He found her laying wasn't dead yet but close.. I made it home and we talked (we had talked several days before about this.)... I told her it was okay to leave me.. an hour and half later she was gone.

Do get her on essiac if the organs are still functioning you have a good chance.

Suzi

List Owner

health/

http://360./suziesgoats

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

From: SV <shavig@...>Subject: thoughtshealth Date: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 11:01 AM

Do you think it's possible I made my dog sick? I was having horrible thoughts lately that we would not be able to feed him the raw food diet. Our carpet cleaning business has had a huge downturn and I was thinking he was going to become a burden.

I'm sick at heart thinking this.

Sorry, I just don't know where else to go to pour all this out.

Shari

Guest guest

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though I'm not a cat person, I do know the pain.

His organs are great. That was the first thing the vet said when he called Friday night and one of the reasons I cannot understand how he got so sick. He said his liver functions are great and his enzymes are wonderful.

I'm assuming there's a ton of info in the files on Essiac. As to amounts and best brand or way of brewing, right?

Shari