RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Books

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Me also I do love my books!!! They have some real nice recipes. I find most of

my books at Fred Meyers and Herb Stores. God Bless and have a great evenning.

Sharon :)

Guest guest

At 12:00 AM 3/7/02 +0000, you wrote:

>Would some of you share with me ideas for good books to purchase on essential

>oils, perfumes, and herbs? I am thinking n terms of making the whole range

>of toiletry items just for myself and family. Thanks very much.

my two favorite beginners books, for those just starting their aromatic

journey, are The Essential Oils Book, by Colleen K. Dodt, and a

's A Guide to Vibrant Health and Beauty.

there are reviews of both of them online at www.naturesgift.com/booklist.htm

Your source for superb Essential Oils, Aromatherapy

Accessories, Information, Books and more!

Visit us at: <http://www.naturesgift.com>

Guest guest

Books

Amazon.com Alerts

Exposure Anxiety - The Invisible Cage: An Exploration of Self-Protection

Response in the Autism Spectrum

by Donna

Publication date: May 2002

Publisher: Kingsley Pub

Binding:Paperback

Subjects: Psychology; Autism; Developmental - General

Click here for more information

Our Price: $13.27 | You Save: $5.68 (30%)

A Guide to Asperger Syndrome

by Gillberg

Publisher: Cambridge University Press

Subjects: Medical; Autism; Psychology

Our Price: $29.00

Living the Good Life with Autism

by Edgar Schneider

Subjects: Autism; Asperger's syndrome; Patients

Our Price: $13.97 | You Save: $5.98 (30%)

The AiA Gluten and Dairy Free Cookbook

by Marilyn Le Breton

Subjects: Gluten-free diet; Recipes; Milk-free diet

Our Price: $17.47 | You Save: $7.48 (30%)

A Parent's Guide to Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism

by Sally Ozonoff, et al

Publication date: June 5, 2002

Publisher: Guilford Press

Subjects: Psychology; Psychotherapy - Child & Adolescent; Family / Parenting

/ Childbirth

Our Price: $12.57 | You Save: $5.38 (30%)

Guest guest

The only one of those books I've read was

Seroussi's. It was lent to us by one of my husband's

customers and I found it quite compelling and in such

terms that I could completely understand why people

choose GFCF diet. In fact, after returning the book I

bought a copy of my own for reference since going

GFCF. I would check with your library about borrowing

these books from other libraries, ours will order from

any library and call us when they arrive.

Also, I did find out that when removing these items

from diet (ie milk) that their may be die off

reactions and cause behavioral issues. When we took

all Gluten & Casien from Austin's diet we had several

weeks (5 to be exact) of horrible behavior, but have

seen nothing but improvement ever since.

Janice

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/5/02 10:43:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,

clicker@... writes:

<<

1. The Sprouting Book - Wigmore

2. Dining in the Raw - Rita Romano

>>

the sprouting book is great--it introduces you to the way you need to live

your life so that you can incorporate sprouting into your life---------she is

pretty detailed--but you will probably get hungry for her other

books--wheatgrass and then the hippocrates diet book....

as for the other book, i had never heard of it but i will be picking it up~!

Guest guest

Thanks, . I'll have to do some reading tonight! :)

Melinda

> the sprouting book is great--it introduces you to the way you need

to live

> your life so that you can incorporate sprouting into your life-----

----she is

> pretty detailed--but you will probably get hungry for her other

> books--wheatgrass and then the hippocrates diet book....

>

> as for the other book, i had never heard of it but i will be

picking it up~!

Guest guest

I really like both of those books.

De

Faith is the ability to not panic.

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto:ljjbeck05@...] Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 8:05 AMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: booksHello Everyone. I loved reading the funnies this morning.I ordered "A Survivor's Guide to HepC" a couple weeks ago but haven't rec'd it yet. I also got "The First Year Hep C-An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed" by Cara Bruce & Montanarelli. So far I haven't been able to remove the bubble wrap. Any opinions on this book? My doc said to call him after 10 days to give me the scoop on all the labs he did. I don't know if its better to get it over with and find out the facts or continue to enjoy the bliss of ignorance and not knowing... at least til the end of the week.

Guest guest

My doctor told me many times he really appreciated how well informed I was. He said it made his job easier and I think it helped my finances because he didn't make me come in as often because he knew he could trust me to call if anything was amiss.

De

Faith is the ability to not panic.

-----Original Message-----From: Gail Deveaux [mailto:gaila@...] Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 11:25 AMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: RE: books

Unrap the books and start reading.The hep is going to go away by itself and the more you know about it the better off you are.I wish I had all this information available to me before and during treatment.It would have given me and easier time mentally to understand what was happening.Instead I am learning after a successful treatment and am trying to make sure no one else walks into this blind.The knowledge will give you more control over what happens in the future over this disease and your life.Please read those books before your doctor appointment so you will know what questions to ask him and you will have a better understanding of what he is saying.Ask for a copy of all your lab work.Keep a set a records for yourself.

Gail

Guest guest

My other book came(Living w/ HepC-A Surv Guide) this afternoon & I've

read a few chapters. So far nothing has terrified me. Will probably

be good to encourage my hubby to read one. It's easy to understand

and very positive. I also called the doc who ordered the labwork to

confirm my diagnosis & type but he wasn't able to call back today.

Sounds like I'm among fellow animal lovers. I have a big, fat, crazy

indoor cat named Katters but mostly refer to him as Super-D. He has

difficulty with basic cat functions like landing on his feet. He's a

mess. Also have a 14yo dog, my first child. Her name is Precious,

samoyed/german shep mix... white w/ ice blue eyes. She receives

regular groomings from the cat. She tolerates it well for a few

minutes then looks like she's trying to bite his head off & the chase

is on, lol. I think he helps keep her active.

Well, enough rambling about me. I really appreciate reading

everyone's messages and learning what's going on with each of you.

Have a nice evening!

:-)

> My doctor told me many times he really appreciated how well

informed I was.

> He said it made his job easier and I think it helped my finances

because he

> didn't make me come in as often because he knew he could trust me

to call if

> anything was amiss.

>

> De

> Faith is the ability to not panic.

>

> RE: books

>

>

> Unrap the books and start reading.The hep is going to go away by

itself and

> the more you know about it the better off you are.I wish I had all

this

> information available to me before and during treatment.It would

have given

> me and easier time mentally to understand what was

happening.Instead I am

> learning after a successful treatment and am trying to make sure no

one else

> walks into this blind.The knowledge will give you more control over

what

> happens in the future over this disease and your life.Please read

those

> books before your doctor appointment so you will know what

questions to ask

> him and you will have a better understanding of what he is

saying.Ask for a

> copy of all your lab work.Keep a set a records for yourself.

> Gail

Guest guest

quite a few of us have pets/livestock.. Myself and family live with a dog a cat and fish..I to have the book you mentioned also.. Great book, keep on educating your self.. me right now I am sorting out treatment methods right know..All is a learning experiance.. Kathy B.

RE: books> > > Unrap the books and start reading.The hep is going to go away by itself and> the more you know about it the better off you are.I wish I had all this> information available to me before and during treatment.It would have given> me and easier time mentally to understand what was happening.Instead I am> learning after a successful treatment and am trying to make sure no one else> walks into this blind.The knowledge will give you more control over what> happens in the future over this disease and your life.Please read those> books before your doctor appointment so you will know what questions to ask> him and you will have a better understanding of what he is saying.Ask for a> copy of all your lab work.Keep a set a records for yourself.> Gail

Guest guest

I have found the following books at Micelle Press. I'd love to hear

if anyone has found these valuable in their natural perfume

knowledge quest.

http://www.wdi.co.uk/micelle/home.html

Roxana, Thanks for sharing this invaluable research. I checked the website

and after reading the descriptions believe that several of those referenced

should be on my library shelf, for certain.

Guest guest

It has been kinda neat talking about our families. Yours is interesting also. Where are you at? I'm in Illinois, USA. I have so many pictures of all my relatives. My great grandfather was famous in Germany for his music. There is actually a biography about him both in book and a documentary film. Which is only accessible in Germany. Actually I do have the book, it's all in German though. I had three years of German in school but cannot speak fluently so I cannot read it fully. He was first violinist in the Munich Orchestra and could play and taught 15 different instruments. He died way before I was born of Cancer. His name was Maxamillian Munzl. Wish I could have met him. I will try to see if I can find that book you spoke of. Thanks. JULIE JOHNSTON <julie.johnston12@...> wrote:

Oh, - your grandmothers life must have been SOO interesting!!

The book - it's called Finding Peggy, The story of a Glasgow Childhood. It's by a woman called Meg . I have seen it in our library, but if you're in the US, I'm not sure how easy it would be to get it - maybe you could ask them to order it for you - cos I'm sure others would love it as well. But even if they can't I'm sure it would be easy enough to buy thru Amazon, or some similar site.

My Maternal grandparents fled Ireland and came to Scotland in the 1920's - before my mum was born. I never really got to know the whole story - like your Grandmother, she don't talk a lot about it. I think she maybe felt that that part of the family's life was over - and she'd never been part of living in Ireland, so she never talked. My paternal grandfather was involved a lot in politics and knew may of the leading people in the Labour Party here in Britain in the 1930's.

But i think it's amazing how "ordinary" peoples lives turn out - like your family and mine. If my grandparents had stayed in Ireland, my mum and dad wouldn't have met and i wouldn't be here!!

You know - it's such a shame that these stories get lost. They may not be of big heroic doings, but are often more interesting. My family laugh at me cos i like to take photos - which loves looking at. Every Christmas, birthday, start of new term.......... it all gets recorded. As for holidays - hey - don't even begin to ask - if it stays still long enough or looks good/funny/quirky/daft enough - it gets snapped!! I just want the kids to have memories down. Saying that, i HAVE become a bit more selective. i used to snap, snap, snap, till i realised that some memories can't be snapped- they are better remembered in your head!

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.6.7 - Release Date: 10/06/2005

Guest guest

I stay in Glasgow, Scotland.

Furthest i've been is Germany on a school trip 25 years ago! wish i'd been a bit older and i would have enjoyed it mopre.

Planning our big holiday next year - California. Can't wait!

Re: Books

It has been kinda neat talking about our families. Yours is interesting also. Where are you at? I'm in Illinois, USA. I have so many pictures of all my relatives. My great grandfather was famous in Germany for his music. There is actually a biography about him both in book and a documentary film. Which is only accessible in Germany. Actually I do have the book, it's all in German though. I had three years of German in school but cannot speak fluently so I cannot read it fully. He was first violinist in the Munich Orchestra and could play and taught 15 different instruments. He died way before I was born of Cancer. His name was Maxamillian Munzl. Wish I could have met him. I will try to see if I can find that book you spoke of. Thanks. JULIE JOHNSTON <julie.johnston12@...> wrote:

The book - it's called Finding Peggy, The story of a Glasgow Childhood. It's by a woman called Meg . I have seen it in our library, but if you're in the US, I'm not sure how easy it would be to get it - maybe you could ask them to order it for you - cos I'm sure others would love it as well. But even if they can't I'm sure it would be easy enough to buy thru Amazon, or some similar site.

My Maternal grandparents fled Ireland and came to Scotland in the 1920's - before my mum was born. I never really got to know the whole story - like your Grandmother, she don't talk a lot about it. I think she maybe felt that that part of the family's life was over - and she'd never been part of living in Ireland, so she never talked. My paternal grandfather was involved a lot in politics and knew may of the leading people in the Labour Party here in Britain in the 1930's.

But i think it's amazing how "ordinary" peoples lives turn out - like your family and mine. If my grandparents had stayed in Ireland, my mum and dad wouldn't have met and i wouldn't be here!!

You know - it's such a shame that these stories get lost. They may not be of big heroic doings, but are often more interesting. My family laugh at me cos i like to take photos - which loves looking at. Every Christmas, birthday, start of new term.......... it all gets recorded. As for holidays - hey - don't even begin to ask - if it stays still long enough or looks good/funny/quirky/daft enough - it gets snapped!! I just want the kids to have memories down. Saying that, i HAVE become a bit more selective. i used to snap, snap, snap, till i realised that some memories can't be snapped- they are better remembered in your head!

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.6.7 - Release Date: 10/06/2005

Guest guest

That sounds wonderful. Well, hope you have a great trip. JULIE JOHNSTON <julie.johnston12@...> wrote:

I stay in Glasgow, Scotland.

Furthest i've been is Germany on a school trip 25 years ago! wish i'd been a bit older and i would have enjoyed it mopre.

Planning our big holiday next year - California. Can't wait!

Re: Books

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.6.7 - Release Date: 10/06/2005

Guest guest

I though AbSolution was alot like BFL (liked BFL better). Do you get

Oxygen mag?

>

> I'm a little curious about which fitness books you ladies own (in

> addition to the original BFL, of course). I currently have BFL and

LL

> and I keep hearing great things about the Ab Diet, ABsolution and

> Jillian 's new book. Unfortunately my local library doesn't

> carry them and although I'd like to build up my fitness library at

> home, I don't want to spend $$ on books that don't teach me anything

> new. So, are there any books that you really recommend?

>

> Thanks,

> K.G.

>

Guest guest

Sometimes you can find some great deals on Amazon or Ebay. I got

Jillian 's book on Ebay for 4.00.

One of my favorite books is Bill Pearl's " Getting Stronger " . It is

almost an exercise reference book as it suggestions different lifting

exercises for specific sports, conditioning, and for all body areas.

I love the on-line exercises (like www.exrx.com) but I like to flip

through and see all 120 different arm exercises in front of me in a

book.

My other favorite book is " Fighting Fit " by Col Ben Asher...it

is a no bs book for optimal fitness geared for fighting (it is written

for the Israeli IDF) but it is a great resource.

I want to get Beth Horn's book and if anyone has read it, I would love

to hear what you think...

>

> I'm a little curious about which fitness books you ladies own (in

> addition to the original BFL, of course). I currently have BFL and LL

> and I keep hearing great things about the Ab Diet, ABsolution and

> Jillian 's new book. Unfortunately my local library doesn't

> carry them and although I'd like to build up my fitness library at

> home, I don't want to spend $$ on books that don't teach me anything

> new. So, are there any books that you really recommend?

>

> Thanks,

> K.G.

>

Guest guest

>

> I though AbSolution was alot like BFL (liked BFL better). Do you get

> Oxygen mag?

>

The only magazine subscriptions I have are for Yoga Journal and

Pilates. I buy Oxygen when a cover story sparks my interest, but I

prefer FitnessRx. I buy that one religiously...

K.G.

Guest guest

Favorite kombucha book: Alick & Mari Bartholomew, Kombucha Tea for your

health and healing.

Least favorite -- would not recommend: Betsy Pryor, Kombucha Phenomenon

(this one is one of those you have to do it one way or you are wrong kind of

books). Don't waste money on it.

Joyce

Dallas tX

Guest guest

I

sent one link for a book. For chat, you need yahoo messenger. http://messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php

Add

Danne (dannegrl2003) to your contacts. Then on Thursday, send danne a message &

she will invite you to the chat.

Our

SuZieQ is very special, isn’t she? We love her. Hey, Suzie! Take your

lactulose!

books

Can members suggest some good books

on how to deal with TX & Surviving HEP C ?

Also I tried Delphi its the most

complicated site I have ever seen.I am looking for a good chat site.

Never Chatted before but I guess I

will have to learn .What do I need in hardware to do chat?

You have all been wonderful to me I

wish there was something I could do to make it up to all of

you. Suzie especially after I left

the group the first time has been unbelievable awesome.

God Bless you all.

Regards

Bill

Guest guest

I

sent one link for a book. For chat, you need yahoo messenger. http://messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php

Add

Our

lactulose!

books

God Bless you all.

Regards

Bill

Guest guest

I

Add

Our

lactulose!

books

God Bless you all.

Regards

Bill

Guest guest

Harriet McBryde has an excellent book out called " Too Late to

Die Young " (available at Amazon, etc.) and Hershey has posted a

number of her pieces on her web site: http://www.cripcommentary.com/

Both women have SMA and are excellent writers.

Alana

>

> hey i have heard alot of you sayn u were goin to write a book do any

of

> you know of any book already published i would love to read one

>

> thanks laura

>

Guest guest

I successfully participated in some short story contests (crime) and

due to this my stories are published in anthologies. Two of them will

be ready to download as radio play at audible.de soon.

As they are in German language, I think I do not need to post the

links here. ;-)

Best wishes

Camilla

>

> hey i have heard alot of you sayn u were goin to write a book do any of

>

> thanks laura

>

Guest guest

I have had a book published about my life. It's called, " Without Laughter

and Music, Shoot Me, " by Napolitano. You can buy it online at Amazon.com,

andnoble.com or Publishamerica.com. Since I had the book published, I

have gotten married to a man I met here in the SMA group. His former wife

(deceased) had SMA. Yes, miracles happen!

Manning

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at

http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Guest guest

Tsüss Camilla,

Please do post us the names of your books and the links!

I have thought putting a list of books written by people with SMA on my website

- but haven't got round to it yet.

There are two more books that have not yet been mentioned:

The Me in the Mirror by Connie Panzarino - an excellent autobiography of a civil

rights activist - I enjoyed it very much

Diálogos con Axel by José Fortunyi Pons - another excellent

autobiography of a very different kind - more inner thoughts than activism - for

those who speak Spanish

smiles

Taya

[ROSKAPOSTI] Re: books

I successfully participated in some short story contests (crime) and

due to this my stories are published in anthologies. Two of them will

be ready to download as radio play at audible.de soon.

As they are in German language, I think I do not need to post the

links here. ;-)

Best wishes

Camilla

>

> hey i have heard alot of you sayn u were goin to write a book do any of

>

> thanks laura

>