Protein

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/21/02 2:11:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

jvandyke@... writes:

> I feel best when I eat lots of baked fish

Same here, I eat tons of fish, salmon's my fav! Nutrionist said it's a

really good lean meat, I rarely eat red meat. Fish, chicken, and turkey r

the only meats I really eat. I do feel less lethargic w/ protein.

" The purpose of life is a life of purpose. "

- Byrne

In a message dated 8/21/02 11:35:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

jondus@... writes:

> That's interesting when the elemental protein diet says to avoid meats.

Yeah I really don't agree w/ that diet (just my opinion), it'll be really

hard to wing myself off of meat, dairy, etc. Plus I put good stuff in my

body, not junk. I just felt awful w/o meat in my diet! My swallowing is

limited, and my GI dr tells me to eat for enjoyment, since I have a g-tube,

which I love!

~s, GRADUATE of Class 2002~

" Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes l

ife meaningful. "

- J. Marine

That's interesting when the elemental protein diet says to avoid meats. I

wish they could do some controlled studies on that stuff so we knew what to

really believe.

Re: Protein

In a message dated 8/21/02 2:11:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

jvandyke@... writes:

> I feel best when I eat lots of baked fish

Same here, I eat tons of fish, salmon's my fav! Nutrionist said it's a

really good lean meat, I rarely eat red meat. Fish, chicken, and turkey r

the only meats I really eat. I do feel less lethargic w/ protein.

" The purpose of life is a life of purpose. "

- Byrne

This is my preferred order:

baked fish

beef or deer

turkey

chicken

jv O ======---,-----,----,---,--,-, o

|--Q \ o

----\ \ o_

________ () ()\_ Fish to Live, Live to Fish -<_><

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 MsBYGthoughts@... wrote:

> In a message dated 8/21/02 2:11:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

> jvandyke@... writes:

>

>

> > I feel best when I eat lots of baked fish

>

> Same here, I eat tons of fish, salmon's my fav! Nutrionist said it's a

> really good lean meat, I rarely eat red meat. Fish, chicken, and turkey r

> the only meats I really eat. I do feel less lethargic w/ protein.

> " The purpose of life is a life of purpose. "

> - Byrne

Yes, my husband (age 44, SMA Type 3) always notices when his diet has been

low in protein for the day. He uses a GNC product and makes a protein drink

in mid-afternoon and occasionally before bed depending upon the amount of

protein he's had for the day. We always try to think of some type of

meat/egg/cheese or peanut butter combination at each meal.

I drink various protein shakes at lunchtime. I try to vary them so I

do not get an allergy or food sensitivity by overusing one. For me,

it is a balancing act because I need (at least it seems I do) a lot of

protein but I don't want a lot of calories. Two shakes that seem to

work well for me are GoLean for Women by Kashi Co. and shakes by

Spiriteum. I also take two TBSPs/day of this pre-digested whey stuff

by TwinLab that I affectionately call " protein slop " . Kashi used to

make their shakes with a whey component, and I think they worked

better for me then. It almost seems like I need animal proteins, like

meat & dairy, rather than from beans, grains & nuts. Maybe I'm weird?

Yes, my husband (age 44, SMA Type 3) always notices when his diet has

been low in protein for the day. He uses a GNC product and makes a

protein drink in mid-afternoon and occasionally before bed depending

upon the amount of protein he's had for the day. We always try to

think of some type of meat/egg/cheese or peanut butter combination at

each meal.

• 1 year later...

I am a post-op gastric bypass patient and an RD.

I took CIB with added dry powdered milk. I added 2 tbsp and the total g Pro was 18 per 8 oz. This was tolerable. I tried protein powders and I didn't like the altered taste.

I also ate sugar free yogurt which I could find at Wal-mart - this actually had a good taste. Once I could eat a little I had cottage cheese often.

It just depends on what stage in the diet they are.

While I was in the hospital they gave me a fruit smoothie shake with cottage cheese, yogurt and fruit blenderized - this was about 15 g protein (may have had some dry powder milk)

just a few suggestions. K.

A lot of my patients use the No Sugar Added CIB . mentioned

adding 2 tbsp of powdered milk. I have my patients add 1/4 cup to 8oz

skim milk and use this milk for anything the eat that requires milk.

They can make the CIB with this as well. Everybody seems to like this.

Also Boost Hi Protein seems to be tolerated well and is lactose free.

Pts do complain of the taste of many of the protein supplements that

are higher in protein. I do encourage them to get their protein from

food sources as soon as they are able.

I use the guideline that oral supplements should have no more that about

30 grams of Carb per 8 ounces to prevent dumping syndrome.

No Sugar CIB, Boost Hi Pro, Ensure Hi Pro are all well tolerated even

though they are a few grams higher than that.

I do not feel no sugar CIB is too high. It's relatively inexpensive,

tastes good and is easy to buy

Pam

Warren, OH

Protein does not need to be supplemented if they get it from food. I know that some MD's ask that pts do take protein shakes in the beginning. I am 4 mo post op myself and I was able to get 50-60 g of protein by adding dry powder milk to everything in my puree diet (the first 3-4 weeks) and I have been able to meet my needs through my meals now that I can tolerate solid meats again. I used a lot of milk during the beginning especially to get my protein and yet not eat too much.

RD LD K.

• 2 months later...

> so i dont know what did it, but something i ate made me sick. i

ate

> so much for Hanukka, God only knows which food made me sick.

anyway,

> my tummy is so sore, i cant eat much including my protein. what

kind

> of reserves does our body have for days like this? when i had the

> flu, i couldnt eat either. i made up for it when i got better but

> now im sick from something i ate. should i be worried??

>

> vicki

No, don't worry, you will be fine.

Marta

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Too much protein has not been proven to be harmful to anything except

kidneys that are already compromised in some way. Of course the excess

eventually gets excreted so if you overdo it you might be flushing good

dollars down the toilet. Unless you're aspiring to be an elite

bodybuilder stick with around 25-30 grams of protein per meal.

Another great protein powder recipe is from using a protein called

Muscle Provider by Beverley International(via vitaglo.com). The vanilla

is really good so I would mix a scoop with enough water to form a thick

cream. Pour it over fresh strawberries or raspberries and it becomes

fruit with creme fraiche. Awesome.

Stasia

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Thanks Steve for the info,, yes lots of ppl ARE allergic to wheat and other 'grains'. But so many ppl are under the false impression that protein is not good for those with liver or kidney disease when actually, its probably the most important UNLESS you are decompensated. The breakdown of protein helps to raise the glutathione in the liver and that is so important in maintaining liver health. So tell us what you are doing with the 'holistic' route. Im very interested in that. Why are you losing your muscle mass, why are you wasting? Are you co-infected with HIV as I have read that being infected with both at the same time can cause that. My brother fought that too.. hang in there,, and really, I want to know what you are doing! jaxsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: My doctor told me to eat as much protein as possible. I'm losing all my muscle mass. I'm not doing the treatment. Going the holistic route. I just read an interesting article on mercola.com about gluten free diets. He has some very interesting things to say about interferon therapy and eating wheat,etc. A lot of people are allergic to wheat barley, oats and don't know it (celiac disease). It can cause a lot of digestive problems. Check it out! Steve Jackie

Guest guest

Geri, You need protein then,, not getting enough,,, but eat wisely,, not all bacon, eggs and steak, lol,, good sources would be low fat turkey, chicken, fish, tofu, and vegetable protein..us4heavenbound@... wrote: Thanks I have basiclly turned to jelly..I was doing racquetball last summer, but now I feel so flabby. ick..thanks for the info..geri Jackie

Guest guest

Jackie, I'm doing chinese herbs and was doing chelation IV's to get rid of heavy metals. I'm trying to heal my body so I can keep the virus at bay. I had high lead and mercury levels. I think the chelation has helped. The chinese herbs have helped with my skin and my energy level. I think the key is, like the old saying goes " You are what you eat" I'm doing pretty well all in all. I don't want to do the "chemo" unless I have to. Austin is a pretty progessive city as far as holistic and alternative therapies. So thats in my favor. Life is good! SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Thanks Steve for the info,, yes lots of ppl ARE allergic to wheat and other 'grains'. But so many ppl are under the false impression that protein is not good for those with liver or kidney disease when actually, its probably the most important UNLESS you are decompensated. The breakdown of protein helps to raise the glutathione in the liver and that is so important in maintaining liver health. So tell us what you are doing with the 'holistic' route. Im very interested in that. Why are you losing your muscle mass, why are you wasting? Are you co-infected with HIV as I have read that being infected with both at the same time can cause that. My brother fought that too.. hang in there,, and really, I want to know

what you are doing! jaxsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: My doctor told me to eat as much protein as possible. I'm losing all my muscle mass. I'm not doing the treatment. Going the holistic route. I just read an interesting article on mercola.com about gluten free diets. He has some very interesting things to say about interferon therapy and eating wheat,etc. A lot of people are allergic to wheat barley, oats and don't know it (celiac disease). It can cause a lot of digestive problems. Check it out! Steve Jackie

Guest guest

does anyone know of any good research on amount of protein a gastric bypass patient should consume to help prevent loss of muscle mass during the rapid weight loss phase? Our program uses a min of 75gram/day for first 3 months after surgery when protein needs tend to be higher. At 3 months after surgery we tell patients that it is ok to drop down to 60grams for women and 65 grams for men. We do evaluate folks in f/u to see if they need more based on labs. REcently it was brought to my attention that patients need much more protein. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks

Janelle D. McLeod, RDGastric Bypass CoordinatorPenn State Hershey Medical Center717-531-6321

This message (including any attachments) contains information intended for a specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to applicable law. Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalty. If you have received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from your system immediately.

Guest guest

Austin, Texas. Man do I love that city!! You go Steve. Love Janetsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: Jackie, I'm doing chinese herbs and was doing chelation IV's to get rid of heavy metals. I'm trying to heal my body so I can keep the virus at bay. I had high lead and mercury levels. I think the chelation has helped. The chinese herbs have helped

with my skin and my energy level. I think the key is, like the old saying goes " You are what you eat" I'm doing pretty well all in all. I don't want to do the "chemo" unless I have to. Austin is a pretty progessive city as far as holistic and alternative therapies. So thats in my favor. Life is good! SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Thanks Steve for the info,, yes lots of ppl ARE allergic to wheat and other 'grains'. But so many ppl are under the false impression that protein is not good for those with liver or kidney disease when actually, its probably the most important UNLESS you are decompensated. The breakdown of protein helps to raise the glutathione in the liver and that is so important in

maintaining liver health. So tell us what you are doing with the 'holistic' route. Im very interested in that. Why are you losing your muscle mass, why are you wasting? Are you co-infected with HIV as I have read that being infected with both at the same time can cause that. My brother fought that too.. hang in there,, and really, I want to know what you are doing! jaxsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: My doctor told me to eat as much protein as possible. I'm losing all my muscle mass. I'm not doing the treatment. Going the holistic route. I just read an interesting article on mercola.com about gluten free diets. He has some very interesting things to say about interferon therapy and eating wheat,etc. A lot of people are allergic to

wheat barley, oats and don't know it (celiac disease). It can cause a lot of digestive problems. Check it out! Steve Jackie Take the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Guest guest

Wow! Steve, that sounds great,, so have you see a difference in your labs since you started this? I dont blame you for not wanting to do the chemo tx,, so I truely hope this helps you to hold your own until some kind of easier but more sure treatment comes along. It seems that all the docs keep using INF as the basis for all tx , so my fear is that anything that is really new will be a long time coming, especially since INF have shown to work so well with Riba and clear up to half of all those taking it! Never mind all the problems INF causes and riba too,, lol what herbs are you taking?steve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: Jackie, I'm doing chinese herbs and was doing chelation IV's to get rid of heavy metals. I'm trying to heal my body so I can keep the virus at bay. I had high lead and mercury levels. I think the chelation has helped. The chinese herbs have helped with my skin and my energy level. I think the key is, like the old saying goes " You are what you eat" I'm doing pretty well all in all. I don't want to do the "chemo" unless I have to. Austin is a pretty progessive city as far as holistic and alternative therapies. So thats in my favor. Life is good! SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Thanks Steve for the info,, yes lots of ppl ARE allergic to wheat and other 'grains'. But so many ppl are under the false impression that protein is not good for those with liver or kidney disease when actually, its probably the most important UNLESS you are decompensated. The breakdown of protein helps to raise the glutathione in the liver and that is so important in maintaining liver health. So tell us what you are doing with the 'holistic' route. Im very interested in that. Why are you losing your muscle mass, why are you wasting? Are you co-infected with HIV as I have read that being infected with both at the same time can cause that. My brother fought that too.. hang in there,, and really, I want to know what you are doing! jaxsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: My doctor told me to eat as much protein as possible. I'm losing all my muscle mass. I'm not doing the treatment. Going the holistic route. I just read an interesting article on mercola.com about gluten free diets. He has some very interesting things to say about interferon therapy and eating wheat,etc. A lot of people are allergic to wheat barley, oats and don't know it (celiac disease). It can cause a lot of digestive problems. Check it out! Steve Jackie Jackie

Guest guest

Jackie, My ast and alt have come down to normal. My viral load flucuates, I haven't had it done in a while. The chinese herbs are combinations of ginsing,astragalus root,licorice root, miletta stem, tripergum wolfed hook,honeysuckle, sulbproatrate root,ophiopogon root, schisandra fruit, wolfberry fruit etc. etc. etc. They seem to be working for me. I'm also doing acupuncture. I'm also eating foods that are very high antioxydants like spirulina, gogi berries, and raw chocolate (cacao nibs) Hemp protein(thc free). I didn't know anything about any of this until I found out about the hep last year. Hepatitis is very prevalant in china, has been for years. I think they have few more years of experience than western medicine. What about what ever happened to him, he used to on here be 3 times a day. He had very good luck with the herbs as

well. He must of gotten well and forgot about us. SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Wow! Steve, that sounds great,, so have you see a difference in your labs since you started this? I dont blame you for not wanting to do the chemo tx,, so I truely hope this helps you to hold your own until some kind of easier but more sure treatment comes along. It seems that all the docs keep using INF as the basis for all tx , so my fear is that anything that is really new will be a long time coming,

especially since INF have shown to work so well with Riba and clear up to half of all those taking it! Never mind all the problems INF causes and riba too,, lol what herbs are you taking?steve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: Jackie, I'm doing chinese herbs and was doing chelation IV's to get rid of heavy metals. I'm trying to heal my body so I can keep the virus at bay. I had high lead and mercury levels. I think the chelation has helped. The chinese herbs have helped with my skin and my energy level. I think the key is, like the old saying goes " You are what you eat" I'm doing pretty well all in all. I don't want to do the "chemo" unless I have to. Austin is a pretty progessive city as far as holistic

and alternative therapies. So thats in my favor. Life is good! SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Thanks Steve for the info,, yes lots of ppl ARE allergic to wheat and other 'grains'. But so many ppl are under the false impression that protein is not good for those with liver or kidney disease when actually, its probably the most important UNLESS you are decompensated. The breakdown of protein helps to raise the glutathione in the liver and that is so important in maintaining liver health. So tell us what you are doing with the 'holistic' route. Im very interested in that. Why are you losing your muscle mass, why are you wasting? Are you co-infected with HIV as I have read that being infected with both at the same time can cause

that. My brother fought that too.. hang in there,, and really, I want to know what you are doing! jaxsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: My doctor told me to eat as much protein as possible. I'm losing all my muscle mass. I'm not doing the treatment. Going the holistic route. I just read an interesting article on mercola.com about gluten free diets. He has some very interesting things to say about interferon therapy and eating wheat,etc. A lot of people are allergic to wheat barley, oats and don't know it (celiac disease). It can cause a lot of digestive problems. Check it out! Steve Jackie Jackie

Guest guest

is still around, he just got married to a lovely lady named Yu. And she had a son from a previous marriage, so now he is a father!!! I think he is here in the USA right now, he had some doctor vists to make in Va. He is staying with family. Yu and son stayed in China because of the fact that they didn't have their visa's yet. He is really getting into the import-export business. Love Janetsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: Jackie, My ast and alt have come down to normal. My viral load flucuates, I haven't had it done in a while. The chinese herbs are combinations of ginsing,astragalus root,licorice root, miletta stem, tripergum wolfed hook,honeysuckle, sulbproatrate root,ophiopogon root, schisandra fruit, wolfberry fruit etc. etc. etc. They seem to be working for me. I'm also doing acupuncture. I'm also eating foods that are very high antioxydants like spirulina, gogi berries, and raw chocolate (cacao nibs) Hemp protein(thc free). I didn't know anything about any of this until I found out about the hep last year. Hepatitis is very prevalant in china, has been for years. I think they have few more years of experience than western medicine. What about what ever happened to him, he used to on here be 3 times a day. He had very good luck with

the herbs as well. He must of gotten well and forgot about us. SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Wow! Steve, that sounds great,, so have you see a difference in your labs since you started this? I dont blame you for not wanting to do the chemo tx,, so I truely hope this helps you to hold your own until some kind of easier but more sure treatment comes along. It seems that all the docs keep using INF as the basis for all tx , so my fear is that anything that is really new will be a long time coming, especially since INF have shown to work so well with Riba and clear up to half of all those taking it! Never mind all the problems INF causes and riba too,, lol what herbs are you taking?steve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: Jackie, I'm doing chinese herbs and was doing chelation IV's to get rid of heavy metals. I'm trying to heal my body so I can keep the virus at bay. I had high lead and mercury levels. I think the chelation has helped. The chinese herbs have helped with my skin and my energy level. I think the key is, like the old saying goes " You are what you eat" I'm doing pretty well all in all. I don't want to do the "chemo" unless I have to. Austin is a pretty progessive city as far as holistic and alternative therapies. So thats in my favor. Life is good! SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Thanks Steve for the info,, yes lots of ppl ARE allergic to wheat and other 'grains'. But so many ppl are under the false impression that protein is not good for those with liver or kidney disease when actually, its probably the most important UNLESS you are decompensated. The breakdown of protein helps to raise the glutathione in the liver and that is so important in maintaining liver health. So tell us what you are doing with the 'holistic' route. Im very interested in that. Why are you losing your muscle mass, why are you wasting? Are you co-infected with HIV as I have read that being infected with both at the same time can cause that. My brother fought that too.. hang in there,, and really, I want to know what you are doing! jaxsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: My doctor told me to eat as much protein as possible. I'm losing all my muscle mass. I'm not doing the treatment. Going the holistic route. I just read an interesting article on mercola.com about gluten free diets. He has some very interesting things to say about interferon therapy and eating wheat,etc. A lot of people are allergic to wheat barley, oats and don't know it (celiac disease). It can cause a lot of digestive problems. Check it out! Steve Jackie Jackie Take the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Guest guest

Hi Janet I too just IM'd with and found out that he had gotten married,, Im so happy for him and he seems to be holding his own with the hep too,,, I gotta talk with him about the import/export business.. hmmm Hope you are cooler there than we are here.. it was 105 today and they project 112 tomorrow,, thats jut way to hot for me!! love ya Janet jaxJanet <doc_jade@...> wrote: is still around, he just got married to a lovely lady named Yu. And she

had a son from a previous marriage, so now he is a father!!! I think he is here in the USA right now, he had some doctor vists to make in Va. He is staying with family. Yu and son stayed in China because of the fact that they didn't have their visa's yet. He is really getting into the import-export business. Love Janetsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: Jackie, My ast and alt have come down to normal. My viral load flucuates, I haven't had it done in a while. The chinese herbs are combinations of ginsing,astragalus root,licorice root, miletta stem, tripergum wolfed hook,honeysuckle, sulbproatrate root,ophiopogon root, schisandra fruit, wolfberry fruit etc. etc. etc.

They seem to be working for me. I'm also doing acupuncture. I'm also eating foods that are very high antioxydants like spirulina, gogi berries, and raw chocolate (cacao nibs) Hemp protein(thc free). I didn't know anything about any of this until I found out about the hep last year. Hepatitis is very prevalant in china, has been for years. I think they have few more years of experience than western medicine. What about what ever happened to him, he used to on here be 3 times a day. He had very good luck with the herbs as well. He must of gotten well and forgot about us. SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Wow! Steve, that sounds great,, so have you see a difference in your labs since you started

this? I dont blame you for not wanting to do the chemo tx,, so I truely hope this helps you to hold your own until some kind of easier but more sure treatment comes along. It seems that all the docs keep using INF as the basis for all tx , so my fear is that anything that is really new will be a long time coming, especially since INF have shown to work so well with Riba and clear up to half of all those taking it! Never mind all the problems INF causes and riba too,, lol what herbs are you taking?steve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: Jackie, I'm doing chinese herbs and was doing chelation IV's to get rid of heavy metals. I'm trying to heal my body so I can keep the virus at bay. I had high lead and mercury levels. I think the chelation has helped. The chinese

herbs have helped with my skin and my energy level. I think the key is, like the old saying goes " You are what you eat" I'm doing pretty well all in all. I don't want to do the "chemo" unless I have to. Austin is a pretty progessive city as far as holistic and alternative therapies. So thats in my favor. Life is good! SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Thanks Steve for the info,, yes lots of ppl ARE allergic to wheat and other 'grains'. But so many ppl are under the false impression that protein is not good for those with liver or kidney disease when actually, its probably the most important UNLESS you are decompensated. The breakdown of protein helps to raise the glutathione in the liver and that

is so important in maintaining liver health. So tell us what you are doing with the 'holistic' route. Im very interested in that. Why are you losing your muscle mass, why are you wasting? Are you co-infected with HIV as I have read that being infected with both at the same time can cause that. My brother fought that too.. hang in there,, and really, I want to know what you are doing! jaxsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: My doctor told me to eat as much protein as possible. I'm losing all my muscle mass. I'm not doing the treatment. Going the holistic route. I just read an interesting article on mercola.com about gluten free diets. He has some very interesting things to say about interferon therapy and eating wheat,etc. A lot of people

are allergic to wheat barley, oats and don't know it (celiac disease). It can cause a lot of digestive problems. Check it out! Steve Jackie Jackie Take the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile Jackie

Guest guest

Hi Steve,, Well this sounds really like a good regimine and Im so glad its working for you! Yes left our group but Im trying to encourage him to come back,, he got married and is still doing very well in China... I just read an article about hep c and supplements in a magazine that our HFS gives out and when I get a min, Ill hand copy it and post it,, there is nothing on the magazine that prohibits anyone from copying it... well keep us updated how you are doing! hugs jaxsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: Jackie, My ast and alt have come down to normal. My viral load flucuates, I haven't had it done in a while. The chinese herbs are combinations of ginsing,astragalus root,licorice root, miletta stem, tripergum wolfed hook,honeysuckle, sulbproatrate root,ophiopogon root, schisandra fruit, wolfberry fruit etc. etc. etc. They seem to be working for me. I'm also doing acupuncture. I'm also eating foods that are very high antioxydants like spirulina, gogi berries, and raw chocolate (cacao nibs) Hemp protein(thc free). I didn't know anything about any of this until I found out about the hep last year. Hepatitis is very prevalant in china, has been for years. I think they have few more years of experience than western medicine. What about what ever happened to him, he used to on

here be 3 times a day. He had very good luck with the herbs as well. He must of gotten well and forgot about us. SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Wow! Steve, that sounds great,, so have you see a difference in your labs since you started this? I dont blame you for not wanting to do the chemo tx,, so I truely hope this helps you to hold your own until some kind of easier but more sure treatment comes along. It seems that all the docs keep using INF as the basis for all tx , so my fear is that anything that is really new will be a long time coming, especially since INF have shown to work so well with Riba and clear up to half of all those taking it! Never mind all the problems INF causes and riba too,, lol what herbs are you taking?steve brewer

<brewmon2003@...> wrote: Jackie, I'm doing chinese herbs and was doing chelation IV's to get rid of heavy metals. I'm trying to heal my body so I can keep the virus at bay. I had high lead and mercury levels. I think the chelation has helped. The chinese herbs have helped with my skin and my energy level. I think the key is, like the old saying goes " You are what you eat" I'm doing pretty well all in all. I don't want to do the "chemo" unless I have to. Austin is a pretty progessive city as far as holistic and alternative therapies. So thats in my favor. Life is good! SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Thanks Steve for the info,, yes lots of ppl ARE allergic to wheat and other 'grains'. But so many ppl are under the false impression that protein is not good for those with liver or kidney disease when actually, its probably the most important UNLESS you are decompensated. The breakdown of protein helps to raise the glutathione in the liver and that is so important in maintaining liver health. So tell us what you are doing with the 'holistic' route. Im very interested in that. Why are you losing your muscle mass, why are you wasting? Are you co-infected with HIV as I have read that being infected with both at the same time can cause that. My brother fought that too.. hang in there,, and really, I want to know what you are doing! jaxsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: My doctor told me to eat as much protein as possible. I'm losing all my muscle mass. I'm not doing the treatment. Going the holistic route. I just read an interesting article on mercola.com about gluten free diets. He has some very interesting things to say about interferon therapy and eating wheat,etc. A lot of people are allergic to wheat barley, oats and don't know it (celiac disease). It can cause a lot of digestive problems. Check it out! Steve Jackie Jackie Jackie

Guest guest

Hi Steve,, Well this sounds really like a good regimine and Im so glad its working for you! Yes left our group but Im trying to encourage him to come back,, he got married and is still doing very well in China... I just read an article about hep c and supplements in a magazine that our HFS gives out and when I get a min, Ill hand copy it and post it,, there is nothing on the magazine that prohibits anyone from copying it... well keep us updated how you are doing! hugs jaxsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: Jackie, My ast and alt have come down to normal. My viral load flucuates, I haven't had it done in a while. The chinese herbs are combinations of ginsing,astragalus root,licorice root, miletta stem, tripergum wolfed hook,honeysuckle, sulbproatrate root,ophiopogon root, schisandra fruit, wolfberry fruit etc. etc. etc. They seem to be working for me. I'm also doing acupuncture. I'm also eating foods that are very high antioxydants like spirulina, gogi berries, and raw chocolate (cacao nibs) Hemp protein(thc free). I didn't know anything about any of this until I found out about the hep last year. Hepatitis is very prevalant in china, has been for years. I think they have few more years of experience than western medicine. What about what ever happened to him, he used to on

here be 3 times a day. He had very good luck with the herbs as well. He must of gotten well and forgot about us. SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Wow! Steve, that sounds great,, so have you see a difference in your labs since you started this? I dont blame you for not wanting to do the chemo tx,, so I truely hope this helps you to hold your own until some kind of easier but more sure treatment comes along. It seems that all the docs keep using INF as the basis for all tx , so my fear is that anything that is really new will be a long time coming, especially since INF have shown to work so well with Riba and clear up to half of all those taking it! Never mind all the problems INF causes and riba too,, lol what herbs are you taking?steve brewer

<brewmon2003@...> wrote: Jackie, I'm doing chinese herbs and was doing chelation IV's to get rid of heavy metals. I'm trying to heal my body so I can keep the virus at bay. I had high lead and mercury levels. I think the chelation has helped. The chinese herbs have helped with my skin and my energy level. I think the key is, like the old saying goes " You are what you eat" I'm doing pretty well all in all. I don't want to do the "chemo" unless I have to. Austin is a pretty progessive city as far as holistic and alternative therapies. So thats in my favor. Life is good! SteveJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Thanks Steve for the info,, yes lots of ppl ARE allergic to wheat and other 'grains'. But so many ppl are under the false impression that protein is not good for those with liver or kidney disease when actually, its probably the most important UNLESS you are decompensated. The breakdown of protein helps to raise the glutathione in the liver and that is so important in maintaining liver health. So tell us what you are doing with the 'holistic' route. Im very interested in that. Why are you losing your muscle mass, why are you wasting? Are you co-infected with HIV as I have read that being infected with both at the same time can cause that. My brother fought that too.. hang in there,, and really, I want to know what you are doing! jaxsteve brewer <brewmon2003@...> wrote: My doctor told me to eat as much protein as possible. I'm losing all my muscle mass. I'm not doing the treatment. Going the holistic route. I just read an interesting article on mercola.com about gluten free diets. He has some very interesting things to say about interferon therapy and eating wheat,etc. A lot of people are allergic to wheat barley, oats and don't know it (celiac disease). It can cause a lot of digestive problems. Check it out! Steve Jackie Jackie Jackie