>

> I am new to this group, i am just looking into starting bio med with my son

Elliot...

> just though i would say hi to everyone

>

> ashley x

>

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/01/2010 18:09:08 GMT Standard Time, suja_april23@... writes:

Hello Iam suja trying to find a good practitioner.My son and myself running lots of issues .need help

>>Hello Suja

There is a list of practitioners by area on www.TreatingAutism.co.uk You can ask anything you like on here, welcome aboard

Mandi in Dorset

Guest guest

Hi

Welcome aboard, check out www.TreatingAutism.co.uk for lots of info and see if there is a TA Local support group that meets in your area, you can ask anything here, although I still don;t klnow there cure for feeling that your brain is on fire when you start biomed, so much to learn but it does get easier, try to concentrate on one thing at a time, or ask hundreds of questions, which ever floats your boat!

Mandi in Dorset

Ye Old Timer

Guest guest

Hi MarinaThank you.ash xFrom: Marina Vrahimi <marinavrahimi@...>Subject: new memberAutism Treatment Date: Sunday, 10 January, 2010, 19:47

Hi

I am Marina and quite new to the whole biomed thing to, I spent the first month just reading everything that came in and was stunned on just how knowledgeable everyone on here seems!! It is a great site with fantastic advice and sharing of information. Welcome! Marina x

Guest guest

Thanks IsobelI am working my way through loads of informationthank you ash xxFrom: Isobel <isobelwizza@...>Subject: Re: new memberAutism Treatment Date: Sunday, 10 January, 2010, 20:06

hi ashley welcome along the biomed road map please have a look at www.treating autism.co.uk for a list of why we do biomed and they have local supports groups for parents and there is also a newletter

that comes out every few months. I would also like to bring your attention to The autism file a magazine available by subscription and to buy in wh smith. the latest is available to buy but get snapped up quickly, £4.95 There are many good books available from www.nutricentre. co.uk they also sell many biomed supplements. The other place to buy them is from Mandi at mandimart.co. uk she has a wide range and runs this site. there are lots of friendly people on this site with invaluable information, isobel

>

> Hi Everyone

>

> I am new to this group, i am just looking into starting bio med with my son Elliot...

> just though i would say hi to everyone

>

> ashley x

>

Guest guest

> >

> > Hi Everyone

> >

> > I am new to this group, i am just looking into starting bio med with my son

Elliot...

> > just though i would say hi to everyone

> >

> > ashley x

Hello Iam suja trying to find a good practitioner.My son and myself

running lots of issues .need help

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Suja,

Look on www.treatingautism.co.uk for a list of practitioners. Anything

specific you want to know or ask on here if you need a recommendation, etc.

Are there any problems you can ask about on here? There is lots of

combined experience and knowledge here.

Sara x

suja_april23 wrote:

>

>

>

>

> > >

> > > Hi Everyone

> > >

> > > I am new to this group, i am just looking into starting bio med

> with my son Elliot...

> > > just though i would say hi to everyone

> > >

> > > ashley x

> Hello Iam suja trying to find a good practitioner.My son and myself

> running lots of issues .need help

> > >

> >

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Joanne...

You'll see quite a few from Jean's forum on here....I like to combine her

support with the wealth of knowledge i have found on here...mostly i just read

posts and ask questions, as i'm not sure i have much experience to contribute

yet.....but i have learnt an awful lot.

x

>

> Hi all

> This is the first time I've posted on this forum, but I recognise some

> names from other lists. A quick intro - I have 2 gorgeous boys, Ned, 12,

> NT(ish!) and Matty, 10, ASD. I've added a photo of the two of them to

> the photos section. If you include diet, I've been doing bio-med for

> several years now, but haven't done any chelation yet - I want to start

> this year. I've been down a lot of blind alleys and it's been a rocky

> road, but I have seen gains. I'm seeing some good things with Matty at

> the moment, but there's a long way to go - he's still quite severely

> affected. I'm looking forward to sharing and learning from experiences

> with acquaintances old and new.

> Joanne A.

>

Guest guest

Thanks, . It's good to see you on here. Hope is doing fine.Joanne> >> > Hi all> > This is the first time I've posted on this forum, but I recognise some> > names from other lists. A quick intro - I have 2 gorgeous boys, Ned, 12,> > NT(ish!) and Matty, 10, ASD. I've added a photo of the two of them to> > the photos section. If you include diet, I've been doing bio-med for> > several years now, but haven't done any chelation yet - I want to start> > this year. I've been down a lot of blind alleys and it's been a rocky> > road, but I have seen gains. I'm seeing some good things with Matty at> > the moment, but there's a long way to go - he's still quite severely> > affected. I'm looking forward to sharing and learning from experiences> > with acquaintances old and new.> > Joanne A.> >>

Guest guest

In a message dated 25/02/2010 16:19:16 GMT Standard Time, joanneallman@... writes:

This is the first time I've posted on this forum, but I recognise some names from other lists. A quick intro - I have 2 gorgeous boys, Ned, 12, NT(ish!) and Matty, 10, ASD. I've added a photo of the two of them to the photos section.

>>Welcome Joanne, couple of cuties you have there :)

Mandi x

Guest guest

On 25 February 2010 16:16, Joanne <joanneallman@...> wrote:

Hi allThis is the first time I've posted on this forum, but I recognise some names from other lists. A quick intro - I have 2 gorgeous boys, Ned, 12, NT(ish!) and Matty, 10, ASD. I've added a photo of the two of them to the photos section. If you include diet, I've been doing bio-med for several years now, but haven't done any chelation yet - I want to start this year. I've been down a lot of blind alleys and it's been a rocky road, but I have seen gains. I'm seeing some good things with Matty at the moment, but there's a long way to go - he's still quite severely affected. I'm looking forward to sharing and learning from experiences with acquaintances old and new.

Welcome im an asperger and ive been gf/cf for about 5 years now. Recently ive found im less reactive to milk so im having it occasionally. ive been chelating for 3 years using andy cutler protocol. Other safer protocols include a vitamin c one which i think marcie is using?

-- is

Guest guest

Thank you, is. I hope the diet / chelation are working for you.Best wishesJoanne> > >> >> > Hi all> >> > This is the first time I've posted on this forum, but I recognise some> > names from other lists. A quick intro - I have 2 gorgeous boys, Ned, 12,> > NT(ish!) and Matty, 10, ASD. I've added a photo of the two of them to the> > photos section. If you include diet, I've been doing bio-med for several> > years now, but haven't done any chelation yet - I want to start this year.> > I've been down a lot of blind alleys and it's been a rocky road, but I have> > seen gains. I'm seeing some good things with Matty at the moment, but> > there's a long way to go - he's still quite severely affected. I'm looking> > forward to sharing and learning from experiences with acquaintances old and> > new.> >> > Welcome im an asperger and ive been gf/cf for about 5 years now. Recently> ive found im less reactive to milk so im having it occasionally. ive been> chelating for 3 years using andy cutler protocol. Other safer protocols> include a vitamin c one which i think marcie is using?> > -- > is>

Guest guest

You have come to the right place, Welcome to CAST. So glad your child is being casted. I know she probably has been through a lot. She will adjust very well to a cast. I hope you get some good correction in her casts. Keep us posted. What hospital do you go to?? Joanmom to Hayden 339 degrees down from 62Cast number 4Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

From: dottiechappell <d_chapp@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Fri, April 2, 2010 2:25:35 PMSubject: new member

Hi, my name is Dottie and I am the proud mother of three children. My youngest daughter, who just turned 3 on Mar. 31 has progressive infanitle scoliosis. She has been in a back brace since she was 16 months old and just had her first cast applied yesterday. We are hopeing and praying that this works. In the brace her curve just got worse, now at a 78 degree curve. She seems to be dealing well with the cast.

Guest guest

Hi Dottie, welcome to CAST! Ask any and all questions you have, about cast care or anything else. There is a ton of great information and support here. Nice to meet you! : ) Heidi, Bexon's Mommy, (2 and a half years old, in 6th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 25 in cast)From: dottiechappell <d_chapp@...>To:

infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Fri, April 2, 2010 12:25:35 PMSubject: new member

Hi, my name is Dottie and I am the proud mother of three children. My youngest daughter, who just turned 3 on Mar. 31 has progressive infanitle scoliosis. She has been in a back brace since she was 16 months old and just had her first cast applied yesterday. We are hopeing and praying that this works. In the brace her curve just got worse, now at a 78 degree curve. She seems to be dealing well with the cast.

Guest guest

Hi Dottie, welcome to CAST! You are in the right place. My daughter is also 3 and in her Second cast and getting great results! This group is wonderful and is my cast life line. So glad you found us, feel free to ask any questions you may have. Chances are some one here can help. Amy J Mom to Allie(3) in 2nd cast down to 14* from 54* Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "dottiechappell" <d_chapp@...>Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 19:25:35 +0000<infantile scoliosis treatment >Subject: new member Hi, my name is Dottie and I am the proud mother of three children. My youngest daughter, who just turned 3 on Mar. 31 has progressive infanitle scoliosis. She has been in a back brace since she was 16 months old and just had her first cast applied yesterday. We are hopeing and praying that this works. In the brace her curve just got worse, now at a 78 degree curve. She seems to be dealing well with the cast.

Guest guest

Hi Dottie!!!

Welcome to CAST!! Im so glad you found us! Any question you may have about casting, diapering (if your still doing that) or anything else someone here is bound to have an answer for you. Im so glad your dtr is in a cast and will hopefully get great correction.

Welcome!

From: dottiechappell <d_chapp@...>Subject: new memberinfantile scoliosis treatment Date: Friday, April 2, 2010, 2:25 PM

Guest guest

I'm so glad that you found our group and that you started casting. Please let me know how your daughter is doing.- Noelle's mommy, 3 years oldRochester NYCasted 8 times for 1 1/2 years and in first brace!reflux, mild plagiocephaly, mild torticollos, hypotonia, ligament laxity, suspected Ehler's Danlos III

From: dottiechappell <d_chapp@...>Subject: new memberinfantile scoliosis treatment Date: Friday, April 2, 2010, 7:25 PM

Guest guest

Dottie,Welcome to CAST!!! I am sorry to hear that your daughter's curve is so high. Where do you go for treatment? I just wanted to say hi and let you know that we are all here for you. Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 4th cast (Rochester) & mom to & EvanFrom: dottiechappell <d_chapp@...>To:

infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Fri, April 2, 2010 3:25:35 PMSubject: new member

Guest guest

Dottie,Welcome to CAST!!! I am sorry to hear that your daughter's curve is so high. Where do you go for treatment? I just wanted to say hi and let you know that we are all here for you. Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 4th cast (Rochester) & mom to & EvanFrom: dottiechappell <d_chapp@...>To:

infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Fri, April 2, 2010 3:25:35 PMSubject: new member

Guest guest

Please do tell us in your opinion  " How cancer is contracted " .

Longevity

Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 12:53:44 PM

Subject: New Member

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member of the Group, and I am interested in Good Health and Long

Life. I do believe that I can contribute to everyone's understanding how to

reduce the processes of aging because I am 64 years old and feel like I did when

I was in my 30's. I am also able to say that I don't have a lot of wrinkles such

as " crow's feet " , and my Skin is very Smooth and Fine Textured.

The most important contribution that I can make to this Group is the Explanation

of HOW CANCER IS CONTRACTED. It is quite easy to explain. Everyone in my family

has died with Cancer, but my Sister listened to me, and we never contracted the

Disease.

Recently, I have been studying about LONGEVITY for the purpose of understanding

what people living to 110 to 122 years old have done to live this long. I find

that it is interesting that many of these individuals SMOKED! And...they drank

Alcohol. One man said that he contributed Smoking, Alcohol, and Wild Women to

his long life, so I told my Wife that I wanted to go on the same Diet he

utilized. Of course, she is not " scientifically minded " .

The Best to Everyone,

Tewey

Guest guest

Lean toward the fungus.....

_____

Of Jack Isnotinthebox

Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2010 7:49 AM

Longevity

Subject: Re: New Member

Please do tell us in your opinion " How cancer is contracted " .

Longevity <mailto:Longevity%40>

Hello Everyone,

reduce the processes of aging because I am 64 years old and feel like I did

when I was in my 30's. I am also able to say that I don't have a lot of

wrinkles such as " crow's feet " , and my Skin is very Smooth and Fine

Textured.

The most important contribution that I can make to this Group is the

Explanation of HOW CANCER IS CONTRACTED. It is quite easy to explain.

Everyone in my family has died with Cancer, but my Sister listened to me,

and we never contracted the Disease.

Recently, I have been studying about LONGEVITY for the purpose of

understanding what people living to 110 to 122 years old have done to live

this long. I find that it is interesting that many of these individuals

SMOKED! And...they drank Alcohol. One man said that he contributed Smoking,

Alcohol, and Wild Women to his long life, so I told my Wife that I wanted to

go on the same Diet he utilized. Of course, she is not " scientifically

minded " .

The Best to Everyone,

Tewey

Guest guest

ok how did Tewey show his sister how to avoid it?

Longevity

Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 9:35:39 AM

Subject: RE: New Member

Lean toward the fungus.....

_____

Of Jack Isnotinthebox

Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2010 7:49 AM

Longevity

Subject: Re: New Member

Please do tell us in your opinion " How cancer is contracted " .

Longevity <mailto:Longevity%40>

Hello Everyone,

reduce the processes of aging because I am 64 years old and feel like I did

when I was in my 30's. I am also able to say that I don't have a lot of

wrinkles such as " crow's feet " , and my Skin is very Smooth and Fine

Textured.

The most important contribution that I can make to this Group is the

Explanation of HOW CANCER IS CONTRACTED. It is quite easy to explain.

Everyone in my family has died with Cancer, but my Sister listened to me,

and we never contracted the Disease.

Recently, I have been studying about LONGEVITY for the purpose of

understanding what people living to 110 to 122 years old have done to live

this long. I find that it is interesting that many of these individuals

SMOKED! And...they drank Alcohol. One man said that he contributed Smoking,

Alcohol, and Wild Women to his long life, so I told my Wife that I wanted to

go on the same Diet he utilized. Of course, she is not " scientifically

minded " .

The Best to Everyone,

Tewey

Guest guest

Hello Jack and Everyone,

Cancer is contracted by eating the Mushroom or being exposed to other Fungi.

Fungi grow and reproduce by attaching themselves to a " host " of some sort. This

is often trees, manure, or human flesh, etc... They literally feed off the Host

until it dies.

All living organisms come from living organisms. The Cancer is no different.

Because it is a living organism, it must come from a living organism. For this

reason, Cigarette Smoke, Gasoline Fumes, and other so-called Carcinogens do NOT

cause Cancer. They are not living things. This is the reason that you will

find people who smoke all of their lives and never contract Cancer. Others

like Dana Reeves, Superman's Wife, NEVER smoked a Cigarette in her life died

with Lung Cancer. The Cause of Lung Cancer has to be caused by something else

other than Cigarette Smoke. Dana Reeves was a Vegetarian. I guarantee you

that she was consuming the Raw Mushroom. In the same manner, I have known a lot

of men who constantly work on cars. These men have always got their hands in

Chemicals; yet, I have never seen a mechanic with an INFECTION OR CANCER on his

hands. This is because various chemicals such as Gasoline and Kerosene serve to

" sterilize " rather than cause anything to grow.

Cancer is a CONSUMER. It literally grows and reproduces by attaching itself to

a Host. Because Mushrooms/Fungi have NO Chlorophyll and can not absorb the

Energy from the Sun to store and produce Seed, it must absorb its energy from

its Host. In other words, the Cancer and the Mushroom FEED on people. If you

have Athlete's Feet or Jock Itch, you essentially have a tiny Mushroom growing

on your Skin. If left UNATTENDED, the Fungi will literally grow and spread

up/down your Legs and consume you. I have actually observed Jock Itch spread

from the Privates to slightly above the Knee.

I have found it to be interesting that People who consume Mushrooms display

certain " signs " . Simply look at look at their Faces. You will often see the

" rosy cheek " . This is apparently a " reaction " to the Consumption of Mushrooms.

If you look close at the person's Skin, you will see a very small Pimple that is

almost undetected. Also, you will often find Brown/Dark Growths growing on the

Face and Neck. People who eat Fungi often have Fungi growing under their Toe

Nails and Finger Nails.

These are " tell-tell " signs of what is being consumed.

" I don't eat Mushrooms, but I have Cancer. " This is easy to explain. People

often eat at Salad Bars where Raw Mushrooms are being served. When people use

the Tongs to get their Mushrooms, they use the same Tongs to pick-up other

Vegetables. This can cause the Spores of the Mushroom to be " spread " from one

Vegetable to another.

" I eat Mushrooms and don't have Cancer. " This can be easily explained also.

The Spore of the Mushroom simply passed through the Digestive System and did not

attach or be absorbed into the Blood Stream. Spores are equivalent to a SEED.

All Seeds are not digested and simply pass through the Digestive System. Corn

and Peanuts are a good example. If you are consuming Mushrooms on a Regular

Basis and do not have Cancer, you are Blessed. The Mushrooms you are eating are

most likely not being handled by yourself or they are already COOKED before you

eat them. In other words, they are DEAD. Dead things do not reproduce.

You will find that people who eat Mushrooms often have Polyps growing in their

Colon. Usually, there is not a single Polyp, but there is a multitude of

Polyps. When these Polyps grow " abnormally " , they form Tumors.

I am 64 years old and have eaten NO Mushrooms since my Childhood. The only

Mushrooms I have ever eaten were on Pizza when I was a Teenager, and I did not

like them. It has been 30 years since I have eaten Pork, Shell Fish, Cat Fish,

and other forms of " unclean meat " as described in the Scriptures. If you look

at my Skin, you will find NO Growths, NO " liver spots " , NO Scaling, No Sores,

etc... Although I am aging, I have not aged like my Classmates. I don't have

Deep Wrinkles. And... I can compare my arms to a 35 year old Woman, and they

are just as " clear " . I am " totally amazed " at the manner in which I have NOT

aged.

In closing, let me end with this " point of view " . Ninety Five Percent of

Mushrooms are poisonous for Consumption. It was never meant for them to be

eaten. When you eat Raw Mushrooms, you are playing Russian Roulette. I have a

saying that I think is applicable. " What you eat WRONG in your Diet, the

Doctors will cut it out of you. "

Ask any question... Grill me, if you like. My Entire Family has died from

Cancer, including my Grandparents. Only my Sister and I have remained " cancer

free " . This is because I taught her NOT to eat the Mushrooms and to be careful

when she eats out.

The Best to Everyone,

Tewey

>

>

>Hello Everyone,

>

>I am a new member of the Group, and I am interested in Good Health and Long

reduce the processes of aging because I am 64 years old and feel like I did when

I was in my 30's. I am also able to say that I don't have a lot of wrinkles such

>

>The most important contribution that I can make to this Group is the

Explanation of HOW CANCER IS CONTRACTED. It is quite easy to explain. Everyone

in my family has died with Cancer, but my Sister listened to me, and we never

contracted the Disease.

>

>Recently, I have been studying about LONGEVITY for the purpose of understanding

what people living to 110 to 122 years old have done to live this long. I find

that it is interesting that many of these individuals SMOKED! And...they drank

Alcohol. One man said that he contributed Smoking, Alcohol, and Wild Women to

his long life, so I told my Wife that I wanted to go on the same Diet he

utilized. Of course, she is not " scientifically minded " .

>

>The Best to Everyone,

>

>Tewey

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Interesting theory. And does make sense. Thanks for this. And hears to

continued good health and luck.

blessings

Shan

>

> Hello Jack and Everyone,

>

> Cancer is contracted by eating the Mushroom or being exposed to other Fungi.

Fungi grow and reproduce by attaching themselves to a " host " of some sort. This

is often trees, manure, or human flesh, etc... They literally feed off the Host

until it dies.

>

> All living organisms come from living organisms. The Cancer is no different.

Because it is a living organism, it must come from a living organism. For this

reason, Cigarette Smoke, Gasoline Fumes, and other so-called Carcinogens do NOT

cause Cancer. They are not living things. This is the reason that you will

find people who smoke all of their lives and never contract Cancer. Others

like Dana Reeves, Superman's Wife, NEVER smoked a Cigarette in her life died

with Lung Cancer. The Cause of Lung Cancer has to be caused by something else

other than Cigarette Smoke. Dana Reeves was a Vegetarian. I guarantee you

that she was consuming the Raw Mushroom. In the same manner, I have known a lot

of men who constantly work on cars. These men have always got their hands in

Chemicals; yet, I have never seen a mechanic with an INFECTION OR CANCER on his

hands. This is because various chemicals such as Gasoline and Kerosene serve to

" sterilize " rather than cause anything to grow.

>

> Cancer is a CONSUMER. It literally grows and reproduces by attaching itself

to a Host. Because Mushrooms/Fungi have NO Chlorophyll and can not absorb the

Energy from the Sun to store and produce Seed, it must absorb its energy from

its Host. In other words, the Cancer and the Mushroom FEED on people. If you

have Athlete's Feet or Jock Itch, you essentially have a tiny Mushroom growing

on your Skin. If left UNATTENDED, the Fungi will literally grow and spread

up/down your Legs and consume you. I have actually observed Jock Itch spread

from the Privates to slightly above the Knee.

>

> I have found it to be interesting that People who consume Mushrooms display

certain " signs " . Simply look at look at their Faces. You will often see the

" rosy cheek " . This is apparently a " reaction " to the Consumption of Mushrooms.

If you look close at the person's Skin, you will see a very small Pimple that is

almost undetected. Also, you will often find Brown/Dark Growths growing on the

Face and Neck. People who eat Fungi often have Fungi growing under their Toe

Nails and Finger Nails.

> These are " tell-tell " signs of what is being consumed.

>

> " I don't eat Mushrooms, but I have Cancer. " This is easy to explain. People

often eat at Salad Bars where Raw Mushrooms are being served. When people use

the Tongs to get their Mushrooms, they use the same Tongs to pick-up other

Vegetables. This can cause the Spores of the Mushroom to be " spread " from one

Vegetable to another.

>

> " I eat Mushrooms and don't have Cancer. " This can be easily explained also.

The Spore of the Mushroom simply passed through the Digestive System and did not

attach or be absorbed into the Blood Stream. Spores are equivalent to a SEED.

All Seeds are not digested and simply pass through the Digestive System. Corn

and Peanuts are a good example. If you are consuming Mushrooms on a Regular

Basis and do not have Cancer, you are Blessed. The Mushrooms you are eating are

most likely not being handled by yourself or they are already COOKED before you

eat them. In other words, they are DEAD. Dead things do not reproduce.

>

> You will find that people who eat Mushrooms often have Polyps growing in their

Colon. Usually, there is not a single Polyp, but there is a multitude of

Polyps. When these Polyps grow " abnormally " , they form Tumors.

>

> I am 64 years old and have eaten NO Mushrooms since my Childhood. The only

Mushrooms I have ever eaten were on Pizza when I was a Teenager, and I did not

like them. It has been 30 years since I have eaten Pork, Shell Fish, Cat Fish,

and other forms of " unclean meat " as described in the Scriptures. If you look

at my Skin, you will find NO Growths, NO " liver spots " , NO Scaling, No Sores,

etc... Although I am aging, I have not aged like my Classmates. I don't have

Deep Wrinkles. And... I can compare my arms to a 35 year old Woman, and they

are just as " clear " . I am " totally amazed " at the manner in which I have NOT

aged.

>

> In closing, let me end with this " point of view " . Ninety Five Percent of

Mushrooms are poisonous for Consumption. It was never meant for them to be

eaten. When you eat Raw Mushrooms, you are playing Russian Roulette. I have a

saying that I think is applicable. " What you eat WRONG in your Diet, the

Doctors will cut it out of you. "

>

> Ask any question... Grill me, if you like. My Entire Family has died from

Cancer, including my Grandparents. Only my Sister and I have remained " cancer

free " . This is because I taught her NOT to eat the Mushrooms and to be careful

when she eats out.

>

> The Best to Everyone,

>

> Tewey

>

> New Member

> >

> >

> >Hello Everyone,

> >

> >I am a new member of the Group, and I am interested in Good Health and Long

> >

> >The most important contribution that I can make to this Group is the

Explanation of HOW CANCER IS CONTRACTED. It is quite easy to explain. Everyone

in my family has died with Cancer, but my Sister listened to me, and we never

contracted the Disease.

> >

> >Recently, I have been studying about LONGEVITY for the purpose of

understanding what people living to 110 to 122 years old have done to live this

long. I find that it is interesting that many of these individuals SMOKED!

And...they drank Alcohol. One man said that he contributed Smoking, Alcohol, and

Wild Women to his long life, so I told my Wife that I wanted to go on the same

Diet he utilized. Of course, she is not " scientifically minded " .

> >

> >The Best to Everyone,

> >

> >Tewey

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Suzanne,

Welcome to CAST. You will find a great deal of support and information here. To

ease your mind about mobility, I've attached a link to a video of my daughter,

Makenna. Makenna is now 3.5 years old. This video was taken right before her 3rd

birthday - I think ;)

Makenna has been treated with a series of 4 casts and is now in a brace. She is

outside the typical perimeters for success with casting. She was over 2 when she

began casting and she has a known syndrome associated with the scoliosis

(HGPPS). We were lucky that we caught her curve early - degree-wise (it was 20*)

and acted quickly. We knew going in, that there was no guarantee. Makenna's

underlying condition is very rare and our doc was not willing to give a

guarantee - as no one really can. But, for me, it was a no brainer. Originally,

they wanted to do a brace to hold off surgery. And in my mind...why not try

casting in the mean time. The brace didn't offer even the possibility of

correcting her curve. The cast did. If casting didn't work... well, we'd be in

the same place as we were with bracing. But if we didn't try it... I'd be

constantly wondering if it would have worked for her. And I couldn't live with

that.

Cast life is an adjustment for sure. But absolutely managable. These kids are

resiliant. It's us parents, who have the most adjusting to do :)

You are doing the right thing. Seek as many opinions as you can get. Do your

homework and follow your gut. I would suggest reading a few staple articles...

Growth as a Corrective Force (found in the files section) and Derotational

Casting for Progressive Infantile Scoliosis -

http://early-onset-scoliosis.com/Documents/Derotational%20Casting%20for%20Progre\

ssive%20IIS.pdf

You will get lots of advice on treatment centers and docs. I researched each doc

on my own. Printed out their accredidations, research articles, fellowship and

training information and made my decision from there.

Good luck! Ask any and all questions you have!

Amy

>

> Hello all,

>

> I am the mother of 4 children (son 15, son 12, son 3 and daughter 2). My 3

year old son, Shane, was diagnosed with scoliosis on September 14, 2010 (the day

after his 3rd birthday).

>

> I never knew what scoliosis was and there is no family history of it. So, I

was surprised to find out that he has it. It was never noticed at any well

child visit. It wasn't until September 13, 2010 (which is my son's actual

birthday) when he was vomiting all day and all night. The next day, I took him

to the emergency room because we thought he had ingested a penny and a nickel.

And because he was now vomiting for more than 24 hours, the pediatrician was

concerned about dehydration.

>

> At the emergency room, the took an x-ray of his stomach. The doctor came in

and informed me that, " we didn't find any foreign objects in his stomach. But

the x-ray does show that he has some scoliosis " . I was devastated. Especially

because they said he would need to have a sedated MRI to see how bad it really

was.

>

> On September 29, 2010, I took him for his 3 year old physical to his

pediatrician and that's when I was given a prescription to have a scoliosis

x-ray of the back done as well as a referral to see a pediatric orthopedist. He

had the scoliosis x-ray done on October 6, 2010 and the first appointment to see

the pediatric orthopedist was on November 2, 2010. At that time, the

orthopedist marked up the x-ray with lines and went on to inform me that Shane's

curve is a 52. He said that there was nothing he could do because he

specializes with fusion and that Shane is too young for that and that he would

require surgery to implant growing rods. He had diagnosed Shane with Early

Onset Scoliosis. He said that bracing was not an option because his curve was

too bad at this point. He gave me a prescription to have a sedated MRI done to

see if there were any underlying conditions that would cause this and told me

that I would no longer be seeing him since he couldn't do anything for him.

>

> The sedated MRI was done on November 9, 2010, and the results are normal. I

was told that there were no signs of anything to explain why this curve has

happened. And now he had another label of Infantile Idiopathic Scoliosis.

>

> On November 11, 2010, I made an appointment with another orthopedist, for a

second opinion. He was very rush rush and I could see he was getting frustrated

with me because I was asking questions (which I'm sure some were repetitive).

He told me that eventually Shane would need the growing rods but he would first

like to try bracing (even though he said he knew it wouldn't work).

>

> I then went to see another orthopedist, for a 3rd opinion. It was on their

website, I saw the link for the website which led me to this group.

>

> In any case, Dr. #3 told me that a brace is out of the question but that he

would like to try casting. This was the first time I had heard about such a

thing. Everybody else kept saying growing rods, growing rods, growing rods.

The doctor did tell me that sometimes the casting does not work and then we

would have to move forward with the growing rods, but that a lot of times

casting does work.

>

> No decision was made yet because doctor #3 told me he would like to meet with

the other doctors in his group to be able to make a group decision regarding

what they think is the best course of treatment for Shane.

>

> I do have another appointment for Shane (for a 4th opinion) on December 3,

2010, but I'm getting more and more confused. I've seen 3 different specialists

and each one has a different opinion for a first step. I don't know if I should

keep the appointment with doctor #4 or just cancel it and forget about it.

>

> I want to do what is best for Shane and (for obvious reasons) I want the best

for Shane. I have ALOT of questions regarding casting. Even though I'm not

100% sure that the rest of doctor #3's group wants to go that way (I won't know

for about 2 weeks because of the holiday). I like any idea that prevents Shane

being cut in any way.

>

> I'm just concerned about the casting in regards to changing his diaper,

mobility, playing on the mulchy playground, putting him in a car seat and most

importantly bathing.

>

> I have a ton of questions and I'm hoping that this group could help me. I

want to get as much information as I can get so that I can make an informed

decision and not ever wonder " what if " .

>

> Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to all the

advice I hope to get from others who have already been through this.

>

> Suzanne

>