him do *some* might be an idea.

Astrid

astrid@...

http://www.astridvanwoerkom.com/

Citeren Lana Waalkes <tunick42004@...>:

> I care that he rips up things because I end up cleaning all the mess

> up which is a lot. I could try to do what you suggest. If we give

> him things he can rip up, he will still rip other things up. Deep

> pressure might be a good idea. Thank you.

> Lana

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: nancy cook <endofautism@...>

> autism

> Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 10:24:13 AM

> Subject: Re: new member

>

>  

> Hi,

> The ripping is obviously a sensory seeking issue.  Perhaps it's his

> need for deep muscle exercise since ripping uses lots of hand

> strength.  Maybe he likes the sound along with the sensation of

> ripping.   It obviously serves a purpose that satisfies him.  Why do

> you care if he rips things?  Since he can't explain why he does

> this, why not give him specific things to rip up, a place to do it

> where he isn't making a mess and then work on other sensory

> satisfying activities.  Have you tried deep pressure or can he jump

> on a small trampoline?  These may help.  Anything that stimulates

> deep muscle tissue will probably help. 

>

> J., TACA

> Santa

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: tunick42004 <tunick42004>

> AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) com

> Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 12:22:45 AM

> Subject: new member

>

>  

> I am new to this group. I have been having a lot

> of problems with my 15-year-old nonverbal autistic son.

> It started when he liked shaking a toy in a plastic bag. When he

> started to rip up the bags, I took them away. Then he started

> ripping up plastic bags so I took those away. Then he started to rip

> up cardboard boxes.

>

> I really do not know what to do. I take away as many bags as I could.

> I really do not know what the ripping is.

>

> Perhaps someone could help with this one.

>

> Lana

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Amen LOl -- they do...even though I don't do descrete.... still gets burned out!

j

From: "pkuenstler@..." <pkuenstler@...>autism Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 9:42:06 AMSubject: Re: new member

I used ripping as a reinforcer for teaching Karac sight reading or anything else that Iwanted to teach him, i.e. read the word through ten trials and be allowed 5 minutes ofripping. Like all reinforcers, he got burned out on it. LOL, LOL, Pat K new member

I am new to this group. I have been having a lotof problems with my 15-year-old nonverbal autistic son.It started when he liked shaking a toy in a plastic bag. When he started to rip up the bags, I took them away. Then he started ripping up plastic bags so I took those away. Then he started to rip up cardboard boxes.I really do not know what to do. I take away as many bags as I could.I really do not know what the ripping is.Perhaps someone could help with this one.Lana

Guest guest

I agree.... is sensory seeking as well --- while he does not rip, he crashes into me all the time...I supply a bean bag and redirect....I think ripping would be a great reinforcer and or reward for things....I do understand you not wanting him to do it all the time and with everything...I get that for sure...I wouldn't either...but as a reward and or at an appropriate time or place....might be a great thing for the two of you --- also, ripping is a pull push action...pulling rubber of some kind....we do lots of tubing that PULLS....it stretches, while you can get it at a local hardware store, it doesn't not pull like needs.....we get our "pull" stuff, at TherapyShoppe.com

e

From: nancy cook <endofautism@...>autism Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 10:24:13 AMSubject: Re: new member

Hi,The ripping is obviously a sensory seeking issue. Perhaps it's his need for deep muscle exercise since ripping uses lots of hand strength. Maybe he likes the sound along with the sensation of ripping. It obviously serves a purpose that satisfies him. Why do you care if he rips things? Since he can't explain why he does this, why not give him specific things to rip up, a place to do it where he isn't making a mess and then work on other sensory satisfying activities. Have you tried deep pressure or can he jump on a small trampoline? These may help. Anything that stimulates deep muscle tissue will probably help.

J., TACASanta

From: tunick42004 <tunick42004>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 12:22:45 AMSubject: new member

I am new to this group. I have been having a lotof problems with my 15-year-old nonverbal autistic son.It started when he liked shaking a toy in a plastic bag. When he started to rip up the bags, I took them away. Then he started ripping up plastic bags so I took those away. Then he started to rip up cardboard boxes.I really do not know what to do. I take away as many bags as I could.I really do not know what the ripping is.Perhaps someone could help with this one.Lana

Guest guest

Great ideas...Debrorah I'm going to save this --- Great stuff.

From: deborah3brock <deborah3brock@...>autism Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 5:50:17 PMSubject: Re: new member

Hello Lana,I am a new member too. My little boy has Autism age 8 years old, non-verbal, has many aggressive / sensory behaviors.His name is . is a paper ripper as well. I know all to well how much mess a paper ripper can make. His paper ripping is a (sensory input) he is seeking because he is feeling anxious, or overwhelmed. Ripping paper is his way of calming himself. I have a large storage tub I let set in it in my Garage, and let him rip paper until he is done with it. Then I hear a big sigh, which means he is no longer feeling anxious or overwhelmed.It took me a long time to understand his need to rip paper. It wasn't until I talked to a person who is on the spectrum who explained to me his need to rip paper. You might think this sounds wacky,....lol. ..I sometimes get the leaf blower out and blow the paper into a pile, then let sit in the middle of the ripped paper pile and

allow him to throw the paper up in the air, he loves to watch it float back down, he gets sensory input from the floating paper. When we are done, he tries to help me pick the paper up and throw it in the trash. I do understand your frustrations with having to clean up the paper all the time. That's why I only allow paper ripping in the garage.It is a great stress relief for .I hoped I helped on some level, as that was my goal.Sincerely,Deborah B.Indiana >> It is good to know another person with a child that rips paper. Any paper around he rips up including cardboard boxes. Very frustrating. He does it everywhere in our apartment.> > Lana>

> > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: Wylie <mlwpdb@...>> AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) com> Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:25:49 AM> Subject: Re: new member> > > Hi and welcome! My 11 year old son rips paper constantly. His bedroom is always a mess of ripped up paper. He likes to make confetti. Sometimes it is actually funny how he gets excited and throws the paper up in the air and yells "confetti"! I would rather him rip up paper (sometimes he rips up cardboard boxes) than have him destroy things in my apartment. He has learned not to make that kind of mess outside of his room.> > > NW

Ohio>

Guest guest

I'm very happy I could help! Sometime I use a hair dryer on low,using cool air.

Makes a little whirl wind..lol! loves it!

Deborah Brock

> >

> > It is good to know another person with a child that rips paper. Any paper

around he rips up including cardboard boxes. Very frustrating. He does it

everywhere in our apartment.

> >

> > Lana

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > From: Wylie <mlwpdb@>

> > AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) . com

> > Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:25:49 AM

> > Subject: Re: new member

> >

> >  

> > Hi and welcome!  My 11 year old son rips paper constantly.  His bedroom is

always a mess of ripped up paper.  He likes to make confetti.  Sometimes it is

actually funny how he gets excited and throws the paper up in the air and yells

" confetti " !  I would rather him rip up paper (sometimes he rips up cardboard

boxes) than have him destroy things in my apartment.  He has learned not to make

that kind of mess outside of his room.

> >

> >

> > NW Ohio

> >

>

Guest guest

Hello Judy,

Thank you for the welcome. :)

Sincerely,

Deborah Brock

>

> Sorry, that should have said " Welcome Deborah! "

> Re: new member

>

>

> Welcome Lana! I'm Judy from Virginia. It sounds like you've found a great

solution to your son's need to rip paper that doesn't allow the paper bits to

overtake your home!

>

> When you say that your son is non-verbal, do you mean that he doesn't speak

at all? Or that he isn't able to communicate verbally in any functional way?

>

> Love,

> Judy (mom to , age 12, NT, and Jake, age 10.5, ASD)

> www.bforbedlam.wordpress.com

>

Guest guest

Judy, I need you for a next door neighbor...I promise I'm no bother :) LOL --- great, great ideas...

Thanks so much, this is another for the files :)

e

From: J Acciarito <jacyone@...>autism Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2009 8:38:10 AMSubject: Re: new member

Hi Lana. Welcome to the group! I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with ripping things but you've gotten some great suggestions from others I think.

My son does something that I've never met another autistic child that does. He cuts paper. He cuts letters and words out of paper mostly, in all sorts of amazing fonts. And he does this with barely a glance at the paper. Sometimes he cuts faces or shapes or animals or other simple images. We keep a letter tray on the table next to where he sits on the sofa, you know like an in/out tray you would use in an office but with three levels? It's stocked with different papers on two levels and his catalogs on the bottom level. He likes to look at the catalogs from places like www.abilitations. com as well as some the smaller wholesale bead/jewelry supply catalogs I get. He also has a clipboard there and a box that holds his markers and crayons because when he's not cutting paper, he likes

to draw/write on it.

In front of his end table is a cloth tote/bin that all of his used paper goes into. I bought it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond on sale for less than $15. It took me a few months to train him to put it all in there rather than throw it all over the floor or shove it between the cushions of the sofa but I just kept making him stop every so often and pick it all up, hand-over-hand when necessary, and reminding him that his paper goes in the bin. And I'd reinforce him when he picked it all up without fussing or started throwing it in there mostly on his own with special, brightly-colored paper.

Love,

Judy (mom to , age 12, NT, and Jake, age 10.5, ASD)

www.bforbedlam. wordpress. com

I am new to this group. I have been having a lotof problems with my 15-year-old nonverbal autistic son.It started when he liked shaking a toy in a plastic bag. When he started to rip up the bags, I took them away. Then he started ripping up plastic bags so I took those away. Then he started to rip up cardboard boxes.I really do not know what to do. I take away as many bags as I could.I really do not know what the ripping is.Perhaps someone could help with this one.

Guest guest

Sorry I misspelled your name....must be thinking of the roaring is doing lately. LOL......"roar, roar, roar" "I lion!" I'll take it :) God love him...

e

From: deborah3brock <deborah3brock@...>autism Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2009 10:25:02 PMSubject: Re: new member

I'm very happy I could help! Sometime I use a hair dryer on low,using cool air. Makes a little whirl wind..lol! loves it!Deborah Brock> >> > It is good to know another person with a child that rips paper. Any paper around he rips up including cardboard boxes. Very frustrating. He does it everywhere in our apartment.> > > > Lana> > > > > > > > > >

____________ _________ _________ __> > From: Wylie <mlwpdb@>> > AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) . com> > Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:25:49 AM> > Subject: Re: new member> > > > > > Hi and welcome! My 11 year old son rips paper constantly. His bedroom is always a mess of ripped up paper. He likes to make confetti.. Sometimes it is actually funny how he gets excited and throws the paper up in the air and yells "confetti"! I would rather him rip up paper (sometimes he rips up cardboard boxes) than have him destroy things in my apartment. He has learned not to make that kind of mess outside of his room.> > > > > > NW Ohio> >>

Guest guest

I wish I could do it as a reward. He did put some ripping stuff in a box yesterday when I asked him too so maybe that is a start. I also removed things tht he could rip up including the garbage bag. It is quite challengng left me tell you.

Lana

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234@...>autism Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2009 9:25:48 PMSubject: Re: new member

I agree.... is sensory seeking as well --- while he does not rip, he crashes into me all the time...I supply a bean bag and redirect.... I think ripping would be a great reinforcer and or reward for things....I do understand you not wanting him to do it all the time and with everything.. .I get that for sure...I wouldn't either...but as a reward and or at an appropriate time or place....might be a great thing for the two of you --- also, ripping is a pull push action...pulling rubber of some kind....we do lots of tubing that PULLS....it stretches, while you can get it at a local hardware store, it doesn't not pull like needs.....we get our "pull" stuff, at TherapyShoppe. com

e

From: nancy cook <endofautism>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 10:24:13 AMSubject: Re: new member

Hi,The ripping is obviously a sensory seeking issue. Perhaps it's his need for deep muscle exercise since ripping uses lots of hand strength. Maybe he likes the sound along with the sensation of ripping. It obviously serves a purpose that satisfies him. Why do you care if he rips things? Since he can't explain why he does this, why not give him specific things to rip up, a place to do it where he isn't making a mess and then work on other sensory satisfying activities. Have you tried deep pressure or can he jump on a small trampoline? These may help. Anything that stimulates deep muscle tissue will probably help.

J., TACASanta

From: tunick42004 <tunick42004>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 12:22:45 AMSubject: new member

Guest guest

I ask him to put the paper in a box and hd did do tht yesterday. It may not happen all the time but I am going to keep trying.

Lana

From: Astrid <astrid@...>autism Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2009 3:26:20 PMSubject: Re: new member

Hi,I thought of something else: can you have him help with the cleaning up? If he's not able to, you won't have to make him do all the cleaning by himself, but have him at least help a little, in line iwht his ability. The advantages of this could be 1. he has something to do other than (and more productive) ripping up stuff, 2. he learns that when he makes a mess, it needs to be cleaned up (even if he isn't able to do all or most of the cleaning himself, it may help him realize the consequences) , and 3. he may learn some independence skills in the process. Again, it won't be productive to have him do cleaning that is clealry above his level (that will cost lots of time, may lead to more meltdowns and isnt'going to do anything about the mess), but having him do *some* might be an idea.Astridastrid@astridvanwoe rkom.comhttp://www.astridva nwoerkom. com/Citeren Lana Waalkes <tunick42004>:> I care that he rips up things because I end up cleaning all the mess > up which is a lot. I could try to do what you suggest. If we give > him things he can rip up, he will still rip other things up. Deep > pressure might be a good idea. Thank you.> Lana>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> From: nancy cook <endofautism>> AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) com> Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 10:24:13 AM> Subject: Re: new member>> > Hi,> The ripping is obviously a sensory seeking issue. Perhaps it's his > need for deep muscle exercise since ripping uses lots of hand > strength. Maybe he likes the sound along with the sensation of > ripping. It obviously serves a purpose that satisfies him. Why do > you care if he rips things? Since he can't explain why he does > this, why not give him specific things to rip up, a place to do it > where he isn't making a mess and then work on other sensory > satisfying activities. Have you tried deep pressure or can he jump > on a small

trampoline? These may help. Anything that stimulates > deep muscle tissue will probably help. >> J., TACA> Santa >>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> From: tunick42004 <tunick42004>> AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) com> Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2009 12:22:45 AM> Subject: new member>> > I am new to this group. I have been having a lot> of problems with my 15-year-old nonverbal autistic son.> It started when he liked shaking a toy in a plastic bag. When he > started to rip up the bags, I took them away. Then he started > ripping up plastic bags so I took those away. Then he started to rip > up cardboard boxes.>> I really do not know what to do. I take away as many bags as I

could.> I really do not know what the ripping is.>> Perhaps someone could help with this one.>> Lana>>>>>>>

Guest guest

You have some good ideas yourself. Thanks very much, I did ask him to take the paper and put it in the box which he did. At least that is a start.

Laa

From: J Acciarito <jacyone@...>autism Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2009 8:38:10 AMSubject: Re: new member

Hi Lana. Welcome to the group! I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with ripping things but you've gotten some great suggestions from others I think.

My son does something that I've never met another autistic child that does. He cuts paper. He cuts letters and words out of paper mostly, in all sorts of amazing fonts. And he does this with barely a glance at the paper. Sometimes he cuts faces or shapes or animals or other simple images. We keep a letter tray on the table next to where he sits on the sofa, you know like an in/out tray you would use in an office but with three levels? It's stocked with different papers on two levels and his catalogs on the bottom level. He likes to look at the catalogs from places like www.abilitations. com as well as some the smaller wholesale bead/jewelry supply catalogs I get. He also has a clipboard there and a box that holds his markers and crayons because when he's not cutting paper, he likes

to draw/write on it.

In front of his end table is a cloth tote/bin that all of his used paper goes into. I bought it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond on sale for less than $15. It took me a few months to train him to put it all in there rather than throw it all over the floor or shove it between the cushions of the sofa but I just kept making him stop every so often and pick it all up, hand-over-hand when necessary, and reminding him that his paper goes in the bin. And I'd reinforce him when he picked it all up without fussing or started throwing it in there mostly on his own with special, brightly-colored paper.

Love,

I am new to this group. I have been having a lotof problems with my 15-year-old nonverbal autistic son.It started when he liked shaking a toy in a plastic bag. When he started to rip up the bags, I took them away. Then he started ripping up plastic bags so I took those away. Then he started to rip up cardboard boxes.I really do not know what to do. I take away as many bags as I could.I really do not know what the ripping is.Perhaps someone could help with this one.

Guest guest

You have some good ideas yourself. Thanks very much, I did ask him to take the paper and put it in the box which he did. At least that is a start.

Laa

to draw/write on it.

Love,

Guest guest

Welcome DeeAnn. I am the grandmother of a 17 year old autistic boy. I diagnosed him when he was three and have worked with him every day since. You will find this group to be smart, supportive, kind, helpful, and loving. Even when we have different opinions we try to be respectful of each other.

I have a strong faith, but I never mean to be pushy with it; however, I pray for the mothers and their children on this list every day by name. I'll add your and Colton's names to my list if you would like for me to pray for you. Love and blessings, Pat K

Hi all!

I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself and my little man since we are new to the group.

My name is DeeAnn and my son's name is Colton. We live in a small town in Georgia. Colton is 6 years old and has "officially" been diagnosed with PDD-NOS, Sensory Processing Disorder, Expressive Language Delay and ADHD. However, I am not a really big fan of the "labels". LOL. My husband's name is Joe and we also have a 16 year old named Cody.

I have to tell ya,.... I have been just reading through some of the posts and I am really glad to have found you guys. You seem to be so supportive of each other, which is VERY important, because sometimes it just feels like you are alone in this journey (or at least I do...lol).

Anyway, just a quick intro and I can't wait to get to know you all!

DeeAnn

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

Welcome DeeAnn. I am the grandmother of a 17 year old autistic boy. I diagnosed him when he was three and have worked with him every day since. You will find this group to be smart, supportive, kind, helpful, and loving. Even when we have different opinions we try to be respectful of each other.

I have a strong faith, but I never mean to be pushy with it; however, I pray for the mothers and their children on this list every day by name. I'll add your and Colton's names to my list if you would like for me to pray for you. Love and blessings, Pat K

Hi all!

I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself and my little man since we are new to the group.

My name is DeeAnn and my son's name is Colton. We live in a small town in Georgia. Colton is 6 years old and has "officially" been diagnosed with PDD-NOS, Sensory Processing Disorder, Expressive Language Delay and ADHD. However, I am not a really big fan of the "labels". LOL. My husband's name is Joe and we also have a 16 year old named Cody.

I have to tell ya,.... I have been just reading through some of the posts and I am really glad to have found you guys. You seem to be so supportive of each other, which is VERY important, because sometimes it just feels like you are alone in this journey (or at least I do...lol).

DeeAnn

Guest guest

Hi DeeAnn,

My name is Debbie and I have a four year old grandson who was just

" officially " diagnosed yesterday with classic autism. If you want support you

have come to the right place. Everyone here is so caring and thoughtful...alot

have " been there,done that " and their experiences are very helpful. Just look at

all the replies to my somewhat paniced post yesterday. I feel better already!

Just FYI,my grandson and his mom and sister have been living with my husband and

myself for over a year now so I'm very involved in Ethan's life. I also live in

a small town,a VERY small town,lol,in northeast Texas and there isn't alot of

support that I've found yet. So anyway,don't be afraid to come here for advice

and support,it is freely given with lots of cyber hugs! Welcome.

DebbieS

>

> Hi all!

>

> I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself and my little man since we

are new to the group.

>

> My name is DeeAnn and my son's name is Colton. We live in a small town in

Georgia. Colton is 6 years old and has " officially " been diagnosed with

PDD-NOS, Sensory Processing Disorder, Expressive Language Delay and ADHD.

However, I am not a really big fan of the " labels " . LOL. My husband's name is

Joe and we also have a 16 year old named Cody.

>

> I have to tell ya,.... I have been just reading through some of the posts and

I am really glad to have found you guys. You seem to be so supportive of each

other, which is VERY important, because sometimes it just feels like you are

alone in this journey (or at least I do...lol).

>

> Anyway, just a quick intro and I can't wait to get to know you all!

>

> DeeAnn

> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

>

Guest guest

Hi DeeAnn,

My name is Debbie and I have a four year old grandson who was just

" officially " diagnosed yesterday with classic autism. If you want support you

have come to the right place. Everyone here is so caring and thoughtful...alot

have " been there,done that " and their experiences are very helpful. Just look at

all the replies to my somewhat paniced post yesterday. I feel better already!

Just FYI,my grandson and his mom and sister have been living with my husband and

myself for over a year now so I'm very involved in Ethan's life. I also live in

a small town,a VERY small town,lol,in northeast Texas and there isn't alot of

support that I've found yet. So anyway,don't be afraid to come here for advice

and support,it is freely given with lots of cyber hugs! Welcome.

DebbieS

>

> Hi all!

>

> I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself and my little man since we

are new to the group.

>

> My name is DeeAnn and my son's name is Colton. We live in a small town in

Georgia. Colton is 6 years old and has " officially " been diagnosed with

PDD-NOS, Sensory Processing Disorder, Expressive Language Delay and ADHD.

However, I am not a really big fan of the " labels " . LOL. My husband's name is

Joe and we also have a 16 year old named Cody.

>

> I have to tell ya,.... I have been just reading through some of the posts and

I am really glad to have found you guys. You seem to be so supportive of each

other, which is VERY important, because sometimes it just feels like you are

alone in this journey (or at least I do...lol).

>

> Anyway, just a quick intro and I can't wait to get to know you all!

>

> DeeAnn

> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

>

Guest guest

DeeAnn welcome to the group. You have found yourself a wonderful group of people. Everyone is supportive of each other. You will get alot of great advice here and make new friends. We all understand. If you need to vent go ahead that's what we are here for. After you vent you will get lots of encouragement, prayer, hugs, and love.I have a 7 year old with autism, spd, and adhd. His name is Caleb. We are from Louisiana. Looking forward to getting to know you and your family.Sent from my iPhoneGwen HebertOn Nov 19, 2009, at 1:17 PM, tigger072772@... wrote:

Hi all!

DeeAnn

Guest guest

DeeAnn welcome to the group. You have found yourself a wonderful group of people. Everyone is supportive of each other. You will get alot of great advice here and make new friends. We all understand. If you need to vent go ahead that's what we are here for. After you vent you will get lots of encouragement, prayer, hugs, and love.I have a 7 year old with autism, spd, and adhd. His name is Caleb. We are from Louisiana. Looking forward to getting to know you and your family.Sent from my iPhoneGwen HebertOn Nov 19, 2009, at 1:17 PM, tigger072772@... wrote:

Hi all!

DeeAnn

Guest guest

DeeAnn,

Welcome to the group. Ive learned so much from all the caring and knowledgable Moms and grandmoms on the group myself. I have a 9 year old son, Gabe, with Autism, Asthma and apraxia speech disorder.

Hi all!

DeeAnn

Guest guest

DeeAnn,

Welcome to the group. Ive learned so much from all the caring and knowledgable Moms and grandmoms on the group myself. I have a 9 year old son, Gabe, with Autism, Asthma and apraxia speech disorder.

Hi all!

DeeAnn

Guest guest

Hi, DeeAnn! Welcome ;)

e

From: "tigger072772@..." <tigger072772@...>autism Sent: Thu, November 19, 2009 1:17:25 PMSubject: New member

Hi all!I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself and my little man since we are new to the group. My name is DeeAnn and my son's name is Colton. We live in a small town in Georgia. Colton is 6 years old and has "officially" been diagnosed with PDD-NOS, Sensory Processing Disorder, Expressive Language Delay and ADHD. However, I am not a really big fan of the "labels". LOL. My husband's name is Joe and we also have a 16 year old named Cody. I have to tell ya,.... I have been just reading through some of the posts and I am really glad to have found you guys. You seem to be so supportive of each other, which is VERY important, because sometimes it just feels like you are alone in this journey (or at least I do...lol).Anyway, just a quick intro and I can't wait to get to know you all!DeeAnnSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

Hi, DeeAnn! Welcome ;)

e

From: "tigger072772@..." <tigger072772@...>autism Sent: Thu, November 19, 2009 1:17:25 PMSubject: New member

Hi all!I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself and my little man since we are new to the group. My name is DeeAnn and my son's name is Colton. We live in a small town in Georgia. Colton is 6 years old and has "officially" been diagnosed with PDD-NOS, Sensory Processing Disorder, Expressive Language Delay and ADHD. However, I am not a really big fan of the "labels". LOL. My husband's name is Joe and we also have a 16 year old named Cody. I have to tell ya,.... I have been just reading through some of the posts and I am really glad to have found you guys. You seem to be so supportive of each other, which is VERY important, because sometimes it just feels like you are alone in this journey (or at least I do...lol).Anyway, just a quick intro and I can't wait to get to know you all!DeeAnnSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

hi ashley welcome along the biomed road map please have a look at www.treating

autism.co.uk for a list of why we do biomed and they have local supports groups

for parents and there is also a newletter

that comes out every few months. I would also like to bring your attention to

The autism file a magazine available by subscription and to buy in wh smith. the

latest is available to buy but get snapped up quickly, £4.95 There are many good

books available from www.nutricentre.co.uk they also sell many biomed

supplements. The other place to buy them is from Mandi at mandimart.co.uk she

has a wide range and runs this site. there are lots of friendly people on this

site with invaluable information, isobel

>

> Hi Everyone

>

> I am new to this group, i am just looking into starting bio med with my son

Elliot...

> just though i would say hi to everyone

>

> ashley x