RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Caroline,

Glad that you are back home - hope that the party was a great success...

do you know about skpe? its a free phone call via the internet. If you are interested I can send you an invite to join and the contact details of how to join... that way we can talk over via the computer for free... and with the cost of all these supplements that has got to be good.

There is another mum who has also been doing the Amy thing... so will be able to share her information... its complex... but the mums on the autism answers forum swear by her methods...

the skpe thing should take a few minutes to download, and then we can talk, but if you would rather speak vi a the conventional way my phone number is 01942 742487 we live between Liverpool and Manchester.

Love x

Re: Newbie> > > > In a message dated 18/06/2006 12:24:11 GMT Daylight Time, sandrabarrett@... writes:> We have just received her genetic results through and a big book to go with it! > >>>Oh wow - have you got the full GAR? Must be like reading chinese - has she got the CBS thingey?> > Mandi x>

Guest guest

SANDRA

NO DOUBT YOU ARE WATCHING THE FOOTBALL!/!...

WILL TRY TO GIVE U A BUZZ TOMORROW...

LUV CAROLINE

XXX

Guest guest

NO..... can't cope with the excitement.... call anytime...

Re: Re: Newbie

SANDRA

NO DOUBT YOU ARE WATCHING THE FOOTBALL!/!...

WILL TRY TO GIVE U A BUZZ TOMORROW...

LUV CAROLINE

XXX

Guest guest

Celia,

There are some beans that should not be eaten raw (I know kidney beans are

for sure on that list, but there are others). But lentils are NOT on that

list. One of my first sprouts was lentils and I still love that crunch! You

will know if you eat a raw bean you shouldn't, but check around, there

should be a list somewhere.

Bill

Re: Newbie

Hi, Kat! Welcome to the group. <smiles> Hopefully you will like it here!

I have a general question that I am hoping someone here can answer. I made

my first batch of lentil sprouts the other day and I LOVED them! It

occurred to me as I was eating them, though, that I have always heard that

legumes could sicken people if they are not sufficiently cooked. Does that

mean that I should only be eating the sprout part and throwing the lentil

away? Or is it safe? I hope so as they were delicious...

Thanks in advance for any help you anyone can give me.

--Celia--

I just wanted to zap a fast hello and introduce myself. My name is

Katrina (You can call me Kat, or whatever works :-)) I am relatively new

to sprouting, but can't imagine life without eating them :P I also make

sure to have some vegetables growing all year round, usually tomatoes

and peppers, in containers around the apartment. Can't wait until we can

get ourselves a place with some land!

I am looking forward to meeting you all and hope to acquire some of the

wisdom you bring regarding sprouting :-)

Guest guest

Kat,

Welcome. This list is kind of slow at times, but always has good

information.

I'm also curious about how you are growing tomatoes in your apartment. I got

into sprouting because it was the only thing I could figure out how to grow

inside in my small place.

Bill

I just wanted to zap a fast hello and introduce myself. My name is

Katrina (You can call me Kat, or whatever works :-)) I am relatively new

to sprouting, but can’t imagine life without eating them :P I also make

sure to have some vegetables growing all year round, usually tomatoes

and peppers, in containers around the apartment. Can’t wait until we can

get ourselves a place with some land!

I am looking forward to meeting you all and hope to acquire some of the

wisdom you bring regarding sprouting :-)

Kat

Katrina Wogoman

@-\- Visit my webpage -\-@

HYPERLINK " http://www.katcrochet.com " http://www.katcrochet.com

Blog on Sprouting and Health Related issues

HYPERLINK

" http://360./isis777_ka " http://360./isis777_ka

HYPERLINK " http://spaces.msn.com/members/katcrochet "

Guest guest

Thank you, Bill...I appreciate it! <smiles>

--Celia--

RE: Newbie

Celia,

There are some beans that should not be eaten raw (I know kidney beans are

for sure on that list, but there are others). But lentils are NOT on that

list. One of my first sprouts was lentils and I still love that crunch! You

will know if you eat a raw bean you shouldn't, but check around, there

should be a list somewhere.

Bill

Guest guest

Hi

I have lost your phone number can you send it to me again, sorry, very manic (me that is) and disorganised as hell. Hope you are well. My little has impaction again and she had her 9th birthday party yesterday, which could have gone beeter were she not so bunged up but heh ho thats the way it goes. The kids are all so used to her blow outs dont think they mind too much so we shall see. Hope she will have a look at her prezzies today at least now things have started moving agin today.

Luv caroline

xxx

Guest guest

Hi Jeana :)

Yeah, I've been amazed at the encouragement and input so far, and it's

only been about a week.

I think this is important. I think that talking about what is going

on for us helps.

I have some great friends in the church, some of which have a small

idea of what it's like ... but try as they might, they struggle to

understand.

That's why I wanted to make friends who know what it is to struggle

with illness.

I'm glad to hear you are married and have a child. I don't know what

half those conditions are, though ... The chronic fatigue I can

understand, my sleep Apnoea causes me to be so tired that it

physically hurts sometimes.

Mmm, Florida sounds good to me right now (it's Winter here) LOL

>

> u r in the right group than hey my name is jeana i

> live in florida have 1 son been married for 7yrd now i

> have mital valve prolapse heart auto immune vascultus

> fibro myagia bi polar ibs cronic miagraines and cronic

> fatiguei am house bound so this is also my only social

> activity cuz i dont drive and i cant walk far very

> nice to meet you welcome i have only been here a week

> or so and they are all awesome

>

Guest guest

Welcome !

I love Aussies! I have a very good friend from NSW. I met her online and she came over to the states to go to Disneyland and I live nearby so we met! she has cystic fibrosis. I'm , I am 46 and I have fibromyalgia, asthma, allergies chronic sinusitis and am currently fighting a horrible sinus infection, I have a few other medical probs including depression & anxiety. My 22 year old daughter has cystic fibrosis too and I also have a healthy husband and a healthy son Nick age 24.

I know you will love this group, we have all kinds of illnesses and everyone understands how it is.

love,

Guest guest

Someone told me there were dogs that were trained to spot seizures since I have so much neck damage falling to the floor and shaking is not a good thing. I was wondering did anyone else know of these dogs??? M <brenda.morey@...> wrote: Welcome ! I love Aussies! I have a very good friend from NSW. I met her online and she came over to the states to go to Disneyland and I live nearby so we met! she has cystic fibrosis. I'm , I

am 46 and I have fibromyalgia, asthma, allergies chronic sinusitis and am currently fighting a horrible sinus infection, I have a few other medical probs including depression & anxiety. My 22 year old daughter has cystic fibrosis too and I also have a healthy husband and a healthy son Nick age 24. I know you will love this group, we have all kinds of illnesses and everyone understands how it is. love,

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Hi -

In answer to your question about seizure alert/response dogs...yes I

have a black lab/border collie mix named Little girl who is my seizure

alert dog. The difference is that alert animals are not trained but do

it instinctively and response dogs are trained. Here is a web site for

you to look at for more information:

http://www.deltasociety.org/home.htm

Hugs and Blessings,

Rose

Guest guest

Hi Rose Thank you for responding to my question. I do have post surgical seizures from the brain and spinal cord surgeries I had. Hugs Rose <wolflady_1957@...> wrote: Hi - In answer to your question about seizure alert/response dogs...yes I have a black lab/border collie mix named Little girl who is my seizure alert dog. The difference is that alert animals are not trained but do it instinctively and response dogs are trained. Here is a web site for you to look at for more information:http://www.deltasociety.org/home.htmHugs and Blessings,Rose

See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

thanks for joining the group. we are glad to have you. evelyn Cork <lissypops1982@...> wrote: Hi my name is . I just joined the group and so I thought I would introduce myself briefly. I am 23 years old and from Australia. I have Spina Bifida.Thanks for letting me join.

See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

Hi , I'm hopeless at explaining things but Spina Bifida is

basically where the spine doesn't form properly. Those who have Spina

Bifida have varying degrees of it such as some people are in

wheelchairs, some can walk unaided, whilst others can walk but need

walking devises. I walk unaided. Also people with Spina Bifida may be

totally/partially incontient.

Hope this helps .

Guest guest

I walked originally unaided my head at one side now I barely am able to walk at all. When they fixed the arnold chiari I they caught all the nerves in my neck giving me hypersensitive arms and loss of feeling in my legs. I wasn't even out of surgery yet and I screamed at the top of my lungs when anyone came near my arms. I am forever off balance and there are many falls since I can't catch myself at all. Someone who has no problems moving backwards I cannot do at all. I have a definite problem with bowel I need 24 medamucil a day. I am hoping this will correct with the operation on Sept 7th. Hugs Cork <lissypops1982@...> wrote: Hi , I'm hopeless at explaining things but Spina Bifida is basically where the spine doesn't form properly. Those who have Spina Bifida have varying degrees of it such as some people are in wheelchairs, some can walk unaided, whilst others can walk but need walking devises. I walk unaided. Also people with Spina Bifida may be totally/partially incontient. Hope this helps .

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.

Try it free.

Guest guest

Can I ask what the op is you are having? I had the ACE done in 2000

and is fantastic. I am on metamucil twice a day as well as imodium

for bowel.

P.S. Going away for a few days

> Hi , I'm hopeless at explaining things but Spina

Bifida is

> basically where the spine doesn't form properly. Those who have

Spina

> Bifida have varying degrees of it such as some people are in

> wheelchairs, some can walk unaided, whilst others can walk but need

> walking devises. I walk unaided. Also people with Spina Bifida may

be

> totally/partially incontient.

> Hope this helps .

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.Try it free.

>

Guest guest

I read an article, can't remember which magazine, but this woman had a dog which could sense when her master was going to have a seizure from 20 min to 1 hour ahead of time and could alert her.

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of BuergerhoffSent: Monday, August 07, 2006 7:40 PM Subject: Re: Newbie

Someone told me there were dogs that were trained to spot seizures since I have so much neck damage falling to the floor and shaking is not a good thing. I was wondering did anyone else know of these dogs??? M <brenda.moreysbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

Welcome !

I love Aussies! I have a very good friend from NSW. I met her online and she came over to the states to go to Disneyland and I live nearby so we met! she has cystic fibrosis. I'm , I am 46 and I have fibromyalgia, asthma, allergies chronic sinusitis and am currently fighting a horrible sinus infection, I have a few other medical probs including depression & anxiety. My 22 year old daughter has cystic fibrosis too and I also have a healthy husband and a healthy son Nick age 24.

I know you will love this group, we have all kinds of illnesses and everyone understands how it is.

love,

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

, do you have repeated sinus infections, I have had surgery for my sinus and still get attacks at least twice a month.

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of MSent: Monday, August 07, 2006 3:01 PM Subject: Re: Newbie

Welcome !

love,

Guest guest

HelloThey're trained to watch over you during the seizure and they make good pets.   You can find more info at http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/epilepsyusa/aboutseizuredogs.cfmThey say that only 2% of the dogs tested are suitable for seizure response duties (http://www.uwsp.edu/psych/dog/LA/sapp1.htm).Regards,On Aug 13, 2006, at 5:11 AM, A. Drawdy wrote:I read an article, can't remember which magazine, but this woman had a dog which could sense when her master was going to have a seizure from 20 min to 1 hour ahead of time and could alert her.Thanks,-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of BuergerhoffSent: Monday, August 07, 2006 7:40 PM Subject: Re: NewbieSomeone told me there were dogs that were trained to spot seizures since I have so much neck damage falling to the floor and shaking is not a good thing. I was wondering did anyone else know of these dogs??? M <brenda.moreysbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:Welcome !I love Aussies! I have a very good friend from NSW. I met her online and she came over to the states to go to Disneyland and I live nearby so we met! she has cystic fibrosis. I'm , I am 46 and I have fibromyalgia, asthma, allergies chronic sinusitis and am currently fighting a horrible sinus infection, I have a few other medical probs including depression & anxiety. My 22 year old daughter  has cystic fibrosis too and I also have a healthy husband and a healthy son Nick age 24. I know you will love this group, we have all kinds of illnesses and everyone understands how it is. love, Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

I've seen stories on these dogs on THE ANIMAL PLANET cable tv station. Sue" A. Drawdy" <sclady@...> wrote: I read an article, can't remember which magazine, but this woman had a dog which could sense when her master was going to have a seizure from 20 min to 1 hour ahead of time and could alert her. Thanks, -----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of BuergerhoffSent: Monday, August 07, 2006 7:40 PM Subject: Re: Newbie Someone told me there were dogs that were trained to spot seizures since I have so much neck damage falling to the floor and shaking is not a good thing. I was wondering did anyone else know of these dogs??? M <brenda.moreysbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Welcome ! I love Aussies! I have a very

good friend from NSW. I met her online and she came over to the states to go to Disneyland and I live nearby so we met! she has cystic fibrosis. I'm , I am 46 and I have fibromyalgia, asthma, allergies chronic sinusitis and am currently fighting a horrible sinus infection, I have a few other medical probs including depression & anxiety. My 22 year old daughter has cystic fibrosis too and I also have a healthy husband and a healthy son Nick age 24. I know you will love this group, we have all kinds of illnesses and everyone understands how it is. love,

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less. For a REALLY HOT time check out http://www.peternoone.com and http://www.mikesmith1964.com

Guest guest

Hi ,

Yes I have had allergies and sinus problems all my life. I have had 4 surgeries. I may be headed for #5. I hope not but if it will help I really don't mind, they aren't that bad. They have a new kind of sinus surgery where a computer assists the endoscope so the doc can see what he is doing better. My daughter had this type of surgery in '99 and has been so much better since, before she was having surgery around every 6 months, a total of 13! She has cf and I have cf sinuses, my doc has told me. The bugs I am culturing are typical for cf patients. I am on bactrim and both bugs are sensitive to it but it doesn't seem to be getting to the infection.

hope this helps,

love,

Guest guest

I have the tethered cord coming up next I use normally 24 metumucil a day. Hugs Cork <lissypops1982@...> wrote: Can I ask what the op is you are having? I had the ACE done in 2000 and is fantastic. I am on metamucil twice a day as well as imodium for bowel.P.S. Going away for a few days > Hi , I'm hopeless at explaining things but Spina Bifida is > basically where the spine doesn't form properly. Those who have Spina > Bifida have varying degrees of it such as some people are in > wheelchairs, some can walk unaided, whilst others can walk but need > walking devises. I walk unaided. Also people with Spina Bifida may be > totally/partially incontient. > Hope this helps . > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.Try it

free.>

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Hi , they say the only allergies I have are to mold, but I am reluctant to go through a year of treatments , an hour at the dr. every week. How in the world can they be doing so much surgery on you and your daughter, that has to take a toll on you, I mean every time you get put to sleep it takes your body along time to recover. What are they doing in the surgeries to help you?

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of MSent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 1:38 PM Subject: Re: Newbie

Hi ,

Yes I have had allergies and sinus problems all my life. I have had 4 surgeries. I may be headed for #5. I hope not but if it will help I really don't mind, they aren't that bad. They have a new kind of sinus surgery where a computer assists the endoscope so the doc can see what he is doing better. My daughter had this type of surgery in '99 and has been so much better since, before she was having surgery around every 6 months, a total of 13! She has cf and I have cf sinuses, my doc has told me. The bugs I am culturing are typical for cf patients. I am on bactrim and both bugs are sensitive to it but it doesn't seem to be getting to the infection.

hope this helps,

love,

Guest guest

Welcome

I sent that email to my SIL, I know she has a lot of company this month and I can't be around her right now as she is immunocompromised and I have this sinus infection. Hopefully she will be able to write you.

You fit in great around here. I am from Texas born and bred as we say but moved in CA in '81 (I was 21) and had 2 kids and have been here ever since. We were able to buy a house in Placentia about 4 years ago and we love it here. My kids are Nick age 24, and age 22 w/cystic fibrosis. And husband . Well I am probably repeating myself I do that a lot, fibrofog or whatever.

welcome again!

love,

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/22/2006 7:19:19 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time, motherspirit@... writes:

I look forward to learning from you all and learning more about at home workouts that are working for others.

Hi Tyra! Welcome to the group.