RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh, my goodness Stacie...I'm so sorry about that...It must have been terrifying!!!!!! Where did you end up finding him? So dang scary!!!! Glad you was OK and no one got hurt of really lost...YIKES.

Take care....get some rest tonight...Like I should talk LOL --- I'll get some quotes tomorrow K???

J

From: "hawkie6@..." <hawkie6@...>autism Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:56:56 PMSubject: Re: question

Thanks e. Yes, plese send. I did send her a card before so I want a peom really or some quotes. I really would love to write a poem on Autism and support and what she has done for us. Like, before Jan, I seen everything so bleak and dark and when she came in and walked with me side by side and how thinks started so show color..

The MRI was rough. I will give details later. We had to lock down the hospital though becauase escaped me the dr and the nurses and he could not be found for 20 min. Dr W was on the phone with me and texting the whole day with me. She is amazing.

Stacie

In a message dated 7/21/2009 8:12:18 A.M. Central Daylight Time, ljdjd1234 (DOT) com writes:

Hi, Stacie...my brother is the poet :) I like to find an appropriate quote, one that fits how I feel and or a given subject matter --- Of couse put it in quotes and name the author .....

I will often buy a bland card or make my own --- scrap-booking stuff......put the quote, tell her how much she means....this will mean the world to her....Maybe it could be something regarding boys (a quote about boys) or it could be something about pain and how much it helps when others are willing to you get through it...or it could even be a friendship quote...I would do a boy quote...I have some that I can send you, as well as some words to include if you'd like :)

Love to you,

e

had an MRI too....he did well and I know will too --- I'll pray!

From: "hawkie6aol (DOT) com" <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, July 20, 2009 11:46:13 PMSubject: question

Does anyone on this group write poems? I want to send a poem to Dr Winnega, to tell her how I feel about all she has done for us. I am not good with poems. has his MRI in the monring and then an appt with neurosurgeon. I am going alone again and she is being so supportive even though she cant be there with us, she is going to have her phone close and told me to text email her throughout the day and let her know when we are done so we can talk. I really have been looking online for a peom, but cant find one. Any ideas?

Stacie

What's for dinner tonight? Find quick and easy dinner ideas for any occasion.

Guest guest

Ok, I just re-read this and I sound drunk... LOL, LOL, LOL --- goodnight all :)

j

From: Two Blessings <ljdjd1234@...>autism Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:06:30 PMSubject: Re: question

Oh, my goodness Stacie...I'm so sorry about that...It must have been terrifying!! !!!! Where did you end up finding him? So dang scary!!!! Glad you was OK and no one got hurt of really lost...YIKES.

Take care....get some rest tonight...Like I should talk LOL --- I'll get some quotes tomorrow K???

J

From: "hawkie6aol (DOT) com" <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:56:56 PMSubject: Re: question

Thanks e. Yes, plese send. I did send her a card before so I want a peom really or some quotes. I really would love to write a poem on Autism and support and what she has done for us. Like, before Jan, I seen everything so bleak and dark and when she came in and walked with me side by side and how thinks started so show color..

The MRI was rough. I will give details later. We had to lock down the hospital though becauase escaped me the dr and the nurses and he could not be found for 20 min. Dr W was on the phone with me and texting the whole day with me. She is amazing.

Stacie

In a message dated 7/21/2009 8:12:18 A.M. Central Daylight Time, ljdjd1234 (DOT) com writes:

Hi, Stacie...my brother is the poet :) I like to find an appropriate quote, one that fits how I feel and or a given subject matter --- Of couse put it in quotes and name the author .....

I will often buy a bland card or make my own --- scrap-booking stuff......put the quote, tell her how much she means....this will mean the world to her....Maybe it could be something regarding boys (a quote about boys) or it could be something about pain and how much it helps when others are willing to you get through it...or it could even be a friendship quote...I would do a boy quote...I have some that I can send you, as well as some words to include if you'd like :)

Love to you,

e

had an MRI too....he did well and I know will too --- I'll pray!

From: "hawkie6aol (DOT) com" <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, July 20, 2009 11:46:13 PMSubject: question

Does anyone on this group write poems? I want to send a poem to Dr Winnega, to tell her how I feel about all she has done for us. I am not good with poems. has his MRI in the monring and then an appt with neurosurgeon. I am going alone again and she is being so supportive even though she cant be there with us, she is going to have her phone close and told me to text email her throughout the day and let her know when we are done so we can talk. I really have been looking online for a peom, but cant find one. Any ideas?

Stacie

Guest guest

Oh Stacie...how scary. My is what I call an " Escape Artist " . We lost her

for the 1st time on her 2nd b-day...at her party! All I could see was the

intersection/road nearby. She was not a child that would just go up or engage

just anyone, but I suddenly saw her holding the hand of a stranger. Normally not

good, but she found an angel that day that brought her to find me. She has snuck

out of our house twice to go to the neighborhood park. I am just grateful it was

never more than minutes before I noticed that she was gone. My heart sank when I

read your post. I related to your panic/fear. Sleep peacefully!

Angy Brewer----------

Sent from AT & T's Wireless network using Mobile Email

- question

Does anyone on this group write poems? I want to send a poem to Dr

Winnega, to tell her how I feel about all she has done for us. I am not good

with poems. has his MRI in the monring and then an appt with

neurosurgeon. I am going alone again and she is being so supportive even

though she

cant be there with us, she is going to have her phone close and told me to

text email her throughout the day and let her know when we are done so we can

talk. I really have been looking online for a peom, but cant find one.

Any ideas?

Stacie

What's for dinner tonight? Find _quick and easy dinner ideas_

(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000009) for any

occasion.

What's for dinner tonight? Find _quick and easy dinner ideas_

(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000009) for any

occasion.

**************What's for dinner tonight? Find quick and easy dinner ideas

for any occasion.

(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000009)

Guest guest

Whatever gets you through the day, sweetie. We're not here to judge! ;o)

Love,

Judy (mom to , age 12, NT, and Jake, age 10.5, ASD)

www.bforbedlam.wordpress.com

e wrote:

Guest guest

Thanks Judy...I love tenderness and you have it :)

j

From: J Acciarito <jacyone@...>autism Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:39:14 AMSubject: Re: question

Whatever gets you through the day, sweetie. We're not here to judge! ;o)

Love,

Judy (mom to , age 12, NT, and Jake, age 10.5, ASD)

www.bforbedlam. wordpress. com

e wrote:

Guest guest

Never hurts. Macey's had 2 sweat tests, a buccal swab and a blood DNA test.

She's got alot of CF symptoms and they're just sure she'll turn up positive one

day. HA!

Ursula Holleman

mom to (16) and Macey (14)

www.caringbridge.org/visit/maceyholleman

;

Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:39:26 -0700

Subject: Question

My husband took our daughter (5yrs) to her immuno appt.this week. The dr.

ordered many tests, but among them was a " sweat test " just to rule out cystic

fibrosis. Well, daddy forgot she had this test performed two years ago (when she

was 3). The test was ordered by our pedi., and it was negative.

My question is... is it necessary to repeat the test? I remember reading

something that said the values do not change from positive to negative or

negative to positive as time goes by (the person gets older). Does this sound

right?

Thank you!

Pavlu

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Give Back

for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

Guest guest

I would take photos of everything he would want - starting with the van, put them on a board with velcro and to start with when he runs take the board with you to give him a choice of what he wants to do. I would repeat this time and time again till he gets used to the process, then I would put the board up on the exit from the building so he sees it as he escapes and then redirect him to it. I think that if you do this over and over again he may just get to the choosing stage rather than running.

Maybe a lock on the front door to delay things would be good too.

Question

I just joined the group a few days ago and was wanting to introduce myself. My name is and I work with a 28 yr old guy who is autistic. He is non-verbal and is very limited on his sign language. His only behavior is taking flight. I was wondering if anyone else deals with this type of situation. I tried skimming thru the archives and haven't ran across this. A lot of times he just runs down the steps from his room right out the front door. Then he starts running down the street and stops and waits for me or another staff to come get him. A few weeks ago we tried just calling to him to come back home. He eventually comes home on his own now, which is a good thing. Today he ran out and I ran out after him and asked him to come back. He stopped at the edge of the street and I asked him what he wanted. He signed ride. I told him not to run that if he wants something all he has to do is ask. So I loaded him up in the van and took him for a ride. He was happy the rest of the day. Any suggestions on what to do to try to keep him from taking flight. I will be doing 1-1 with him 3 times a week for 6 hrs a day. I'm just afraid that he will run from me when we are out doing things. He is so used to being in his room by himself. He has a routine he does everyday and I don't know what to expect because things are going to change for him. Any help will be much appreciated.

Guest guest

We ordered ours from the TEA website last week and it came in the mail within 3 days. Two children 3 copies for each child. I couldn't believe they were that fast. Good luck!!KimTo: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:55:55 PMSubject: question

Hi, does anyone know what you can do if you have filed an

exemption for vaccines from the State of Texas Health Department, but the form

has not been sent back yet in time to start school.. ?? is there

anyway to track if it has been sent?? This a different way that has

been done before.. you used to be able to print the form yourself and take to

the school and apparently they have made it harder to get.. can you

still take a medical exemption from your Dr.?? or does the form

still have to come from the state also.?? Please respond as soon as possible..

thanks so much.. Corinne

Guest guest

We ordered ours from the TEA website last week and it came in the mail within 3 days. Two children 3 copies for each child. I couldn't believe they were that fast. Good luck!!KimTo: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:55:55 PMSubject: question

Hi, does anyone know what you can do if you have filed an

exemption for vaccines from the State of Texas Health Department, but the form

has not been sent back yet in time to start school.. ?? is there

anyway to track if it has been sent?? This a different way that has

been done before.. you used to be able to print the form yourself and take to

the school and apparently they have made it harder to get.. can you

still take a medical exemption from your Dr.?? or does the form

still have to come from the state also.?? Please respond as soon as possible..

thanks so much.. Corinne

Guest guest

Hi, and this form will also be honored at

the school::?? I am checking into this for friends.. I just click on TEA

under immunizations ? thanks so much..

Corinne

[mailto:Texas-Autism-Advocacy ] On Behalf Of Doug FRITZSCHING

Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009

5:03 PM

To:

Texas-Autism-Advocacy

Subject: Re:

question

We ordered ours from the TEA website last week and it came

in the mail within 3 days. Two children 3 copies for each child. I couldn't

believe they were that fast. Good luck!!

Kim

<corinnevelacomcast (DOT) net>

To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy

4:55:55 PM

Subject:

question

Hi, does

anyone know what you can do if you have filed an exemption for vaccines from

the State of Texas Health Department, but the form has not been sent back yet

in time to start school.. ?? is there anyway to track if it has

been sent?? This a different way that has been done before.. you

used to be able to print the form yourself and take to the school and

apparently they have made it harder to get.. can you still take a medical

exemption from your Dr.?? or does the form still have to come from

the state also.?? Please respond as soon as possible.. thanks so much..

Corinne

Guest guest

They're usually fast in sending the forms, which need to be notorized.

You can also get a medical waiver from your doctor. My son's school nurse gave

me some attitude when I presented it but I held my ground and reminded her it

was my right. I'm sure she would have better understood if she had a child with

autism.

>

> We ordered ours from the TEA website last week and it came in the mail within

3 days. Two children 3 copies for each child. I couldn't believe they were that

fast. Good luck!!

>

> Kim

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy

> Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:55:55 PM

> Subject: question

>

>

> Hi, does anyone know what you can do if you have filed an

> exemption for vaccines from the State of Texas Health Department, but the form

> has not been sent back yet in time to start school.. ?? is there

> anyway to track if it has been sent?? This a different way that has

> been done before.. you used to be able to print the form yourself and take to

> the school and apparently they have made it harder to get.. can you

> still take a medical exemption from your Dr.?? or does the form

> still have to come from the state also.?? Please respond as soon as possible..

> thanks so much..

>

> Corinne

>

Guest guest

Yes the school will accept this. We are writing in the H1N1 vaccine too.Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "corinnevela" Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:06:26 -0500To: <Texas-Autism-Advocacy >Subject: RE: question Hi, and this form will also be honored at the school::?? I am checking into this for friends.. I just click on TEA under immunizations ? thanks so much.. Corinne From: Texas-Autism-Advocacy [mailto:Texas-Autism-Advocacy ] On Behalf Of Doug FRITZSCHINGSent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:03 PMTo: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Subject: Re: question We ordered ours from the TEA website last week and it came in the mail within 3 days. Two children 3 copies for each child. I couldn't believe they were that fast. Good luck!! Kim From: Corinne Vela <corinnevelacomcast (DOT) net>To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:55:55 PMSubject: question Hi, does anyone know what you can do if you have filed an exemption for vaccines from the State of Texas Health Department, but the form has not been sent back yet in time to start school.. ?? is there anyway to track if it has been sent?? This a different way that has been done before.. you used to be able to print the form yourself and take to the school and apparently they have made it harder to get.. can you still take a medical exemption from your Dr.?? or does the form still have to come from the state also.?? Please respond as soon as possible.. thanks so much.. Corinne

Guest guest

Yes the school will accept this. We are writing in the H1N1 vaccine too.Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "corinnevela" Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 17:06:26 -0500To: <Texas-Autism-Advocacy >Subject: RE: question Hi, and this form will also be honored at the school::?? I am checking into this for friends.. I just click on TEA under immunizations ? thanks so much.. Corinne From: Texas-Autism-Advocacy [mailto:Texas-Autism-Advocacy ] On Behalf Of Doug FRITZSCHINGSent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:03 PMTo: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Subject: Re: question We ordered ours from the TEA website last week and it came in the mail within 3 days. Two children 3 copies for each child. I couldn't believe they were that fast. Good luck!! Kim From: Corinne Vela <corinnevelacomcast (DOT) net>To: Texas-Autism-Advocacy Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:55:55 PMSubject: question Hi, does anyone know what you can do if you have filed an exemption for vaccines from the State of Texas Health Department, but the form has not been sent back yet in time to start school.. ?? is there anyway to track if it has been sent?? This a different way that has been done before.. you used to be able to print the form yourself and take to the school and apparently they have made it harder to get.. can you still take a medical exemption from your Dr.?? or does the form still have to come from the state also.?? Please respond as soon as possible.. thanks so much.. Corinne

Guest guest

Thank you so much and god bless.. have a

great day..

Corinne

Texas-Autism-Advocacy

[mailto:Texas-Autism-Advocacy ] On Behalf Of dougkim1997@...

5:17 PM

To:

Texas-Autism-Advocacy

question

Yes the

school will accept this. We are writing in the H1N1 vaccine too.

Sent from

my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

" corinnevela "

Date: Tue, 18 Aug

2009 17:06:26 -0500

To: <Texas-Autism-Advocacy >

Subject: RE:

question

Hi, and this form will also be honored at the school::?? I am

checking into this for friends.. I just click on TEA under immunizations

? thanks so much..

Corinne

question

We ordered

ours from the TEA website last week and it came in the mail within 3 days. Two

children 3 copies for each child. I couldn't believe they were that fast. Good

luck!!

Kim

Subject:

question

Hi, does

Corinne

Guest guest

Thank you so much and god bless.. have a

great day..

Corinne

Texas-Autism-Advocacy

[mailto:Texas-Autism-Advocacy ] On Behalf Of dougkim1997@...

5:17 PM

To:

Texas-Autism-Advocacy

question

Yes the

school will accept this. We are writing in the H1N1 vaccine too.

Sent from

my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

" corinnevela "

Date: Tue, 18 Aug

2009 17:06:26 -0500

To: <Texas-Autism-Advocacy >

Subject: RE:

question

Hi, and this form will also be honored at the school::?? I am

checking into this for friends.. I just click on TEA under immunizations

? thanks so much..

Corinne

question

We ordered

ours from the TEA website last week and it came in the mail within 3 days. Two

children 3 copies for each child. I couldn't believe they were that fast. Good

luck!!

Kim

Subject:

question

Hi, does

Corinne

Guest guest

All we ever had was a medical exemption since our son started school.

The school would then make us get it renewed every year. But since

the damage done to our son is lifetime, about two years ago the Dr.

rewrote the letter stating that Ethan had sustained a lifetime

disability due to vaccines and that to re-vaccinate could cause

serious harm. In it, he specifically stated that our son has a

lifetime exemption to vaccination. We never had to get anything from

the " state. " We have never been bugged by the school since the doctor

added the lifetime exemption.

Personally speaking, no one should have to --vaccination should be a

matter of conscience and choice, but unfortunately I suppose not

enough children have been killed or damaged to make them see the big

picture. Maybe when the rates are 100:100 suffer neurological damage

--maybe then, but if they can still make money on it then they will

still force the issue.

Guest guest

I called my school nurse and explained that I had requested the forms and they had not arrived....and did she want me to bring her a letter from me stating that I will be submitting exemption forms soon or would she rather I keep my son out of school until I receive them. She was very nice and let me bring in a letter today explaining that I would be submitting the official forms once they arrive.

question

Hi, does anyone know what you can do if you have filed an exemption for vaccines from the State of Texas Health Department, but the form has not been sent back yet in time to start school.. ?? is there anyway to track if it has been sent?? This a different way that has been done before.. you used to be able to print the form yourself and take to the school and apparently they have made it harder to get.. can you still take a medical exemption from your Dr.?? or does the form still have to come from the state also.?? Please respond as soon as possible.. thanks so much..

Corinne

Guest guest

I called my school nurse and explained that I had requested the forms and they had not arrived....and did she want me to bring her a letter from me stating that I will be submitting exemption forms soon or would she rather I keep my son out of school until I receive them. She was very nice and let me bring in a letter today explaining that I would be submitting the official forms once they arrive.

question

Hi, does anyone know what you can do if you have filed an exemption for vaccines from the State of Texas Health Department, but the form has not been sent back yet in time to start school.. ?? is there anyway to track if it has been sent?? This a different way that has been done before.. you used to be able to print the form yourself and take to the school and apparently they have made it harder to get.. can you still take a medical exemption from your Dr.?? or does the form still have to come from the state also.?? Please respond as soon as possible.. thanks so much..

Corinne

Guest guest

Ordered mine over two weeks ago...still haven't arrived.

=(

question

Corinne

Guest guest

Ordered mine over two weeks ago...still haven't arrived.

=(

question

Corinne

Guest guest

Ours came in a matter of days too.

Tonya

Texas-Autism-Advocacy

[mailto:Texas-Autism-Advocacy ] On Behalf Of Doug

FRITZSCHING

Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:03 PM

Subject: Re: question

We

ordered ours from the TEA website last week and it came in the mail within 3

days. Two children 3 copies for each child. I couldn't believe they were that

fast. Good luck!!

Kim

Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:55:55 PM

Subject: question

Hi, does anyone know

what you can do if you have filed an exemption for vaccines from the State of

Texas Health Department, but the form has not been sent back yet in time to

start school.. ?? is there anyway to track if it has been

sent?? This a different way that has been done before.. you used to

be able to print the form yourself and take to the school and apparently

they have made it harder to get.. can you still take a medical exemption

from your Dr.?? or does the form still have to come from the state

also.?? Please respond as soon as possible.. thanks so much..

Corinne

Guest guest

The Infectious Disease doctors see frequently and should be able to

diagnose it sooner than your normal ped who will say that your child just has

the normal cold or it's nothing to be concerned about. The ID is the way to go.

We have also seen the Urologist but that proved to be unnecessary.

Hope you find this site helpful. Many of us have!

Guest guest

Hi

It is still unsure whether is an infectious disease or an

auto-inflammatory disease. So some parents (esp in the US) go to infectious

disease Drs and others go to paediatric rheumatologists (that's the route we

went here in South Africa) as a lot of periodic fever syndromes fall under the

umbrella of rheumatology. Our daughter for example had joint pain with her

fevers but no mouth ulcers, throat involvement or other typical symptoms for

. She tested negative for juvenile rheumatism and HIDS and the T & A in March

2008 has so far eliminated all fevers (even when she gets sick with other

viruses she never runs temperatures anymore). Her tonsils were huge and 'rotten'

(that's how the ENT described them) even though she never had throat problems

during episodes or strep throat. Personally I believe that the tonsils are the

root of but this is only my own opinion. Even the doctors don't know why

T & A cures such a high percentage of kids

(not all of them, and for some the fevers comes back years down the line, there

isn't much long-term research). For us having Emma's tonsils and adenoids

removed was the best thing we ever did for her, even if the fevers return

tomorrow.

Hope this helps

Inga

Guest guest

Just curious, are the scobys on top or bottom? Because sometimes when

I buy GTs Kombucha, it had thin scobys floating in the bottom of the

bottles. I often wonder if I bought 2 bottles, poured them in a jar

and let it ferment a week or so, would I get a healthy scoby on top?

Philip

--

" When I lived as a hearing person, it limited me. When I lived as a

Deaf person, it set me free. "

~ philip b. mecham

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:16 AM, nsmoschgat<nsmoschgat@...> wrote:

>

>

> I brewed my first batch. I strained it and put it in 16 ounce ball jars with

> plastic lids. I thought I would want a little extra fiz, so I put them in a

> cupboard for 2 days. Today I took them out and put them in a small apartment

> size refrigerator that I use for special items. They all have scobys on the

> tops! I strained one and my dh and I drank it with ice, by the way it is

> awesome. Kind of spicy bubbly, refreshing and sooooo yummy. Kind of reminded

> me of a mohito and I may crush a sprig of mint or spearmint in my next

> glass. My question is - should it be growing more scobys? What should I do

> with them? Thanks, Naomi

>

>

Guest guest

In message <40523600909091230m6f503902w1f524bc251f6cd37@...> you

wrote:

> Just curious, are the scobys on top or bottom? Because sometimes when

> I buy GTs Kombucha, it had thin scobys floating in the bottom of the

> bottles. I often wonder if I bought 2 bottles, poured them in a jar

> and let it ferment a week or so, would I get a healthy scoby on top?

>

Hi Philip,

A new scoby will always grow across the top of the liquid, but once

disturbed, it often moves to the bottom or somewhere/anywhere in the

brewing vessel. Anywhere is O.K. - it's got the freedom of the jar! ;-)

So, if you can resist disturbing the brew, if there is no wobbling of

the jar, and the scoby remains undisturbed, it will thicken until

disturbed.

BTW, a scoby is not the be all and end all of Kombucha. Culture is both

scoby and liquid, as these all contain the Kombucha yeasts and bacteria.

It is the bacteria that build the fibrous scoby structure.

http://www.therpc.f9.co.uk/family/scobygrow/home.html

Blessings,

Margret in the UK :-)

--

+------------------ Minstrel@... --------------------+

http://www.newlifederby.org.uk

http://bavarianminstrel.wordpress.com

creation.com