RemedySpot.com

hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Where is she located? I have extras but prefer not to have to mail them.

On Nov 2, 2007 2:01 PM, Margret Pegg <Minstrel@...> wrote:

> O.K. No better time than starting than now ....... Anybody got a culture

> for our dear Sprite?

>

> Lots of love from one who has been hanging on in there :-)))

>

> Margret:-)

--

Live and Love Well,

Sandy (Jennings, FL; zone 8b)

Hello, WaterSprite:

Welcome back! Seeing your name brings back many fond memories for me. I've

been with KT for about six or seven years, and you were one of the regular

contributors that helped me when I first started. I've never stopped, and it

(KT) has really helped me.

Betty Crudup

WaterSprite1@... wrote:

Hello, WaterSprite:

Welcome back! Seeing your name brings back many fond memories for me. I've

been with KT for about six or seven years, and you were one of the regular

contributors that helped me when I first started. I've never stopped, and it

(KT) has really helped me.

Betty Crudup

WaterSprite1@... wrote:

• 3 weeks later...

Benefits of Kombucha List

This list was created from the input of several hundred people from all

over the world who wished to share their actual Kombucha experiences with

others:-)) If you would like to add to this list please

mailto:OM@...

with your suggestion and your permission to add it to this list.

*Information provided is for informational purposes only and is not meant

to be a substitute for professional medical advice. It is our belief that

Kombucha does not " cure " anything, rather it seems to help the body to

heal

itself. This information is obtained from our own personal experience and

testimonials of people world-wide who have used Kombucha. No one person

will experience all of these benefits and no one substance is right for

everyone. No specific outcome is predicted in any particular case.

1. Great beverage

2. Sense of well-being

3. Helps to relieve congestion in airways

4. Thicker hair

5. Energy boost

6. Straightened my hair out

7. KT is very effective on all types of arthritis. Helps control joint

pain and helps with the deformed joints of rheumatoid arthritis.

7a. Helps repair the cartilage damaged in osteo arthritis, (if there

is any

present to build on).

7b. Helps Gout, (crystal arthritis), breaks down the crystals removing

pain

and sensitivity.

8. Great conversation piece

9. Licked Calcifying tendonitis

10. Helps with asthma and " hay-fever "

11. Has brought me into contact with some very caring people.

12. stress buster

13. very calming

14. Increase sex drive

15. Regulates Intestines.

16. Cured Candida Albicans, or (yeast infection) Overgrowth.

17. Aides digestion, prevents acid reflux

18. Addictive taste.

19. Eliminates or reduces heat rash.

20. Improved circulation/controlled venous stasis in shins

21. Clears and Improves skin

22. Makes a good hair rinse

23. Redundant 'Momma's " (Kombucha Colonies) make good brass cleaners

24. Helped take the " scales " from a friends Skin disorder

25. Makes a wonderful, soothing foot soak.

26. Shrinking large fatty tumor.

27. Flattening and fading old age carotene patches on the face.

28. Stops severe menstrual cramps

29. Makes a wonderful facial.

30. Made me much more mobile with my gout.

31. Oncoming headlights do not bother me as much.

32. Reduces / stabilizes blood pressure.

33. Prevents and helps heal bladder infections

34. Eases carpal tunnel syndrome

35. Heals boils and staph infections on skin.

36. Prevents oral canker sores

37. Prevents eczema and controls psoriasis

38. Household Cleaner: cuts grease, cleans stoves, bathroom tiles,

windows,

copper

39. Hair and nails grow faster

40. I can see the pupils of my eyes again without glasses.

41. More energy

42. Clears nail fungus and athlete's foot

43. Improves the sense of well being for people with liver Cancer

44. Helps an older woman feel and look younger

45. Helps Arthritis sufferers

46. Cleanses toxins from the system

47. Soothes burns and sunburn

48. Takes the sting and swelling away from Bee Stings

49. Good underarm deodorant

50. For some people; eliminates desire for alcohol, & helping to relax

51. Smashes flu and colds

52. Significant progress healing chapped lips from topical application

of KT

53. Kombucha Colony makes a great poultice

54. Removes rust

55. Restores natural hair color, including eyebrows, for some people

56. Improved eyesight and eliminated " floaters "

57. Insect repellent, mosquitos and fleas

58. Smoothes out Cellulite

59. Kombucha Colonies can be used as bandages

60. Eliminates warts

61. Very good for some people with AIDS/HIV+

62. Improved flexibility

63. Eliminates moles and age spots

64. Dried Kombucha Colonies make great " chew toys " for animals

65. Rejuvenating effect

66. Use Kombucha Colonies as washcloths- good for your skin

67. Menopause problems disappeared: night sweats, bloating stomach, mood

swings.

68. Kombucha Colonies blended with KT and sugar make great Kombucha puree

69. I have noticed that Kombucha makes me feel brighter in myself

70. Kombucha gives long life and a merry heart!

71. Relieves Anxiety

72. Takes away constipation and hemorrhoids

73. Normalizes sleep patterns

74. Takes away aches and pains

75. Great morning stimulant (no need for coffee)

76. Cuts need for some medications in 1/2

77. Reduces or eliminates allergic symptoms

78. Athletes strength, stamina and recovery is much improved.

79. Fibroids less painful

80. People begin taking responsibility for their own health.

81. Removed scar tissue

82. Helped several people with digestive problems; Crohn's Disease and

ulcerative colitis

83. Kombucha helps some with muscle aches and chronic fatigue

84. Sounder Sleep

85. Clears mucus from Bronchial passages

86. Helps with bee and jellyfish stings

87. Helps resolve some prostrate problems and difficulty with urination

88. The colony used on third degree burns forms a protective covering and

greatly speeds healing and helps control pain.

89. Colonies kept in the refrigerator can be used on any burn

immediately. Instantly takes pain out of the burned area and limits the

area of the burn.

90. Help for Hammer Toes and Bunions

91. Reverses the aging process.

92. Helped keep my immune system strong

93. Prevented chronic fatigue syndrome outbreaks

94. Excellent for removing infection from the body

95. Dried Kombucha Colonies make good material for arts and crafts

Kombucha, like Love,

" Makes those young,

" Whom age doth chill,

" And whom it finds young,

" Keeps young still. "

No health claims for Kombucha have been evaluated by the United States

Food

and Drug Administration (FDA), nor has the FDA approved Kombucha to

diagnose, cure or prevent disease. Please consult your health care

provider

about the use of Kombucha products in your particular case.

-- In kombucha tea ,

<guitar_johnson@...> wrote:

>

> Hi All,

>

> Can people share their experiences about Kombucha ,especially the

way it changed or helped in health wise.If you can explain in

detail,the things you did and finally wat happ it would be good .

>

> Thanks,

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Click here.

>

>

Welcome - you've come to the right place! My first doctor told me that hep c did not have a viral load - he actually did me a favor because I learned from the beginning to learn and research this disease on my own. That was over 5 years ago and I am still here - and needless to say - with a very different doctor!!!!

Take care and welcome to the group!

Chris

In a message dated 11/26/2007 6:58:29 P.M. Central Standard Time, mom4possums2002@... writes:

Welcome, Debbie!

There is nothing worse than having Hep C AND

also having a jerk for a doctor, move on sweetie just

as quick as you possibly can.. Hang in here, though,

you've found a mighty good place for answers to

your questions..and also people that care...

Blessings,

Sheena

debbiel21 <debbielverizonmail> wrote:

Hi all. Recently diagnosed with hep c. All I know is stage 3 from biopsy , have ascites and portal hypertension with varices. Hope to learn from this group. Don't seem to have a connection with my doctor. I go with a list of questions but I seem out the door before I can ask. How to you go about finding a doctor? ThanksDebbie from Portland Oregon if anyone can suggest anyone or place to start.Thanks again

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Welcome to the group , I am one of the co owners here . I also have stage and grade III damage in my liver with some ascites . Connecting with your doctor is real important , especially if your going to go on treatment for the hep c .Jackie is familiar with that area so maybe she can steer you to a good doctor . Make sure to keep all lab or procedure results for your own personal use . That way if you end up seeing another doctor you can just use what you have instead of having to go through all the tests again . How is your ammonia level and iron levels ?

Hello

Hi all. Recently diagnosed with hep c. All I know is stage 3 from biopsy , have ascites and portal hypertension with varices. Hope to learn from this group. Don't seem to have a connection with my doctor. I go with a list of questions but I seem out the door before I can ask. How to you go about finding a doctor? ThanksDebbie from Portland Oregon if anyone can suggest anyone or place to start.Thanks again

Welcome to the group , I am one of the co owners here . I also have stage and grade III damage in my liver with some ascites . Connecting with your doctor is real important , especially if your going to go on treatment for the hep c .Jackie is familiar with that area so maybe she can steer you to a good doctor . Make sure to keep all lab or procedure results for your own personal use . That way if you end up seeing another doctor you can just use what you have instead of having to go through all the tests again . How is your ammonia level and iron levels ?

Hello

Hi Debbie, My name is Jackie and Im one of the co-owners here who also lived in Portland when I treated. I lived in NW ( Rock Creek) and saw Dr. ONeill in Hillsboro on 8th Street. His office number is 503-693-9050. He is THE BEST,, I knew him personally while I worked as a 911 paramedic and then when he went into private practice from being a board certified ER doc I immediately made him my doc. He sent me to Randy in Hillsboro who was a gastro that really did not give the kind of care I was used to with Mike. So I finally fired Randy and Dr. O'Neill finished my tx. He is one of the most informed doc's who keeps up on everything.. IF I WERE YOU, I'd call his office and speak to Judy the receptionist. Tell her that Jackie on who used to be one of his patients sent you. Tell her hi and that we are fine and Im still in remission, very happy in Calif. The last time I saw Dr. ONeill, he was not

taking any new patients but you can try and see if he will take you. I would drive from Seattle( just making a point that I would drive a long way to see THIS doc) to see him if I needed a good doc. In fact, after we moved to Grass Valley, I remained his patient for over a year because I could not find another doc down here that I liked,, still dont have one I like but I tolerate the one I have now here,,..lol.. But if you talk with Judy and she doesnt remember me ( its been over 4 years since we've been in Portland) remind her that I used to do her nails at Copage when I was not on the ambulance,, lol, that should jog her memory.. I just believe that he is the best doc anywhere.. Who are you seeing up there? I hope its not Randy as he is an arrogant SOB who tried to refuse procrit to me because of many different reasons but when it actually came down to the REAL reason it was because he didnt know HOW to write the script because he'd

never done it before,, so I told him HOW MUCH to write it for,, and then I went back to MY Dr. ONeill.. Perhaps if he can't take you, he might be able to recommend someone tho. Welcome to the group! jackiedebbiel21 <debbiel@...> wrote: Hi all. Recently diagnosed with hep c. All I know is stage 3 from biopsy , have ascites and portal hypertension with varices. Hope to learn from this group. Don't seem to have a connection with my doctor. I go with a list of questions but I seem out the door before

I can ask. How to you go about finding a doctor? ThanksDebbie from Portland Oregon if anyone can suggest anyone or place to start.Thanks againJackie

Hi Debbie, My name is Jackie and Im one of the co-owners here who also lived in Portland when I treated. I lived in NW ( Rock Creek) and saw Dr. ONeill in Hillsboro on 8th Street. His office number is 503-693-9050. He is THE BEST,, I knew him personally while I worked as a 911 paramedic and then when he went into private practice from being a board certified ER doc I immediately made him my doc. He sent me to Randy in Hillsboro who was a gastro that really did not give the kind of care I was used to with Mike. So I finally fired Randy and Dr. O'Neill finished my tx. He is one of the most informed doc's who keeps up on everything.. IF I WERE YOU, I'd call his office and speak to Judy the receptionist. Tell her that Jackie on who used to be one of his patients sent you. Tell her hi and that we are fine and Im still in remission, very happy in Calif. The last time I saw Dr. ONeill, he was not

taking any new patients but you can try and see if he will take you. I would drive from Seattle( just making a point that I would drive a long way to see THIS doc) to see him if I needed a good doc. In fact, after we moved to Grass Valley, I remained his patient for over a year because I could not find another doc down here that I liked,, still dont have one I like but I tolerate the one I have now here,,..lol.. But if you talk with Judy and she doesnt remember me ( its been over 4 years since we've been in Portland) remind her that I used to do her nails at Copage when I was not on the ambulance,, lol, that should jog her memory.. I just believe that he is the best doc anywhere.. Who are you seeing up there? I hope its not Randy as he is an arrogant SOB who tried to refuse procrit to me because of many different reasons but when it actually came down to the REAL reason it was because he didnt know HOW to write the script because he'd

never done it before,, so I told him HOW MUCH to write it for,, and then I went back to MY Dr. ONeill.. Perhaps if he can't take you, he might be able to recommend someone tho. Welcome to the group! jackiedebbiel21 <debbiel@...> wrote: Hi all. Recently diagnosed with hep c. All I know is stage 3 from biopsy , have ascites and portal hypertension with varices. Hope to learn from this group. Don't seem to have a connection with my doctor. I go with a list of questions but I seem out the door before

I can ask. How to you go about finding a doctor? ThanksDebbie from Portland Oregon if anyone can suggest anyone or place to start.Thanks againJackie

Welcome, Debbie! There is nothing worse than having Hep C AND also having a jerk for a doctor, move on sweetie just as quick as you possibly can.. Hang in here, though, you've found a mighty good place for answers to your questions..and also people that care... Blessings, Sheena debbiel21 <debbiel@...> wrote: Hi all. Recently diagnosed with hep c. All I know is stage 3 from biopsy , have ascites and portal hypertension with varices. Hope to learn from this group. Don't seem to have a connection with my doctor. I go with a list of questions but I seem out the door before I can ask. How to you go about finding a doctor? ThanksDebbie from Portland Oregon if anyone can suggest anyone or place to start.Thanks again

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

• 2 weeks later...

O wow you sound like me the same for us too we know he has either Autism or Aspberger's my son is deatly afraid of animation anything that moves he freaks out and just screrams he is ultra sensitive certain lights and sounds he does hand flaping too and hums and takes his shirt off he also grinds his teeth talks and answers him self. He has been this way since birth nobody would listen to us. The school physc can not tell you if your child is Autistic you have to take him to his Dr and then he needs to see a Neurologst we just had our son tested for food allergies you should too I want to rule everything out. We are waiting to our insurance is having issues with his PCP it is a mess right now. I feel alone too. I am here if you ever want to talk. Hugs Kim -- hello this group is what i have been looking for. i know my son has aspergers.my family believes it too. i have been taking my son to docters for years and they said he was fine. well now the school thinks he has it. i am having problems with insurance. the school is going to test him for learning disabilities on dec 5th can the school phyc determain if he has it??? he flaps his hands,he is sensitive to smells that it makes him vomit. he is afraid of soap. when he plays its been the same way since he was 2. same noises and movements. he can tell you every animal and dinosure and what they eat. when he is in class its very hard not to flap his hands or shake his pencil. he gets in trouble and doesnt understand why. i am fighting with my county right now to reinstate my insurance. i know it will begin soon, but what can the school do for him now. my baby tries so hard. he is 7 and been in kindergarden 2x and is suffering in first grade. what should i do until i can get him to the doctors?

You can work with him at home, which you may already do. Any of Glenn Doman's books would be a starting point. Do some reading on the internet. There is so much parents can do for their child/children.

I chewed on my pens and drove my 10th grade algebra teacher crazy! Explain to his teacher/principal that he feels a deep need to do these things, and to not do it is like trying not to scratch poison ivy: almost impossible.

Wishing you and your son the best.

Francine

In a message dated 12/5/2007 2:27:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, siouxi02@... writes:

this group is what i have been looking for. i know my son has aspergers.my family believes it too. i have been taking my son to docters for years and they said he was fine. well now the school thinks he has it. i am having problems with insurance. the school is going to test him for learning disabilities on dec 5th can the school phyc determain if he has it??? he flaps his hands,he is sensitive to smells that it makes him vomit. he is afraid of soap. when he plays its been the same way since he was 2. same noises and movements. he can tell you every animal and dinosure and what they eat. when he is in class its very hard not to flap his hands or shake his pencil. he gets in trouble and doesnt understand why. i am fighting with my county right now to reinstate my insurance. i know it will begin soon, but what can the school do for him now. my baby tries so hard. he is 7 and been in kindergarden 2x and is suffering in first grade. what should i do until i can get him to the doctors?

Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

• 1 month later...

Hi nna,

In regards to Drs around NYC, we've seen a few and really like two:

Dr DeLaMora at Weill Cornell in Manhattan

Infectious Disease Specialist

http://www.cornellphysicians.com/pdelamora/

We felt like she looked at our son as an individual and took us very

seriously. She was the first Dr to tell us that while our son sort of

fits the profile he's atypical for xyz reasons. She just thought

outside the box and really explains everything. She told us she's not

100% convinced and while that's our temporary diagnosis she had a few

other hunches. She made us feel like we could finally take a deep

breath while going through all of this.

Dr Bonagura at Schneider's Children's Hospital in Great Neck

631-622-5070

Immunologist

We made an appt with him pretty far in advance. Since we had a wait we

heard about and made an appt with Dr Delamora above. When our appt

rolled around we figured we'd still visit him despite really liking Dr

DeLaMora just to see if he had any other insight. He was very much on

the same page as Dr DeLaMora. Also has a great beside manner. Thing we

liked about him is that his practice is very much a team approach. At

each visit our son was seen by a resident(think she was the head

resident - really, really like her!), a fellow and Dr Bonagura. They

have a team review all the cases and have everyone's input. They're

also perplexed by our son and since they've never seen a child with

his exact profile are researching to find other cases. Felt like they

also looked at him as an indivdual and just didn't plaster a

label on him then walk away.

Know some people use Dr Feder in CT. We're on LI so I knew we didn't

want to make the trip during a sick episode. Many people have raved

about him though if you're close enough. His contact info is in the

Files section I believe.

Hope this helps!

Vivian

Hi nna,

In regards to Drs around NYC, we've seen a few and really like two:

Dr DeLaMora at Weill Cornell in Manhattan

Infectious Disease Specialist

http://www.cornellphysicians.com/pdelamora/

We felt like she looked at our son as an individual and took us very

seriously. She was the first Dr to tell us that while our son sort of

fits the profile he's atypical for xyz reasons. She just thought

outside the box and really explains everything. She told us she's not

100% convinced and while that's our temporary diagnosis she had a few

other hunches. She made us feel like we could finally take a deep

breath while going through all of this.

Dr Bonagura at Schneider's Children's Hospital in Great Neck

631-622-5070

Immunologist

We made an appt with him pretty far in advance. Since we had a wait we

heard about and made an appt with Dr Delamora above. When our appt

rolled around we figured we'd still visit him despite really liking Dr

DeLaMora just to see if he had any other insight. He was very much on

the same page as Dr DeLaMora. Also has a great beside manner. Thing we

liked about him is that his practice is very much a team approach. At

each visit our son was seen by a resident(think she was the head

resident - really, really like her!), a fellow and Dr Bonagura. They

have a team review all the cases and have everyone's input. They're

also perplexed by our son and since they've never seen a child with

his exact profile are researching to find other cases. Felt like they

also looked at him as an indivdual and just didn't plaster a

label on him then walk away.

Know some people use Dr Feder in CT. We're on LI so I knew we didn't

want to make the trip during a sick episode. Many people have raved

about him though if you're close enough. His contact info is in the

Files section I believe.

Hope this helps!

Vivian

Hi Vivian,

We are in LI too! We live in Roslyn. Where are you? Thank you so much

for the info on the Doctors. I will making an apt at Schnieders soon.

That was great info! Maybe we should make a local support group w/ the

doctor at Schnieders or at least help him find others for research. I

was actually up again last night dreaming up ways to execute some

research on my own. I was thinking of writing up a questionaire for

all parents to cross refference simarlarities in our children.

For example, typical or atypical pregnancies, any known exposures to

toxins, denatal work, head trauma, medical histories etc etc. I long

to know so much more about all of this.

nna

where's the spell check on this thing?

(can't spell - victom of parachoil school!)

Hi Vivian,

nna

Hi Vivian,

nna

Regarding the prednisone, we give our daughter 1 - 1 1/2 tsp. per episode (she

weighs 42 lbs. now), and wait until the fever is about 102 F. We found if we

give it too early, before the fever spikes, the fever returns 1 -2 days later.

I like to give her the least amount possible and since there is no proof of the

exact amount to use, we go by less is better if it works. Our pediatrician

agrees.

We see Dr. Feder at CT Childrens Medical Center in Hartford, CT. He is the ID

doc there and works a lot with patients and research. He is terrific.

Hope this helps, and your son's fevers subside soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the group. :0). I'm also rather new to perfumery. I've

worked with essential and fragrance oils before, in the context of

making my own incense, or sabbat oils. My interests have turned to

natural and organic perfumes. I've always loved perfumes and I've got a

little bit of mad scientist in me and enjoy mixing and matching scents.

So I figured I'd give a try to making my own perfumes for my own

pleasure!

>

>

I'm here to learn and hopefully contribute! Thanks for letting me

join.

Have a nice day,

agd

Hi agd

Welcome...... Enjoy the files and archives for which there is so much

information there that you may go MIA for a while LOL....

Do join in with the discussions if you are unsure of anything just ask... some

helpful person will always answer and there are some great perfumers, body care

people etc here.. so jump in and enjoy.

Incense making is a wonderful art and soul inspiring..... there are a few here

in the group who have really gone into depth with this ..... I hope they will

pop their heads up and say hello...

Every good wish, Janita

Janita Haan Natural Perfume

Flowers of Myddfai project http://www.tiny.cc/flowers817

Janita's Attar http://www.janitasattars.blogspot.com

---------------------------------

Sent from & #45; a smarter inbox.

I haven't posted in a long, long time, but I still see the posts that come

across. Your daughter doesn't get a response from her posts because most kids

are too embarrassed to admit/talk about their OCD. There are a handful of

truly brave kids who will... but not many. That's really unfortunate, but

understandable.

My daughter is 16 yrs & was diagnosed approx. December of 2006. The last

year has been a whirlwind for us. Ups & down, etc. Point being - for many

kids, there is an end to it. For some, sadly there is not (yet).

My daughter went on meds (Prozac starting at 10mgs working her way up to

50mgs per day over a few months) then weaning herself off when the symptoms

disappeared & she has not had to go back to meds.

We still see some small evidence of OCD personality.... but nothing that is

life-altering. She worries more than she should about things she shouldn't

worry about. But that's about it. We try to keep things in check & do

understand that at any time in her life, any horrible/tragic/emotional change

could

bring it all rushing back.... we will just deal with it if/when it happens.

Good luck to you & the rest of the board members that I haven't conversed

with in so long.... nothing personal, but I hope I never need to talk to you

all again.....(and I hope the same for all of you...)

LT

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

I haven't posted in a long, long time, but I still see the posts that come

across. Your daughter doesn't get a response from her posts because most kids

are too embarrassed to admit/talk about their OCD. There are a handful of

truly brave kids who will... but not many. That's really unfortunate, but

understandable.

My daughter is 16 yrs & was diagnosed approx. December of 2006. The last

year has been a whirlwind for us. Ups & down, etc. Point being - for many

kids, there is an end to it. For some, sadly there is not (yet).

My daughter went on meds (Prozac starting at 10mgs working her way up to

50mgs per day over a few months) then weaning herself off when the symptoms

disappeared & she has not had to go back to meds.

We still see some small evidence of OCD personality.... but nothing that is

life-altering. She worries more than she should about things she shouldn't

worry about. But that's about it. We try to keep things in check & do

understand that at any time in her life, any horrible/tragic/emotional change

could

bring it all rushing back.... we will just deal with it if/when it happens.

Good luck to you & the rest of the board members that I haven't conversed

with in so long.... nothing personal, but I hope I never need to talk to you

all again.....(and I hope the same for all of you...)

LT

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

Heyyyyyyyy ((((LT))))

No offense taken (about not wanting to need to talk to us). Lol I

understand completely. Glad things are going so well for you.

BJ

>

>

>

> I haven't posted in a long, long time, but I still see the posts

that come

> across. Your daughter doesn't get a response from her posts because

most kids

> are too embarrassed to admit/talk about their OCD. There are a

handful of

> truly brave kids who will... but not many. That's really

unfortunate, but

> understandable.

>

> My daughter is 16 yrs & was diagnosed approx. December of 2006.

The last

> year has been a whirlwind for us. Ups & down, etc. Point being -

for many

> kids, there is an end to it. For some, sadly there is not (yet).

>

> My daughter went on meds (Prozac starting at 10mgs working her way

up to

> 50mgs per day over a few months) then weaning herself off when the

symptoms

> disappeared & she has not had to go back to meds.

>

> We still see some small evidence of OCD personality.... but nothing

that is

> life-altering. She worries more than she should about things she

shouldn't

> worry about. But that's about it. We try to keep things in check

& do

> understand that at any time in her life, any

horrible/tragic/emotional change could

> bring it all rushing back.... we will just deal with it if/when it

happens.

>

> Good luck to you & the rest of the board members that I haven't

conversed

> with in so long.... nothing personal, but I hope I never need to

talk to you

> all again.....(and I hope the same for all of you...)

> LT

>

>

>

> **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>

>

>

Hello, . Welcome. Glad you found us.

I was freaked the first time our son went on meds too. It is not

something to be taken lightly. I hid and cried, every day, for the

first week he was on them. But then something miraculous happened. .

They helped! And our son started to become himself again.

Our son was off of his meds for a while but went back on them a year

ago, after a BIG relapse. In our case they were absolutely needed to

get his anxiety down to the point that he could do the therapy. In

some cases they can go off of them and not need them after therapy. We

are hoping for that, although he is afraid to ever go off of them

again after relapsing so badly.

Typically, the SSRI antidepressants are prescribed for OCD. Our son

is on Celexa. Is your daughter making progress with the ERP? Does

the therapist think that could be making her anxiety go up? I've read

that can happen.

It's great that you've found someone who specializes in the treatment

of OCD. It can be hard to find them.

Keep us updated on how it goes. Again, welcome.

BJ

>

> Hello,

> This is my first post. My 12 year old daughter was diagnosed ocd

> last spring. We have been seeing a therapist that specializes in

> ocd. She's been working on exposure therapy, and learning relaxation

> techniques.

>

> My daughter doesn't have behavior issues. She's a loving, wonderful,

> kind, 'A' student. Unfortunately, her anxiety has has grown so much

> lately, that our therapist has suggested medication. I know nothing

> about medications for OCD, other than I wish we could avoid them.

>

> I know I'm not helping my daughter by dragging my feet in making a

> psychiatrist appointment. ly, I'm scared.

>

> I joined this group initially, because she wanted to be a part of the

> kids' group. She wants to " talk " with other kids that have this.

> Sadly, there isn't any traffic on the kids' site. She has made 3 or

> 4 posts, but isn't getting any response. She feels very alone. I

> asked our therapist, and I emailed another specialty clinic, in our

> area, about support groups for kids, but I haven't gotten any good

> information. All I've found so far are groups for adults.

>

> I'm greatful to be a part of this group. It's giving me a lot more

> insight.

>

> Blessings to all,

>

>