RemedySpot.com

Re: it's been a terrible few days

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,Thanks for asking. My poor mother; things are much better than they were, but I'm really pushing the idea of antifungal treatments. I don't think she'll get I have suggested Lyme again but I don't know, she doesn't seem to have the, supposed, typical Lyme symptoms. I am of the opinion that Lyme must be able to be transferred by a number of vectors other than ticks. I can't say it is my area of expertise, but it seems perfectly plausible to me that mites could transmit Lyme they have certainly been scientifically demonstrated to transmit quite a lot of other diseases. 

I have wondered whether the glittery bits could be exuviae, though perhaps they could be fungus related. Interesting that they are described by a large proportion of people infested by what we assume are bird mites.

Yes, I agree the Skype does keep changing & tools seem to vanish. You can always go on Skype forum & ask for help, I've learnt a lot of things about computers on there, very helpful.I hope you are doing well & feeling better than you were a few weeks ago when you started taking the new antibiotics.

All the best,KrysOn 27 October 2011 14:27, <Goldstein@...> wrote:

Hi Krys,Wonderful your daughter is over visiting from the UK.  How is your Mum doing?  Skype really does help when we are really missing our family.  I've had problems with trying to help friends set it up initially.  The new version of Skype does not have very many tools for figuring out what is going wrong in set up.  But I can use Skype successfully to a few friends and to my daughter.  It would be awful not to be able to see her and the grandchildren.  I wonder how much it costs to use Skype for conference calls... I remember my brother before he died tried to set that up with siblings but it never worked for us.  I'm sure that was probably because none of us are / were very tech oriented.  I couldn't find a good explanation on Google for what could go wrong in set up either.

Now I am also really wondering about the littery specks too... what in the world could they be. ???  Anyone have any speculation about that?

I keep six honest serving-men

(They taught me all I knew);

Their names are What and Why and When

And How and Where and Who.

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

Hi Krys,I don't know if Lyme is carried by mites and have never seen anything conclusive on that topic, although as you have said, they sure can carry plenty of other things. Other insects do carry Lyme. Fleas and biting flies are two right off the top. I think it is much less common, but it can happen. I don't know if your Mum has Lyme, but isn't it possible that she has picked up other coinfections maybe? Is she feeling unwell physically with the exception of biting, crawling sensations, etc. Did she ever get those red dots on the skin which are indicators of bartonella? Did she get those strange looking long marks that look like stretch marks? I had both of those and so did my husband . Again, those are bartonella. I don't know if any of us will know for sure what vectors brought us these disorders. I surely wonder here if the spider infestations we had yearly into the house may have brought some of this to us because possibly spiders carry some of these diseases as well. The first year the spiders were in the hundreds. Right now the spider traps seem to work to capture them and eventually kill them. Some of the spiders are very very tiny--all the same type. But the spider infestation happened at exactly the same time as the mite infestation in 2008. So many unknowns.I'm going to take your suggestion to check out some of the Skype forums. I tried helping a friend set up Skype and she could get it loaded on her computer, but we could not get the program activated. You know when you are on Skype there is a green light next to your name, but her light never came on and when I tried contacting her, the call would never go through. Maybe she set it up wrong there... I just don't know, but my friend Inge had the same problem and can't call on Skype to Germany any more.From: "Krys Brennand" <krys109uk@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:29:14 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Hi ,Thanks for asking. My poor mother; things are much better than they were, but I'm really pushing the idea of antifungal treatments. I don't think she'll get I have suggested Lyme again but I don't know, she doesn't seem to have the, supposed, typical Lyme symptoms. I am of the opinion that Lyme must be able to be transferred by a number of vectors other than ticks. I can't say it is my area of expertise, but it seems perfectly plausible to me that mites could transmit Lyme they have certainly been scientifically demonstrated to transmit quite a lot of other diseases.

I have wondered whether the glittery bits could be exuviae, though perhaps they could be fungus related. Interesting that they are described by a large proportion of people infested by what we assume are bird mites.

Yes, I agree the Skype does keep changing & tools seem to vanish. You can always go on Skype forum & ask for help, I've learnt a lot of things about computers on there, very helpful.I hope you are doing well & feeling better than you were a few weeks ago when you started taking the new antibiotics.

Hi Krys,Wonderful your daughter is over visiting from the UK. How is your Mum doing? Skype really does help when we are really missing our family. I've had problems with trying to help friends set it up initially. The new version of Skype does not have very many tools for figuring out what is going wrong in set up. But I can use Skype successfully to a few friends and to my daughter. It would be awful not to be able to see her and the grandchildren. I wonder how much it costs to use Skype for conference calls... I remember my brother before he died tried to set that up with siblings but it never worked for us. I'm sure that was probably because none of us are / were very tech oriented. I couldn't find a good explanation on Google for what could go wrong in set up either.

Now I am also really wondering about the littery specks too... what in the world could they be. ??? Anyone have any speculation about that?

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

I forgot to say Krys that after the first few weeks on the antibiotics I'm doing better. I had to change the Doxy pills to caps - easier on the stomach. I also understand they do make time release Doxy which works better in the intestines and does not dissolve in the stomach. Some of the Lyme doctors have some good tricks to help with nausea. Right now I'm working on getting rid of the Bartonella and that is my big objective! Hugs! Did you have a wonderful summer?From: Goldstein@...To: bird mites Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:28:01 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Hi Krys,I don't know if Lyme is carried by mites and have never seen anything conclusive on that topic, although as you have said, they sure can carry plenty of other things. Other insects do carry Lyme. Fleas and biting flies are two right off the top. I think it is much less common, but it can happen. I don't know if your Mum has Lyme, but isn't it possible that she has picked up other coinfections maybe? Is she feeling unwell physically with the exception of biting, crawling sensations, etc. Did she ever get those red dots on the skin which are indicators of bartonella? Did she get those strange looking long marks that look like stretch marks? I had both of those and so did my husband . Again, those are bartonella. I don't know if any of us will know for sure what vectors brought us these disorders. I surely wonder here if the spider infestations we had yearly into the house may have brought some of this to us because possibly spiders carry some of these diseases as well. The first year the spiders were in the hundreds. Right now the spider traps seem to work to capture them and eventually kill them. Some of the spiders are very very tiny--all the same type. But the spider infestation happened at exactly the same time as the mite infestation in 2008. So many unknowns.I'm going to take your suggestion to check out some of the Skype forums. I tried helping a friend set up Skype and she could get it loaded on her computer, but we could not get the program activated. You know when you are on Skype there is a green light next to your name, but her light never came on and when I tried contacting her, the call would never go through. Maybe she set it up wrong there... I just don't know, but my friend Inge had the same problem and can't call on Skype to Germany any more.From: "Krys Brennand" <krys109uk@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:29:14 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Hi Krys,Wonderful your daughter is over visiting from the UK. How is your Mum doing? Skype really does help when we are really missing our family. I've had problems with trying to help friends set it up initially. The new version of Skype does not have very many tools for figuring out what is going wrong in set up. But I can use Skype successfully to a few friends and to my daughter. It would be awful not to be able to see her and the grandchildren. I wonder how much it costs to use Skype for conference calls... I remember my brother before he died tried to set that up with siblings but it never worked for us. I'm sure that was probably because none of us are / were very tech oriented. I couldn't find a good explanation on Google for what could go wrong in set up either.

Now I am also really wondering about the littery specks too... what in the world could they be. ??? Anyone have any speculation about that?

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

Krys,You know that Aandraya lives in Minnesota too. From: Goldstein@...To: bird mites Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:28:01 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

Once I installed Google video chat, I could never find a button to call someoneAnother friend swears by it and talks with her hubby and daughter nightly From: Krys Brennand <krys109uk@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:46 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Hello, My mother had/has the glittery specks. I wonder what they are.I'm just trying to catch up with my emails. My daughter is over from UK so am enjoying spending time with her.We usually all stay in contact via Skype & Google voice, google voice is cheaper to calls to UK mobiles but skype seems more versatile. Both can be used via landlines & cost less than 2c per min to US to UK landlines. Skype does conference calling & multi video calling; google voice may do that also but I don't know. There are loads of VOIP systems which do you recommend?

All the best,KrysOn 27 October 2011 10:27, <Goldstein@...> wrote:

Hi dear Aggi,I never did have the glittery specs talked about... I wonder why not??? I know you, and so many others have talked about the glittery specs.

If we are still able to do the conference call, next time we have a call we will plan ahead so that you can be a part. It was a last minute thing, so hopefully we will have better information about a company we can use for free and how to do it from Europe with times that work for you and/or Cecilia. I call my daughter all the time TO GERMANY, and it costs me about $.03/minute, quite reasonable, but your phone company may charge considerably more per minute. I suspect that it does.

P.S. Wish I were there with you and daughter for your harvest festivals, Octoberfest and Christmas Markets! Those are the best ever! I wonder if they have Christmas Markets in Sweden too?

Hugs and more hugs! From: "Aggi Assmann" <aggi_assmann@...>bird mites

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:09:52 AMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

I had the glittery specs too and still have a few. I do not know if they are only visible on fabrics, because I only ever have noticed them on my car seats and on the couch, nowhere else. I remember used to have them as well.

Von: Kajay109 <kajay109@...>An: "bird mites " <bird mites >

Gesendet: 20:29 Dienstag, 4.Oktober 2011 Betreff: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Someone said it is a fungus - a mycelium - that has the irridescent glow, and it gets ON other things and critters, they said. BTW those with can search their email for keywords. More reliable than searching within a group's archives.

kajay

Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:19 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

No, maybe mold or biproducts of some organism.

On Oct 4, 2011, at 9:18 AM, Marilyn Bentley <colly_miller@...> wrote:

Do you know what they are?

From: Marilyn Bentley <colly_miller@...>Subject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

bird mites Date: Saturday, Sep

--

Rudyard Kipling

HI,!We had the glittery specks as well, never knew what they were.CeciliaFrom: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:27 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Hi Krys,Wonderful your daughter is over visiting from the UK. How is your Mum doing? Skype really does help when we are really missing our family. I've had problems with trying to help friends set it up initially. The new version of Skype does not have very many tools for figuring out what is going wrong in set up. But I can use Skype successfully to a few friends and to my daughter. It would be awful not to be able to see her and the grandchildren. I wonder how much it costs to use Skype for conference calls... I remember my brother before he died tried to set that up with siblings but it never worked for us. I'm sure that was probably because none of us are / were very tech oriented. I couldn't find a good explanation on Google for what could go wrong in set up either.Now I am also really

wondering about the littery specks too... what in the world could they be. ??? Anyone have any speculation about that?From: "Krys Brennand" <krys109uk@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:46:13 AMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Hello, My mother had/has the glittery specks. I wonder what they are.I'm just trying to catch up with my emails. My daughter is over from UK so am enjoying spending time with her.We usually all stay in contact via Skype & Google voice, google voice is cheaper to calls to UK mobiles but skype seems more versatile. Both can be used via landlines & cost less than 2c per min to US to UK landlines. Skype does conference calling & multi video calling; google voice may do that also but I don't know. There are loads of VOIP systems which do you recommend?

All the best,KrysOn 27 October 2011 10:27, <Goldstein@...> wrote:

Hi dear Aggi,I never did have the glittery specs talked about... I wonder why not??? I know you, and so many others have talked about the glittery specs.

If we are still able to do the conference call, next time we have a call we will plan ahead so that you can be a part. It was a last minute thing, so hopefully we will have better information about a company we can use for free and how to do it from Europe with times that work for you and/or Cecilia. I call my daughter all the time TO GERMANY, and it costs me about $.03/minute, quite reasonable, but your phone company may charge considerably more per minute. I suspect that it does.

P.S. Wish I were there with you and daughter for your harvest festivals, Octoberfest and Christmas Markets! Those are the best ever! I wonder if they have Christmas Markets in Sweden too?

Hugs and more hugs! From: "Aggi Assmann" <aggi_assmann@...>bird mites

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:09:52 AMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

I had the glittery specs too and still have a few. I do not know if they are only visible on fabrics, because I only ever have noticed them on my car seats and on the couch, nowhere else. I remember used to have them as well.

Von: Kajay109 <kajay109@...>An: "bird mites " <bird mites >

Gesendet: 20:29 Dienstag, 4.Oktober 2011 Betreff: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Someone said it is a fungus - a mycelium - that has the irridescent glow, and it gets ON other things and critters, they said. BTW those with can search their email for keywords. More reliable than searching within a group's archives.

kajay

Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:19 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

From: Marilyn Bentley <colly_miller@...>Subject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

bird mites@...: Saturday, Sep

--

Rudyard Kipling

Hi.,LInda!It would have been great if we lived closer and could meet up all of us:)Yes we do have lovely Christmas markets over here in the cold as well:)Lots of loveCeciliaFrom: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:27 PMSubject: Re: Re:

it's been a terrible few days

Hi dear Aggi,I never did have the glittery specs talked about... I wonder why not??? I know you, and so many others have talked about the glittery specs.If we are still able to do the conference call, next time we have a call we will plan ahead so that you can be a part. It was a last minute thing, so hopefully we will have better information about a company we can use for free and how to do it from Europe with times that work for you and/or Cecilia. I call my daughter all the time TO GERMANY, and it costs me about $.03/minute, quite reasonable, but your phone company may charge considerably more per minute. I suspect that it does.P.S. Wish I were there with you and daughter for your harvest festivals, Octoberfest and Christmas Markets! Those are the

best ever! I wonder if they have Christmas Markets in Sweden too?Hugs and more hugs! From: "Aggi Assmann" <aggi_assmann@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:09:52 AMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Von: Kajay109 <kajay109@...>An: "bird mites " <bird mites >Gesendet: 20:29 Dienstag, 4.Oktober 2011 Betreff: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

kajay

From: Aandraya <aandraya@...>"bird mites " <bird mites >Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:19 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

From: Marilyn Bentley <colly_miller@...>Subject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few daysbird mites Date: Saturday,

Sep/

tr>

Hi ,No my mother has not had that type of symptom. I have never heard of any research on whether bird mites carry Lyme. I was a bit surprised to read that there was research demonstrating Lyme carried by dust mites.....did I get that right? Sounds illogical to me because dust mites do not bite for blood. I'd also never heard about fleas carrying it....but it does not seem too surprising.

It seems odd that a few people have mentioned a large number of spiders seemingly attracted to their house. I wonder what causes that. We always have quite a lot of spiders it seems but that's because we always live in rural areas. I suppose it depends upon what is a " normal " number of spiders. Could it be the spiders were attracted by the mites? Were they small enough to be eating the mites?

I'm glad to hear you are now feeling better. All the best,KrysOn 27 October 2011 16:28, <Goldstein@...> wrote:

Hi Krys,I don't know if Lyme is carried by mites and have never seen anything conclusive on that topic, although as you have said, they sure can carry plenty of other things.  Other insects do carry Lyme.  Fleas and biting flies are two right off the top.  I think it is much less common, but it can happen.  I don't know if your Mum has Lyme, but isn't it possible that she has picked up other coinfections maybe?  Is she feeling unwell physically with the exception of biting, crawling sensations, etc.  Did she ever get those red dots on the skin which are indicators of bartonella?  Did she get those strange looking long marks that look like stretch marks?  I had both of those and so did my husband .  Again, those are bartonella.  I don't know if any of us will know for sure what vectors brought us these disorders.  I surely wonder here if the spider infestations we had yearly into the house may have brought some of this to us because possibly spiders carry some of these diseases as well.  The first year the spiders were in the hundreds.  Right now the spider traps seem to work to capture them and eventually kill them.  Some of the spiders are very very tiny--all the same type.  But the spider infestation happened at exactly the same time as the mite infestation in 2008.  So many unknowns.

I'm going to take your suggestion to check out some of the Skype forums.  I tried helping a friend set up Skype and she could get it loaded on her computer, but we could not get the program activated.  You know when you are on Skype there is a green light next to your name, but her light never came on and when I tried contacting her, the call would never go through.  Maybe she set it up wrong there... I just don't know, but my friend Inge had the same problem and can't call on Skype to Germany any more.

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:29:14 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Hi Krys,Wonderful your daughter is over visiting from the UK.  How is your Mum doing?  Skype really does help when we are really missing our family.  I've had problems with trying to help friends set it up initially.  The new version of Skype does not have very many tools for figuring out what is going wrong in set up.  But I can use Skype successfully to a few friends and to my daughter.  It would be awful not to be able to see her and the grandchildren.  I wonder how much it costs to use Skype for conference calls... I remember my brother before he died tried to set that up with siblings but it never worked for us.  I'm sure that was probably because none of us are / were very tech oriented.  I couldn't find a good explanation on Google for what could go wrong in set up either.

Now I am also really wondering about the littery specks too... what in the world could they be. ???  Anyone have any speculation about that?

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

I think it was bartonella that they found in dust mites.On Oct 28, 2011, at 6:29 AM, Krys Brennand <krys109uk@...> wrote:

Hi ,No my mother has not had that type of symptom. I have never heard of any research on whether bird mites carry Lyme. I was a bit surprised to read that there was research demonstrating Lyme carried by dust mites.....did I get that right? Sounds illogical to me because dust mites do not bite for blood. I'd also never heard about fleas carrying it....but it does not seem too surprising.

It seems odd that a few people have mentioned a large number of spiders seemingly attracted to their house. I wonder what causes that. We always have quite a lot of spiders it seems but that's because we always live in rural areas. I suppose it depends upon what is a "normal" number of spiders. Could it be the spiders were attracted by the mites? Were they small enough to be eating the mites?

I'm glad to hear you are now feeling better. All the best,KrysOn 27 October 2011 16:28, <Goldstein@...> wrote:

Hi Krys,I don't know if Lyme is carried by mites and have never seen anything conclusive on that topic, although as you have said, they sure can carry plenty of other things. Other insects do carry Lyme. Fleas and biting flies are two right off the top. I think it is much less common, but it can happen. I don't know if your Mum has Lyme, but isn't it possible that she has picked up other coinfections maybe? Is she feeling unwell physically with the exception of biting, crawling sensations, etc. Did she ever get those red dots on the skin which are indicators of bartonella? Did she get those strange looking long marks that look like stretch marks? I had both of those and so did my husband . Again, those are bartonella. I don't know if any of us will know for sure what vectors brought us these disorders. I surely wonder here if the spider infestations we had yearly into the house may have brought some of this to us because possibly spiders carry some of these diseases as well. The first year the spiders were in the hundreds. Right now the spider traps seem to work to capture them and eventually kill them. Some of the spiders are very very tiny--all the same type. But the spider infestation happened at exactly the same time as the mite infestation in 2008. So many unknowns.

I'm going to take your suggestion to check out some of the Skype forums. I tried helping a friend set up Skype and she could get it loaded on her computer, but we could not get the program activated. You know when you are on Skype there is a green light next to your name, but her light never came on and when I tried contacting her, the call would never go through. Maybe she set it up wrong there... I just don't know, but my friend Inge had the same problem and can't call on Skype to Germany any more.

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:29:14 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

Yes, that is right, it was not Lyme, it was Bartonella in dust mites. From: "Aandraya" <aandraya@...>bird mites Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 3:58:32 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

I think it was bartonella that they found in dust mites.On Oct 28, 2011, at 6:29 AM, Krys Brennand <krys109uk@...> wrote:

It seems odd that a few people have mentioned a large number of spiders seemingly attracted to their house. I wonder what causes that. We always have quite a lot of spiders it seems but that's because we always live in rural areas. I suppose it depends upon what is a "normal" number of spiders. Could it be the spiders were attracted by the mites? Were they small enough to be eating the mites?

I'm glad to hear you are now feeling better. All the best,KrysOn 27 October 2011 16:28, <Goldstein@...> wrote:

Hi Krys,I don't know if Lyme is carried by mites and have never seen anything conclusive on that topic, although as you have said, they sure can carry plenty of other things. Other insects do carry Lyme. Fleas and biting flies are two right off the top. I think it is much less common, but it can happen. I don't know if your Mum has Lyme, but isn't it possible that she has picked up other coinfections maybe? Is she feeling unwell physically with the exception of biting, crawling sensations, etc. Did she ever get those red dots on the skin which are indicators of bartonella? Did she get those strange looking long marks that look like stretch marks? I had both of those and so did my husband . Again, those are bartonella. I don't know if any of us will know for sure what vectors brought us these disorders. I surely wonder here if the spider infestations we had yearly into the house may have brought some of this to us because possibly spiders carry some of these diseases as well. The first year the spiders were in the hundreds. Right now the spider traps seem to work to capture them and eventually kill them. Some of the spiders are very very tiny--all the same type. But the spider infestation happened at exactly the same time as the mite infestation in 2008. So many unknowns.

I'm going to take your suggestion to check out some of the Skype forums. I tried helping a friend set up Skype and she could get it loaded on her computer, but we could not get the program activated. You know when you are on Skype there is a green light next to your name, but her light never came on and when I tried contacting her, the call would never go through. Maybe she set it up wrong there... I just don't know, but my friend Inge had the same problem and can't call on Skype to Germany any more.

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

It is interesting either way, but how do they pass Bartonella to humans if they don't bite them?KrysOn 28 October 2011 18:47, <Goldstein@...> wrote:

Yes, that is right, it was not Lyme, it was Bartonella in dust mites.  From: " Aandraya " <aandraya@...>

bird mites Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 3:58:32 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

It seems odd that a few people have mentioned a large number of spiders seemingly attracted to their house. I wonder what causes that. We always have quite a lot of spiders it seems but that's because we always live in rural areas. I suppose it depends upon what is a " normal " number of spiders. Could it be the spiders were attracted by the mites? Were they small enough to be eating the mites?

I'm glad to hear you are now feeling better. All the best,KrysOn 27 October 2011 16:28, <Goldstein@...> wrote:

Hi Krys,I don't know if Lyme is carried by mites and have never seen anything conclusive on that topic, although as you have said, they sure can carry plenty of other things.  Other insects do carry Lyme.  Fleas and biting flies are two right off the top.  I think it is much less common, but it can happen.  I don't know if your Mum has Lyme, but isn't it possible that she has picked up other coinfections maybe?  Is she feeling unwell physically with the exception of biting, crawling sensations, etc.  Did she ever get those red dots on the skin which are indicators of bartonella?  Did she get those strange looking long marks that look like stretch marks?  I had both of those and so did my husband .  Again, those are bartonella.  I don't know if any of us will know for sure what vectors brought us these disorders.  I surely wonder here if the spider infestations we had yearly into the house may have brought some of this to us because possibly spiders carry some of these diseases as well.  The first year the spiders were in the hundreds.  Right now the spider traps seem to work to capture them and eventually kill them.  Some of the spiders are very very tiny--all the same type.  But the spider infestation happened at exactly the same time as the mite infestation in 2008.  So many unknowns.

I'm going to take your suggestion to check out some of the Skype forums.  I tried helping a friend set up Skype and she could get it loaded on her computer, but we could not get the program activated.  You know when you are on Skype there is a green light next to your name, but her light never came on and when I tried contacting her, the call would never go through.  Maybe she set it up wrong there... I just don't know, but my friend Inge had the same problem and can't call on Skype to Germany any more.

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

--

Rudyard Kipling

http://www.personalconsult.com/bartonella/publichealthalertv2no8.pdf

> >>

> >>>

> >>> Hi Krys,

> >>>

> >>> Wonderful your daughter is over visiting from the UK. How is your Mum

> >>> doing? Skype really does help when we are really missing our family.

I've

> >>> had problems with trying to help friends set it up initially. The new

> >>> version of Skype does not have very many tools for figuring out what is

> >>> going wrong in set up. But I can use Skype successfully to a few friends

> >>> and to my daughter. It would be awful not to be able to see her and the

> >>> grandchildren. I wonder how much it costs to use Skype for conference

> >>> calls... I remember my brother before he died tried to set that up with

> >>> siblings but it never worked for us. I'm sure that was probably because

> >>> none of us are / were very tech oriented. I couldn't find a good

> >>> explanation on Google for what could go wrong in set up either.

> >>>

> >>> Now I am also really wondering about the littery specks too... what in

> >>> the world could they be. ??? Anyone have any speculation about that?

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> I keep six honest serving-men

> >>> (They taught me all I knew);

> >>> Their names are What and Why and When

> >>> And How and Where and Who.

> >>>

> >>> *Rudyard Kipling*

> >>>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> --

> >>

> >> I keep six honest serving-men

> >> (They taught me all I knew);

> >> Their names are What and Why and When

> >> And How and Where and Who.

> >>

> >> *Rudyard Kipling*

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> >

> > I keep six honest serving-men

> > (They taught me all I knew);

> > Their names are What and Why and When

> > And How and Where and Who.

> >

> > *Rudyard Kipling*

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

>

> I keep six honest serving-men

> (They taught me all I knew);

> Their names are What and Why and When

> And How and Where and Who.

>

> *Rudyard Kipling*

>

http://www.publichealthalert.org/

> > >>

> > >>>

> > >>> Hi Krys,

> > >>>

> > >>> Wonderful your daughter is over visiting from the UK. How is your Mum

> > >>> doing? Skype really does help when we are really missing our family.

I've

> > >>> had problems with trying to help friends set it up initially. The new

> > >>> version of Skype does not have very many tools for figuring out what is

> > >>> going wrong in set up. But I can use Skype successfully to a few

friends

> > >>> and to my daughter. It would be awful not to be able to see her and the

> > >>> grandchildren. I wonder how much it costs to use Skype for conference

> > >>> calls... I remember my brother before he died tried to set that up with

> > >>> siblings but it never worked for us. I'm sure that was probably because

> > >>> none of us are / were very tech oriented. I couldn't find a good

> > >>> explanation on Google for what could go wrong in set up either.

> > >>>

> > >>> Now I am also really wondering about the littery specks too... what in

> > >>> the world could they be. ??? Anyone have any speculation about that?

> > >>>

> > >>>

> > >>>

> > >>>

> > >>> I keep six honest serving-men

> > >>> (They taught me all I knew);

> > >>> Their names are What and Why and When

> > >>> And How and Where and Who.

> > >>>

> > >>> *Rudyard Kipling*

> > >>>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> --

> > >>

> > >> I keep six honest serving-men

> > >> (They taught me all I knew);

> > >> Their names are What and Why and When

> > >> And How and Where and Who.

> > >>

> > >> *Rudyard Kipling*

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > >

> > > I keep six honest serving-men

> > > (They taught me all I knew);

> > > Their names are What and Why and When

> > > And How and Where and Who.

> > >

> > > *Rudyard Kipling*

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> >

> >

> > *Rudyard Kipling*

> >

>

http://www.publichealthalert.org/

> > >>

> > >>>

> > >>> Hi Krys,

> > >>>

> > >>> Wonderful your daughter is over visiting from the UK. How is your Mum

> > >>> doing? Skype really does help when we are really missing our family.

I've

> > >>> had problems with trying to help friends set it up initially. The new

> > >>> version of Skype does not have very many tools for figuring out what is

> > >>> going wrong in set up. But I can use Skype successfully to a few

friends

> > >>> and to my daughter. It would be awful not to be able to see her and the

> > >>> grandchildren. I wonder how much it costs to use Skype for conference

> > >>> calls... I remember my brother before he died tried to set that up with

> > >>> siblings but it never worked for us. I'm sure that was probably because

> > >>> none of us are / were very tech oriented. I couldn't find a good

> > >>> explanation on Google for what could go wrong in set up either.

> > >>>

> > >>> Now I am also really wondering about the littery specks too... what in

> > >>> the world could they be. ??? Anyone have any speculation about that?

> > >>>

> > >>>

> > >>>

> > >>>

> > >>> I keep six honest serving-men

> > >>> (They taught me all I knew);

> > >>> Their names are What and Why and When

> > >>> And How and Where and Who.

> > >>>

> > >>> *Rudyard Kipling*

> > >>>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> --

> > >>

> > >> I keep six honest serving-men

> > >> (They taught me all I knew);

> > >> Their names are What and Why and When

> > >> And How and Where and Who.

> > >>

> > >> *Rudyard Kipling*

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > >

> > > I keep six honest serving-men

> > > (They taught me all I knew);

> > > Their names are What and Why and When

> > > And How and Where and Who.

> > >

> > > *Rudyard Kipling*

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> >

> >

> > *Rudyard Kipling*

> >

>

Thank you Marie. I listened to about 4 hours of streaming ILADS conference today and was particularly interested in talk by Dr. Green, MD who spoke about coinfections. Is it always tick born? No. Often spiders she says... Bartonella is angiogenisis, causing tumor lesions, ulcerative lesions, rashes, and vets often get sick with it from animals infected brought in for treatment. Causes so many symptoms, many of which are psychiatric... horrible anger and rage, insomnia and on and on. Anyway, the timing of this link was good. I want to understand what it is I have... so many with LD have Bart and Babesia too, not to mention other coinfections. There are many different types of Bart... Thanks friend. Hope you are feeling a bit better.From: "healinghope" <mfrreman@...>bird mites Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 5:59:57 PMSubject: Re: it's been a terrible few days

> >>

> >>>

> >>> Hi Krys,

> >>>

> >>> doing? Skype really does help when we are really missing our family. I've

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> *Rudyard Kipling*

> >>>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> --

> >>

> >>

> >> *Rudyard Kipling*

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> >

> >

> > *Rudyard Kipling*

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

>

>

> *Rudyard Kipling*

>

I wish the whole article had been there... From: Goldstein@...To: bird mites Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 6:13:32 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Thank you Marie. I listened to about 4 hours of streaming ILADS conference today and was particularly interested in talk by Dr. Green, MD who spoke about coinfections. Is it always tick born? No. Often spiders she says... Bartonella is angiogenisis, causing tumor lesions, ulcerative lesions, rashes, and vets often get sick with it from animals infected brought in for treatment. Causes so many symptoms, many of which are psychiatric... horrible anger and rage, insomnia and on and on. Anyway, the timing of this link was good. I want to understand what it is I have... so many with LD have Bart and Babesia too, not to mention other coinfections. There are many different types of Bart... Thanks friend. Hope you are feeling a bit better.From: "healinghope" <mfrreman@...>bird mites Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 5:59:57 PMSubject: Re: it's been a terrible few days

> >>

> >>>

> >>> Hi Krys,

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> *Rudyard Kipling*

> >>>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> --

> >>

> >>

> >> *Rudyard Kipling*

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> >

> >

> > *Rudyard Kipling*

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

>

>

> *Rudyard Kipling*

>

The study wasn't about them passing it to humans, just that they carry the bacteria. Not sure if there are any documented cases of dust mites infecting people. Maybe through a cut or if they breath them in.AandrayaOn Oct 28, 2011, at 7:59 PM, healinghope <mfrreman@...> wrote:

> >>

> >>>

> >>> Hi Krys,

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> *Rudyard Kipling*

> >>>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> --

> >>

> >>

> >> *Rudyard Kipling*

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> >

> >

> > *Rudyard Kipling*

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

>

>

> *Rudyard Kipling*

>

Many organisms carry bartonella according to what I heard today at the streaming ILADS conference. Most of these organisms never come in contact with human beings. But they still carry the bacteria. From: "Aandraya" <aandraya@...>bird mites Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 10:13:06 PMSubject: Re: Re: it's been a terrible few days

The study wasn't about them passing it to humans, just that they carry the bacteria. Not sure if there are any documented cases of dust mites infecting people. Maybe through a cut or if they breath them in.AandrayaOn Oct 28, 2011, at 7:59 PM, healinghope <mfrreman@...> wrote:

> >>

> >>>

> >>> Hi Krys,

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>>

> >>> *Rudyard Kipling*

> >>>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> --

> >>

> >>

> >> *Rudyard Kipling*

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> >

> >

> > *Rudyard Kipling*

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

>

>

> *Rudyard Kipling*

>

Thanks Marie. All very valuable info. So we still have the question as to whether or not mites transmit LD. I still don't know the answer to that. From: "healinghope" <mfrreman@...>bird mites Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:44:32 AMSubject: Re: it's been a terrible few days

Some very important information has recently become available about the spread and magnitude of the problem with Lyme Disease. The severity of the Lyme illness is related to the spirochete load in the patient. Few spirochetes produce mild or asymptomatic infection. A study from Switzerland in 1998 pointed out that only 12.5 % of patients testing positive for Bb had developed symptoms. A German boy developed Lyme arthritis 5 years after his tick bite. Often mycoplasmal infections remain without symptoms until the victim suffers a traumatic event (stress, injury, accident etc.) These stressing events enable the mycoplasma to begin consumption of cholesterol and symptoms may begin to present. The mechanism of this deterioration is thought to be suppression of the immune system secondary to stress.

Many patients with LD have concomitant infections with other parasites (Ehrlichia in white blood cells and Babesia in red blood cells) Some patients have all 3 parasites. Each requires a different therapy with Babesia being particularly difficult to eradicate. Recently, Artemisinin appears effective in Babesia infections. All co-infections must be eliminated .to obtain a successful result.

Dr. Joanne Whitaker relates that nearly every patient with Parkinson's Disease (PD). has tested positive for Bb. Dr. Louis Romero reports that 3 patients with PD are 99 % better after TAO-free cat's claw (Uncaria tomentosa) therapy. When Dr. Mattman cultured 25 patients with fibromyalgia all subjects had positive cultures for the CWD Bb. which causes LD. She relates that Bb can be found in tears and could thus easily appear on the hands where touching could spread LD. Several families are now documented where nearly every family member is infected. How sick the individual patient becomes probably relates to their initial spirochete dose, immune system, detoxification capability and stress levels.

Transmission of the disease has been clearly documented after bites by fleas, mites mosquitoes and ticks. There is compelling evidence that Lyme disease (LD) can be spread by sexual and congenital transfer. One physician has cared for 5000 children with LD. 240 of these children were born with the disease. Dr. Ray , the leading pediatric specialist on Lyme Disease, has found 12 breast fed children who have developed LD. Miscarriage, premature births, stillborn, birth defects, and transplacental infection of the fetus have all been reported. Studies at the Univ. of Vienna have found Bb in urine and breast milk of LD mothers.

Researchers at the Univ. of Wisconsin have reported that dairy cattle can be infected with Bb hence milk could be contaminated. Bb can also be transmitted to lab animals by oral intake such as food.

The Sacramento, California blood bank beleives that LD can be spread by blood transfusions. The CDC (Center for Disease Control) in Atlanta, Georgia states that their data indicates that Bb can survive without detection by the blood processing techniques used for transfusions in the U.S.

Lyme Disease is the fastest growing epidemic in the world. LD is grossly underreported so there may be far more than the 200,000 cases reported annually in the U.S. Dr.Harvey and Salvato estimate that 1 billion persons in the world may be infected with LD. LD is thought to be a contributing factor in 50 % of patients who have chronic illness.

Dr. Joanne Whitaker, a Lyme disease victim from childhood, has developed a reliable test for the presence of Lyme disease. This test looks for the Bb organism, not antibodies, and is able to identify the cell wall deficient (CWD) form of the spirochete as well as the actual Bb organism. The test is called Q-RIBb which stands for quantitative rapid identification of Bb. Dr. Lida Mattman has confirmed that Dr. Whitaker's test is sensitive because there has been a 100 % correlation between a postive culture of Bb by Dr. Mattman's lab and a postive Q-RIBb test from Dr. Whitaker's Laboratory.

> >

> > Hi Krys,

> >

> > Wonderful your daughter is over visiting from the UK. How is your

> > Mum doing? Skype really does help when we are really missing our

> > family. I've had problems with trying to help friends set it up

> > initially. The new version of Skype does not have very many tools

> > for figuring out what is going wrong in set up. But I can use Skype

> > successfully to a few friends and to my daughter. It would be awful

> > not to be able to see her and the grandchildren. I wonder how much

> > it costs to use Skype for conference calls... I remember my brother

> > before he died tried to set that up with siblings but it never

> > worked for us. I'm sure that was probably because none of us are /

> > were very tech oriented. I couldn't find a good explanation on

> > Google for what could go wrong in set up either.

> >

> > Now I am also really wondering about the littery specks too... what

> > in the world could they be. ??? Anyone have any speculation about

> > that?

> >

> >

> >

> >