RemedySpot.com

Checking in...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Turk...and fellow zappers!! I am ok, not fantastic...but, well enough to complain.

Been busy with school activities and searching for a part-time job to help with bills that seem to multiply when my back is turned!

Feeling pretty darn good! Just tired.....guess the blood preassure has been abnormally low...I am just glad I have one!!

I follow the list faithfully and think of everyone who has been feeling poorly...hope you get back on your feet soon.

love,

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

---Hey catnip!!!! nice to see you! I just got back here too!

kathi

In , " Dani " <Catnip-33@i...> wrote:

> Hello all, It's been a while. How is everyone? 'bout the same here.

> Still love my EFL book!! Some of my faves are:

> page 84 spinch & mushrooms

> page 87 santa fe chicken soup

> page 105 goulash

> I hated the soybeans with pods!!!!! nasty!!!!!

> Hope everyone is going good.

>

> Dani

Guest guest

Hey girl!! How's it goin? same old thing. glad to hear from you.

Dani

> > Hello all, It's been a while. How is everyone? 'bout the same

here.

> > Still love my EFL book!! Some of my faves are:

> > page 84 spinch & mushrooms

> > page 87 santa fe chicken soup

> > page 105 goulash

> > I hated the soybeans with pods!!!!! nasty!!!!!

> > Hope everyone is going good.

> >

> > Dani

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Becki, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. Take care of

yourself. I think I heard it said that 80% of the transformation is

food, about 18% is exercise and the last 2% is supplements (or

something like that). If you can manage to keep your meals in-

check, I wouldnt fret too much about the exercise. You might not

have a chance to squeeze it all in given the travelling & family

visiting & circumstances. Definitely dont beat yourself up over it.

If you think you can manage some kind of exercise, you could do

bodyweight circuits (pushups, dips, lower back raises on the floor,

lunges, squats, calf raises, etc). If you can squeeze in a run,

skipping rope that's a way to get some HIIT. Or just try to get

some type of activity, like a 20-30 min walk each day to keep things

moving and clear your head. These are all just suggestions.

And I just noticed, it is only 3 days! If you end up relaxing on

the diet and exercise, just count it as a way to boost your

metabolism back up, and start in again when you get back.

Take care,

>

> I'll be leaving Friday for the weekend. My grandma died and we're

> flying her back to MO to bury her next to my grandpa. My parents

are

> unable to travel so my son and I are driving back Friday. We'll

be

> gone from Friday to Monday. My free day in Monday.

>

> I will probably rely on shakes and bars. I don't know what to do

> about the workouts.

>

> any advice?

>

> Thanks!!!

> Becki

>

Guest guest

>

> I will probably rely on shakes and bars. I don't know what to do

> about the workouts.

>

Becki,

I'm sorry for you loss. If it were me, I wouldn't worry to much about

the workouts. You'll have enough to deal with.

Colleen M

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Just a note to let you know that my Tom is doing great. We have discovered that his tiredness is because of his Sotalol. So we will discuss that at his next Dr. visit. He has not had any shocks... thank goodness.

Finally got my blood pressure/high heart rate under control with Toprol and Lisinopril.

And best of all, our 20 year old daughter moved to her own place, so private time is easier to come by now....

So, all in all, all is well in Oklahoma.

Debbie, Tom's wife in Oklahoma

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hello Becca:Don't worry soon it'll be winter and you'll have 60-70 degree wather. :) Be really careful with the heat, I should know because i have a hard time with the heat as well. Although I love it, i sometimes feel sluggish and dizzy but thank god no problems with the ticker. i hope all is well and thanks for checking in. Did anyone hear from Sharon, and others that have not been here a while? CHECK IN EVERYONE PLEASE SO WE KNOW YOU ARE OK!......Love TURKPS: Gail how is everything?Becca <beccageo1980@...> wrote: Hey Turk, I'm here in Florida steaming like a batch of shrimp in a pot. But okay. Finally got an appointment with a circuit rider cardiologist who comes from Mi-Jammie, and I see her on Tuesday. Am having a lot of problems acclimating to the heat, but I never have done well in temps over 70. So I stay in the Pod with the cats and the AC, dreaming of snow or at least a good frost. Becca in Clewiston FLTURK <goturk1@...> wrote: Hello Vee and Everyone:Personally I did not know about the recall on the Guidant t-165. I have the same unit and according to my doctor it is only with some people they are recalling so my name is not on the

list. I figured i should let you know. Any thoughts?PS: Everyone IT IS TIME TO CHECK IN. Say hello I am ok please!... Did anyone hear from, Gail, Sharon, Becca, . etc? I hope all is well.Vee Graham <vmgraham@...> wrote: Hello fellow Zappers! Thank you for responding to my email situation. I think I figured out the problem. Now that I have that figured out...I want to share what happened regarding the latest recall unit. In April, I had my Guidant 1861 (recall) unit replaced with the Guidant T165. I recently got a call from my Cardiologist office telling me to come in ASAP because they wanted to make sure that my new unit wasn't defective. Apparently they have a recall on the T165 regarding the battery expiring early. They made an appt for the first available Saturday. I met with the Guidant rep. He down played everything~ making it sound like those of us that have the recall unit totally exaggerate and how when we hear something about it, we make it all negative and think that our machines are gonna jump

out of our chest. My husband and I tried to explain how much more serious it is. and he just kinda blew it off. Well, Thank God my battery is O.K for now. I need to keep getting checked. Was wondering if any of you have gone through this and if so what the outcome was. Thank You for letting me share my story with you. Bye for now my friends. Vee How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call

rates.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Hey Turk! So good to hear from you. I went to my new cardio/ep yesterday and she is concerned over my blood pressure. My lower number is 100 which I understand is getting up there. Of course I was in a doctor's office which always makes me hyper, and the heat too, but she has prescribed Cozaar to see if it will help out. She wants to control my arrythimia better, and I am for that any way we can provided nobody suggests surgery. So, we'll see how things go. Have the echo-stress test next Tuesday, and I guess with this new info we can go from there. Have not felt well since the move and I would like to again. Becca PS: I sure would like to hear from too.TURK <goturk1@...> wrote: Hello Becca:Don't worry soon it'll be winter and you'll have 60-70 degree wather. :) Be really careful with the heat, I should know because i have a hard time with the heat as well. Although I love it, i sometimes feel sluggish and dizzy but thank god no problems with the ticker. i hope all is well and thanks for checking in. Did anyone hear from Sharon, and others that have not been here a while? CHECK IN EVERYONE PLEASE SO WE KNOW YOU ARE OK!......Love TURKPS: Gail how is everything?Becca <beccageo1980 > wrote:

Hey Turk, I'm here in Florida steaming like a batch of shrimp in a pot. But okay. Finally got an appointment with a circuit rider cardiologist who comes from Mi-Jammie, and I see her on Tuesday. Am having a lot of problems acclimating to the heat, but I never have done well in temps over 70. So I stay in the Pod with the cats and the AC, dreaming of snow or at least a good frost. Becca in Clewiston FLTURK <goturk1 > wrote: Hello Vee and Everyone:Personally I did not know about the recall on the Guidant t-165. I have the same unit and according to my doctor it is only with some people they are recalling so my name

is not on the list. I figured i should let you know. Any thoughts?PS: Everyone IT IS TIME TO CHECK IN. Say hello I am ok please!... Did anyone hear from, Gail, Sharon, Becca, . etc? I hope all is well.Vee Graham <vmgraham > wrote: Hello fellow Zappers! Thank you for responding to my email situation. I think I figured out the problem. Now that I have that figured out...I want to share what happened regarding the latest recall unit. In April, I had my Guidant 1861 (recall) unit replaced with the Guidant T165. I recently got a call from my Cardiologist office telling me to come in ASAP because they wanted to make sure that my new unit wasn't defective. Apparently they have a recall on the T165 regarding the battery expiring early. They made an appt for the first available Saturday. I met with the Guidant rep. He down played everything~ making it sound like those of us that have the recall unit totally exaggerate and how when we hear something about it, we make it all negative and think that our machines are gonna jump out

of our chest. My husband and I tried to explain how much more serious it is. and he just kinda blew it off. Well, Thank God my battery is O.K for now. I need to keep getting checked. Was wondering if any of you have gone through this and if so what the outcome was. Thank You for letting me share my story with you. Bye for now my friends. Vee How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Hello Becca;lovely to hear from you too. I am sorry that i have not posted often because the way the stock market is i have not got a chance because it has been very busy. Now i understand why i have felt not as good lately , because i am on 40 mg's of Lasix a day and the heat did not help. I just had my ICD read yesterday, My EPS doc said for the fourth time in five years i had a non sustaine vt run for 11 beats on may 22 but nothing since then, knock on wood, nothing. I can deal with that. I felt good about that report. Any way if any one hear from sharon or shawn let me know. i hope they are ok.Love TURKPS: i am sure you will feel great again, just ease up on that salt, :)Becca <beccageo1980@...> wrote: Hey Turk! So good to hear from you. I went to my new cardio/ep yesterday and she is concerned over my blood pressure. My lower number is 100 which I understand is getting up there. Of course I was in a doctor's office which always makes me hyper, and the heat too, but she has prescribed Cozaar to see if it will help out. She wants to control my arrythimia better, and I am for that any way we can provided nobody suggests surgery. So, we'll see how things go. Have the echo-stress test next Tuesday, and I guess with this new info we can go from there. Have not felt well since the move and I would like to again. Becca PS: I sure would like to hear from

too.TURK <goturk1 > wrote: Hello Becca:Don't worry soon it'll be winter and you'll have 60-70 degree wather. :) Be really careful with the heat, I should know because i have a hard time with the heat as well. Although I love it, i sometimes feel sluggish and dizzy but thank god no problems with the ticker. i hope all is well and thanks for checking in. Did anyone hear from Sharon, and others that have not been here a while? CHECK IN EVERYONE PLEASE SO WE KNOW YOU ARE OK!......Love TURKPS: Gail how is everything?Becca <beccageo1980 > wrote: Hey

Turk, I'm here in Florida steaming like a batch of shrimp in a pot. But okay. Finally got an appointment with a circuit rider cardiologist who comes from Mi-Jammie, and I see her on Tuesday. Am having a lot of problems acclimating to the heat, but I never have done well in temps over 70. So I stay in the Pod with the cats and the AC, dreaming of snow or at least a good frost. Becca in Clewiston FLTURK <goturk1 > wrote: Hello Vee and Everyone:Personally I did not know about the recall on the Guidant t-165. I have the same unit and according to my doctor it is only with some people they are recalling so my name is not on the list. I figured i should let you

know. Any thoughts?PS: Everyone IT IS TIME TO CHECK IN. Say hello I am ok please!... Did anyone hear from, Gail, Sharon, Becca, . etc? I hope all is well.Vee Graham <vmgraham > wrote: Hello fellow Zappers! Thank you for responding to my email situation. I think I figured out the problem. Now that I have that figured out...I want to share what happened regarding the latest recall unit. In April, I had my Guidant 1861 (recall) unit replaced with the

Guidant T165. I recently got a call from my Cardiologist office telling me to come in ASAP because they wanted to make sure that my new unit wasn't defective. Apparently they have a recall on the T165 regarding the battery expiring early. They made an appt for the first available Saturday. I met with the Guidant rep. He down played everything~ making it sound like those of us that have the recall unit totally exaggerate and how when we hear something about it, we make it all negative and think that our machines are gonna jump out of our

chest. My husband and I tried to explain how much more serious it is. and he just kinda blew it off. Well, Thank God my battery is O.K for now. I need to keep getting checked. Was wondering if any of you have gone through this and if so what the outcome was. Thank You for letting me share my story with you. Bye for now my friends. Vee How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less. Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1�/min.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Good advice about the salt, sugar too. BeccaTURK <goturk1@...> wrote: Hello Becca;lovely to hear from you too. I am sorry that i have not posted often because the way the stock market is i have not got a chance because it has been very busy. Now i understand why i have felt not as good lately , because i am on 40 mg's of Lasix a day and the heat did not help. I just had my ICD read yesterday, My EPS doc said for the fourth time in five years i had a non sustaine vt run for 11 beats on may 22 but

nothing since then, knock on wood, nothing. I can deal with that. I felt good about that report. Any way if any one hear from sharon or shawn let me know. i hope they are ok.Love TURKPS: i am sure you will feel great again, just ease up on that salt, :)Becca <beccageo1980 > wrote: Hey Turk! So good to hear from you. I went to my new cardio/ep yesterday and she is concerned over my blood pressure. My lower number is 100 which I understand is getting up there. Of course I was in a doctor's office which always makes me hyper, and the heat too, but she has prescribed Cozaar to see if it will help out. She wants to control my arrythimia better, and I am for that any way we can provided nobody suggests surgery. So, we'll see how things go.

Have the echo-stress test next Tuesday, and I guess with this new info we can go from there. Have not felt well since the move and I would like to again. Becca PS: I sure would like to hear from too.TURK <goturk1 > wrote: Hello Becca:Don't worry soon it'll be winter and you'll have 60-70 degree wather. :) Be really careful with the heat, I should know because i have a hard time with the heat as well. Although I love it, i sometimes feel sluggish and dizzy but thank god no problems with the ticker. i hope all is well and thanks for checking in. Did anyone hear from Sharon, and others that have not been here a while? CHECK IN EVERYONE PLEASE SO WE KNOW YOU ARE OK!......Love TURKPS: Gail how is

everything?Becca <beccageo1980 > wrote: Hey Turk, I'm here in Florida steaming like a batch of shrimp in a pot. But okay. Finally got an appointment with a circuit rider cardiologist who comes from Mi-Jammie, and I see her on Tuesday. Am having a lot of problems acclimating to the heat, but I never have done well in temps over 70. So I stay in the Pod with the cats and the AC, dreaming of snow or at least a good frost. Becca in Clewiston FLTURK <goturk1 > wrote: Hello Vee and

Everyone:Personally I did not know about the recall on the Guidant t-165. I have the same unit and according to my doctor it is only with some people they are recalling so my name is not on the list. I figured i should let you know. Any thoughts?PS: Everyone IT IS TIME TO CHECK IN. Say hello I am ok please!... Did anyone hear from, Gail, Sharon, Becca, . etc? I hope all is well.Vee Graham <vmgraham > wrote: Hello fellow Zappers! Thank you for responding to my email situation. I think I figured out the problem. Now that I have that figured out...I want to share what happened regarding the latest recall unit. In April, I had my Guidant 1861 (recall) unit replaced with the Guidant T165. I recently got a call from my Cardiologist office telling me to come in ASAP because they wanted to make sure that my new unit wasn't defective. Apparently they have a recall on the T165 regarding the battery expiring early. They made an appt for the first available Saturday. I met with the Guidant rep. He down played everything~ making it sound like those of us that have the recall unit totally exaggerate and how when we hear something about it, we make it all negative and think that our machines are gonna jump out of our chest. My husband and I tried to explain how much more serious it is. and he just kinda blew it off. Well, Thank God my battery is O.K for now. I need to keep getting checked. Was wondering if any of you have gone through this and if so what the outcome was. Thank You for letting me share my story with you. Bye for now my friends. Vee How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates. Messenger with Voice. Make

PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less. Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1�/min. Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

It figures!!! I take both of them....and boy has it been really hard with this hot weather.

I was notified that who ever is on lasix or aldactone becareful in the heat and how important it is to limit your time in the weather. Be careful everyone. TURK

• 4 years later...

Hey everyone, just checking in... I've been super busy lately (mainly stuck in laundry land lol). I'm still feeling sick in the mornings but ok through the day. Maybe it will go away soon! Anyway... I will be busy for a while since school is back in session. I have to help at the school. I don't feel like it (because of the coughing) but I have to. I want to tell them no but very few of the parents actually help. But at least there is a lot of going up and down stairs there!

So if you don't hear from me daily that's why. But I'll try to be better about checking in. My friend Tonya got on me yesterday about not checking in.

I got on the scale today (last weigh in was last Wednesday) and I had gained 3 pounds (I'm still down 5 and just got over my monthly visitor... Which always adds some on). But I have to say that most of it is the fact that the last 3 days I've ate fried foods. I weighed myself on the first day of my visitor and was only up 1 pound... So the other 2 pounds came up since then.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hi Liz. We are new to sub q also. My daughter madeline who just turned 6 has

had 5 sub q infusions so far. She had no reactions to the IVIG but was too

afraid of the side effects and how long it took.

The weird thing is more than half of these infusions were painful the entire

time for her and 3 times she got migraines on the 2nd and 3rd days that she

needed Tylenol an Motrin for. We started out with 2 needles in her belly and

the pharmacist suggested a slower tubing with a third needle to see if that

helps. Don't know if anyone has experienced this with the SCIG? She was on

gammunex-c for IVIG and the SCIG is hizentra. Thanks :).

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 1, 2012, at 7:27 AM, " Liz Pence " <pencesiding@...> wrote:

> My son Justus, now 4, made the change from ivig to sub-q today! We switched

because he was having bad reactions to the ivig. The infusion went great. No

reaction yesterday aside being sleepy on and off all day. The nurse trained me

and will come to our house to walk me through another. It was not as bad as I

had pictured in in my head. The numbing cream works so well for my little guy

that he didn't even feel the little pokes! It was a good day.

> We just found out yesterday, it was a big day, that his 7 yo brother

will start infusions this month. We have been just hitting him hard with

antibiotics when he has an infection and just monitoring because his #'s seemed

to be rising and we we hoping he was outgrowing the deficiency. has had

the hardest to get rid of sinus infection as of late and our immune decided that

switching the antibiotic again didn't make since because this last round of

testing showed a dip in his Igg and he's lost some of his titers to pneumovax.

(@7 he started with zero, gained 10 upon the vaccine challenge, and now those 10

are falling) I still hope they can outgrow this, but it sure is starting to feel

like it's sticking around....

> Anyway, at least the boys will have a buddy to infuse with. I also have big,

big hope for a healthier future.hopefully this gets us on track and past all

these darn infections. I know all of you can relate when I say I am terrified of

all the germs out there we can't fight on our own. It will be a relief to get

those #'s up to a more protective level...I doubt I'll ever stop worrying about

germs, though;)

> Thanks for the guidance and support over the last year,

> Liz

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Liz. We are new to sub q also. My daughter madeline who just turned 6 has

had 5 sub q infusions so far. She had no reactions to the IVIG but was too

Sent from my iPhone

the hardest to get rid of sinus infection as of late and our immune decided that

(@7 he started with zero, gained 10 upon the vaccine challenge, and now those 10

are falling) I still hope they can outgrow this, but it sure is starting to feel

these darn infections. I know all of you can relate when I say I am terrified of

germs, though;)

> Liz

>

>

Guest guest

We use Gammagard and my son does very well without side effects for his subQ. We

also do it in the fatty tissue of his lower back or love handles and he says it

is MUCH less painful. We use a 6mm needle since does not have much tissue but

use 2 needles . What we have learned is that over time he has built an area that

accepts the med easily and so we do very little rotating of sights. He gets NO

redness or bumps any longer but it has been about 6 years on Sub Q. It does get

better. I have also had him gently readjust the needle if it is hurting and it

seems to help. the gammagard is a 10 rather than a 16% solutions so it seems to

be better tolerated in some people since it is less concentrated. Just our

experience. Lucas 16 CVID and BIPOLAR.

Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 07:46:10 -0500

Subject: Re: Checking in...

Hi Liz. We are new to sub q also. My daughter madeline who just turned 6

has had 5 sub q infusions so far. She had no reactions to the IVIG but was too

Sent from my iPhone

germs, though;)

> Liz

>

>