RemedySpot.com

New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh yes, meant to add that it is the antihistamine that makes a person sleepy, is why they invented things like Claritin, which I take, and Zyrtec, and Allegra, etc., they don't make you sleepy.

Carolyn

RE: new here

It’s funny how that works. It knocks my aspie out cold but makes my NT daughter CRAZY HYPER!!

Charlotte

From: Autism and Aspergers Treatment [mailto:Autism and Aspergers Treatment ] On Behalf Of JenSent: Sunday, July 02, 2006 10:52 PMAutism and Aspergers Treatment Subject: RE: new here

My kids drink gatorade and water constantly. Benadryl is the ONLY thing short of something to knock them out haha that has worked. Since especially Sara already has allergies, this is not bad at all for her. BTW I have tried all of the homeopathic options, and unfortunately, generally they interact with the meds and cause extreme agitation. So, I try to stick with the tried and true.

Guest guest

My daughter has been put on so many medications for behavior issues but they either made her worse or knocked her out. She isnt always out of control but when she decides to be wild she gets so strong, My Mother in Law teases me because I complain when she is wild and then I complain when she is too calm due to meds, I just want her calm but responsive and not a sleepy little zombie or wilder out more out of control. Am I crazy or do others have this issue?Carolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Warm milk is good, it no doubt is very soothing, as is warm coco. Babies love warm milk, and go right to sleep. And too I think it is the calcium that has a calming affect on the brain, from what I understand. Oh coffee makes you sleepy huh, let me see, isn't this what they put in Ritalin, a stimulant that makes the child settle down? Not sure if it is caffeine. None of my kids ever were on Ritalin. But I do remember different drugs my son, the autistic one, has had that were supposed to calm him down. Once in the hospital they gave him something and he was climbing the walls after that, it was terrible! Carolyn new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep about two hours and then we are up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

wont drink milk unless its chocolate and she rarely gets thatCarolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Warm milk is good, it no doubt is very soothing, as is warm coco. Babies love warm milk, and go right to sleep. And too I think it is the calcium that has a calming affect on the brain, from what I understand. Oh coffee makes you sleepy huh, let me see, isn't this what they put in Ritalin, a stimulant that makes the child settle down? Not sure if it is caffeine. None of my kids

ever were on Ritalin. But I do remember different drugs my son, the autistic one, has had that were supposed to calm him down. Once in the hospital they gave him something and he was climbing the walls after that, it was terrible! Carolyn new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living

with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep about two hours and then we are up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

:) Hope won't eat cheese, peanut butter, jelly, anything with more than one ingredient.... The only way I can get her to do yogurt is trix. I switched and bought plain strawberry yogurt and there was fruit in it - the chid came completely unglued. haha - I think that she does ok though Carolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Hmm, well I notice orange juice has calcium added to it too now, and there are foods high in it, can't think of them right now,

oh yes cheese, all kinds of cheese, ice cream, but then you got sugar, could try low sugar kinds, yogurt, what else, leafy green vegetables I think, and even a potato has some. Carolyn new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep about two hours and then we are

up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they wentWill There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.Ben A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loveshimself.Josh Billings Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they wentWill There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.Ben A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loveshimself.Josh Billings

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Regarding your illnesses do you take anything for

them?

I have MS & I take a vitamin supplement for fatigue

that works wonders. Dr's in Europe prescribe it for

your conditions & mine so I decided I had nothing to

lose.

E.

Colorado

--- Jen <diegowench@...> wrote:

> I can't imagine ever getting used to it. I have

> Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue, and I just drag

> all day long every day.

>

>

>

" Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops. "

Cary Grant

Guest guest

kal loser wrote:

>

>

> just my 2 cents worth=i think its cuz the milk is WARM that helps them

> calm down for bed cuz for me coffee......doesnt wake me up it makes me

> sleepy-same with hot cocoa & i believe its due to it being warm......kathy

>

Actually, milk has triptophan in it naturally. And triptophan is

specifically designed to make baby mammals fall asleep. All mammal milk

has it. Warming it increases the effect to maximum. :)

Annie, who loves ya annie@...

--

“I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I liked it I'd

eat it, and I just hate it.” -- Clarence Darrow

Guest guest

Hi Sharon,

You have said it all in a nutshell. This is why it is so hard figuring out what is best. The pharmacologist professor I talk to in another group says this; "The best drug is no drug." I thought this was interesting, as it has always been my perspective too. My son Marty, has not done too well on any kind of drugs, sad to say. He always had to take them to try and control his seizures, and since they were ineffective, they always increased them, so this led to the bizarre side affects. So I got a bad attitude about them over the years, even for myself actually. I don't take the antidepressants or anything like that either, although I have had them prescribed for me. With me it was other things, like I was drinking too much caffeine, so once I cut down, the anxiety disappeared.

Doc did not ask me how much coffee or cokes I had a day, but I figured it out on my own, was somewhat of an addict, always looking for the pick up, this is also true of sugar addicts, your system shoots up, then crashes. No pill going to fix that, just stop eating the sugar....and caffeine.

Carolyn

new here

Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep about two hours and then we are up all night.

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Guest guest

I always said I wanted "Elissa on a good day" from her meds. When I expressed my worries re making a "zombie"out of my daughter, our peditrician who I trust explicitly said that that is generally caused by too high of a dosage of a med..... just a thought. I know what you are going through. We finally had my daughter mostly leveled and then puberty kicked in and now she has the most wicked PMS, a danger to herself and others (example, knocking her 6 yr old brothers tooth out because he tried to tell her something she was yelling at him about was ok per me!) But the docs tell me they can't give anything to help with the pms because it would interfere with her other meds and treating the autism is more important which I agree with but WOW! one week a month, we all want to hide!!! Good luck sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: My daughter has been put on so many medications for behavior issues but they either made her worse or knocked her out. She isnt always out of control but when she decides to be wild she gets so strong, My Mother in Law teases me because I complain when she is wild and then I complain when she is too calm due to meds, I just want her calm but responsive and not a sleepy little zombie or wilder out more out of control. Am I crazy or do others have this issue?Carolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Warm milk is good, it no doubt is very soothing, as is warm coco. Babies love warm milk, and go right to sleep. And too I think it is the calcium that has a calming affect on the brain, from what I understand. Oh coffee makes you sleepy huh, let me see, isn't this what they put in Ritalin, a stimulant that makes the child settle down? Not sure if it is caffeine. None of my kids ever were on Ritalin. But I do remember different drugs my son, the autistic one, has had that were supposed to calm him down. Once in the hospital they gave him something and he was climbing the walls after that, it was terrible! Carolyn new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep about two hours and then we are up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Oooooooh, I knew it was something besides just the calcium. But calcium I

believe also has a calming affect on our nervous systems, or at least the

health food books I have read say this, don't know how much of them are true

though.

Carolyn

Re: new here

> kal loser wrote:

> >

> >

> > just my 2 cents worth=i think its cuz the milk is WARM that helps them

> > calm down for bed cuz for me coffee......doesnt wake me up it makes me

> > sleepy-same with hot cocoa & i believe its due to it being

warm......kathy

> >

>

> Actually, milk has triptophan in it naturally. And triptophan is

> specifically designed to make baby mammals fall asleep. All mammal milk

> has it. Warming it increases the effect to maximum. :)

>

> Annie, who loves ya annie@...

> --

> “I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I liked it I'd

> eat it, and I just hate it.” -- Clarence Darrow

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I think it would help if you were to tell us what you have tried that hasn't

worked.

Thanks,

Adrienne

New here

I'm new here. I'm 45 and have had CFS and Fibro. for over 20 years.

My main problems are exhaustion, cognitive difficulty (makes the

information here hard to understand) and pain. Has anyone found

anything to help any of these? I'd appreciate any help you can give

me. Thank you! :)

Sue

This list is intended for patients to share personal experiences with each

other, not to give medical advice. If you are interested in any treatment

discussed here, please consult your doctor.

Guest guest

, I take Vicodin for the pain. I have an appointment today - there simply is no way to reduce my stress load at this point :( - for supplements, I take fish oil, a multi, double dose of calcium, Vitamin C and Collagen (which by the way - is an absolute wonder for me - I ran out about a month ago, and the pain has more than doubled.) What is the vitamin supplement? I am really big on nutraceuticals (herbs tend to interact badly with my meds - plus the quality control sucks majorly). melissa e <lissa252000@...> wrote: ,Regarding your illnesses do you take anything forthem?I have MS & I take a vitamin supplement for fatiguethat works wonders. Dr's in Europe prescribe it foryour conditions & mine so I decided I had nothing tolose. E.Colorado--- Jen <diegowench > wrote:> I can't imagine ever getting used to it. I have> Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue, and I just drag> all day long every day.> > > "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."Cary Grant__________________________________________________

Guest guest

is eleven and I am soooo not looking forward to puperty, I have heard they are worse when they go through thatd corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I always said I wanted "Elissa on a good day" from her meds. When I expressed my worries re making a "zombie"out of my daughter, our peditrician who I trust explicitly said that that is generally caused by too high of a dosage of a med..... just a thought. I know what you are going through. We finally had my daughter mostly leveled and then puberty kicked in and now she has the most wicked

PMS, a danger to herself and others (example, knocking her 6 yr old brothers tooth out because he tried to tell her something she was yelling at him about was ok per me!) But the docs tell me they can't give anything to help with the pms because it would interfere with her other meds and treating the autism is more important which I agree with but WOW! one week a month, we all want to hide!!! Good luck sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: My daughter has been put on so many medications for behavior issues but they either made her worse or knocked her out. She isnt always out of control but when she decides to be wild she gets so strong, My Mother in Law teases me because I complain when she is wild and then I complain when she is too calm due to meds, I just want her calm but responsive and not a

sleepy little zombie or wilder out more out of control. Am I crazy or do others have this issue?Carolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Warm milk is good, it no doubt is very soothing, as is warm coco. Babies love warm milk, and go right to sleep. And too I think it is the calcium that has a calming affect on the brain, from what I understand. Oh coffee makes you sleepy huh, let me see, isn't this what they put in Ritalin, a stimulant that makes the child settle down? Not sure if it is caffeine. None of my kids ever were on Ritalin. But I do remember different drugs my son, the autistic one, has had that were supposed to calm him down. Once in the

hospital they gave him something and he was climbing the walls after that, it was terrible! Carolyn new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep

about two hours and then we are up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

It's called Rhodiola Rosea & Drs prescribe it mostly

in Europe for fatigue. I was very skeptical at first

but I figured I had nothing to lose. It works

tremendously well. I haven't felt this good in a long

time.

E.

Colorado

--- Jen <diegowench@...> wrote:

> ,

>

> I take Vicodin for the pain. I have an

> appointment today - there simply is no way to reduce

> my stress load at this point :( - for supplements, I

> take fish oil, a multi, double dose of calcium,

> Vitamin C and Collagen (which by the way - is an

> absolute wonder for me - I ran out about a month

> ago, and the pain has more than doubled.)

>

> What is the vitamin supplement? I am really big

> on nutraceuticals (herbs tend to interact badly with

> my meds - plus the quality control sucks majorly).

>

>

>

> melissa e <lissa252000@...> wrote:

> ,

> Regarding your illnesses do you take anything for

> them?

> I have MS & I take a vitamin supplement for fatigue

> that works wonders. Dr's in Europe prescribe it for

> your conditions & mine so I decided I had nothing to

> lose.

> E.

> Colorado

>

> --- Jen <diegowench@...> wrote:

>

> > I can't imagine ever getting used to it. I have

> > Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue, and I just drag

> > all day long every day.

> >

> >

> >

>

> " Insanity runs in my family. It practically

> gallops. "

> Cary Grant

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Provigil is excellent for fatigue, it helps keep you awake, alert and

focused. Joanee

Sue wrote:

>I'm new here. I'm 45 and have had CFS and Fibro. for over 20 years.

>My main problems are exhaustion, cognitive difficulty (makes the

>information here hard to understand) and pain. Has anyone found

>anything to help any of these? I'd appreciate any help you can give

>me. Thank you! :)

>Sue

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>This list is intended for patients to share personal experiences with each

other, not to give medical advice. If you are interested in any treatment

discussed here, please consult your doctor.

>

Guest guest

, what is this supplement if I may ask. My fiancee was just diagnosed with MS and is having problems with fatigue etc. You can email me off the board if you want to since this is not really re the autism side. God Bless! DeeDeemelissa e <lissa252000@...> wrote: ,Regarding your illnesses do you take anything forthem?I have MS & I take a vitamin supplement for fatiguethat works wonders. Dr's in Europe prescribe it foryour conditions & mine so I decided I

had nothing tolose. E.Colorado--- Jen <diegowench > wrote:> I can't imagine ever getting used to it. I have> Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue, and I just drag> all day long every day.> > > "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."Cary Grant__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I don't know about all kids but mine sure did! Puberty is not easy and neither is all of us relating on the same level fairly camly with my daughter as it is so the two together has been difficult but as the saying goes, "I know the Lord won't give me more than I can handle, but some days I wish he didn't trust me quite so much!!!" sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: is eleven and I am soooo not looking forward to puperty, I have heard they are worse when they go through thatd corbin

<jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I always said I wanted "Elissa on a good day" from her meds. When I expressed my worries re making a "zombie"out of my daughter, our peditrician who I trust explicitly said that that is generally caused by too high of a dosage of a med..... just a thought. I know what you are going through. We finally had my daughter mostly leveled and then puberty kicked in and now she has the most wicked PMS, a danger to herself and others (example, knocking her 6 yr old brothers tooth out because he tried to tell her something she was yelling at him about was ok per me!) But the docs tell me they can't give anything to help with the pms because it would interfere with her other meds and treating the autism is more important which I agree with but WOW! one week a month, we all want to hide!!! Good luck

sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: My daughter has been put on so many medications for behavior issues but they either made her worse or knocked her out. She isnt always out of control but when she decides to be wild she gets so strong, My Mother in Law teases me because I complain when she is wild and then I complain when she is too calm due to meds, I just want her calm but responsive and not a sleepy little zombie or wilder out more out of control. Am I crazy or do others have this issue?Carolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Warm milk is good, it no doubt is very soothing, as is warm coco. Babies love warm

milk, and go right to sleep. And too I think it is the calcium that has a calming affect on the brain, from what I understand. Oh coffee makes you sleepy huh, let me see, isn't this what they put in Ritalin, a stimulant that makes the child settle down? Not sure if it is caffeine. None of my kids ever were on Ritalin. But I do remember different drugs my son, the autistic one, has had that were supposed to calm him down. Once in the hospital they gave him something and he was climbing the walls after that, it was terrible! Carolyn

new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep about two hours and then we are up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Miss Molly started puberty in the first grade - we put her on Lupron because she had zero personal care skills at that point. It does get better - for hte girls - chart chart chart . Jd corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I don't know about all kids but mine sure did! Puberty is not easy and neither is all of us relating on the same level fairly camly with my daughter as it is so the two together has been difficult but as the saying goes, "I know the Lord won't give me more than I can handle, but

some days I wish he didn't trust me quite so much!!!" sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: is eleven and I am soooo not looking forward to puperty, I have heard they are worse when they go through thatd corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I always said I wanted "Elissa on a good day" from her meds. When I expressed my worries re making a "zombie"out of my daughter, our peditrician who I trust explicitly said that that is generally caused by too high of a dosage of a med..... just a thought. I know what you are going through. We finally had my daughter mostly leveled and then puberty kicked in and now she has the most wicked PMS, a danger to herself and others

(example, knocking her 6 yr old brothers tooth out because he tried to tell her something she was yelling at him about was ok per me!) But the docs tell me they can't give anything to help with the pms because it would interfere with her other meds and treating the autism is more important which I agree with but WOW! one week a month, we all want to hide!!! Good luck sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: My daughter has been put on so many medications for behavior issues but they either made her worse or knocked her out. She isnt always out of control but when she decides to be wild she gets so strong, My Mother in Law teases me because I complain when she is wild and then I complain when she is too calm due to meds, I just want her calm but responsive and not a sleepy little zombie or wilder out more

out of control. Am I crazy or do others have this issue?Carolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Warm milk is good, it no doubt is very soothing, as is warm coco. Babies love warm milk, and go right to sleep. And too I think it is the calcium that has a calming affect on the brain, from what I understand. Oh coffee makes you sleepy huh, let me see, isn't this what they put in Ritalin, a stimulant that makes the child settle down? Not sure if it is caffeine. None of my kids ever were on Ritalin. But I do remember different drugs my son, the autistic one, has had that were supposed to calm him down. Once in the hospital they gave him something and he

was climbing the walls after that, it was terrible! Carolyn new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep

about two hours and then we are up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Here is some info that might help kids or adults with autism , Juice Plus here is a website for it , you can order from the website . www.wholeandhealthyplus.com Kirk Herbertson (AS) Carolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Hmm, well I notice orange juice has calcium added to it too now, and there are foods high in it, can't think of them right now, oh yes cheese, all kinds of cheese, ice cream, but then you got sugar, could try low sugar kinds, yogurt, what else, leafy green vegetables I think, and even a potato has some. Carolyn new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when

she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep about two hours and then we are up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they wentWill There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.Ben A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loveshimself.Josh Billings Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Wow first grade? Guess I am lucky so far is going into sixth grade. What does Lupron do? Jen <diegowench@...> wrote: Miss Molly started puberty in the first grade - we put her on Lupron because she had zero personal care skills at that point. It does get better - for hte girls - chart chart chart . Jd corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I

don't know about all kids but mine sure did! Puberty is not easy and neither is all of us relating on the same level fairly camly with my daughter as it is so the two together has been difficult but as the saying goes, "I know the Lord won't give me more than I can handle, but some days I wish he didn't trust me quite so much!!!" sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: is eleven and I am soooo not looking forward to puperty, I have heard they are worse when they go through thatd corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I always said I wanted "Elissa on a good day" from her meds. When I expressed my worries re making a "zombie"out of my daughter, our peditrician who I trust

explicitly said that that is generally caused by too high of a dosage of a med..... just a thought. I know what you are going through. We finally had my daughter mostly leveled and then puberty kicked in and now she has the most wicked PMS, a danger to herself and others (example, knocking her 6 yr old brothers tooth out because he tried to tell her something she was yelling at him about was ok per me!) But the docs tell me they can't give anything to help with the pms because it would interfere with her other meds and treating the autism is more important which I agree with but WOW! one week a month, we all want to hide!!! Good luck sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: My daughter has been put on so many medications for behavior issues but they either made her worse or knocked her out. She isnt always out of

control but when she decides to be wild she gets so strong, My Mother in Law teases me because I complain when she is wild and then I complain when she is too calm due to meds, I just want her calm but responsive and not a sleepy little zombie or wilder out more out of control. Am I crazy or do others have this issue?Carolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Warm milk is good, it no doubt is very soothing, as is warm coco. Babies love warm milk, and go right to sleep. And too I think it is the calcium that has a calming affect on the brain, from what I understand. Oh coffee makes you sleepy huh, let me see, isn't this what they put in Ritalin, a stimulant that makes the child settle down? Not sure if it is caffeine. None of my kids ever were on Ritalin.

But I do remember different drugs my son, the autistic one, has had that were supposed to calm him down. Once in the hospital they gave him something and he was climbing the walls after that, it was terrible! Carolyn new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year

old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep about two hours and then we are up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

With Elissa, the personal care part is a separate issue. I was simply referring to the vicious mood swings and meltdowns. She has finally (after nearly a year) accepted the monthly visitor as inevitable but refuses to take care the way she needs to like taking items with her when needed, being prepared, changing as needed, bathing more often. I just prepare for her, and push the necessary changes and bathing etc. I can deal with the personal care part as I do for everything else she needs "help" with, it is just the mood swings mostly agressive, that make it difficult. Thanks for listening all. God Bless! DeeDeeJen <diegowench@...> wrote: Miss Molly started puberty in the first grade - we put her on Lupron because she had zero personal care skills at that point. It does get better - for hte girls - chart chart chart . Jd corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I don't know about all kids but mine sure did! Puberty is not easy and neither is all of us relating on the same level fairly camly with my daughter as it is so the two together has been difficult but as the saying goes, "I know the Lord won't give me more than I can handle, but some days I wish he didn't trust me quite so much!!!" sharon boone

<boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: is eleven and I am soooo not looking forward to puperty, I have heard they are worse when they go through thatd corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I always said I wanted "Elissa on a good day" from her meds. When I expressed my worries re making a "zombie"out of my daughter, our peditrician who I trust explicitly said that that is generally caused by too high of a dosage of a med..... just a thought. I know what you are going through. We finally had my daughter mostly leveled and then puberty kicked in and now she has the most wicked PMS, a danger to herself and others (example, knocking her 6 yr old brothers tooth out because he tried to tell her something

she was yelling at him about was ok per me!) But the docs tell me they can't give anything to help with the pms because it would interfere with her other meds and treating the autism is more important which I agree with but WOW! one week a month, we all want to hide!!! Good luck sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: My daughter has been put on so many medications for behavior issues but they either made her worse or knocked her out. She isnt always out of control but when she decides to be wild she gets so strong, My Mother in Law teases me because I complain when she is wild and then I complain when she is too calm due to meds, I just want her calm but responsive and not a sleepy little zombie or wilder out more out of control. Am I crazy or do others have this issue?Carolyn

<charper777@...> wrote: Warm milk is good, it no doubt is very soothing, as is warm coco. Babies love warm milk, and go right to sleep. And too I think it is the calcium that has a calming affect on the brain, from what I understand. Oh coffee makes you sleepy huh, let me see, isn't this what they put in Ritalin, a stimulant that makes the child settle down? Not sure if it is caffeine. None of my kids ever were on Ritalin. But I do remember different drugs my son, the autistic one, has had that were supposed to calm him down. Once in the hospital they gave him something and he was climbing the walls after that, it was terrible! Carolyn new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep about two hours and then we are

up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I don't think that Molly is all that bad - she gets very snippy and pissy, but she says - I am PMSing - so everyone just leaves her alone.d corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: With Elissa, the personal care part is a separate issue. I was simply referring to the vicious mood swings and meltdowns. She has finally (after nearly a year) accepted the monthly visitor as inevitable but refuses to take care the way she needs to like taking items with her when needed, being prepared, changing as needed, bathing more often. I just prepare for

her, and push the necessary changes and bathing etc. I can deal with the personal care part as I do for everything else she needs "help" with, it is just the mood swings mostly agressive, that make it difficult. Thanks for listening all. God Bless! DeeDeeJen <diegowench@...> wrote: Miss Molly started puberty in the first grade - we put her on Lupron because she had zero personal care skills at that point. It does get better - for hte girls - chart chart chart . Jd corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I don't know about all kids but mine sure did! Puberty is not easy and

neither is all of us relating on the same level fairly camly with my daughter as it is so the two together has been difficult but as the saying goes, "I know the Lord won't give me more than I can handle, but some days I wish he didn't trust me quite so much!!!" sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: is eleven and I am soooo not looking forward to puperty, I have heard they are worse when they go through thatd corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I always said I wanted "Elissa on a good day" from her meds. When I expressed my worries re making a "zombie"out of my daughter, our peditrician who I trust explicitly said that that is generally caused by too high of a dosage

of a med..... just a thought. I know what you are going through. We finally had my daughter mostly leveled and then puberty kicked in and now she has the most wicked PMS, a danger to herself and others (example, knocking her 6 yr old brothers tooth out because he tried to tell her something she was yelling at him about was ok per me!) But the docs tell me they can't give anything to help with the pms because it would interfere with her other meds and treating the autism is more important which I agree with but WOW! one week a month, we all want to hide!!! Good luck sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: My daughter has been put on so many medications for behavior issues but they either made her worse or knocked her out. She isnt always out of control but when she decides to be wild she gets so strong, My Mother

in Law teases me because I complain when she is wild and then I complain when she is too calm due to meds, I just want her calm but responsive and not a sleepy little zombie or wilder out more out of control. Am I crazy or do others have this issue?Carolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Warm milk is good, it no doubt is very soothing, as is warm coco. Babies love warm milk, and go right to sleep. And too I think it is the calcium that has a calming affect on the brain, from what I understand. Oh coffee makes you sleepy huh, let me see, isn't this what they put in Ritalin, a stimulant that makes the child settle down? Not sure if it is caffeine. None of my kids ever were on Ritalin. But I do remember different drugs my son, the autistic one, has had that were supposed to calm him down. Once in the hospital they gave him something and he was climbing the walls after that, it was terrible! Carolyn new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating

with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep about two hours and then we are up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

It stops them from having a period. It was a godsend for us.sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: Wow first grade? Guess I am lucky so far is going into sixth grade. What does Lupron do? Jen <diegowench@...> wrote: Miss Molly started puberty in the first grade - we put her on Lupron because she had zero personal care skills at that point. It does get better - for

hte girls - chart chart chart . Jd corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I don't know about all kids but mine sure did! Puberty is not easy and neither is all of us relating on the same level fairly camly with my daughter as it is so the two together has been difficult but as the saying goes, "I know the Lord won't give me more than I can handle, but some days I wish he didn't trust me quite so much!!!" sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: is eleven and I am soooo not looking forward to puperty, I have heard they are worse when they go through thatd corbin <jdcorbin_2000@...> wrote: I always said I wanted "Elissa on a good day" from her meds. When I expressed my worries re making a "zombie"out of my daughter, our peditrician who I trust explicitly said that that is generally caused by too high of a dosage of a med..... just a thought. I know what you are going through. We finally had my daughter mostly leveled and then puberty kicked in and now she has the most wicked PMS, a danger to herself and others (example, knocking her 6 yr old brothers tooth out because he tried to tell her something she was yelling at him about was ok per me!) But the docs tell me they can't give anything to help with the pms because it would interfere with her other meds and treating the autism is more important which I agree with but WOW! one week a month, we all want to hide!!! Good luck sharon boone <boonesnuthouse@...> wrote: My daughter has been put on so many medications for behavior issues but they either made her worse or knocked her out. She isnt always out of control but when she decides to be wild she gets so strong, My Mother in Law teases me because I complain when she is wild and then I complain when she is too calm due to meds, I just want her calm but responsive and not a sleepy little zombie or wilder out more out of control. Am I crazy or do others have this issue?Carolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Warm milk is good, it no doubt is very soothing, as is warm coco. Babies love warm milk, and go right to sleep. And too I think it is the calcium that has a

calming affect on the brain, from what I understand. Oh coffee makes you sleepy huh, let me see, isn't this what they put in Ritalin, a stimulant that makes the child settle down? Not sure if it is caffeine. None of my kids ever were on Ritalin. But I do remember different drugs my son, the autistic one, has had that were supposed to calm him down. Once in the hospital they gave him something and he was climbing the walls after that, it was terrible! Carolyn new here Hello, My name is Sharon I am in South Carolina and I have two children a daughter, eleven and my son is eight. My daughter was diagnosed autistic when she was two. She is non verbal and living with her is like living with a two year old and needs a lot of supervision. I am really looking forward to communicating with parents who deal with some of the same issues that I deal with each day. Right now our biggest problem is that she doesnt want to sleep. She takes clonindine and will sleep about two hours and then we are up all night. Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better. __________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Welcome, !

must be a really strong and special little boy to have endured so much.

Sometimes, it takes months or even a year or so for the body to optimize the

healing process and get to a " new normal " state. My daughter continued to be

ill for months after we started IVIG (she is 4 1/2) and is doing better now. I

found that keeping a log of of the medical problems and complaints helps

because, over time, you can see how things improve. Often the improvements are

not dramatic from day to day but they are from month to month..

Regarding your question about school...some of us place kids in a school setting

and some of us have chosen to homeschool. You might be interested in taking a

look at IG Living magazine (IG is for immune globulin). This month's issue is

about school related concerns. A few of our group members write for it:

http://igliving.com/

mom to CVIDer

• 1 month later...

Hi, my name is Cheri and I'm new also. It sure sounds

like your son has to me. My son who is

11, started having fevers and symptons, 6 months ago.

Both our sons started with their symptons much later

than the average child. Interesting. 's symptons

include...fever, headache, dizziness, sore throat, red

and swollen throat, very swollen lymph nodes, canker

sores, vomiting, extreme fatigue, loss of appitite.

He lost 22 pounds in a 3 month period. He has taken

Prednisone the last 3 episodes and it has helped

shorten his episode from 6 days to 1 day. It works

almost immediatly. I have read it is a very strong

medication and has lots of side effects, but it is to

soon for us to tell exactacty how it is affecting

. Welcome to the group, Cheri in Galt, CA

--- hollykay09 <hollykay09@...> wrote:

> Hi, I have a son Sam who is 9 years old and has been

> having high

> fevers,headaches, sore throat w/white patches and

> some sores in mouth.

> He has had this for about a year now it runs in a

> cycle of 21-28 days.

> We just got back from chilrens in St. paul MN.The

> Dr.(who was really

> great) believes it is either syndrome Or

> Cyclic Neutropenia. We

> are doing the white count tests for the next few

> weeks to see if thats

> it. Although he is older then the usual onset for

> . Anything you

> can tell me about this would be helpful. Just

> waiting for

> diagnosis...at least then we will know what we are

> dealing with. So

> much of what I have read about both and the

> Nuetropenia are so

> similar to what Sam has. School starting in a

> week...hope to have some

> answers by then. Any advise or info you can share

> would be great.Thank

> you.

>

>

>

>

>

Hi Holly, It's nice to meet someone else who is new to the group and has a child

who is older. is 11 and was told he has PHAPA, just this summer. He

started having fevers 6 months ago. I am so thankful for this group. Cheri

hollykay09 <hollykay09@...> wrote: Hi, I have a son Sam who is

9 years old and has been having high

fevers,headaches, sore throat w/white patches and some sores in mouth.

He has had this for about a year now it runs in a cycle of 21-28 days.

We just got back from chilrens in St. paul MN.The Dr.(who was really

great) believes it is either syndrome Or Cyclic Neutropenia. We

are doing the white count tests for the next few weeks to see if thats

it. Although he is older then the usual onset for . Anything you

can tell me about this would be helpful. Just waiting for

diagnosis...at least then we will know what we are dealing with. So

much of what I have read about both and the Nuetropenia are so

similar to what Sam has. School starting in a week...hope to have some

answers by then. Any advise or info you can share would be great.Thank

you.

---------------------------------

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.