Rate this topic

Guest guest

> >

> > Has anyone else had a one sided headache? I've had one for

> probably

> > 2 months at least, on the right side. It's a heavy pressure,

not

> > throbbing at all. It's constant, and lately I've noticed vision

> > changes/blurriness, mostly on the side where the headache is.

> >

> > I had an appointment today with my Gynocologist, and I asked him

> if

> > he thought it could be possible that it was caused by my

implants.

> > He immediately answered that yes, there was a good chance that

it

> > was.

> >

> > He was all in agreement about the Fibro being caused by my

> implants

> > too, although he did say that he doesn't really think that

Saline

> > are very dangerous,and he seemed surprised when I told him that

> the

> > outside was silicone and that it could break away from the shell

> and

> > leak.

> >

> > He scheduled me for my yearly mammogram, and also told his nurse

> to

> > call the hospital where I had my implants put in to find out

more

> > information on my implants.

> >

> > I told him that more than likely they didn't have my records

> > because, years ago, I had to have the records from the hospital

> for

> > my lawyer because I'm a claiment in the Dow Corning Settlement.

> >

> > I was very pleased that he was so concerned about my symptoms,

and

> > that he does believe they are caused by my implants.

> >

> > It's a step in the right direction....now, if I can somehow get

> him

> > to give my insurance company documentation of my health

problems,

> so

> > maybe they would help with explant costs.

> >

>

Guest guest

>I'm not sure about my records. I mean, I distinctly remember having

to get the papers as proof for the Dow Corning settlement-I had to

mail them in to them. I can't remember if I had to mail them the

originals or not, but I do remember having to pay the hospital to

get them, so they may have been the originals.

Rogene, are there any other recommended surgeons here in Memphis

Tennessee that are on our " list " of surgeons? That one you gave me

is my last resort-I didn't like the way they talked to me at all-I

just felt like they would screw up my surgery or something, just so

I would have to get more surgery. :( I don't want to call my

insurance company to ask them if they will cover explants, because

they may drop me or something. If worse comes to absolute worst, I

am going to try a few places and try to get a loan, and then file

bankrupty again-that's the only thing I can think of. It's been 4

years since my last bankruptcy, so I still have about 6 more years I

think before I can file again....

> Leyna,

>

> The hospital may still have your records . . . they would have

sent your attorney COPIES . .. not the originals . . .

>

> Still, implant records have a way of disappearing.

>

> I think insurance companies are better about paying now than

they used to be . . . You may have to fight them a bit - but if

you're locked into them for the long haul, they know it's cheaper to

get the implants out!

>

> The clause that's the killer when they won't pay

for " complications of cosmetic surgery " .

>

> Hugs,

>

> Rogene

>

Guest guest

Mine is on one side of my head-my right side. It's constant, and does

not throb-it's more like a heavy pressure, and I've had

blurry " floaters " in my eyes recently too. I've had this headache for

a couple of months now-it never goes away.

>

> I have awful headaches it's like on the top of my head also my neck

is stiff

> right up the back and sometimes I feel like I'm choking...anyone get

this ?

>

Guest guest

Leyna, This is the only plastic surgeon recommended in Tennessee . . . Maybe someone lurking can recommend another doctor. I can understand why you were so put off by his nurse . . . but if Dr. Shanklin recommends him, he knows how to remove implants properly. That's what's important! Hugs and prayers, Rogene leyna1964 <leyna1964@...> wrote: >I'm not sure about my records. I mean, I distinctly remember having to get the papers as proof for the Dow Corning settlement-I had to mail them in to them. I can't remember if I had to mail them the originals or not, but I do remember having to pay the hospital to get them, so they may have been the originals. Rogene, are there any other recommended surgeons here in Memphis Tennessee that are on our "list" of surgeons? That one you gave me is my last resort-I didn't like the way they talked to me at all-I just felt like they would screw up my surgery or something, just so I would have to get more surgery. :( I don't want to call my insurance company to ask them if they will cover explants, because they may drop me or something. If worse comes to absolute worst, I am going to try a

few places and try to get a loan, and then file bankrupty again-that's the only thing I can think of. It's been 4 years since my last bankruptcy, so I still have about 6 more years I think before I can file again....> Leyna,> > The hospital may still have your records . . . they would have sent your attorney COPIES . .. not the originals . . . > > Still, implant records have a way of disappearing.> > I think insurance companies are better about paying now than they used to be . . . You may have to fight them a bit - but if you're locked into them for the long haul, they know it's cheaper to get the implants out!> > The clause that's the killer when they won't pay for "complications of cosmetic surgery".> > Hugs,> > Rogene>

Guest guest

Rogene,

So his name IS Dr. Wallace?

I called almost every surgeon in Memphis, and he was

the last one I called. The nurse off till Monday, and

I left my number.

I'm almost positive that this is the same lady I

talked to a few weeks ago-the one who had implants and

who said they are perfectly safe and that I'd be

totally deformed if I got them taken out without

replacements or at least a lift.

No, I'm not thrilled about calling her back,

especially since I hung the phone up on her before

pretty much. I just want these out as soon as

possible and hope I can get a loan QUICKLY.

Can anyone here recommend a loan company that will

work with bankruptcies?

--- Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote:

> Leyna,

>

> This is the only plastic surgeon recommended in

> Tennessee . . . Maybe someone lurking can recommend

> another doctor.

>

> I can understand why you were so put off by his

> nurse . . . but if Dr. Shanklin recommends him, he

> knows how to remove implants properly. That's what's

> important!

>

> Hugs and prayers,

>

> Rogene

>

>

>

> leyna1964 <leyna1964@...> wrote:

>

> >I'm not sure about my records. I mean, I distinctly

> remember having

> to get the papers as proof for the Dow Corning

> settlement-I had to

> mail them in to them. I can't remember if I had to

> mail them the

> originals or not, but I do remember having to pay

> the hospital to

> get them, so they may have been the originals.

>

> Rogene, are there any other recommended surgeons

> here in Memphis

> Tennessee that are on our " list " of surgeons? That

> one you gave me

> is my last resort-I didn't like the way they talked

> to me at all-I

> just felt like they would screw up my surgery or

> something, just so

> I would have to get more surgery. :( I don't want to

> call my

> insurance company to ask them if they will cover

> explants, because

> they may drop me or something. If worse comes to

> absolute worst, I

> am going to try a few places and try to get a loan,

> and then file

> bankrupty again-that's the only thing I can think

> of. It's been 4

> years since my last bankruptcy, so I still have

> about 6 more years I

> think before I can file again....

> > Leyna,

> >

> > The hospital may still have your records . . .

> they would have

> sent your attorney COPIES . .. not the originals . .

> .

> >

> > Still, implant records have a way of disappearing.

> >

> > I think insurance companies are better about

> paying now than

> they used to be . . . You may have to fight them a

> bit - but if

> you're locked into them for the long haul, they know

> it's cheaper to

> get the implants out!

> >

> > The clause that's the killer when they won't pay

> for " complications of cosmetic surgery " .

> >

> > Hugs,

> >

> > Rogene

> >

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

karen

well - no but my situation is a little different so don't be scared... I am not positive my capsules were removed as I never saw them... also I did not get drains which was a big no-no with me as mine were sooo contaminated.... my situation was a little different as my shells had deteriorated and a large portion was missing (I had textured 30% were missing)so this is in my body somewhere plus I didn't do any rapid detoxing afterwards as I should have. If all these things had happened I think I would not be near as sick.... I have an appt w/ Dr. Kolb next week to see the extent of my contamination -we will see them.... I have feeling after her treatments to remove all the mold and bacteria in my system this may change things tremendously... if I need another surgery I will do it...I don't care - whatever I need to get this mess out. This is why it is so important to get it done right the first time. I'll check back after a few months of treatment and we will see then. I know based on all I have read I have candida overgrowth something awful... this causes headaches, bloating, white tongue, yeast infections, etc - I have most every symptom listed on the site. the doc also believes I have sever neurotoxic illness... this may have lead to my neuro issues... seizures, etc - we will see.... I haven't done much as I was worried about $$ - I should have just taken out a loan years ago and done this and I'll bet I would be much better now - I just kept waiting for it to happen on its own which wasn't so smart my part as with the crap I had inside of me it has just kept breeding and growing making things worse.

... I look considerably worse then I did two years ago... gained weight - look pregnant.. skin looks horrible.. constant fever and infection... dizzy all the time... hair is falling out...brain fog is 100 times worse...yeast infections constantly... stomach always hurts...can't sleep... night sweats are horrible, seizures now, skin & hair is dry and cracking, have a horrible temper - uncontrollable anger fits, & more all this is new

I keep you posted

shari

Guest guest

patty

I an not sure as well

as far as the medications go... I have changed that around considerably... I do not take near as many medications as were prescribed to me in the past for my pain and such....Although I have never taken the amounts or types of meds that I have seen some others take that have had trouble healing here as I would never let it get that far....I started doing other treatments like getting the nerve blocks in my head as opposed to taking pain pills, etc.... I told my doc a while back - I said "I can not continue to take all of this crap - you have to offer some other way for me to handle this head pain other than taking pills as I am sick of them"... he looked shocked but them mentioned the nerve blocks... this may not be any better but they are non-narcotic.... they are also only every few months as opposed to daily..... he was just giving me pill after pill until I finally said ENOUGH - it is not working!!!

the nerve blocks are painful - they really are but I my opinion they are better than all the crap he kept telling me to take...

My problem is - my headaches are unbearable - I can't do anything - I can hardly speak a full sentence when they get really bad... I just lay in bed under a pillow.... until a few weeks ago - Logan was home so I had to get out of bed... I had to do things for him -play - make food, etc. I had to have a way to do these things as we had no outside help daily when was at work so I asked about the nerve blocks.... they do help for a while... not completely but make it livable so I can care for my son. I really do not have many other options... I didn't have money for daycare or a nanny... disability is putting me thru the ringer....

I think if I were alone in all of this maybe I may have healed faster as this would not have been an issue - I could have spent weeks in bed resting if needed but I could not.... I get my rest and breaks on the weekends and at night when my hubby gets home from work - now that Logan is in School it is easier as well to take the pain.

I guess having this issue with a family and a very young child makes it especially difficult to deal with the healing aspect as it makes things this much harder...and now with the epilepsy thing - I am pretty much forced to take these other meds - this put a huge chink in my healing chain as far as I am concerned as I am not allowed to miss even one dose as it may set off another seizure..... that in itself is a nightmare and a whole other topic that I have no clue how to handle....

love/hugs

shari

Guest guest

Shari, I really wish I knew why you were experiencing a worsening of your condition, rather than healing! In my years of implant support, there have only been a handful of women that I remember that didn't heal well. The one thing that I can say I've noticed is that women who lean on their doctors for healing and depend upon prescription drugs to get them through their symptoms seem to take much longer to get better. I know that drugs are sometimes needed to get through the very worst periods of pain, and in your case, I don't think you have much of a choice. I wish it were different for you! I will keep praying that you experience healing! Pattyhalvey70@... wrote: karen well - no but my situation is a little different so don't be scared... I am not positive my capsules were removed as I never saw them... also I did not get drains which was a big no-no with me as mine were sooo contaminated.... my situation was a little different as my shells had deteriorated and a large portion was missing (I had textured 30% were missing)so this is in my body somewhere plus I didn't do any rapid detoxing afterwards as I should have. If all these things had happened I think I would not be near as sick.... I have an appt w/ Dr. Kolb next week to see the extent of my contamination -we will

see them.... I have feeling after her treatments to remove all the mold and bacteria in my system this may change things tremendously... if I need another surgery I will do it...I don't care - whatever I need to get this mess out. This is why it is so important to get it done right the first time. I'll check back after a few months of treatment and we will see then. I know based on all I have read I have candida overgrowth something awful... this causes headaches, bloating, white tongue, yeast infections, etc - I have most every symptom listed on the site. the doc also believes I have sever neurotoxic illness... this may have lead to my neuro issues... seizures, etc - we will see.... I haven't done much as I was worried about $$ - I should have just taken out a loan years ago and done this and I'll bet I would be much better now - I just kept waiting for it to happen on its own which wasn't so smart my part as with the crap I

had inside of me it has just kept breeding and growing making things worse. .. I look considerably worse then I did two years ago... gained weight - look pregnant.. skin looks horrible.. constant fever and infection... dizzy all the time... hair is falling out...brain fog is 100 times worse...yeast infections constantly... stomach always hurts...can't sleep... night sweats are horrible, seizures now, skin & hair is dry and cracking, have a horrible temper - uncontrollable anger fits, & more all this is new I keep you posted shari __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Inderal LA has helped me quite a bit. I get cluster headaches, migraines, and intracranial pressure from Pseudotumor Cerebri. There isn't a moment of the day I don't have pain in my head, plus I get at least one migraine per day. The worst are either behind my eyes, or up the back of my head. (They get so bad, I can't hold my head up, yet it hurts to lay it down on something... plus, sometimes I throw up.)

Inderal LA cut the frequency of all of these by half. I've been on it before, but had to quit because I could no longer afford it. Now, I'm on regular Inderal (because it has a generic), but I'm not finding as great of relief -though still, some. Maybe 25% less.

I take Aleve constantly, and sometimes Fioricet for pain once I get a migraine if it's too bad to handle, but it just takes the edge off really. I definitely don't want to take it more often, or take something stronger--- so prevention is the best key. Inderal is a preventative measure.

If you get chronic headaches, it's worth seeing a neurologist to see what preventative measure might work for you! Headaches and migraines really do reduce the quality of your life.

Brigite :)

Guest guest

Massage and Chiropractic is what helps me with this type of thing,

also putting magnets on my upper back and neck.

Lynda

At 08:29 AM 9/22/2006, you wrote:

>I have had the same headache for about 2 weeks now. I think (from

>what I have read) that it is a tension headache. It hurts in the

>back of my head on the right side near my neck. It is usually a

>constant dull ache but I have periods of about 20 or 30 minutes

>sometimes that it hurts pretty bad. Has anyone had this after

>explant? Should I go see a doctor about it? I kind of think it will

>be a waste of time to see a doctor though. The only time it went

>away (except for being a bit sore) is yesterday after I slept until

>about noon. I was ok until the evening when it started again.

>

>Thanks

>

>

>

>

>How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

>

Guest guest

, I have been suffering from tension in my neck and shoulders for a couple of years now, which cause headaches. After explant, I was hoping it was going to end. It hasn't. My doctor has been treating it with laser acupuncture for months now. It wasn't till recently that I have responded to the treatments. I do have fewer headaches, however, I just started physical therapy and it has started up again. The tension in my neck and shoulders are worse then ever, so he has started injecting my fibro trigger points with novacain whenever it gets real bad. Hopefully, when my PT is over, I can kick this problem and get on with lifel. funx2sweet <funx2sweet@...> wrote: I have had the same headache for about 2 weeks now. I think (from what I have read) that it is a tension headache. It hurts in the back of my head on the right side near my neck. It is usually a constant dull ache but I have periods of about 20 or 30 minutes sometimes that it hurts pretty bad. Has anyone had this after explant? Should I go see a doctor about it? I kind of think it will be a waste of time to see a doctor though. The only time it went away (except for being a bit sore) is yesterday after I slept until about noon. I was ok until the evening when it started again. Thanks How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

I get MRI's on my brain every few years or so, but that's it. My husband's had a few on his body in various areas, but they haven't been real helpful in diagnosing his pain issues. (Leg pain.)

Guest guest

I've had the same headache for several months now. It's just on my right side, at the temple...it goes into my neck and shoulder. I'm sure hoping this will go away when I explant next week!Lynda <coss@...> wrote: Massage and Chiropractic is what helps me with this type of thing, also putting magnets on my upper back and neck.LyndaAt 08:29 AM 9/22/2006, you wrote:>I have had the same headache for about 2 weeks now. I think (from >what I have read) that it is a tension

headache. It hurts in the >back of my head on the right side near my neck. It is usually a >constant dull ache but I have periods of about 20 or 30 minutes >sometimes that it hurts pretty bad. Has anyone had this after >explant? Should I go see a doctor about it? I kind of think it will >be a waste of time to see a doctor though. The only time it went >away (except for being a bit sore) is yesterday after I slept until >about noon. I was ok until the evening when it started again.>>Thanks>>>>>How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.>

All-new - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

Yes, I have headaches almost daily. I was diagnosed with migraines, I

get some that feel like needles being poked into my head, and then I

get throbbing headahes, are just dull ones that are almost always

there, I am 1 year post explant but still have partial capsule that

was left there, I am scheduling my surgery today to remove residual

capsule

Terri P

--- In , funx2sweet <funx2sweet@...>

wrote:

>

> I have had the same headache for about 2 weeks now. I think (from

what I have read) that it is a tension headache. It hurts in the back

of my head on the right side near my neck. It is usually a constant

dull ache but I have periods of about 20 or 30 minutes sometimes that

it hurts pretty bad. Has anyone had this after explant? Should I go

see a doctor about it? I kind of think it will be a waste of time to

see a doctor though. The only time it went away (except for being a

bit sore) is yesterday after I slept until about noon. I was ok until

the evening when it started again.

>

> Thanks

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone

call rates.

>

Guest guest

Has anyone here had an MRI? I am sure some of you have. I couldn't get my doc to do one at all. Another doc had one done on me of my sinus cavities. I am really trying to stay away from medications to feel better. At night I use a heating pad and that helps most of the time but I am pretty much in pain all day. Pardon a silly questions, but if I use magnets, do you use a certain kind? I have heard of using magnets for health reasons but never really looked into it. Thanks Peake <peaketeresa@...> wrote: Yes, I have headaches almost daily. I was diagnosed with migraines, I get some that feel like needles being poked into my head, and then I get throbbing headahes, are just dull ones that are almost always there, I am 1 year post explant but still have partial capsule that was left there, I am scheduling my surgery today to remove residual capsuleTerri P>> I have had the same headache for about 2 weeks now. I think (from what I have read) that it is a tension headache. It hurts in the back of my head on the right side near my neck. It is usually a constant dull ache but I have periods of about 20 or 30 minutes sometimes that it hurts pretty bad. Has anyone had this after explant? Should I

go see a doctor about it? I kind of think it will be a waste of time to see a doctor though. The only time it went away (except for being a bit sore) is yesterday after I slept until about noon. I was ok until the evening when it started again. > > Thanks> > > > > ---------------------------------> How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.>

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Guest guest

I use Nikken, but I think at this point there are many out there that

will work just as well. In Japan, doctors send patients to the

pharmacy to get magnets, they are sooooo far ahead of us with health care.

Lynda

At 01:03 PM 9/22/2006, you wrote:

>Has anyone here had an MRI? I am sure some of you have. I couldn't

>get my doc to do one at all. Another doc had one done on me of my

>sinus cavities. I am really trying to stay away from medications to

>feel better. At night I use a heating pad and that helps most of the

>time but I am pretty much in pain all day.

>

>Pardon a silly questions, but if I use magnets, do you use a certain

>kind? I have heard of using magnets for health reasons but never

>really looked into it.

>

>Thanks

>

>

> Peake <peaketeresa@...> wrote:

>Yes, I have headaches almost daily. I was diagnosed with migraines, I

>get some that feel like needles being poked into my head, and then I

>get throbbing headahes, are just dull ones that are almost always

>there, I am 1 year post explant but still have partial capsule that

>was left there, I am scheduling my surgery today to remove residual

>capsule

>Terri P

>

>--- In

><mailto: %40> ,

>funx2sweet <funx2sweet@...>

>wrote:

> >

> > I have had the same headache for about 2 weeks now. I think (from

>what I have read) that it is a tension headache. It hurts in the back

>of my head on the right side near my neck. It is usually a constant

>dull ache but I have periods of about 20 or 30 minutes sometimes that

>it hurts pretty bad. Has anyone had this after explant? Should I go

>see a doctor about it? I kind of think it will be a waste of time to

>see a doctor though. The only time it went away (except for being a

>bit sore) is yesterday after I slept until about noon. I was ok until

>the evening when it started again.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone

>call rates.

> >

>

>

>

>Get your email and more, right on the

><http://us.rd./evt=42973/*http://www./preview>new .com

>

Guest guest

I had an MRI of my brain since I was having such severe brain fog. Here is the results of that MRI: MRI of brain: "Mild prominence of superior cerebellar sulci, significanceuncertain. Suggest clinical correlation." "There is mild prominence of sulciover the superior cerebellar hemispheres bilaterally, of uncertain significance. This may indicate a mild degree of cerebellar atrophy considering the patient's age." Basically it was saying that my brain seemed to be shrinking at a young age! I am doing much better and my brain fog is gone for the most part. It just took time to heal. And detoxing, of course. Pattysweet <funx2sweet@...> wrote: Has anyone here had an MRI? I am sure some of you have. I couldn't get my doc to do one at all. Another doc had one done on me of my sinus cavities. I am really trying to stay away from medications to feel better. At night I use a heating pad and that helps most of the time but I am pretty much in pain all day. Pardon a silly questions, but if I use magnets, do you use a certain kind? I have heard of using magnets for health reasons but never really looked into it. Thanks Peake <peaketeresa > wrote: Yes, I have headaches almost daily. I was diagnosed with migraines, I get some that feel like needles being poked into my head, and then I get throbbing headahes, are just dull ones that are almost always there, I am 1 year post explant but still have partial capsule that was left there, I am scheduling my surgery today to remove residual capsuleTerri P>> I have had the same headache for about 2 weeks now. I think (from what I have read) that it is a tension headache. It hurts in the back of my head on the right side near my neck. It is usually a constant dull ache but I have periods of about 20 or 30 minutes sometimes that it hurts pretty bad. Has anyone had this

after explant? Should I go see a doctor about it? I kind of think it will be a waste of time to see a doctor though. The only time it went away (except for being a bit sore) is yesterday after I slept until about noon. I was ok until the evening when it started again. > > Thanks> > > > > ---------------------------------> How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.> Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

Dear ,

Some nice massage by a reputable massage therapist would be just the

thing for you right now! If you can afford it, go for it. If not,

perhaps you have a good friend or friends that would help out. Just a

suggestion. Hope you feel better!

Guest guest

I had an MRI before I figured out it was the implants that were causing my symptoms. I had terrible terrible vertigo and my doc thought maybe it was MS. . .

Bindi

Re: Re: headache

Has anyone here had an MRI? I am sure some of you have. I couldn't get my doc to do one at all. Another doc had one done on me of my sinus cavities. I am really trying to stay away from medications to feel better. At night I use a heating pad and that helps most of the time but I am pretty much in pain all day.

Pardon a silly questions, but if I use magnets, do you use a certain kind? I have heard of using magnets for health reasons but never really looked into it.

Thanks

Peake <peaketeresa > wrote:

Yes, I have headaches almost daily. I was diagnosed with migraines, I get some that feel like needles being poked into my head, and then I get throbbing headahes, are just dull ones that are almost always there, I am 1 year post explant but still have partial capsule that was left there, I am scheduling my surgery today to remove residual capsuleTerri P>> I have had the same headache for about 2 weeks now. I think (from what I have read) that it is a tension headache. It hurts in the back of my head on the right side near my neck. It is usually a constant dull ache but I have periods of about 20 or 30 minutes sometimes that it hurts pretty bad. Has anyone had this after explant? Should I go see a doctor about it? I kind of think it will be a waste of time to see a doctor though. The only time it went away (except for being a bit sore) is yesterday after I slept until about noon. I was ok until the evening when it started again. > > Thanks> > > > > ---------------------------------> How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.>

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Guest guest

What did it show? Pattyfreebindi <bindi@...> wrote: I had an MRI before I figured out it was the implants that were causing my symptoms. I had terrible terrible vertigo and my doc thought maybe it was MS. . . Bindi Re: Re: headache Has anyone here had an MRI? I am sure some of you have. I couldn't get my doc to do one at all. Another doc had one done on me of my sinus cavities. I am really trying to stay away from medications to feel better. At night I use a heating pad and that helps most of the time but I am pretty much in pain all day. Pardon a silly questions, but if I use magnets, do you use a certain kind? I have heard of using magnets for health reasons but never really looked into it.

Thanks Peake <peaketeresa > wrote: Yes, I have headaches almost daily. I was diagnosed with migraines, I get some that feel like needles being poked into my head, and then I get throbbing headahes, are just dull ones that are almost always there, I am 1 year post explant but still have partial capsule that was left there, I am scheduling my surgery today to remove residual capsuleTerri P>> I have had the same headache for about 2 weeks now. I think (from what I have read) that it is a tension headache. It hurts in the back of my head on the right side near

my neck. It is usually a constant dull ache but I have periods of about 20 or 30 minutes sometimes that it hurts pretty bad. Has anyone had this after explant? Should I go see a doctor about it? I kind of think it will be a waste of time to see a doctor though. The only time it went away (except for being a bit sore) is yesterday after I slept until about noon. I was ok until the evening when it started again. > > Thanks> > > > > ---------------------------------> How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.> Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

It can get very scary out there in HA land. Some headaches are fairly

straightforward and everyone gets them; some that are thought to be

full-blown migraines or migraine-type are more common in women, cluster

headaches which are vascular, similar to migraines are more common in

men; other headaches are difficult to diagnose, shouldn't be just

ignored, but once you've seen a neurologist and had a scan, then it's a

matter usually, unless it *does* happen to be a big scary thing, of

getting some relief, learning to deal with stress, keeping a yearly

follow-up with the doctor, perhaps, but basically not to worry too much

about the wolves in the woods!! :-)

Been through it,

Guest guest

> I notice that about 30 minutes after eating, I get a headache. It's

not a

> terrible headache, enough to feel it but not enough to knock me out

or make

> me reach for a bottle of Tylenol. Usually it passes in about an hour

or so.

> What do you suppose that is? Sensetvity to papain and/or bromalain,

maybe? I

> take the HN Zyme Prime and Peptizide before meals. I'm up to one of

each at

> breakfast and one of each at dinner, day 5.

It can be that, especially if the headaches started shortly after you

started taking the enzymes.

Might also be the foods you are eating, which may not be addressed by

the enzymes. For example, you are not taking them at lunch. It might

also be high phenol foods.

For me, nitrates and MSG caused headaches until recently [i am

chelating myself with ALA, and this has been one of the benefits].

Also, yeast in my head caused nasty headaches.

Dana

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/28/07 4:12:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,

d.ricker@... writes:

> My husband spent the day yesterday fighting

> feelings of a seizure coming on. Kind of like a Deja-vu type

> feeling. He has had 3 previous grand-mal seizures with no cause we

> can find. Now that I know more about yeast-I wonder if this could be

> the cause. He loves mushrooms and had quite a bit this past week. I

> know he has yeast issues. Could you explain how you know if it

> is " yeast in the head "

Dorian,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. That Deja-vu type feeling was a seizure.

I've had lots of them. try convincing your teachers that you are paying

attention in school when it happens. They are generally called Petit-Mal

seizures

and there are various sub classifications. This is a good sign it means his body

doesn't go into the full blown Grand-Mal seizure. Better to have only one

part of the brain seize than to involve the whole brain. There are over 120

types of seizures. It never fails that the foods you crave are the ones that

give

you problems. I have never heard of mushrooms being the culprit but cheese

(especially blue) is notorious for causing problems.

I would look up MAOI's which are drugs given to people with bipolar for a

list of foods not to eat. The idea being that any food that mucks up the brain

while on these drugs might just be a problem for a compromised brain. Not a

scientific reason just an application of 's Law.

Colleen