RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hello everyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sue,

I would definitely look for another doctor. How is that children are being diagnosed as early as 18 months.....are these children really verbal. I mean some are but every child is different. My son was just diagnosed in June and he will be 3 in December. When he was diagnosed, he wasn't speaking any words at all. He now says a couple of things every now and again, still isn't very verbal. He also has some of the same characteristics as your son, meaning wanting to be alone, having melt downs when he is frustrated, and only eating a small variety of foods. I think having a diagnosis made me feel better knowing that there was a reason my son displayed certain behaviors as opposed to just thinking it was something that was going to pass with age. Hopefully you find the right doctor.....

From: Autism and Aspergers Treatment [mailto:Autism and Aspergers Treatment ] On Behalf Of Suzanne GrimmSent: Monday, October 18, 2010 9:04 AMAutism and Aspergers Treatment Subject: Re: Re: Hello everyone

I had gotten (my 7yr old) tested for autisum but the test were inconclusive that's what the doctor said because he is completely non-verbal they cant do some part of the test I guess I dont know about that Im looking for another doctor but its some what difficult right now since he's on ohio medicaid which os about the same as the medical card thats through welfare that my other two children are on. When he was about 2 or so I had him tested every way you could possibly test a little boy and all the catscans and mri's and even genetic testing all came back fine. I assume that the doctor just diagnosed him MRDD just so we could call it something but that same doctor to this day still says that he's mentally disabled I as his mom dont buy it cause Im with him on a daily basis and everything I've read and others that have kids that have been diagnosed Sensory Processing Disorder I think thats what has if you go by what he does day to day Ive started a journal to keep track of his moods and other things he does like I have to ask if anyone else has this issue he constantly is tearing up toilet paper and paper towels into little shreds! I have to practically keep them under lock and key cause everyone that I know just tells me to put it out of his reach well the only problem with this is he is almost as tall as I am so putting it out of his reach is pretty much putting it out of my own as well. I know what you mean about being exausting, I have three boys and the only one that isnt a real handfull is my 10yr old now dont get me wrong he has his days but since he's gotten older the issues with him are mainly doing school work and controling his temper when it comes to my 3yr old Jordan who being only 3 doesnt understand that his 10yr old brother wants to be left alone sometimes and gets mad when he doesnt leave him alone. is an adorable loving little boy until something happens to trigger a meltdown which since he doesnt talk can be an issue trying to figure out what happened to cause the ear piercing screaming and the kicking that he does during a melt down I've kinda excepted that he may be slightly mentally disabled but severely like the doctors say no I cant I wont and I also have to ask does anyone have issues with picky eating from the time he could eat adult foods has been stuck on three things PB & J sandwiches, Pizza and Chicken Nuggets. Thats all he will eat Ive try to get him to eat other things like lunchmeat ot noodles of some kind if I can manage to get him to try one bite thats all I get is that one bite and at first I didnt mind the PB & J but Jordan is allergic to peanuts thank goodness he's not severely allergic and can be in the same room while eats a sandwich but that could change as he gets older! Right now though is pizza he could eat it everyday for every meal if I'd let him so going on that Ive tried to make breakfast pizzas well that didnt work he only like pepperoni! If anyone else has had this problem and over came it please Im open to any and all suggestions Thank you I gotta get off here talk to everyone later

Sue

From: Lea Jensen <lea_m_jensen@...>Autism and Aspergers Treatment Sent: Mon, October 18, 2010 8:03:34 AMSubject: Re: Re: Hello everyone

I agree with kevin, either way if your son is having trouble he is going to get some kind of label. Atleast if its autism you have some kind of direction to start. Believe me I know how you feel, my son who will be 4 this month was just diagnosed with autism last month. And even though I knew going into the testing that something just wasnt right with him and that he most likely did have autism, it still doesnt help prepare me for the confermation. To have a stranger confirm my greatest fears about my child is one of the hardest things I have ever went through (and I'v been through some tough things.) I felt like a part of me died that day, and I'm not sure if I can ever get it back. But those are my own issues I am trying to deal with, so I dont let anyone see (especially my kids) how much I am struggling with all of this on a daily basis. But as far as my son, he isalready making good progress. We started him on the GFCF diet,b12,probiotic,multivitamins,omega 3 and calcium, and I'm already seeing some great changes. Anyway,I could talk forever,sorry. I think once the loved ones that surround our son come to terms with whats really going on with your son, you can begin to do everything you can to help him be his best. I had some people around me like that, and i listened to them too. If I hadnt I would have had my son tested a year ago, I wish I would have listened to my mommy gut then. It just comes down to you, you are his mom, and you know him better than anyone. So what does your mommy gut tell you to do? I know im new to this to,but if you need someone to talk to I will be here.

Lea

Hi, I am a new memeber, just joined over the weekend. I have an almost 5yr old son, Austin and an almost 2yr old daughter, Madelyn. We live in South Australia.My son, Austin has us puzzled. He has an absolutely amazing memory and eye for detail but his behaviour can be difficult to understand and control at times, and worsening as he becomes older. Don't get me wrong, he is still an adorable and loving little boy, but can be extremely exhausting at times. He hasn't been formally diagnosed at this point, but a trip to a different GP for a chest infection, when he was just over 3, had her asking us questions about his behavious as she believed he had similar traits to her son with aspergers. At the time we were cross that she could put that idea into our heads without offering advice about what to do about it. We have noticed some oddities about him since he was about 2, but brushed them off as children develop differently an that is quite normal. Just recently however, my sisters boys were diagnosed with AS and we started discussing the behaviours, many of which we see in Austin.We haven't taken him to be tested, although there was a time there where I was really struggling as his sister was not sleeping (we later discovered it was food allergies which were keeping her awake screaming all night)and without the sleep I needed, my patience was wearing thin. I went in for a Child and Youth Health check up, seeking help and answers as I just wasn't coping but they weren't all that helpful. They said didn't know about aspergers and to take him back to the GP if we were worried. We hung in there, and Madelyn started consuming a lot of our time in medical visits as we discovered her food intolerances (salyciilates and fructose) and adjusted her diet, resulting in full nights sleep and much happier, more patient parents and children! Of course, Austin's behaviour didn't change, but we were better equipped to deal with it and continue with our positive parenting approach. I also looked for some tips online and in books on how to best manage his behaviou! r, and mostly the tip about being direct/literal, and consistent, stateing what we want him to do (rather than what we want him not to do) has been useful.However he is almost ready to start school, and while I can handle his meltdowns at home, and my husband has learned from copying me, he will be out of our hands during the school day, which has made me start to rethink our decision not to get him tested for fear of "labelling" him for life. I can't make friends for him, and I can't stop teachers from thinking he is just a "naughty" child. I mentioned it to my mother-in-law who thinks I am being silly, and that if there was a problem it would be like you see on those current affair proigrams, where the kids just will NOT do as they are told, and the parents are at their wit's end(of course no relation of hers could be anything but 100% normal! LOL). She doesn't seem to "get" that it is a sliding scale and that many children can go through lives with problems and not living to their fulll potential, simply because it isn't picked up. She looks after him sometimes though, and I don't think she has managed to watch him once without complaining to me about his behaviour, so while she thinks he's normal, she does acknowl;edge that ghe is "difficult". My husband really doesn't like the idea of testing him either. So I am on my own (other than the newfound support of my sister who now understands the importance of picking it up early) in wanting to find out if there really is a problem.As our daughter grows, we are seeing how different she is to him in terms of development and the way she talks - she can paraphrase in her own words, but Austin sees things in black or white and at teh same age, was probably more repeating things he had heard, perhaps not really understanding what he was saying, and we all thought he had an amazing vocabulary as he spoke much more than other kids his age. Howeve when we couldn't understand him, he would completely melt down, and keep repeating the same phrase over and over, even though we didn't know what it meant. I had to go through lots of different possibilities until I finally arrived (if I was lucky!)at what message he was trying to get across (usually there was a word he had heard wrong and we couldn't understand his version of it), whereas the same thing happens with our daughter, and instead of melting down into a sobbing mess, she just tries to find another way to explain what she means.He has a superb eye for detail and will notice changes in an instant, that take us parents a week to pick up! He has always asked about and remembered street names, and from about 20 months old, would always know where we were going, based on the direction we took, even miles away from the destination. He can be read a book once and memorise every word, we often catch him "reading" to his sister and not skipping a word, even though he can't actually read yet, and if I am reading, say The Three Little Pigs and read "the wolf came BY" instead of "the wolf came ALONG" (as it is written in his book) then I am in trouble. He is super sensitive to smell and will sometimes tell me that I smell different some days, and has an obsession with lavender - HAS to pick it and collect it (which nearly resulted in him being flattened by a car as he broke free from my grip when he spotted a lavender bush out the corner of his eye on the weekend). He creates h! is own little routines, like running to the end of the driveway, picking daisies and stuffing them in the letterbox EVERY time he gets out of the car. If he can't do his routines for some reason we have a huge melt down - I have tried the normal advice of ignoring him, but this just makes him worse, and I have left him for up to 2hrs in this state without improvement and eventually gone back to my original vice hold and deep breathing which works much easier than the normal "ignoring bad behaviour/acknowledge good behaviour" technique. He is very visual minded, and often the technique of giving him a visual cue with a verbal one is helpful. Having said that though, he is obsessed with music - so he can listen to music, just not words, and if we put an instruction to music we also get results. We are often singing in this household, and even when he wanted to learn how to spell his own name, and was getting frustrated trying to remember all the letters, we put t! hem to a tune and he remembered them in an instant - you should have seen the smile fling across his face when we did that! So basically I have joined this group with the hope of finding out a little more about what makes these amazing but less understood children tick, hopefully find some great advice on things that may work to reduce the melt-down problems we are having, and better help his transition to school life. I look forward to chatting more with you, getting to know you all and your wonderful children.

===================================

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Cleveland Clinic is ranked one of the top hospitals

in America by U.S.News World Report (2009). Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for

a complete listing of our services, staff and

locations.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use

only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed

and may contain information that is privileged,

confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable

law. If the reader of this message is not the intended

recipient or the employee or agent responsible for

delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are

hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or

copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If

you have received this communication in error, please

contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in

its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you.

Guest guest

Welcome.

>

> Hi, I am a new memeber, just joined over the weekend. I have an almost 5yr

old son, Austin and an almost 2yr old daughter, Madelyn. We live in South

Australia.

>

> My son, Austin has us puzzled. He has an absolutely amazing memory and eye

for detail but his behaviour can be difficult to understand and control at

times, and worsening as he becomes older. Don't get me wrong, he is still an

adorable and loving little boy, but can be extremely exhausting at times. He

hasn't been formally diagnosed at this point, but a trip to a different GP for a

chest infection, when he was just over 3, had her asking us questions about his

behavious as she believed he had similar traits to her son with aspergers. At

the time we were cross that she could put that idea into our heads without

offering advice about what to do about it. We have noticed some oddities about

him since he was about 2, but brushed them off as children develop differently

an that is quite normal. Just recently however, my sisters boys were diagnosed

with AS and we started discussing the behaviours, many of which we see in

Austin.

>

> We haven't taken him to be tested, although there was a time there where I was

really struggling as his sister was not sleeping (we later discovered it was

food allergies which were keeping her awake screaming all night)and without the

sleep I needed, my patience was wearing thin. I went in for a Child and Youth

Health check up, seeking help and answers as I just wasn't coping but they

weren't all that helpful. They said didn't know about aspergers and to take him

back to the GP if we were worried. We hung in there, and Madelyn started

consuming a lot of our time in medical visits as we discovered her food

intolerances (salyciilates and fructose) and adjusted her diet, resulting in

full nights sleep and much happier, more patient parents and children! Of

course, Austin's behaviour didn't change, but we were better equipped to deal

with it and continue with our positive parenting approach. I also looked for

some tips online and in books on how to best manage his behaviour, and mostly

the tip about being direct/literal, and consistent, stateing what we want him to

do (rather than what we want him not to do) has been useful.

>

> However he is almost ready to start school, and while I can handle his

meltdowns at home, and my husband has learned from copying me, he will be out of

our hands during the school day, which has made me start to rethink our decision

not to get him tested for fear of " labelling " him for life. I can't make friends

for him, and I can't stop teachers from thinking he is just a " naughty " child.

>

> I mentioned it to my mother-in-law who thinks I am being silly, and that if

there was a problem it would be like you see on those current affair proigrams,

where the kids just will NOT do as they are told, and the parents are at their

wit's end(of course no relation of hers could be anything but 100% normal! LOL).

She doesn't seem to " get " that it is a sliding scale and that many children can

go through lives with problems and not living to their fulll potential, simply

because it isn't picked up. She looks after him sometimes though, and I don't

think she has managed to watch him once without complaining to me about his

behaviour, so while she thinks he's normal, she does acknowl;edge that ghe is

" difficult " . My husband really doesn't like the idea of testing him either. So

I am on my own (other than the newfound support of my sister who now understands

the importance of picking it up early) in wanting to find out if there really is

a problem.

>

> As our daughter grows, we are seeing how different she is to him in terms of

development and the way she talks - she can paraphrase in her own words, but

Austin sees things in black or white and at teh same age, was probably more

repeating things he had heard, perhaps not really understanding what he was

saying, and we all thought he had an amazing vocabulary as he spoke much more

than other kids his age. Howeve when we couldn't understand him, he would

completely melt down, and keep repeating the same phrase over and over, even

though we didn't know what it meant. I had to go through lots of different

possibilities until I finally arrived (if I was lucky!)at what message he was

trying to get across (usually there was a word he had heard wrong and we

couldn't understand his version of it), whereas the same thing happens with our

daughter, and instead of melting down into a sobbing mess, she just tries to

find another way to explain what she means.

>

> He has a superb eye for detail and will notice changes in an instant, that

take us parents a week to pick up! He has always asked about and remembered

street names, and from about 20 months old, would always know where we were

going, based on the direction we took, even miles away from the destination. He

can be read a book once and memorise every word, we often catch him " reading " to

his sister and not skipping a word, even though he can't actually read yet, and

if I am reading, say The Three Little Pigs and read " the wolf came BY " instead

of " the wolf came ALONG " (as it is written in his book) then I am in trouble.

He is super sensitive to smell and will sometimes tell me that I smell different

some days, and has an obsession with lavender - HAS to pick it and collect it

(which nearly resulted in him being flattened by a car as he broke free from my

grip when he spotted a lavender bush out the corner of his eye on the weekend).

He creates his own little routines, like running to the end of the driveway,

picking daisies and stuffing them in the letterbox EVERY time he gets out of the

car. If he can't do his routines for some reason we have a huge melt down - I

have tried the normal advice of ignoring him, but this just makes him worse, and

I have left him for up to 2hrs in this state without improvement and eventually

gone back to my original vice hold and deep breathing which works much easier

than the normal " ignoring bad behaviour/acknowledge good behaviour " technique.

He is very visual minded, and often the technique of giving him a visual cue

with a verbal one is helpful. Having said that though, he is obsessed with music

- so he can listen to music, just not words, and if we put an instruction to

music we also get results. We are often singing in this household, and even

when he wanted to learn how to spell his own name, and was getting frustrated

trying to remember all the letters, we put them to a tune and he remembered them

in an instant - you should have seen the smile fling across his face when we did

that!

>

> So basically I have joined this group with the hope of finding out a little

more about what makes these amazing but less understood children tick, hopefully

find some great advice on things that may work to reduce the melt-down problems

we are having, and better help his transition to school life. I look forward to

chatting more with you, getting to know you all and your wonderful children.

>

Guest guest

Hi I am new as well. What crossed my mind for you is to listen to the first

three podcasts over and over again until they really sink in. I'm one who likes

to take in good information all I can as fast as I can. But you can't rush

through this process. It takes time to change a life long way of thinking.

Give yourself time to soak in it. Ponder over your motivations. And take it one

day at a time. And daily give yourself little reminders of where your are

headed and why. You'll get there. One day at a time.

Guest guest

You are where I was. You can do. :)

You've done the hard part, starting. Each day make a choice to do something to

move towards your dream.

Guest guest

Check these out. Best of luck.

http://www.amazon.com/Carillon-Recordings-no-particular-order/lm/3SH6UZIRF6VOA

>

> I am a female with Autism the Aspergers kind that live in Charlotte, North

Carolina. I love Church Bells-Carillons-Electronic Carillons Especially the

Maas-Rowe Carillons.I am feeling frustrated and really need some Help because I

Very Much Want to Hear Call to worship Chimes (Angelus Chimes), Bell Peals like

8 bell Peals and 16 Bell Peals, Swinging Bells and Funeral Bells from a

Maas-Rowe Carillon in Charlotte, North Carolina and I also have Questions about

the Maas-Rowe Carillons I would like to talk to someone that knows something

about the Maas-Rowe Carillons and or works on the Maas-Rowe Carillons Live in

Person In Charlotte, North Carolina about that Can answer my questions I have

about the Maas-Rowe Carillon Systems. In Calling the Maas-Rowe Carillon Company

in California the people who answer the phones hang the phone up (this is not

good business practice) on me. When I email Rowe my Questions He never

emails me the answers to my email so I am not sure if Rowe Gets my email

that I send him. I am wondering Does anyone know of a Pastor, music minister or

someone that knows something about the Maas-Rowe Carillons that could possibly

talk to me in Person ? If you know the answers please email me at the emails

below:

> CHANNING28270@...

> CHANCHAN79@...

> CHANNING28270@...

> CHANNING28105@...

> CHANNING28105@...

> CHANNING28105@...

> CHANNING28270@...

>

> Channing

>

Guest guest

Welcome and All new Members : )

Hugs Constance in Mi

Subject: Hello everyone

weightloss

Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 12:47 PM

Just joined the group. A little bit about me..I am 32, married with a one year

old at home. I was slender growing up and around my mid twenties the pounds

started to add up. I have done all types of different programs and have lost

weight only to have it come back. The hardest is now because this is the

heaviest I have been every. My husband and I would like another baby but want me

at a healthy weight first.

I got an ipad and started to play around with podcast. I found the IOWL podcast

and enjoy it because I believe there is something deeper.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Guest guest

Welcome and All new Members : )

Hugs Constance in Mi

Subject: Hello everyone

weightloss

Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 12:47 PM

Just joined the group. A little bit about me..I am 32, married with a one year

old at home. I was slender growing up and around my mid twenties the pounds

started to add up. I have done all types of different programs and have lost

weight only to have it come back. The hardest is now because this is the

heaviest I have been every. My husband and I would like another baby but want me

at a healthy weight first.

I got an ipad and started to play around with podcast. I found the IOWL podcast

and enjoy it because I believe there is something deeper.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Guest guest

hi mark, where you from? if your in the uk i can send you a scoby and starter.

welcome to the wonderful world of kombucha!

(in chilly but sunny yorkshire)

I believe in God, only i spell it nature.

Lloyd

To: original_kombucha

Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 08:05:15 -0800

Subject: hello everyone

Just wanted to say THANK You for allowing me to be part of your group..I

would love to know where to try to find one and to get started on making my own

KT...Can't wait to start talking with everyone... Mark

Guest guest

Lloyd

Guest guest

Lloyd

Guest guest

Hi can anyone please give feedback about london deanery manikin course. how is the course and is the course sufficient for the practice as i have done dr fred course earlier conducted by mr dental. many thanks veena srinivashFrom: naveena <naveenareddy_vanka@...> Sent: Wed, 25 May, 2011 2:17:59 PMSubject: Hello everyone

Hi everyone,

Can anyone provide me contact details for Latha Mallaya course, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Guest guest

hi ajit.. thank you for the feedback you had given . when r u planning to give ore 2. r u working currently.thanks veenaFrom: Veena B <veena913@...> Sent: Wed, 25 May, 2011 2:36:24 PMSubject: Re: Hello everyone

Hi can anyone please give feedback about london deanery manikin course. how is the course and is the course sufficient for the practice as i have done dr fred course earlier conducted by mr dental. many

thanks veena srinivashFrom: naveena <naveenareddy_vanka@...> Sent: Wed, 25 May, 2011 2:17:59 PMSubject: Hello everyone

Hi everyone,

Can anyone provide me contact details for Latha Mallaya course, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Guest guest

hi naveena did you got any information about latha mallaya course. please let me know. thanksveenaFrom: naveena <naveenareddy_vanka@...> Sent: Wed, 25 May, 2011 6:47:59 PMSubject: Hello everyone

Hi everyone,

Thank you

Guest guest

I remember those swarms... for some reason it does slow down as the weather gets cooler. When spring comes just ramp up the war... maybe purchase a fogger then if you can afford one and use one of Bill's recipes to fog your place. I forgot how much I paid for my fogger... they are so worth it though. From: "alaire73" <alaire_fetters@...>bird mites Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:03:04 PMSubject: hello everyone

just dropping in to say hello. things have been gradually getting better, but every time i say that i get bit at night. there are a few bugs lingering around. i can handle a few bites compared to the swarms i was getting. i do think the weather change is helping, but terrified when spring comes around again, so i think i will live one day at a time. hope everyone is doing well. peace & love, alaire

Guest guest

Thanks Alaire, glad to hear you are getting better. Are you doing some kind of body cleansing as well ? It has changed my situation drastically !

Von: alaire73 <alaire_fetters@...>An: bird mites Gesendet: 4:03 Mittwoch, 26.Oktober 2011 Betreff: hello everyone

just dropping in to say hello. things have been gradually getting better, but every time i say that i get bit at night. there are a few bugs lingering around. i can handle a few bites compared to the swarms i was getting. i do think the weather change is helping, but terrified when spring comes around again, so i think i will live one day at a time. hope everyone is doing well. peace & love, alaire

Guest guest

Pharmacology Important Topics1) Aspirin, Other NSAIDs and

Paracetamol2)Opioid Analgesics3) Local anaesthetics (local analgesics) and vasoconstrictors4) General anaesthesia and Sedation5) Antimicrobial chemotherapy6) drugs used in the treatment of Cardiovascular disease7) Drugs and the Autonomic nervous system Less important which you might skip are8) Fate of a drug in the body9) Mechanisms of drug action10) Prescribing and the law11) Pharmacology of inflammation12) Drugs and the CNS13) Adverse

effects of drugs14) Drug interactions15) drug abuse

Guest guest

Hello everyone, I am new to the group so am just posting a little bit about

myself before asking any questions! I am 34 years old and have had CFS/ME since

1997 although since 2002 I have been much worse and have been unable to work

since then and am virtually housebound.

In 2002 I was started on thyroxine (due to borderline TSH and positive thyroid

antibodies). The thyroxine didn't make any difference to how I felt and I was

unable to tolerate more than 50mcg at that time due to racing heart. In 2006 I

started on armour thyroid prescribed by AJW. After a little experimenting with

doseage I ended up on 50mcg thyroxine and half grain armour (taken 2 x daily).

The armour has been the only thing that I have tried over the years that has

made any difference to my health. (oh other than nutri adrenal which has helped

my muscle problems a little). I had many other tests/tried different things

under AJW but nothing else helped me. I didn't have any huge improvements whilst

on armour but the improvement I did have enabled me to cope better and have a

slightly better quality of life. Also I suffered with terrible acne right

through my 20s and when I went on armour this virtually cleared up which was

unexpected to me as I didn't know at that time of any link between thyroid and

acne. At the beginning of 2009 (I think that timing is right but not 100%

sure!) I started to notice my acne flaring up again and was struggling even more

than usual with my symptoms. I didn't realise at the time but that was when the

ingredients in armour changed and the new armour didn't suit me aswell as the

old armour. I therefore changed onto nature throid. This worked slightly

better than the new armour for me but I never got back to where I was on the old

armour. Then at the beginning of last year things got worse with the news that

AJW couldn't prescribe anymore and since I ran out of nature throid I have been

back on all thyroxine. I am now able to tolerate a higher amount of thyroxine

that when I first started on medication (75mcg/100mcg on alternate days) but my

health is worse again and all my acne has flared back up. I have heard that

erfa thryoid is fairly comparible to the old armour and I would like to possibly

try that. I would try increasing my thyroxine aswell but my GP is not happy for

my TSH to be below normal and the dose I am on is the highest I can be on

without this happening. My GP is really nice though. I am unsure which is the

best way forward for me at the moment so have joined the group for some help and

support. I am considering asking my GP if he will prescribe erfa for me so my

first post will probably be about that!

I apologise if I am slow to reply to posts etc but I am unable to come on the

internet for too long each day because of the tiredness.

Bye for now

Love Elle x

Guest guest

Hello Elle

I read and respond to so many messages that read almost exactly

the same as your story, that the first thing I have to check on, is whether or

not I have already responded to this. Over and over the same messages are

coming over from patients being left to suffer so dreadfully under the supposed

care of the NHS.

CFS/ME/FM are all symptoms of hypothyroidism - all of which have

been treated successfully with the active thyroid hormone T3 (Liothyronine).

Doctors don't realise that before levothyroxine was declared as the 'gold

standard' of thyroid treatment, all sufferers of symptoms of hypothyroidism

were treated with natural desiccated porcine thyroid extract extremely

successfully. It was only when this was stopped, and patients were forced into

taking T4-only, that many started to suffer with symptoms once more. Blood

tests came in at the same time, and it was decided then that if a patient was

taking T4, and her blood tests were within the 'normal' reference range, yet

they still complained of symptoms, that they must then be suffering other

disorders such as CFS/ME or FM - and sent on their way with no help or promise

of a cure.

Have you considered that you could be suffering with one of the

many associated conditions that go along with having symptoms of

hypothyroidism. Please read the attached document, and go through these by way

of a process of elimination until you find what might be the possible cause. If

you are suffering with any of these, no amount of thyroid hormone, whether

T4-only, synthetic T4/T3 combination, T3 alone or natural thyroid hormone extract

(whatever the brand) can be fully utilised at the cellular level until whatever

you are suffering from has been recognised and treated (supplemented).

Let me know if you don't see the attachment and I will send it to you

privately.

One VERY important point to make here. You MUST ask your GP to

test your levels of iron, transferrin saturation%, ferritin, vitamin B12,

vitamin D3, magnesium, folate, copper and zinc to see whether any of these are

showing low levels. When the results come back, get these from your doctor

together with the reference range for each of the tests and post them here on

the forum, and we will help with their interpretation. Again, if any of these

are low in the range, the thyroid hormone, whatever you take simply cannot work

until your levels have been raised. Never, never allow a doctor to tell you

that your results " are within the range - and therefore you do not have a problem " .

We need to know whether your results are at the bottom, the middle or the top

of the range - Doctors are not taught this at medical school.

Erfa Thyroid is an excellent thyroid extract, but unfortunately,

they now require a doctors prescription so they are no longer on our list of

reputable Internet Pharmacies where you can buy thyroid hormones without

prescription. If you go to our FILES section, accessible from the Home Page

Menu thyroid treatment/Files/

scroll down the page that opens and click on 'Internet Pharmacies' and you will

see where you can buy natural thyroid extract. Some are very cheap and quite

excellent, including Thyroid-s - and 'Thiroyd' (correct spelling).

I will tell you that thyroid function tests are useless for

anybody who is taking thyroid hormone replacement and doctors should not be

relying on them alone, but should be titrating a patients dose by symptoms. If

a patient was taking too little, then they would complain of symptoms that were

continuing, and if taking too much would complain of hyPERThyroid symptoms.

It would be good to write a letter to your GP and put everything

into that letter you need to and ask your GP to work with you to find out the

cause of your continuing symptoms. However, we can do that when you feel

stronger and in your own time, but meanwhile, are you taking Selenium 200mcgs

daily, large doses of vitamin C 3/4000mcgs and zinc. Can you let us have the

results of your last blood tests.

Anyway, check out the attached and let us know your thoughts.

Luv - Sheila

I therefore changed onto nature throid. This

worked slightly better than the new armour for me but I never got back to where

I was on the old armour. Then at the beginning of last year things got worse

with the news that AJW couldn't prescribe anymore and since I ran out of nature

throid I have been back on all thyroxine. I am now able to tolerate a higher

amount of thyroxine that when I first started on medication (75mcg/100mcg on

alternate days) but my health is worse again and all my acne has flared back

up. I have heard that erfa thryoid is fairly comparible to the old armour and I

would like to possibly try that. I would try increasing my thyroxine aswell but

my GP is not happy for my TSH to be below normal and the dose I am on is the

highest I can be on without this happening. My GP is really nice though. I am

unsure which is the best way forward for me at the moment so have joined the

group for some help and support. I am considering asking my GP if he will

prescribe erfa for me so my first post will probably be about that!

1 of 1 File(s)

WHY THYROID HORMONE REPLACEMENT MAY NOT BE WORKING FOR YOU.doc

Guest guest

Hi Elle

Welcome to the forum!

>I am considering asking my GP if he will prescribe erfa for me so my first post

will probably be about that!

I understand that they can prescibe this on the NHS, but I'm not sure how

exactly they do this - someone else will probably know, I think a few people get

erfa thyroid on the NHS here. Do you get naturehtroid on the NHS?

There are other NDT's available too, like two from Thailand which are very cheap

and some people seem to do well on them.

Have you looked into nutrient and other hormonal deficiencies associated with

thyroid? You mention the nutri adrenal helping I think - do you still take

that?

Vitamin A (lack of ) is associated with hypothyroidism and acne, for instance.

People with hypothyroidism seem to have problems converting beta carotene to

Vitamin A

Dr. Langer's book titled Solved: the Riddle of Illness, turned out to be one of

the best sources I have found to date concerning the question of carotene

conversion and vitamin A. He devotes an entire chapter on nutrition for thyroid

illness which emphasizes the danger of extreme vegetarian diets and the problem

of carotene conversion and vitamin A deficiency.

http://users.rcn.com/cabbidge/Index.html

" Dr. Langer has this to say;

" I see too many risks in the Spartan vegetarian diet.....carotene, the vitamin

A precursor is not easily translated into vitamin A....In

hypothyroids and diabetics, this ability is nearly completely

blocked. " (p.31)

" Certain facts of life about nutrition and thyroid have been know

for the past twenty or thirty years. Yet the have never seen print in

anything but medical publications... " (p.33) "

chris

Guest guest

>

Hi Sheila

Thank you for your reply.

> Have you considered that you could be suffering with one of the many

associated conditions that go along with having symptoms of hypothyroidism.

> Please read the attached document, and go through these by way of a process

> of elimination until you find what might be the possible cause. Let me know if

you don't see the attachment and I will send

> it to you privately.

Please could you send me the attachment privately as I am unable to see a link

for it.

> One VERY important point to make here. You MUST ask your GP to test your

> levels of iron, transferrin saturation%, ferritin, vitamin B12, vitamin D3,

> magnesium, folate, copper and zinc to see whether any of these are showing

> low levels.

Although my GP is really nice I have what is almost a phobia of doctors due to

previous treatment. Even just thinking of asking for any of the tests gets me

super stressed and then makes me feel even worse. I know it shouldn't be like

this but I find it difficult to face at the moment. However I have had some of

these tests before whilst under a rheumatologist and AJW. I will therefore root

the results out for the ones I have. Maybe if I could narrow down what I needed

to ask him for I would feel better about it. I also take vitamin D3

supplementation anyway so I don't know if I would still need the D3 test?

If I did ask my GP for additional tests is there any information that you could

recommend that I could print out for him about the group - so that I could say a

little about where I have come for help etc.

>

> Erfa Thyroid is an excellent thyroid extract, but unfortunately, they now

> require a doctors prescription.

If possible I would like to try to get the erfa on prescription but I didn't

realise there were other options to the nature throid and armour so will look at

the pharmacies. If I could at least get back to where I was when I was on the

old armour then I would feel better able to cope with trying to improve my

health further but with how I feel at the moment even looking into it all is

really difficult and my confidence with seeing doctors is so low that it makes

it even harder - I'm sure it's the same for alot of people on here.

>

>

> Are you taking Selenium 200mcgs daily,

> large doses of vitamin C 3/4000mcgs and zinc.

I'm not at present although have tried them in the past with no improvement.

Can you let us have the results of your last blood tests.

My last thyroid blood test results on 5/1/12 (taking 75mcg/100mcg thyroxine at

night on alternate days) were:

TSH - 0.70 (0.27 - 4.20)

FT4 - 17.6 (11.8 - 24.6)

The last time I had my FT3 checked was on 13/6/11. (when on 75mcg thyroxine at

night) the result was:

FT3 - 5.1 (3.0 - 6.2)

My FT4 at that time was 17.3 and TSH 1.24.

Thanks very much again for your reply.

Love Elle x

PS Is there anybody reading this post who could give me some tips on using the

forum when using the 'web only' version to read it please? I have managed to

work out how to find the posts listed as the topics rather than as the

individual messages. I have also worked out that if I go to the homepage and

click 'view all' it will list the topics starting with the newest first.

However I had trouble finding my own post! Even though I went down the topics

from newest first and tried the next page (which took me to topics posted at a

date before mine) I was unable to find my post. The only way I got to it was to

type the title of it into the search box at the top. I then found it but by

doing this it brought up my post and underneath instead of having the option to

expand the replies it listed other posts with the same title as mine. I just

wondered if there is anyway I can 'mark' my own posts so that I am able to

easily find them again along with any replies and also any other tips on the

easiest way to read the forum if you're using 'web only' to read posts would be

much appreciated! Thank you very much x