a few questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 9/24/2006 3:58:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

Koalas_boutique@... writes:

#1 does anyone know where a person could find steric acid, like

locally, or a reasonable alternative

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Craft stores carry with candle supplies, calling it stearine.

Beth

_www.soapandgarden.com_ (http://www.soapandgarden.com/)

www.saponifier.com

Guest guest

You might be able to find a bag of stearic acid at craft stores with the

candle supplies. I have seen it there before.

My lotion formula is the one I sell so I cant give it to you but on teh MMS

site they have a lotion calculator. At least they use to. Also I there is

a lotion calculator in our files section.

Shaye

a few questions

Hiya, I have a few questions,

#1 does anyone know where a person could find steric acid, like

locally, or a reasonable alternative. I thought that cndle people use

it as well so I didn't know if craft staores might carry it i didn't

see anything but sometimes they call things weird names.

I was looking to make some creams some I like very much so and some

how it completly slipped my mind to order steric acid and I only have

an itty bitty amount left. I wasted a bunch on some trial cream

recipies.

also while on the subject here is question...

#2- does anyone have any pumpable lotion recipes they might be

willing to share that I could try out. preferably one that DOESN " T

include steric acid because like i stated I am out.

I have TONS of cream recipies and make various creams already. So now

im interested in trying some light lotions. plus i saw these adorable

bottles I just need to find a use for. :) But I also know that a

light cream due to the higher amount of water to oil ration is harder

to keep emulsified soo.... i just thought somone out there might

help. pretty please with cordial cherries and a carmel apple on top.

oooo wouldnt carmel apple be good for a lip gloss. YUM.

Guest guest

In a message dated 9/25/2006 11:46:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

ok thanks, yeah I did think I saw steric at one time in some candle

section at some store. I didn't see any at AC moore yesturday though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We carry it at s. I'd be surprised if other stores don't have it.

It looks a bit like sugar and is in a clear plastic bag, hanging on a hook by

candle supplies.

Beth

www.saponifier.com

Guest guest

ok thanks, yeah I did think I saw steric at one time in some candle

section at some store. I didn't see any at AC moore yesturday though.

perhaps I need one of those non chain type stores like dans crafts

and things or ben franklin or something.

Thats ok I dont mind you not wanting to share. and I have seen those

calculators but unfortunatly they all seem to use excell and the only

computer that had that is completly un usable any more and we dont

have the program nore can we seem to find one that is affordable. :(

i will keep looking. thanks for your help though.

>

> You might be able to find a bag of stearic acid at craft stores

with the

> candle supplies. I have seen it there before.

>

> My lotion formula is the one I sell so I cant give it to you but on

teh MMS

> site they have a lotion calculator. At least they use to. Also I

there is

> a lotion calculator in our files section.

>

> Shaye

>

>

>

> a few questions

>

>

>

> Hiya, I have a few questions,

>

> #1 does anyone know where a person could find steric acid, like

> locally, or a reasonable alternative. I thought that cndle people

use

> it as well so I didn't know if craft staores might carry it i

didn't

> see anything but sometimes they call things weird names.

>

> I was looking to make some creams some I like very much so and some

> how it completly slipped my mind to order steric acid and I only

have

> an itty bitty amount left. I wasted a bunch on some trial cream

> recipies.

>

> also while on the subject here is question...

>

> #2- does anyone have any pumpable lotion recipes they might be

> willing to share that I could try out. preferably one that DOESN " T

> include steric acid because like i stated I am out.

>

> I have TONS of cream recipies and make various creams already. So

now

> im interested in trying some light lotions. plus i saw these

adorable

> bottles I just need to find a use for. :) But I also know that a

> light cream due to the higher amount of water to oil ration is

harder

> to keep emulsified soo.... i just thought somone out there might

> help. pretty please with cordial cherries and a carmel apple on

top.

> oooo wouldnt carmel apple be good for a lip gloss. YUM.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

oh ok so sterine and steric acid is the same stuff?? I was thinking

they might have done something like that. dont you hate them darn

companies that enjoy confusing us people. ok thank you thank you thank

you.

>

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Craft stores carry with candle supplies, calling it stearine.

>

> Beth

> _www.soapandgarden.com_ (http://www.soapandgarden.com/)

> www.saponifier.com

>

>

>

Guest guest

In a message dated 9/25/2006 4:10:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

employees at a craft sale actually know something???

wow i would love to meet one that does. I think all they know is how

to use a register and even then it makes you wonder. See i

thought " should I ask or would it be a waste of time " and I knew it

probably would have been.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually, most of our employees know at least one craft. The trick is

finding the one who knows what you need to know when you're in there.

Knowing that stearic acid and stearine are the same thing is pretty

technical and I wouldn't expect anyone to know that unless it's someone who

makes

soap and body products, which is narrowing the field quite a bit, don't you

think?

Remember, everyone was new at their job at one time!

Beth

www.saponifier.com

Guest guest

lol lol lol :o employees at a craft sale actually know something???

wow i would love to meet one that does. I think all they know is how

to use a register and even then it makes you wonder. See i

thought " should I ask or would it be a waste of time " and I knew it

probably would have been.

see AC moore should have hired me, but no they were actually quite

rude when I told them i couldn't do saturdays because i do craft

sales. " well everyone MUST work saturdays it is a MUST. " I'm like

well ok then nice chatting with you.

>

>

>

> In a message dated 9/25/2006 11:49:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

> Koalas_boutique@... writes:

>

> oh ok so sterine and steric acid is the same stuff??

>

>

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Yup. :-) And it's not something most employees would know.

>

> Beth

> _www.soapandgarden.com_ (http://www.soapandgarden.com/)

> www.saponifier.com

>

>

>

Guest guest

yeah i saw those. But they called for steric acid but if i can just go

to the craft store and go grab some of that sterine stuff til I order

(and recive some) then I sure will without a doubt give thm a try and

play around with them a bit they do sound really nice. :) Now if i

can just get my one order delivered to me one of these days with my

oils and waxes I will be all set. I tell year it seems every year I

have a problem with suppliers and it all started with cedarale then

candlesand soaps and now this. AUGH! darn online shopping.

>

> Kbear, also MMS has several recipes ontheir site and you dont need

the

> calculator. Im sure you will find one that dosnt use stearic.

> Shaye

>

> <http://geo./serv?

s=97359714/grpId=2226641/grpspId=1600162404/msgId

> =29366/stime=1159199088/nc1=3848641/nc2=3848542/nc3=3>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Perhaps your insurance doesn't cover ambien CR. Find out from your insurance what sleep meds ARE covered and ask your doctor to change. Lee <leecuate@...> wrote: I am curious if anyone else has experienced this on treatment. I am on week 16 and have been doing reasonably well, but the last two weeks my sides have been the worse since I started. The usual headaches are twice as bad, I have been sore, tired, and basically just feeling crummy. Tuesday, I even left work early and stayed in bed all afternoon.

So far all my bloodwork has been normal. I had a test on Monday and should get the results today.Also wondering if anyone who smokes found that they smoke more on treatment. Please no lectures on the evils of smoking I will worry about that once treatment is done. I just find that I have been smoking more while on treatment.One last question about insurance. I can't figure this out, I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield 80/20 PPO. I am on three prescriptions. My copay for Pegasys is $90.00 for 28 day supply, $15.00 for 30 days of Ribavirin, but this is the part that I can't figure out for 30 AmbienCR it is $116.00.I haven't called BC/BS yet because I am glad that they are covering everything else so well and I don't want to make any waves. I know that alot of you know about insurance, maybe someone can explain this to me.Thanks Lee

Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Answers. Try it now.

Guest guest

Dear Lee, Yes, about half way through I found that the sides knocked me for a loop and my blood work was fine. My husband didn't know what to think. Because the sides had somewhat subsided. He encouraged me to drink more water, and that did help some. But the rest and napping helped more. Treatment is tough dear one and full of surprises. Yes, I smoked while on treatment. And my doctor even told me to wait till after treatment to stop. Because it would just be too much on my system to try to stop and do treatment. I can't say that I smoked anymore because actually the smell of the cigarette smoke made me sick sometimes. But the craving was there and I smoked. Go figure. The one thing I did do was switch brands of cigarettes and that helped also. Wasn't my familiar

brand of cigarettes and I just smoke less of them. Marlboro cigarettes are highly addictive and that is what I smoked. They are full of additives like chocolate and other things. I switched to a cheaper brand. Boredom was one of the reasons I smoked on treatment too. I would find that I was smoking and I really didn't need or crave the cigarette but it was there. Now the Insurance you would actually have to get your policy coverage to see about the cost of medicines. I have a co-pay and pay a flat rate for my meds. 3.00 for generics and 9.00 for brand name drugs. Each policy is different. You might want to call them and find out what they cover. Love JanetLee <leecuate@...> wrote: I am curious if anyone else has experienced this on treatment. I am on week 16 and have been doing reasonably well, but the last two weeks my sides have been the worse since I started. The usual headaches are twice as bad, I have been sore, tired, and basically just feeling crummy. Tuesday, I even left work early and stayed in bed all afternoon. So far all my bloodwork has been normal. I had a test on Monday and should get the results today.Also wondering if anyone who smokes found that they smoke more on treatment. Please no lectures on the evils of smoking I will worry

about that once treatment is done. I just find that I have been smoking more while on treatment.One last question about insurance. I can't figure this out, I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield 80/20 PPO. I am on three prescriptions. My copay for Pegasys is $90.00 for 28 day supply, $15.00 for 30 days of Ribavirin, but this is the part that I can't figure out for 30 AmbienCR it is $116.00.I haven't called BC/BS yet because I am glad that they are covering everything else so well and I don't want to make any waves. I know that alot of you know about insurance, maybe someone can explain this to me.Thanks LeeTake the ordinary things

of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Guest guest

Hi Lee, I had a time during the middle of treatment when I felt like I had been run over by a truck. My nurse had called it hitting the wall. It took a week or two but eventually passed. I finished the 48 weeks in late July and I've been clear since. It was definately worth the effort. I hope you start feeling better soon, hand in there, KathyLee <leecuate@...> wrote: I am curious if anyone else has experienced this on treatment. I am on week 16 and have been doing reasonably

well, but the last two weeks my sides have been the worse since I started. The usual headaches are twice as bad, I have been sore, tired, and basically just feeling crummy. Tuesday, I even left work early and stayed in bed all afternoon. So far all my bloodwork has been normal. I had a test on Monday and should get the results today.Also wondering if anyone who smokes found that they smoke more on treatment. Please no lectures on the evils of smoking I will worry about that once treatment is done. I just find that I have been smoking more while on treatment.One last question about insurance. I can't figure this out, I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield 80/20 PPO. I am on three prescriptions. My copay for Pegasys is $90.00 for 28 day supply, $15.00 for 30 days of Ribavirin, but this is the part that I can't figure out for 30 AmbienCR it is $116.00.I haven't called BC/BS yet because I am glad that they are covering

everything else so well and I don't want to make any waves. I know that alot of you know about insurance, maybe someone can explain this to me.Thanks Lee

Guest guest

About your sides it is normal and that stage for them to get worse ,,,,then they start easing up from my experience,. And I smoke like a chimney myself and especially when on treatment , lol it helps settle the stomach at least it helped me .

A few questions

I am curious if anyone else has experienced this on treatment. I am on week 16 and have been doing reasonably well, but the last two weeks my sides have been the worse since I started. The usual headaches are twice as bad, I have been sore, tired, and basically just feeling crummy. Tuesday, I even left work early and stayed in bed all afternoon. So far all my bloodwork has been normal. I had a test on Monday and should get the results today.Also wondering if anyone who smokes found that they smoke more on treatment. Please no lectures on the evils of smoking I will worry about that once treatment is done. I just find that I have been smoking more while on treatment.One last question about insurance. I can't figure this out, I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield 80/20 PPO. I am on three prescriptions. My copay for Pegasys is $90.00 for 28 day supply, $15.00 for 30 days of Ribavirin, but this is the part that I can't figure out for 30 AmbienCR it is $116.00.I haven't called BC/BS yet because I am glad that they are covering everything else so well and I don't want to make any waves. I know that alot of you know about insurance, maybe someone can explain this to me.Thanks Lee

Guest guest

Try Temazapam(restoril) cheap and works as good as Ambien

Re: A few questions

Perhaps your insurance doesn't cover ambien CR. Find out from your insurance what sleep meds ARE covered and ask your doctor to change. Lee <leecuatemsn> wrote:

I am curious if anyone else has experienced this on treatment. I am on week 16 and have been doing reasonably well, but the last two weeks my sides have been the worse since I started. The usual headaches are twice as bad, I have been sore, tired, and basically just feeling crummy. Tuesday, I even left work early and stayed in bed all afternoon. So far all my bloodwork has been normal. I had a test on Monday and should get the results today.Also wondering if anyone who smokes found that they smoke more on treatment. Please no lectures on the evils of smoking I will worry about that once treatment is done. I just find that I have been smoking more while on treatment.One last question about insurance. I can't figure this out, I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield 80/20 PPO. I am on three prescriptions. My copay for Pegasys is $90.00 for 28 day supply, $15.00 for 30 days of Ribavirin, but this is the part that I can't figure out for 30 AmbienCR it is $116.00.I haven't called BC/BS yet because I am glad that they are covering everything else so well and I don't want to make any waves. I know that alot of you know about insurance, maybe someone can explain this to me.Thanks Lee

Guest guest

I am on week 16 too;Once I had to stay in bed all day because the doc took allot of blood the day before. Another time I stayed in bed because I maybe got a cold from my daughter and another time it was because I had two Cokes for lunch--Go figure huh ? But with 48 weeks I got lots of time for trial and error to find out what works and what doesnt !EvKathy Kostjal <happyhiker91214@...> wrote: Hi Lee, I had a time during the middle of treatment when I felt like I had been run over

by a truck. My nurse had called it hitting the wall. It took a week or two but eventually passed. I finished the 48 weeks in late July and I've been clear since. It was definately worth the effort. I hope you start feeling better soon, hand in there, KathyLee <leecuatemsn> wrote: I am curious if anyone else has experienced this on treatment. I am on week 16 and have been doing reasonably well, but the last two weeks my sides have been the worse since I started. The usual headaches are twice as bad, I have been sore, tired, and basically just feeling crummy. Tuesday, I even left work early and stayed in bed all afternoon. So far all my bloodwork has been normal. I had a test on Monday and should get the results today.Also wondering if anyone who smokes

found that they smoke more on treatment. Please no lectures on the evils of smoking I will worry about that once treatment is done. I just find that I have been smoking more while on treatment.One last question about insurance. I can't figure this out, I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield 80/20 PPO. I am on three prescriptions. My copay for Pegasys is $90.00 for 28 day supply, $15.00 for 30 days of Ribavirin, but this is the part that I can't figure out for 30 AmbienCR it is $116.00.I haven't called BC/BS yet because I am glad that they are covering everything else so well and I don't want to make any waves. I know that alot of you know about insurance, maybe someone can explain this to me.Thanks Lee Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Answers. Try it now.

Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Hi diane, his white cells are low and thats why his doc wants him to cut back on his Interferon shot by half,, I'd ask him for neupogen instead of cutting back that dose,, one has to do 80% of the meds at least 80% of the time to have 80% chance of SVR,, but since he is a geno 1, he really needs to not lower his meds... it might not make a difference but it might reduce his chance of reaching SVR and staying clear.. WHY is the doc not giving him neupo instead of lowering his dose in INF? His Ferritin level is too high but its typical when one is on tx or has iron stored.. he should NOT take anything that contains IRON because that will raise his ferritin levels more and those high levels can reduce the chance of success too.. I hope these answers help... jaxDiane <ddnorman@...> wrote: Hello once again, I haven’t written much but I read everyday what’s news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there. Our update. My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills. Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume). Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the

spelling. 1170 Ferratin AS 44 ALT 39 23 Neutrophil White 1.9 Red 2.8 Hemaglobin 10.1 Hematacrit 29.7 P (?) 17 Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can’t reach most of them on

his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body. I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The “what if” game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven’t heard that expression in a long time! Thanks in advance for the feedback. Diane Jackie

Guest guest

Diane,

I just wanted to add that since he is continuing to work during

treatment he should ask his doctor for Procrit to elevate his red

cells and hemoglobin.

I have been working a physically demanding job throughout treatment

and the in the past couple of months my red cells dropped as well.

About 60% of people on treatment become anemic. The anemia makes you

tire out quickly while doing physcal work. You also can get out of

breath and your heart starts racing.

Loosing your normal stamina also affects your motivation to

continue treating. They haven't given me Procrit and I regret not

pressing the doctors harder for it.

My last shot of Pegasys is tommorow so I've only got a little over

a week to go.

Lee

> Hello once again,

> I haven't written much but I read everyday what's news here and

have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love

that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.

> Our update.

> My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a.

Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still

waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been

fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot,

and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the

redi pen and Ribavirin pills.

> Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the

injection amount (to ½ volume).

> Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or

tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that

explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course,

please pardon the spelling.

> 1170 Ferratin

> AS 44

> ALT 39

> 23 Neutrophil

> White 1.9

> Red 2.8

> Hemaglobin 10.1

> Hematacrit 29.7

> P (?) 17

> Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing

with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the

frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the

pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is

away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that

help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches

on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated

with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps.

But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can't reach most

of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some

Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up

probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that?

His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great

attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not

overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight

> yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a

bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this

bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.

> I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I

tend to be the worry wart in the family. The " what if " game is not

pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on

trucking! Bet you haven't heard that expression in a long time!

> Thanks in advance for the feedback.

> Diane

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

Guest guest

Congratulations, Lee, for sticking it out! Sheena Lee <leecuate@...> wrote: Diane,I just wanted to add that since he is continuing to work during treatment he should ask his doctor for Procrit to elevate his red cells and hemoglobin.I have been working a physically demanding job throughout treatment and the in the past couple of months my red cells dropped as well. About 60% of people on treatment become anemic. The anemia makes

you tire out quickly while doing physcal work. You also can get out of breath and your heart starts racing.Loosing your normal stamina also affects your motivation to continue treating. They haven't given me Procrit and I regret not pressing the doctors harder for it. My last shot of Pegasys is tommorow so I've only got a little over a week to go.Lee> Hello once again,> I haven't written much but I read everyday what's news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.> Our update.> My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was

tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills.> Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume).> Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling.> 1170 Ferratin> AS 44> ALT 39> 23 Neutrophil> White 1.9> Red 2.8> Hemaglobin 10.1> Hematacrit 29.7> P (?) 17> Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that

help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can't reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight> yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.> I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry

wart in the family. The "what if" game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven't heard that expression in a long time!> Thanks in advance for the feedback.> Diane> > > > > > > Jackie>

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q&A for great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

How quickly does this anemia occur? I'm so weak, it's a chore to get up the stairs to my bedroom. I don't feel that badly otherwise, just not good. But sooo weak. I'm just coming to the close of the forst month of tx.

Sharon

Lee <leecuate@...> wrote:

Diane,I just wanted to add that since he is continuing to work during treatment he should ask his doctor for Procrit to elevate his red cells and hemoglobin.I have been working a physically demanding job throughout treatment and the in the past couple of months my red cells dropped as well. About 60% of people on treatment become anemic. The anemia makes you tire out quickly while doing physcal work. You also can get out of breath and your heart starts racing.Loosing your normal stamina also affects your motivation to continue treating. They haven't given me Procrit and I regret not pressing the doctors harder for it. My last shot of Pegasys is tommorow so I've only got a little over a week to go.Lee> Hello once again,> I haven't written much but I read everyday what's news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.> Our update.> My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back.probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills.> Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume).> Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling.> 1170 Ferratin> AS 44> ALT 39> 23 Neutrophil> White 1.9> Red 2.8> Hemaglobin 10.1> Hematacrit 29.7> P (?) 17> Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can't reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight> yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.> I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The "what if" game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven't heard that expression in a long time!> Thanks in advance for the feedback.> Diane> > > > > > > Jackie>

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

I think it happens differently for everyone as far as how soon it happens but you are describing exactly how I felt when I was anemic. I just had like zero energy or motivation to do anything. I am so grateful for the aranesp shot, it makes a world of difference.

Ally

On 2/1/07, SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote:

How quickly does this anemia occur? I'm so weak, it's a chore to get up the stairs to my bedroom. I don't feel that badly otherwise, just not good. But sooo weak. I'm just coming to the close of the forst month of tx.

Sharon

Lee <leecuate@...> wrote:

Diane,I just wanted to add that since he is continuing to work during treatment he should ask his doctor for Procrit to elevate his red cells and hemoglobin.I have been working a physically demanding job throughout treatment and the in the past couple of months my red cells dropped as well. About 60% of people on treatment become anemic. The anemia makes you tire out quickly while doing physcal work. You also can get out of breath and your heart starts racing.

Loosing your normal stamina also affects your motivation to continue treating. They haven't given me Procrit and I regret not pressing the doctors harder for it. My last shot of Pegasys is tommorow so I've only got a little over a week to go.Lee

> Hello once again,> I haven't written much but I read everyday what's news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.

> Our update.> My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back.probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills.> Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume).> Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling.> 1170 Ferratin> AS 44> ALT 39> 23 Neutrophil> White 1.9> Red 2.8> Hemaglobin 10.1> Hematacrit 29.7> P (?) 17> Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can't reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight> yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.> I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The " what if " game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven't heard that expression in a long time!> Thanks in advance for the feedback.> Diane> > > > > > > Jackie>

Need Mail bonding?Go to the

Q & A for

great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

Your hubby has iron overload which if not treated will reduce his chances of clearing

A few questions

Hello once again,

I haven’t written much but I read everyday what’s news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.

Our update.

My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills.

Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume).

Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling.

1170 Ferratin

AS 44

ALT 39

23 Neutrophil

White 1.9

Red 2.8

Hemaglobin 10.1

Hematacrit 29.7

P (?) 17

Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can’t reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.

I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The “what if” game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven’t heard that expression in a long time!

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Diane

Guest guest

Your hubby has iron overload which if not treated will reduce his chances of clearing

A few questions

Hello once again,

I haven’t written much but I read everyday what’s news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.

Our update.

My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills.

Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume).

Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling.

1170 Ferratin

AS 44

ALT 39

23 Neutrophil

White 1.9

Red 2.8

Hemaglobin 10.1

Hematacrit 29.7

P (?) 17

Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can’t reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.

I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The “what if” game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven’t heard that expression in a long time!

Diane

Guest guest

The red and white blood cells can change immediately , that is why doctors do so many blood tests during treatment .

Re: Re: A few questions

Sharon

Lee <leecuatemsn> wrote:

Diane,I just wanted to add that since he is continuing to work during treatment he should ask his doctor for Procrit to elevate his red cells and hemoglobin.I have been working a physically demanding job throughout treatment and the in the past couple of months my red cells dropped as well. About 60% of people on treatment become anemic. The anemia makes you tire out quickly while doing physcal work. You also can get out of breath and your heart starts racing.Loosing your normal stamina also affects your motivation to continue treating. They haven't given me Procrit and I regret not pressing the doctors harder for it. My last shot of Pegasys is tommorow so I've only got a little over a week to go.Lee> Hello once again,> I haven't written much but I read everyday what's news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.> Our update.> My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back.probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills.> Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume).> Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling.> 1170 Ferratin> AS 44> ALT 39> 23 Neutrophil> White 1.9> Red 2.8> Hemaglobin 10.1> Hematacrit 29.7> P (?) 17> Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can't reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight> yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.> I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The "what if" game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven't heard that expression in a long time!> Thanks in advance for the feedback.> Diane> > > > > > > Jackie>

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

I also forgot to add that an excess of iron can start damaging other organs like the kidneys, heart , and much more damage to the liver .

A few questions

Hello once again,

Our update.

1170 Ferratin

AS 44

ALT 39

23 Neutrophil

White 1.9

Red 2.8

Hemaglobin 10.1

Hematacrit 29.7

P (?) 17

Diane

Guest guest

Well, I'm due this coming week for a blood test. The scheduling folks at my gastro's office got confused and scheduled me for something else. Don't ya know, you have to schedule for the right thing. BUT I have a standing order at the blood clinic for every month blood work, so I'll just go down there and give them a few gallons. lol

Thanks, Sharon

The red and white blood cells can change immediately , that is why doctors do so many blood tests during treatment .

Re: Re: A few questions

Sharon