I think it was my forth or fifth week that I, too, got hit really hard with the

fatigue. It was

sort of a wam bam affect! Before that, I had found myself getting really tired

in the middle

of the day - but usually if I rested a bit, I would revive pretty quickly. Now

I just get some

days that knock me out. It could be anemia - which you'll find out from your

blood work -

or just the overall of effect of the treatment kicking in.

I kind of wondered - watching my blood work - if sometimes when my numbers drop

(although still in the normal range) - that might cause the fatigue that day.

And then as

my body adjusts to the change, I regain some momentum?

> > Hello once again,

> > I haven't written much but I read everyday what's news here and

> have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love

> that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.

> > Our update.

> > My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a.

> Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still

> waiting for his test to come back.probably today. He has been

> fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot,

> and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the

> redi pen and Ribavirin pills.

> > Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the

> injection amount (to ½ volume).

> > Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or

> tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that

> explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course,

> please pardon the spelling.

> > 1170 Ferratin

> > AS 44

> > ALT 39

> > 23 Neutrophil

> > White 1.9

> > Red 2.8

> > Hemaglobin 10.1

> > Hematacrit 29.7

> > P (?) 17

> > Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing

> with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the

> frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the

> pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is

> away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that

> help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches

> on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated

> with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps.

> But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can't reach most

> of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some

> Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up

> probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that?

> His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great

> attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not

> overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight

> > yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a

> bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this

> bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.

> > I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I

> tend to be the worry wart in the family. The " what if " game is not

> pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on

> trucking! Bet you haven't heard that expression in a long time!

> > Thanks in advance for the feedback.

> > Diane

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Jackie

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--

> Need Mail bonding?

> Go to the Q & A<http://answers./dir/

index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21

haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask & sid=396546091> for great tips from

Answers<http://answers./dir/

index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21

haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask & sid=396546091> users.

>

, What you say makes very good sense. I'm feeling a lttle better as the day goes on. I'm sure that I'm just having a bad day and had a bad night last night. As you said, it just kind of hit me in the middle of the night. Felt awful and could not get myself up for a time this morning. I've had anemia in the past and I really don't think that's what's going on now, since I'm rallying as the day goes on.

Thanks!! Reality checks are priceless. lol

Sharon

Sharon,I think it was my forth or fifth week that I, too, got hit really hard with the fatigue. It was sort of a wam bam affect! Before that, I had found myself getting really tired in the middle of the day - but usually if I rested a bit, I would revive pretty quickly. Now I just get some days that knock me out. It could be anemia - which you'll find out from your blood work - or just the overall of effect of the treatment kicking in. I kind of wondered - watching my blood work - if sometimes when my numbers drop (although still in the normal range) - that might cause the fatigue that day. And then as my body adjusts to the change, I regain some momentum?

I saw that too,, but its possible that his ferritin levels went up because of tx,, as tx caused mine to go up to 717, but promptly fell back to normal after I finished tx.. maybe his will too but you are right, it might reduce his chances of SVRelizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Your hubby has iron overload which if not treated will reduce his chances of clearing A few questions Hello once again, I haven’t written much but I read everyday what’s news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows

from these threads. Thanks for being there. Our update. My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills. Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume). Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling. 1170 Ferratin AS 44 ALT 39 23 Neutrophil White 1.9 Red 2.8 Hemaglobin 10.1 Hematacrit 29.7 P (?) 17 Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty

itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can’t reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body. I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry

wart in the family. The “what if” game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven’t heard that expression in a long time! Thanks in advance for the feedback. Diane Jackie

sharon, your RBC's and hemoglobin have probably dropped significantly.. most docs give you procrit IF your labs show a 2 point drop in either of those.. and yes, they can happen quite quickly.. I remember at the 4 week point sitting and having a good cry realizing that this was my life for the next year... I very rarely felt really awful except the day after shot day,, but just the ongoing severe fatigue was enough!SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: How quickly does this anemia occur? I'm so weak, it's a chore to get up the stairs to my bedroom. I don't feel that badly otherwise, just not good. But sooo weak. I'm just coming to the close of the forst month of tx. Sharon Lee <leecuatemsn> wrote: Diane,I just wanted to add that since he is continuing to work during treatment he should ask his doctor for Procrit to elevate his red cells and hemoglobin.I have been working a physically demanding job throughout treatment and the in the past couple of months my red cells dropped as well. About 60% of people on treatment become anemic. The anemia makes

you tire out quickly while doing physcal work. You also can get out of breath and your heart starts racing.Loosing your normal stamina also affects your motivation to continue treating. They haven't given me Procrit and I regret not pressing the doctors harder for it. My last shot of Pegasys is tommorow so I've only got a little over a week to go.Lee> Hello once again,> I haven't written much but I read everyday what's news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.> Our update.> My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back.probably today. He has been

fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills.> Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume).> Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling.> 1170 Ferratin> AS 44> ALT 39> 23 Neutrophil> White 1.9> Red 2.8> Hemaglobin 10.1> Hematacrit 29.7> P (?) 17> Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home

but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can't reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight> yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.> I think that I am the one handling this

whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The "what if" game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven't heard that expression in a long time!> Thanks in advance for the feedback.> Diane> > > > > > > Jackie> Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie

This last time I treated I had to have the phlebotomies before hand and wow did it make a difference I was almost cleared by week 12 ....the only thing that stopped me from clearing was my dang heart lol

A few questions

Hello once again,

I haven’t written much but I read everyday what’s news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.

Our update.

My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills.

Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume).

Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling.

1170 Ferratin

AS 44

ALT 39

23 Neutrophil

White 1.9

Red 2.8

Hemaglobin 10.1

Hematacrit 29.7

P (?) 17

Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can’t reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.

I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The “what if” game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven’t heard that expression in a long time!

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Diane

Jackie

You hit the nail on the head, Jackie. I'm telling myself daily to get a grip, this is ONLY the first month. lol I'm sooo glad I asked my doc to raise the level of my anti depressants. I feel like hell, but I'm in a good mood. It helps that 4 family members called today to see how I am. lol I'll go in after the week end and give some blood, find out where I am right now.

Re: Re: A few questions

sharon, your RBC's and hemoglobin have probably dropped significantly.. most docs give you procrit IF your labs show a 2 point drop in either of those.. and yes, they can happen quite quickly.. I remember at the 4 week point sitting and having a good cry realizing that this was my life for the next year... I very rarely felt really awful except the day after shot day,, but just the ongoing severe fatigue was enough!

my ferritin levels might have been higher and I didnt know,, it wasnt until I needed the new insurance company to continue to pay for procrit that my doc checked the actual ferritin levels,, but when we saw that they were so high, I emailed Dr. Cecil and he said that it was from tx and that it would go away when I was finished,, and he was right,, it did.. so probably I was not ferritin high before tx..elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: This last time I treated I had to have the

phlebotomies before hand and wow did it make a difference I was almost cleared by week 12 ....the only thing that stopped me from clearing was my dang heart lol A few questions Hello once again, I haven’t written much but I read everyday what’s news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there. Our update. My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is

geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills. Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume). Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling. 1170

Ferratin AS 44 ALT 39 23 Neutrophil White 1.9 Red 2.8 Hemaglobin 10.1 Hematacrit 29.7 P (?) 17 Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can’t reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10

times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body. I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The “what if” game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven’t heard that expression in a long time! Thanks in advance for the feedback. Diane Jackie Jackie

Well sharon,, the good thing is that by now you have probably endured all the side effects you are going to suffer! I had my anti-d raised before I started tx and I never had any real bad moods or increase in depression.. I'd bet that you have dropped 2 points and you need the procrit,,, even if you are not down below 10,,or maybe you are,, so,, just get the labs and see where you are.. I found that when I didnt get all my water, I had more fatigue too,, so are you getting all your water? it really DOES make the difference....as does taking the pills with some fat and making sure I got enough protein,, those were the 3 things that I found the most helpful!SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: You hit the nail on the head, Jackie. I'm telling myself daily to get a grip, this is ONLY the first month. lol I'm sooo glad I asked my doc to raise the level of my anti depressants. I feel like hell, but I'm in a good mood. It helps that 4 family members called today to see how I am. lol I'll go in after the week end and give some blood, find out where I am right now. Re: Re: A few questions sharon, your RBC's and hemoglobin have probably dropped significantly.. most docs give you procrit IF your labs show a 2 point drop in either of those.. and yes, they can happen quite quickly.. I remember at the 4 week point sitting and having a good cry realizing that this was my life for the next year... I very rarely felt really awful except the day after shot day,, but just the ongoing severe fatigue was enough! Jackie

Yeah but on the other hand an impaired liver can cause high iron levels so once ya treat the liver gets better .......so the iron comes down lol it can go both ways hee\he

A few questions

Hello once again,

I haven’t written much but I read everyday what’s news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.

Our update.

My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills.

Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume).

Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling.

1170 Ferratin

AS 44

ALT 39

23 Neutrophil

White 1.9

Red 2.8

Hemaglobin 10.1

Hematacrit 29.7

P (?) 17

Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can’t reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.

I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The “what if” game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven’t heard that expression in a long time!

Diane

Jackie

Jackie

well I think that mine was elevated from the treatment cuz once I finished tx it came right back to normal within 2 months..elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Yeah but on the other hand an impaired liver can cause high iron levels so once ya treat the liver gets better .......so the iron comes down lol it can go both ways hee\he A few questions Hello once again, I haven’t written much but I read everyday what’s news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there. Our update. My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills. Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume). Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have

researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling. 1170 Ferratin AS 44 ALT 39 23 Neutrophil White 1.9 Red 2.8 Hemaglobin 10.1 Hematacrit 29.7 P (?) 17 Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts

cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can’t reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body. I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The “what if” game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on

trucking! Bet you haven’t heard that expression in a long time! Thanks in advance for the feedback. Diane Jackie Jackie Jackie

yes, I WAS very lucky,, and with my rbcs sitting at 1.0 and hemoglobin at 7.0.. I WOULD have been in trouble...elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: You are very lucky Jackie , cause the phlebotomies take allot of energy out of a person .. A few questions Hello once again, I haven’t

written much but I read everyday what’s news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there. Our update. My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills. Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection

amount (to ½ volume). Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling. 1170 Ferratin AS 44 ALT 39 23 Neutrophil White 1.9 Red 2.8 Hemaglobin 10.1 Hematacrit 29.7 P (?) 17 Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs

while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can’t reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body. I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The “what if” game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven’t heard that expression in a long time! Thanks in advance for the feedback. Diane Jackie Jackie Jackie Jackie

Wow you would have been in a real pickle then . I sure hope the doc had u on procrit?

A few questions

Hello once again,

Our update.

1170 Ferratin

AS 44

ALT 39

23 Neutrophil

White 1.9

Red 2.8

Hemaglobin 10.1

Hematacrit 29.7

P (?) 17

Diane

Jackie

Jackie

Jackie

Jackie

hello everyone..... sorry that i haven't said anyting for awhile but i have

been very sick..i made another appointment to see dr j bremer in cookeville.

for the 16th maybe this time i wont chicken out. i hate going to these

appointments. always scared to find out bad news.

>From: " elizabethnv1 " <elizabethnv1@...>

>Reply-Hepatitis C

><Hepatitis C >

>Subject: Re: A few questions

>Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 22:42:39 -0800

>

>Wow you would have been in a real pickle then . I sure hope the doc had u

>on procrit?

> A few questions

>

>

> Hello once again,

> I haven't written much but I read everyday what's news

>here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love

>that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.

> Our update.

> My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno

>1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting

>for his test to come back.probably today. He has been fighting the good

>fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella

>hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills.

> Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on

>the injection amount (to ½ volume).

> Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make

>heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that

>explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please

>pardon the spelling.

> 1170 Ferratin

> AS 44

> ALT 39

> 23 Neutrophil

> White 1.9

> Red 2.8

> Hemaglobin 10.1

> Hematacrit 29.7

> P (?) 17

> Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is

>dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the

>frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma

>company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home

>but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really

>zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar

>area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone

>cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home

>as he can't reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go

>ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch.

>He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like

>that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great

>attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and

>is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is

>hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I

>know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.

> I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal

>poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The " what if " game is

>not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on

>trucking! Bet you haven't heard that expression in a long time!

> Thanks in advance for the feedback.

> Diane

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

>

Get in the mood for Valentine's Day. View photos, recipes and more on your

Live.com page.

http://www.live.com/?addTemplate=ValentinesDay & ocid=T001MSN30A0701

Deanna, the anticipation is always worse. It's the fear of the unknown that gets us. GO, find out what you fight and you will feel better for the knowing. THEN you can clear your mind and concentrate on fighting it.

Sharon

Re: A few questions

hello everyone..... sorry that i haven't said anyting for awhile but i have been very sick..i made another appointment to see dr j bremer in cookeville. for the 16th maybe this time i wont chicken out. i hate going to these appointments. always scared to find out bad news.

well you can't fight what you dont know,, and your news may not be as bad as you are anticipating,, just go and get the info you need to make a decision about what to do next! Honest, you WILL feel better once you know,, its the NOT KNOWING that is awful! jaxdeanna key <baby.doll.1970@...> wrote: hello everyone..... sorry that i haven't said anyting for awhile but i have been very sick..i made another appointment to see dr j bremer in cookeville. for the 16th maybe this time i wont chicken out. i hate going to these appointments. always scared to find out bad news.>From: "elizabethnv1" >Reply-Hepatitis C >>Subject: Re: A few questions>Date:

Fri, 2 Feb 2007 22:42:39 -0800>>Wow you would have been in a real pickle then . I sure hope the doc had u >on procrit?> A few questions>>> Hello once again,> I haven't written much but I read everyday what's news >here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love >that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there.> Our update.> My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno >1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting >for his test to come back.probably today. He has been fighting the good >fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella >hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills.> Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on >the

injection amount (to ½ volume).> Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make >heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that >explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please >pardon the spelling.> 1170 Ferratin> AS 44> ALT 39> 23 Neutrophil> White 1.9> Red 2.8> Hemaglobin 10.1> Hematacrit 29.7> P (?) 17> Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is >dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the >frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma >company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home >but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really >zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar >area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal

lotion and puts cortisone >cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home >as he can't reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go >ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. >He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like >that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great >attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and >is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is >hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I >know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body.> I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal >poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The "what if" game is >not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on

>trucking! Bet you haven't heard that expression in a long time!> Thanks in advance for the feedback.> Diane>>>> Jackie>>>> Jackie>>>> Jackie>>>> Jackie>>_________________________________________________________________Get in the mood for Valentine's Day. View photos, recipes and more on your Live.com page. http://www.live.com/?addTemplate=ValentinesDay & ocid=T001MSN30A0701It's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have found the support you need with us. If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, just click the link-- Hepatitis C/Happy Posting

Yes,, I WOULD have been! Yes my doc had me on procrit,, but if you remember, and you probably dont, lol,, I WAS using 3 shots of procrit a week and half way through my treatment AMR changed our insurance and the new insurance company initially did NOT want to pay for the procrit,, then they finally approved it but ONLY 1 shot per week of each,, so after a few weeks,, my rbc's and hemoglobin really started dropping because they wouldnt let me have enought procrit to keep it up... thats when they told the doc and me that I should have IRON for the anemia!!! lol,, yeah,, with a ferritin level of 717???? Thats when MY doc said that " Im so angry that some idiot with an 8th grade education sitting behind some desk has the authority to approve or disapprove procrit for MY patient"..... elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Wow you would have been in a real pickle then . I sure hope the doc had u on procrit? A few questions Hello once again, I haven’t written much but I read everyday what’s

news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there. Our update. My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills. Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½

volume). Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling. 1170 Ferratin AS 44 ALT 39 23 Neutrophil White 1.9 Red 2.8 Hemaglobin 10.1 Hematacrit 29.7 P (?) 17 Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from

home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can’t reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body. I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The “what if” game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven’t heard that expression in a long time! Thanks in advance for the feedback. Diane Jackie Jackie Jackie Jackie Jackie

Hahaha your doc sounds like he is da best

A few questions

Hello once again,

Our update.

1170 Ferratin

AS 44

ALT 39

23 Neutrophil

White 1.9

Red 2.8

Hemaglobin 10.1

Hematacrit 29.7

P (?) 17

Diane

Jackie

Jackie

Jackie

Jackie

Jackie

HE IS and I MISS him so much,, I sure wished I could have moved him down here with us when we moved... We have such a shortage of primary care docs here in Nevada County but I have found one that I can work with at least.. she is a DO but does not believe in vitamins, lol,, so we DO go round and round on that.. but IM educating her some and she is becoming less and less against everything except pharmaceuticals!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Hahaha your doc sounds like he is da

best A few

questions Hello once again, I haven’t written much but I read everyday what’s news here and have been blessed with all the info, support and out and out love that flows from these threads. Thanks for being there. Our update. My hubby is due for his 14th injection today. He is geno 1a. Before treatment his viral load was 300,000+ and we are still waiting for his test to come back…probably today. He has been fighting the good fight. I

always knew he was tougher than a boot, and he is an amazing fella hanging in there with this. He uses the redi pen and Ribavirin pills. Yesterday the doc called and wants him to cut back on the injection amount (to ½ volume). Here are his numbers in hopes someone can help make heads or tails of them for me. I have researched and found a cool site that explains what is normal but what does this all mean? Of course, please pardon the spelling. 1170 Ferratin AS 44 ALT 39 23 Neutrophil White 1.9 Red 2.8 Hemaglobin 10.1 Hematacrit 29.7 P (?) 17 Sides? the fatigue is the most obvious of sides he is dealing with. Yes, he is still working. 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in the frozen far north slope of Alaska. (we went round and round with the pharma company on getting the amount of meds he needs while he is away from home but now we have a case manager and boy, does that help!!) The cold really zaps him. He has these nasty itchy patches on his back and sides and collar area. He keeps his skin hydrated with oatmeal lotion and puts cortisone cream on them and that helps. But of course that is mostly when he is home as he can’t reach most of them on his back. Doc told us last night to go ahead and use some Benadryl tabs in hopes that helps with the insane itch. He is up probably 10 times during the night to pee. Everyone else like that? His already thinning hair is definitely thinning now. He has a great attitude and is a health nut. Has been for

years. He is not overweight and is (was) in great shape. I notice a slight yellow tint to his skin. It is hard for me to watch him loose a bit of muscle of mass. He was SOOO buff. I know if he can slay this bastard dragon he will rebuild his body. I think that I am the one handling this whole ordeal poorly. I tend to be the worry wart in the family. The “what if” game is not pleasant and I try not to play it. We just stay busy and keep on trucking! Bet you haven’t heard that expression in a long time! Thanks in advance for the feedback. Diane Jackie Jackie Jackie Jackie Jackie Jackie

LOL get er

A few questions

Hello once again,

Our update.

1170 Ferratin

AS 44

ALT 39

23 Neutrophil

White 1.9

Red 2.8

Hemaglobin 10.1

Hematacrit 29.7

P (?) 17

Diane

Jackie

Jackie

Jackie

Jackie

Jackie

Jackie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tasha,

The ortho's at childrens San Diego x-rayed standing (falling) off a stool

on Jan. 10, 2007 and her measurements were 60 Cobb 28 RVAD. On Feb. 5th the

Ortho in Erie xrayed her lying down and it came back 43 Cobb 7 RVAD. Big

difference. The xray tech in Erie also stayed in the room and held one side of

her, while I held the other to reduce her movement. According to Dr. Khoury in

Erie, they do not xray standing until the child is 3 years old. Not sure what is

better or more accurate, but being in the room during all her xrays, it

certainly felt/seemed more professional, and consistant in Erie.

Momma to daughters Raegan 3 and 16 months

A few questions

How do your doctors Xray?

Standing or laying down?

What is best?

And is there a big difference in measurements from laying down vs standing up?

Thanks,

Tasha

Tasha

Mommy to twin boys- and 21 months

Fort Worth, Texas

------------ --------- --------- ---

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love

(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

we have always taken lexi's xrays standing. we were told that it gives a more

accurate picture of the curve. also they never prop her in anyway or hold her

arms over her head...they did that once and we had to retake the film since it

was basically manipulating her natural stance and therefore changing the real

view of the curve. standing in theory just makes more sense to me. as long as

the child is standing in their natural stance it makes sense that standing in

that manner would show the curve as it is.

just my 2 cents :-)

tracey

A few questions

How do your doctors Xray?

Standing or laying down?

What is best?

And is there a big difference in measurements from laying down vs standing up?

Thanks,

Tasha

Tasha

Mommy to twin boys- and 21 months

Fort Worth, Texas

---------------------------------

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love

(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

I dont use a weighted blanket although my sons ot suggested I get one..Where I have no clue! My son is about to be 4 years old and sleeps in the bed with me so He can put his legs between mine while he sleeps. He also has a big elmo he needs over his back while he sleeps also. If I could lay on top of him he would just love it! If anyone has any sites where I can get a weighted blanket please let me know.

Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

Guest guest

I have 2, they are 2 year old twin boys. It can be very overwhelming. I am also interested in knowing about the weighted blankets.

-

On 4/6/07, Angel <manicmom4@...> wrote:

first a big Hello to the new members, I have been MIA for awhile. I want to ask two things,1. how many of you use weighted blankets, and if you do how sucessful are they?2. is there anyone onlist who has more than one AS child at home?

I have 2 and I am finding it a bit overwhelming at times. -- Quote of the Day:

" If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars. " ~ Rabindranath Tagore

Guest guest

my daughter's ot therapist uses the blanket in therapy, she says my daughter does real good with it, it's supposed to help them feel more aware of their body. if it continues to work she is going to see if the ins will pay for it at home. i also heard from my daughter's teacher that in another class there is a boy that uses it and they have seen great results in him...good luck.

cheryl

a few questions

first a big Hello to the new members, I have been MIA for awhile. I want to ask two things,1. how many of you use weighted blankets, and if you do how sucessful are they?2. is there anyone onlist who has more than one AS child at home?I have 2 and I am finding it a bit overwhelming at times.

Guest guest

I have 2 kids who have pddnos atypical autism (hfa) and mr ,then the other one ontop of that has odd and adhd and sep anxiety.AND YES IT IS VERY OVERWHELMING AND THERE ARE DAYS I DONT THINK I AM EVEN SANE ANYMORE.IF U WANT TO CHAT U CAN EMAIL ME OR IM I AM HERE MOST ALL THE TIME EVEN IF IT IS MARKED OFFLINE LOL

a few questions

first a big Hello to the new members, I have been MIA for awhile. I want to ask two things,1. how many of you use weighted blankets, and if you do how sucessful are they?2. is there anyone onlist who has more than one AS child at home?I have 2 and I am finding it a bit overwhelming at times.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Search movie showtime shortcut.