>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi,It's not detox...my husband brought home a cold from work...I took tons of vitamin c, hoping I could fight it off but no luck.How long have you been on iodine?len From: Rae <tooblessttobstressed@...> "iodine " <iodine > Sent:

Monday, February 13, 2012 9:39 AM Subject: Re: New member--success stories?

Hi that cold may be bromite or how ever you spell it leaving your body. Did you change your diet by getting white flour and fluoride out of your diet. Hope you see some good results soon. I don't have the brain fog as bad but still not much energy and some crankiness which may be the bromite but I cannot do a lot of the salt loading to it making my blood pressure nuts so I do the pulsing and go off 1 to 2 days a week . RaeSent from my iPodOn Feb 13, 2012, at 11:49 AM, len Ramsey <joellenr@...> wrote:

After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I have been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to 150mg/day and have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week in a major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy periods for years and the last one was just as miserable as ever. Someone mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering with one right now. Most of the people who responded said they noticed results within a very short time. Is there anyone who had to wait longer to see improvements?BTW, I'm taking the companion nutrients and salt-loading.len From: Rae <tooblessttobstressed@...> "iodine " <iodine > Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:03 PM Subject: Re: New member--success stories?

Hi Sandy I deal with Gastroparesis and had horrible constipation but after just a week I am off most of my bowel meds and on just a 1/2 dose of Carafate for the stomach lining . I have a little problem with the salt raising my blood pressure so I do the pulse dosing and go off one to two days a week. I am up to 10 drops a day. RaeSent from my iPodOn Feb 12, 2012, at 5:42 PM, "S" <slowe418@...> wrote:

I am a new member to the group and just started taking iodine yesterday. I have been reading all the recent messages and seeing a lot of messages on negative side effects. I have done a lot of reading on all of the positive effects of iodine/iodide, but would any of you be willing to share how it has changed your health for the better? When I read things on websites trying to sell something I am never sure how honest it is?

Thank you in advance!

Sandy

=

=

Guest guest

Yes, I am taking all the companion nutrients, including the atp cofactors.len From: Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 9:41 AM Subject: Re: New member--success stories?

Have you added in the ATP Cofactors (B2/B3)? It can make a huge difference for some. in Alaska

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM, len Ramsey <joellenr@...> wrote:

After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I have been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to 150mg/day and have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week in a major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy periods for years and the last one was just as miserable as ever. Someone mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering with one right now. Most of the people who responded said they noticed results within a very short time. Is there anyone who had to wait longer to see improvements?

BTW, I'm taking the companion nutrients and salt-loading.

Guest guest

I am doing ozone treatments which are supposed to be a big detoxer. I take a ton of supplements, because I am also fighting cancer.I don't really have any detox symptoms other than being foggy headed and tired but I was that way before I started iodine.I haven't tried pregnenolone. I don't know anything about it. If it effects my hormones, I'm a little afraid of it, because I had estrogen positive breast cancer.I do think my adrenals might be involved but I haven't been able to find a doctor to take it seriously.len

From: Baker <vbaker@...> iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:04 AM Subject: Re: New member--success stories?

What have you done to work on your detox pathways, len?

Have you tried taking pregnenolone? It's a hormone precursor so the body can use it to

create what it needs-- steroids-- so estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, adrenals. Some

people think you should be tested first, but I had been tested for adrenals and knew mine

were very very bad. It's also a precursor, not a hormone itself. Anyway just a thought.

But your detox pathways are very important.

--

On 13 Feb 2012 at 8:49, len Ramsey wrote:

>

>

>

> After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I have

> been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to 150mg/day and

> have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any

> earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week in a

> major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy periods for

> years and the last one was just as miserable as ever. Someone

> mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering with one right

> now. Most of the people who responded said they noticed results within

> a very short time. Is there anyone who had to wait longer to see

> improvements? BTW, I'm taking the companion nutrients and

> salt-loading.

>

> len

>

>

> From: Rae <tooblessttobstressed@...>

> "iodine " <iodine >

> Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:03 PM

> Subject: Re: New member--success stories?

>

>

> Hi Sandy I deal with Gastroparesis and had horrible constipation but

> after just a week I am off most of my bowel meds and on just a 1/2

> dose of Carafate for the stomach lining . I have a little problem with

> the salt raising my blood pressure so I do the pulse dosing and go off

> one to two days a week. I am up to 10 drops a day. Rae

>

> Sent from my iPod

>

> On Feb 12, 2012, at 5:42 PM, "S" <slowe418@...> wrote:

>

>

>

> I am a new member to the group and just started taking iodine

> yesterday. I have been reading all the recent messages and seeing a

> lot of messages on negative side effects. I have done a lot of reading

> on all of the positive effects of iodine/iodide, but would any of you

> be willing to share how it has changed your health for the better?

> When I read things on websites trying to sell something I am never

> sure how honest it is?

>

> Thank you in advance!

> Sandy

>

>

>

> =

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I am taking the cofactors from optimox.len From: Baker <vbaker@...> iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:07 AM Subject: Re: New member--success stories?

That's right, thank you. That's why it is listed as an optional companion nutrient, is because a

large number of people need it to start using the iodine optimally. I'd go so far as to say that

anyone who is unhappy with their iodine protocol results should do the ATP Co-factors as a

matter of course. You don't have to the buy the convenient product that already has the

proper amounts all in one but costs a bit more. You can buy the two Bs separately and take

them that way.

--

On 13 Feb 2012 at 8:41, Hidden Jewel wrote:

>

>

>

> Have you added in the ATP Cofactors (B2/B3)? It can make a huge

> difference for some.

>

> in Alaska

>

>

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM, len Ramsey <joellenr@...>

> wrote:

>

> salt-loading.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

So am I the only one who didn't get quick results from iodine?len From: Baker <vbaker@...> iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:07 AM Subject: Re: New member--success stories?

That's right, thank you. That's why it is listed as an optional companion nutrient, is because a

large number of people need it to start using the iodine optimally. I'd go so far as to say that

anyone who is unhappy with their iodine protocol results should do the ATP Co-factors as a

matter of course. You don't have to the buy the convenient product that already has the

proper amounts all in one but costs a bit more. You can buy the two Bs separately and take

them that way.

--

On 13 Feb 2012 at 8:41, Hidden Jewel wrote:

>

>

>

> Have you added in the ATP Cofactors (B2/B3)? It can make a huge

> difference for some.

>

> in Alaska

>

>

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM, len Ramsey <joellenr@...>

> wrote:

>

> salt-loading.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

len,

Are you monitoring thyroid labs?

Linn

> >

> >

> > 

> >>I am a new member to the group and just started taking iodine yesterday. I

have been reading all the recent messages and seeing a lot of messages on

negative side effects. I have done a lot of reading on all of the positive

effects of iodine/iodide, but would any of you be willing to share how it has

changed your health for the better? When I read things on websites trying to

sell something I am never sure how honest it is?

> >>

> >>Thank you in advance!

> >>Sandy

> >>

> >>=

> >

> >=

>

Guest guest

len,

For the extreme bleeding issue have you had sex hormones checked?

Linn

> >

> > After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I have

> > been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to 150mg/day and

> > have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any

> > earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week in a

> > major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy periods for

> > years and the last one was just as miserable as ever. Someone

> > mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering with one right

> > now. Most of the people who responded said they noticed results within

> > a very short time. Is there anyone who had to wait longer to see

> > improvements? BTW, I'm taking the companion nutrients and

> > salt-loading.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

len, I know you wanted to see who else didn't see immediate results from iodine protocol. I started 2 week ago and did see huge improvement in well being, energy and my very heavy periods. The last one was the lightest, painless period in years. I was told by my doc that female hormone imbalance, fibroids, cysts and especially endometriosis can cause heavy bleeding. I had very heavy periods for years until I was diagnosed with endo. I'm taking progesterone which helped me with my periods although not as much as iodine. Also being hypo thyroid causes heavy periods.Sent from my iPadOn Feb 13, 2012, at 6:47 PM, "Linn" <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

len,

Linn

> >

> > salt-loading.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I have not had any luck with doctors being willing to order tests. I kid you not it's like pulling teeth to get doctors to do anything useful in my area. I had a TSH drawn over 2 years ago, at my insistence. It was normal so my doc refused to do anything else. I asked to have estrogen drawn by 2 different doctors...they wouldn't do it. I really can't afford to pay for tests myself...I have good insurance that will pay if I can get a doctor to order them.len From: Linn

<mwm1glm@...> iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 3:47 PM Subject: Re: New member--success stories?

len,

Linn

> >

> > salt-loading.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi lenI have noticed in many with active cancer that nothing physically is experienced with the iodine protocol.  Many have taken 200+ mg daily with absolutely no detox symptoms, etc.  This doesn’t mean it isn’t working or effective as I believe that all those with cancer need iodine.  Also, those with cancer will always need therapeutic dosages of just about all supplements they are taking since the body and immune system are not in healthy mode but in “help†mode.  And with cancer, it will take the body time before noticeable improvements come about.  Persistence, patience and determination are the keys.  Think of your protocol as being synergistic in that everything is working together rather than depending on one supplement, modality, etc. to make the difference.You may actually need some bioidentical hormone therapy.  I would suggest getting under the care of a practitioner who is knowledgeable about bioidentical hormones and cancer and one who uses saliva testing.  If your hormones are not balanced, then it will be difficult for the body to heal.  I would also suggest doing research about adrenals.  I have never seen someone with cancer that did not have adrenal issues.  Unfortunately, much of conventional medicine will not even recognize adrenal concerns. Hopefully you are addressing your liver and digestive tract with detoxification methods.  For someone with cancer, it would be wise to perform liver/gallbladder/digestive tract cleansing at least 1x each month for about six months and one time during the beginning of each season. More, if needed.  Parasite cleansing is also important.  I would also suggest daily rebounding in order to keep the lymph system moving….3.5 minutes in the morning and 3.5 minutes in the evening is all that is needed.  However, rebounding is a great overall exercise.By the way, ozonated water was part of the protocol that I did for stage three colon cancer.  We called it “super-charged water†to which we also added DMSO.Last, but not least, you may want to check out Dr. and the use of pancreatic enzymes.  Be WellLoretta From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of len RamseySent: Monday, February 13, 2012 3:42 PMiodine Subject: Re: New member--success stories? I am doing ozone treatments which are supposed to be a big detoxer. I take a ton of supplements, because I am also fighting cancer.I don't really have any detox symptoms other than being foggy headed and tired but I was that way before I started iodine.I haven't tried pregnenolone. I don't know anything about it. If it effects my hormones, I'm a little afraid of it, because I had estrogen positive breast cancer.I do think my adrenals might be involved but I haven't been able to find a doctor to take it seriously. len From: Baker <vbaker@...>iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:04 AMSubject: Re: New member--success stories? What have you done to work on your detox pathways, len? Have you tried taking pregnenolone? It's a hormone precursor so the body can use it to create what it needs-- steroids-- so estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, adrenals. Some people think you should be tested first, but I had been tested for adrenals and knew mine were very very bad. It's also a precursor, not a hormone itself. Anyway just a thought.But your detox pathways are very important.--moderatorOn 13 Feb 2012 at 8:49, len Ramsey wrote:> > > > After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I have> been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to 150mg/day and> have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any> earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week in a> major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy periods for> years and the last one was just as miserable as ever. Someone> mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering with one right> now. Most of the people who responded said they noticed results within> a very short time. Is there anyone who had to wait longer to see> improvements? BTW, I'm taking the companion nutrients and> salt-loading.> > len> > > From: Rae <tooblessttobstressed@...>> " iodine " <iodine > > Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:03 PM> Subject: Re: New member--success stories?> > > Hi Sandy I deal with Gastroparesis and had horrible constipation but> after just a week I am off most of my bowel meds and on just a 1/2> dose of Carafate for the stomach lining . I have a little problem with> the salt raising my blood pressure so I do the pulse dosing and go off> one to two days a week. I am up to 10 drops a day. Rae> > Sent from my iPod> > On Feb 12, 2012, at 5:42 PM, " S " <slowe418@...> wrote:> > > > I am a new member to the group and just started taking iodine> yesterday. I have been reading all the recent messages and seeing a> lot of messages on negative side effects. I have done a lot of reading> on all of the positive effects of iodine/iodide, but would any of you> be willing to share how it has changed your health for the better?> When I read things on websites trying to sell something I am never> sure how honest it is?> > Thank you in advance!> Sandy

Guest guest

Hi,I don't know if I have "active" cancer. The tumor was treated with hyperthermia and radiation. My last petscan was clear. I do believe that I have adrenal issues. I'm just not sure where to turn to for help with hormone and adrenal issues.What kind of liver/gall bladder cleanses do you recommend?len From: Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier@...> iodine

Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 4:53 PM Subject: RE: New member--success stories?

Hi lenI have noticed in many with active cancer that nothing physically is experienced with the iodine protocol. Many have taken 200+ mg daily with absolutely no detox symptoms, etc. This doesn’t mean it isn’t working or effective as I believe that all those with cancer need iodine. Also, those with cancer will always need therapeutic dosages of just about all supplements they are taking since the body and immune system are not in healthy mode but in “help†mode. And with cancer, it will take the body time before noticeable improvements come about. Persistence, patience and determination are the keys. Think of your protocol as being synergistic in that

everything is working together rather than depending on one supplement, modality, etc. to make the difference.You may actually need some bioidentical hormone therapy. I would suggest getting under the care of a practitioner who is knowledgeable about bioidentical hormones and cancer and one who uses saliva testing. If your hormones are not balanced, then it will be difficult for the body to heal. I would also suggest doing research about adrenals. I have never seen someone with cancer that did not have adrenal issues. Unfortunately, much of conventional medicine will not even recognize adrenal concerns. Hopefully you are addressing your liver and digestive tract with detoxification methods. For someone with cancer, it would be wise to

perform liver/gallbladder/digestive tract cleansing at least 1x each month for about six months and one time during the beginning of each season. More, if needed. Parasite cleansing is also important. I would also suggest daily rebounding in order to keep the lymph system moving….3.5 minutes in the morning and 3.5 minutes in the evening is all that is needed. However, rebounding is a great overall exercise.By the way, ozonated water was part of the protocol that I did for stage three colon cancer. We called it “super-charged water†to which we also added DMSO.Last, but not least, you may want to check out Dr. and the use of pancreatic enzymes. Be WellLoretta From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of len RamseySent: Monday, February 13, 2012 3:42 PMiodine Subject: Re: New member--success stories? I am

doing ozone treatments which are supposed to be a big detoxer. I take a ton of supplements, because I am also fighting cancer.I don't really have any detox symptoms other than being foggy headed and tired but I was that way before I started iodine.I haven't tried pregnenolone. I don't know anything about it. If it effects my hormones, I'm a little afraid of it, because I had estrogen positive breast cancer.I do think my adrenals might be involved but I haven't been able to find a doctor to take it seriously.

len From: Baker <vbaker@...>iodine Sent: Monday,

February 13, 2012 10:04 AMSubject: Re: New member--success stories? What have you done to work on your detox pathways, len? Have you tried taking pregnenolone? It's a hormone precursor so the body can use it to create what it needs-- steroids-- so estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, adrenals. Some people think you should be tested first, but I had been tested for adrenals and knew mine were very very bad. It's also a precursor, not a hormone itself. Anyway just a thought.But your

detox pathways are very important.--moderatorOn 13 Feb 2012 at 8:49, len Ramsey wrote:> > > > After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I have> been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to 150mg/day and> have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any> earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week in a> major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy periods for> years and the last one was just as miserable as ever. Someone> mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering with one right> now. Most of the people who responded said they noticed results within> a very short time. Is there anyone who had to wait longer to see> improvements? BTW, I'm taking the companion nutrients and> salt-loading.> > len> > > From: Rae

<tooblessttobstressed@...>> "iodine " <iodine > > Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:03 PM> Subject: Re: New member--success stories?> > > Hi Sandy I deal with Gastroparesis and had horrible constipation but> after just a week I am off most of my bowel meds and on just a 1/2> dose of Carafate for the stomach lining . I have a little problem with> the salt raising my blood pressure so I do the pulse dosing and go off> one to two days a week. I am up to 10

drops a day. Rae> > Sent from my iPod> > On Feb 12, 2012, at 5:42 PM, "S" <slowe418@...> wrote:> > > > I am a new member to the group and just started taking iodine> yesterday. I have been reading all the recent messages and seeing a> lot of messages on negative side effects. I have done a lot of reading> on all of the positive effects of iodine/iodide, but would any of you> be willing to share how it has changed your health for the better?> When I read things on websites trying to sell something I am never> sure how honest it is?> > Thank you in advance!> Sandy

Guest guest

len,A Thyroid Panel II (TSH, Free T3, Free T4) is $85 through www.healthcheckusa.com. Worth having a baseline to work with at least for your thyroid. If yours levels are low, then your body is struggling every day. Perhaps you could even submit the receipt to your insurance yourself. 

in AlaskaOn Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:04 PM, len Ramsey <joellenr@...> wrote:

I have not had any luck with doctors being willing to order tests. I kid you not it's like pulling teeth to get doctors to do anything useful in my area. I had a TSH drawn over 2 years ago, at my insistence. It was normal so my doc refused to do anything else. I asked to have estrogen drawn by 2 different doctors...they wouldn't do it. I really can't afford to pay for tests myself...I have good insurance that will pay if I can get a doctor to order them.

len

Guest guest

You can Google “bioidentical hormone therapy+doctors†to see if any show up in your area.  More and more MDs are becoming open to bioidentical hormone therapy.  Serum testing is very inaccurate when it comes to sex hormones.  You can order saliva testing kits over the Internet that you can perform in the comfort of your own home.  You will need to test estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEAS and cortisol 4x.  Testing for cortisol levels four times during the day (according to the circadian rhythm of the body) will let you know what is going on with your adrenals.  Also, there are some chiropractors and naturopaths that are very knowledgeable about hormone testing and balancing. The liver/gallbladder/digestive tract protocol that we use at OAW can be found at http://www.oasisadvancedwellness.com/products/optimum-digestive-tract-cleanse.html  It is all about preparation as well as giving the body foods that will help with the cleansing process.You had stated in your previous email that you are fighting cancer, I assumed that it was active.  Since it is not (YEA len!!), you will do well to make sure that your body terrain is not and does not become fertile ground for cancer. Be WellLorettaFrom: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of len RamseySent: Monday, February 13, 2012 7:13 PMiodine Subject: Re: New member--success stories? Hi, I don't know if I have " active " cancer. The tumor was treated with hyperthermia and radiation. My last petscan was clear. I do believe that I have adrenal issues. I'm just not sure where to turn to for help with hormone and adrenal issues. What kind of liver/gall bladder cleanses do you recommend? lenFrom: Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier@...>iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 4:53 PMSubject: RE: New member--success stories? Hi lenI have noticed in many with active cancer that nothing physically is experienced with the iodine protocol. Many have taken 200+ mg daily with absolutely no detox symptoms, etc. This doesn’t mean it isn’t working or effective as I believe that all those with cancer need iodine. Also, those with cancer will always need therapeutic dosages of just about all supplements they are taking since the body and immune system are not in healthy mode but in “help†mode. And with cancer, it will take the body time before noticeable improvements come about. Persistence, patience and determination are the keys. Think of your protocol as being synergistic in that everything is working together rather than depending on one supplement, modality, etc. to make the difference.You may actually need some bioidentical hormone therapy. I would suggest getting under the care of a practitioner who is knowledgeable about bioidentical hormones and cancer and one who uses saliva testing. If your hormones are not balanced, then it will be difficult for the body to heal. I would also suggest doing research about adrenals. I have never seen someone with cancer that did not have adrenal issues. Unfortunately, much of conventional medicine will not even recognize adrenal concerns. Hopefully you are addressing your liver and digestive tract with detoxification methods. For someone with cancer, it would be wise to perform liver/gallbladder/digestive tract cleansing at least 1x each month for about six months and one time during the beginning of each season. More, if needed. Parasite cleansing is also important. I would also suggest daily rebounding in order to keep the lymph system moving….3.5 minutes in the morning and 3.5 minutes in the evening is all that is needed. However, rebounding is a great overall exercise.By the way, ozonated water was part of the protocol that I did for stage three colon cancer. We called it “super-charged water†to which we also added DMSO.Last, but not least, you may want to check out Dr. and the use of pancreatic enzymes. Be WellLoretta From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of len RamseySent: Monday, February 13, 2012 3:42 PMiodine Subject: Re: New member--success stories? I am doing ozone treatments which are supposed to be a big detoxer. I take a ton of supplements, because I am also fighting cancer.I don't really have any detox symptoms other than being foggy headed and tired but I was that way before I started iodine.I haven't tried pregnenolone. I don't know anything about it. If it effects my hormones, I'm a little afraid of it, because I had estrogen positive breast cancer.I do think my adrenals might be involved but I haven't been able to find a doctor to take it seriously. len From: Baker <vbaker@...>iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:04 AMSubject: Re: New member--success stories? What have you done to work on your detox pathways, len? Have you tried taking pregnenolone? It's a hormone precursor so the body can use it to create what it needs-- steroids-- so estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, adrenals. Some people think you should be tested first, but I had been tested for adrenals and knew mine were very very bad. It's also a precursor, not a hormone itself. Anyway just a thought.But your detox pathways are very important.--moderatorOn 13 Feb 2012 at 8:49, len Ramsey wrote:> > > > After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I have> been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to 150mg/day and> have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any> earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week in a> major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy periods for> years and the last one was just as miserable as ever. Someone> mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering with one right> now. Most of the people who responded said they noticed results within> a very short time. Is there anyone who had to wait longer to see> improvements? BTW, I'm taking the companion nutrients and> salt-loading.> > len> > > From: Rae <tooblessttobstressed@...>> " iodine " <iodine > > Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:03 PM> Subject: Re: New member--success stories?> > > Hi Sandy I deal with Gastroparesis and had horrible constipation but> after just a week I am off most of my bowel meds and on just a 1/2> dose of Carafate for the stomach lining . I have a little problem with> the salt raising my blood pressure so I do the pulse dosing and go off> one to two days a week. I am up to 10 drops a day. Rae> > Sent from my iPod> > On Feb 12, 2012, at 5:42 PM, " S " <slowe418@...> wrote:> > > > I am a new member to the group and just started taking iodine> yesterday. I have been reading all the recent messages and seeing a> lot of messages on negative side effects. I have done a lot of reading> on all of the positive effects of iodine/iodide, but would any of you> be willing to share how it has changed your health for the better?> When I read things on websites trying to sell something I am never> sure how honest it is?> > Thank you in advance!> Sandy

Guest guest

Hi,I'm glad that iodine helped you. Wow in only 2 weeks! I've been having heavy bleeding for 20 years, but no diagnosis yet. No endo, fibroids etc. I tried progesterone...no luck. I'm wondering if my problem might be adrenals.len From: Agnes <agnes9971@...> "iodine " <iodine > Cc:

"iodine " <iodine > Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 3:58 PM Subject: Re: Re: New member--success stories?

len, I know you wanted to see who else didn't see immediate results from iodine protocol. I started 2 week ago and did see huge improvement in well being, energy and my very heavy periods. The last one was the lightest, painless period in years. I was told by my doc that female hormone imbalance, fibroids, cysts and especially endometriosis can cause heavy bleeding. I had very heavy periods for years until I was diagnosed with endo. I'm taking progesterone which helped me with my periods although not as much as iodine. Also being hypo thyroid causes heavy periods.Sent from my iPadOn Feb 13, 2012, at 6:47 PM, "Linn" <mwm1glm@...> wrote:

len,

Linn

> >

> > salt-loading.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

No, len, with your health history you shouldn't take the pregnenolone. You

really need to

consult with someone in detail about how to approach your care. You might

consider a

consult with Steph.

but I will say that the reason you're not having a strong response to the iodine

is the ca dx.

That's taking it out of you and as I noted yesterday, when there are tissues

that need to be

dissolved, that's a lot greater problem than a more purely metabolical

imbalance.

But you should keep taking the iodine, in large doses. Have you looked at the

website

www.breastcancerchoices.org ?? Even if you don't have br ca, the iodine and

alternatives

they talk about are important.

--

On 13 Feb 2012 at 13:41, len Ramsey wrote:

>

>

>

> I am doing ozone treatments which are supposed to be a big detoxer. I

> take a ton of supplements, because I am also fighting cancer. I don't

> really have any detox symptoms other than being foggy headed and tired

> but I was that way before I started iodine. I haven't tried

> pregnenolone. I don't know anything about it. If it effects my

> hormones, I'm a little afraid of it, because I had estrogen positive

> breast cancer. I do think my adrenals might be involved but I haven't

> been able to find a doctor to take it seriously.

>

> len

>

>

> From: Baker <vbaker@...>

> iodine

> Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:04 AM

>

>

> What have you done to work on your detox pathways, len?

>

> Have you tried taking pregnenolone? It's a hormone precursor so the

> body can use it to create what it needs-- steroids-- so estrogen,

> progesterone, testosterone, adrenals. Some people think you should be

> tested first, but I had been tested for adrenals and knew mine were

> very very bad. It's also a precursor, not a hormone itself. Anyway

> just a thought.

>

> But your detox pathways are very important.

>

> --

> moderator

>

> On 13 Feb 2012 at 8:49, len Ramsey wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> > After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I

> > have been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to 150mg/day

> > and have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any

> > mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering with one

> > right now. Most of the people who responded said they noticed

> > results within a very short time. Is there anyone who had to wait

> > longer to see improvements? BTW, I'm taking the companion nutrients

> > and salt-loading.

> >

> > len

> >

> >

> > From: Rae <tooblessttobstressed@...>

> > " iodine " <iodine >

> > Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:03 PM

> > Subject: Re: New member--success stories?

> >

> >

> > Hi Sandy I deal with Gastroparesis and had horrible constipation but

> > after just a week I am off most of my bowel meds and on just a 1/2

> > dose of Carafate for the stomach lining . I have a little problem

> > with the salt raising my blood pressure so I do the pulse dosing and

> > go off one to two days a week. I am up to 10 drops a day. Rae

> >

> > Sent from my iPod

> >

> > On Feb 12, 2012, at 5:42 PM, " S " <slowe418@...> wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > I am a new member to the group and just started taking iodine

> > yesterday. I have been reading all the recent messages and seeing a

> > lot of messages on negative side effects. I have done a lot of

> > reading on all of the positive effects of iodine/iodide, but would

> > any of you be willing to share how it has changed your health for

> > the better? When I read things on websites trying to sell something

> > I am never sure how honest it is?

> >

> > Thank you in advance!

> > Sandy

> >

> >

> >

> > =

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

No not at all. I just addressed some of your questions in a previous email.

--

On 13 Feb 2012 at 13:56, len Ramsey wrote:

>

>

>

> So am I the only one who didn't get quick results from iodine?

>

> len

>

>

> iodine

> Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:07 AM

>

>

> That's right, thank you. That's why it is listed as an optional

> companion nutrient, is because a large number of people need it to

> start using the iodine optimally. I'd go so far as to say that anyone

> who is unhappy with their iodine protocol results should do the ATP

> Co- factors as a matter of course. You don't have to the buy the

> convenient product that already has the proper amounts all in one but

> costs a bit more. You can buy the two Bs separately and take them that

> way.

>

> --

>

> On 13 Feb 2012 at 8:41, Hidden Jewel wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> > Have you added in the ATP Cofactors (B2/B3)? It can make a huge

> > difference for some.

> >

> > in Alaska

> >

> >

> > On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM, len Ramsey <joellenr@...>

> > wrote:

> >

> > and salt-loading.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks I might do that. I'm going to try a naturopath here first to see if he will order it.len From: Hidden Jewel <hiddenjewelalaska@...> iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 5:28 PM Subject: Re: Re: New member--success stories?

len,A Thyroid Panel II (TSH, Free T3, Free T4) is $85 through www.healthcheckusa.com. Worth having a baseline to work with at least for your thyroid. If yours levels are low, then your body is struggling every day. Perhaps you could even submit the receipt to your insurance yourself.

in AlaskaOn Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:04 PM, len Ramsey <joellenr@...> wrote:

I have not had any luck with doctors being willing to order tests. I kid you not it's like pulling teeth to get doctors to do anything useful in my area. I had a TSH drawn over 2 years ago, at my insistence. It was normal so my doc refused to do anything else. I asked to have estrogen drawn by 2 different doctors...they wouldn't do it. I really can't afford to pay for tests myself...I have good insurance that will pay if I can get a doctor to order them.

len

Guest guest

Thanks for all the info. I know I need to get all these tests done...not sure where to start. I'm going to make an appointment with a naturopath soon...hopefully he can help.len From: Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier@...> iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 6:29 PM Subject: RE:

New member--success stories?

You can Google “bioidentical hormone therapy+doctors†to see if any show up in your area. More and more MDs are becoming open to bioidentical hormone therapy. Serum testing is very inaccurate when it comes to sex hormones. You can order saliva testing kits over the Internet that you can perform in the comfort of your own home. You will need to test estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEAS and cortisol 4x. Testing for cortisol levels four times during the day (according to the circadian rhythm of the body) will let you know what is going on with your adrenals. Also, there are some chiropractors

and naturopaths that are very knowledgeable about hormone testing and balancing. The liver/gallbladder/digestive tract protocol that we use at OAW can be found at http://www.oasisadvancedwellness.com/products/optimum-digestive-tract-cleanse.html It is all about preparation as well as giving the body foods that will help with the cleansing process.You had stated in your previous email that you are fighting cancer, I assumed that it was active. Since it is not (YEA len!!), you will do well to make sure that your body terrain is not and does not become fertile ground for cancer. Be WellLorettaFrom: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of len RamseySent: Monday, February 13, 2012 7:13 PMiodine Subject: Re: New member--success stories? Hi, I don't know if I have "active" cancer. The tumor was treated with hyperthermia and radiation. My last petscan was clear. I do believe that I have adrenal issues. I'm just not sure where to turn to for help with hormone and adrenal issues. What kind of liver/gall bladder cleanses do you recommend?

lenFrom: Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier@...>iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 4:53 PMSubject: RE: New

member--success stories? Hi lenI have noticed in many with active cancer that nothing physically is experienced with the iodine protocol. Many have taken 200+ mg daily with absolutely no detox symptoms, etc. This doesn’t mean it isn’t working or effective as I believe that all those with cancer need iodine. Also, those with cancer will always need therapeutic dosages of just about all supplements they are taking since the body and immune system

are not in healthy mode but in “help†mode. And with cancer, it will take the body time before noticeable improvements come about. Persistence, patience and determination are the keys. Think of your protocol as being synergistic in that everything is working together rather than depending on one supplement, modality, etc. to make the difference.You may actually need some bioidentical hormone therapy. I would suggest getting under the care of a practitioner who is knowledgeable about bioidentical hormones and cancer and one who uses saliva testing. If your hormones are not balanced, then it will be difficult for the body to heal. I would also suggest doing research about adrenals. I have never seen someone with cancer that did not have adrenal issues. Unfortunately, much of conventional medicine will not even

recognize adrenal concerns. Hopefully you are addressing your liver and digestive tract with detoxification methods. For someone with cancer, it would be wise to perform liver/gallbladder/digestive tract cleansing at least 1x each month for about six months and one time during the beginning of each season. More, if needed. Parasite cleansing is also important. I would also suggest daily rebounding in order to keep the lymph system moving….3.5 minutes in the morning and 3.5 minutes in the evening is all that is needed. However, rebounding is a great overall exercise.By the way, ozonated water was part of the protocol that I did for stage three colon cancer. We called it “super-charged water†to which we also added DMSO.Last, but not least, you may want to check out Dr. and the use of pancreatic enzymes. Be WellLoretta From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of len RamseySent: Monday, February 13, 2012 3:42 PMiodine Subject: Re: New member--success stories? I am doing ozone treatments which are supposed to be a big detoxer. I take a ton of supplements, because I am also fighting cancer.I don't really have any detox symptoms other than being foggy headed and tired but I was that way before I started iodine.I haven't tried pregnenolone. I don't know anything about it. If it effects my hormones, I'm a little afraid of it, because I had estrogen positive breast cancer.I do think my adrenals might be involved but I haven't been able to find a doctor to take it seriously. len From: Baker <vbaker@...>iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:04 AMSubject: Re: New member--success

stories? What have you done to work on your detox pathways, len? Have you tried taking pregnenolone? It's a hormone precursor so the body can use it to create what it needs-- steroids-- so estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, adrenals. Some people think you should be tested first, but I had been tested for adrenals and knew mine were very very bad. It's also a precursor, not a hormone itself. Anyway just a thought.But your detox pathways are very

important.--moderatorOn 13 Feb 2012 at 8:49, len Ramsey wrote:> > > > After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I have> been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to 150mg/day and> have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any> earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week in a> major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy periods for> years and the last one was just as miserable as ever. Someone> mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering with one right> now. Most of the people who responded said they noticed results within> a very short time. Is there anyone who had to wait longer to see> improvements? BTW, I'm taking the companion nutrients and> salt-loading.> > len> > > From: Rae <tooblessttobstressed@...>> "iodine " <iodine > > Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:03 PM> Subject: Re: New member--success stories?> > > Hi Sandy I deal with Gastroparesis and had horrible constipation but> after just a week I am off most of my bowel meds and on just a 1/2> dose of Carafate for the stomach lining . I have a little problem with> the salt raising my blood pressure so I do the pulse dosing and go off> one to two days a week. I am up to 10 drops a day. Rae>

> Sent from my iPod> > On Feb 12, 2012, at 5:42 PM, "S" <slowe418@...> wrote:> > > > I am a new member to the group and just started taking iodine> yesterday. I have been reading all the recent messages and seeing a> lot of messages on negative side effects. I have done a lot of reading> on all of the positive effects of iodine/iodide, but would any of you> be willing to share how it has changed your health for the better?> When I read things on websites trying to sell something I am never> sure how honest it is?> > Thank you in advance!> Sandy

Guest guest

Yes, I'm on the bcc list. My tumor has already been treated. It was dissolved by radiation and hyperthermia although there is probably some scar tissue still healing.len From: Baker <vbaker@...> iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 7:30 PM Subject: Re: New member--success

stories?

No, len, with your health history you shouldn't take the pregnenolone. You really need to

consult with someone in detail about how to approach your care. You might consider a

consult with Steph.

but I will say that the reason you're not having a strong response to the iodine is the ca dx.

That's taking it out of you and as I noted yesterday, when there are tissues that need to be

dissolved, that's a lot greater problem than a more purely metabolical imbalance.

But you should keep taking the iodine, in large doses. Have you looked at the website

www.breastcancerchoices.org ?? Even if you don't have br ca, the iodine and alternatives

they talk about are important.

--

On 13 Feb 2012 at 13:41, len Ramsey wrote:

>

>

>

> I am doing ozone treatments which are supposed to be a big detoxer. I

> take a ton of supplements, because I am also fighting cancer. I don't

> really have any detox symptoms other than being foggy headed and tired

> but I was that way before I started iodine. I haven't tried

> pregnenolone. I don't know anything about it. If it effects my

> hormones, I'm a little afraid of it, because I had estrogen positive

> breast cancer. I do think my adrenals might be involved but I haven't

> been able to find a doctor to take it seriously.

>

> len

>

>

> iodine

> Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:04 AM

>

>

> What have you done to work on your detox pathways, len?

>

> Have you tried taking pregnenolone? It's a hormone precursor so the

> body can use it to create what it needs-- steroids-- so estrogen,

> progesterone, testosterone, adrenals. Some people think you should be

> tested first, but I had been tested for adrenals and knew mine were

> very very bad. It's also a precursor, not a hormone itself. Anyway

> just a thought.

>

> But your detox pathways are very important.

>

> --

> moderator

>

> On 13 Feb 2012 at 8:49, len Ramsey wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> > and salt-loading.

> >

> > len

> >

> >

> > From: Rae <tooblessttobstressed@...>

> > "iodine " <iodine >

> > Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:03 PM

> >

> >

> > Hi Sandy I deal with Gastroparesis and had horrible constipation but

> > after just a week I am off most of my bowel meds and on just a 1/2

> > dose of Carafate for the stomach lining . I have a little problem

> > with the salt raising my blood pressure so I do the pulse dosing and

> > go off one to two days a week. I am up to 10 drops a day. Rae

> >

> > Sent from my iPod

> >

> > On Feb 12, 2012, at 5:42 PM, "S" <slowe418@...> wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > I am a new member to the group and just started taking iodine

> > yesterday. I have been reading all the recent messages and seeing a

> > lot of messages on negative side effects. I have done a lot of

> > reading on all of the positive effects of iodine/iodide, but would

> > any of you be willing to share how it has changed your health for

> > the better? When I read things on websites trying to sell something

> > I am never sure how honest it is?

> >

> > Thank you in advance!

> > Sandy

> >

> >

> >

> > =

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I have ibs. Is it possible that the iodoral is not being absorbed because of my intestinal problems?Also could iodine make adrenal fatigue worse?len From: Baker <vbaker@...> iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 7:30 PM Subject: Re: New member--success

stories?

No not at all. I just addressed some of your questions in a previous email. --

On 13 Feb 2012 at 13:56, len Ramsey wrote:

>

>

>

> So am I the only one who didn't get quick results from iodine?

>

> len

>

>

> iodine

> Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:07 AM

>

>

> That's right, thank you. That's why it is listed as an optional

> companion nutrient, is because a large number of people need it to

> start using the iodine optimally. I'd go so far as to say that anyone

> who is unhappy with their iodine protocol results should do the ATP

> Co- factors as a matter of course. You don't have to the buy the

> convenient product that already has the proper amounts all in one but

> costs a bit more. You can buy the two Bs separately and take them that

> way.

>

> --

>

> On 13 Feb 2012 at 8:41, Hidden Jewel wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> > Have you added in the ATP Cofactors (B2/B3)? It can make a huge

> > difference for some.

> >

> > in Alaska

> >

> >

> > On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM, len Ramsey <joellenr@...>

> > wrote:

> >

> > and salt-loading.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

something to think about:

What are the common signs and symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue?

While adrenal fatigue often occurs over a long period of time—from unaddressed, underlying stress, illness or overwork—it can also occur in a much shorter time frame, due to sudden or traumatic events. The symptoms will vary, depending on whether the onset is accumulative or more immediate. The many symptoms can include:Poor or disturbed sleep patterns and/or insomniaWaking tired and un-refreshed despite having plenty of sleepGeneral fatigue and afternoon energy slumpsPoor immune function, feeling rundownProne to catching respiratory illnesses and flu’s, which often last longer than usualSalt, fat or sugar cravingsHormonal imbalances, resulting in symptoms of PMS, low libido, infertility, unexplained hair lossIrregular blood sugar levels, better right after mealsAnxiety, depression or fearfulnessEasily stressed and overwhelmedDifficulty getting moving in the morning without caffeinePoor weight management particularly around the mid sectionLow thyroid function and low body temperaturePoor digestion, resulting in symptoms of constipation and/or diarrhoea, nausea and lack of appetiteBrain fogChest pain, heart palpitations, racing heartbeat, irregular blood pressure and light-headedness when rising too quickly

It is possible that some of the symptoms of IBS are actually those of Adrenal insufficiency?

I have ordered an herbal adrenal support supplement and hope this will help improve my ability to use iodine, and possibly also my digestive and chronic fatigue problems.

Re: New member--success stories?> > > That's right, thank you. That's why it is listed as an optional> companion nutrient, is because a large number of people need it to> start using the iodine optimally. I'd go so far as to say that anyone> who is unhappy with their iodine protocol results should do the ATP> Co- factors as a matter of course. You don't have to the buy the> convenient product that already has the proper amounts all in one but> costs a bit more. You can buy the two Bs separately and take them that> way.> > --> > On 13 Feb 2012 at 8:41, Hidden Jewel wrote:> > > > > > > > > Have you added in the ATP Cofactors (B2/B3)? It can make a huge> > difference for some.> > > > in Alaska> > > > > > On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM, len Ramsey <joellenr@...>> > wrote:> > > > After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I> > have been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to 150mg/day> > and have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any> > earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week in a> > major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy periods for> > years and the last one was just as miserable as ever. Someone> > mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering with one> > right now. Most of the people who responded said they noticed> > results within a very short time. Is there anyone who had to wait> > longer to see improvements? BTW, I'm taking the companion nutrients> > and salt-loading.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

I have a lot of those symptoms but I think my ibs is true ibs. The pain that comes with it is horrible...it's not just constipation or intestinal distress...it's like my colon temporarily seizes and locks up.Did you do the cortisol test? What supplement are you taking?How can you fix adrenal fatigue with a supplement if your intestines can't absorb it properly?len From: Marsh <hmarsh@...> iodine Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 9:06 PM Subject: Re: New member--success stories?

something to think about:

What are the common signs and symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue?

While adrenal fatigue often occurs over a long period of time—from unaddressed, underlying stress, illness or overwork—it can also occur in a much shorter time frame, due to sudden or traumatic events. The symptoms will vary, depending on whether the onset is accumulative or more immediate. The many symptoms can include:Poor or disturbed sleep patterns and/or insomniaWaking tired and un-refreshed despite having plenty of sleepGeneral fatigue and afternoon energy slumpsPoor immune function, feeling rundownProne to catching respiratory illnesses and flu’s, which often last longer than usualSalt, fat or sugar cravingsHormonal imbalances, resulting in symptoms of PMS, low libido, infertility, unexplained hair lossIrregular blood sugar levels, better right after mealsAnxiety, depression or fearfulnessEasily stressed and overwhelmedDifficulty getting moving in the morning without caffeinePoor weight management particularly around the mid sectionLow thyroid function and low body temperaturePoor digestion, resulting in symptoms of constipation and/or diarrhoea, nausea and lack of appetiteBrain fogChest pain, heart palpitations, racing heartbeat, irregular blood pressure and light-headedness when rising too quickly

It is possible that some of the symptoms of IBS are actually those of Adrenal insufficiency?

I have ordered an herbal adrenal support supplement and hope this will help improve my ability to use iodine, and possibly also my digestive and chronic fatigue problems.

Re: New member--success stories?> > > That's right, thank you. That's why it is listed as an optional> companion nutrient, is because a large number of people need it to> start using the iodine optimally. I'd go so far as to say that anyone> who is unhappy with their iodine protocol results should do the ATP> Co- factors as a matter of course. You don't have to the buy the> convenient product that already has the proper amounts all in one but> costs a bit more. You can buy the two Bs separately and take them that> way.> > --> > On 13 Feb 2012 at 8:41, Hidden Jewel wrote:> > > > > > > > > Have you added in the ATP Cofactors (B2/B3)? It can make a huge> > difference for some.> > > > in Alaska> > > > > > On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM, len Ramsey <joellenr@...>> > wrote:> > > > After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I> > have been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to 150mg/day> > and have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed any> > earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week in a> > major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy periods for> > years and the last one was just as miserable as ever. Someone> > mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering with one> > right now. Most of the people who responded said they noticed> > results within a very short time. Is there anyone who had to wait> > longer to see improvements? BTW, I'm taking the companion nutrients> > and salt-loading.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

That's great, len. I think you should be painting iodine over the whole

treatment area--

be sure to use a carrier oil.

Meanwhile, I don't think it's the iodine making you tired, as you said you were

tired before

iodine.

wishing you most well,

--

On 13 Feb 2012 at 20:15, len Ramsey wrote:

>

>

>

> Yes, I'm on the bcc list. My tumor has already been treated. It was

> dissolved by radiation and hyperthermia although there is probably

> some scar tissue still healing.

>

> len

>

>

> iodine

> Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 7:30 PM

>

>

> No, len, with your health history you shouldn't take the

> pregnenolone. You really need to consult with someone in detail about

> how to approach your care. You might consider a consult with Steph.

>

> but I will say that the reason you're not having a strong response to

> the iodine is the ca dx. That's taking it out of you and as I noted

> yesterday, when there are tissues that need to be dissolved, that's a

> lot greater problem than a more purely metabolical imbalance.

>

> But you should keep taking the iodine, in large doses. Have you looked

> at the website www.breastcancerchoices.org ?? Even if you don't have

> br ca, the iodine and alternatives they talk about are important.

>

> --

> moderator

>

> On 13 Feb 2012 at 13:41, len Ramsey wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> > I am doing ozone treatments which are supposed to be a big detoxer.

> > I take a ton of supplements, because I am also fighting cancer. I

> > don't really have any detox symptoms other than being foggy headed

> > and tired but I was that way before I started iodine. I haven't

> > tried pregnenolone. I don't know anything about it. If it effects my

> > hormones, I'm a little afraid of it, because I had estrogen positive

> > breast cancer. I do think my adrenals might be involved but I

> > haven't been able to find a doctor to take it seriously.

> >

> > len

> >

> >

> > From: Baker <vbaker@...>

> > iodine

> > Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:04 AM

> >

> >

> > What have you done to work on your detox pathways, len?

> >

> > Have you tried taking pregnenolone? It's a hormone precursor so the

> > body can use it to create what it needs-- steroids-- so estrogen,

> > progesterone, testosterone, adrenals. Some people think you should

> > be tested first, but I had been tested for adrenals and knew mine

> > were very very bad. It's also a precursor, not a hormone itself.

> > Anyway just a thought.

> >

> > But your detox pathways are very important.

> >

> > --

> > moderator

> >

> > On 13 Feb 2012 at 8:49, len Ramsey wrote:

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I

> > > have been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to

> > > 150mg/day and have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed

> > > any earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week

> > > in a major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy

> > > periods for years and the last one was just as miserable as ever.

> > > Someone mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering

> > > with one right now. Most of the people who responded said they

> > > noticed results within a very short time. Is there anyone who had

> > > to wait longer to see improvements? BTW, I'm taking the companion

> > > nutrients and salt-loading.

> > >

> > > len

> > >

> > >

> > > From: Rae <tooblessttobstressed@...>

> > > " iodine " <iodine >

> > > Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:03 PM

> > > Subject: Re: New member--success stories?

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi Sandy I deal with Gastroparesis and had horrible constipation

> > > but after just a week I am off most of my bowel meds and on just a

> > > 1/2 dose of Carafate for the stomach lining . I have a little

> > > problem with the salt raising my blood pressure so I do the pulse

> > > dosing and go off one to two days a week. I am up to 10 drops a

> > > day. Rae

> > >

> > > Sent from my iPod

> > >

> > > On Feb 12, 2012, at 5:42 PM, " S " <slowe418@...> wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I am a new member to the group and just started taking iodine

> > > yesterday. I have been reading all the recent messages and seeing

> > > a lot of messages on negative side effects. I have done a lot of

> > > reading on all of the positive effects of iodine/iodide, but would

> > > any of you be willing to share how it has changed your health for

> > > the better? When I read things on websites trying to sell

> > > something I am never sure how honest it is?

> > >

> > > Thank you in advance!

> > > Sandy

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > =

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

You need to treat the adrenal fatigue. I treated both at the same time. Yes,

the iodine revs

up your system and that can play up the adrenal exhaustion more, but the

solution is NOT to

wait on iodine but to do both. I had been treated for the adrenals by a

Functional Medicine,

Integrative MD for a year, with no success to speak of. Then I lost the health

insurance that

was making those visits feasible, so I was on my own. I found the iodine

protocol, got advice

from folks about adding in adrenal treatment, and the combination is what

successfully

treated adrenals.

Of course your adrenals are exhausted after what you've been through.

I added 1200IU of mixed tocopherols Vit E

1 Tablespoon or more per day of unrefined salt

4 to 6 grams of Vit C per day

pregnenolone

Isocort

People have healed their adrenals on the iodine protocol without those last two

items, with

just the additional salt and vit C. Or, with just Isocort or other dessicated

whole adrenal but

not the pregnenolone (and obviously that's not a good choice for you).

--

On 13 Feb 2012 at 20:18, len Ramsey wrote:

>

>

>

> I have ibs. Is it possible that the iodoral is not being absorbed

> because of my intestinal problems? Also could iodine make adrenal

> fatigue worse?

>

> len

>

>

> iodine

> Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 7:30 PM

>

>

> No not at all. I just addressed some of your questions in a previous

> email. --

>

> On 13 Feb 2012 at 13:56, len Ramsey wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> > So am I the only one who didn't get quick results from iodine?

> >

> > len

> >

> >

> > From: Baker <vbaker@...>

> > iodine

> > Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 10:07 AM

> >

> >

> > That's right, thank you. That's why it is listed as an optional

> > companion nutrient, is because a large number of people need it to

> > start using the iodine optimally. I'd go so far as to say that

> > anyone who is unhappy with their iodine protocol results should do

> > the ATP Co- factors as a matter of course. You don't have to the buy

> > the convenient product that already has the proper amounts all in

> > one but costs a bit more. You can buy the two Bs separately and take

> > them that way.

> >

> > --

> >

> > On 13 Feb 2012 at 8:41, Hidden Jewel wrote:

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Have you added in the ATP Cofactors (B2/B3)? It can make a huge

> > > difference for some.

> > >

> > > in Alaska

> > >

> > >

> > > On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM, len Ramsey

> > > <joellenr@...> wrote:

> > >

> > > After reading all the success stories, I am a little depressed. I

> > > have been taking iodine for about 3 months. I worked up to

> > > 150mg/day and have been there for a few weeks. I haven't noticed

> > > any earth-shattering results. In fact, I spent most of last week

> > > in a major brain fog with no energy. I've had extremely heavy

> > > periods for years and the last one was just as miserable as ever.

> > > Someone mentioned they don't get colds anymore...I'm suffering

> > > with one right now. Most of the people who responded said they

> > > noticed results within a very short time. Is there anyone who had

> > > to wait longer to see improvements? BTW, I'm taking the companion

> > > nutrients and salt-loading.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >