RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,Have you been to my website? I don't know other demonstrator recipes, but I do give out mine on my website! :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Oct 3, 2011, at 7:52 PM, MO wrote:

Hi, everyone! I'm new to the group. I was just wondering if there's a demonstrator site or demonstrator book that gives all the recipes that are done at the demo of the Vita Mix. The recipes in the book don't taste the same as what they make there. :D I came across the Vita-Recipes page, but not sure if it's worth the money to become a member...any thoughts? Thanks!

Guest guest

Thanks, everyone!

Yes, Lea Ann, that's how I found this group! Thanks! When you become a

demonstrator do you get a book of recipes to demo, or do you just tweak the ones

in the cook book that comes with the machine?

>

> Hi, everyone! I'm new to the group. I was just wondering if there's a

demonstrator site or demonstrator book that gives all the recipes that are done

at the demo of the Vita Mix. The recipes in the book don't taste the same as

what they make there. :D I came across the Vita-Recipes page, but not sure if

it's worth the money to become a member...any thoughts? Thanks!

>

Guest guest

Actually you learn from the person who trains you and over time you might pick up some from other demonstrators. We are taught to ONLY do juice, ice cream, and soup and not venture into other recipes, but everyone has a grab bag of other recipes they use when the timing is right. The demonstrators who have the highest sales stick to the basic 3 recipes. I only deviate from the "basic 3) when the crowd is VERY small and the people in front of me have already seen all 3 of the main recipes.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Oct 5, 2011, at 10:25 AM, MO wrote:

Thanks, everyone!

Yes, Lea Ann, that's how I found this group! Thanks! When you become a demonstrator do you get a book of recipes to demo, or do you just tweak the ones in the cook book that comes with the machine?

>

> Hi, everyone! I'm new to the group. I was just wondering if there's a demonstrator site or demonstrator book that gives all the recipes that are done at the demo of the Vita Mix. The recipes in the book don't taste the same as what they make there. :D I came across the Vita-Recipes page, but not sure if it's worth the money to become a member...any thoughts? Thanks!

>

Guest guest

Hi everyone, and thanks for letting me join this group. I'm not sure where to

start. After reading posts on here, I realise just how complex the body actually

is. I believe that part of my problem is not knowing what to ask for from my GP.

I've been feeling completely crap for a couple of years with many symptoms

associated with underactive thyroid. I'm currently on 125mg of thyroxin and my

last blood test had a normal reading- i.e. no action. I don't know what the

actual results were, I just rang through and was told I don't need to change

anything.

My hair is getting thinner, I have dry skin and eyes, my belly is the size of a

small country, my weight won't come off, I'm out of breath going up stairs and

fall asleep at the drop of a hat - I know that this is NOT normal for me! I feel

depressed (I've been offered anti-depressants!)

5 years ago I was diagnosed with Breast cancer, I had the lump removed, together

with several Lymph nodes, this was followed with Chemo, Radiotherapy and

Tamoxifen for 2 years ( I came off because the night cramps and my general

wellbeing was being adversely affected, so much so, I could hardly manage my

work) It was a year later when I asked for a thyroid test due to my symptoms,

that my thyroid under activity came to the gp's attention.

I think what I would like is some answers, but stupidly I don't even know what

questions I should be asking, or indeed if I will understand the answers. It

would be really good to be in the care of someone who I can trust that will want

to make me feel better, and consider the whole of my health, rather than just

'take this' approach. I'm seeing the gp tomorrow, and a few pointers would be

greatly appreciated.

Many thanks - (aka Chorusineminor)

Guest guest

I can't answer your question about fruits but I am sure some of the other more knowledgeable people on this list can.  However, I can tell you about a " blended salad " that I like.  I fill my small container with some kind of greens (spinach, kale, romaine, or mixed greens, etc.), add a little water and blend.  Then I put in what ever I like in my salad - tomato, carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, 1/4 - 1/2 beet, 1/2 avocado, green onion, fresh sprouts.  I found the key is to think about what ingredients would be used in the salad dressing - a little salt, lime or lemon juice (about 1 tbl), fresh basil or cilantro, sprouted garlic or some Italian herbs.  I thought it was very tasty.  I did have to experiment with the 'dressing' ingredients to get a combo that I really liked but all of them were tolerable. I did discover that I don't care for large quantities of broccoli, cauliflower or zucchini in the drink.

HTH!RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God.

Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God.

Every moment, thank God.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 7:39 PM, powerserve111 <onetothreebees@...> wrote:

I chose the Vitamix, instead of a juicer, for the fiber since I had gestational diabetes and want to be careful. I have watched videos from Youtube saying its ok to use fruit in green smoothies because the way the sugar in fruit absorbs is slower with all the fiber. This one family had one child with diabetes and he reversed his diabetes even with using fruits which is traditionally forbidden with diabetes. Has anyone on here had success with blood sugar levels AND using fruits, because I have made some pretty horrible tasting green smoothies past two days and I just gotta add some fruits or I cant drink it. Thanks!! Glad to be here with you all :)

Guest guest

Hello and WELCOME to the list!Here is a recipe that I love that doesn't include any fruits!http://vitamixlady.com/recipes/#Cold%20Green%20SoupI watch my sugars carefully (pre-diabetic I think) and make my Green smoothies with berries (black, blue and rasp ;-) and sweeten with Stevia.Hope this helps!

On Dec 6, 2011, at 9:39 PM, powerserve111 wrote:

I chose the Vitamix, instead of a juicer, for the fiber since I had gestational diabetes and want to be careful. I have watched videos from Youtube saying its ok to use fruit in green smoothies because the way the sugar in fruit absorbs is slower with all the fiber. This one family had one child with diabetes and he reversed his diabetes even with using fruits which is traditionally forbidden with diabetes. Has anyone on here had success with blood sugar levels AND using fruits, because I have made some pretty horrible tasting green smoothies past two days and I just gotta add some fruits or I cant drink it. Thanks!! Glad to be here with you all :)

Guest guest

Rena, I am SO GLAD that you mentioned Blended Salads and you did a great job of describing how I make them!I often use vinegar for the "tart" and walnuts in place of oil! :-)

On Dec 6, 2011, at 10:28 PM, Rena Glubay wrote:

I can't answer your question about fruits but I am sure some of the other more knowledgeable people on this list can. However, I can tell you about a "blended salad" that I like. I fill my small container with some kind of greens (spinach, kale, romaine, or mixed greens, etc.), add a little water and blend. Then I put in what ever I like in my salad - tomato, carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, 1/4 - 1/2 beet, 1/2 avocado, green onion, fresh sprouts. I found the key is to think about what ingredients would be used in the salad dressing - a little salt, lime or lemon juice (about 1 tbl), fresh basil or cilantro, sprouted garlic or some Italian herbs. I thought it was very tasty. I did have to experiment with the 'dressing' ingredients to get a combo that I really liked but all of them were tolerable. I did discover that I don't care for large quantities of broccoli, cauliflower or zucchini in the drink.

Every moment, thank God.

Guest guest

Thank you!  Glad to know I'm not alone in making blended salads (I thought I made up that term ~ LOL!).  I have used vinegar too but I like the freshness of the lemon / lime.  I also like the way avocado adds a creaminess but I do like the walnuts too or cashews!  I don't add any oil.

RenaIf God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Every moment, thank God.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> wrote:

Rena, I am SO GLAD that you mentioned Blended Salads and you did a great job of describing how I make them!I often use vinegar for the " tart " and walnuts in place of oil!  :-)

Blessings,Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.VitamixLady.com

))><'>www..com<:)))><

On Dec 6, 2011, at 10:28 PM, Rena Glubay wrote:

I can't answer your question about fruits but I am sure some of the other more knowledgeable people on this list can.  However, I can tell you about a " blended salad " that I like.  I fill my small container with some kind of greens (spinach, kale, romaine, or mixed greens, etc.), add a little water and blend.  Then I put in what ever I like in my salad - tomato, carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, 1/4 - 1/2 beet, 1/2 avocado, green onion, fresh sprouts.  I found the key is to think about what ingredients would be used in the salad dressing - a little salt, lime or lemon juice (about 1 tbl), fresh basil or cilantro, sprouted garlic or some Italian herbs.  I thought it was very tasty.  I did have to experiment with the 'dressing' ingredients to get a combo that I really liked but all of them were tolerable. I did discover that I don't care for large quantities of broccoli, cauliflower or zucchini in the drink.

Every moment, thank God.

Guest guest

Reversed my diabetes too and I eat fruit but, won't touch regular juice. I use the vitamix because the fiber in the juice keeps the blood sugar down. Regular fruit is also ok because of the fiber.Reversed the diabetes while eating this way. It's important to watch portion size, exercise (walking is the best) and weight. Those three together work wonders along with a diet including only whole foods and no sugar. I use Stevia and agave.

-- Re: newbie

Hello and WELCOME to the list!

Here is a recipe that I love that doesn't include any fruits!

http://vitamixlady.com/recipes/#Cold%20Green%20Soup

I watch my sugars carefully (pre-diabetic I think) and make my Green smoothies with berries (black, blue and rasp ;-) and sweeten with Stevia.

Hope this helps!

On Dec 6, 2011, at 9:39 PM, powerserve111 wrote: