See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kim,

My name is Pat and I am so glad to meet you. I am a very famous lady around

here, as I am a huge fan of Life Lift and Rashelle. I have been doing Life Lift

for nearly a year now with wonderful success. I will be celebrating my first

Life Lift anniversary on Feb. 17, 2007!!! I love Life Lift, as you will read

from my posts in the weeks and months to come. There are testimonials from me

at Rashelle's web site!!! Perhaps you have read them!!!

I believe that Rashelle sells the stretch band DVD without the stretch bands, as

I believe that I read on her web site that she has decided to do that for people

who already have stretch bands and don't want to buy new ones. You can check

the web site PRODUCTS page and find out from reading that. You can also see

what Rashelle says when she finally comes back to our forum and answers your

question herself.

Once again, my dear friend, welcome to our very happy and healthy Life Lift

family!!! We are all so glad to have you as a new Life Lift sister!!!

Love always,

Pat

Hello all,

I'm new to LL, just got the breathing technique video. I noticed

there is also am LL workout video available that uses stretch bands.

I'm big on resistance training and already have some bands. Is there

a way to get the DVD w/out the bands?

Anyway, nice to meet you all. :)

Kim

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

The fish are biting.

Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing.

http://searchmarketing./arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php

Hello Kim ,

Welcome to the group. Sorry i didn't welcome you earlier i have been

out of town .

I know you are going to just love Life Lift .

Molly : O )

>

> Hello all,

>

> I'm new to LL, just got the breathing technique video. I noticed

> there is also am LL workout video available that uses stretch bands.

> I'm big on resistance training and already have some bands. Is there

> a way to get the DVD w/out the bands?

>

> Anyway, nice to meet you all. :)

>

> Kim

>

• 2 weeks later...

In a message dated 2/15/2007 10:56:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,

eapedigo@... writes:

My friends think I'm a

quack, but I'm ok with that

Welcome! My friends also think I'm a quack. It's funny b/c complete

strangers come up to me and tell me how alert, happy, healthy looking, etc my

month old baby is. I know why! She has no poison (vaccines or formula) flowing

thru her body! We are happy to have you.

Holly

Welcome ! I've been here a few years now and I still haven't caught up

with my housework. But I am smarter and stronger and better able to take care of

my family; the dust bunnies can wait til I'm good and ready.......Anita :~)

<eapedigo@...> wrote: Hello! My name is , I'm 26 and a

stay-at-home mom from

Oklahoma. I have one son, 10 months old. He has been vaccinated with

Hib and Prevnar. I was bullied into this, but he won't receive anymore

and my future children won't receive any. The more research I do, the

more I want to learn and educate other people. My friends think I'm a

quack, but I'm ok with that! There's so much information on here, I'm

not going to be able to get a thing done around the house for the next

month or so!

Hi ,

Welcome! I am new here too. My doctor likes to push Hib and Prevnar

too. The " threat " of meningitis can be scary. My kids were

vaccinated for it (Ethan completely and Abby partially). Now, as

Ethan likes to say, " We're all done with shots! "

Amy (Virginia)

Ethan 5-9-03

Abby 12-30-05

Hello! My name is , I'm

26 and a stay-at-home mom from

> Oklahoma. I have one son, 10 months old. He has been vaccinated

with

> Hib and Prevnar. I was bullied into this, but he won't receive

anymore

> and my future children won't receive any. The more research I do,

the

> more I want to learn and educate other people. My friends think

I'm a

> quack, but I'm ok with that! There's so much information on here,

I'm

> not going to be able to get a thing done around the house for the

next

> month or so!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Hi Anita and welcome ,

it's great to see more new people joining. We are all used to feeling

like quaks on this list, I guess, but we can be sure to know and learn

more than most doctors ever will about real health.

Ingrid

>

> Welcome ! I've been here a few years now and I still

haven't caught up with my housework. But I am smarter and stronger and

better able to take care of my family; the dust bunnies can wait til

I'm good and ready.......Anita :~)

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi ;

Welcome! I found my condition when I had a 10 and 14 year old at home. I live in CA and did not lose consciousness, so I had no driving restrictions. In the beginning my heart problems changed my life -- cardiomyopathy. I did not have the stamina I use to, so once I decided it was better to live like a Grandma and lowered my expectations, I felt better (the alternative was worse). Since that time I have lost weight, gone to cardio rehab and have built most of stamina back up., I turn 49 this summer, so I choose what I want to do now at this point. I have a very full life and enjoy it beyond bounds. I go days without thinking about the ICD and weeks without even thinking about my condition. I am much healthier now than I was before, for that I am grateful, so positives (more than you think) can come out of our ICD's. I look at the ICD as being my guardian angel, watching my heart, so I don't have to. No, I have not ever been shocked, but my unit has charged once. I am on my third device and have been an ICD patients for almost 8 years.

I am headed to Disneyland this week and yes, I will be on the roller coasters!

Again Welcome, and keep posting!

~guin

I've been lurking for a week or so, but I want to introduce myself. My name is and I'm 39 years old. I now have an ICD (put in on 3/14/07). I am married and have a 5 year old son that keeps me BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! At the age of 4 I have tetralogy of fallot repair done at the University of VIrginia Hospital and was symptom free, other than the PVC's that showed up about 2 years ago. On 3/10/07 we took our son to see the Monster Jam Monster Truck show and I'd been feeling short of breath for a few weeks before, but figured it was because I fat and out of shape. At this show, I started cold sweating and my heart felt like it was coming out of my chest. The EMT's on site took me to UVA's ER where my rate was over 200, v-tach. They tried drugs, then ended up having to shock me. They put me in CCU and the next night I had three episdoes of v-tach all corrected with shocking. However, my heart rate would be in the 40's & 50's (where it was actually before I got sick, which was unusal). On Tuesday they tried to do an MRI and I don't know whether it was the circumstances or just good timing, I went into V-fib. They put in a temporary pacemaker which worked great. On that Wednesday the 14th, the put in the ICD which I am carrying now. I have had no problems since then. I will ocassionally feel a PVC, but now it's just one and not 2-3 in a row like it had been. I am unable to drive until 9/10/07 due to VA DMV regulations on this type of device, which is a realy pain because I'm used to doing things "all by myself" as my son says. I have a ride to work, which is a blessing, but the weekends are going to be the problem. My husband works at Lowe's and sometimes he's off and sometimes he's not so I'm left either sitting at home with my child or depending on other people. THis has been a humbling experience and will probably continue to be so until I can drive. I have the occasional twinge around my scar, which I assume is the nerves healing up. I'm looking for anyone that can has been through this and what I can expect and how ICD implantation has changed your life. Thanks.

Guest guest

Welcome ! My name is and I am 25 years old. I had my ICD implanted last February after passing out twice in a week. Turns out I have LQT. I was scared and felt lonely at first but that all passed within a week or so. I think the anxiety is what hurt me most. The passing out was my first warning sign that something was wrong and I am thankful for my ICD. It's nice to have that extra insurance so close. 75% of the time I forget I have the ICD. There are times when I can feel it pacing but after the initial surprise it doesn't bother me too much. You will find so many wonderful people here. They all have stories and a great sense of humor. You will feel comforted here and it's always nice to know that you aren't the only one out there living with your condition. I know for me that's what it felt like at first. Take care and best of luck

to you, in Minneapolis (formerly of Sacramento, CA) <wjsmom@...> wrote: I've been lurking for a week or so, but I want to introduce myself. My name is and I'm 39 years old. I now have an ICD (put in on 3/14/07). I am married and have a 5 year old son that keeps me BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! At the age of 4 I have tetralogy of fallot repair done at the University of VIrginia Hospital and was symptom free, other than the PVC's that showed up about 2 years

ago. On 3/10/07 we took our son to see the Monster Jam Monster Truck show and I'd been feeling short of breath for a few weeks before, but figured it was because I fat and out of shape. At this show, I started cold sweating and my heart felt like it was coming out of my chest. The EMT's on site took me to UVA's ER where my rate was over 200, v-tach. They tried drugs, then ended up having to shock me. They put me in CCU and the next night I had three episdoes of v-tach all corrected with shocking. However, my heart rate would be in the 40's & 50's (where it was actually before I got sick, which was unusal). On Tuesday they tried to do an MRI and I don't know whether it was the circumstances or just good timing, I went into V-fib. They put in a temporary pacemaker which worked great. On that Wednesday the 14th, the put in the ICD which I am carrying now. I have had no problems since then. I will ocassionally

feel a PVC, but now it's just one and not 2-3 in a row like it had been. I am unable to drive until 9/10/07 due to VA DMV regulations on this type of device, which is a realy pain because I'm used to doing things "all by myself" as my son says. I have a ride to work, which is a blessing, but the weekends are going to be the problem. My husband works at Lowe's and sometimes he's off and sometimes he's not so I'm left either sitting at home with my child or depending on other people. THis has been a humbling experience and will probably continue to be so until I can drive. I have the occasional twinge around my scar, which I assume is the nerves healing up. I'm looking for anyone that can has been through this and what I can expect and how ICD implantation has changed your life. Thanks.

Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Guest guest

Hi : Bittersweet..glad (but not glad)to see someone else with LQT, not too many on this site with same diagnosis,, received my ICD June 05 after many pass outs and many eradic EKG's. At first no symptoms for years after diagnosis and thought maybe just borderline then things went beserk in late 04 and 05. Hubby even found me in 20 acre field, I went down while mowing.... laid out, weak, disoriented and had very hard time recovering from that one! Would even go 2-3 months between spells. Daughter (26) years at that time started having similar symptoms at work and EKG's showed LQT and they implanted her last August. She has busy 3 year old and she works full time but we both typically go about our business like nothing wrong and neither have passing out spells anymore and my pacing has turned me completely around. I am not exhausted anymore because of betas but EP won't take me off of them. Daughter cannot take betas because of low blood pressure so I worry more about it but thank GOD for technology. Better to know our enemy(LQT) than not! Do you have one or two leads? They thought about it a long time for daughter, did not want to put two because of her young age but in the end put both and glad they did for pacing helped her too. Judi from Louisiana -- Re: newbie Welcome ! My name is and I am 25 years old. I had my ICD implanted last February after passing out twice in a week. Turns out I have LQT. I was scared and felt lonely at first but that all passed within a week or so. I think the anxiety is what hurt me most. The passing out was my first warning sign that something was wrong and I am thankful for my ICD. It's nice to have that extra insurance so close. 75% of the time I forget I have the ICD. There are times when I can feel it pacing but after the initial surprise it doesn't bother me too much. You will find so many wonderful people here. They all have stories and a great sense of humor. You will feel comforted here and it's always nice to know that you aren't the only one out there living with your condition. I know for me that's what it felt like at first. Take care and best of luck to you, in Minneapolis (formerly of Sacramento, CA) <wjsmomcomcast (DOT) net> wrote: I've been lurking for a week or so, but I want to introduce myself. My name is and I'm 39 years old. I now have an ICD (put in on 3/14/07). I am married and have a 5 year old son that keeps me BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! At the age of 4 I have tetralogy of fallot repair done at the University of VIrginia Hospital and was symptom free, other than the PVC's that showed up about 2 years ago. On 3/10/07 we took our son to see the Monster Jam Monster Truck show and I'd been feeling short of breath for a few weeks before, but figured it was because I fat and out of shape. At this show, I started cold sweating and my heart felt like it was coming out of my chest. The EMT's on site took me to UVA's ER where my rate was over 200, v-tach. They tried drugs, then ended up having to shock me. They put me in CCU and the next night I had three episdoes of v-tach all corrected with shocking. However, my heart rate would be in the 40's & 50's (where it was actually before I got sick, which was unusal). On Tuesday they tried to do an MRI and I don't know whether it was the circumstances or just good timing, I went into V-fib. They put in a temporary pacemaker which worked great. On that Wednesday the 14th, the put in the ICD which I am carrying now. I have had no problems since then. I will ocassionally feel a PVC, but now it's just one and not 2-3 in a row like it had been. I am unable to drive until 9/10/07 due to VA DMV regulations on this type of device, which is a realy pain because I'm used to doing things "all by myself" as my son says. I have a ride to work, which is a blessing, but the weekends are going to be the problem. My husband works at Lowe's and sometimes he's off and sometimes he's not so I'm left either sitting at home with my child or depending on other people. THis has been a humbling experience and will probably continue to be so until I can drive. I have the occasional twinge around my scar, which I assume is the nerves healing up. I'm looking for anyone that can has been through this and what I can expect and how ICD implantation has changed your life. Thanks. Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Guest guest

Judi- It is very bittersweet! I remember when I passed out the first time I was out for awhile. I woke up and felt sick to my tummy, I was dizzy and I was slurring my speech. Initially the EMT thought I had a stroke. The second time I wasn't out for very long and didn't feel too bad, my pride was hurt more then anything I think! It was such a shock to me to find out I had heart problems, I thought at the age of 24 that is impossible. My father has heart issues but nothing like what I have. I have no idea how I got this, part of me thinks it stems from medication that I took at the age of 15 & 16 for acne. Now my fear is passing this on to my children, whenever I have them. I was told that they would have a 50% of getting it. It's nice to hear that you and your daughter are both doing well. I was also given a dual chamber ICD. My dad's cardiologist wants him to get an

ICD. I always tell him that he and I have too much in common! I have to laugh about it because I would be in a pretty sorry state of mind if I didn't! My cardiologist didn't want me on beta blockers because they slowed my heart rate down too much. When I am sitting at work or watching TV my heart normally beats 60/min. They initially had my pacer set at 60 but it wasn't necessary so they lowered it to 40. It is MUCH better this way! I agree, thank God for technology! Most of the time I forget I have my ICD, except for the scar of course. Unfortunately I don't scar well so I have a keloid which will look wonderful in my wedding dress this summer. But oh well, no complaints because it beats the alternative! in MNwinmmacranch <winmmacranch@...> wrote: Hi : Bittersweet..glad (but not glad)to see someone else with LQT, not too many on this site with same diagnosis,, received my ICD June 05 after many pass outs and many eradic EKG's. At first no symptoms for years after diagnosis and thought maybe just borderline then things went beserk in late 04 and 05. Hubby even found me in 20 acre field, I went down while mowing.... laid out, weak, disoriented and

had very hard time recovering from that one! Would even go 2-3 months between spells. Daughter (26) years at that time started having similar symptoms at work and EKG's showed LQT and they implanted her last August. She has busy 3 year old and she works full time but we both typically go about our business like nothing wrong and neither have passing out spells anymore and my pacing has turned me completely around. I am not exhausted anymore because of betas but EP won't take me off of them. Daughter cannot take betas because of low blood pressure so I worry more about it but thank GOD for technology. Better to know our enemy(LQT) than not! Do you have one or two leads? They thought about it a long time for daughter, did not want to put two because of her young age but in the end put both and glad they did for pacing helped her too. Judi from Louisiana -- Re: newbie Welcome ! My name is and I am 25 years old. I had my ICD implanted last February after passing out twice in a week. Turns out I have LQT. I was scared and felt lonely at first but that all passed within a week or so. I think the anxiety is what hurt me most. The passing out was my first warning sign that something was

wrong and I am thankful for my ICD. It's nice to have that extra insurance so close. 75% of the time I forget I have the ICD. There are times when I can feel it pacing but after the initial surprise it doesn't bother me too much. You will find so many wonderful people here. They all have stories and a great sense of humor. You will feel comforted here and it's always nice to know that you aren't the only one out there living with your condition. I know for me that's what it felt like at first. Take care and best of luck to you, in Minneapolis (formerly of Sacramento, CA) <wjsmomcomcast (DOT) net> wrote: I've been lurking for a week or so, but I want to introduce myself. My name is and I'm 39 years old. I now have an ICD (put in on

3/14/07). I am married and have a 5 year old son that keeps me BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! At the age of 4 I have tetralogy of fallot repair done at the University of VIrginia Hospital and was symptom free, other than the PVC's that showed up about 2 years ago. On 3/10/07 we took our son to see the Monster Jam Monster Truck show and I'd been feeling short of breath for a few weeks before, but figured it was because I fat and out of shape. At this show, I started cold sweating and my heart felt like it was coming out of my chest. The EMT's on site took me to UVA's ER where my rate was over 200, v-tach. They tried drugs, then ended up having to shock me. They put me in CCU and the next night I had three episdoes of v-tach all corrected with shocking. However, my heart rate would be in the 40's & 50's (where it was actually before I got sick, which was unusal). On Tuesday they tried to do an MRI and I don't know whether

it was the circumstances or just good timing, I went into V-fib. They put in a temporary pacemaker which worked great. On that Wednesday the 14th, the put in the ICD which I am carrying now. I have had no problems since then. I will ocassionally feel a PVC, but now it's just one and not 2-3 in a row like it had been. I am unable to drive until 9/10/07 due to VA DMV regulations on this type of device, which is a realy pain because I'm used to doing things "all by myself" as my son says. I have a ride to work, which is a blessing, but the weekends are going to be the problem. My husband works at Lowe's and sometimes he's off and sometimes he's not so I'm left either sitting at home with my child or depending on other people. THis has been a humbling experience and will probably continue to be so until I can drive. I have the occasional twinge around my scar, which I assume is the nerves healing up. I'm

looking for anyone that can has been through this and what I can expect and how ICD implantation has changed your life. Thanks. Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q&A.

Guest guest

Wedding, WOW! Glad to know the ICD is not putting your life on hold. So many view it as end of everything, I'm here to tell it is just the beginning! I never completely passed out, kind of partially paralyzed, could not speak, weak. I would usually go to floor or grass or fall over on desk or table and could not move, just moan sometimes. I could hear everyone but could not respond, felt like all my blood was running out of me. and I was dying. Thoses were the worst days of my life, I swear I did not think I was going to make it. My daughter's scar doesn't hardly show and she wears they younger things, tank tops etc. Who cares anyway, for what it costs, they should put it where it shows like in a front tooth or something! Just kidding, how would that shock feel? Ouch! I know no one will even notice ....brides are so beautiful! Best of luck and I look forward to hearing more. What tests did they do on you to confirm the LQT?

Judi

Re: newbie

Welcome ! My name is and I am 25 years old. I had my ICD implanted last February after passing out twice in a week. Turns out I have LQT. I was scared and felt lonely at first but that all passed within a week or so. I think the anxiety is what hurt me most. The passing out was my first warning sign that something was wrong and I am thankful for my ICD. It's nice to have that extra insurance so close. 75% of the time I forget I have the ICD. There are times when I can feel it pacing but after the initial surprise it doesn't bother me too much.

You will find so many wonderful people here. They all have stories and a great sense of humor. You will feel comforted here and it's always nice to know that you aren't the only one out there living with your condition. I know for me that's what it felt like at first.

Take care and best of luck to you,

in Minneapolis (formerly of Sacramento, CA)

<wjsmomcomcast (DOT) net> wrote:

I've been lurking for a week or so, but I want to introduce myself.

My name is and I'm 39 years old. I now have an ICD (put in on

3/14/07). I am married and have a 5 year old son that keeps me BUSY,

BUSY, BUSY! At the age of 4 I have tetralogy of fallot repair done

at the University of VIrginia Hospital and was symptom free, other

than the PVC's that showed up about 2 years ago.

On 3/10/07 we took our son to see the Monster Jam Monster Truck show

and I'd been feeling short of breath for a few weeks before, but

figured it was because I fat and out of shape. At this show, I

started cold sweating and my heart felt like it was coming out of my

chest. The EMT's on site took me to UVA's ER where my rate was over

200, v-tach. They tried drugs, then ended up having to shock me.

They put me in CCU and the next night I had three episdoes of v-tach

all corrected with shocking. However, my heart rate would be in the

40's & 50's (where it was actually before I got sick, which was

unusal). On Tuesday they tried to do an MRI and I don't know whether

it was the circumstances or just good timing, I went into V-fib.

They put in a temporary pacemaker which worked great. On that

Wednesday the 14th, the put in the ICD which I am carrying now. I

have had no problems since then. I will ocassionally feel a PVC, but

now it's just one and not 2-3 in a row like it had been.

I am unable to drive until 9/10/07 due to VA DMV regulations on this

type of device, which is a realy pain because I'm used to doing

things "all by myself" as my son says. I have a ride to work, which

is a blessing, but the weekends are going to be the problem. My

husband works at Lowe's and sometimes he's off and sometimes he's not

so I'm left either sitting at home with my child or depending on

other people. THis has been a humbling experience and will probably

continue to be so until I can drive.

I have the occasional twinge around my scar, which I assume is the

nerves healing up. I'm looking for anyone that can has been through

this and what I can expect and how ICD implantation has changed your

life.

Thanks.

Looking for earth-friendly autos?

Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Autos' Green Center.

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate

in the Answers Food Drink Q & A.

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi Donna

Thanks for your advice/info. When

I say the endoscopy was not too bad that’s now after its over ;-) but it

could have been far worse from what I have read about people gagging. I only

had a couple of such occasions when they put some air down the tube but it was

just about bearable. I currently sleep in a reclining chair at home so that’s

Ok and at work on nights out in the truck I have about 3 or 4 big coats under

my pillow but the easiest things is not to have much food if any late in the

evening.

I do feel a lot better in myself

just knowing I have got the ball rolling and eventually it will be sorted –

as much as it can be.

Andy

Yorkshire, England

[mailto:achalasia ] On Behalf Of Donna King

Sent: 01 June 2007 02:50

achalasia

Subject: Re: Newbie

Hi Andy - I too knew I had achalasia before the

doctors did. My GI doc

tried to tell me two years ago that I had GERD, now here I am waiting

for a myotomy!

If you think the endoscopy with no sedation was not that bad, then

manometry will be a walk in the park. I had endo with no sedation and

hated every second of it. Many here complain about the " horrible "

manometry but for me it wasn't that bad. I don't even mind barium. I

am a little freaked out about the nuclear medicine I swallowed last

week (medical isotope #99 - whatever that means) though to be sure I

regurgitated it anyway.

I would ask your md for a prescription for nifedipine to have on hand

in case your symptoms get severe - I'm afraid I would neither eat nor

drink without it. Also, for me, getting a 7 inch wedge pillow has

virtually stopped all night-time choking (that, and emptying my

esophagus before bed).

Best of luck to you,

Donna

Vancouver, BC

Canada

>

> Hi all...

> I have been watching this group since last summer when I discovered

> it after seeing a young girl on a UK TV program - City Hospital. I

> then realised that the problems I had been encountering where very

> similar to A., ie being sick at night(waking up choking on undigested

> food), not being able to keep food down for any length of time but

> not being sick, just regurgitating recent food.

> After following this group I discovered some of the things that I

> could eat safely but dispite this I have lost around 2 1/2 stone

> since October of last year and have now settled at around 10 stone

> although I would suspect this to keep falling as I am not getting the

> full amount I should be eating. I reckon my calorie intake to be

> around 500 to 1000 per day and this is half it should be but apart

> from the obvious weight loss I am not feeling any adverse effects and

> luckily its not affecting my job as a HGV driver.

> Anyway I eventually decided I should get something done and went to

> see my GP back around Easter. he booked me in for some blood test

> whcih all came back clear. He then tested for a disease effecting

> being able to absorb food into the body from the stomach (forgot its

> name). I doubted this as I knew myself that when food did get that

> far it was OK but went along with it. That came back clear so he

> booked me in for a gastroscopy which I had this morning...

> I was very apprehensive as I am normally a very healthy person and

> regular blood donar so not too scared about needles but this did

> freak me a little. I was wanting the sedation but as I had no one to

> collect me after the procedure they 'talked' me out of it. It wasnt

> that bad and I must say all the staff were very nice. I just had the

> numbing spray at the back of my throat and 10 minutes later it was

> all done as many of you will already know. Its often the thought of

> whats happeing thats the problem and the procedure is nothing really.

> Anyway I heard them saying its 'jayed' and cant get past. Then he

> said he was 48cm in and I thought WOW, wheres the pipe going to pop

> out... I had just about had enough and couldnt tolerate too much more

> and they removed the endoscope but they had seen all they wanted

> anyway. They started to explain that therew was nothing major seen at

> this stage like cancer but needed to do some more tests. Just before

> they mentioned it I got in first and yes A is suspected hence the

> further tests of the barium swallow and another tube test which I

> think will be the manometry. The barium will be done at the same

> hospital (Barnsley District General) but the manometry will be done

> at another local hospital in Sheffield - why I am not sure at this

> stage. I was pleased to see that both the doctor doing the endoscopy

> and the consultant watching were both aware of A. I actually

> suggested this to my GP and he said it wont be that as its very

> rare... Well heres to self diagnosis.

> Over all the appointments have also been very quick as my GP only

> reffered me to the hospital on the 18 May and the date came through

> last Friday so not had long to wait so far. I have got a provisional

> date to go back six weeks after the swallow test to see whats next.

> He mentioned a few options which I think I already know about thanks

> to this group.

> Anyway here we are, a soon to be confirmed fully paid of member the A

> group.

> A little history - I am a 46 year old divorced male living in

> Yorkshire, England with my Son and two dogs and as mentioned my

> occupation is a truck driver which is rather convenient.

> I know most of the members are in the US but I am aware theres a few

> of us in the UK and Holland / Germany.

>

> Any advice is welcome as to what I can expect with the manometry test

> which could be anytime. I know the barium is just a case of standing

> in front of a camera drinking an extremely unpleasent liquid...

>

> Andy

> Yorkshire, England

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.6/828 - Release Date: 01/06/2007 11:22

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Guest guest

Dear Andy, A special welcome to you from 12 miles away. It makes a lot of difference to you once you know that you are actually doing something about your problems and getting them sorted. It gives you a sense of control. If any of these Americans start talking about things you don't understand, just ask me and I will translate it into broad Yorkshire for you. LOL Love from Ann xandy <andy@...> wrote: Thanks for your advice and tips. I must admit I was probably a little overweight and had a bit of a stomach but that’s all gone now and I have bones sticking out I didn’t know existed J But as you say it’s pretty much sorted or on the road to getting sorted at least now and I do feel a lot better after getting things moving at last after putting things off for so long.. Andy From: achalasia [mailto:achalasia ] On Behalf Of McRaeSent: 31 May 2007 19:42achalasia Subject: Re: Newbie Welcome from (female) in Canada, the biggest part of your battle is over. Getting the diagnosis. Once that is confirmed they will probably decide to go with

Dilitation, botox or Myotomy. I am 44 and have had A for over 20 years. Have had several dilitation and had my first myotomy last week. Because I was heavy to begin with they ignored my. It wasn't until I went from 235 lbs to 159 in 2 months that they decided to stand up and listen. Well the weight found it's way back some how, but with the recent surgery I'm hoping to get a grip on it. If you have any question, this group is great. I just joined recently myself. You take care and become as

educated as you can. It is your best tool. have a great day Andy <andycyberkid999 (DOT) fsnet.co.uk> wrote: Hi all...I have been watching this group since last summer when I discovered it after seeing a young girl on a UK TV program - City Hospital. I then realised that the problems I had been encountering where very similar to A., ie being sick at night(waking up choking on undigested food), not being able to keep food down for any length of time but not being sick, just regurgitating recent food.After following this group I discovered some of the

things that I could eat safely but dispite this I have lost around 2 1/2 stone since October of last year and have now settled at around 10 stone although I would suspect this to keep falling as I am not getting the full amount I should be eating. I reckon my calorie intake to be around 500 to 1000 per day and this is half it should be but apart from the obvious weight loss I am not feeling any adverse effects and luckily its not affecting my job as a HGV driver.Anyway I eventually decided I should get something done and went to see my GP back around Easter. he booked me in for some blood test whcih all came back clear. He then tested for a disease effecting being able to absorb food into the body from the stomach (forgot its name). I doubted this as I knew myself that when food did get that far it was OK but went along with it. That came back clear so he booked me in for a gastroscopy which I had this morning...I

was very apprehensive as I am normally a very healthy person and regular blood donar so not too scared about needles but this did freak me a little. I was wanting the sedation but as I had no one to collect me after the procedure they 'talked' me out of it. It wasnt that bad and I must say all the staff were very nice. I just had the numbing spray at the back of my throat and 10 minutes later it was all done as many of you will already know. Its often the thought of whats happeing thats the problem and the procedure is nothing really. Anyway I heard them saying its 'jayed' and cant get past. Then he said he was 48cm in and I thought WOW, wheres the pipe going to pop out... I had just about had enough and couldnt tolerate too much more and they removed the endoscope but they had seen all they wanted anyway. They started to explain that therew was nothing major seen at this stage like cancer but needed to do some more

tests. Just before they mentioned it I got in first and yes A is suspected hence the further tests of the barium swallow and another tube test which I think will be the manometry. The barium will be done at the same hospital (Barnsley District General) but the manometry will be done at another local hospital in Sheffield - why I am not sure at this stage. I was pleased to see that both the doctor doing the endoscopy and the consultant watching were both aware of A. I actually suggested this to my GP and he said it wont be that as its very rare... Well heres to self diagnosis.Over all the appointments have also been very quick as my GP only reffered me to the hospital on the 18 May and the date came through last Friday so not had long to wait so far. I have got a provisional date to go back six weeks after the swallow test to see whats next. He mentioned a few options which I think I already know about thanks to

this group.Anyway here we are, a soon to be confirmed fully paid of member the A group.A little history - I am a 46 year old divorced male living in Yorkshire, England with my Son and two dogs and as mentioned my occupation is a truck driver which is rather convenient.I know most of the members are in the US but I am aware theres a few of us in the UK and Holland / Germany.Any advice is welcome as to what I can expect with the manometry test which could be anytime. I know the barium is just a case of standing in front of a camera drinking an extremely unpleasent liquid...AndyYorkshire, England Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.4/825 - Release Date: 30/05/2007 15:03 No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.4/825 - Release Date: 30/05/2007 15:03

is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free

account today.

Guest guest

Hi Ann

Been watching your many posts with

interest but for some reason thought you were down South…anyway it’s

nice to be welcomed into the family by the many regulars.

Incidentally I work from Cawthorne

and come thro’ Hudd quite a lot. We have a warehouse in Scissett and our

boss lives in so we are quite local so to speak.

Andy

Yorkshire, England

[mailto:achalasia ] On Behalf Of Ann Higgs

Sent: 01 June 2007 21:16

achalasia

Subject: RE: Newbie

Dear

Andy,

A

special welcome to you from 12 miles away.

It

makes a lot of difference to you once you know that you are actually doing

something about your problems and getting them sorted. It gives you a

sense of control.

If

any of these Americans start talking about things you don't understand, just

ask me and I will translate it into broad Yorkshire for you. LOL

Love

from Ann x

andy <andy@...> wrote:

Thanks for your advice and tips.

I must admit I was probably a

little overweight and had a bit of a stomach but that’s all gone now and

I have bones sticking out I didn’t know existed J

But as you say it’s pretty much sorted or on the road to getting sorted

at least now and I do feel a lot better after getting things moving at last

after putting things off for so long..

Andy

[mailto:achalasia ] On Behalf Of McRae

Sent: 31 May 2007 19:42

achalasia

Subject: Re: Newbie

Welcome from (female) in Canada,

the biggest part of your battle is over. Getting the

diagnosis.

Once that is confirmed they will probably decide to go with

Dilitation, botox or Myotomy.

I am 44 and have had A for over 20 years. Have had several

dilitation and had my first myotomy last week.

Because I was heavy to begin with they ignored my. It wasn't

until I went from 235 lbs to 159 in 2 months that they decided to stand up and

listen.

Well the weight found it's way back some how, but with the

recent surgery I'm hoping to get a grip on it.

If you have any question, this group is great. I just joined

recently myself.

You take care and become as educated as you can. It is your

best tool.

have a great day

Andy <andy@...> wrote:

Hi all...

I have been watching this group since last summer when I discovered

it after seeing a young girl on a UK TV program - City Hospital. I

then realised that the problems I had been encountering where very

similar to A., ie being sick at night(waking up choking on undigested

food), not being able to keep food down for any length of time but

not being sick, just regurgitating recent food.

After following this group I discovered some of the things that I

could eat safely but dispite this I have lost around 2 1/2 stone

since October of last year and have now settled at around 10 stone

although I would suspect this to keep falling as I am not getting the

full amount I should be eating. I reckon my calorie intake to be

around 500 to 1000 per day and this is half it should be but apart

from the obvious weight loss I am not feeling any adverse effects and

luckily its not affecting my job as a HGV driver.

Anyway I eventually decided I should get something done and went to

see my GP back around Easter. he booked me in for some blood test

whcih all came back clear. He then tested for a disease effecting

being able to absorb food into the body from the stomach (forgot its

name). I doubted this as I knew myself that when food did get that

far it was OK but went along with it. That came back clear so he

booked me in for a gastroscopy which I had this morning...

I was very apprehensive as I am normally a very healthy person and

regular blood donar so not too scared about needles but this did

freak me a little. I was wanting the sedation but as I had no one to

collect me after the procedure they 'talked' me out of it. It wasnt

that bad and I must say all the staff were very nice. I just had the

numbing spray at the back of my throat and 10 minutes later it was

all done as many of you will already know. Its often the thought of

whats happeing thats the problem and the procedure is nothing really.

Anyway I heard them saying its 'jayed' and cant get past. Then he

said he was 48cm in and I thought WOW, wheres the pipe going to pop

out... I had just about had enough and couldnt tolerate too much more

and they removed the endoscope but they had seen all they wanted

anyway. They started to explain that therew was nothing major seen at

this stage like cancer but needed to do some more tests. Just before

they mentioned it I got in first and yes A is suspected hence the

further tests of the barium swallow and another tube test which I

think will be the manometry. The barium will be done at the same

hospital (Barnsley District General) but the manometry will be done

at another local hospital in Sheffield - why I am not sure at this

stage. I was pleased to see that both the doctor doing the endoscopy

and the consultant watching were both aware of A. I actually

suggested this to my GP and he said it wont be that as its very

rare... Well heres to self diagnosis.

Over all the appointments have also been very quick as my GP only

reffered me to the hospital on the 18 May and the date came through

last Friday so not had long to wait so far. I have got a provisional

date to go back six weeks after the swallow test to see whats next.

He mentioned a few options which I think I already know about thanks

to this group.

Anyway here we are, a soon to be confirmed fully paid of member the A

group.

A little history - I am a 46 year old divorced male living in

Yorkshire, England with my Son and two dogs and as mentioned my

occupation is a truck driver which is rather convenient.

I know most of the members are in the US but I am aware theres a few

of us in the UK and Holland / Germany.

Any advice is welcome as to what I can expect with the manometry test

which could be anytime. I know the barium is just a case of standing

in front of a camera drinking an extremely unpleasent liquid...

Andy

Yorkshire, England

Food

fight? Enjoy some healthy debate

in the

Answers Food Drink Q & A.

No virus found in this

incoming message.

Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.4/825 - Release Date: 30/05/2007 15:03

No virus found in this

outgoing message.

Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.4/825 - Release Date: 30/05/2007 15:03

is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for

less, sign

up for your free account today.

No virus found in this incoming message.

No virus found in this outgoing message.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi there! Glad to have you on board. You will find lots of interesting topics, lots of great information too. my son is 9 and also was born with ASD. He has never undergone any surguries like I was told early on. He is still under his cardiologist care and receives an echo each year. He was born with 2 holes between the upper collecting chambers of the heart. One completely closed and the other is pretty darn small now. He is doing fine with the exception of obstructive sleep apnea and vitiligo. I have 3 other children 32, 30, and 21. I am happy to hear that Devin is doing much better. Good luck to you.jtdemarco2 <jtdemarco2@...> wrote: Hello EveryoneI thought I would send a hello and thank you to all of you who participate in this open communication. My name is Tera from Illinois I have 3 kiddos - 7, 5 and Devin 16mos with DS. I am so excited to have found the DS groups for information and support. Devin is the light of our family. We had a hard 1st year with countless trips to the ER for congestive heart failure, slow bowels, gerd, ASD/VSD closure etc.... Devin is doing so well now. He is finally doing the belly crawl and baring weight in his legs. We have just started him on the TNI program and are very pleased with the results. He is receiving OT, Speech, PT and DT - I wish they were a bit more aggressive with their treatment but we take

everything day by day. Anyway, thanks again for all your great information and I will be chimming in from time to time. I would love to hear your stories.Bye for now and God Bless!Tera

Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

walking and making baby changes can go along way. I have done it but now sit at 236 struggling to get motivated and moving forward. I read part of bobs greenes book and it said watch portions, move, and water for 4 weeks before making more changes. I have always said but struggle to do it. WATER, EXERCISE, and portions are key to any healthy life style. Another piece of advice which I myself is trying to remember. Take it in small amounts. Like WW say 10% at a time

NH. 236 June 25thGet a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

Rhonda welcome. I so can relate to the hubby not accepting weight gain. It is a HUGE issue in my marriage and my household. We dont talk divorce do to kids and money. I know lame excuse or reason. Best advice and I am trying to follow the advice I give. Start a journal. Make baby changes. WATER, portions, and exercise are key no matter what route you take.

NH. 236 June 25thGet a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

Hi ,

I had a gastric bypass 5 years ago and dropped from 368 to 247 and

managed to creep my way back up to about 278. I never got anywhere

near a reasonable goal weight. Been at it with good old fashioned

diet and exercise for about 8 weeks now and I'm down to about 260. It

takes a lot of patience and commitment.

Started out huffing and puffing around the track thought I was dying

defore the end of just one lap. We're up to 4 laps and actually do a

combination of walking and jogging. In my wildest dreams, I would

just love to zip around that track jog/running an entire lap. Funny

how the older you get your priorities change.

Rosemary

>

> My name is , I am a native Californian now living on Ohio. My

> weight loss/gain history is vast! In 03' I had gastric banding lost

> close to a hundred pounds but the actual band slid up my esophagus,

it

> was removed in 06'. My weight has climbed to close to 300lbs, my god

> that is embrassing. I was only 262 the day of my surgery. I have done

> WW with good success, but am looking at other diets as well. I don't

> want to be big anymore. My bones hurt and I am aways tired. I don't

> care to look hot/sexy been there I wasn't that great. I want to be

> able to run again. I suppose though I will have to start by walking.

> Literally!

>

Guest guest

Hi Rhonda,

You hit the nail on the head, you have to want to do this for you,

nor for that insensitive man that you are married to. I simply dont

understand men that are non-sympathetic/supportive to their spouses

if they need to lose weight. You would think it would be to their

advantage to motivate and support rather than tear a person down.

You mention that you work with children with disabilities. You must

be a very giving person who gives, gives, gives putting everybody

else 1st. If you and your health are what is most important to you

right now in your life then you will find it in you to make that your

priority. It isn't easy to do that.

I went through the roller coaster ride of gaining and losing and

regaining way too many times. I had a gastric bypass and still

didn't lose enough, but thankfully after that managed to hold my

regain to only 30 lbs as opposed to the usual 70+ lb regains.

I wholeheartedly believe now that it takes an attitude change to be

successful. I needed to accept that I have to make a lifetime

commitment to eat right and exercise for the rest of my life, instead

of setting my goal as a target on the scale. I needed to accept that

I am a food addict and that there are certain trigger foods that I

can not have around me. I even need to watch the amount of healthy

snack foods I keep on hand because eating half a can of cashews isn't

a good thing either. I have to learn to be very patient with myself

and stomp out those negative thoughts that are triggered when I get

frustrated, or if someone might say something ugly to me. I have to

remember that I am in control.

My diet of choice right now is from the sugar busters book. It isn't

hard to follow, it basically cuts out refined sugars and starches.

Focuses on lean meats, veggies and low glycemic fruits - all berries,

peaches, pears, grapes (in moderation). Exercise is every day (if

possible)- 1 hr a day. Walking either at a track or using a power

walk DVD, using weights for strenght training every other day.

You can do it!

Rosemary

>

> I'm not exactly sure how I found this group, but after reading the

> messages here, I know it was for a reason! I am 32 yo and started

> having problems with my weight in college. Not that I have ever

been

> super thin!) just fit. Over the next 8 years my weight crept up

from

> 170's to 270's. Then I lost 70 lbs to get married - but I did it

for

> my husband - not me. In the next 3 years, I gained it all back +

> 10. I am now at my heaviest and hate it. I keep trying Atkins,

but

> can't stick to the plan. My husband is having a hard time

accepting

> me and my weight. His response to me is " you need to take care of

> yourself!! " We've even talked about getting a divorce.

>

> I recently took a good hard look at my life and keep wondering how

I

> lost control and perspective so completely. I feel like such a

> failure in sooooooo many ways. I would like to start a family, but

> until things are more stable with my husband and I am healthier,

I'm

> terrified. ( I should mention that I work with children with

> disabilities.)

>

> I just wanted to say thank you already for the insights you have

> given me. i already feel better knowing I am not alone and that so

> many of you are succeeding in your journey. Thank you!

>

> Rhonda

>

Guest guest

That must be rough if your husbands are not

supportive. My husband is very supportive, but now

he's almost competing with me!

He's lost 86 pounds with my help and is almost caught

up to my weight. He's been doing this for 10 months,

while I've been working at this for 3 years, hard hard

hard!

It's so not fair and it's so hard not to be jealous

and grumpy, but to instead feel happy for his success.

But it is quite frustrating. Now he is going to the

gym with me and working out which is something I

normally really like to do by myself.

Sometimes it is fun, sometimes it is irritating. But

oh well, I'll just learn to live with it.

Luv,

Debby

San , CA

380/236/180

144 pounds gone.. 56 to go!

Info on me: Debby has studied nutrition for 12 years

as a hobby, and is now in training for a

certification.

--- Jase04567@... wrote:

> Rhonda welcome. I so can relate to the hubby not

> accepting weight gain. It

> is a HUGE issue in my marriage and my household. We

> dont talk divorce do to

> kids and money. I know lame excuse or reason.

> Best advice and I am trying

> to follow the advice I give. Start a journal.

> Make baby changes. WATER,

> portions, and exercise are key no matter what route

> you take.

-------------

The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for

what you want now. -- Zig Ziglar

New group! Curing Candida:

curingcandida/

My son Hunter Hudson (10/11/04) http://debbypadilla.0catch.com/hunter/

• 2 weeks later...

In a message dated 8/8/2007 3:19:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, rhondaann74@... writes:

I keep trying Atkins, but can't stick to the plan. My husband is having a hard time accepting me and my weight. His response to me is "you need to take care of yourself!!" We've even talked about getting a divorce.

Hang in there Rhonda. I wish dh were more supportive and helpful during this. Have you talked with him to see how he can help you - without becoming the diet police?

Have you looked into WW? It's really a sound plan that most anyone should be able to follow - no weird things to follow, not too many foods to have to give up.

Good luck!

Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

G'day !

Welcome to the group. You will get lots of support, understanding and

information from the

members here. wrote a quick post to Tonia, who I know will reply as soon

as she sees

your post. She also has a son with Achalasia and is a mine of information. In

the meantime,

ask any questions you want. We have experience in regurgitating, spasms,

standing up to

eat, sleeping with our beds raised, spitting out chunks of food, treatment

methods and lots

more to boot!