RemedySpot.com

Results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Cristi,

That is totally awesome!!!! Did you use any of the body wrap products,

or is this just from breathing? Also, what positions do you use for your

hips and thighs? Were they the last to be reduced?

Thanks for this WONDERFUL endorsement!

Melodie

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:59:29 -0800 (PST) cg <cgissell@...> writes:

>I posted earlier about having lost weight and at goal

>weight over the past year. I forgot to post inch

>loss.

>

>Last Year This Year

>Bust: 41 37

>Waist: 34 27

>Rear: 42 37.5

>

>Total Inch Loss: (drum roll please) ...15.5 inches

>

>Woohoo!!! What a deal.

>Cristi

>

>__________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Hi Melodie,

I did not use any of the products during this

weight/inch loss (but I've ordered some now, just for

the softening of the skin and the smell). All the

inch loss mostly happened all over at the same time.

It seemed to just melt off in equal parts. My hips

and thighs were the biggest, so they decreased in

perportion to the rest of the decrease. I could use a

little more off the hiney right now, but when I'm

driving and do the breathing, I squeeze my knees

together to create tension in the thigh area, then I

tighten my derrier to create one big blob in the butt

area (no really, to create tension there too).heehee

Hope this answers your questions.

--- Melodie K Feather <mkfeather@...> wrote:

> Cristi,

>

> That is totally awesome!!!! Did you use any of the

> body wrap products,

> or is this just from breathing? Also, what

> positions do you use for your

> hips and thighs? Were they the last to be reduced?

>

> Thanks for this WONDERFUL endorsement!

>

> Melodie

>

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:59:29 -0800 (PST) cg

> <cgissell@...> writes:

> >I posted earlier about having lost weight and at

> goal

> >weight over the past year. I forgot to post inch

> >loss.

> >

> >Last Year This Year

> >Bust: 41 37

> >Waist: 34 27

> >Rear: 42 37.5

> >

> >Total Inch Loss: (drum roll please) ...15.5 inches

> >

> >Woohoo!!! What a deal.

> >Cristi

> >

> >__________________________________________________

> >

• 1 year later...

Helen and all, Well, it is not cancer, the Dr. called me like before 7 AM today and said great news, no cancer, showed fibersistic tissue, FU in six months for another mamogram and breast exam. Then the NP called me, but I was on internet, thank God for call wave, called her back, now I am waiting for her to call me back, and guess what, back on internet.LOL. OH well, I do have questions and stuff, but yeepee, no cancer.

Hubby and I are feeling better. Amber was at GP Tues, acute sinus infection and lymph node itis, and on Biaxin for 10, I can hear that cough coming, but she will always hold out for starting Proventil MDI, like I have to beat her over head.

April is still coughing and going on, nose is runy again, but she is in dog house, come to find out she has not been doing her neb treatments at school at dinner last week and this week, she has maybe missed three, I have found the unit dose ones in her pocket, I chewed her butt but good, plus I have called the school nurse and now she will drag her in and do it, she left me no choice, I know this is normal for kids to want to forget they need their meds, denie and all, but man, she knows better. And I almost wonder if this is why we are having such a hard time clearing this stuff up, her PP increased her Pulmicort to 4X2 for five days and call him back if no better. So help me her PP will be told about her actions.

It has like dropped about 20 degrees here in the last couple of hours, this should really add to the fire.LOL

Helen, how is the pain in the ribs and hubby's knees doing??

We still have no leads on the jerk who ran into my kids, but my friends at EMS, who is at corner of the wreck, will help keep an eye out for him. Have a good one. Marsha

No cancer....yeah!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!

-- Re: results

Helen and all, Well, it is not cancer, the Dr. called me like before 7 AM today and said great news, no cancer, showed fibersistic tissue, FU in six months for another mamogram and breast exam. Then the NP called me, but I was on internet, thank God for call wave, called her back, now I am waiting for her to call me back, and guess what, back on internet.LOL. OH well, I do have questions and stuff, but yeepee, no cancer.

Hubby and I are feeling better. Amber was at GP Tues, acute sinus infection and lymph node itis, and on Biaxin for 10, I can hear that cough coming, but she will always hold out for starting Proventil MDI, like I have to beat her over head.

April is still coughing and going on, nose is runy again, but she is in dog house, come to find out she has not been doing her neb treatments at school at dinner last week and this week, she has maybe missed three, I have found the unit dose ones in her pocket, I chewed her butt but good, plus I have called the school nurse and now she will drag her in and do it, she left me no choice, I know this is normal for kids to want to forget they need their meds, denie and all, but man, she knows better. And I almost wonder if this is why we are having such a hard time clearing this stuff up, her PP increased her Pulmicort to 4X2 for five days and call him back if no better. So help me her PP will be told about her actions.

It has like dropped about 20 degrees here in the last couple of hours, this should really add to the fire.LOL

We still have no leads on the jerk who ran into my kids, but my friends at EMS, who is at corner of the wreck, will help keep an eye out for him. Have a good one. Marsha

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMemorial Pagehttp://www.dreamwater.net/lovingmemory/Message Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at # on IRC DALnet./files/chat.htmBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into eGroups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~“Hold on to what is good, even if it's a handful of earth. Hold on to what you believe, even if it's a tree that stands by itself. Hold on to what you must do even, if it's a long way from here. Hold on to your life, even if it's easier to let go." - Pueblo Prayer~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Marsha-am so grateful you got such a good report! carol

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:09:45 -0000 "Marsha Machacek" <marsha@...> writes:

~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMemorial Pagehttp://www.dreamwater.net/lovingmemory/Message Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at # on IRC DALnet./files/chat.htmBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into eGroups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~“Hold on to what is good, even if it's a handful of earth. Hold on to what you believe, even if it's a tree that stands by itself. Hold on to what you must do even, if it's a long way from here. Hold on to your life, even if it's easier to let go." - Pueblo Prayer~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

GREAT NEWS !!!

Glad you and Hubby are doing better :o) Sent Amber a card a day or two ago, hope she received it...It's hard for children to take their meds at school when it takes time out for play Mom...Doesn't it take 15-20 min's. for each treatment??? :o) I know, she needs it, but she is just a little girl, maybe the other kids are making fun of her??? Now when she settles down and gets better, will she still have to take the treatment at school each day at noon??? Does she carry an inhaler also ???

We are actually going into the 50's this weekend :o) This has been one crazy winter here for us...But with out the snow our water levals are down and with no snow to melt in the spring to run off in to the lake we might be in trouble around here...The lake is already at its lowest leval ever the news said...

The pain I was experiencing is gone :o) Have no idea what it was... Hubby's knee's are always bad... Just worse at times than others... Weather plays a big part in it...

Hope they catch the guy for ya, but you be careful...How do the girls feel now about it??? Are they not as afraid now???

((( Special Hugs )))

Helen

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

- Anonymous.

Helen, hey there, how are you guys doing?? So glad your rib pain has decreased. How is Ross's knees doing. And your FIL??Is he feeling better tonite??

How are your girls doing??

Jim and I are better, Amber is at her cousin's for a night out with college kids, I hope I do not kick my self in the butt tomorow when she comes home, because today when I dropped her off, she was coughing her head off, you know that cough, she is doing her Proventil mdi every 4 hours, but still , all that junk is breaking up, I just hope she will use her meds the right way and just not lay back on them, she does know better and she is 16, but like you say they just want to be normal.

April had gotten worst, to the point where she could not talk in a full sentence on Wed and Thurs, so I called the PP and now he has put her back on Prelone for a 20 day weaning, what they call alternate day theray. to get this asthma back in control, all his controlled patients are either in hospital or at home very sick like April, he is accounting it to the weather. And other things. She is back on Zpack, too for five days. She is better today, and I use that word loosly, she is so pale, tired, and she is sad, she said "Mom, I just want to be normal, again" and she started crying. Her treatments at noon at school are only to be done when she is flaring, which has been for about two weeks now, it takes about 10 minutes , but when she is well and flare free she has her Albuterol MDI in her desk and she premedicates before PE>

Amber said to tell you that she got her card and thank you very much, she says you are a very nice lady for thinking of her.

I worked last night, glad I am off this weekend. You take care, Marsha

Ross's knee's still hurting quit bad, he was doing a lot of work at his parents today and I'm sure that didn't help him :o( I have had a storm headache for two days now and as far as I know we don't have one coming in, but I can do this up to five days before they get her :o(

F I L doing much better tonight, the lasix is helping a lot :o) We don't get to see or hear from the girls again now until next tues. :o(

Glad you and Jim are doing better... Sorry the girls are still not better :o( I didn't realize that Amber was 16... The card I sent her was probably to young for her then, will try and remember in the future :o)

Ah, tell April chin up, I send her BIG HUGS for such a big girl to have to put up with all that she has to go through...Tell her summer is on its way...

Have fun with your family on your weekend off :o)

Enjoy them !!! They grow up all too quick !!! (Um, I was married at 16 :o)

((( Special Family Hugs )))

Helen

Helen, hey there, how are you guys doing?? So glad your rib pain has decreased. How is Ross's knees doing. And your FIL??Is he feeling better tonite??

How are your girls doing??

Jim and I are better, Amber is at her cousin's for a night out with college kids, I hope I do not kick my self in the butt tomorow when she comes home, because today when I dropped her off, she was coughing her head off, you know that cough, she is doing her Proventil mdi every 4 hours, but still , all that junk is breaking up, I just hope she will use her meds the right way and just not lay back on them, she does know better and she is 16, but like you say they just want to be normal.

April had gotten worst, to the point where she could not talk in a full sentence on Wed and Thurs, so I called the PP and now he has put her back on Prelone for a 20 day weaning, what they call alternate day theray. to get this asthma back in control, all his controlled patients are either in hospital or at home very sick like April, he is accounting it to the weather. And other things. She is back on Zpack, too for five days. She is better today, and I use that word loosly, she is so pale, tired, and she is sad, she said "Mom, I just want to be normal, again" and she started crying. Her treatments at noon at school are only to be done when she is flaring, which has been for about two weeks now, it takes about 10 minutes , but when she is well and flare free she has her Albuterol MDI in her desk and she premedicates before PE>

Amber said to tell you that she got her card and thank you very much, she says you are a very nice lady for thinking of her.

I worked last night, glad I am off this weekend. You take care, Marsha

Helen, how are things going ?? You feeling better, Ross's knee?? How is FIL and MIL doing??

We are hanging tight here, Amber was home from school today, asthma, man sure has been wheezig alot the last three days and bad cough and those sinuses. She is on Prednisone too, three more days to go, her PP wants me to call them back on Wed to report on status, she is planning on school in AM

April is better, cough is breaking up, color returning to face. Had a good day at school.

Me, I am exhausted do not know if I am coming or going.LOL.

I feel like I am getting this junk all over, I hope not, I need to rest and take it easy before it bites me in the butt again.

Well, I am off of here and take hot shower before someone beats me to it.

Later, Marsha

Ross's knee's the same...Me hurting from this storm heading our way...Headache is terrible...

F I L has stress test in the morning and ultra sound one I think... We have to go take care of M I L and I have to finish cleaning their house...

Sorry Amber is down :o( They need some Summer Days !!!

((( BIG HUGS )))

FOR MOM !!!

Mom needs Calgon to Take Her Away !!!!

No, your not allowed to get ill again... What about that one appointment you are suppose to be taking care of after the Holidays ??? Have ya made your appointment yet ??? Love ya no getting sick, OK???

{{{ Angel Hugs }}}

Helen

Helen, how are things going ?? You feeling better, Ross's knee?? How is FIL and MIL doing??

We are hanging tight here, Amber was home from school today, asthma, man sure has been wheezig alot the last three days and bad cough and those sinuses. She is on Prednisone too, three more days to go, her PP wants me to call them back on Wed to report on status, she is planning on school in AM

April is better, cough is breaking up, color returning to face. Had a good day at school.

Me, I am exhausted do not know if I am coming or going.LOL.

I feel like I am getting this junk all over, I hope not, I need to rest and take it easy before it bites me in the butt again.

Well, I am off of here and take hot shower before someone beats me to it.

Later, Marsha

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

You'll definitely see muscle development before you see the fat gone.

If you are naturally pear shaped you probably have a tendency to lose

weight on the upper body first and the lower is the last to go. Keep

at it. Let the muscle build because the more of it you have the

higher your metabolism is going to be and will serve as an aid in

losing that thigh fat. Be patient and keep doing what is right for

you. Spinning is fine if it enables you to reach a cardio " 10. "

Squatting exercises will help to change the shape of your lower body

so be sure to incorporate them into your LB workout. Hope this helps.

Stasia

Guest guest

Spinning is fine if it enables you to reach a cardio " 10. "

>

> Squatting exercises will help to change the shape of your lower

body

> so be sure to incorporate them into your LB workout. Hope this

helps.

>

> Stasia

You cannot " spot reduce " . Squatting will help you build muscle in

your legs and glutes, but will do nothing (directly) to get rid of

fat (unless you mena that by addign muslce you will burn fat

faster). Only way to get rid of fat in one area is to get rid of it

in all areas......

Jill

Guest guest

She said to 'shape' her legs...not make them less fat.

> Spinning is fine if it enables you to reach a cardio " 10. "

> >

> > Squatting exercises will help to change the shape of your lower

> body

> > so be sure to incorporate them into your LB workout. Hope this

> helps.

> >

> > Stasia

>

>

> You cannot " spot reduce " . Squatting will help you build muscle in

> your legs and glutes, but will do nothing (directly) to get rid of

> fat (unless you mena that by addign muslce you will burn fat

> faster). Only way to get rid of fat in one area is to get rid of

it

> in all areas......

>

> Jill

Guest guest

Yeah, I know. Just didn't get that from her post, but I always read

into things, so it's prolly just me.

> > She said to 'shape' her legs...not make them less fat.

> >

>

>

> The original question asked about losing fat in the legs....

Guest guest

> Yeah, I know. Just didn't get that from her post, but I always

read

> into things, so it's prolly just me.

>

>

No worrys. Grab a Myoplex lite w/ a little umbrella in it and

chill....... Friday is almost here! :-)

Guest guest

LOL, can I SPIKE it?

> > Yeah, I know. Just didn't get that from her post, but I always

> read

> > into things, so it's prolly just me.

> >

> >

>

>

> No worrys. Grab a Myoplex lite w/ a little umbrella in it and

> chill....... Friday is almost here! :-)

Guest guest

Just wanted you to know - I am 2 days short of the end of my 12 weeks and see NO

transformation. A loss of about 16 lbs. and a couple of inches all around and

that is it. BUT ... I am starting C2 on Monday anyway and I intend to do much

better next time. It just takes a little longer for some of us is all.

Rita

Re: results

>I guess I just

> have to be patient. It just seems like everybody is making these

> remarkable transformations in 12 weeks and it is taking me a long

> time to get where I want to be.

Have you read any of Dr. Hussman's stuff? It always motivates me when

I think nothing is happening.

http://www.hussman.org/fitness/index.htm#nutrition

Jan

Guest guest

> Just wanted you to know - I am 2 days short of the end of my 12

weeks and see NO transformation. A loss of about 16 lbs. and a

couple of inches all around and that is it. BUT ... I am starting C2

on Monday anyway and I intend to do much better next time. It just

takes a little longer for some of us is all.

>

Hi-

Why aren't you taking the recommended week off?

Guest guest

- Actually what I may do is rest my body for a few days and start again on

Tuesday. For me that week off may be too long and I don't want any bad habits

to start. Once I commit to a program I am better off. Perhaps after C2 I will

take a week or two off. I didn't realize it had been recommended tho ... who

said that?

Rita

>

Hi-

Guest guest

Hi Rita,

Just wanted to share. I finish C2 on Sunday and this is what I plan to do. Eat

clean for all next week. No weightlifting. Cardio 4 days. I did this between

C1 and C2 and it felt great to be super sore again when I started the weights

after a week off. I am so psyced to be finished with C2 and have no doubt that

I will meet my goal in C3!! I will post my final results for C2 on Sunday.

Park

>

Hi-

Guest guest

Hi Park! Congratulations! I've given this a lot of thought ... This is not the

first program I've ever been on and right now I am still very psyched about

everything. I feel I can continue without the time off ... Yesterday I hurt my

back a smidge doing ubwo ... today I met my trainer and we did nothing but

stretching ... (I usually train my muscles every other day and this was the

first time since I started that we were going to do back to back days) ... so in

a way I will be giving my body 5 days of rest since I won't be starting again

until Tuesday. (Although if my back is better I may do SOME cardio! lol)

I will take a free day or two free meals this weekend and then start C2. So

its not as though I'm going from one day to the next. :)

Thanx for your interest. It is great that you are starting C3!!! I am sure you

will meet your goals. I didn't take my pics yet but did my measurements:

Lost: Waist - 2 3/4 "

Hips - 3 "

Chest - 4 "

Arm: - 1 1/2 "

Thigh - + 1/3 " (grrrrr)

Calf - 1/2 "

My Tanita totally screwed up my bf but I lost 16 lbs. scale weight.

>

Hi-

Guest guest

> - Actually what I may do is rest my body for a few days and

start again on Tuesday. For me that week off may be too long and I

don't want any bad habits to start. Once I commit to a program I am

better off. Perhaps after C2 I will take a week or two off. I

didn't realize it had been recommended tho ... who said that?

>

Well, just about everyone I know from other BFL boards (people who

have done multiple challenges) strongly feels that if you don't take

a break, you are prone to burnout (and possible dropout) in the

middle of your next challenge.

Usually what is advised is NOT a seven day " free day " but rather, a

weeklong break from your gym schedule, along with clean eating with

maybe a few " treats " . Other activities you enjoy like biking, hiking,

etc are encouraged; it's not a week to just *rest " but more of a

mental vacation from the food/ exercise schedules we follow for 12

weeks.

I'll have to check my book; I'm not sure BP ever gives an opinion on