RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

issues

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sherry, you are not butting in at all. This is how we discuss on the list! We all add our "2 cents" if we want and that just makes the conversations more interesting. So feel free to jump in anytime you want, ask questions or give your thoughts.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Re: ( ) Issues

OMG i don't know what this is all about but my 9yr old has been the same, eating his food very loudly disgusting to everyone else trying to eat, he constantly says hes bored and ready for snack right after leaving the dinner table, he never watches where he is going even when riding a bike he is so busy watching everything around him he scares me to death some times. so sorry to butt in to something i didn't know about but had to telll you my son's the same way.Sherry in Pa

First of all let me ask if your kid has a balance problem or is just being clumsy? Is this an Asperger thing? He is standing there talking & backs into something or walks right at a person without going around them almost touching that person & he crashes into things. Yesterday when talking to me he backed up crashing into the microwave & it almost fell off it's stand. Also he never ever blows his nose & he is so stuffed up. I had to fight with him to do so this morning & he finally did blow & almost threw up from gagging. He is so impulsive anymore. He grabs food or touches other's food on their plates,grabs & touches things he wants. When he eats it's like a whole herd of cattle at the table. He chomps & food is flying out of his mouth, he has his head bac & his eyes are almost closed.He is in heaven. Once he is done with a meal he is ready for dessert. I say not yet wait awhile & he starts to argue. He is always "Bored." He has a new Wii with lots of new games plus other video systeeems to play with. He has been really getting on my last nerve lately. I don't know maybe it was because school was out 2 days cause of the snow.He goes to dad's this weekend...Ya Hooooooo.Betty

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Thanks this is pretty cool!!! SherryRoxanna <madideas@...> wrote: Hi Sherry, you are not butting in at all. This is how we discuss on the list! We all add our "2 cents" if we want and that just makes the conversations more interesting. So feel free to jump in anytime you want, ask questions or give your thoughts. RoxannaAutism Happens Re: ( ) Issues OMG i don't know what this is all about but my 9yr old has been the same, eating his food very loudly disgusting to everyone else trying to eat, he constantly says hes bored and ready for snack right after leaving the dinner table, he never watches where he is going even when riding a bike he is so busy

watching everything around him he scares me to death some times. so sorry to butt in to something i didn't know about but had to telll you my son's the same way.Sherry in Pa First of all let me ask if your kid has a balance problem or is just being clumsy? Is this an Asperger thing? He is standing there talking & backs into something or walks right at a person without going around them almost touching that person & he crashes into things. Yesterday when talking to me he backed up crashing into the microwave & it almost fell off it's stand. Also he never ever blows his nose & he is so stuffed up. I had to fight with him to do so this morning & he finally did blow & almost threw up from gagging. He is so impulsive anymore. He grabs food or touches other's food on their plates,grabs & touches

things he wants. When he eats it's like a whole herd of cattle at the table. He chomps & food is flying out of his mouth, he has his head bac & his eyes are almost closed.He is in heaven. Once he is done with a meal he is ready for dessert. I say not yet wait awhile & he starts to argue. He is always "Bored." He has a new Wii with lots of new games plus other video systeeems to play with. He has been really getting on my last nerve lately. I don't know maybe it was because school was out 2 days cause of the snow.He goes to dad's this weekend...Ya Hooooooo.Betty Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I am so sorry that you are having this problems.... As to the male assistant -

my had one when she was in Kindy and she was still in pullups and

needed assistance in the bathroom.... I had no problems with this and stated so

during her IEP; however, we had no issues with unseen injuries... I looked at

it this way... if was a Victor - the likelihood that a woman would be

helping him with toileting issues is extremely high just due to the predominate

makeup of the professional staff at most elementaries.... if that can happen

with little boys - why should I have a problem with the opposite situation just

because Vickie is a girl....

The injuries are an entirely different story and I hope things can be resolved

in that area.

and actually, as to the improvising - I do it with both my kids.... it doesn't

stop - typical or special needs....

take care

ann

-------------- Original message --------------

Once again, we have to turn things up-side-down just to make things

safe and happy. We had an issue a school because Amber (age 5, DS)

seemed to be going to the bathroom with a male teacher's asistant and

the boys in class were using the toilet with the door open. On top of

this she kept coming home with bruises for which no-one wittnessed the

source. After many attempts to resolve the problem, I threw a fit and

tried to change schools. Without success, I spoke to the principal and

the teacher with the bluntest of words. Yes the problem was resolved

(as it seems), but I found myself with a very upset kindergarten

teacher. Not cool. So I quietly pulled her aside the next day at

breakfast( I volunteer for breakfast time ever day). I showed her

grusom picturs of Amber's face from the last time her teacher turned

away for a second. I explained that Amber can't tell me if something is

happening to her in the bathroom and why it may seem that I criticize

everthing she does. What an ordeal! I'm still learning how to deal with

these constant problems. When should we be diplimatic and when should

we " nail balls " ? Will I continue to go through life just improvising?

Is this what parenting is? Why do I feel like I have to write

everything down in crayon for people? I hope we have a positive

outcome.

Guest guest

Are others of you wih ASP kids having troubles getting them to go along with

things? My son is oppositional and gets angry and tantrums whenever things

aren't his way or the way he wants it. He meltsdown and cries and throws things

and screams and shouts. He blames me for everything and says I am so mean to

him. He says he wants to move out and that he hates me. I really try hard not to

give in to him. How do I break this pattern of manipulation he uses?