and I talk to God like my best friend in the world. He never judges,

doesn't give me bad advice lets me talk or cry for as long as I want

to. He is our creator, He didn't cause this illness but something in

this world did and chances are man is to blame...not God. The Bible

promises a new body when we get to heaven where there is no pain, no

sickness, no sorrow. He hurts when we hurt and he wants to hear from

us. I know this sounds goofie to some but at times I feel His presence

and a great peace comes over me. All I can say is that having a

personal relationship with Him is what all of us should strive for.

Mine has only been strengthen through this illness and I trust Him.

Hope this doesnt offend anyone but this is my prayer for all of you.

Kathy H

On 14-Nov-04, at 2:10 PM, LarryGC wrote:

> What advice do we give people who may not have that faith? 

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: Kathy Huget

> low dose naltrexone

> Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:30

> Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less

> improvement

>

> My heart goes out to both and Marcie. I've been on a decline

> (SPMS) for the past four months but still nothing compared to what you

> both are dealing with. I am close to a constant wheelchair. My

> mother-in-law today suggested some thing that worked for her " restless

> legs " . People dont understand that this weird pain and nerve sensation

> throughout my whole body that keeps me awake all night, will not go

> away with advil. She is healthy and 73 and keeps trying to compare

> some pain she's having to what I deal with. Drives me crazy! Grrrr!

> But I have a husband who helps lots and 3 wonderful teenagers who are

> quite compassionate with what I deal with. I feel very very blessed.

> My faith in God is what keeps me going.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

What advice do we give people who may not have that faith?

----- Original Message -----

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:30

Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less improvement

My heart goes out to both and Marcie. I've been on a decline (SPMS) for the past four months but still nothing compared to what you both are dealing with. I am close to a constant wheelchair. My mother-in-law today suggested some thing that worked for her "restless legs". People dont understand that this weird pain and nerve sensation throughout my whole body that keeps me awake all night, will not go away with advil. She is healthy and 73 and keeps trying to compare some pain she's having to what I deal with. Drives me crazy! Grrrr! But I have a husband who helps lots and 3 wonderful teenagers who are quite compassionate with what I deal with. I feel very very blessed. My faith in God is what keeps me going.

Guest guest

I'm glad it works for you. But I think LDN can work for people who have other beliefs, or no beliefs. So your advice for someone who doesn't share your beliefs is to develop your beliefs?

I'll offer something for someone with any belief, or none. Check out Dr. Wayne Dyer's books and audio tapes. Spend some time with Yourself and his works. You may find God, you have already found God, but what he offers is either Sans or With, it's not a factor.

Other than my chiropractors and LDN, I think it's what I've learned on my own, with the help of Wayne's wisdom has helped me daily, 11 years now. What's really strange is that I found Wayne Dyer in 1993 and when I was DX with MS in 2002 I immediately realized I was having annual MS exacerbations for 10 years by then! He was helping me cope for 9 years before I even knew I was Coping with something!

I don't know how I'd be if not for my transformation 11 years ago. His first 4 books helped me, they're just simple down to earth, day to day, living books. His later books are more spiritual, one full half of one book is dedicated to St. Francis's Prayer, a chapter for each verse. His latest book is really catching on.

So if you're depressed and always anxious, whether you're not religious, or very religious (but STILL depressed?!), I highly recommend spending some time with Wayne's offerings to the universe.

I created my own dedication page to his books back in 1995 when all I had was a text file listing his books so I could tell people their names when they asked. It's changed a bit since then. http://www.larrygc.com/dyer.html

I'm not selling anything.. just offering what I consider golden advice for those who may appreciate it. His books are available at Walden, Amazon or BDalton.

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:52

Try to develop it? There are times when I'm alone and hurting badly and I talk to God like my best friend in the world. He never judges, doesn't give me bad advice lets me talk or cry for as long as I want to. He is our creator, He didn't cause this illness but something in this world did and chances are man is to blame...not God. The Bible promises a new body when we get to heaven where there is no pain, no sickness, no sorrow. He hurts when we hurt and he wants to hear from us. I know this sounds goofie to some but at times I feel His presence and a great peace comes over me. All I can say is that having a personal relationship with Him is what all of us should strive for. Mine has only been strengthen through this illness and I trust Him.Hope this doesnt offend anyone but this is my prayer for all of you.Kathy HOn 14-Nov-04, at 2:10 PM, LarryGC wrote:

What advice do we give people who may not have that faith? ----- Original Message -----From: Kathy Huget low dose naltrexone Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:30Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less improvementMy heart goes out to both and Marcie. I've been on a decline (SPMS) for the past four months but still nothing compared to what you both are dealing with. I am close to a constant wheelchair. My mother-in-law today suggested some thing that worked for her "restless legs". People dont understand that this weird pain and nerve sensation throughout my whole body that keeps me awake all night, will not go away with advil. She is healthy and 73 and keeps trying to compare some pain she's having to what I deal with. Drives me crazy! Grrrr! But I have a husband who helps lots and 3 wonderful teenagers who are quite compassionate with what I deal with. I feel very very blessed. My faith in God is what keeps me going.

Guest guest

Hi all

I read these with great interest as sunlight or the lack of it anyway does affect me more than stress, which I have very little of.

I must be an idiot but really I am so laid back now that I no longer have to go to work that I am almost giddy.

Right now we have close to eight hours of sunlight which is really stretching it too, and cloudy days or cold ones(plenty of these in the winter) will find me feeling almost ill. Call it depresion, stress,or just the blues but it is a real factor before LDN it was a real problem now it is at least manageable.

Reg

-------Original Message-------

Date: 11/14/04 06:56:25

low dose naltrexone

In a message dated 11/13/2004 12:27:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, sheilat252002@... writes:

I did take a 10 day vacation, so I blame some of it on that stress, but your problems make me wonder if there is more to it. I also stopped taking copaxone about 2 months ago and noticed an immediate improvement, but wonder if the long run change is going to be for the worse. I'm prepared to go back on it if I have to, I consider this a 3 month vacation from it.

Another thought is that there is less sun here (Germany, so almost none) and maybe the change in vitamin D is effecting this negative change.

Anyway, I'm interested in your thoughts on this and what further changes/improvements you may notice. Keep me/us posted.

Best, Sheila (SPMS)

Sheila

Just my thoughts on this but I tthink a combination of the stress (good or bad) and the sunlight have a lot to do with this. Yesterday although it's very cold here in Michigan was a beautiful, sunny day.

I sat in a chair in front of the doorwall and just soaked up sunlight for about 10 minutes. I don't know what it did for me as far as getting any vitamin D, but the bright sunshine helped my mood. I seriously thinking about getting one of those sun lamps recently discussed on this board.

I started the ldn April 11 and quit Copaxone at the end of April. Although I don't believe it did anything, I wish I had never taken it.

I'm just going to keep taking the ldn and try to reduce the stress even more. I do feel a little less fatigued.

Arlene

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Guest guest

Marcie,

I agree with you completely, and if I am wrong, then I guess I will spend Death

in Hell. I am one of those people who has told my family and doctors that if I

become so disabled, and can no longer care for myself independently, I want to

die and I have a plan in place. I do not blame God for this illness - I take

complete blame for it. Although I never smoked or drank alcohol or hurt

people, I did drink Pepsi and I love chocolate and sugar. Those are my sins.

I believe in miracles by God, but I guess, God does not believe in me. So, be

it! Just venting!

Peace!

VCL

OK, I'm not trying to freak anybody out! I was raised Christian and believe I am. It's just not enough at times. If that's weak/no faith, so be it! I'm not asking for miracles anymore, just a little relief! A miracle would be nice, and I haven't given up hope. I believe that is all I've got. And God knows that sometimes I don't feel like I've got much! I don't beat myself up over it anymore. Sometimes I rage at God and shake my fist at Him and say, "If that's the best you can do, then stay the heck away from me!" If I am going to pay for owning my own feelings then oh well! I was made to feel ashamed and guilty most of my life! No more!

To quote a line from the classic "To Kill a Mockingbird", some men are so worried about the next life, and they don't even know how to live in this one. Everyone knows there is no sickness or disease in heaven. I'm trying to get through this life, and it ain't easy when you're an 8 on the disability scale! I think I'm doing pretty good considering a 10 is death! I just don't feel like God is with me helping through difficult times! I'm hard-headed, and I won't give up until I absolutely can't figure out a way to scratch and claw and fight my way out of bed! At that point, eventually I'll wither away because I refuse to have someone feed me and wipe my rear end! That's just me and God knows that!

LDN is the ONLY thing that has helped even a little bit. No doctors, diets, or prayer has helped in a tangible sort of way. I don't think that they hurt, except for the CRABs.

Marcie

In a message dated 11/14/2004 3:27:53 PM Central Standard Time, larrygc@... writes:

I'm glad it works for you. But I think LDN can work for people who have other beliefs, or no beliefs. So your advice for someone who doesn't share your beliefs is to develop your beliefs?

I'll offer something for someone with any belief, or none. Check out Dr. Wayne Dyer's books and audio tapes. Spend some time with Yourself and his works. You may find God, you have already found God, but what he offers is either Sans or With, it's not a factor.

Other than my chiropractors and LDN, I think it's what I've learned on my own, with the help of Wayne's wisdom has helped me daily, 11 years now. What's really strange is that I found Wayne Dyer in 1993 and when I was DX with MS in 2002 I immediately realized I was having annual MS exacerbations for 10 years by then! He was helping me cope for 9 years before I even knew I was Coping with something!

I don't know how I'd be if not for my transformation 11 years ago. His first 4 books helped me, they're just simple down to earth, day to day, living books. His later books are more spiritual, one full half of one book is dedicated to St. Francis's Prayer, a chapter for each verse. His latest book is really catching on.

So if you're depressed and always anxious, whether you're not religious, or very religious (but STILL depressed?!), I highly recommend spending some time with Wayne's offerings to the universe.

I created my own dedication page to his books back in 1995 when all I had was a text file listing his books so I could tell people their names when they asked. It's changed a bit since then. http://www.larrygc.com/dyer.html

I'm not selling anything.. just offering what I consider golden advice for those who may appreciate it. His books are available at Walden, Amazon or BDalton.

----- Original Message ----- From: Kathy Huget low dose naltrexone Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:52

Try to develop it? There are times when I'm alone and hurting badly and I talk to God like my best friend in the world. He never judges, doesn't give me bad advice lets me talk or cry for as long as I want to. He is our creator, He didn't cause this illness but something in this world did and chances are man is to blame...not God. The Bible promises a new body when we get to heaven where there is no pain, no sickness, no sorrow. He hurts when we hurt and he wants to hear from us. I know this sounds goofie to some but at times I feel His presence and a great peace comes over me. All I can say is that having a personal relationship with Him is what all of us should strive for. Mine has only been strengthen through this illness and I trust Him.

Hope this doesnt offend anyone but this is my prayer for all of you.

Kathy H

On 14-Nov-04, at 2:10 PM, LarryGC wrote:

What advice do we give people who may not have that faith? ----- Original Message -----

From: Kathy Huget low dose naltrexone Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:30

My heart goes out to both and Marcie. I've been on a decline (SPMS) for the past four months but still nothing compared to what you both are dealing with. I am close to a constant wheelchair. My mother-in-law today suggested some thing that worked for her "restless legs". People dont understand that this weird pain and nerve sensation throughout my whole body that keeps me awake all night, will not go away with advil. She is healthy and 73 and keeps trying to compare some pain she's having to what I deal with. Drives me crazy! Grrrr! But I have a husband who helps lots and 3 wonderful teenagers who are quite compassionate with what I deal with. I feel very very blessed. My faith in God is what keeps me going.

Guest guest

Kathy,

Ditto. And if we came across LDN, wasn't it the Lord who allowed it to help bring relief? God is good all the time.

God Bless

Yolanda

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 3:52 PM

Try to develop it? There are times when I'm alone and hurting badly and I talk to God like my best friend in the world. He never judges, doesn't give me bad advice lets me talk or cry for as long as I want to. He is our creator, He didn't cause this illness but something in this world did and chances are man is to blame...not God. The Bible promises a new body when we get to heaven where there is no pain, no sickness, no sorrow. He hurts when we hurt and he wants to hear from us. I know this sounds goofie to some but at times I feel His presence and a great peace comes over me. All I can say is that having a personal relationship with Him is what all of us should strive for. Mine has only been strengthen through this illness and I trust Him.Hope this doesnt offend anyone but this is my prayer for all of you.Kathy HOn 14-Nov-04, at 2:10 PM, LarryGC wrote:

What advice do we give people who may not have that faith? ----- Original Message -----From: Kathy Huget low dose naltrexone Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:30Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less improvementMy heart goes out to both and Marcie. I've been on a decline (SPMS) for the past four months but still nothing compared to what you both are dealing with. I am close to a constant wheelchair. My mother-in-law today suggested some thing that worked for her "restless legs". People dont understand that this weird pain and nerve sensation throughout my whole body that keeps me awake all night, will not go away with advil. She is healthy and 73 and keeps trying to compare some pain she's having to what I deal with. Drives me crazy! Grrrr! But I have a husband who helps lots and 3 wonderful teenagers who are quite compassionate with what I deal with. I feel very very blessed. My faith in God is what keeps me going.

Guest guest

While MS is often worsened or maybe even triggered by Pepsi and chocolate I don't believe it is a divine punishment for enjoying them. I seriously doubt any of us are being punished in this manner by a supreme being. Your faith may encourage you to believe that you are being tested and that in itself may give you the strength to persevere. Any belief that strengthens you is a great thing, but punishment for whatever sins you've committed? I doubt it. If that were the case there are an awful lot of truly immoral and cruel people living in good health until their death from old age or state mandated executions...

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 3:06 PM

Marcie,I agree with you completely, and if I am wrong, then I guess I will spend Death in Hell. I am one of those people who has told my family and doctors that if I become so disabled, and can no longer care for myself independently, I want to die and I have a plan in place. I do not blame God for this illness - I take complete blame for it. Although I never smoked or drank alcohol or hurt people, I did drink Pepsi and I love chocolate and sugar. Those are my sins. I believe in miracles by God, but I guess, God does not believe in me. So, be it! Just venting!Peace!VCL

Guest guest

Hi VCL,

It isn't sinful to enjoy chocolate and sweets, God created the source where we get them from, He knew it would bring us pleasure. I'm a chocoholic and I enjoy it to an extent. As far as miracles, I have seen so many in my life and the life of others, but it's in His time. He knows you and He will work according to your faith. So if you say you believe in miracles, you will receive one. It was Him who allowed us to find LDN. Enjoy it's relief and expect a miracle.

God Bless

Yolanda

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 6:06 PM

Marcie,I agree with you completely, and if I am wrong, then I guess I will spend Death in Hell. I am one of those people who has told my family and doctors that if I become so disabled, and can no longer care for myself independently, I want to die and I have a plan in place. I do not blame God for this illness - I take complete blame for it. Although I never smoked or drank alcohol or hurt people, I did drink Pepsi and I love chocolate and sugar. Those are my sins. I believe in miracles by God, but I guess, God does not believe in me. So, be it! Just venting!Peace!VCL

Guest guest

Have you tried to give up all chocolate, for say, 8-10 weeks? See if you notice any changes after say, 3 weeks.

Then after 8-10 weeks, see how you feel, then start eating it again and see how you feel 3 weeks after that. You may find chocolate is a big enemy to you.

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 18:06

Guest guest

You did ask for a suggestion and Im just sharing what works for me.

Did not mean to offend you. Obviously LDN works for people of any

belief that wasn't what I was suggesting at all. I Appreciate

everyone's experiences here and no one is knocking what you are

suggesting so why attack me?? Thats great that these books have helped

you and now you are sharing that with others...is that not what we are

here for? You have a double standard I'm afraid.

Kathy

On 14-Nov-04, at 2:59 PM, LarryGC wrote:

> I'm glad it works for you.  But I think LDN can work for people who

> have other beliefs, or no beliefs.  So your advice for someone who

> doesn't share your beliefs is to develop your beliefs?

>  

> I'll offer something for someone with any belief, or none.  Check out

> Dr. Wayne Dyer's books and audio tapes.  Spend some time with Yourself

> and his works.  You may find God, you have already found God, but what

> he offers is either Sans or With, it's not a factor.

>  

> Other than my chiropractors and LDN, I think it's what I've learned on

> my own, with the help of Wayne's wisdom has helped me daily, 11 years

> now.  What's really strange is that I found Wayne Dyer in 1993 and

> when I was DX with MS in 2002 I immediately realized I was having

> annual MS exacerbations for 10 years by then!  He was helping me cope

> for 9 years before I even knew I was Coping with something!

>  

> I don't know how I'd be if not for my transformation 11 years ago. 

> His first 4 books helped me, they're just simple down to earth, day to

> day, living books.  His later books are more spiritual, one full half

> of one book is dedicated to St. Francis's Prayer, a chapter for each

> verse.  His latest book is really catching on.

>  

> So if you're depressed and always anxious, whether you're not

> religious, or very religious (but STILL depressed?!), I highly

> recommend spending some time with Wayne's offerings to the universe.

>  

> I created my own dedication page to his books back in 1995 when all I

> had was a text file listing his books so I could tell people their

> names when they asked.  It's changed a bit since then. 

> http://www.larrygc.com/dyer.html

>  

> I'm not selling anything.. just offering what I consider golden advice

> for those who may appreciate it.   His books are available at Walden,

> Amazon or BDalton.

>  

>  

>  

>  

> low dose naltrexone

> Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:52

> improvement

>

> Try to develop it? There are times when I'm alone and hurting badly

> and I talk to God like my best friend in the world. He never judges,

> doesn't give me bad advice lets me talk or cry for as long as I want

> to. He is our creator, He didn't cause this illness but something in

> this world did and chances are man is to blame...not God. The Bible

> promises a new body when we get to heaven where there is no pain, no

> sickness, no sorrow. He hurts when we hurt and he wants to hear from

> us. I know this sounds goofie to some but at times I feel His presence

> and a great peace comes over me. All I can say is that having a

> personal relationship with Him is what all of us should strive for.

> Mine has only been strengthen through this illness and I trust Him.

>

> Hope this doesnt offend anyone but this is my prayer for all of you.

>

> Kathy H

> On 14-Nov-04, at 2:10 PM, LarryGC wrote:

>

>

> low dose naltrexone

> improvement

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Im sorry if what I said sounded judgemental...that was definitely not

my intention. God is obviously a very personal topic and am sorry that

people tried to make you feel ashamed and guilty all your life. That

is very wrong. But that was not God. You are entitled to every emotion

this dreadful disease brings out of you. I've certainly been mad about

this disease and questioned everything there is to question and why

miracles aren't readily available is one of them. I believe LDN could

be an answer to prayer. Rather than offend (when certainly not

intending to) I will try not to mention my faith again. Its

interesting though that people on this site are free to express

everything else that works for them but not God?? When I was blaming

man for this disease I meant things like mercury and other toxins and

drugs I was not blaming the people that have this disease. We are the

victims here.

On 14-Nov-04, at 3:04 PM, marciemjm@... wrote:

> OK, I'm not trying to freak anybody out!  I was raised Christian and

> believe I am.  It's just not enough at times.  If that's weak/no

> faith, so be it!  I'm not asking for miracles anymore, just a little

> relief!  A miracle would be nice, and I haven't given up hope.  I

> believe that is all I've got.  And God knows that sometimes I don't

> feel like I've got much!  I don't beat myself up over it anymore.

>  Sometimes I rage at God and shake my fist at Him and say, " If that's

> the best you can do, then stay the heck away from me! "  If I am going

> to pay for owning my own feelings then oh well!  I was made to feel

> ashamed and guilty most of my life!  No more!

>

> To quote a line from the classic " To Kill a Mockingbird " , some men are

> so worried about the next life, and they don't even know how to live

> in this one.  Everyone knows there is no sickness or disease in

> heaven.  I'm trying to get through this life, and it ain't easy when

> you're an 8 on the disability scale!  I think I'm doing pretty good

> considering a 10 is death!  I just don't feel like God is with me

> helping through difficult times!  I'm hard-headed, and I won't give up

> until I absolutely can't figure out a way to scratch and claw and

> fight my way out of bed!  At that point, eventually I'll wither away

> because I refuse to have someone feed me and wipe my rear end!  That's

> just me and God knows that!

>

> LDN is the ONLY thing that has helped even a little bit.  No doctors,

> diets, or prayer has helped in a tangible sort of way.  I don't think

> that they hurt, except for the CRABs.

>

> Marcie

>

>

>

> In a message dated 11/14/2004 3:27:53 PM Central Standard Time,

> larrygc@... writes:

>

>

> I'm glad it works for you.  But I think LDN can work for people who

> have other beliefs, or no beliefs.  So your advice for someone who

> doesn't share your beliefs is to develop your beliefs?

>

> I'll offer something for someone with any belief, or none.  Check out

> Dr. Wayne Dyer's books and audio tapes.  Spend some time with Yourself

> and his works.  You may find God, you have already found God, but what

> he offers is either Sans or With, it's not a factor.

>

> Other than my chiropractors and LDN, I think it's what I've learned

> on my own, with the help of Wayne's wisdom has helped me daily, 11

> years now.  What's really strange is that I found Wayne Dyer in 1993

> and when I was DX with MS in 2002 I immediately realized I was having

> annual MS exacerbations for 10 years by then!  He was helping me cope

> for 9 years before I even knew I was Coping with something!

>

> I don't know how I'd be if not for my transformation 11 years ago.

>  His first 4 books helped me, they're just simple down to earth, day

> to day, living books.  His later books are more spiritual, one full

> half of one book is dedicated to St. Francis's Prayer, a chapter for

> each verse.  His latest book is really catching on.

>

> So if you're depressed and always anxious, whether you're not

> religious, or very religious (but STILL depressed?!), I highly

> recommend spending some time with Wayne's offerings to the universe.

>

> I created my own dedication page to his books back in 1995 when all I

> had was a text file listing his books so I could tell people their

> names when they asked.  It's changed a bit since then.

>  http://www.larrygc.com/dyer.html

>

> I'm not selling anything.. just offering what I consider golden advice

> for those who may appreciate it.   His books are available at Walden,

> Amazon or BDalton.

>

>

>

>

>

> low dose naltrexone

> Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:52

> improvement

>

>

>

>

> Kathy H

>

> low dose naltrexone

> improvement

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thankyou Yolanda...that was kinda the point I was making. Was only

trying to encourage, I care deeply about all of you and only wish the

best for everyone on this forum. God for me is the best.

Love to all,

Kathy

On 14-Nov-04, at 4:07 PM, Gomez wrote:

> Kathy,

>  

> Ditto. And if we came across LDN, wasn't it the Lord who allowed it to

> help bring relief?  God is good all the time.

>  

> God Bless

> Yolanda

> low dose naltrexone

> Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 3:52 PM

> improvement

>

>

>

> Kathy H

>

>

> low dose naltrexone

> improvement

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

You go!!! I love your spirit and tenacity. I needed to read your message at this very moment. Thank you.

Miriam

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 2:04 PM

OK, I'm not trying to freak anybody out! I was raised Christian and believe I am. It's just not enough at times. If that's weak/no faith, so be it! I'm not asking for miracles anymore, just a little relief! A miracle would be nice, and I haven't given up hope. I believe that is all I've got. And God knows that sometimes I don't feel like I've got much! I don't beat myself up over it anymore. Sometimes I rage at God and shake my fist at Him and say, "If that's the best you can do, then stay the heck away from me!" If I am going to pay for owning my own feelings then oh well! I was made to feel ashamed and guilty most of my life! No more! To quote a line from the classic "To Kill a Mockingbird", some men are so worried about the next life, and they don't even know how to live in this one. Everyone knows there is no sickness or disease in heaven. I'm trying to get through this life, and it ain't easy when you're an 8 on the disability scale! I think I'm doing pretty good considering a 10 is death! I just don't feel like God is with me helping through difficult times! I'm hard-headed, and I won't give up until I absolutely can't figure out a way to scratch and claw and fight my way out of bed! At that point, eventually I'll wither away because I refuse to have someone feed me and wipe my rear end! That's just me and God knows that! LDN is the ONLY thing that has helped even a little bit. No doctors, diets, or prayer has helped in a tangible sort of way. I don't think that they hurt, except for the CRABs. Marcie In a message dated 11/14/2004 3:27:53 PM Central Standard Time, larrygc@... writes:

I'm glad it works for you. But I think LDN can work for people who have other beliefs, or no beliefs. So your advice for someone who doesn't share your beliefs is to develop your beliefs? I'll offer something for someone with any belief, or none. Check out Dr. Wayne Dyer's books and audio tapes. Spend some time with Yourself and his works. You may find God, you have already found God, but what he offers is either Sans or With, it's not a factor. Other than my chiropractors and LDN, I think it's what I've learned on my own, with the help of Wayne's wisdom has helped me daily, 11 years now. What's really strange is that I found Wayne Dyer in 1993 and when I was DX with MS in 2002 I immediately realized I was having annual MS exacerbations for 10 years by then! He was helping me cope for 9 years before I even knew I was Coping with something! I don't know how I'd be if not for my transformation 11 years ago. His first 4 books helped me, they're just simple down to earth, day to day, living books. His later books are more spiritual, one full half of one book is dedicated to St. Francis's Prayer, a chapter for each verse. His latest book is really catching on. So if you're depressed and always anxious, whether you're not religious, or very religious (but STILL depressed?!), I highly recommend spending some time with Wayne's offerings to the universe. I created my own dedication page to his books back in 1995 when all I had was a text file listing his books so I could tell people their names when they asked. It's changed a bit since then. http://www.larrygc.com/dyer.html I'm not selling anything.. just offering what I consider golden advice for those who may appreciate it. His books are available at Walden, Amazon or BDalton.

----- Original Message ----- From: Kathy Huget low dose naltrexone Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:52 Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less improvement Try to develop it? There are times when I'm alone and hurting badly and I talk to God like my best friend in the world. He never judges, doesn't give me bad advice lets me talk or cry for as long as I want to. He is our creator, He didn't cause this illness but something in this world did and chances are man is to blame...not God. The Bible promises a new body when we get to heaven where there is no pain, no sickness, no sorrow. He hurts when we hurt and he wants to hear from us. I know this sounds goofie to some but at times I feel His presence and a great peace comes over me. All I can say is that having a personal relationship with Him is what all of us should strive for. Mine has only been strengthen through this illness and I trust Him. Hope this doesnt offend anyone but this is my prayer for all of you. Kathy H On 14-Nov-04, at 2:10 PM, LarryGC wrote:

What advice do we give people who may not have that faith? ----- Original Message ----- From: Kathy Huget low dose naltrexone Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:30 Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less improvement My heart goes out to both and Marcie. I've been on a decline (SPMS) for the past four months but still nothing compared to what you both are dealing with. I am close to a constant wheelchair. My mother-in-law today suggested some thing that worked for her "restless legs". People dont understand that this weird pain and nerve sensation throughout my whole body that keeps me awake all night, will not go away with advil. She is healthy and 73 and keeps trying to compare some pain she's having to what I deal with. Drives me crazy! Grrrr! But I have a husband who helps lots and 3 wonderful teenagers who are quite compassionate with what I deal with. I feel very very blessed. My faith in God is what keeps me going.

Guest guest

Taking offense is a personal choice. I was not offended, nor should you be, but that's your choice. I asked for a suggestion for those who are not involved with one particular religious affiliation, and since your only answer was to suggest that one finds that path, I simply offered a viable alternative.

My suggestion isn't a replacement for your suggestion, just an enhancement. And if one is not of your background and beliefs, it's even that much more powerful.

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 21:38

You did ask for a suggestion and Im just sharing what works for me. Did not mean to offend you. Obviously LDN works for people of any belief that wasn't what I was suggesting at all. I Appreciate everyone's experiences here and no one is knocking what you are suggesting so why attack me?? Thats great that these books have helped you and now you are sharing that with others...is that not what we are here for? You have a double standard I'm afraid.KathyOn 14-Nov-04, at 2:59 PM, LarryGC wrote:

Guest guest

Here's my point, when a person is able-bodied and making it fairly well through their days, not falling and bouncing their heads off of the floor or cutting partrs of their body on the way down during the fall, faith is much easier. The last time this happened to me, as I dragged my paralyzed body to the stool that I had made so that I don't have to call the PD or EMS everytime I need back in my chair (and take it from me, the stool doesn't make the job of getting in the chair easy!), I left a trail of blood from the bathroom to my bedroom. It wasn't a comfort to know that God was there watching me. Maybe it's just me, but truly, I didn't know that I could lose so much. No doctors will tell one about this since it can send someone over the edge. None of the literature even came close. I've learned as I've gone!

Like I've said, I'm hard-headed and I ain't giving in! It will be over my dead body that I let this disease win! I know that nothing could have prepared me for this hell on earth! I had to learn it on my own! Proverbs mentions that a peaceful spirit is good for the soul, but stife and turmoil will rot the bones! I know this is true for me. I've been an emotional wreck my entire life. My parents used to think it was cute how I worried about things as a child. I think their ignorance let them perceive it as responsibility somehow. Or maybe I wouldn't get into trouble if I was so concerned about consequences. They had control issues! Anyway...stress is a killer. Don't worry...be happy! If a person isn't making mistakes, they aren't living! Life on this earth needs to be lived to the fullest!

There's my advice to anyone! Oh, and if a diagnosis of MS comes along, get LDN ASAP!!

Marcie

In a message dated 11/14/2004 9:02:04 PM Central Standard Time, etna@... writes:

Thankyou Yolanda...that was kinda the point I was making. Was only trying to encourage, I care deeply about all of you and only wish the best for everyone on this forum. God for me is the best.

Love to all,

Guest guest

If we listened to 'them', whoever 'they' are, we would go nuts trying to figure it all out! I do believe there are some practical things that make sense, like getting mercury out of our heads, but it probably won't make a big difference in most. The way I see it, if an occassional Dr Pepper and Snicker Bar is going to do me in then Oh Well! I know people who live on that kind of stuff! I am not going to beat myself up over it anymore!

Marcie

In a message dated 11/15/2004 10:29:14 AM Central Standard Time, manchester_terrier@... writes:

Dear LarryGC,

I did give up chocolate for 5 weeks (without really noticing it), and my journal during those days are the same words I used while eating chocolate.

So, I do not think chocolate is the culprit. I doubt, in my Lifetime anyway, that we will ever know what causes MS. When I was diagnosed 27 years ago, they said it was caused by little house dogs (my father almost got rid of my manchester terrier). Then, they said, if you had measles before your first birthday (which I had), that caused MS. Then, they said it was where you were born and lived (in the North). I was born in Texas and since my father was in the Army we moved all over the US. So, I have stopped listening to their theories. When I die, and go before God, I will ask then and be assured of an accurate answer.

Peace!

VCL

Guest guest

I freaked a preacher out once when I told him that I had some questions for God when I stood in judgement!! I'll meet you there too! I don't think there';s anything wrong with having questions! Of course, then it won't matter!

Marcie

In a message dated 11/15/2004 10:58:32 AM Central Standard Time, lorigrady214@... writes:

I'll meet you there. I would like to know the answer too...

Guest guest

I would suggest that they ask God for Faith. He hears....He will answer.

Regards,

Tom

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 4:10 PM

What advice do we give people who may not have that faith?

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:30

Guest guest

Dear & Marcie,

I feel for both of you for having those difficulties and admire you coping with it bravely. I wish you both, and all others who're suffering, the best. If you have a friend to talk to or if I could be of any assistance, please let me know.

Chi

Guest guest

Dear LarryGC,

I did give up chocolate for 5 weeks (without really noticing it), and my

journal during those days are the same words I used while eating chocolate.

So, I do not think chocolate is the culprit. I doubt, in my Lifetime anyway,

that we will ever know what causes MS. When I was diagnosed 27 years ago, they

said it was caused by little house dogs (my father almost got rid of my

manchester terrier). Then, they said, if you had measles before your first

birthday (which I had), that caused MS. Then, they said it was where you were

born and lived (in the North). I was born in Texas and since my father was in

the Army we moved all over the US. So, I have stopped listening to their

theories. When I die, and go before God, I will ask then and be assured of an

accurate answer.

Peace!

VCL

Have you tried to give up all chocolate, for say, 8-10 weeks? See if you notice any changes after say, 3 weeks.

Then after 8-10 weeks, see how you feel, then start eating it again and see how you feel 3 weeks after that. You may find chocolate is a big enemy to you.

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 18:06

Guest guest

I'll meet you there. I would like to know the answer too...

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 10:24 AM

Dear LarryGC,I did give up chocolate for 5 weeks (without really noticing it), and my journal during those days are the same words I used while eating chocolate. So, I do not think chocolate is the culprit. I doubt, in my Lifetime anyway, that we will ever know what causes MS. When I was diagnosed 27 years ago, they said it was caused by little house dogs (my father almost got rid of my manchester terrier). Then, they said, if you had measles before your first birthday (which I had), that caused MS. Then, they said it was where you were born and lived (in the North). I was born in Texas and since my father was in the Army we moved all over the US. So, I have stopped listening to their theories. When I die, and go before God, I will ask then and be assured of an accurate answer.Peace!VCL

Guest guest

Yes , I've been taking LDN since February 04. It hasn't done for me what it has for others but it has helped a little so I see no reason to stop taking it. I appreciate you responding to my message and your concern but there are other people who are in much worse shape than I am. I can still drive and get around with a cane, which isn't the case for many. I was just trying to express my frustrations at all the other problems that a chronic illness like MS brings to life. Loneliness is what bothers me the most because it isn't something that should ever happen. It really is frustrating to watch people who were once close run away we have leprocy. The one person who would have stood by me is my wife but she was in a nursing home before I needed any help. I'm glad that I stuck by her all those years before she went into the nursing home but it was painful to watch all her friends turn her back on her. I just want to point out to the public how much more difficult being disabled is because of the way we are treated. Perfect strangers seem to treat us the best, opening doors and helping any way they can but people who were close tend to be downright mean. I can tell by the responses that I received that I'm not alone in the way I feel. It's just that I watched it happen to my wife before it happened to me and it made me sick both times. Thankfully we have the internet so we can support each other because we are going through basically the same thing. The responses that I got from you, Joanne, , Russ, Marcie, , Chi and others are all important to me.

Best wishes,

Chris

-------------- Original message -------------- > > > your story touches me very much and I'm sorry you have to go > through this. I'm curious to know if you're taking LDN and if it's > helped at all... > > > > ________________________________________________________________ > Juno Platinum $9.95. Juno SpeedBand $14.95. > Sign up for Juno Today at http://www.juno.com! > Look for special offers at Best Buy stores. > > >

Guest guest

Kathy,

You expressed it well. I concur, God is the best for me also.

God Bless

Yolanda

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 9:56 PM

Thankyou Yolanda...that was kinda the point I was making. Was only trying to encourage, I care deeply about all of you and only wish the best for everyone on this forum. God for me is the best.Love to all,KathyOn 14-Nov-04, at 4:07 PM, Gomez wrote:

Kathy, Ditto. And if we came across LDN, wasn't it the Lord who allowed it to help bring relief? God is good all the time. God BlessYolanda----- Original Message -----From: Kathy Huget low dose naltrexone Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 3:52 PMSubject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less improvementTry to develop it? There are times when I'm alone and hurting badly and I talk to God like my best friend in the world. He never judges, doesn't give me bad advice lets me talk or cry for as long as I want to. He is our creator, He didn't cause this illness but something in this world did and chances are man is to blame...not God. The Bible promises a new body when we get to heaven where there is no pain, no sickness, no sorrow. He hurts when we hurt and he wants to hear from us. I know this sounds goofie to some but at times I feel His presence and a great peace comes over me. All I can say is that having a personal relationship with Him is what all of us should strive for. Mine has only been strengthen through this illness and I trust Him.Hope this doesnt offend anyone but this is my prayer for all of you.Kathy HOn 14-Nov-04, at 2:10 PM, LarryGC wrote:What advice do we give people who may not have that faith? ----- Original Message -----From: Kathy Hugetlow dose naltrexone Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:30Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less improvementMy heart goes out to both and Marcie. I've been on a decline (SPMS) for the past four months but still nothing compared to what you both are dealing with. I am close to a constant wheelchair. My mother-in-law today suggested some thing that worked for her "restless legs". People dont understand that this weird pain and nerve sensation throughout my whole body that keeps me awake all night, will not go away with advil. She is healthy and 73 and keeps trying to compare some pain she's having to what I deal with. Drives me crazy! Grrrr! But I have a husband who helps lots and 3 wonderful teenagers who are quite compassionate with what I deal with. I feel very very blessed. My faith in God is what keeps me going.

Guest guest

I have problem with this vit D theory...I live since 1977 in

tropics, been on sun every day since then and even with all the

supplements and LDN I am not seeing fantastic improvemnts!

Zora

Trinidad

WI

>

> In a message dated 11/13/2004 12:58:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,

> jatrac1@p... writes:

>

> I wonder most about the vitamin D connection. As the days have

become

> shorter I've had a continuing increase in symptoms and discomfort

despite taking

> supplemental vitamin D. And I find myself craving sunshine...

>

>

>

> JT

> Like I posted to Sheila, I think the lack of sunshgine/Vit D has a

lot to do

> with mood, which in turn causes stress, which in turn causes an

increase in

> symptoms.

>

> I guess Ashton Embry's theories on vit D are valid (he's the

originator of