RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: ldn, exacerbations, feeling less improvement

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/13/2004 9:32:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, tbayuk@... writes:

Stress is not emphasized enough. It is like the kiss of death. Avoid it, avoid it, avoid it. It causes all kinds of chemical and hormonal changes.

You will improve, accept what is, do the best that you can, you can't do more than that and get on with life. Have fun at the wedding.

Regards,

Thanks Tom -

I needed that, and in fact "I will get better" is one of my affirmations. I just have to remember to say it more often.

Thanks again

Arlene

Guest guest

Arlene,

Stress is not emphasized enough. It is like the kiss of death. Avoid it, avoid it, avoid it. It causes all kinds of chemical and hormonal changes.

You will improve, accept what is, do the best that you can, you can't do more than that and get on with life. Have fun at the wedding.

Regards,

Tom

----- Original Message -----

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 8:41 AM

Subject: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less improvement

I have been taking ldn for 7 months. I immediately felt less depressed and sense of well being but, it took some time to feel other improvements, (6 months)which weren't really dramatic like some others on the board, but none the less very welcome.

My question now is, things seem to be a ittle worse, like dragging more prominent in left and right leg much heavier and harder to move.

I just got over planning and having a shower for my daughter. The stress was good in many ways, but I worried a lot about everything going well. It's over and it did go well, but now I'm feeling less good.

Could I be going through an exacerbation, causing these things? Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I'll get back to feeling the way I did before the shower?

I live in Michigan and now am planning a trip to Florida for the wedding Dec 19.

Arlene

Guest guest

Hi I am Joanne I wanted to agree with stress is our enemy.

Arleen we seem to be around the same age I have an eighteen year old

son Andy that I gave brith to when I was thirty. I Have been

diagnosised with MS last March 2003 at the Layhe Clinic Mass. I Had

about eight months IV steriods and oral combo then I slowly tapered

off the steriods. Three weeks ago I started LDN . I have bladder

control where there was none and I am walking better thinking

clearer. The progress is very very slow but evident. Arlene,in short

I am praying that you get a great deal of help from LDN with

decreased stress. Good luck to all JL

> Arlene,

> Stress is not emphasized enough. It is like the kiss of death.

Avoid it, avoid it, avoid it. It causes all kinds of chemical and

hormonal changes.

> You will improve, accept what is, do the best that you can, you

can't do more than that and get on with life. Have fun at the

wedding.

> Regards,

> Tom

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: arlizotte@a...

> low dose naltrexone

> Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 8:41 AM

> Subject: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less

improvement

>

>

> I have been taking ldn for 7 months. I immediately felt less

depressed and sense of well being but, it took some time to feel

other improvements, (6 months)which weren't really dramatic like

some others on the board, but none the less very welcome.

>

> My question now is, things seem to be a ittle worse, like

dragging more prominent in left and right leg much heavier and

harder to move.

>

> I just got over planning and having a shower for my daughter.

The stress was good in many ways, but I worried a lot about

everything going well. It's over and it did go well, but now I'm

feeling less good.

>

> Could I be going through an exacerbation, causing these things?

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I'll get back to feeling

the way I did before the shower?

>

> I live in Michigan and now am planning a trip to Florida for the

wedding Dec 19.

>

> Arlene

>

>

Guest guest

I have decided to focus on the stress part of my illness. I have always been anxious and nervous. I don't deal well with stress. I decided to take something natural before I take an rx. I found a tablet called the chill pill. I am hoping it helps me to feel calmer and then helps me to feel an overall wellness. I will post about it.

I

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 11:07 AM

Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less improvement

In a message dated 11/13/2004 9:32:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, tbayuk@... writes:

Regards,

Thanks Tom -

I needed that, and in fact "I will get better" is one of my affirmations. I just have to remember to say it more often.

Thanks again

Arlene

Guest guest

You've just said what so many of us think. You have to be careful where you express true feelings as so many interpret it as a 'bad attitude'. I understand you completely. No, I don't see death as being a bad thing, although I don't particularly enjoy the thought of dying. What I live with on a daily basis can't be worse than death! My goal each day is to get through and not make everyone around me as miserable as I am. No one can tell that I am physically hurting 24/7. I read about people who think they are bad off, and they are only a 2.5 - 3 on the disability scale! Just wait until the 8 rolls around. It leaves very little pleasure in anything! If I had known about LDN as soon as I had my first symptom who knows what may have been? That's why I think it is criminal for docs to not put people on it at the first sign of MS. A progressive form of MS is a very slow and painful death. No comparison in RRMS and PPMS.

Anyway, go ahead and vent here since there are some who can truly relate. I feel your pain. People will say to me, "I'm going to come see you sometime." Or, "We need to go do something sometime." But they never do, and that really doesn't bother me because I get tired of having to keep up the act. I've found kids and dogs to be about the best company! They can see past the disability. Most able-bodied adults can't. Only when it happens to them will they truly understand.

Live life one day at a time? What else is there? That's all anybody can do. It's just that my days involve having to figure out how I'm going to get off of the toilet this time because what I did 1 - 2 hours ago isn't working. Or I go into a public restroom and the stall isn't big enough to close the door, so I have to try to act like exposing myself to everyone who walks in really isn't as humiliating as it feels. I could go on and on about how hard day to day life is, but I'm sure you get the picture!

The depression is inevitable. How does one cope? I don't know. I think not knowing the cause and no real good symptomatic treatment, much less a cure, makes it real tough. I constantly battle demons from my past and wonder if I hadn't done this or that...it nearly drives me crazy! I want someone or something to blame, but it wouldn't change anything.

We are easy prey for every gimmick and supplement to hit the market! A 'friend' called me today and wanted to bring me a book about a product called PSP. I told her I wasn't interested. I checked it out 1 1/2 years ago. Almost identical to the Ambrotose someone talked me into a couple of years ago. You know...it will cure everything and make you rich in the process! I wonder...does this wheelchair look like a money tree? Besides, I can't get my hopes up again to be let down. Oh, it's supposed to work in 4 - 6 weeks!! Ya right!

Then there are the able-bodied religious people who make us believe that we're just not being faithful enough! Well, at this point, faith is about all I've got. Nothing else has worked! It can't hurt, but will it help? It hasn't taken away the pain or gotten me off of the toilet yet! I'm still hoping!

I have no words of wisdom. Just hang in there and know that you're not alone!

Marcie

Guest guest

Arlene, ,

Yes, we really need to repeat those positive phrases more often and

visualize the improvements. I'm going through a rough time now, a

definite exacerbation and I need so much to keep the positive

thoughts flowing. Not easy, I tend to get all worked up and stress

myself over where I'm heading. Thank you for your words.

They hit me right where I needed it. Arlene have a great trip to

Florida and a fun time.

Kind regards

Joanne

> Arlene,

> Stress is not emphasized enough. It is like the kiss of death.

Avoid it, avoid it, avoid it. It causes all kinds of chemical and

hormonal changes.

> You will improve, accept what is, do the best that you can, you

can't do more than that and get on with life. Have fun at the

wedding.

> Regards,

> Tom

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: arlizotte@a...

> low dose naltrexone

> Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 8:41 AM

> Subject: [low dose naltrexone] ldn, exacerbations, feeling less

improvement

>

>

> I have been taking ldn for 7 months. I immediately felt less

depressed and sense of well being but, it took some time to feel

other improvements, (6 months)which weren't really dramatic like

some others on the board, but none the less very welcome.

>

> My question now is, things seem to be a ittle worse, like

dragging more prominent in left and right leg much heavier and

harder to move.

>

> I just got over planning and having a shower for my daughter.

The stress was good in many ways, but I worried a lot about

everything going well. It's over and it did go well, but now I'm

feeling less good.

>

> Could I be going through an exacerbation, causing these things?

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I'll get back to feeling

the way I did before the shower?

>

> I live in Michigan and now am planning a trip to Florida for the

wedding Dec 19.

>

> Arlene

>

>

Guest guest

How can you avoid stress when you have MSit? I've learned. I've lost everything to MS and really don't have the energy to fight it anymore. First I had to watch it destroy my wife. While taking care of her I was diagnosed with MS myself. We were raising two kids during that time so the stress was incredible. I was able to get the kids off to a good start in life but my wife had to go into a nursing home while I waas doing that. Now the kids are grown and gone, my wife has been in a nursing home for 7 years, and I live alone while the disease cripples me. I don't think stress bothers me anymore because I really don't give a damn about what happens. Death is the worst that could happen but I'm not so sure that would be such a bad thing. I struggle through every day hoping it will be my last. People say to live life one day at a time and I do that as well as anyone. I really don't think about anything beyond tomorrow. MS has taken everything from me but I'm trying not to give up. I just wish that I was able to take care of myself better than I do. I wouldn't eat anything that I cook so I either go out to eat alone or go to a drive-thru. I'm really disappointed the way family and friends have reacted to my disability because I don't hear much from them. A lunch date or an invitation to dinner would mean the world to me. I don't what is worse, the MS or the loneliness that it can bring. Well I've rambled on enough so I'll stop. We all are really only dust in the wind so don't get stressed out about anything. Peace,

-------------- Original message --------------

Regards,

Thanks Tom -

Thanks again

Arlene

Guest guest

A little off topic- but I think many people don't know how to react to disability. I find it to be very lonely at times too. My extended family is the worst. My faith in God and connection at my Christian church helps keep me going. Also a great husband and teen boys.( exhausting, but I have to keep going for them) Our church is starting a ministry to reach out to people with needs. My friend with CFS is starting it.

I am sorry to hear of the pain you have due to ms. I hope you find someplace to connect so you don't have to be alone.

Lori

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 6:28 PM

How can you avoid stress when you have MSit? I've learned. I've lost everything to MS and really don't have the energy to fight it anymore. First I had to watch it destroy my wife. While taking care of her I was diagnosed with MS myself. We were raising two kids during that time so the stress was incredible. I was able to get the kids off to a good start in life but my wife had to go into a nursing home while I waas doing that. Now the kids are grown and gone, my wife has been in a nursing home for 7 years, and I live alone while the disease cripples me. I don't think stress bothers me anymore because I really don't give a damn about what happens. Death is the worst that could happen but I'm not so sure that would be such a bad thing. I struggle through every day hoping it will be my last. People say to live life one day at a time and I do that as well as anyone. I really don't think about anything beyond tomorrow. MS has taken everything from me but I'm trying not to give up. I just wish that I was able to take care of myself better than I do. I wouldn't eat anything that I cook so I either go out to eat alone or go to a drive-thru. I'm really disappointed the way family and friends have reacted to my disability because I don't hear much from them. A lunch date or an invitation to dinner would mean the world to me. I don't what is worse, the MS or the loneliness that it can bring. Well I've rambled on enough so I'll stop. We all are really only dust in the wind so don't get stressed out about anything. Peace,

Regards,

Thanks Tom -

Thanks again

Arlene

Guest guest

Perhaps I should use one in my office at work since that's where I spend the majority of the daylight hours...

Thanks for the tip.

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 5:02 PM

,I bought one of those lamps that gives you so much light it is like sunlight. I use it a lot on dreary days because I get depressed so much. It really seems to work. I think it cost me $99.00, but it was worth it. I found it on the internet and ordered it from the internet. I think the company was www.nextten.com.Peace!VCL

Guest guest

My daughter-in-law said she found some of the same type even at a Walmart.(fairly cheaply)..It has a timer to start mimicking the rising sun....She uses it for winter depression and has read studies that it also helps schoolkids with attention and other problems..She is getting one for all the bedrooms and the kitchen. Makes me want to check it out for our bedroom too!

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 7:16 PM

Perhaps I should use one in my office at work since that's where I spend the majority of the daylight hours...

Thanks for the tip.

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 5:02 PM

,I bought one of those lamps that gives you so much light it is like sunlight. I use it a lot on dreary days because I get depressed so much. It really seems to work. I think it cost me $99.00, but it was worth it. I found it on the internet and ordered it from the internet. I think the company was www.nextten.com.Peace!VCL

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/13/2004 10:12:34 AM Eastern Standard Time, painter907@... writes:

I am praying that you get a great deal of help from LDN with decreased stress. Good luck to all JL

JL

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Arlene

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/13/2004 12:27:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, sheilat252002@... writes:

I did take a 10 day vacation, so I blame some of it on that stress, but your problems make me wonder if there is more to it. I also stopped taking copaxone about 2 months ago and noticed an immediate improvement, but wonder if the long run change is going to be for the worse. I'm prepared to go back on it if I have to, I consider this a 3 month vacation from it.

Another thought is that there is less sun here (Germany, so almost none) and maybe the change in vitamin D is effecting this negative change.

Anyway, I'm interested in your thoughts on this and what further changes/improvements you may notice. Keep me/us posted.

Best, Sheila (SPMS)

Sheila

Just my thoughts on this but I tthink a combination of the stress (good or bad) and the sunlight have a lot to do with this. Yesterday although it's very cold here in Michigan was a beautiful, sunny day.

I sat in a chair in front of the doorwall and just soaked up sunlight for about 10 minutes. I don't know what it did for me as far as getting any vitamin D, but the bright sunshine helped my mood. I seriously thinking about getting one of those sun lamps recently discussed on this board.

I started the ldn April 11 and quit Copaxone at the end of April. Although I don't believe it did anything, I wish I had never taken it.

I'm just going to keep taking the ldn and try to reduce the stress even more. I do feel a little less fatigued.

Arlene

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/13/2004 12:58:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, jatrac1@... writes:

I wonder most about the vitamin D connection. As the days have become shorter I've had a continuing increase in symptoms and discomfort despite taking supplemental vitamin D. And I find myself craving sunshine...

JT

Like I posted to Sheila, I think the lack of sunshgine/Vit D has a lot to do with mood, which in turn causes stress, which in turn causes an increase in symptoms.

I guess Ashton Embry's theories on vit D are valid (he's the originator of the BBD).

Arlene

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/13/2004 1:54:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, lorigrady214@... writes:

I found a tablet called the chill pill. I am hoping it helps me to feel calmer and then helps me to feel an overall wellness. I will post about it.

Lori

I hope the chill pill does something for you.

Arlene

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/13/2004 6:31:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, jo.comissiong@... writes:

Arlene have a great trip to Florida and a fun time.Kind regardsJoanne

Thanks Joanne. It should be a great time watching my daughter get married on the beach!

Arlene

Guest guest

Chris

I am so sorry that things are so bad for you. Remember though that the people on this board care about you, and regardless of how bad or good we may be, do understand your suffering more than people w/o MS.

I keep everyone on this board and in fact all MS'ers and others who have debilitatiung illnesses in my nightly prayers.

One of the things I try to remember is that there are others who are worse off than I am, but being human and selfish (part of human nature I think) I sometimes forget. Please forgive that.

Again, I am so sorry, and wish I could just give you a big hug and tell you that I understand, as much as I possibly can.

Arlene

Guest guest

Sheila,

I, too, need the sun in the winter but mainly for my depression. I lived in

West Germany in the 1970-80's and I know what you mean. It was very dreary in

the winter. I live in Kentucky now and during the winter, it reminds me of

Germany. I bought one of those sun lamps and when I turn it on, it does make

my living room look like it is sunny. Even my neighbors have commented on

that. I think the website is www.nextten.com and I think the price was

$99.00. I hope this helps.

Peace!

VCL

In a message dated 11/13/2004 12:27:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, sheilat252002@... writes:

I did take a 10 day vacation, so I blame some of it on that stress, but your problems make me wonder if there is more to it. I also stopped taking copaxone about 2 months ago and noticed an immediate improvement, but wonder if the long run change is going to be for the worse. I'm prepared to go back on it if I have to, I consider this a 3 month vacation from it.

Another thought is that there is less sun here (Germany, so almost none) and maybe the change in vitamin D is effecting this negative change.

Anyway, I'm interested in your thoughts on this and what further changes/improvements you may notice. Keep me/us posted.

Best, Sheila (SPMS)

Sheila

Just my thoughts on this but I tthink a combination of the stress (good or bad) and the sunlight have a lot to do with this. Yesterday although it's very cold here in Michigan was a beautiful, sunny day.

I sat in a chair in front of the doorwall and just soaked up sunlight for about 10 minutes. I don't know what it did for me as far as getting any vitamin D, but the bright sunshine helped my mood. I seriously thinking about getting one of those sun lamps recently discussed on this board.

I started the ldn April 11 and quit Copaxone at the end of April. Although I don't believe it did anything, I wish I had never taken it.

I'm just going to keep taking the ldn and try to reduce the stress even more. I do feel a little less fatigued.

Arlene

Guest guest

We may not be able to avoid stress but we can learn to manage it.

When faced with any sort of problem if we do the best that we can regarding that problem, the simple fact of the matter is that we cannot do more than the best that we can. The problem may not be solved but we have done the best that we can. Now it is time to ...let go. We may not be able to do more...frustrating as that is....there may be no other choice. If that is the case there is nothing else to do. I know that this sounds simple and I also know that it is not simple but at times that is just the way that it is. I also know that at times the problem still must be solved. But if we have done our best and still cannot solve it, we must let go.

When we do, we will at least have some peace of knowing that we have done our best and cannot do more.

It is hard enough to come to grips with that. We cannot be responsible for what others do or do not do. For what they understand or do not understand.

I personally stopped explaining my actions and or inactions years ago. This alone has relieved what had been at times an enormous amount of stress. Fortunately, I have a strong Faith that helps me get through my most difficult times. I believe that there is a reason for everything. Most times the reason in difficult times is a mystery. I accept that and do my best to move on. Not always successful but at least I know that I cannot do more than doing the best that I can. I thank God for my Faith and know that He is always with me. Now I have peace.

Regards,

Tom

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 7:28 PM

Regards,

Thanks Tom -

Thanks again

Arlene

Guest guest

OK, I'm not trying to freak anybody out! I was raised Christian and believe I am. It's just not enough at times. If that's weak/no faith, so be it! I'm not asking for miracles anymore, just a little relief! A miracle would be nice, and I haven't given up hope. I believe that is all I've got. And God knows that sometimes I don't feel like I've got much! I don't beat myself up over it anymore. Sometimes I rage at God and shake my fist at Him and say, "If that's the best you can do, then stay the heck away from me!" If I am going to pay for owning my own feelings then oh well! I was made to feel ashamed and guilty most of my life! No more!

To quote a line from the classic "To Kill a Mockingbird", some men are so worried about the next life, and they don't even know how to live in this one. Everyone knows there is no sickness or disease in heaven. I'm trying to get through this life, and it ain't easy when you're an 8 on the disability scale! I think I'm doing pretty good considering a 10 is death! I just don't feel like God is with me helping through difficult times! I'm hard-headed, and I won't give up until I absolutely can't figure out a way to scratch and claw and fight my way out of bed! At that point, eventually I'll wither away because I refuse to have someone feed me and wipe my rear end! That's just me and God knows that!

LDN is the ONLY thing that has helped even a little bit. No doctors, diets, or prayer has helped in a tangible sort of way. I don't think that they hurt, except for the CRABs.

Marcie

In a message dated 11/14/2004 3:27:53 PM Central Standard Time, larrygc@... writes:

I'm glad it works for you. But I think LDN can work for people who have other beliefs, or no beliefs. So your advice for someone who doesn't share your beliefs is to develop your beliefs?

I'll offer something for someone with any belief, or none. Check out Dr. Wayne Dyer's books and audio tapes. Spend some time with Yourself and his works. You may find God, you have already found God, but what he offers is either Sans or With, it's not a factor.

Other than my chiropractors and LDN, I think it's what I've learned on my own, with the help of Wayne's wisdom has helped me daily, 11 years now. What's really strange is that I found Wayne Dyer in 1993 and when I was DX with MS in 2002 I immediately realized I was having annual MS exacerbations for 10 years by then! He was helping me cope for 9 years before I even knew I was Coping with something!

I don't know how I'd be if not for my transformation 11 years ago. His first 4 books helped me, they're just simple down to earth, day to day, living books. His later books are more spiritual, one full half of one book is dedicated to St. Francis's Prayer, a chapter for each verse. His latest book is really catching on.

So if you're depressed and always anxious, whether you're not religious, or very religious (but STILL depressed?!), I highly recommend spending some time with Wayne's offerings to the universe.

I created my own dedication page to his books back in 1995 when all I had was a text file listing his books so I could tell people their names when they asked. It's changed a bit since then. http://www.larrygc.com/dyer.html

I'm not selling anything.. just offering what I consider golden advice for those who may appreciate it. His books are available at Walden, Amazon or BDalton.

----- Original Message ----- From: Kathy Huget low dose naltrexone Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:52

Try to develop it? There are times when I'm alone and hurting badly and I talk to God like my best friend in the world. He never judges, doesn't give me bad advice lets me talk or cry for as long as I want to. He is our creator, He didn't cause this illness but something in this world did and chances are man is to blame...not God. The Bible promises a new body when we get to heaven where there is no pain, no sickness, no sorrow. He hurts when we hurt and he wants to hear from us. I know this sounds goofie to some but at times I feel His presence and a great peace comes over me. All I can say is that having a personal relationship with Him is what all of us should strive for. Mine has only been strengthen through this illness and I trust Him.

Hope this doesnt offend anyone but this is my prayer for all of you.

Kathy H

On 14-Nov-04, at 2:10 PM, LarryGC wrote:

What advice do we give people who may not have that faith? ----- Original Message -----

From: Kathy Huget low dose naltrexone Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 15:30

My heart goes out to both and Marcie. I've been on a decline (SPMS) for the past four months but still nothing compared to what you both are dealing with. I am close to a constant wheelchair. My mother-in-law today suggested some thing that worked for her "restless legs". People dont understand that this weird pain and nerve sensation throughout my whole body that keeps me awake all night, will not go away with advil. She is healthy and 73 and keeps trying to compare some pain she's having to what I deal with. Drives me crazy! Grrrr! But I have a husband who helps lots and 3 wonderful teenagers who are quite compassionate with what I deal with. I feel very very blessed. My faith in God is what keeps me going.

Guest guest

your story touches me very much and I'm sorry you have to go

through this. I'm curious to know if you're taking LDN and if it's

helped at all...

Juno Platinum $9.95. Juno SpeedBand $14.95.

Look for special offers at Best Buy stores.

Guest guest

Thank you for sharing that. It is very helpful to me!!!

Be Well and God Bless You,Lori

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 10:41 AM

When faced with any sort of problem if we do the best that we can regarding that problem, the simple fact of the matter is that we cannot do more than the best that we can. The problem may not be solved but we have done the best that we can. Now it is time to ...let go. We may not be able to do more...frustrating as that is....there may be no other choice. If that is the case there is nothing else to do. I know that this sounds simple and I also know that it is not simple but at times that is just the way that it is. I also know that at times the problem still must be solved. But if we have done our best and still cannot solve it, we must let go.

When we do, we will at least have some peace of knowing that we have done our best and cannot do more.

It is hard enough to come to grips with that. We cannot be responsible for what others do or do not do. For what they understand or do not understand.

I personally stopped explaining my actions and or inactions years ago. This alone has relieved what had been at times an enormous amount of stress. Fortunately, I have a strong Faith that helps me get through my most difficult times. I believe that there is a reason for everything. Most times the reason in difficult times is a mystery. I accept that and do my best to move on. Not always successful but at least I know that I cannot do more than doing the best that I can. I thank God for my Faith and know that He is always with me. Now I have peace.

Regards,

Tom

low dose naltrexone

Regards,

Thanks Tom -

Thanks again

Arlene

Guest guest

Hi Lori,

Thank you and God Bless you as well.

Regards,

Tom

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 1:02 PM

Thank you for sharing that. It is very helpful to me!!!

Be Well and God Bless You,Lori

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 10:41 AM

Regards,

Tom

low dose naltrexone

Regards,

Thanks Tom -

Thanks again

Arlene

Guest guest

I do feel what you are going through and many of us find ourselves

in that situation where we just would like to give up the fight.

But there are those that have this great religious faith which I

have still to acquire and which I do admire because that does help

you over the difficult patches. I have also fought with those dark

notions of calling it quits, sinking into a long restful sleep has

often been a recurring thought but then I look at my daughter and

she gives me the force to pull myself together and get through the

day. It has now become exactly that, get through the day, try to

find the force to try and do your daily bodywork even though

yesterday is never the same as today. Each day one has to re-learn

a new way of getting off one bed's, getting up from a chair without

your legs giving away and getting to the bathroom in time and

manoeuvring onto it without loosing one's balance. Before I was

able to get up on my own when I fell. I had discovered a way to do

it. Now with the progression that has changed and if I'm down, I

can wriggle into whatever position but the little force I had is no

longer there and if I'm alone, I'd be forced to stay there until

someone came along. The only thing that works without any problem

are my tear ducts; my daughter keeps telling me that " Crying does not

help " but it does release the frustration. Now I'm rambling on.

What I wanted to say is that I understand what you are going through

just like all the members in this group. My thoughts are with you

and I'm sending you a virtual hug across the miles.

Kind regards,

Joanne

, chrdana7@c... wrote:

> How can you avoid stress when you have MSit? I've learned. I've

lost everything to MS and really don't have the energy to fight it

anymore. >

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I have no religious faith at all. I found Dr. Wayne Dyer's books back in 1993 and he caught my attention big time. I don't know how I'd be doing with MS without my transformation. 11 years now, relatively depression/anxiety-free. If it's just an illusion, great illusion.

http://www.larrygc.com/dyer.html is my dedication page to him, it lists all his books.

Can't hurt, can help.

low dose naltrexone

Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 13:37

Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Re: ldn, exacerbations, feeling less improvement

I do feel what you are going through and many of us find ourselves in that situation where we just would like to give up the fight. But there are those that have this great religious faith which I have still to acquire and which I do admire because that does help

Guest guest

My heart goes out to both and Marcie. I've been on a decline

(SPMS) for the past four months but still nothing compared to what you

both are dealing with. I am close to a constant wheelchair. My

mother-in-law today suggested some thing that worked for her " restless

legs " . People dont understand that this weird pain and nerve sensation

throughout my whole body that keeps me awake all night, will not go

away with advil. She is healthy and 73 and keeps trying to compare

some pain she's having to what I deal with. Drives me crazy! Grrrr!

But I have a husband who helps lots and 3 wonderful teenagers who are

quite compassionate with what I deal with. I feel very very blessed.

My faith in God is what keeps me going. He didn't make this happen to

me and any given day I have hundreds of people praying for me (prayer

chains). My hope is beyond this life and can only pray for a cure.

My prayers are with you,

Kathy

On 13-Nov-04, at 7:35 PM, marciemjm@... wrote:

>

>

> You've just said what so many of us think.  You have to be careful

> where you express true feelings as so many interpret it as a 'bad

> attitude'.  I understand you completely.  No, I don't see death as

> being a bad thing, although I don't particularly enjoy the thought of

> dying.  What I live with on a daily basis can't be worse than death!

>  My goal each day is to get through and not make everyone around me as

> miserable as I am.  No one can tell that I am physically hurting 24/7.

>  I read about people who think they are bad off, and they are only a

> 2.5 - 3 on the disability scale!  Just wait until the 8 rolls around.

>  It leaves very little pleasure in anything!  If I had known about LDN

> as soon as I had my first symptom who knows what may have been?

>  That's why I think it is criminal for docs to not put people on it at

> the first sign of MS.  A progressive form of MS is a very slow and

> painful death.  No comparison in RRM

>

> Anyway, go ahead and vent here since there are some who can truly

> relate.  I feel your pain.  People will say to me, " I'm going to come

> see you sometime. "  Or, " We need to go do something sometime. "  But

> they never do, and that really doesn't bother me because I get tired

> of having to keep up the act.  I've found kids and dogs to be about

> the best company!  They can see past the disability.  Most able-bodied

> adults can't.  Only when it happens to them will they truly

> understand.

>

> Live life one day at a time?  What else is there?  That's all anybody

> can do.  It's just that my days involve having to figure out how I'm

> going to get off of the toilet this time because what I did 1 - 2

> hours ago isn't working.  Or I go into a public restroom and the stall

> isn't big enough to close the door, so I have to try to act like

> exposing myself to everyone who walks in really isn't as humiliating

> as it feels.  I could go on and on about how hard day to day life is,

> but I'm sure you get the picture!  

>

> The depression is inevitable.  How does one cope?  I don't know.  I

> think not knowing the cause and no real good symptomatic treatment,

> much less a cure, makes it real tough.  I constantly battle demons

> from my past and wonder if I hadn't done this or that...it nearly

> drives me crazy!  I want someone or something to blame, but it

> wouldn't change anything.

>

> We are easy prey for every gimmick and supplement to hit the market!

>  A 'friend' called me today and wanted to bring me a book about a

> product called PSP.  I told her I wasn't interested.  I checked it out

> 1 1/2 years ago.  Almost identical to the Ambrotose someone talked me

> into a couple of years ago.  You know...it will cure everything and

> make you rich in the process!  I wonder...does this wheelchair look

> like a money tree?  Besides, I can't get my hopes up again to be let

> down.  Oh, it's supposed to work in 4 - 6 weeks!!  Ya right!

>

> Then there are the able-bodied religious people who make us believe

> that we're just not being faithful enough!  Well, at this point, faith

> is about all I've got.  Nothing else has worked!  It can't hurt, but

> will it help?  It hasn't taken away the pain or gotten me off of the

> toilet yet!  I'm still hoping!

>

> I have no words of wisdom.  Just hang in there and know that you're

> not alone!

>

> Marcie

>