RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: Can you please help me, cause I really need help?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yep. Jenn, my mother used to have horrible migraines.. An old professor told her to start taking garlic and parsley pills (this was 40 years ago).. Mom would take I believe, 12 a day, after a month or so we all realized mom hadn't had a migraine, wasn't down in bed with the lites off, us being quiet as mice, etc.. She still takes garlic to this day, but not as many (maybe 3 a day) and cooks with garlic (I'm getting her to add raw garlic as a last item before serving her meals though). Suzi Landes <L@...> wrote: Amitriptyline (aka Elavil) works in the same way SSRI's (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors, Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac, etc.) do. They are antidepressant drugs known for blocking the receptors in the brain that receive the pain messages from the

nerves.Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant, or TCA. Antidepressants work by raising the level of endorphins in the body; endorphins being what the body produces naturally to stop pain. TCA's have been around since the Fifties, whereas SSRI's have not. The majority of research done on TCA's claim no lasting side effects or problems, however SSRI's cannot make the same claim.Don't get me started on SSRI's, LOL. Poison, pure and simple.

What are the most popular cars? Find out at Autos

Guest guest

I eat a ton of garlic. I put it in almost everything I cook, though I do tend to use more of the dried powder than fresh stuff. I eat parsley in the summer, when I can buy it fresh... the dried stuff doesn't have much flavor, IMO.

Jennhttp://ucat.us

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.14.23/243 - Release Date: 1/27/2006

Guest guest

Raw garlic or cooked? Cooked does nothing for you medicinally. Raw, once cut, looses it's potency within a 1/2 hour or less. Powdered, depending on the process will do some good... Garlic oil is good.Jenn <seething@...> wrote: I eat a ton of garlic. I put it in almost everything I cook, though I do tend to use more of the dried powder than fresh stuff. I eat parsley in the summer, when I can buy it fresh... the dried stuff doesn't have much flavor, IMO.

Bring words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Guest guest

Yes, BUT... the dosage of Amitriptyline used for the purpose of antidepressant

is

from 75MG to 300MG a day. I only take 25MG at night, right before bed. So the

dosage

I take is not enough to have any antidepressant effects (or that is what I was

told

by my doctor anyways).

I used to have depression a few years ago, and WAS on Prozac for a while. It

made me

NUMB. I mean, like no feelings at all, no depression, no joy, no sadness, no

excitement, no ANYTHING. Which was good, at the time, cause I was suicidal, so

that

was a good thing, to be numb at that time in my life. However, once I began to

see my

life differently through therapy, I took myself off the Prozac, as I could tell

I was

numb, and I wanted to be me. I have long periods of my life that I don't recall

much

of the details of... the Prozac made me so numb, I don't even remember most of

what I

did while I was on it. So, yes, it is a VERY strong drug, and it's got some bad

side

effects, but given the choice (and looking back), I am glad I was on it, because

I am

ALIVE today because of it. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

-----

--------------------------------------------

Amitriptyline (aka Elavil) works in the same way SSRI's (Selective

Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors, Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac, etc.)

do. They are antidepressant drugs known for blocking the receptors

in the brain that receive the pain messages from the nerves.

Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant, or TCA. Antidepressants

work by raising the level of endorphins in the body; endorphins being

what the body produces naturally to stop pain. TCA's have been

around since the Fifties, whereas SSRI's have not. The majority of

research done on TCA's claim no lasting side effects or problems,

however SSRI's cannot make the same claim.

Don't get me started on SSRI's, LOL. Poison, pure and simple.

HTH -

L.

--

Guest guest

wow, just surfing through the files. Lots of info in there, I could be WEEKS reading it all! Took a quick peek in the recipes section too. I saw there was a ranch dressing recipe. I might try that one, I love ranch dressing/dip, but am trying to get away from the sour cream/buttermilk.

How does one add a recipe to that list? Should I find something in my experiments that works out well, I might want to share it. I did make some awesome organic fudge for a solstice party I went to back in December. But then, it's so easy, who needs a recipe for fudge, right?

I've on and off tried to successfully make a organic/VEGAN version of banana nut bread, but I CANNOT get the stuff to RISE without any eggs. I tried adding extra baking soda, but it didn't help. Anyone got the secret to making vegan fruit breads RISE? My version tastes GREAT, but looks somewhat less than spectacular.

Jennhttp://ucat.us http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html Adopt a cat from UCAT rescue:http://ucat.us/adopt.html Adopt a FIV+ cat: http://ucat.us/AWrescue/FIV/ http://ucat.us/FIVadopt.html Adopt a FELV+ cat:http://ucat.us/FELVadopt.html ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The VT legislature is considering creating a bill that bans ear cropping on dogs in our state. They are also considering a bill that will require a license for anyone selling animals in our state. License fees would cover a staff to do inspections for humane welfare of the animals being sold. Please support these proposed bills by emailing Judiciary Committee Chairman Sears at rsears@... and the sponsor of this proposal, Senator Ann Cummings, at acummings@... and telling them you SUPPORT these proposed bills!

Guest guest

And don't add any salt to the ingredients before the lentils are cooked. I'm assuming since they are a legume they won't soften if salted before cooking.

Sharyn

soak the lentils overnite before adding Gloria.

MorningGlory113@... wrote:

However, they had a lentil soup recipe which I tried and after being in the crock pot for 10 hours, the lentils were still fairly hard.

--

Guest guest

And don't add any salt to the ingredients before the lentils are cooked

Nope...I never add salt when cooking beans of any kind. I just add a little piece of kombu in with them.

Gloria