RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: Back fusion before TKR

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I did a little research & couldn't find actual vertebrae.

Ann

Re: Re: Back > fusion before TKR> > > > > > > > In a message dated 8/25/2006 4:07:41 P.M. Central > Standard Time, ruby2zdy@ writes:> > They can add height? Where? At the knees? I > have slight scoliosis that has made me 1-2" shorter than I should > be, and now my spine is getting shorter because I'm "elderly". I've > always felt cheated about my height & wished I could get all my > discs replaced with thicker ones & get my scoliosis straightened > out. One can dream.> > > > Ann> > I really don't know if they can add height at the > knees. I did gain a bit with my back fusion. I'm only 5 ft. > > >>

Guest guest

My doctor has me take antibiotics before I go to the dentist for three

years..

On Aug 26, 2006, at 5:56 PM, Ann wrote:

> I already do that because I have a floppy mitral valve.  And I

> remember reading about having to take antibiotics before dental work

> once you get a new knee, too.  Didn't know about after, though. 

> Thanks for reminding me.

>  

> Ann

>  

>  

>> Re: Re: Back

>>> fusion before TKR

>>> >

>>> >

>>> >

>>> > In a message dated 8/25/2006 4:07:41 P.M. Central

>>> Standard Time, ruby2zdy@... writes:

>>> > They can add height? Where? At the knees? I

>>> have slight scoliosis that has made me 1-2 " shorter than I should

>>> be, and now my spine is getting shorter because I'm " elderly " . I've

>>> always felt cheated about my height & wished I could get all my

>>> discs replaced with thicker ones & get my scoliosis straightened

>>> out. One can dream.

>>> >

>>> > Ann

>>> > I really don't know if they can add height at

>>> the knees. I did gain a bit with my back fusion. I'm only 5 ft.

>>>

>>> >

>>>

>

" If you are all wrapped up in yourself, you are overdressed. "

Guest guest

Drain. You'll have em in your knee too.

Sherry

In a message dated 8/26/2006 12:36:12 P.M. Central Standard Time, blueopalhutchtel (DOT) net writes:

Many years ago I witnessed a spinal fusion. This was

in the early 60's. There were tubes running out of the

l patients back all full of blood.

Sherry

I'm very glad that I didn't have to witness it. I had a tube running out of my back that felt like a garden hose when they pulled it out.

Guest guest

They had problems with one of mine and had to

mess around with it a lot. I was out of it and can't

remember which one it was now. I don't think it would drain.

Sherry

In a message dated 8/26/2006 9:48:39 P.M. Central Standard Time, blueopalhutchtel (DOT) net writes:

Sherry

Yeah, they don't hurt hardly at all coming out of your knee.

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/26/2006 10:15:40 P.M. Central Standard Time, blueopal@... writes:

They had problems with one of mine and had to

mess around with it a lot. I was out of it and can't

remember which one it was now. I don't think it would drain.

Sherry

I don't think I would like that. I didn't even know that I had one until they took it out, then on the next knee I was a lot more aware of what was going on.

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/27/2006 1:36:21 A.M. Central Standard Time, mdavison@... writes:

I don't know about coming out of the knee, but when they took the drainage tubre out after my first hip surgery, it felt like they were pulling everything else out, too (blood, guts, and all)... but this was the same nurse who gave me my clexane (anticoagulant) shots as if she was taking bayonet practice...

Yep, it definitely matters which nurse you get. Mine on that shift was not even going to wait until I braced myself. That was probably good. But to me those shots stung and not just for a second.

Guest guest

Hi Ann, I have Arthritis in both knees and both hips and both feet and then I found out I have Arthritis in my Spine I'm 63 now I already had a right Hip and Knee replacement done I used to be 5' 6" now I'm 5' 4" well all the dr tells me is to walk as much as I can and thats hard to do .Well you have a nice day. SusieCritrkrazy@... wrote: In a message dated 8/25/2006 4:07:41 P.M. Central Standard Time, ruby2zdyearthlink (DOT) net writes: They can add height? Where? At the knees? I have slight scoliosis that has made me 1-2" shorter than I should be, and now my spine is getting shorter because I'm "elderly". I've always felt cheated about my height & wished I could get all my discs replaced with thicker ones & get my scoliosis straightened out. One can dream. Ann I really don't know if they can add height at the knees. I did gain a bit with my back fusion. I'm only 5 ft.

Guest guest

I don't know about coming out of the knee, but when they took the drainage tubre out after my first hip surgery, it felt like they were pulling everything else out, too (blood, guts, and all)... but this was the same nurse who gave me my clexane (anticoagulant) shots as if she was taking bayonet practice...

Greywolf - RTHR-2003; LTHR-2004

mdavison@...

From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ] On Behalf Of Critrkrazy@...Sent: 27 August, 2006 4:51 AMJoint Replacement Subject: Re: Re: Back fusion before TKR

In a message dated 8/26/2006 9:48:39 P.M. Central Standard Time, blueopal@... writes:

Sherry

My mailbox is spam-free with ChoiceMail, the leader in personal and corporate anti-spam solutions. Download your free copy of ChoiceMail from www.digiportal.com.

Guest guest

When my drain tubes came out of my knee I hardly felt it.

On Aug 27, 2006, at 12:36 AM, on wrote:

> I don't know about coming out of the knee, but when they took the

> drainage tubre out after my first hip surgery, it felt like they were

> pulling everything else out, too (blood, guts, and all)... but this

> was the same nurse who gave me my clexane (anticoagulant) shots as if

> she was taking bayonet practice...

>  

> Greywolf - RTHR-2003; LTHR-2004

> mdavison@...

>  

>

> From: Joint Replacement

> [mailto:Joint Replacement ] On Behalf Of

> Critrkrazy@...

> Sent: 27 August, 2006 4:51 AM

> Joint Replacement

> Subject: Re: Re: Back fusion before TKR

>

>

> In a message dated 8/26/2006 9:48:39 P.M. Central Standard Time,

> blueopal@... writes:

>>

>> Drain.  You'll have em in your knee too. 

>>  

>> Sherry  Yeah, they don't hurt hardly at all coming out of your knee. 

>>

>

> My mailbox is spam-free with ChoiceMail, the leader in personal and

> corporate anti-spam solutions. Download your free copy of ChoiceMail

> from www.digiportal.com.

>

>

The Bible is the only book in which the Author is always present.

Guest guest

It would be easier and less rigamorow to just get

shoes that add height.

Sherry

Hi Ann,

I have Arthritis in both knees and both hips and both feet and then I found out I have Arthritis in my Spine I'm 63 now I already had a right Hip and Knee replacement done I used to be 5' 6" now I'm 5' 4" well all the dr tells me is to walk as much as I can and thats hard to do .Well you have a nice day.

SusieCritrkrazyaol wrote:

In a message dated 8/25/2006 4:07:41 P.M. Central Standard Time, ruby2zdyearthlink (DOT) net writes:

They can add height? Where? At the knees? I have slight scoliosis that has made me 1-2" shorter than I should be, and now my spine is getting shorter because I'm "elderly". I've always felt cheated about my height & wished I could get all my discs replaced with thicker ones & get my scoliosis straightened out. One can dream.

Ann

I really don't know if they can add height at the knees. I did gain a bit with my back fusion. I'm only 5 ft.

Guest guest

There are some old nurses who I swear were sgt's

in the army and sadists. I had one when I was in the

hospital with my 2nd baby. She darn near killed

me checking for dialiation. She didn't do it a 2nd

time! The next time I told her to get the hell away

from me and I wanted anothe nurse. When I went

in for the 3rd kid she was still there and I made it

clear I did not want her to check me under any

circumstances. One of the RN's said they had a lot

of women say the same thing. Why was she there

then?

Sherry

RE: Re: Back fusion before TKR

mdavisonnetvision (DOT) net.il

From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ] On Behalf Of CritrkrazyaolSent: 27 August, 2006 4:51 AMJoint Replacement Subject: Re: Re: Back fusion before TKR

In a message dated 8/26/2006 9:48:39 P.M. Central Standard Time, blueopalhutchtel (DOT) net writes:

Sherry

My mailbox is spam-free with ChoiceMail, the leader in personal and corporate anti-spam solutions. Download your free copy of ChoiceMail from www.digiportal.com.

Guest guest

Wow! I'm sorry about all your arthritis problems. I never expected to have arthritis because as far as I know, it doesn't run in my family, but mine started with Heberden's nodes in my fingers, and I have it in my spine. Do you take hormone replacement?

Ann

Hi Ann,

I have Arthritis in both knees and both hips and both feet and then I found out I have Arthritis in my Spine I'm 63 now I already had a right Hip and Knee replacement done I used to be 5' 6" now I'm 5' 4" well all the dr tells me is to walk as much as I can and thats hard to do .Well you have a nice day.

In a message dated 8/25/2006 4:07:41 P.M. Central Standard Time, ruby2zdyearthlink (DOT) net writes:

They can add height? Where? At the knees? I have slight scoliosis that has made me 1-2" shorter than I should be, and now my spine is getting shorter because I'm "elderly". I've always felt cheated about my height & wished I could get all my discs replaced with thicker ones & get my scoliosis straightened out. One can dream.

Ann

I really don't know if they can add height at the knees. I did gain a bit with my back fusion. I'm only 5 ft.

Guest guest

Good for you getting rid of that nurse. The only way mean or thoughtless people are going to learn is for us to tell them. Some people are unaware of rude they come across. My instant reaction is to want to punch them in the face, and diplomacy is not my natural state, but my daughter-in-law told me this story: She worked as a barista in a popular coffee shop (we're near Seattle, so you guys probably have heard what "coffee shop" means here -- outstanding coffee made by cultists who worship The Bean). There was an older woman who would come in regularly and order the baristas around, not smile, just generally unpleasant, and made the baristas feel bad. One of them was going to tell her what-for, when my D-I-L intervened. She said to the woman "I know you must be unaware of the effect your manner has on us, but some of the things you say and how you say them hurt our feelings". The woman burst into tears and said she had no idea, was very sorry, and changed her behavior. I'm not saying this works with everyone, but I was very surprised it worked at all.

Ann

From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ] On Behalf Of CritrkrazyaolSent: 27 August, 2006 4:51 AMJoint Replacement Subject: Re: Re: Back fusion before TKR

Sherry

Guest guest

The gal who I shared the labor room said and I agreed

was that the & %##+! was a lesbian sadist. She looked

to be retirement age. She said she could have sworn

the old bag had a smirk on her face while she had

her hand up there. My replacement nurse was wonderful and very gentle.

Then my OB/GYN came in because I was ready to

go into the delivery room. I had another contraction

that was a killer and I screamed. He told me to shut

up that it couldn't be that bad....grrrrrr. I said in a

very angry voice. "OK damnit then you get down here

and have this kid. Try pushing a watermelon through

a garden hose. He was silent. Ah the good ol days.

Sherry

Sherry

Guest guest

well ann, we have something in common. i used to work in a bodyshop and all of the chemical exposure gave me asthma. it got to the point where i was quite sick at times. it seemed like i had an upper respiratory infection that never went away. one of the main drugs they used to help my breathing was prednisone. it's a very simple drug than can do wonders when needed but i think it is WAY overused. the results are just starting to show with more and more of us young patients who's joint problems can't be tracked back to a "single" incident. the word prednisone keeps popping up on more of these sites

Guest guest

Hi Sherry, I like to know what ia rigamorow ? Why would I want to wear shoes to add height they would make me off balance at my age . I wore high heels all my life from the time I was 18 until I was 45 then my legs hurt and I couldn't wear them anymore I just feel bad for all these young girls that wear high heels and hope they don't end up liked I did. Well you take care . Susie"S.A.M." <blueopal@...> wrote: It would be easier and less rigamorow to just get shoes that add height. Sherry Re: Re: Back fusion before TKR Hi Ann, I have Arthritis in both knees and both hips and both feet and then I found out I have Arthritis in my Spine I'm 63 now I already had a right Hip and Knee replacement done I used to be 5' 6" now I'm 5' 4" well all the dr tells me is to walk as much as I can and thats hard to do .Well you have a nice day. SusieCritrkrazyaol wrote: In a message dated 8/25/2006 4:07:41 P.M. Central Standard Time, ruby2zdyearthlink (DOT) net writes: They can add height? Where? At the knees? I have slight scoliosis that has made me 1-2" shorter than I should be, and now my spine is

getting shorter because I'm "elderly". I've always felt cheated about my height & wished I could get all my discs replaced with thicker ones & get my scoliosis straightened out. One can dream. Ann I really don't know if they can add height at the knees. I did gain a bit with my back fusion. I'm only 5 ft.

Guest guest

jennifer,it's too bad your back didn't turn out very well but they warned me before surgery that not all outcomes are good. if you need it again try a different dr

Guest guest

when they did my first hip surgery, to try and save it, i was lucky enough to have two drains. one for my hip and one for where they "borrowed" the bone out of my calf

Guest guest

It's not me that used the term but in short it means

a lot of fuss and feathers or piddily little jobs and

take up a lot of time and tick ya off in general.

Having to go through a lot of work for little results.

Look in your dictionary. My great aunt used the term

a lot and now days ya don't hear it much.

Sherry

Sherry

Hi Ann,

Ann

Guest guest

Yeah. I had taken Prednisone for 10 days 10 years before because I had a systemic reaction to Bactrim, and it was the most wonderful 10 days of my life -- I had energy, my mind was clear, I was way more intelligent (really), I could handle 7 projects at once. If I went into the garage to get a tool, I would automatically think "OK, what other tools am I going to need in the house next?" and get them. I didn't have trouble sleeping because of my sleeping pill. I don't know whether that course of Prednisone did any damage, but the one 3 years ago sure did, without the same increase in energy and intelligence.

Ann

well ann, we have something in common. i used to work in a bodyshop and all of the chemical exposure gave me asthma. it got to the point where i was quite sick at times. it seemed like i had an upper respiratory infection that never went away. one of the main drugs they used to help my breathing was prednisone. it's a very simple drug than can do wonders when needed but i think it is WAY overused. the results are just starting to show with more and more of us young patients who's joint problems can't be tracked back to a "single" incident. the word prednisone keeps popping up on more of these sites

Guest guest

I like athletic shoes because they add a little over an inch to my height. I think she meant rigamarole.

Speaking of shoes, last night I watched a program on Gene . Man, was he good!! Now I have to go buy all his movies. Did you guys know he made a movie where he tap danced in rollerskates? The guy just could not fall down.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Ann