RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Merry Christmas -- Where in the world are you?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have never had holiday wishes from friends in Australia or New Zealand. Just think, if it wasn't for these knee replacements, I never would have. Best wishes and cheer to everyone everywhere. And exactly where is that? 's in Australia, 's in New Zealand (Where by the way, , is where my niece and great nieces are right now with my niece's husband who is a native. They love their visits there. This is the girls' first NZ Christmas and his first Christmas back home in many years.) I'm in the northern part of the state of Virginia, USA, where it is chilly and rainy with no chance of a white Chrismas guaranteed by the

weather people. Where in the world are you? :-) Donna rnett <wjkh@...> wrote: Hear, hear ! What a nice group this is :) Merry Christmas everyone! in New Zealand -----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of ChapmanSent: Friday, 22 December 2006 7:50 a.m.To:

Joint Replacement Subject: Merry Christmas To all you wonderful hip and knee people, heaps of good wishes for Christmas and 2007 from sunny Australia. I have just returned from attending a wedding in Morocco of all places and it has certainly made me appreciate what a great place I live in. I did way too much walking and lay in bed each night in agony. However, the next day there I was back at it again punishing myself anew! For those post surgery, every best wish for a quick recovery and for those awaiting surgery, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a very successful life change. Meanwhile, I wait while my doctor tells me to lose 30kg before he will consider any work. You are all such wonderful people on this list and, apart from the excellent advice and support

which is offered, I also enjoy the different personalities which are represented. We also seem to be becoming more international since I first joined. Anyway, that'ss enough rambling from me... Aussie Give Live Search a try like millions of Australians. live.com.au __________________________________________________

Guest guest

At 08:06 PM 12/21/2006 -0500, you wrote:

I

am in Lewes, Delaware...

TLKR. August 21st,

We're just outside Hannibal, Missouri, USA - boyhood town of Mark Twain,

on the Mississippi River. 100 miles north of St. Louis.

Anni (LTKR 9/27/06) and Larry (RTHR, revised 4/18/06)

Guest guest

I'm , and I live in Bristol, Tennessee, which is in the northeast part of the state. I'm a little over 1 year out and doing great. I have a friend who is seeing the same OS that did mine and should have his RTKR in January sometime if all goes well with his medical checkup. Sandy <sandyo2401@...> wrote: I am Sandy in Plover Wi. Schedule to have TLKR on January 15, 2007God bless you! __________________________________________________

Guest guest

i'm from NW Wisconsin, USA, near Lake Superior. it was sleeting earlier and we're supposed to get some snow, so it will probably be a white one.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

Love and Hugs,Lindy LouRight THR 1/22/2007

I'm in the northern part of the state of Virginia, USA, where it is chilly and rainy with no chance of a white Chrismas guaranteed by the weather people.

Where in the world are you? :-)

Guest guest

I am in burg, Pennsylvania, USA--the lower Susquehanna Valley.

LTHR six weeks ago tomorrow (Friday). --Art (Arthur)

> Hear, hear ! What a nice group this is :) Merry

Christmas everyone!

>

> in New Zealand

>

> Merry Christmas

>

>

> To all you wonderful hip and knee people, heaps of good

wishes for Christmas and 2007 from sunny Australia. I have just

returned from attending a wedding in Morocco of all places and it has

certainly made me appreciate what a great place I live in. I did way

too much walking and lay in bed each night in agony. However, the

next day there I was back at it again punishing myself anew!

> For those post surgery, every best wish for a quick recovery and

for those awaiting surgery, my thoughts and prayers are with you for

a very successful life change. Meanwhile, I wait while my doctor

tells me to lose 30kg before he will consider any work.

> You are all such wonderful people on this list and, apart from

the excellent advice and support which is offered, I also enjoy the

different personalities which are represented. We also seem to be

becoming more international since I first joined.

> Anyway, that'ss enough rambling from me...

> Aussie

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Give Live Search a try like millions of Australians.

live.com.au

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

HI ! I've visited Nashville twice, Memphis once, and met the nicest people ever. The southern hospitality and the southern cooking were beyond compare. Now I want to visit Knoxville. I had my knees replaced in September. My brother, 12 years older (68) and in need of new knees for many years, said I made him -- a deputy sheriff and Harley rider -- look like a wuss. So he is now having his first knee done in January using my surgeon. I've gone from the student to teacher, sharing everything with him that I've learned here. I'm still healing and always do delighted to hear from a veteran who is doing well with joint replacement. Thank you for sharing that. Happy, happy holidays. Donna Bill and Canter <cindyj4652@...> wrote: I'm , and I live in Bristol, Tennessee, which is in the northeast part of the state. I'm a little over 1 year out and doing great. I have a friend who is seeing the same OS that did mine and should have his RTKR in January sometime if all goes well with his medical checkup. Sandy <sandyo2401 > wrote: I am Sandy in Plover Wi. Schedule to have TLKR on January 15, 2007God bless you! __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Art! Though I live in Virginia, I'm a native of Pennsylvania, south of Pittsburgh in the most southwestern corner of Greene County, a few minutes from the Mason-Dixon Line and West Virginia. I noted you were from "Pee-Ay" and always wondered what part. Your postings sound as if you are doing super in your recovery. Yeah! Best wishes this holiday season. DonnaArt s <art_michaels@...> wrote: I am in

burg, Pennsylvania, USA--the lower Susquehanna Valley. LTHR six weeks ago tomorrow (Friday). --Art (Arthur)> Hear, hear ! What a nice group this is :) Merry Christmas everyone!> > in New Zealand> > Merry Christmas> > > To all you wonderful hip and knee people, heaps of good

wishes for Christmas and 2007 from sunny Australia. I have just returned from attending a wedding in Morocco of all places and it has certainly made me appreciate what a great place I live in. I did way too much walking and lay in bed each night in agony. However, the next day there I was back at it again punishing myself anew!> For those post surgery, every best wish for a quick recovery and for those awaiting surgery, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a very successful life change. Meanwhile, I wait while my doctor tells me to lose 30kg before he will consider any work.> You are all such wonderful people on this list and, apart from the excellent advice and support which is offered, I also enjoy the different personalities which are represented. We also seem to be becoming more international since I first joined.> Anyway, that'ss enough rambling from me...> Aussie > >

> > > > > ---------------------------------> Give Live Search a try like millions of Australians. live.com.au > > > > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Sandy and Lindy, You're both from Wisconsin and scheduled for January. You can heal and exercise during the Wisconsin winter and can be out and about during the spring thaw. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Happy holidays. DonnaSandy <sandyo2401@...> wrote: I am Sandy in Plover Wi. Schedule to have TLKR on January 15, 2007 __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Lindy, Lucky for you. It cooled down here today finally. It was a little too warm for Christmas, and here in the Shenandoah Valley, everyone was going through the usual fall and spring allergies. But the forecasters all agree that Northern Virginia, here outside Washington, D.C, will definitely not have a white Christmas. So enjoy! Happy holidays! Donna lindy <everyothername.istaken@...> wrote: i'm from NW Wisconsin, USA, near Lake Superior. it was sleeting earlier and we're supposed to get some snow, so it will probably be a white one. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL! Love and Hugs,Lindy LouRight THR 1/22/2007 I'm in the northern part of the state of Virginia, USA, where it is chilly and rainy with no chance of a white Chrismas guaranteed by the weather people. Where in the world are you? :-) __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Oh, Ann, you are where I would like to be. And hope to retire to someday. Have vacationed at Ocean City, land, and Fenwick, Rehoboth, Lewes and Bethany, Deleware, for many years. I love taking the ferry over to Cape May, New Jersey at Lewes. The last time we came back after a day of bike riding, we had drinks on the deck and watched the dolphins. If I were there, I think I would jump on the ferry regularly just for the ride. Happy holidays! Donna Ann Lauer <aelauer@...> wrote: At 08:06 PM 12/21/2006 -0500, you wrote: I am in Lewes, Delaware... TLKR. August 21st, 2006We're just outside Hannibal, Missouri, USA - boyhood town of Mark Twain, on the Mississippi River. 100 miles north of St. Louis.Anni (LTKR 9/27/06) and Larry (RTHR, revised 4/18/06) __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Anni and Larry, Missouri is one of the states I have never visited, but would love to. And to take a barge ride on the Mississippi. How interesting to live near Hannibal. Is your husband "the Larry" that shared the beautiful photo from a cruise? You two have had a very interesting year it sounds. I didn't realize you both went through joint replacement this year. How wonderful to be able to support each other. Happy holidays! Donna We're just outside Hannibal, Missouri, USA - boyhood town of Mark Twain, on the Mississippi River. 100 miles north of St. Louis.Anni (LTKR 9/27/06) and Larry (RTHR, revised 4/18/06) __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Everyone on the list posters and readers. Have a Merry Christmas and

Full and exhausting (post-op) New Year.

San Fransisco Bay Area

Don

PS Two and half weeks post-op LTKR.

Guest guest

I'm Shirley I live in Delaware,Ohio. I will be 1 yr January 9th on my right knee and July 19th on the left knee. Merry Christmas to allShirley Re: Re: Merry Christmas -- Where in the world are you?

I'm , and I live in Bristol, Tennessee, which is in the northeast part of the state. I'm a little over 1 year out and doing great. I have a friend who is seeing the same OS that did mine and should have his RTKR in January sometime if all goes well with his medical checkup. Sandy <sandyo2401 (DOT) com> wrote: I am Sandy in Plover Wi. Schedule to have TLKR on January 15, 2007God bless you! ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

I guess I am the one 'way out west " I live in the northwest corner of

Washington state on an island and love it. We are close enough to the

mainland and big city to have everything that we need. It is beautiful

here. We just weathered a huge wind storm and were fortunate to be

without power for only three days. I hve had fabulous recover with

both knee surgeries.

On Dec 21, 2006, at 7:10 PM, Donna Hart wrote:

> Hi Art!

>  

> Though  I live in Virginia, I'm a native of Pennsylvania, south of

> Pittsburgh in the most southwestern corner of Greene County, a few

> minutes from the Mason-Dixon Line and West Virginia. I noted you were

> from " Pee-Ay " and always wondered what part. Your postings sound as if

> you are doing super in your recovery. Yeah!

>  

> Best wishes this holiday season.

>  

> Donna

>

> Art s <art_michaels@...> wrote:

>> I am in burg, Pennsylvania, USA--the lower Susquehanna Valley.

>> LTHR six weeks ago tomorrow (Friday). --Art (Arthur)

>>

>>

>> > Hear, hear ! What a nice group this is :) Merry

>> Christmas everyone!

>> >

>> > in New Zealand

>> >

>> > Merry Christmas

>> >

>> >

>> > To all you wonderful hip and knee people, heaps of good

>> wishes for Christmas and 2007 from sunny Australia. I have just

>> returned from attending a wedding in Morocco of all places and it has

>> certainly made me appreciate what a great place I live in. I did way

>> too much walking and lay in bed each night in agony. However, the

>> next day there I was back at it again punishing myself anew!

>> > For those post surgery, every best wish for a quick recovery and

>> for those awaiting surgery, my thoughts and prayers are with you for

>> a very successful life change. Meanwhile, I wait while my doctor

>> tells me to lose 30kg before he will consider any work.

>> > You are all such wonderful people on this list and, apart from

>> the excellent advice and support which is offered, I also enjoy the

>> different personalities which are represented. We also seem to be

>> becoming more international since I first joined.

>> > Anyway, that'ss enough rambling from me...

>> > Aussie

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > ---------------------------------

>> > Give Live Search a try like millions of Australians.

>> live.com.au

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > __________________________________________________

>> >

Guest guest

I lived in Missouri for 1-1/2 years back when my first husband returned from Vietnam. We lived at Fort Leonard Wood (aka Fort Lost in the Woods). Then I lived in Charlotte, North Carolina for 5 years. I was born, raised and lived most of my adult life in Toledo, Ohio.

HO HO HO Happy Holidays!

Lindy Lou

Right THR 1/22/2007

Anni and Larry,

Missouri is one of the states I have never visited, but would love to. And to take a barge ride on the Mississippi. How interesting to live near Hannibal. Is your husband "the Larry" that shared the beautiful photo from a cruise? You two have had a very interesting year it sounds. I didn't realize you both went through joint replacement this year. How wonderful to be able to support each other.

Happy holidays!

Donna

Guest guest

Delaware is close to Toledo, isn't it?

I'm Shirley I live in Delaware,Ohio. I will be 1 yr January 9th on my right knee and July 19th on the left knee. Merry Christmas to allShirley

Guest guest

Thanks Don! The same right back at ya! You live in the area I've always wished I lived.

Everyone on the list posters and readers. Have a Merry Christmas and Full and exhausting (post-op) New Year.San Fransisco Bay AreaDonPS Two and half weeks post-op LTKR.

Guest guest

I have friends and family in Ohio, Shirley -- particularly in the Cleveland area. It seems everyone from Pennsylvania went to Virginia or Ohio at one time. Any snow yet? My Cleveland cousin tells me she's had more than one snowfall -- that Erie Lake effect I believe? -- but haven't talked to her this week to find out if she's having a white Christmas. Sounds like you have a year of healing coming up. Don't forget the to line up things you can enjoy from your bed and home. Despite all the pain of double knee replacement, I miss those quiet days at home reading and watching movies -- uh, once I got my brain back. I think that took almost a month. It was one of the few times in my life I could leave the rest of the world behind without guilt. Happy holidays! Donnalindy <everyothername.istaken@...> wrote: Delaware is close to Toledo, isn't it? Love and Hugs,Lindy LouRight THR

1/22/2007 I'm Shirley I live in Delaware,Ohio. I will be 1 yr January 9th on my right knee and July 19th on the left knee. Merry Christmas to allShirley __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Donna,

Winter is a good time to have the surgery because I won't want to go any where else, but I am afraid of snow and ice when I do have to go out. YIKES! I will really appreciate Spring more than ever in 2007!

Sandy and Lindy,

You're both from Wisconsin and scheduled for January. You can heal and exercise during the Wisconsin winter and can be out and about during the spring thaw. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Happy holidays.

Donna

Guest guest

Donna,

Do you ever have white Christmases? The 5 years I lived in Charlotte, NC, they had snow once, about 2 inches, tops. OMG, no one could drive! The store was so packed, people lined up at each register all the way to the back of the store. It was cute. I sure missed snow when I lived there, but then when I moved back to Toledo when I left Charlotte, they had an unusally snowy winter and I had to take the bus to work, walk at least a mile to and fro (;-) and I soon began hating snow, very quickly. ;-)

Lindy,

Lucky for you. It cooled down here today finally. It was a little too warm for Christmas, and here in the Shenandoah Valley, everyone was going through the usual fall and spring allergies. But the forecasters all agree that Northern Virginia, here outside Washington, D.C, will definitely not have a white Christmas. So enjoy!

Happy holidays!

Donna

Guest guest

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of the Group from Greywolf, living in Ra'anana, Israel, just north of Tel Aviv.

Greywolf - RTHR-2003; LTHR-2004

mdavison@...

From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ] On Behalf Of Donna HartSent: 22 December, 2006 2:17 AMJoint Replacement Subject: RE: Merry Christmas -- Where in the world are you?

I have never had holiday wishes from friends in Australia or New Zealand. Just think, if it wasn't for these knee replacements, I never would have.

Best wishes and cheer to everyone everywhere. And exactly where is that? 's in Australia, 's in New Zealand (Where by the way, , is where my niece and great nieces are right now with my niece's husband who is a native. They love their visits there. This is the girls' first NZ Christmas and his first Christmas back home in many years.)

I'm in the northern part of the state of Virginia, USA, where it is chilly and rainy with no chance of a white Chrismas guaranteed by the weather people.

Where in the world are you? :-)

Donna

My mailbox is spam-free with ChoiceMail, the leader in personal and corporate anti-spam solutions. Download your free copy of ChoiceMail from www.digiportal.com.

Guest guest

I live 934 klm (583 miles) north of Aussie . I live in Brisbane.

We have been sent a Christmas present - it's raining, not much, but enough

to damp things down. As we are suffering the worst drought in 100 years, in

this land of drought and flooding rains, no one will mind a wet Christmas.

Aussie Margaret

RTHR 1990 revised 2004

Merry Christmas

|

|

| To all you wonderful hip and knee people, heaps of good wishes

for Christmas and 2007 from sunny Australia. I have just returned from

attending a wedding in Morocco of all places and it has certainly made me

appreciate what a great place I live in. I did way too much walking and lay

in bed each night in agony. However, the next day there I was back at it

again punishing myself anew!

| For those post surgery, every best wish for a quick recovery and for

those awaiting surgery, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a very

successful life change. Meanwhile, I wait while my doctor tells me to lose

30kg before he will consider any work.

| You are all such wonderful people on this list and, apart from the

excellent advice and support which is offered, I also enjoy the different

personalities which are represented. We also seem to be becoming more

international since I first joined.

| Anyway, that'ss enough rambling from me...

| Aussie

|

|

|

|

|

|

| ---------------------------------

| Give Live Search a try like millions of Australians. live.com.au

|

|

|

|

|

| __________________________________________________

|

Guest guest

Waving thru the cold & snow at everyone from Wenatchee, Washington. Wenatchee is smack in the middle of the State, and we live in a real small town 5 miles south of it.

tanya

TACHANKA SIBERIANS"All Four Paws Rolling"

wenatchee, wa