RemedySpot.com

autism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Tylenol is bad stuff, IMO---it depletes glutathione in the body.I find it interesting how many, if not all, of the kids dx'd w/ autism had multiply rounds of antibiotics and lots of Tylenol--my son did, plus all the vaccines up to age 5.LoriFrom: Sylvia <sylviapimentel@...>Vaccinations Sent: Tue, April 13, 2010 8:26:28 AMSubject: Re: Autism

I also wanted to chime in on a topic that is discussed here from time to time: Tylenol. I think that when it is given at the time of vaccination, it is terrible, but can also be a big problem for unvaccinated babies too. It impairs the bodies ability to detoxify poisons.

My own personal experience is that I have two boys with autism. The youngest had less vaccines but more antibiotics and Tylenol, and is the most severe of the two.

Sylvia

> >Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a study/statistics on

> >UNvaccinated children and Autism? Links would be great.

> >I have yet to hear about an nonvaccinated child having autism.

> >

> >Thank you

> >Louise

> >NY

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

There is an amish town in Kansas called Yoder. These people were a bit standoffish but they were still willing to answer any questions (I was about 14 the last time I visited there) I had regarding their lifestyle. Some (the women) were very friendly. They also have the best cinnamon rolls around if you're hungry.-K. HancockSent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®From: "carlena" <summershart@...>Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:19:41 CDT<Vaccinations >Subject: Re: Autism That would be an interesting study. But they also make, grow or raise all their own food. Which helps. To bad they dont talk to outsiders.Carlena Re: AutismHi Louise,Personally, I haven't discovered any actual studies, but I have read that the entire Amish community is completely unvaccinated, and there is absolutely zero autism within. Perhaps one could do a search beginning there, it would be wonderful to find something useful!My best always, in all ways...Ila AutismCan anyone tell me if there has ever been a study/statistics on UNvaccinated children and Autism? Links would be great.I have yet to hear about an nonvaccinated child having autism.Thank you Louise NY ------------------------------------

Guest guest

I agree, that would be another thing that can put a child over the toxic edge.

Also MSG and Aspartame, bad news. GM food is doing much more than people

realize as well.

Liz

> > >Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a study/statistics on

> > >UNvaccinated children and Autism? Links would be great.

> > >I have yet to hear about an nonvaccinated child having autism.

> > >

> > >Thank you

> > >Louise

> > >NY

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Sucralose, too. My 15-yr-old was telling his friend not to buy some drink again because it had sucralose in it! What?? He listens?

Winnie Re: AutismVaccinations > I agree, that would be another thing that can put a child over > the toxic edge. Also MSG and Aspartame, bad news. GM food is > doing much more than people realize as well.> Liz> > > > > >Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a > study/statistics on> > > >UNvaccinated children and Autism? Links would be great.> > > >I have yet to hear about an nonvaccinated child having autism.> > > >> > > >Thank you> > > >Louise> > > >NY> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> > >

Guest guest

Does anyone have any readings on Sucralose? -K. Hancock, M.H. in trainingSent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®From: wharrison@...Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 03:02:14 +0000 (GMT)<Vaccinations >Subject: Re: Re: Autism Sucralose, too. My 15-yr-old was telling his friend not to buy some drink again because it had sucralose in it! What?? He listens? Winnie Re: AutismVaccinations > I agree, that would be another thing that can put a child over > the toxic edge. Also MSG and Aspartame, bad news. GM food is > doing much more than people realize as well.> Liz> > > > > >Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a > study/statistics on> > > >UNvaccinated children and Autism? Links would be great.> > > >I have yet to hear about an nonvaccinated child having autism.> > > >> > > >Thank you> > > >Louise> > > >NY> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> > >

Guest guest

At 10:59 AM 4/11/2010, you wrote:

Hi Louise,

Personally, I haven't

discovered any actual studies, but I have read that the entire Amish

community is completely unvaccinated, and there is absolutely zero autism

within. Perhaps one could do a search beginning there, it would be

wonderful to find something useful!

My best always, in all

ways...

Ila

This is not true - the entire Amish Community can not be classified that

way.

It seems it depends on the community and younger members vs older

members

Sheri

Autism

Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a study/statistics on

UNvaccinated children and Autism? Links would be great.

I have yet to hear about an nonvaccinated child having autism.

Thank you

Louise

NY

------------------------------------

Guest guest

It is typical that they decline but it is not universal

It also depends on the area, I'm sure and the age of the parents

www.whale.to/vaccine/olmsted.html

http://www.ageofautism.com/2008/04/olmsted-on-au-3.html

http://www.wellsphere.com/general-medicine-article/the-amish-and-autism/653249

Sheri

> Re: Autism

>

> Hi Louise,

>

> Personally, I haven't discovered any actual studies, but I have read that the

entire Amish community is completely unvaccinated, and there is absolutely zero

autism within. Perhaps one could do a search beginning there, it would be

>

> My best always, in all ways...

> Ila

>

> Autism

>

>

> Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a study/statistics on

> UNvaccinated children and Autism? Links would be great.

> I have yet to hear about an nonvaccinated child having autism.

>

> Thank you

> Louise

> NY

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

There is an Amish community here in MN that a few of their children were given

the MMR vaccine when their was a local out break of measles & an Amish child

died. Not many did vaccinate but a few did...it was in the southern part of the

state.

Carlena

Re: Autism

>

> Hi Louise,

>

> Personally, I haven't discovered any actual studies, but I have read that the

entire Amish community is completely unvaccinated, and there is absolutely zero

autism within. Perhaps one could do a search beginning there, it would be

>

> My best always, in all ways...

> Ila

>

> Autism

>

>

> Can anyone tell me if th

Guest guest

Not sure if my email response to this went thru or not...but but several years

ago, here in MN there was a measles outbreak, an Amish baby died and several of

the families had their children vaccinated w/ the MMR vaccine.

Carlena

At 10:59 AM 4/11/2010, you wrote:

>Hi Louise,

>

>Personally, I haven't discovered any actual studies, but I have read

>that the entire Amish community is completely unvaccinated, and

>there is absolutely zero autism within. Perhaps one could do a

>search beginning there, it would be wonderful to find something useful!

>

>My best always, in all ways...

>Ila

>

This is not true - the entire Amish Community can not be classified that way.

It seems it depends on the community and younger members vs older members

Sheri

> Autism

>

>Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a study/statistics on

>UNvaccinated children and Autism? Links would be great.

>I have yet to hear about an nonvaccinated child having autism.

>

>Thank you

>Louise

>NY

>

>

>

>----------------------------

Guest guest

That would be really cool to find a community willing to talk to outsiders. I

havent found one here in MN that will.

Carlena

Hi Louise,

Personally, I haven't discovered any actual studies, but I have read that the

entire Amish community is completely un

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

This is great news.  I wonder what Autism Speaks and other advocacy organizations doing to push this legislation?  What can we all do?  This seems like a great step in helping families like ours.  I have often found it odd that there are tax exemptions for blindness and several other disabilities, but nothing in the tax code specifically for autism.From: lois noland <jlois@...>To:

autism Sent: Tue, July 13, 2010 10:37:46 PMSubject: Fw: Autism

Look what one of our senators sent to me. I contacted them about services for people with autism. Lois

Autism

Dear Mrs. Noland:

Thanks for getting in touch with me to express your support for services for those individuals with autism.  It's great to hear from you. 

Many American families struggle with the often overwhelming effects of autism on a daily basis.  If we could find the cure for autism, we would improve the lives of thousands of children and families across the nation.  That's why I led the charge to double the National Institutes of Health's (NIH) budget over five years, and why I am continuing to advocate for increased investment in biomedical research. 

I fought to expand and better coordinate autism research efforts by cosponsoring the Combating Autism Act of 2005, which became public law on December 19th, 2006 (Public Law 109-416). Additionally, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Public Law 111-5) provides funding for autism research.  In March, NIH announced that of the $10 billion it received in the ARRA, $100 million will be dedicated to autism research. 

I understand how important it is to find the best possible education for children with autism.  I know that autistic children, like all children, deserve the best education our country can provide.  I believe the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is essential to upholding our 

commitment to children with disabilities and their families. That's why I was an original cosponsor of IDEA and strongly support full funding of IDEA.

Caregivers of autistic loved ones also face many demands, including financial stresses.  The high costs of medications and specialized services can be an enormous burden.  That's why I have proposed legislation to help alleviate the financial strain on families caring for a loved one with special needs.  This legislation would provide a tax credit of up to $3,000 to help cover the costs of caregiving expenses such as prescription drugs, home health care, durable medical equipment, respite care, physical therapy, and specialized services. 

The Autism Treatment Acceleration Act (S.819) would authorize funding for autism research and treatment and would require health insurance to cover diagnosis and treatment of autism.  S. 819 is currently pending in the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions.  I have signed on to S. 819 as a cosponsor and will keep your views in mind as we continue to consider this important legislation. 

Know that I will continue to fight for families that are affected by autism.  Thanks for getting in touch with me.  If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please contact me. 

Sincerely, Barbara A. MikulskiUnited States Senator Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. The originating e-mail account is not monitored.If you would like to get in touch with me again, please visit my Webform at http://mikulski. senate.gov/ Contact/contact. cfm  

Guest guest

I am going to see senator Shank wednesday. Let me know if you are intrested in coming along. Lois

Autism

Dear Mrs. Noland:

Thanks for getting in touch with me to express your support for services for those individuals with autism. It's great to hear from you.

Many American families struggle with the often overwhelming effects of autism on a daily basis. If we could find the cure for autism, we would improve the lives of thousands of children and families across the nation. That's why I led the charge to double the National Institutes of Health's (NIH) budget over five years, and why I am continuing to advocate for increased investment in biomedical research.

I fought to expand and better coordinate autism research efforts by cosponsoring the Combating Autism Act of 2005, which became public law on December 19th, 2006 (Public Law 109-416). Additionally, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Public Law 111-5) provides funding for autism research. In March, NIH announced that of the $10 billion it received in the ARRA, $100 million will be dedicated to autism research.

I understand how important it is to find the best possible education for children with autism. I know that autistic children, like all children, deserve the best education our country can provide. I believe the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is essential to upholding our

commitment to children with disabilities and their families. That's why I was an original cosponsor of IDEA and strongly support full funding of IDEA.

Caregivers of autistic loved ones also face many demands, including financial stresses. The high costs of medications and specialized services can be an enormous burden. That's why I have proposed legislation to help alleviate the financial strain on families caring for a loved one with special needs. This legislation would provide a tax credit of up to $3,000 to help cover the costs of caregiving expenses such as prescription drugs, home health care, durable medical equipment, respite care, physical therapy, and specialized services.

The Autism Treatment Acceleration Act (S.819) would authorize funding for autism research and treatment and would require health insurance to cover diagnosis and treatment of autism. S. 819 is currently pending in the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. I have signed on to S. 819 as a cosponsor and will keep your views in mind as we continue to consider this important legislation.

Know that I will continue to fight for families that are affected by autism. Thanks for getting in touch with me. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please contact me.

Sincerely, Barbara A. MikulskiUnited States Senator Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. The originating e-mail account is not monitored.If you would like to get in touch with me again, please visit my Webform at http://mikulski. senate.gov/ Contact/contact. cfm

Guest guest

Go to your local senator about this. Lois

Autism

Dear Mrs. Noland:

Thanks for getting in touch with me to express your support for services for those individuals with autism. It's great to hear from you.

Many American families struggle with the often overwhelming effects of autism on a daily basis. If we could find the cure for autism, we would improve the lives of thousands of children and families across the nation. That's why I led the charge to double the National Institutes of Health's (NIH) budget over five years, and why I am continuing to advocate for increased investment in biomedical research.

I fought to expand and better coordinate autism research efforts by cosponsoring the Combating Autism Act of 2005, which became public law on December 19th, 2006 (Public Law 109-416). Additionally, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Public Law 111-5) provides funding for autism research. In March, NIH announced that of the $10 billion it received in the ARRA, $100 million will be dedicated to autism research.

I understand how important it is to find the best possible education for children with autism. I know that autistic children, like all children, deserve the best education our country can provide. I believe the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is essential to upholding our

Caregivers of autistic loved ones also face many demands, including financial stresses. The high costs of medications and specialized services can be an enormous burden. That's why I have proposed legislation to help alleviate the financial strain on families caring for a loved one with special needs. This legislation would provide a tax credit of up to $3,000 to help cover the costs of caregiving expenses such as prescription drugs, home health care, durable medical equipment, respite care, physical therapy, and specialized services.

The Autism Treatment Acceleration Act (S.819) would authorize funding for autism research and treatment and would require health insurance to cover diagnosis and treatment of autism. S. 819 is currently pending in the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. I have signed on to S. 819 as a cosponsor and will keep your views in mind as we continue to consider this important legislation.

Know that I will continue to fight for families that are affected by autism. Thanks for getting in touch with me. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please contact me.

• 3 months later...

a,My book, A Compromised Generation: The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children, explains what causes autism (it is a 'perfect storm' of environmental factors). The reason why this man believes that autism is an infectious disease is because they have found chronic infections (like Lyme and coinfectors, the new virus he refers to, etc.) in children with autism. It is not so much that the autism is caused by infectious agents, rather, it is that children with autism have compromised immune systems (due to gut dysbiosis, environmental toxin exposure and other factors, including vaccines) which cannot "kick out" these infectious agents. In fact, children with autism have dysregulated immune systems, which simply means that their

immune systems are not operating properly. This can mean that they have underactive immune systems (can't kick out infectious agents like measles), they can have immune systems that are overactive (e.g., the kid who never gets sick) and they also exhibit autoimmunity (Dr. Anne Connolly demonstrated that children with autism can have autoantibodies to brain--which means that their own immune systems are attacking cells in their brains). See abstract title below.Siblings of children on the spectrum are likely to be affected either with autism or some other chronic illness or "psychiatric" diagnosis simply because they are exposed to the same environmental factors as their sibling on the spectrum (e.g. altered gut flora of the mother, environmental toxins, vaccine schedule, etc.). I can talk to you more about how to prevent autism in your four month old further if you are interested. Rule number one: NO antibiotics

(or other gut flora-altering medications) unless absolutely necessary.For more information see: www.acompromisedgeneration.com and www.epidemicanswers.org. Let me know if you have specific questions.Beth LambertAuthor, A Compromised Generation: The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Childrenwww.acompromisedgeneration.comwww.epidemicanswers.orgBiol Psychiatry. 2006 Feb 15;59(4):354-63. Epub 2005 Sep 21.Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and autoantibodies to neural antigens in sera of children with autistic spectrum disorders, Landau-Kleffner syndrome, and epilepsy.Connolly AM, Chez M, Streif EM, Keeling RM, Golumbek PT, Kwon JM, Riviello JJ, RG, Neuman RJ, Deuel RM.Department of Neurology and Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA.From: shawna <shawna_kunselman@...>Vaccinations Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 10:34:04 AMSubject: Autism

I recently read on a facebook page someones belief on Autism/Vaccines that has me even more worried and wanted to get some others opinions on it. I'm not sure what I think of this...he stated that he believes the connection of Autism and Vaccines is not through the heavy metals but from the altered viruses (which could make sense). But he continued to say that because of this Autism is an infectious disease (from contracting these altered viruses) and this explains why unvaccinated siblings of those with Autism sometimes still get Autism. I have a five year old with Autism, he had gotten measles from his MMR and he has chronically swollen lymph nodes in his neck which makes me think he definitely has some kind of on going infection. I also have a four month old non vaccinated son who I am trying to prevent Autism in. What are your thoughts on this and how many of you have seen such thing with your children (vaccinated and non vaccinated)? Is

there any other precautions to take in this case aside from not vaccinating? Thank you for any input!! a

Beth, I would love to hear more about prevention from you! Thank you for this information. Where can I purchase your book? aSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Beth Lambert <beth1lambert@...>Sender: Vaccinations Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:06:17 -0700 (PDT)<Vaccinations >Reply Vaccinations Subject: Re: Autism a,My book, A Compromised Generation: The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children, explains what causes autism (it is a 'perfect storm' of environmental factors). The reason why this man believes that autism is an infectious disease is because they have found chronic infections (like Lyme and coinfectors, the new virus he refers to, etc.) in children with autism. It is not so much that the autism is caused by infectious agents, rather, it is that children with autism have compromised immune systems (due to gut dysbiosis, environmental toxin exposure and other factors, including vaccines) which cannot "kick out" these infectious agents. In fact, children with autism have dysregulated immune systems, which simply means that theirimmune systems are not operating properly. This can mean that they have underactive immune systems (can't kick out infectious agents like measles), they can have immune systems that are overactive (e.g., the kid who never gets sick) and they also exhibit autoimmunity (Dr. Anne Connolly demonstrated that children with autism can have autoantibodies to brain--which means that their own immune systems are attacking cells in their brains). See abstract title below.Siblings of children on the spectrum are likely to be affected either with autism or some other chronic illness or "psychiatric" diagnosis simply because they are exposed to the same environmental factors as their sibling on the spectrum (e.g. altered gut flora of the mother, environmental toxins, vaccine schedule, etc.). I can talk to you more about how to prevent autism in your four month old further if you are interested. Rule number one: NO antibiotics(or other gut flora-altering medications) unless absolutely necessary.For more information see: www.acompromisedgeneration.com and www.epidemicanswers.org. Let me know if you have specific questions.Beth LambertAuthor, A Compromised Generation: The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Childrenwww.acompromisedgeneration.comwww.epidemicanswers.orgBiol Psychiatry. 2006 Feb 15;59(4):354-63. Epub 2005 Sep 21.Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and autoantibodies to neural antigens in sera of children with autistic spectrum disorders, Landau-Kleffner syndrome, and epilepsy.Connolly AM, Chez M, Streif EM, Keeling RM, Golumbek PT, Kwon JM, Riviello JJ, RG, Neuman RJ, Deuel RM.Department of Neurology and Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA.From: shawna <shawna_kunselman@...>Vaccinations Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 10:34:04 AMSubject: Autism I recently read on a facebook page someones belief on Autism/Vaccines that has me even more worried and wanted to get some others opinions on it. I'm not sure what I think of this...he stated that he believes the connection of Autism and Vaccines is not through the heavy metals but from the altered viruses (which could make sense). But he continued to say that because of this Autism is an infectious disease (from contracting these altered viruses) and this explains why unvaccinated siblings of those with Autism sometimes still get Autism. I have a five year old with Autism, he had gotten measles from his MMR and he has chronically swollen lymph nodes in his neck which makes me think he definitely has some kind of on going infection. I also have a four month old non vaccinated son who I am trying to prevent Autism in. What are your thoughts on this and how many of you have seen such thing with your children (vaccinated and non vaccinated)? Isthere any other precautions to take in this case aside from not vaccinating? Thank you for any input!! a

Well, that is more of an opinion he has than fact. It is not only mercury in vaccines that can cause autism but the MMR, which does not have mercury in it. It could also be because those who vaccinate with the MMR also probably vaccinate with mercury-containing vaccines and the combo can cause autism.

Altered viruses? Hmm...if so, not all of them would be live so they couldn't all be contagious. But there are many toxic ingredients to vaccines that can cause problems, not just heavy metals or viruses. Mothers with mercury fillings and/or vaccines during pregnancy (or before) with mercury in them could have their babies affected and that could explain any sibling connection, as could mercury elsewhere in their environment.

So, that would be a precaution I would take--make sure to be in a clean environment and don't get mercury fillings. I'd say with your older son that he sure does sounds as if he has an ongoing infection/reaction. Do you have someone treating him for that?

Winnie AutismVaccinations > I recently read on a facebook page someones belief on > Autism/Vaccines that has me even more worried and wanted to get > some others opinions on it. I'm not sure what I think of > this...he stated that he believes the connection of Autism and > Vaccines is not through the heavy metals but from the altered > viruses (which could make sense). But he continued to say that > because of this Autism is an infectious disease (from > contracting these altered viruses) and this explains why > unvaccinated siblings of those with Autism sometimes still get > Autism. I have a five year old with Autism, he had gotten > measles from his MMR and he has chronically swollen lymph nodes > in his neck which makes me think he definitely has some kind of > on going infection. I also have a four month old non vaccinated > son who I am trying to prevent Autism in. What are your thoughts > on this and how many of you have seen such thing with your > children (vaccinated and non vaccinated)? Is there any other > precautions to take in this case aside from not vaccinating? > Thank you for any input!! a> >

Age of Autism is a newly released book this month, I'm halfway through reading it, it is an amazing look at mercury and its role in medicine from a very early time.  A very thoroughly researched book telling such a compelling arguement about the health effects of mercury, including in vaccines.

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:48 AM, <wharrison@...> wrote:

Well, that is more of an opinion he has than fact. It is not only mercury in vaccines that can cause autism but the MMR, which does not have mercury in it. It could also be because those who vaccinate with the MMR also probably vaccinate with mercury-containing vaccines and the combo can cause autism.

Altered viruses? Hmm...if so, not all of them would be live so they couldn't all be contagious. But there are many toxic ingredients to vaccines that can cause problems, not just heavy metals or viruses. Mothers with mercury fillings and/or vaccines during pregnancy (or before) with mercury in them could have their babies affected and that could explain any sibling connection, as could mercury elsewhere in their environment.

So, that would be a precaution I would take--make sure to be in a clean environment and don't get mercury fillings. I'd say with your older son that he sure does sounds as if he has an ongoing infection/reaction. Do you have someone treating him for that?

Winnie AutismVaccinations

> I recently read on a facebook page someones belief on > Autism/Vaccines that has me even more worried and wanted to get > some others opinions on it. I'm not sure what I think of > this...he stated that he believes the connection of Autism and

> Vaccines is not through the heavy metals but from the altered > viruses (which could make sense). But he continued to say that > because of this Autism is an infectious disease (from > contracting these altered viruses) and this explains why

> unvaccinated siblings of those with Autism sometimes still get > Autism. I have a five year old with Autism, he had gotten > measles from his MMR and he has chronically swollen lymph nodes > in his neck which makes me think he definitely has some kind of

> on going infection. I also have a four month old non vaccinated > son who I am trying to prevent Autism in. What are your thoughts > on this and how many of you have seen such thing with your > children (vaccinated and non vaccinated)? Is there any other

> precautions to take in this case aside from not vaccinating? > Thank you for any input!! a> >

Beth your book sounds so interesting I can't wait to read it!

-S

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Beth Lambert <beth1lambert@...> wrote:

a,

My book, A Compromised Generation:  The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children, explains what causes autism (it is a 'perfect storm' of environmental factors).  The reason why this man believes that autism is an infectious disease is because they have found chronic infections (like Lyme and coinfectors, the new virus he refers to, etc.) in children with autism.  It is not so much that the autism is caused by infectious agents, rather, it is that children with autism have compromised immune systems (due to gut dysbiosis, environmental toxin exposure and other factors, including vaccines) which cannot " kick out " these infectious agents.  In fact, children with autism have dysregulated immune systems, which simply means that their immune systems are not operating properly.  This can mean that they have underactive immune systems (can't kick out infectious agents like measles), they can have immune systems that are overactive (e.g., the kid who never gets sick) and they also exhibit autoimmunity (Dr. Anne Connolly demonstrated that children with autism can have autoantibodies to brain--which means that their own immune systems are attacking cells in their brains).  See abstract title below.

Siblings of children on the spectrum are likely to be affected either with autism or some other chronic illness or " psychiatric " diagnosis simply because they are exposed to the same environmental factors as their sibling on the spectrum (e.g. altered gut flora of the mother, environmental toxins, vaccine schedule, etc.).  I can talk to you more about how to prevent autism in your four month old further if you are interested.  Rule number one:  NO antibiotics (or other gut flora-altering medications) unless absolutely necessary.

For more information see:  www.acompromisedgeneration.com and www.epidemicanswers.org.  Let me know if you have specific questions.

Beth Lambert

Author, A Compromised Generation:  The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children

www.acompromisedgeneration.com

www.epidemicanswers.org

Biol Psychiatry. 2006 Feb 15;59(4):354-63. Epub 2005 Sep 21.

Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and autoantibodies to neural antigens in sera of children with autistic spectrum disorders, Landau-Kleffner syndrome, and epilepsy.

Connolly AM, Chez M, Streif EM, Keeling RM, Golumbek PT, Kwon JM, Riviello JJ,  RG, Neuman RJ, Deuel RM.

Department of Neurology and Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA.

Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 10:34:04 AMSubject: Autism

I recently read on a facebook page someones belief on Autism/Vaccines that has me even more worried and wanted to get some others opinions on it. I'm not sure what I think of this...he stated that he believes the connection of Autism and Vaccines is not through the heavy metals but from the altered viruses (which could make sense). But he continued to say that because of this Autism is an infectious disease (from contracting these altered viruses) and this explains why unvaccinated siblings of those with Autism sometimes still get Autism. I have a five year old with Autism, he had gotten measles from his MMR and he has chronically swollen lymph nodes in his neck which makes me think he definitely has some kind of on going infection. I also have a four month old non vaccinated son who I am trying to prevent Autism in. What are your thoughts on this and how many of you have seen such thing with your children (vaccinated and non vaccinated)? Is there any other precautions to take in this case aside from not vaccinating? Thank you for any input!! a

a,A Compromised Generation is available online at Amazon, and Nobles and Borders (as well as from www.sentientpublications.com) but some retail outlets carry it too. There is a chapter in there on how to prevent illness (including autism) written by Kobliner, RD.W/regard to preventing autism in young babies (it is a different story for pregnant women), there are a few guidelines:1) No antibiotics, prevacid, prilosec (these are reflux meds), steroid medications or other medications that could cause gut dysbiosis (an imbalance in the microorganisms in the gut). This goes for the mother as well if nursing.2) If

mother is nursing, be sure to isolate any food sensitivities that the baby has (e.g. does baby have any symptoms like eczema, colic, reflux, blood in stool, etc.? these are a red flag for food sensitivities). Eliminate any suspected food allergies/sensitivities from both mother and babies diet.3) Eliminate any/all possible toxins in the home (e.g., flame retardants on zip up PJs, canned foods [bPA exposure], aluminum cooking pans/utensils, PVC/plastics, household cleaners and other toxins, have water tested for heavy metals/chlorine/flouride, check for lead paint exposures, etc.). Mother needs to eliminate toxic exposures in personal products (e.g., deodorant, makeup, shampoos, etc.)4) Nursing mother and baby should eat as much organic/pastured CLEAN food as possible (e.g., NO tuna or other sources of mercury in seafood, stay away from conventional chicken [source of arsenic and lead], eat only organic

produce if possible, especially the "dirty dozen" http://static.foodnews.org/pdf/EWG-shoppers-guide.pdf, etc.)5) Consider avoiding/delaying vaccinations --especially the flu vaccine. A child on an antibiotic (or recently on one) should NEVER be vaccinated. Good gut health, and a low toxic burden is absolutely critical for anyone who is going to be vaccinated. 6) Probiotics, probiotics, probiotics. . . this includes cultured foods for nursing moms (kimchee, organic yogurt, kefir, raw sauerkraut, raw pickles, kombucha, etc.). 7) Do everything you can to ensure that your baby has good gut health. How? probiotics first and foremost, then a diet high in fruits and vegetables (for both nursing mom and baby) and low in refined carbohydrates (anything with white flour in it) and low in processed

foods. No GMOS if possible (most conventional soy, corn, and a lot of canola is GMO).8) Vitamin D--get levels of nursing mom and baby checked. Levels of D3 should be between 50 and 100 per Dr. Hollick of Boston University and Vitamin D Council.The key is to 1) reduce oxidative stress (caused by toxins, allergies, chronic infections) 2) build/support good gut health (through diet and probiotic supplementation) and keep life as toxin free as possible, with as few unnecessary medical interventions as possible. There is always more individualized advice to be given, depending on the particular mother/child and their medical history, etc. but these are just some generic guidelines.hope this is helpful.BethFrom: "shawna_kunselman@..." <shawna_kunselman@...>Vaccinations Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 11:22:17 AMSubject: Re: Autism

Beth, I would love to hear more about prevention from you! Thank you for this information. Where can I purchase your book? aSent via BlackBerry by AT & TFrom: Beth Lambert <beth1lambert@...>

Sender: Vaccinations

Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:06:17 -0700 (PDT)<Vaccinations >Reply Vaccinations

Subject: Re: Autism

a,My book, A Compromised Generation: The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children, explains what causes autism (it is a 'perfect storm' of environmental factors). The reason why this man believes that autism is an infectious disease is because they have found chronic infections (like Lyme and coinfectors, the new virus he refers to, etc.) in children with autism. It is not so much that the autism is caused by infectious agents, rather, it is that children with autism have compromised immune systems (due to gut dysbiosis, environmental toxin exposure and other factors, including vaccines) which cannot "kick out" these infectious agents. In fact, children with autism have dysregulated immune systems, which simply means that their

immune systems are not operating properly. This can mean that they have underactive immune systems (can't kick out infectious agents like measles), they can have immune systems that are overactive (e.g., the kid who never gets sick) and they also exhibit autoimmunity (Dr. Anne Connolly demonstrated that children with autism can have autoantibodies to brain--which means that their own immune systems are attacking cells in their brains). See abstract title below.Siblings of children on the spectrum are likely to be affected either with autism or some other chronic illness or "psychiatric" diagnosis simply because they are exposed to the same environmental factors as their sibling on the spectrum (e.g. altered gut flora of the mother, environmental toxins, vaccine schedule, etc.). I can talk to you more about how to prevent autism in your four month old further if you are interested. Rule number one: NO antibiotics

(or other gut flora-altering medications) unless absolutely necessary.For more information see: www.acompromisedgeneration.com and www.epidemicanswers.org. Let me know if you have specific questions.Beth LambertAuthor, A Compromised Generation: The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Childrenwww.acompromisedgeneration.comwww.epidemicanswers.orgBiol Psychiatry. 2006 Feb 15;59(4):354-63. Epub 2005 Sep 21.Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and autoantibodies to neural antigens in sera of children with autistic spectrum disorders, Landau-Kleffner syndrome, and epilepsy.Connolly AM, Chez M, Streif EM, Keeling RM, Golumbek PT, Kwon JM, Riviello JJ, RG, Neuman RJ, Deuel RM.Department of Neurology and Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA.From: shawna <shawna_kunselman@...>Vaccinations Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 10:34:04 AMSubject: Autism

I recently read on a facebook page someones belief on Autism/Vaccines that has me even more worried and wanted to get some others opinions on it. I'm not sure what I think of this...he stated that he believes the connection of Autism and Vaccines is not through the heavy metals but from the altered viruses (which could make sense). But he continued to say that because of this Autism is an infectious disease (from contracting these altered viruses) and this explains why unvaccinated siblings of those with Autism sometimes still get Autism. I have a five year old with Autism, he had gotten measles from his MMR and he has chronically swollen lymph nodes in his neck which makes me think he definitely has some kind of on going infection. I also have a four month old non vaccinated son who I am trying to prevent Autism in. What are your thoughts on this and how many of you have seen such thing with your children (vaccinated and non vaccinated)? Is

there any other precautions to take in this case aside from not vaccinating? Thank you for any input!! a

I think there are many causes

but I would question some virus theory. Not all my kids are on the spectrum and

some are vaxxed and some aren’t.

Nita,

mom to: 17, Jon 15, 13, 11, 9, Christian (7/16/03 to

8/22/04), 4, Isaac 2 and one cooking due 3/2011

http://momof6.dotphoto.com for

possibly current pictures and http://nitasspot.blogspot.com

Learn from the mistakes of others. Trust me... you can't live long enough

to make them all yourself.

I have a 4 year old son who has never been vaccinated and has autism. I have a 17 month old son who has never been vaccinated and does not have autism. In hindsight my 4 year old son struggled since birth. We just didn't put the pieces together until he was 13 months old. I had been prescribed several rounds of antibiotics during pregnancy and IV antibiotics during delivery. He had no good flora when he was born because I had horrible flora when he was delivered. His gut was basically destroyed from birth and that began his journey into autism. I have heard of the theory that viruses can cause autism but that it doesn't have to be a virus from a vaccine. For me it is really the chicken or the egg. If my son did become autistic through a virus,

it was because his gut health was so poor that his immune system could not help him. For what it's worth my 4 year old son's lymph nodes are also always swollen. Interestingly enough I refused all antibiotics during the pregnancy and delivery with my 17 month old son and he never struggled like his older brother did. I also breastfeed my second son for one year, while I had so many infections that I had to stop nursing my first son at two months.CameronFrom: shawna <shawna_kunselman@...>To:

Vaccinations Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 9:34:04 AMSubject: Autism

This is a wonderful, condensed summary and so helpful, Beth!  Thank you!  I would also emphasize the importance of drinking pure spring water, not tap water (even filtered), because it still contains fluoride, and switch to fluoride-free toothpaste. 

I didn't know that conventional chicken is a source of arsenic and lead!  Yikes!  Thanks for the tip!  By the way, does everyone know that conventional biscuits contain aluminum?  Scary!  I'm currently in my first trimester of pregnancy, and I'm now eating less than I normally would, even though I always ate organic.  I have such picky food tastes right now, and the thought of most (western diet) food makes me sick.  I usually end up eating mostly organic fruit, eggs, and toast.  It's a challenge, because I find myself constantly thinking about all the horrible ingredients in most foods, and it makes me sick!  I know I need pure, home cooked food, and you can barely trust anything in a restaurant it seems.  At least I know from past experience that I'll feel better after the first trimester!  I'm sure others can remember this feeling as well!

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Beth Lambert <beth1lambert@...> wrote:

a,

A Compromised Generation is available online at Amazon, and Nobles and Borders (as well as from www.sentientpublications.com) but some retail outlets carry it too.  There is a chapter in there on how to prevent illness (including autism) written by Kobliner, RD.

W/regard to preventing autism in young babies (it is a different story for pregnant women), there are a few guidelines:

1) No antibiotics, prevacid, prilosec (these are reflux meds), steroid medications or other medications that could cause gut dysbiosis (an imbalance in the microorganisms in the gut).  This goes for the mother as well if nursing.

2) If mother is nursing, be sure to isolate any food sensitivities that the baby has (e.g. does baby have any symptoms like eczema, colic, reflux, blood in stool, etc.?  these are a red flag for food sensitivities).  Eliminate any suspected food allergies/sensitivities from both mother and babies diet.

3) Eliminate any/all possible toxins in the home (e.g., flame retardants on zip up PJs, canned foods [bPA exposure], aluminum cooking pans/utensils, PVC/plastics, household cleaners and other toxins, have water tested for heavy metals/chlorine/flouride, check for lead paint exposures, etc.).  Mother needs to eliminate toxic exposures in personal products (e.g., deodorant, makeup, shampoos, etc.)

4) Nursing mother and baby should eat as much organic/pastured CLEAN food as possible (e.g., NO tuna or other sources of mercury in seafood, stay away from conventional chicken [source of arsenic and lead], eat only organic produce if possible, especially the " dirty dozen "  http://static.foodnews.org/pdf/EWG-shoppers-guide.pdf, etc.)

5) Consider avoiding/delaying vaccinations --especially the flu vaccine.  A child on an antibiotic (or recently on one) should NEVER be vaccinated.  Good gut health, and a low toxic burden is absolutely critical for anyone who is going to be vaccinated.  

6) Probiotics, probiotics, probiotics. . . this includes cultured foods for nursing moms (kimchee, organic yogurt, kefir, raw sauerkraut, raw pickles, kombucha, etc.).  

7) Do everything you can to ensure that your baby has good gut health.  How?  probiotics first and foremost, then a diet high in fruits and vegetables (for both nursing mom and baby) and low in refined carbohydrates (anything with white flour in it) and low in processed foods.  No GMOS if possible (most conventional soy, corn, and a lot of canola is GMO).

8) Vitamin D--get levels of nursing mom and baby checked.  Levels of D3 should be between 50 and 100 per Dr. Hollick of Boston University and Vitamin D Council.

The key is to 1) reduce oxidative stress (caused by toxins, allergies, chronic infections) 2) build/support good gut health (through diet and probiotic supplementation) and keep life as toxin free as possible, with as few unnecessary medical interventions as possible.  

There is always more individualized advice to be given, depending on the particular mother/child and their medical history, etc. but these are just some generic guidelines.

hope this is helpful.

Beth

Vaccinations Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 11:22:17 AM

Beth, I would love to hear more about prevention from you! Thank you for this information. Where can I purchase your book? a

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:06:17 -0700 (PDT)

<Vaccinations >

ReplyVaccinations

a,

My book, A Compromised Generation:  The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children, explains what causes autism (it is a 'perfect storm' of environmental factors).  The reason why this man believes that autism is an infectious disease is because they have found chronic infections (like Lyme and coinfectors, the new virus he refers to, etc.) in children with autism.  It is not so much that the autism is caused by infectious agents, rather, it is that children with autism have compromised immune systems (due to gut dysbiosis, environmental toxin exposure and other factors, including vaccines) which cannot " kick out " these infectious agents.  In fact, children with autism have dysregulated immune systems, which simply means that their immune systems are not operating properly.  This can mean that they have underactive immune systems (can't kick out infectious agents like measles), they can have immune systems that are overactive (e.g., the kid who never gets sick) and they also exhibit autoimmunity (Dr. Anne Connolly demonstrated that children with autism can have autoantibodies to brain--which means that their own immune systems are attacking cells in their brains).  See abstract title below.

Siblings of children on the spectrum are likely to be affected either with autism or some other chronic illness or " psychiatric " diagnosis simply because they are exposed to the same environmental factors as their sibling on the spectrum (e.g. altered gut flora of the mother, environmental toxins, vaccine schedule, etc.).  I can talk to you more about how to prevent autism in your four month old further if you are interested.  Rule number one:  NO antibiotics (or other gut flora-altering medications) unless absolutely necessary.

For more information see:  www.acompromisedgeneration.com and www.epidemicanswers.org.  Let me know if you have specific questions.

Beth Lambert

Author, A Compromised Generation:  The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children

www.epidemicanswers.org

Biol Psychiatry. 2006 Feb 15;59(4):354-63. Epub 2005 Sep 21.

Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and autoantibodies to neural antigens in sera of children with autistic spectrum disorders, Landau-Kleffner syndrome, and epilepsy.

Connolly AM, Chez M, Streif EM, Keeling RM, Golumbek PT, Kwon JM, Riviello JJ,  RG, Neuman RJ, Deuel RM.

Department of Neurology and Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA.

I recently read on a facebook page someones belief on Autism/Vaccines that has me even more worried and wanted to get some others opinions on it. I'm not sure what I think of this...he stated that he believes the connection of Autism and Vaccines is not through the heavy metals but from the altered viruses (which could make sense). But he continued to say that because of this Autism is an infectious disease (from contracting these altered viruses) and this explains why unvaccinated siblings of those with Autism sometimes still get Autism. I have a five year old with Autism, he had gotten measles from his MMR and he has chronically swollen lymph nodes in his neck which makes me think he definitely has some kind of on going infection. I also have a four month old non vaccinated son who I am trying to prevent Autism in. What are your thoughts on this and how many of you have seen such thing with your children (vaccinated and non vaccinated)? Is there any other precautions to take in this case aside from not vaccinating? Thank you for any input!! a

, Picky tastes are likely to come from low zinc......

a,

A Compromised Generation is available online at Amazon, and Nobles and Borders (as well as from www.sentientpublications.com) but some retail outlets carry it too. There is a chapter in there on how to prevent illness (including autism) written by Kobliner, RD.

W/regard to preventing autism in young babies (it is a different story for pregnant women), there are a few guidelines:

1) No antibiotics, prevacid, prilosec (these are reflux meds), steroid medications or other medications that could cause gut dysbiosis (an imbalance in the microorganisms in the gut). This goes for the mother as well if nursing.

2) If mother is nursing, be sure to isolate any food sensitivities that the baby has (e.g. does baby have any symptoms like eczema, colic, reflux, blood in stool, etc.? these are a red flag for food sensitivities). Eliminate any suspected food allergies/sensitivities from both mother and babies diet.

3) Eliminate any/all possible toxins in the home (e.g., flame retardants on zip up PJs, canned foods [bPA exposure], aluminum cooking pans/utensils, PVC/plastics, household cleaners and other toxins, have water tested for heavy metals/chlorine/flouride, check for lead paint exposures, etc.). Mother needs to eliminate toxic exposures in personal products (e.g., deodorant, makeup, shampoos, etc.)

4) Nursing mother and baby should eat as much organic/pastured CLEAN food as possible (e.g., NO tuna or other sources of mercury in seafood, stay away from conventional chicken [source of arsenic and lead], eat only organic produce if possible, especially the "dirty dozen" http://static.foodnews.org/pdf/EWG-shoppers-guide.pdf, etc.)

5) Consider avoiding/delaying vaccinations --especially the flu vaccine. A child on an antibiotic (or recently on one) should NEVER be vaccinated. Good gut health, and a low toxic burden is absolutely critical for anyone who is going to be vaccinated.

6) Probiotics, probiotics, probiotics. . . this includes cultured foods for nursing moms (kimchee, organic yogurt, kefir, raw sauerkraut, raw pickles, kombucha, etc.).

7) Do everything you can to ensure that your baby has good gut health. How? probiotics first and foremost, then a diet high in fruits and vegetables (for both nursing mom and baby) and low in refined carbohydrates (anything with white flour in it) and low in processed foods. No GMOS if possible (most conventional soy, corn, and a lot of canola is GMO).

8) Vitamin D--get levels of nursing mom and baby checked. Levels of D3 should be between 50 and 100 per Dr. Hollick of Boston University and Vitamin D Council.

The key is to 1) reduce oxidative stress (caused by toxins, allergies, chronic infections) 2) build/support good gut health (through diet and probiotic supplementation) and keep life as toxin free as possible, with as few unnecessary medical interventions as possible.

There is always more individualized advice to be given, depending on the particular mother/child and their medical history, etc. but these are just some generic guidelines.

hope this is helpful.

Beth

Vaccinations Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 11:22:17 AM

Beth, I would love to hear more about prevention from you! Thank you for this information. Where can I purchase your book? a

<Vaccinations >

ReplyVaccinations

a,

My book, A Compromised Generation: The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children, explains what causes autism (it is a 'perfect storm' of environmental factors). The reason why this man believes that autism is an infectious disease is because they have found chronic infections (like Lyme and coinfectors, the new virus he refers to, etc.) in children with autism. It is not so much that the autism is caused by infectious agents, rather, it is that children with autism have compromised immune systems (due to gut dysbiosis, environmental toxin exposure and other factors, including vaccines) which cannot "kick out" these infectious agents. In fact, children with autism have dysregulated immune systems, which simply means that their immune systems are not operating properly. This can mean that they have underactive immune systems (can't kick out infectious agents like measles), they can have immune systems that

are overactive (e.g., the kid who never gets sick) and they also exhibit autoimmunity (Dr. Anne Connolly demonstrated that children with autism can have autoantibodies to brain--which means that their own immune systems are attacking cells in their brains). See abstract title below.

Siblings of children on the spectrum are likely to be affected either with autism or some other chronic illness or "psychiatric" diagnosis simply because they are exposed to the same environmental factors as their sibling on the spectrum (e.g. altered gut flora of the mother, environmental toxins, vaccine schedule, etc.). I can talk to you more about how to prevent autism in your four month old further if you are interested. Rule number one: NO antibiotics (or other gut flora-altering medications) unless absolutely necessary.

For more information see: www.acompromisedgeneration.com and www.epidemicanswers.org. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Beth Lambert

Author, A Compromised Generation: The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children

www.epidemicanswers.org

Biol Psychiatry. 2006 Feb 15;59(4):354-63. Epub 2005 Sep 21.

Connolly AM, Chez M, Streif EM, Keeling RM, Golumbek PT, Kwon JM, Riviello JJ, RG, Neuman RJ, Deuel RM.

I recently read on a facebook page someones belief on Autism/Vaccines that has me even more worried and wanted to get some others opinions on it. I'm not sure what I think of this...he stated that he believes the connection of Autism and Vaccines is not through the heavy metals but from the altered viruses (which could make sense). But he continued to say that because of this Autism is an infectious disease (from contracting these altered viruses) and this explains why unvaccinated siblings of those with Autism sometimes still get Autism. I have a five year old with Autism, he had gotten measles from his MMR and he has chronically swollen lymph nodes in his neck which makes me think he definitely has some kind of on going infection. I also have a four month old non vaccinated son who I am trying to prevent Autism in. What are your thoughts on this and how many of you have seen such thing with your children (vaccinated and non vaccinated)? Is there any

other precautions to take in this case aside from not vaccinating? Thank you for any input!! a

Beth,

Thank you so much for this information! I am doing a lot of this already, some toxins are just hard to avoid and it makes me sick! I am a vegetarian and eat a mostly organic diet, however, I do sometimes eat a lot of refined white flour, so I need to change that. I also gave in to a lot of unhealthy sugary cravings toward the end of my pregnancy :(. Are pjs required to have "flame retardant" listed on the tag? I have avoided most medication but had to have c-section so I had the epidural, and antibiotics and some of the pain medication with that. I was on probiotics throughout pregnancy and continue to take them everyday. I just started my baby on them as well. He does not show any signs of food sensitivities yet, though he does have nasal congestion sometimes which I wonder about? I am also taking some vitamin d supps to get my levels up and I sometimes give them to baby (not everyday).

Again, I really appreciate all this information...it helps to reassure me and ease my mind! a Kunselman

From: Beth Lambert <beth1lambert@...>Vaccinations Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 3:43:20 PMSubject: Re: Autism

a,

A Compromised Generation is available online at Amazon, and Nobles and Borders (as well as from www.sentientpublications.com) but some retail outlets carry it too. There is a chapter in there on how to prevent illness (including autism) written by Kobliner, RD.

1) No antibiotics, prevacid, prilosec (these are reflux meds), steroid medications or other medications that could cause gut dysbiosis (an imbalance in the microorganisms in the gut). This goes for the mother as well if nursing.

2) If mother is nursing, be sure to isolate any food sensitivities that the baby has (e.g. does baby have any symptoms like eczema, colic, reflux, blood in stool, etc.? these are a red flag for food sensitivities). Eliminate any suspected food allergies/sensitivities from both mother and babies diet.

3) Eliminate any/all possible toxins in the home (e.g., flame retardants on zip up PJs, canned foods [bPA exposure], aluminum cooking pans/utensils, PVC/plastics, household cleaners and other toxins, have water tested for heavy metals/chlorine/flouride, check for lead paint exposures, etc.). Mother needs to eliminate toxic exposures in personal products (e.g., deodorant, makeup, shampoos, etc.)

4) Nursing mother and baby should eat as much organic/pastured CLEAN food as possible (e.g., NO tuna or other sources of mercury in seafood, stay away from conventional chicken [source of arsenic and lead], eat only organic produce if possible, especially the "dirty dozen" http://static.foodnews.org/pdf/EWG-shoppers-guide.pdf, etc.)

5) Consider avoiding/delaying vaccinations --especially the flu vaccine. A child on an antibiotic (or recently on one) should NEVER be vaccinated. Good gut health, and a low toxic burden is absolutely critical for anyone who is going to be vaccinated.

7) Do everything you can to ensure that your baby has good gut health. How? probiotics first and foremost, then a diet high in fruits and vegetables (for both nursing mom and baby) and low in refined carbohydrates (anything with white flour in it) and low in processed foods. No GMOS if possible (most conventional soy, corn, and a lot of canola is GMO).

8) Vitamin D--get levels of nursing mom and baby checked. Levels of D3 should be between 50 and 100 per Dr. Hollick of Boston University and Vitamin D Council.

hope this is helpful.

Beth

From: "shawna_kunselman@..." <shawna_kunselman@...>Vaccinations Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 11:22:17 AMSubject: Re: Autism

<Vaccinations >

ReplyVaccinations

a,

My book, A Compromised Generation: The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children, explains what causes autism (it is a 'perfect storm' of environmental factors). The reason why this man believes that autism is an infectious disease is because they have found chronic infections (like Lyme and coinfectors, the new virus he refers to, etc.) in children with autism. It is not so much that the autism is caused by infectious agents, rather, it is that children with autism have compromised immune systems (due to gut dysbiosis, environmental toxin exposure and other factors, including vaccines) which cannot "kick out" these infectious agents. In fact, children with autism have dysregulated immune systems, which simply means that their immune systems are not operating properly. This can mean that they have underactive immune systems (can't kick out infectious agents like measles), they can have immune systems that

are overactive (e.g., the kid who never gets sick) and they also exhibit autoimmunity (Dr. Anne Connolly demonstrated that children with autism can have autoantibodies to brain--which means that their own immune systems are attacking cells in their brains). See abstract title below.

Siblings of children on the spectrum are likely to be affected either with autism or some other chronic illness or "psychiatric" diagnosis simply because they are exposed to the same environmental factors as their sibling on the spectrum (e.g. altered gut flora of the mother, environmental toxins, vaccine schedule, etc.). I can talk to you more about how to prevent autism in your four month old further if you are interested. Rule number one: NO antibiotics (or other gut flora-altering medications) unless absolutely necessary.

For more information see: www.acompromisedgeneration.com and www.epidemicanswers.org. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Beth Lambert

Author, A Compromised Generation: The Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children

www.epidemicanswers.org

Biol Psychiatry. 2006 Feb 15;59(4):354-63. Epub 2005 Sep 21.

Connolly AM, Chez M, Streif EM, Keeling RM, Golumbek PT, Kwon JM, Riviello JJ, RG, Neuman RJ, Deuel RM.

From: shawna <shawna_kunselman@...>Vaccinations Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 10:34:04 AMSubject: Autism

I recently read on a facebook page someones belief on Autism/Vaccines that has me even more worried and wanted to get some others opinions on it. I'm not sure what I think of this...he stated that he believes the connection of Autism and Vaccines is not through the heavy metals but from the altered viruses (which could make sense). But he continued to say that because of this Autism is an infectious disease (from contracting these altered viruses) and this explains why unvaccinated siblings of those with Autism sometimes still get Autism. I have a five year old with Autism, he had gotten measles from his MMR and he has chronically swollen lymph nodes in his neck which makes me think he definitely has some kind of on going infection. I also have a four month old non vaccinated son who I am trying to prevent Autism in. What are your thoughts on this and how many of you have seen such thing with your children (vaccinated and non vaccinated)? Is there any

other precautions to take in this case aside from not vaccinating? Thank you for any input!! a

Winnie,

Thanks for your input! I am beginning to feel a little more reassured...I did not receive any vaccines during or after my pregnancy and niether has my baby. I do have the mercury fillings that have been in my mouth for years and I have been concerned about that! I had always heard so many conflicting arguements about having them removed though. The area I live in is extremely limited with doctors who can help my son, however, I have taken him to a holistic doctor in Dallas and we are following some of her protocol. Also, I take him to a chiropracter every week, I give him lymphatic massages and am about to start acupuncture. I also have started him on some Olive leaf extract for the on going viruses. As for my baby, I have no doctor for him because EVERY pediatrician in my town refuses to take him unvaccinated and Family Practice doctors here do not start seeing

kids until 7 years old. ugghhh.... a Kunselman

From: "wharrison@..." <wharrison@...>Vaccinations Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 10:48:55 AMSubject: Re: Autism

Well, that is more of an opinion he has than fact. It is not only mercury in vaccines that can cause autism but the MMR, which does not have mercury in it. It could also be because those who vaccinate with the MMR also probably vaccinate with mercury-containing vaccines and the combo can cause autism.

Winnie AutismVaccinations > I recently read on a facebook page someones belief on > Autism/Vaccines that has me even more worried and wanted to get > some others opinions on it. I'm not sure what I think of > this...he stated that he believes the connection of Autism and > Vaccines is not through the heavy metals but from the altered > viruses (which could make sense). But he continued to say that > because of this Autism is an infectious disease (from > contracting these altered viruses) and this explains why > unvaccinated siblings of those with Autism sometimes still get > Autism. I have a five year old with Autism, he had gotten > measles from his MMR and he has chronically swollen lymph nodes > in his neck which makes

me think he definitely has some kind of > on going infection. I also have a four month old non vaccinated > son who I am trying to prevent Autism in. What are your thoughts > on this and how many of you have seen such thing with your > children (vaccinated and non vaccinated)? Is there any other > precautions to take in this case aside from not vaccinating? > Thank you for any input!! a> >