RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Enough Already

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, I want to thank you being brave enough to share your experience. I am going down Monday to be sleeved and I am glad that I am better prepared for what MIGHT happen. I hope that my experience is as wonderful as some of the others that were posted.

I am not nervous about going down. This is a dream come true for me and I cannot wait to have this done and to start the beginning of my new life.Thanks to all who post for sharing your questions and experiences with all of us who read them.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers for my upcoming tripThanksOn Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Krogman <sakrogman@...> wrote:

People are saying that I have a bad attitude, but I don't understand

how my stating facts about my trip transfer to me having a bad attitude.

- How does Ernesto driving 90 while passing someone with oncoming

traffic transfer to me as having a bad attitude? This didn't happen

once, but happened for my entire trip down and back.

- How does the fact the hotel smelled like smoke and gave us both

headaches a problem with my attitude? I couldn't change it, I was

just stating a fact.

- How does the fact that the nurse wasn't wearing gloves while taking

my blood mean that I have a bad attitude? I was just making a

statement of what I noticed and then get attacked and called a liar on

here.

- I never said anything about sharps containers. I said I didn't see

any toxic wastebaskets for blood - meaning all of my blood covered

items went directly into my trash...and why does this fact mean I have

a bad attitude?

- Yeah, I felt like crap for 3 days, but you can ask others that were

there I was always friendly and most of the time had a smile on my

face...how is this a bad attitude?

I never even said I had a bad experience. Maybe the people reading

what I went through in their owns minds would have labeled it a 'bad'

experience, but I said nothing of the sort. I was just tell 'my

experience'.

I've been emailed by people who agreed with almost everything I wrote,

so I know I'm not the only one here. Everyone else is just afraid of

what people will say, and figure it's not worth the effort. The

feeling is, if you don't have anything but perfection to say, don't

say anything at all...or else.

All in all, I'm glad I went and I'm very happy to now be sleeved.

>

> I just had surgery with Dr. Aceves one week ago today. I was sleeved

> on the 22nd. I honestly don't know why people on the boards write

> that it's such a great experience.. .it's a HARD few days! Everything

> they write is pretty accurate as far as the schedule:

>

> - You fly into San Diego.

>

> - Ernesto picks you up and then drives like a mad-man to Mexicali,

> he'll actually drive you right to the hospital.

>

> - You then go inside and be seated and given a clear vial/cup to pee

> in. Once you come out of the bathroom, holding your yellowish filled

> cup (and everyone else being right there to see it), will take

> it from you and you're on to step 2.

>

> - Step 2 is them taking blood samples. The lady that took my blood

> had no gloves on and had a big syringe that she stuck my left hand

> and filled up. Then took that and filled 3 smaller vials. Although

> she did a great job with only sticking me once to get my blood, it

> was a quite different than the US with the lack of gloves and

> treating blood like toxic waste. I didn't see any of the 'red toxic

> wastebaskets' you see here in the US to discard stuff with blood in

> or on it.

>

> - After having your blood drawn, you'll be taken to get weighed, have

> an x-ray and an ekg- Then you all get together and meet in a room

> with Yolanda and she gives you some paperwork to fill out later that

> night and you fork over the money. Yolanda is fantastic.

>

> - After you're done there, Ernesto takes you on a wild 'stop-and-go

> filled' ride through the streets of Mexico to the hotel.

>

> - You'll have some time to relax at the hotel. There's several

> places to eat that are all part of the hotel. The hotel is actually

> really nice on the outside, but our room smelled horribly like smoke

> and instantly give my wife and I headaches. We tried to explain it

> to the staff and to get them to spray something in there to make it

> better...Not sure what they sprayed, but it was worse than the smoke-

> smell. We decided to get out of there and get something to eat! You

> can eat anything that night.

>

> - At 7:40 that night Dr. Campos came and met with all of us in a

> conference room at the hotel. He talked about the procedures a

> little and answered a few questions. Lasted about 40 minutes. He

> seemed like he was ready to leave, and kind of cut our questions

> short...but later my wife and I assumed he wanted to get to bed for a

> long next day.

>

> - 7 am the next day Ernesto will pick you up and take you to the

> hospital and taken to a room.

>

> - Then Dr. Aceves (this is the first time I saw him) will meet with

> everyone in 1 room and talk about what's going to happen. There were

> 3 sleeves and a band when I was there. He wouldn't tell us the order

> or who was going first, you just have to go back to your room and

> wait for them to come get you. Well, we knew the band was going

> first, but he wouldn't tell us the order of the sleeves.- Then they

> wheel you off . . . and . . . then you wake up in the recovery room.

>

> - I was very out of it - had a VERY hard time keeping my eyes open.

>

> - The rest of the day was pretty rough on me. I had pretty much non-

> stop dry heaves, and once I threw up a bunch of blood. It was a

> really bad experience. My wife called in a nurse when I puked all

> the blood and she said 'it's normal'. Dumped it out, rinsed it in

> our sink and put the container on a shelf up above the toilet. We

> weren't given a new one (and the sink where it was rinsed was the

> sink we were using for brushing our teeth, washing our hands, etc.

> Didn't seem very sanitary - but I'm used to the GOOD 'OL USA!

>

> - After more dry heaves and passing in and out of consciousness I

> think the day finally ended.

>

> - time to recover.

>

> I had my sleeve done on the 22nd and left the hospital on the 25th.

> On the 24th, I was NOT looking forward to Ernesto and his driving

> techniques driving me back to the airport the next day. I really

> didn't feel well enough to do it. After surgery on the 22nd, and all

> through the 24th, were really hard days for me.

>

> I went to sleep on the 24th about 8:40 and woke up about 3:30 am

> ready to get the heck back into the States. I took a shower (at

> about 3:45) and turned on the tv afterwards. I guess I didn't give

> much thought to my wife trying to sleep, I was ready to start the

> day! I actually felt pretty good the 25th and made the 11 hour trip

> back to my house with no problems.

>

> While in the hospital, we were pretty much left alone (Dr's didn't

> come check on us like they did with everyone else writing comments).

> After my surgery, I only saw Dr. Aceves 3 times, and 2 of those times

> were in 'passing' while I was out trying to walk around. Dr. Campos

> came in my room maybe once a day, and a couple times the day before

> we were to leave. I think there was another Dr. who stopped in once

> or twice. NOTHING like the 4-5 times per day other people are

> saying.

>

> I felt I had a lot of questions on what was going on with my stomach

> post-op, but when trying to ask the questions, said it was normal and

> I'll have to figure it out...GREAT, THANKS!

>

> Other times when asking questions to the Dr.'s, I felt they didn't

> really understand my question and were quick to answer with

> a 'standard' response and get the heck outta my room.

>

> The 2nd night around 8pm I was brushed off by a couple staff

> members. After being able to get the start of a bowel movement out,

> but it being 'stuck' because I was unable to push ... couldn't push

> because my stomach hurt way too much (from surgery and from dry-

> heaving so much). I asked for some stool softener so I could get it

> out. They didn't know what that was, so they were going to check

> into it with someone else. Then came back and said it was just gas,

> and it's normal. REAL NICE..... I THINK I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON

> WITH MY BODY. I REALLY felt brushed off and upset with the

> situation. I went to sleep, but got up at 11pm and was finally able

> to get it out. And no, it wasn't gas....

>

> The language barrier pretty much SUCKS....just know that going into

> it. Or, if you know fluent Spanish, more power to you - you'll be

> fine.

>

> Yes, they clean the floors a lot. Smells horrible and stinks up your

> room several times a day.

>

> Whether I'd do it again in Mexicali or not, I don't know. I think

> Dr. Aceves is pretty knowledgeable and skilled at what he does, but I

> assume there are other Dr.'s with the same competance/experien ce.

>

> My wife would say there's NO WAY she'd want to do it again in

> Mexicali. I'm just trying to give you the most information I can on

> how everything went and let you make your own decision on it.

>

> As for the surgery itself, I'm glad I'm through with it and am

> looking forward to getting my life back as a thinner person.

>

Guest guest

I read your original note and did not see you as having a bad attitude. I saw you as a very observant person. Your experience was different from mine and I appreciate your input. Thank you for having the courage to put it out there and continue in the discussion. Lois

From: Krogman <sakrogman@...>Subject: Re: Enough already Date: Friday, October 31, 2008, 6:41 AM

People are saying that I have a bad attitude, but I don't understandhow my stating facts about my trip transfer to me having a bad attitude. - How does Ernesto driving 90 while passing someone with oncomingtraffic transfer to me as having a bad attitude? This didn't happenonce, but happened for my entire trip down and back. - How does the fact the hotel smelled like smoke and gave us bothheadaches a problem with my attitude? I couldn't change it, I wasjust stating a fact.- How does the fact that the nurse wasn't wearing gloves while takingmy blood mean that I have a bad attitude? I was just making astatement of what I noticed and then get attacked and called a liar onhere.- I never said anything about sharps containers. I said I didn't seeany toxic wastebaskets for blood - meaning all of my blood covereditems went directly into my trash...and why does this fact mean I havea

bad attitude?- Yeah, I felt like crap for 3 days, but you can ask others that werethere I was always friendly and most of the time had a smile on myface...how is this a bad attitude?I never even said I had a bad experience. Maybe the people readingwhat I went through in their owns minds would have labeled it a 'bad'experience, but I said nothing of the sort. I was just tell 'myexperience'.I've been emailed by people who agreed with almost everything I wrote,so I know I'm not the only one here. Everyone else is just afraid ofwhat people will say, and figure it's not worth the effort. Thefeeling is, if you don't have anything but perfection to say, don'tsay anything at all...or else.All in all, I'm glad I went and I'm very happy to now be sleeved.> > I just had surgery with Dr. Aceves one week ago today. I was sleeved > on the 22nd. I honestly don't know why people on the boards write > that it's such a great experience.. .it's a HARD few days! Everything > they write is pretty accurate as far as the schedule: > > - You fly into San Diego.> > - Ernesto picks you up and then drives like a mad-man to Mexicali, > he'll actually drive you right to the hospital.> > - You then go inside and be seated and given a clear vial/cup to pee > in. Once you come out of the bathroom, holding your yellowish filled > cup (and everyone else being right there to see it), will take > it from you and you're on to step 2.> > - Step 2 is them taking blood samples. The lady that took my blood > had no gloves

on and had a big syringe that she stuck my left hand > and filled up. Then took that and filled 3 smaller vials. Although > she did a great job with only sticking me once to get my blood, it > was a quite different than the US with the lack of gloves and > treating blood like toxic waste. I didn't see any of the 'red toxic > wastebaskets' you see here in the US to discard stuff with blood in > or on it.> > - After having your blood drawn, you'll be taken to get weighed, have > an x-ray and an ekg- Then you all get together and meet in a room > with Yolanda and she gives you some paperwork to fill out later that > night and you fork over the money. Yolanda is fantastic.> > - After you're done there, Ernesto takes you on a wild 'stop-and-go > filled' ride through the streets of Mexico to the hotel. > > - You'll have some time to relax at the

hotel. There's several > places to eat that are all part of the hotel. The hotel is actually > really nice on the outside, but our room smelled horribly like smoke > and instantly give my wife and I headaches. We tried to explain it > to the staff and to get them to spray something in there to make it > better...Not sure what they sprayed, but it was worse than the smoke-> smell. We decided to get out of there and get something to eat! You > can eat anything that night.> > - At 7:40 that night Dr. Campos came and met with all of us in a > conference room at the hotel. He talked about the procedures a > little and answered a few questions. Lasted about 40 minutes. He > seemed like he was ready to leave, and kind of cut our questions > short...but later my wife and I assumed he wanted to get to bed for a > long next day.> > - 7 am the next day

Ernesto will pick you up and take you to the > hospital and taken to a room.> > - Then Dr. Aceves (this is the first time I saw him) will meet with > everyone in 1 room and talk about what's going to happen. There were > 3 sleeves and a band when I was there. He wouldn't tell us the order > or who was going first, you just have to go back to your room and > wait for them to come get you. Well, we knew the band was going > first, but he wouldn't tell us the order of the sleeves.- Then they > wheel you off . . . and . . . then you wake up in the recovery room.> > - I was very out of it - had a VERY hard time keeping my eyes open. > > - The rest of the day was pretty rough on me. I had pretty much non-> stop dry heaves, and once I threw up a bunch of blood. It was a > really bad experience. My wife called in a nurse when I puked all > the blood

and she said 'it's normal'. Dumped it out, rinsed it in > our sink and put the container on a shelf up above the toilet. We > weren't given a new one (and the sink where it was rinsed was the > sink we were using for brushing our teeth, washing our hands, etc. > Didn't seem very sanitary - but I'm used to the GOOD 'OL USA!> > - After more dry heaves and passing in and out of consciousness I > think the day finally ended.> > - time to recover. > > I had my sleeve done on the 22nd and left the hospital on the 25th. > On the 24th, I was NOT looking forward to Ernesto and his driving > techniques driving me back to the airport the next day. I really > didn't feel well enough to do it. After surgery on the 22nd, and all > through the 24th, were really hard days for me. > > I went to sleep on the 24th about 8:40 and woke up about 3:30 am

> ready to get the heck back into the States. I took a shower (at > about 3:45) and turned on the tv afterwards. I guess I didn't give > much thought to my wife trying to sleep, I was ready to start the > day! I actually felt pretty good the 25th and made the 11 hour trip > back to my house with no problems. > > While in the hospital, we were pretty much left alone (Dr's didn't > come check on us like they did with everyone else writing comments). > After my surgery, I only saw Dr. Aceves 3 times, and 2 of those times > were in 'passing' while I was out trying to walk around. Dr. Campos > came in my room maybe once a day, and a couple times the day before > we were to leave. I think there was another Dr. who stopped in once > or twice. NOTHING like the 4-5 times per day other people are > saying. > > I felt I had a lot of questions on what was

going on with my stomach > post-op, but when trying to ask the questions, said it was normal and > I'll have to figure it out...GREAT, THANKS! > > Other times when asking questions to the Dr.'s, I felt they didn't > really understand my question and were quick to answer with > a 'standard' response and get the heck outta my room. > > The 2nd night around 8pm I was brushed off by a couple staff > members. After being able to get the start of a bowel movement out, > but it being 'stuck' because I was unable to push ... couldn't push > because my stomach hurt way too much (from surgery and from dry-> heaving so much). I asked for some stool softener so I could get it > out. They didn't know what that was, so they were going to check > into it with someone else. Then came back and said it was just gas, > and it's normal. REAL NICE..... I THINK I KNOW

WHAT'S GOING ON > WITH MY BODY. I REALLY felt brushed off and upset with the > situation. I went to sleep, but got up at 11pm and was finally able > to get it out. And no, it wasn't gas.... > > The language barrier pretty much SUCKS....just know that going into > it. Or, if you know fluent Spanish, more power to you - you'll be > fine. > > Yes, they clean the floors a lot. Smells horrible and stinks up your > room several times a day. > > Whether I'd do it again in Mexicali or not, I don't know. I think > Dr. Aceves is pretty knowledgeable and skilled at what he does, but I > assume there are other Dr.'s with the same competance/experien ce. > > My wife would say there's NO WAY she'd want to do it again in > Mexicali. I'm just trying to give you the most information I can on > how everything went and let you make your own

decision on it. > > As for the surgery itself, I'm glad I'm through with it and am > looking forward to getting my life back as a thinner person.>

Guest guest

Well Easy!!!! if you are so used to the USA and you loved it why did you go to have it done in Mexico???????

Let me just say normally people get out what they put in??? believe me if you are looking for something wrong you will find it even in Heaven does it make any sense?

I was there and I had a GREAT!!! time all around yes you are in pain but they were so nice and helpfull that make it all better and I went there all by myself....

From: Krogman <sakrogman@...>Subject: Re: Enough already Date: Friday, October 31, 2008, 9:41 AM

People are saying that I have a bad attitude, but I don't understandhow my stating facts about my trip transfer to me having a bad attitude. - How does Ernesto driving 90 while passing someone with oncomingtraffic transfer to me as having a bad attitude? This didn't happenonce, but happened for my entire trip down and back. - How does the fact the hotel smelled like smoke and gave us bothheadaches a problem with my attitude? I couldn't change it, I wasjust stating a fact.- How does the fact that the nurse wasn't wearing gloves while takingmy blood mean that I have a bad attitude? I was just making astatement of what I noticed and then get attacked and called a liar onhere.- I never said anything about sharps containers. I said I didn't seeany toxic wastebaskets for blood - meaning all of my blood covereditems went directly into my trash...and why does this fact mean I havea

bad attitude?- Yeah, I felt like crap for 3 days, but you can ask others that werethere I was always friendly and most of the time had a smile on myface...how is this a bad attitude?I never even said I had a bad experience. Maybe the people readingwhat I went through in their owns minds would have labeled it a 'bad'experience, but I said nothing of the sort. I was just tell 'myexperience'.I've been emailed by people who agreed with almost everything I wrote,so I know I'm not the only one here. Everyone else is just afraid ofwhat people will say, and figure it's not worth the effort. Thefeeling is, if you don't have anything but perfection to say, don'tsay anything at all...or else.All in all, I'm glad I went and I'm very happy to now be sleeved.> > I just had surgery with Dr. Aceves one week ago today. I was sleeved > on the 22nd. I honestly don't know why people on the boards write > that it's such a great experience.. .it's a HARD few days! Everything > they write is pretty accurate as far as the schedule: > > - You fly into San Diego.> > - Ernesto picks you up and then drives like a mad-man to Mexicali, > he'll actually drive you right to the hospital.> > - You then go inside and be seated and given a clear vial/cup to pee > in. Once you come out of the bathroom, holding your yellowish filled > cup (and everyone else being right there to see it), will take > it from you and you're on to step 2.> > - Step 2 is them taking blood samples. The lady that took my blood > had no gloves

on and had a big syringe that she stuck my left hand > and filled up. Then took that and filled 3 smaller vials. Although > she did a great job with only sticking me once to get my blood, it > was a quite different than the US with the lack of gloves and > treating blood like toxic waste. I didn't see any of the 'red toxic > wastebaskets' you see here in the US to discard stuff with blood in > or on it.> > - After having your blood drawn, you'll be taken to get weighed, have > an x-ray and an ekg- Then you all get together and meet in a room > with Yolanda and she gives you some paperwork to fill out later that > night and you fork over the money. Yolanda is fantastic.> > - After you're done there, Ernesto takes you on a wild 'stop-and-go > filled' ride through the streets of Mexico to the hotel. > > - You'll have some time to relax at the

hotel. There's several > places to eat that are all part of the hotel. The hotel is actually > really nice on the outside, but our room smelled horribly like smoke > and instantly give my wife and I headaches. We tried to explain it > to the staff and to get them to spray something in there to make it > better...Not sure what they sprayed, but it was worse than the smoke-> smell. We decided to get out of there and get something to eat! You > can eat anything that night.> > - At 7:40 that night Dr. Campos came and met with all of us in a > conference room at the hotel. He talked about the procedures a > little and answered a few questions. Lasted about 40 minutes. He > seemed like he was ready to leave, and kind of cut our questions > short...but later my wife and I assumed he wanted to get to bed for a > long next day.> > - 7 am the next day

Ernesto will pick you up and take you to the > hospital and taken to a room.> > - Then Dr. Aceves (this is the first time I saw him) will meet with > everyone in 1 room and talk about what's going to happen. There were > 3 sleeves and a band when I was there. He wouldn't tell us the order > or who was going first, you just have to go back to your room and > wait for them to come get you. Well, we knew the band was going > first, but he wouldn't tell us the order of the sleeves.- Then they > wheel you off . . . and . . . then you wake up in the recovery room.> > - I was very out of it - had a VERY hard time keeping my eyes open. > > - The rest of the day was pretty rough on me. I had pretty much non-> stop dry heaves, and once I threw up a bunch of blood. It was a > really bad experience. My wife called in a nurse when I puked all > the blood

and she said 'it's normal'. Dumped it out, rinsed it in > our sink and put the container on a shelf up above the toilet. We > weren't given a new one (and the sink where it was rinsed was the > sink we were using for brushing our teeth, washing our hands, etc. > Didn't seem very sanitary - but I'm used to the GOOD 'OL USA!> > - After more dry heaves and passing in and out of consciousness I > think the day finally ended.> > - time to recover. > > I had my sleeve done on the 22nd and left the hospital on the 25th. > On the 24th, I was NOT looking forward to Ernesto and his driving > techniques driving me back to the airport the next day. I really > didn't feel well enough to do it. After surgery on the 22nd, and all > through the 24th, were really hard days for me. > > I went to sleep on the 24th about 8:40 and woke up about 3:30 am

> ready to get the heck back into the States. I took a shower (at > about 3:45) and turned on the tv afterwards. I guess I didn't give > much thought to my wife trying to sleep, I was ready to start the > day! I actually felt pretty good the 25th and made the 11 hour trip > back to my house with no problems. > > While in the hospital, we were pretty much left alone (Dr's didn't > come check on us like they did with everyone else writing comments). > After my surgery, I only saw Dr. Aceves 3 times, and 2 of those times > were in 'passing' while I was out trying to walk around. Dr. Campos > came in my room maybe once a day, and a couple times the day before > we were to leave. I think there was another Dr. who stopped in once > or twice. NOTHING like the 4-5 times per day other people are > saying. > > I felt I had a lot of questions on what was

going on with my stomach > post-op, but when trying to ask the questions, said it was normal and > I'll have to figure it out...GREAT, THANKS! > > Other times when asking questions to the Dr.'s, I felt they didn't > really understand my question and were quick to answer with > a 'standard' response and get the heck outta my room. > > The 2nd night around 8pm I was brushed off by a couple staff > members. After being able to get the start of a bowel movement out, > but it being 'stuck' because I was unable to push ... couldn't push > because my stomach hurt way too much (from surgery and from dry-> heaving so much). I asked for some stool softener so I could get it > out. They didn't know what that was, so they were going to check > into it with someone else. Then came back and said it was just gas, > and it's normal. REAL NICE..... I THINK I KNOW

WHAT'S GOING ON > WITH MY BODY. I REALLY felt brushed off and upset with the > situation. I went to sleep, but got up at 11pm and was finally able > to get it out. And no, it wasn't gas.... > > The language barrier pretty much SUCKS....just know that going into > it. Or, if you know fluent Spanish, more power to you - you'll be > fine. > > Yes, they clean the floors a lot. Smells horrible and stinks up your > room several times a day. > > Whether I'd do it again in Mexicali or not, I don't know. I think > Dr. Aceves is pretty knowledgeable and skilled at what he does, but I > assume there are other Dr.'s with the same competance/experien ce. > > My wife would say there's NO WAY she'd want to do it again in > Mexicali. I'm just trying to give you the most information I can on > how everything went and let you make your own

decision on it. > > As for the surgery itself, I'm glad I'm through with it and am > looking forward to getting my life back as a thinner person.>

Guest guest

Hi a,I was there with you. glad to see you're doing fine. yes

our food wasn't very good and we were picked up a little late-but if

that's all that went wrong you were blessed. there were so many more

serious things that could have happened. I have learned from

experience not to sweat the small stuff.

>

> I saw my blood being taken without gloves but I knew it wouldn't

> affect me but it could them.

> Dr. Aceves and his whole staff was wonderful. The place is very

clean.

> Having said that I will be honest and give my negatives as well.

> 1. not getting picked up on time. not being picked up where we were

> told to wait. Not having anyone answer my phone calls when I call

> worried about being left. That was bad.

> 2. The hotel. blech. It really did smell like smoke bad and every

area

> of the carpet in my room was stained badly. when I moved the table I

> got to see the actual light color of the carpet. There was no dead

> blot on my door. it was taken off. I piled things in front of the

> entrances to my room. I thought the food at the restaurant I went to

> was pretty bad. It was sad that that was my " last meal "

>

> so those were all the bad things. Remember to bring a swimming suit

if

> you want to swim at the hotel. - a

>

Guest guest

To everyone,

I Just wanted to make a comment about the difference in cultures that

you will experince when you go to Mexico to have a procedure done.

Now I'm not going to bash on anyone, but I have been working as a

nursing student in hospitals for 3 years and I speak a little bit of

spanish (I repeat, a very small amount!)

First off, there is a lot of frustration that I'm hearing about

driving and smells and gloves and language barriers. I would like to

point out from the other perspective that I take care of many spanish

speaking clients in the hospital and language barriers are ALWAYS

present. If you choose to go to mexico for a procedure you should

EXPECT that there will be some language barriers. Hopefully, you can

do a little on your end to be respectful and learn a few words in

spanish. I find it very sad when I read things about how those in the

hospital should be expected to have fluent english skills. Let me

tell you, when I care for a spanish speaking woman hear in the U.S.

it is so rare that there is ANY effective communication going on, so

this is not a problem in mexico, or with Almater, but a cultural

difference that you must embrace if you choose to leave the states

for a procedure.

Also, it IS completley exceptable to throw away dressing changes,

IV's etc in the garbage can. It is actully a misconception that

EVERYTHING with blood on it must be thrown away in special place. I

throw away alot of stuff in the garbage with blood on it when I'm

working (and I work in a great hospital)!

I wanted to comment on the driving issue as well. Because I have

been to Mexico many times I would like to say that the way people

drive, use their horns etc is very different than here in the states.

I would encourge Anyone who feels scared about Ernesto's driving to

kindly say to him " please slow down the van, you are scaring me by

driving so fast " .

Also, I would like to encourage everyone to be their own advocate.

If someone is not putting on gloves (granted, I always saw the nurses

using gloves when appropriate) why don't you say, " hey, I want you to

wear gloves " ....Talk to Yolanda about it if you are really

uncomfortable. You always have the right to request what makes you

feel comfortable. Here in the United States we are so paranoid about

simple things that when we compare the differences between one

hospital and another we can find MANY discrepincies. I believe

strongly in good practice and safety, however, I would caution people

about being upset over a practice (like gloving) that is actually not

necesary all the time.

Another thing that I noticed about the hospital that seems to have

bothered some people is the fact that stuff is not thrown away, or

that is is disposed of down the sink.

" My wife called in a nurse when I puked all

the blood and she said 'it's normal'. Dumped it out, rinsed it in

our sink and put the container on a shelf up above the toilet. We

weren't given a new one (and the sink where it was rinsed was the

sink we were using for brushing our teeth, washing our hands, etc.

Didn't seem very sanitary - but I'm used to the GOOD 'OL USA! "

Although I can understand where this individaul is coming from having

puked and been very upset. The practice of rinsing it out in the sink

is something is okay. I loved Almater becasue they showed me how

incredibly WASTEFUL american hospitals truley are! There is no need

to get a new puke basin. Bottom line. It won't help anything. There

is no sterile procedure involved with vomiting and it is a huge

misconception that we must have a new EVERYTHING the second it has

been used. It's okay that it was rinsed in the sink, I do that here

in the Good old USA. I was actually so impressed with the reuse of

supplies and the careful management of cleanliness in the hospital,

I'm a little bit embarassed at how wasteful the hospitals are here in

the USA.(+ those cleaning ladies probably cleaned that sink twice the

very same day :).....they were obsessed :)

All that I'm trying to say is that I think you have to openn up your

perspective a little on how things WILL be different if you choose to

have a procedure in another country. I honestly hope that all of you

whom had a bad experince can somehow learn to look at the

positives...Maybe the experince was not what you had wanted, but

hopefully you will have the most amazing life (hopefully longer and

healthier) and incredible experiences because of this surgery.

Much love to all, Helena

DOB: 10-24-08

In , Bipley <Bipley@...> wrote:

>

> Hi ...

>

> I have to agree. I think that sometimes when patients have surgery

they are

> not at their best.

>

> A few issues. The gloves during a blood draw are to protect the

staff, not

> the patient. It is the patient's blood that staff are protecting

themselves

> against during a blood draw, thus the gloves.

>

> The sharps containers are in every room, I've been to Mexicali many

many

> times for fills when I had a band and twice for surgery. I've been

in OR

> when my friends had surgery, I've been with four friends when they

had

> surgery for their entire stay. I think maybe is looking for

red waste

> baskets and that's not what typical hospitals have in patient

rooms, it's a

> sharps container that is bolted to the wall of every patient room.

>

> ... one thing I have to say is that I don't understand why

every aspect

> of your surgery was so negative. I have had surgery there twice

and my

> experience was nothing like what you are talking about. I will

tell you

> that I do not appreciate your telling us we are sugar coating our

own

> experiences. I'm about as blunt as they come (go ahead, find ONE

person

> that doesn't agree with that statement! <g>) and I call 'em as I

see 'em.

> Has anyone here ever once not seen me be blunt and to the point? I

am not

> understanding why you think everyone around you is sugar coating

their

> experiences and only you are being honest.

>

> I'm very sorry that you had such a negative experience and poor

care. It is

> just so very different from our experiences and Dr. Aceves'

reputation. I'm

> actually quite sorry that the only positive you experienced in 4

days was

> Yolanda. Perhaps you should talk to Dr. Aceves about this so

others are not

> treated as you apparently were.

>

>

> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:12 AM, J Currie <giftedtch@...> wrote:

>

> > Wow. I have to just say a couple of things here. I was also

at the

> > hospital at the same time this gentleman was and my experience

was totally

> > different than what he has indicated. I am really sorry he had

such a hard

> > time and I'm sure he was pretty miserable.

> >

> > My trip to Mexicali, to Hospital Almater, last week was my 10th

visit. I

> > have been in many hospitals, under many physician's care, and

have had many

> > procedures and or surgeries. I *chose* to go across the country

to Mexico

> > because the level of care far surpasses any I have seen anywhere

else.

> > Again, I am sorry that Mr. Krogman's expereince was so bad. I

could

> > understand being upset with a few things but to find fault with

every aspect

> > (except one, that being Yolanda) makes me kind of wonder if some

of it was

> > simply patient attitude.

> >

> > Just my two cents worth and I am really not trying to make waves

here.

> > I've just never witnessed what is described in this email during

any of the

> > 10 visits (and several admissions) to this hospital.

> >

> > If I can help in anyway, please don't hesitate to ask.

> >

> > Jenni Currie

> > DOB 2/23/06

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I just had surgery with Dr. Aceves one week ago today. I was

sleeved

> > on the 22nd. I honestly don't know why people on the boards write

> > that it's such a great experience.. .it's a HARD few days!

Everything

> > they write is pretty accurate as far as the schedule:

> >

> > - You fly into San Diego.

> >

> > - Ernesto picks you up and then drives like a mad-man to Mexicali,

> > he'll actually drive you right to the hospital.

> >

> > - You then go inside and be seated and given a clear vial/cup to

pee

> > in. Once you come out of the bathroom, holding your yellowish

filled

> > cup (and everyone else being right there to see it), will

take

> > it from you and you're on to step 2.

> >

> > - Step 2 is them taking blood samples. The lady that took my blood

> > had no gloves on and had a big syringe that she stuck my left hand

> > and filled up. Then took that and filled 3 smaller vials. Although

> > she did a great job with only sticking me once to get my blood, it

> > was a quite different than the US with the lack of gloves and

> > treating blood like toxic waste. I didn't see any of the 'red

toxic

> > wastebaskets' you see here in the US to discard stuff with blood

in

> > or on it.

> >

> > - After having your blood drawn, you'll be taken to get weighed,

have

> > an x-ray and an ekg- Then you all get together and meet in a room

> > with Yolanda and she gives you some paperwork to fill out later

that

> > night and you fork over the money. Yolanda is fantastic.

> >

> > - After you're done there, Ernesto takes you on a wild 'stop-and-

go

> > filled' ride through the streets of Mexico to the hotel.

> >

> > - You'll have some time to relax at the hotel. There's several

> > places to eat that are all part of the hotel. The hotel is

actually

> > really nice on the outside, but our room smelled horribly like

smoke

> > and instantly give my wife and I headaches. We tried to explain it

> > to the staff and to get them to spray something in there to make

it

> > better...Not sure what they sprayed, but it was worse than the

smoke-

> > smell. We decided to get out of there and get something to eat!

You

> > can eat anything that night.

> >

> > - At 7:40 that night Dr. Campos came and met with all of us in a

> > conference room at the hotel. He talked about the procedures a

> > little and answered a few questions. Lasted about 40 minutes. He

> > seemed like he was ready to leave, and kind of cut our questions

> > short...but later my wife and I assumed he wanted to get to bed

for a

> > long next day.

> >

> > - 7 am the next day Ernesto will pick you up and take you to the

> > hospital and taken to a room.

> >

> > - Then Dr. Aceves (this is the first time I saw him) will meet

with

> > everyone in 1 room and talk about what's going to happen. There

were

> > 3 sleeves and a band when I was there. He wouldn't tell us the

order

> > or who was going first, you just have to go back to your room and

> > wait for them to come get you. Well, we knew the band was going

> > first, but he wouldn't tell us the order of the sleeves.- Then

they

> > wheel you off . . . and . . . then you wake up in the recovery

room.

> >

> > - I was very out of it - had a VERY hard time keeping my eyes

open.

> >

> > - The rest of the day was pretty rough on me. I had pretty much

non-

> > stop dry heaves, and once I threw up a bunch of blood. It was a

> > really bad experience. My wife called in a nurse when I puked all

> > the blood and she said 'it's normal'. Dumped it out, rinsed it in

> > our sink and put the container on a shelf up above the toilet. We

> > weren't given a new one (and the sink where it was rinsed was the

> > sink we were using for brushing our teeth, washing our hands, etc.

> > Didn't seem very sanitary - but I'm used to the GOOD 'OL USA!

> >

> > - After more dry heaves and passing in and out of consciousness I

> > think the day finally ended.

> >

> > - time to recover.

> >

> > I had my sleeve done on the 22nd and left the hospital on the

25th.

> > On the 24th, I was NOT looking forward to Ernesto and his driving

> > techniques driving me back to the airport the next day. I really

> > didn't feel well enough to do it. After surgery on the 22nd, and

all

> > through the 24th, were really hard days for me.

> >

> > I went to sleep on the 24th about 8:40 and woke up about 3:30 am

> > ready to get the heck back into the States. I took a shower (at

> > about 3:45) and turned on the tv afterwards. I guess I didn't give

> > much thought to my wife trying to sleep, I was ready to start the

> > day! I actually felt pretty good the 25th and made the 11 hour

trip

> > back to my house with no problems.

> >

> > While in the hospital, we were pretty much left alone (Dr's didn't

> > come check on us like they did with everyone else writing

comments).

> > After my surgery, I only saw Dr. Aceves 3 times, and 2 of those

times

> > were in 'passing' while I was out trying to walk around. Dr.

Campos

> > came in my room maybe once a day, and a couple times the day

before

> > we were to leave. I think there was another Dr. who stopped in

once

> > or twice. NOTHING like the 4-5 times per day other people are

> > saying.

> >

> > I felt I had a lot of questions on what was going on with my

stomach

> > post-op, but when trying to ask the questions, said it was normal

and

> > I'll have to figure it out...GREAT, THANKS!

> >

> > Other times when asking questions to the Dr.'s, I felt they didn't

> > really understand my question and were quick to answer with

> > a 'standard' response and get the heck outta my room.

> >

> > The 2nd night around 8pm I was brushed off by a couple staff

> > members. After being able to get the start of a bowel movement

out,

> > but it being 'stuck' because I was unable to push ... couldn't

push

> > because my stomach hurt way too much (from surgery and from dry-

> > heaving so much). I asked for some stool softener so I could get

it

> > out. They didn't know what that was, so they were going to check

> > into it with someone else. Then came back and said it was just

gas,

> > and it's normal. REAL NICE..... I THINK I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON

> > WITH MY BODY. I REALLY felt brushed off and upset with the

> > situation. I went to sleep, but got up at 11pm and was finally

able

> > to get it out. And no, it wasn't gas....

> >

> > The language barrier pretty much SUCKS....just know that going

into

> > it. Or, if you know fluent Spanish, more power to you - you'll be

> > fine.

> >

> > Yes, they clean the floors a lot. Smells horrible and stinks up

your

> > room several times a day.

> >

> > Whether I'd do it again in Mexicali or not, I don't know. I think

> > Dr. Aceves is pretty knowledgeable and skilled at what he does,

but I

> > assume there are other Dr.'s with the same competance/experien ce.

> >

> > My wife would say there's NO WAY she'd want to do it again in

> > Mexicali. I'm just trying to give you the most information I can

on

> > how everything went and let you make your own decision on it.

> >

> > As for the surgery itself, I'm glad I'm through with it and am

> > looking forward to getting my life back as a thinner person.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

OMG, thank you thank you thank you.You spelled it out well.You are going to make a fantastic nurse, you are very realistic and right on the money!On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 2:51 PM, classpassion <classpassion@...> wrote:

To everyone,

I Just wanted to make a comment about the difference in cultures that

you will experince when you go to Mexico to have a procedure done.

Now I'm not going to bash on anyone, but I have been working as a

nursing student in hospitals for 3 years and I speak a little bit of

spanish (I repeat, a very small amount!)

First off, there is a lot of frustration that I'm hearing about

driving and smells and gloves and language barriers. I would like to

point out from the other perspective that I take care of many spanish

speaking clients in the hospital and language barriers are ALWAYS

present. If you choose to go to mexico for a procedure you should

EXPECT that there will be some language barriers. Hopefully, you can

do a little on your end to be respectful and learn a few words in

spanish. I find it very sad when I read things about how those in the

hospital should be expected to have fluent english skills. Let me

tell you, when I care for a spanish speaking woman hear in the U.S.

it is so rare that there is ANY effective communication going on, so

this is not a problem in mexico, or with Almater, but a cultural

difference that you must embrace if you choose to leave the states

for a procedure.

Also, it IS completley exceptable to throw away dressing changes,

IV's etc in the garbage can. It is actully a misconception that

EVERYTHING with blood on it must be thrown away in special place. I

throw away alot of stuff in the garbage with blood on it when I'm

working (and I work in a great hospital)!

I wanted to comment on the driving issue as well. Because I have

been to Mexico many times I would like to say that the way people

drive, use their horns etc is very different than here in the states.

I would encourge Anyone who feels scared about Ernesto's driving to

kindly say to him " please slow down the van, you are scaring me by

driving so fast " .

Also, I would like to encourage everyone to be their own advocate.

If someone is not putting on gloves (granted, I always saw the nurses

using gloves when appropriate) why don't you say, " hey, I want you to

wear gloves " ....Talk to Yolanda about it if you are really

uncomfortable. You always have the right to request what makes you

feel comfortable. Here in the United States we are so paranoid about

simple things that when we compare the differences between one

hospital and another we can find MANY discrepincies. I believe

strongly in good practice and safety, however, I would caution people

about being upset over a practice (like gloving) that is actually not

necesary all the time.

Another thing that I noticed about the hospital that seems to have

bothered some people is the fact that stuff is not thrown away, or

that is is disposed of down the sink.

" My wife called in a nurse when I puked all

the blood and she said 'it's normal'. Dumped it out, rinsed it in

our sink and put the container on a shelf up above the toilet. We

weren't given a new one (and the sink where it was rinsed was the

sink we were using for brushing our teeth, washing our hands, etc.

Didn't seem very sanitary - but I'm used to the GOOD 'OL USA! "

Although I can understand where this individaul is coming from having

puked and been very upset. The practice of rinsing it out in the sink

is something is okay. I loved Almater becasue they showed me how

incredibly WASTEFUL american hospitals truley are! There is no need

to get a new puke basin. Bottom line. It won't help anything. There

is no sterile procedure involved with vomiting and it is a huge

misconception that we must have a new EVERYTHING the second it has

been used. It's okay that it was rinsed in the sink, I do that here

in the Good old USA. I was actually so impressed with the reuse of

supplies and the careful management of cleanliness in the hospital,

I'm a little bit embarassed at how wasteful the hospitals are here in

the USA.(+ those cleaning ladies probably cleaned that sink twice the

very same day :).....they were obsessed :)

All that I'm trying to say is that I think you have to openn up your

perspective a little on how things WILL be different if you choose to

have a procedure in another country. I honestly hope that all of you

whom had a bad experince can somehow learn to look at the

positives...Maybe the experince was not what you had wanted, but

hopefully you will have the most amazing life (hopefully longer and

healthier) and incredible experiences because of this surgery.

Much love to all, Helena

DOB: 10-24-08

In , Bipley <Bipley@...> wrote:

>

> Hi ...

>

> I have to agree. I think that sometimes when patients have surgery

they are

> not at their best.

>

> A few issues. The gloves during a blood draw are to protect the

staff, not

> the patient. It is the patient's blood that staff are protecting

themselves

> against during a blood draw, thus the gloves.

>

> The sharps containers are in every room, I've been to Mexicali many

many

> times for fills when I had a band and twice for surgery. I've been

in OR

> when my friends had surgery, I've been with four friends when they

had

> surgery for their entire stay. I think maybe is looking for

red waste

> baskets and that's not what typical hospitals have in patient

rooms, it's a

> sharps container that is bolted to the wall of every patient room.

>

> ... one thing I have to say is that I don't understand why

every aspect

> of your surgery was so negative. I have had surgery there twice

and my

> experience was nothing like what you are talking about. I will

tell you

> that I do not appreciate your telling us we are sugar coating our

own

> experiences. I'm about as blunt as they come (go ahead, find ONE

person

> that doesn't agree with that statement! <g>) and I call 'em as I

see 'em.

> Has anyone here ever once not seen me be blunt and to the point? I

am not

> understanding why you think everyone around you is sugar coating

their

> experiences and only you are being honest.

>

> I'm very sorry that you had such a negative experience and poor

care. It is

> just so very different from our experiences and Dr. Aceves'

reputation. I'm

> actually quite sorry that the only positive you experienced in 4

days was

> Yolanda. Perhaps you should talk to Dr. Aceves about this so

others are not

> treated as you apparently were.

>

>

> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:12 AM, J Currie <giftedtch@...> wrote:

>

> > Wow. I have to just say a couple of things here. I was also

at the

> > hospital at the same time this gentleman was and my experience

was totally

> > different than what he has indicated. I am really sorry he had

such a hard

> > time and I'm sure he was pretty miserable.

> >

> > My trip to Mexicali, to Hospital Almater, last week was my 10th

visit. I

> > have been in many hospitals, under many physician's care, and

have had many

> > procedures and or surgeries. I *chose* to go across the country

to Mexico

> > because the level of care far surpasses any I have seen anywhere

else.

> > Again, I am sorry that Mr. Krogman's expereince was so bad. I

could

> > understand being upset with a few things but to find fault with

every aspect

> > (except one, that being Yolanda) makes me kind of wonder if some

of it was

> > simply patient attitude.

> >

> > Just my two cents worth and I am really not trying to make waves

here.

> > I've just never witnessed what is described in this email during

any of the

> > 10 visits (and several admissions) to this hospital.

> >

> > If I can help in anyway, please don't hesitate to ask.

> >

> > Jenni Currie

> > DOB 2/23/06

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I just had surgery with Dr. Aceves one week ago today. I was

sleeved

> > on the 22nd. I honestly don't know why people on the boards write

> > that it's such a great experience.. .it's a HARD few days!

Everything

> > they write is pretty accurate as far as the schedule:

> >

> > - You fly into San Diego.

> >

> > - Ernesto picks you up and then drives like a mad-man to Mexicali,

> > he'll actually drive you right to the hospital.

> >

> > - You then go inside and be seated and given a clear vial/cup to

pee

> > in. Once you come out of the bathroom, holding your yellowish

filled

> > cup (and everyone else being right there to see it), will

take

> > it from you and you're on to step 2.

> >

> > - Step 2 is them taking blood samples. The lady that took my blood

> > had no gloves on and had a big syringe that she stuck my left hand

> > and filled up. Then took that and filled 3 smaller vials. Although

> > she did a great job with only sticking me once to get my blood, it

> > was a quite different than the US with the lack of gloves and

> > treating blood like toxic waste. I didn't see any of the 'red

toxic

> > wastebaskets' you see here in the US to discard stuff with blood

in

> > or on it.

> >

> > - After having your blood drawn, you'll be taken to get weighed,

have

> > an x-ray and an ekg- Then you all get together and meet in a room

> > with Yolanda and she gives you some paperwork to fill out later

that

> > night and you fork over the money. Yolanda is fantastic.

> >

> > - After you're done there, Ernesto takes you on a wild 'stop-and-

go

> > filled' ride through the streets of Mexico to the hotel.

> >

> > - You'll have some time to relax at the hotel. There's several

> > places to eat that are all part of the hotel. The hotel is

actually

> > really nice on the outside, but our room smelled horribly like

smoke

> > and instantly give my wife and I headaches. We tried to explain it

> > to the staff and to get them to spray something in there to make

it

> > better...Not sure what they sprayed, but it was worse than the

smoke-

> > smell. We decided to get out of there and get something to eat!

You

> > can eat anything that night.

> >

> > - At 7:40 that night Dr. Campos came and met with all of us in a

> > conference room at the hotel. He talked about the procedures a

> > little and answered a few questions. Lasted about 40 minutes. He

> > seemed like he was ready to leave, and kind of cut our questions

> > short...but later my wife and I assumed he wanted to get to bed

for a

> > long next day.

> >

> > - 7 am the next day Ernesto will pick you up and take you to the

> > hospital and taken to a room.

> >

> > - Then Dr. Aceves (this is the first time I saw him) will meet

with

> > everyone in 1 room and talk about what's going to happen. There

were

> > 3 sleeves and a band when I was there. He wouldn't tell us the

order

> > or who was going first, you just have to go back to your room and

> > wait for them to come get you. Well, we knew the band was going

> > first, but he wouldn't tell us the order of the sleeves.- Then

they

> > wheel you off . . . and . . . then you wake up in the recovery

room.

> >

> > - I was very out of it - had a VERY hard time keeping my eyes

open.

> >

> > - The rest of the day was pretty rough on me. I had pretty much

non-

> > stop dry heaves, and once I threw up a bunch of blood. It was a

> > really bad experience. My wife called in a nurse when I puked all

> > the blood and she said 'it's normal'. Dumped it out, rinsed it in

> > our sink and put the container on a shelf up above the toilet. We

> > weren't given a new one (and the sink where it was rinsed was the

> > sink we were using for brushing our teeth, washing our hands, etc.

> > Didn't seem very sanitary - but I'm used to the GOOD 'OL USA!

> >

> > - After more dry heaves and passing in and out of consciousness I

> > think the day finally ended.

> >

> > - time to recover.

> >

> > I had my sleeve done on the 22nd and left the hospital on the

25th.

> > On the 24th, I was NOT looking forward to Ernesto and his driving

> > techniques driving me back to the airport the next day. I really

> > didn't feel well enough to do it. After surgery on the 22nd, and

all

> > through the 24th, were really hard days for me.

> >

> > I went to sleep on the 24th about 8:40 and woke up about 3:30 am

> > ready to get the heck back into the States. I took a shower (at

> > about 3:45) and turned on the tv afterwards. I guess I didn't give

> > much thought to my wife trying to sleep, I was ready to start the

> > day! I actually felt pretty good the 25th and made the 11 hour

trip

> > back to my house with no problems.

> >

> > While in the hospital, we were pretty much left alone (Dr's didn't

> > come check on us like they did with everyone else writing

comments).

> > After my surgery, I only saw Dr. Aceves 3 times, and 2 of those

times

> > were in 'passing' while I was out trying to walk around. Dr.

Campos

> > came in my room maybe once a day, and a couple times the day

before

> > we were to leave. I think there was another Dr. who stopped in

once

> > or twice. NOTHING like the 4-5 times per day other people are

> > saying.

> >

> > I felt I had a lot of questions on what was going on with my

stomach

> > post-op, but when trying to ask the questions, said it was normal

and

> > I'll have to figure it out...GREAT, THANKS!

> >

> > Other times when asking questions to the Dr.'s, I felt they didn't

> > really understand my question and were quick to answer with

> > a 'standard' response and get the heck outta my room.

> >

> > The 2nd night around 8pm I was brushed off by a couple staff

> > members. After being able to get the start of a bowel movement

out,

> > but it being 'stuck' because I was unable to push ... couldn't

push

> > because my stomach hurt way too much (from surgery and from dry-

> > heaving so much). I asked for some stool softener so I could get

it

> > out. They didn't know what that was, so they were going to check

> > into it with someone else. Then came back and said it was just

gas,

> > and it's normal. REAL NICE..... I THINK I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON

> > WITH MY BODY. I REALLY felt brushed off and upset with the

> > situation. I went to sleep, but got up at 11pm and was finally

able

> > to get it out. And no, it wasn't gas....

> >

> > The language barrier pretty much SUCKS....just know that going

into

> > it. Or, if you know fluent Spanish, more power to you - you'll be

> > fine.

> >

> > Yes, they clean the floors a lot. Smells horrible and stinks up

your

> > room several times a day.

> >

> > Whether I'd do it again in Mexicali or not, I don't know. I think

> > Dr. Aceves is pretty knowledgeable and skilled at what he does,

but I

> > assume there are other Dr.'s with the same competance/experien ce.

> >

> > My wife would say there's NO WAY she'd want to do it again in

> > Mexicali. I'm just trying to give you the most information I can

on

> > how everything went and let you make your own decision on it.

> >

> > As for the surgery itself, I'm glad I'm through with it and am

> > looking forward to getting my life back as a thinner person.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I've not posted in a while...but I have to say this enough already post got to me. Thank you to you nurses and wreckless drivers for chiming in.

I'm a Mexically bandster. I don't think gloves protect people from needle sticks and my dad drives fast here in the good ol USA because he is a delivery guy. I think people are sometimes against anything that is different, and we need to allow differences....that is what makes the world great! I would go back to Mexically a thousand times over. I love Dr. A and his people. Two of my friends have gone to have this surgery...one to Mexically and one to Tiauana...the one that didn't take my advise about Dr A is going to have to have a revision surgery next month. The one who went to Dr A has lost close to 40 pounds in the 2 and a half months after. Mexically gave me my life back. Drive on Ernesto drive on!

The only issue I've had is that halloween candy goes down too easily :)

Mexically Fan

245/178/145

> >> > I just had surgery with Dr. Aceves one week ago today. I was sleeved> > on the 22nd. I honestly don't know why people on the boards write> > that it's such a great experience.. .it's a HARD few days! Everything> > they write is pretty accurate

as far as the schedule:> >> > - You fly into San Diego.> >> > - Ernesto picks you up and then drives like a mad-man to Mexicali,> > he'll actually drive you right to the hospital.> >> > - You then go inside and be seated and given a clear vial/cup to pee> > in. Once you come out of the bathroom, holding your yellowish filled> > cup (and everyone else being right there to see it), will take> > it from you and you're on to step 2.> >> > - Step 2 is them taking blood samples. The lady that took my blood> > had no gloves on and had a big syringe that she stuck my left hand> > and filled up. Then took that and filled 3 smaller vials. Although> > she did a great job with only sticking me once to get my blood, it> > was a quite different than the US with the lack of gloves and>

> treating blood like toxic waste. I didn't see any of the 'red toxic> > wastebaskets' you see here in the US to discard stuff with blood in> > or on it.> >> > - After having your blood drawn, you'll be taken to get weighed, have> > an x-ray and an ekg- Then you all get together and meet in a room> > with Yolanda and she gives you some paperwork to fill out later that> > night and you fork over the money. Yolanda is fantastic.> >> > - After you're done there, Ernesto takes you on a wild 'stop-and-go> > filled' ride through the streets of Mexico to the hotel.> >> > - You'll have some time to relax at the hotel. There's several> > places to eat that are all part of the hotel. The hotel is actually> > really nice on the outside, but our room smelled horribly like smoke> > and

instantly give my wife and I headaches. We tried to explain it> > to the staff and to get them to spray something in there to make it> > better...Not sure what they sprayed, but it was worse than the smoke-> > smell. We decided to get out of there and get something to eat! You> > can eat anything that night.> >> > - At 7:40 that night Dr. Campos came and met with all of us in a> > conference room at the hotel. He talked about the procedures a> > little and answered a few questions. Lasted about 40 minutes. He> > seemed like he was ready to leave, and kind of cut our questions> > short...but later my wife and I assumed he wanted to get to bed for a> > long next day.> >> > - 7 am the next day Ernesto will pick you up and take you to the> > hospital and taken to a room.> >> > - Then

Dr. Aceves (this is the first time I saw him) will meet with> > everyone in 1 room and talk about what's going to happen. There were> > 3 sleeves and a band when I was there. He wouldn't tell us the order> > or who was going first, you just have to go back to your room and> > wait for them to come get you. Well, we knew the band was going> > first, but he wouldn't tell us the order of the sleeves.- Then they> > wheel you off . . . and . . . then you wake up in the recovery room.> >> > - I was very out of it - had a VERY hard time keeping my eyes open.> >> > - The rest of the day was pretty rough on me. I had pretty much non-> > stop dry heaves, and once I threw up a bunch of blood. It was a> > really bad experience. My wife called in a nurse when I puked all> > the blood and she said 'it's normal'.

Dumped it out, rinsed it in> > our sink and put the container on a shelf up above the toilet. We> > weren't given a new one (and the sink where it was rinsed was the> > sink we were using for brushing our teeth, washing our hands, etc.> > Didn't seem very sanitary - but I'm used to the GOOD 'OL USA!> >> > - After more dry heaves and passing in and out of consciousness I> > think the day finally ended.> >> > - time to recover.> >> > I had my sleeve done on the 22nd and left the hospital on the 25th.> > On the 24th, I was NOT looking forward to Ernesto and his driving> > techniques driving me back to the airport the next day. I really> > didn't feel well enough to do it. After surgery on the 22nd, and all> > through the 24th, were really hard days for me.> >> > I went to sleep on

the 24th about 8:40 and woke up about 3:30 am> > ready to get the heck back into the States. I took a shower (at> > about 3:45) and turned on the tv afterwards. I guess I didn't give> > much thought to my wife trying to sleep, I was ready to start the> > day! I actually felt pretty good the 25th and made the 11 hour trip> > back to my house with no problems.> >> > While in the hospital, we were pretty much left alone (Dr's didn't> > come check on us like they did with everyone else writing comments).> > After my surgery, I only saw Dr. Aceves 3 times, and 2 of those times> > were in 'passing' while I was out trying to walk around. Dr. Campos> > came in my room maybe once a day, and a couple times the day before> > we were to leave. I think there was another Dr. who stopped in once> > or twice. NOTHING

like the 4-5 times per day other people are> > saying.> >> > I felt I had a lot of questions on what was going on with my stomach> > post-op, but when trying to ask the questions, said it was normal and> > I'll have to figure it out...GREAT, THANKS!> >> > Other times when asking questions to the Dr.'s, I felt they didn't> > really understand my question and were quick to answer with> > a 'standard' response and get the heck outta my room.> >> > The 2nd night around 8pm I was brushed off by a couple staff> > members. After being able to get the start of a bowel movement out,> > but it being 'stuck' because I was unable to push ... couldn't push> > because my stomach hurt way too much (from surgery and from dry-> > heaving so much). I asked for some stool softener so I could get

it> > out. They didn't know what that was, so they were going to check> > into it with someone else. Then came back and said it was just gas,> > and it's normal. REAL NICE..... I THINK I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON> > WITH MY BODY. I REALLY felt brushed off and upset with the> > situation. I went to sleep, but got up at 11pm and was finally able> > to get it out. And no, it wasn't gas....> >> > The language barrier pretty much SUCKS....just know that going into> > it. Or, if you know fluent Spanish, more power to you - you'll be> > fine.> >> > Yes, they clean the floors a lot. Smells horrible and stinks up your> > room several times a day.> >> > Whether I'd do it again in Mexicali or not, I don't know. I think> > Dr. Aceves is pretty knowledgeable and skilled at what he does, but

I> > assume there are other Dr.'s with the same competance/experien ce.> >> > My wife would say there's NO WAY she'd want to do it again in> > Mexicali. I'm just trying to give you the most information I can on> > how everything went and let you make your own decision on it.> >> > As for the surgery itself, I'm glad I'm through with it and am> > looking forward to getting my life back as a thinner person.> >> >> > > >>

Guest guest

I have not posted in ALONG time but still read / keep up on what is going on. I am sorry that someones experience wasn't "perfect" and they didn't feel like saying something at the time to make the experience better. But i would send anyone, "i do tell everyone now i had surgery" to see The Dr A team. They were and are truly concerned about the person. Never feeling it is about the $$$. Just like ANY one in the USA, there could be a bad day. I think the only perfect person is Jesus... so unless we speak up to inform the team that we are missing something that we need. How can they help us. just my two cents. I wish i lived closer so i could go and "visit". It truly is like a reunion when you go back.....

thanks

dob 5/24/08

424/330/180 (this is while enduring a triple leg fracture for 7 months.) God is awesome and so is this group! > >> > I just had surgery with Dr. Aceves one week ago today. I was sleeved> > on the 22nd. I honestly don't know why people on the boards write> > that it's such a great experience.. .it's a HARD few days! Everything> > they write is pretty accurate

as far as the schedule:> >> > - You fly into San Diego.> >> > - Ernesto picks you up and then drives like a mad-man to Mexicali,> > he'll actually drive you right to the hospital.> >> > - You then go inside and be seated and given a clear vial/cup to pee> > in. Once you come out of the bathroom, holding your yellowish filled> > cup (and everyone else being right there to see it), will take> > it from you and you're on to step 2.> >> > - Step 2 is them taking blood samples. The lady that took my blood> > had no gloves on and had a big syringe that she stuck my left hand> > and filled up. Then took that and filled 3 smaller vials. Although> > she did a great job with only sticking me once to get my blood, it> > was a quite different than the US with the lack of gloves and>

> treating blood like toxic waste. I didn't see any of the 'red toxic> > wastebaskets' you see here in the US to discard stuff with blood in> > or on it.> >> > - After having your blood drawn, you'll be taken to get weighed, have> > an x-ray and an ekg- Then you all get together and meet in a room> > with Yolanda and she gives you some paperwork to fill out later that> > night and you fork over the money. Yolanda is fantastic.> >> > - After you're done there, Ernesto takes you on a wild 'stop-and-go> > filled' ride through the streets of Mexico to the hotel.> >> > - You'll have some time to relax at the hotel. There's several> > places to eat that are all part of the hotel. The hotel is actually> > really nice on the outside, but our room smelled horribly like smoke> > and

instantly give my wife and I headaches. We tried to explain it> > to the staff and to get them to spray something in there to make it> > better...Not sure what they sprayed, but it was worse than the smoke-> > smell. We decided to get out of there and get something to eat! You> > can eat anything that night.> >> > - At 7:40 that night Dr. Campos came and met with all of us in a> > conference room at the hotel. He talked about the procedures a> > little and answered a few questions. Lasted about 40 minutes. He> > seemed like he was ready to leave, and kind of cut our questions> > short...but later my wife and I assumed he wanted to get to bed for a> > long next day.> >> > - 7 am the next day Ernesto will pick you up and take you to the> > hospital and taken to a room.> >> > - Then

Dr. Aceves (this is the first time I saw him) will meet with> > everyone in 1 room and talk about what's going to happen. There were> > 3 sleeves and a band when I was there. He wouldn't tell us the order> > or who was going first, you just have to go back to your room and> > wait for them to come get you. Well, we knew the band was going> > first, but he wouldn't tell us the order of the sleeves.- Then they> > wheel you off . . . and . . . then you wake up in the recovery room.> >> > - I was very out of it - had a VERY hard time keeping my eyes open.> >> > - The rest of the day was pretty rough on me. I had pretty much non-> > stop dry heaves, and once I threw up a bunch of blood. It was a> > really bad experience. My wife called in a nurse when I puked all> > the blood and she said 'it's normal'.

Dumped it out, rinsed it in> > our sink and put the container on a shelf up above the toilet. We> > weren't given a new one (and the sink where it was rinsed was the> > sink we were using for brushing our teeth, washing our hands, etc.> > Didn't seem very sanitary - but I'm used to the GOOD 'OL USA!> >> > - After more dry heaves and passing in and out of consciousness I> > think the day finally ended.> >> > - time to recover.> >> > I had my sleeve done on the 22nd and left the hospital on the 25th.> > On the 24th, I was NOT looking forward to Ernesto and his driving> > techniques driving me back to the airport the next day. I really> > didn't feel well enough to do it. After surgery on the 22nd, and all> > through the 24th, were really hard days for me.> >> > I went to sleep on

the 24th about 8:40 and woke up about 3:30 am> > ready to get the heck back into the States. I took a shower (at> > about 3:45) and turned on the tv afterwards. I guess I didn't give> > much thought to my wife trying to sleep, I was ready to start the> > day! I actually felt pretty good the 25th and made the 11 hour trip> > back to my house with no problems.> >> > While in the hospital, we were pretty much left alone (Dr's didn't> > come check on us like they did with everyone else writing comments).> > After my surgery, I only saw Dr. Aceves 3 times, and 2 of those times> > were in 'passing' while I was out trying to walk around. Dr. Campos> > came in my room maybe once a day, and a couple times the day before> > we were to leave. I think there was another Dr. who stopped in once> > or twice. NOTHING

like the 4-5 times per day other people are> > saying.> >> > I felt I had a lot of questions on what was going on with my stomach> > post-op, but when trying to ask the questions, said it was normal and> > I'll have to figure it out...GREAT, THANKS!> >> > Other times when asking questions to the Dr.'s, I felt they didn't> > really understand my question and were quick to answer with> > a 'standard' response and get the heck outta my room.> >> > The 2nd night around 8pm I was brushed off by a couple staff> > members. After being able to get the start of a bowel movement out,> > but it being 'stuck' because I was unable to push ... couldn't push> > because my stomach hurt way too much (from surgery and from dry-> > heaving so much). I asked for some stool softener so I could get

it> > out. They didn't know what that was, so they were going to check> > into it with someone else. Then came back and said it was just gas,> > and it's normal. REAL NICE..... I THINK I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON> > WITH MY BODY. I REALLY felt brushed off and upset with the> > situation. I went to sleep, but got up at 11pm and was finally able> > to get it out. And no, it wasn't gas....> >> > The language barrier pretty much SUCKS....just know that going into> > it. Or, if you know fluent Spanish, more power to you - you'll be> > fine.> >> > Yes, they clean the floors a lot. Smells horrible and stinks up your> > room several times a day.> >> > Whether I'd do it again in Mexicali or not, I don't know. I think> > Dr. Aceves is pretty knowledgeable and skilled at what he does, but

I> > assume there are other Dr.'s with the same competance/experien ce.> >> > My wife would say there's NO WAY she'd want to do it again in> > Mexicali. I'm just trying to give you the most information I can on> > how everything went and let you make your own decision on it.> >> > As for the surgery itself, I'm glad I'm through with it and am> > looking forward to getting my life back as a thinner person.> >> >> > > >>

Guest guest

I just wanted to comment on the Lucerna Hotel. I really enjoyed my last meal, I still remember it. My husband and I did choose the nicer and more expensive of the 3 restaurants and it was very relaxing and very good. I forgot the name but the other ones just seemed too typical so that's why we chose the nicer one. I got a seafood trio with creamy sauce. I think the room might have smelled a little smoky but my husband and I are pretty low maintenance and he was just happy and couldn't believe that we didn't have to pay for it (since it was in the initial cost of the surgery).I'm an RN in the states and love all my US docs as well as dr. A. I once had a wound get really infected (in the US) and break open after an appendicitis (while I was pregnant! ). I didn't blame the doctors. Maybe it was their fault but who knows. Things like that can happen anywhere. I just did what I was suppose to do and got it taken care of. I'm just thankful that I was able to find a doctor that could do WLS without costing too much out of pocket! I know someone that wants to get a band in the US and her insurance has already said they would pay for it but her MD said she has to lose 30 pounds first! She has been waiting all summer and now still can't get it because she is having a hard time losing that weight. dana8/8/07220/169/145On Nov 2, 2008, at 7:07 PM, sonia larimore wrote:I have not posted in ALONG time but still read / keep up on what is going on. I am sorry that someones experience wasn't "perfect" and they didn't feel like saying something at the time to make the experience better. But i would send anyone, "i do tell everyone now i had surgery" to see The Dr A team. They were and are truly concerned about the person. Never feeling it is about the $$$. Just like ANY one in the USA, there could be a bad day. I think the only perfect person is Jesus... so unless we speak up to inform the team that we are missing something that we need. How can they help us. just my two cents. I wish i lived closer so i could go and "visit". It truly is like a reunion when you go back.....thanksdob 5/24/08424/330/180 (this is while enduring a triple leg fracture for 7 months.) God is awesome and so is this group! > >> > I just had surgery with Dr. Aceves one week ago today. I was sleeved> > on the 22nd. I honestly don't know why people on the boards write> > that it's such a great experience.. .it's a HARD few days! Everything> > they write is pretty accurate as far as the schedule:> >> > - You fly into San Diego.> >> > - Ernesto picks you up and then drives like a mad-man to Mexicali,> > he'll actually drive you right to the hospital.> >> > - You then go inside and be seated and given a clear vial/cup to pee> > in. Once you come out of the bathroom, holding your yellowish filled> > cup (and everyone else being right there to see it), will take> > it from you and you're on to step 2.> >> > - Step 2 is them taking blood samples. The lady that took my blood> > had no gloves on and had a big syringe that she stuck my left hand> > and filled up. Then took that and filled 3 smaller vials. Although> > she did a great job with only sticking me once to get my blood, it> > was a quite different than the US with the lack of gloves and> > treating blood like toxic waste. I didn't see any of the 'red toxic> > wastebaskets' you see here in the US to discard stuff with blood in> > or on it.> >> > - After having your blood drawn, you'll be taken to get weighed, have> > an x-ray and an ekg- Then you all get together and meet in a room> > with Yolanda and she gives you some paperwork to fill out later that> > night and you fork over the money. Yolanda is fantastic.> >> > - After you're done there, Ernesto takes you on a wild 'stop-and-go> > filled' ride through the streets of Mexico to the hotel.> >> > - You'll have some time to relax at the hotel. There's several> > places to eat that are all part of the hotel. The hotel is actually> > really nice on the outside, but our room smelled horribly like smoke> > and instantly give my wife and I headaches. We tried to explain it> > to the staff and to get them to spray something in there to make it> > better...Not sure what they sprayed, but it was worse than the smoke-> > smell. We decided to get out of there and get something to eat! You> > can eat anything that night.> >> > - At 7:40 that night Dr. Campos came and met with all of us in a> > conference room at the hotel. He talked about the procedures a> > little and answered a few questions. Lasted about 40 minutes. He> > seemed like he was ready to leave, and kind of cut our questions> > short...but later my wife and I assumed he wanted to get to bed for a> > long next day.> >> > - 7 am the next day Ernesto will pick you up and take you to the> > hospital and taken to a room.> >> > - Then Dr. Aceves (this is the first time I saw him) will meet with> > everyone in 1 room and talk about what's going to happen. There were> > 3 sleeves and a band when I was there. He wouldn't tell us the order> > or who was going first, you just have to go back to your room and> > wait for them to come get you. Well, we knew the band was going> > first, but he wouldn't tell us the order of the sleeves.- Then they> > wheel you off . . . and . . . then you wake up in the recovery room.> >> > - I was very out of it - had a VERY hard time keeping my eyes open.> >> > - The rest of the day was pretty rough on me. I had pretty much non-> > stop dry heaves, and once I threw up a bunch of blood. It was a> > really bad experience. My wife called in a nurse when I puked all> > the blood and she said 'it's normal'. Dumped it out, rinsed it in> > our sink and put the container on a shelf up above the toilet. We> > weren't given a new one (and the sink where it was rinsed was the> > sink we were using for brushing our teeth, washing our hands, etc.> > Didn't seem very sanitary - but I'm used to the GOOD 'OL USA!> >> > - After more dry heaves and passing in and out of consciousness I> > think the day finally ended.> >> > - time to recover.> >> > I had my sleeve done on the 22nd and left the hospital on the 25th.> > On the 24th, I was NOT looking forward to Ernesto and his driving> > techniques driving me back to the airport the next day. I really> > didn't feel well enough to do it. After surgery on the 22nd, and all> > through the 24th, were really hard days for me.> >> > I went to sleep on the 24th about 8:40 and woke up about 3:30 am> > ready to get the heck back into the States. I took a shower (at> > about 3:45) and turned on the tv afterwards. I guess I didn't give> > much thought to my wife trying to sleep, I was ready to start the> > day! I actually felt pretty good the 25th and made the 11 hour trip> > back to my house with no problems.> >> > While in the hospital, we were pretty much left alone (Dr's didn't> > come check on us like they did with everyone else writing comments).> > After my surgery, I only saw Dr. Aceves 3 times, and 2 of those times> > were in 'passing' while I was out trying to walk around. Dr. Campos> > came in my room maybe once a day, and a couple times the day before> > we were to leave. I think there was another Dr. who stopped in once> > or twice. NOTHING like the 4-5 times per day other people are> > saying.> >> > I felt I had a lot of questions on what was going on with my stomach> > post-op, but when trying to ask the questions, said it was normal and> > I'll have to figure it out...GREAT, THANKS!> >> > Other times when asking questions to the Dr.'s, I felt they didn't> > really understand my question and were quick to answer with> > a 'standard' response and get the heck outta my room.> >> > The 2nd night around 8pm I was brushed off by a couple staff> > members. After being able to get the start of a bowel movement out,> > but it being 'stuck' because I was unable to push ... couldn't push> > because my stomach hurt way too much (from surgery and from dry-> > heaving so much). I asked for some stool softener so I could get it> > out. They didn't know what that was, so they were going to check> > into it with someone else. Then came back and said it was just gas,> > and it's normal. REAL NICE..... I THINK I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON> > WITH MY BODY. I REALLY felt brushed off and upset with the> > situation. I went to sleep, but got up at 11pm and was finally able> > to get it out. And no, it wasn't gas....> >> > The language barrier pretty much SUCKS....just know that going into> > it. Or, if you know fluent Spanish, more power to you - you'll be> > fine.> >> > Yes, they clean the floors a lot. Smells horrible and stinks up your> > room several times a day.> >> > Whether I'd do it again in Mexicali or not, I don't know. I think> > Dr. Aceves is pretty knowledgeable and skilled at what he does, but I> > assume there are other Dr.'s with the same competance/experien ce.> >> > My wife would say there's NO WAY she'd want to do it again in> > Mexicali. I'm just trying to give you the most information I can on> > how everything went and let you make your own decision on it.> >> > As for the surgery itself, I'm glad I'm through with it and am> > looking forward to getting my life back as a thinner person.> >> >> > > >>

Guest guest

Hi All! I dont post often but do read. All i have seen lately is all

this stuff about foul language....so much so that i dont even want to

read this column.. I come here for coconut oil info and health related

issues. I do believe there is alot of power[life and death] in our

tongues- but please use it for good. Maybe someone should start a potty

mouth group? Thanks for listening -i just had to vent...lets

please get back on course...

Guest guest

Gloria

Just when this issue had died, you revived it

again. To you I say, " enough already "

And while I am here, I will give my thoughts

about foul language ...do you notice how this

issue never comes up and no one is offended

when no one swears. It is only an issue when

someone swears and frankly I am glad that

people speak up and make an issue of it. Let

those who do swear hear about it. A smart

person can put their viewpoint across very

eloquently without ever a swear word. The

best comedians are those who never swear.

Now you can let me have the last word :)) and

say nothing and then this issue will die. If

you respond, it will go on a bit longer. If it

does, just use your Delete button and don't

let it bother you. That's what I intend to do

Helen

Coconut Oil

Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 7:18:38 AM

Subject: Enough Already

Hi All! I dont post often but do read. All i have seen lately is all

this stuff about foul language.... so much so that i dont even want to

read this column.. I come here for coconut oil info and health related

issues. I do believe there is alot of power[life and death] in our

tongues- but please use it for good. Maybe someone should start a potty

mouth group? Thanks for listening -i just had to vent...lets

please get back on course...

Guest guest

We disagree. Both about " the best comedians " and about " smart People.

I am quite smart. And I very much enjoy comedians who swear. That

you do not like swearing is obvious. Bit it sure does not make you

smarter than others who choose differently.

Alobar

On 12/13/08, helen/zhebee <zhebee@...> wrote:

>

> Gloria

>

> Just when this issue had died, you revived it

> again. To you I say, " enough already "

>

> And while I am here, I will give my thoughts

> about foul language ...do you notice how this

> issue never comes up and no one is offended

> when no one swears. It is only an issue when

> someone swears and frankly I am glad that

> people speak up and make an issue of it. Let

> those who do swear hear about it. A smart

> person can put their viewpoint across very

> eloquently without ever a swear word. The

> best comedians are those who never swear.

>

> Now you can let me have the last word :)) and

> say nothing and then this issue will die. If

> you respond, it will go on a bit longer. If it

> does, just use your Delete button and don't

> let it bother you. That's what I intend to do

>

> Helen

>

Guest guest

I don't care what words are used, but I don't like obvious insults and

attempts to degrade and devalue others' experiences/ " data. "

No one's data can be said to be absolute truth, not even the data

delivered by " scientists " or " doctors. " Read Healing Words by Larry

Dossey, MD if you want a clear view of how definitive scientific

studies really are. Read about how exactly duplicated studies,

conducted by researchers with different attitudes, have produced

opposite results.

We should just all grant each other some respect and consideration.

That's really the bottom line.

When confronted with a choice between being right or being kind, be

kind. That's paraphrased from Wayne Dyer...works for me.

nah

> >

>

Guest guest

Alobar

I am glad we disagree. The point is a person

who has to swear to make his point is either

lazy or stupid or both. I am not talking about

you, Alobar, because you have never used

swear words on this forum so please don't

always take it personal.

It takes smarts to learn how to communicate

without swearing and still make the desired

point. And it takes control of one's choice of

words and it takes character. Any dumbo can

curse and swear. Again I am not pointing my

finger at any one person. I hear them all the

time when I ride the bus. I also see the kind

of people who do the most swearing.

It is interesting that most people who swear

a lot come from the lower echelon, not always

but often.

When a person's language is peppered with

swear words, I don't want to be around that

person, not just because of the swearing but

also it tells me what kind of person they are.

I didn't say those who dislike swearing are

smarter ...but they probably are now that you

mention it :)) (Tongue in cheek)

We know you are 'quite smart', Alobar. You

let us know that in various ways all the time.

I know, I know, ! This is absolutely my

last communique on this subject. I was weak

in that I just could not resist this one final

comment. Since Alobar likes to have the last

word, it will be hard for me not to reply but I

will be strong and grit my teeth and not say a

another word about this subject on this forum

....no matter what is said or by whom.

Have a great andthankful day ...everyday!

Helen

Coconut Oil

Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:20:54 PM

Subject: Re: Enough Already

We disagree. Both about " the best comedians " and about " smart People.

I am quite smart. And I very much enjoy comedians who swear. That

you do not like swearing is obvious. Bit it sure does not make you

smarter than others who choose differently.

Alobar

On 12/13/08, helen/zhebee <zhebee (DOT) com> wrote:

>

> Gloria

>

> Just when this issue had died, you revived it

> again. To you I say, " enough already "

>

> And while I am here, I will give my thoughts

> about foul language ...do you notice how this

> issue never comes up and no one is offended

> when no one swears. It is only an issue when

> someone swears and frankly I am glad that

> people speak up and make an issue of it. Let

> those who do swear hear about it. A smart

> person can put their viewpoint across very

> eloquently without ever a swear word. The

> best comedians are those who never swear.

>

> Now you can let me have the last word :)) and

> say nothing and then this issue will die. If

> you respond, it will go on a bit longer. If it

> does, just use your Delete button and don't

> let it bother you. That's what I intend to do

>

> Helen

>

Guest guest

I agree with you but I couldn't help myself.

Will you forgive me?

I also agree with you about clinical studies

et al. I believe that generally if the product

is natural (ie, not a drug) it is usually going

to be safe and if it doesn't help the particular

problem, it will probably benefit something

in the body. Of course, the final decision is

theirs, not mine.

I find myself really getting ruffled when someone

says " And that's the bottom line " because to me

it sounds they are saying " I said it, therefore it is. "

I am sick to death of the " bottom line " because it

is not the bottom line. I say this not so much to

you specifically but to all you use that line. It is

almost as bad as a 'swear' word. Dare I mention it?

I really liked your last paragraph, " When confronted

with a choice between being right or being kind, be

kind. " I will be striving to that end.

Helen

Coconut Oil

Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 10:00:40 PM

Subject: Re: Enough Already

I don't care what words are used, but I don't like obvious insults and

attempts to degrade and devalue others' experiences/ " data. "

No one's data can be said to be absolute truth, not even the data

delivered by " scientists " or " doctors. " Read Healing Words by Larry

Dossey, MD if you want a clear view of how definitive scientific

studies really are. Read about how exactly duplicated studies,

conducted by researchers with different attitudes, have produced

opposite results.

We should just all grant each other some respect and consideration.

That's really the bottom line.

When confronted with a choice between being right or being kind, be

kind. That's paraphrased from Wayne Dyer...works for me.

nah

> >

>

Guest guest

Ok, is it me, or do people seems very easily ruffled lately? Is it

the stress of the holidays?

I'm going to bug out of here until the holidays are over. Am turning

off my emails, so if anyone wants to write, please email me personally.

Just to be clear, TO ME, being kind and considerate is the most

important thing. But feel free to argue that point and say how wicked

I am for saying it! :D

Wishing everyone cheer and good health!

nah

>

> I find myself really getting ruffled when someone

> says " And that's the bottom line " because to me

> it sounds they are saying " I said it, therefore it is. "

> I am sick to death of the " bottom line " because it

> is not the bottom line. I say this not so much to

> you specifically but to all you use that line. It is

> almost as bad as a 'swear' word. Dare I mention it?

>