RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yes I am very swollen..and I do look like I have an alien ready to pop out--lol

Thanks for answering me..I did so much research on doctor & hospital I fail to look at the band closley....and now I could care less....I'm totally blown away at how good I feel..and the pounds that fell off all ready...guess that's silly.

Guest guest

Oops, I answered this in a reply to Jody lol. I really need to read all of my mail before replying!! The port incision is the largest incision which sounds like the one you are feeling the lump under. That's your port! And also some swelling and maybe some gas. :)

M.

3/1/05

280/206/160

http://www.tracyslapband.com

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Debby B.Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 4:17 PM Subject: (unknown)

Hi Nina,

Is it normal to feel a long hard lump under one of my incisions? It's not the one where the port is, at least I don't think so. This incision is the one that is closest to the center of my mid-section and a little to the left. I think the one on the far left is the port incision? Is that correct? It's a bit sore too.

Debby

Guest guest

The bigger incision 6 inch below the bra line. The reason is, the port is about a inch in diameter (I will have to look that up on inamed, but call it a guess) so they have to cut you wide enough to get the port in and in position. When all your swelling goes down, you will be able to feel your port when exploring your belly with your finger tips. Right now you are probably too swollen.

M.

3/1/05

280/206/160

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of bradshawtravels@...Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 8:12 PM Subject: Re: (unknown)

I have a small incision in the middle of my bra line..a bigger incision about 6 inches below that..2 small incisions on on each side of the big one about 8 in apart..where do you think my port is?...

Guest guest

Hey ,

I was banded 9 days ago....can you tell me what hold the port in place....is it stitched or does it just sit in fat tissue.

Thanks, JODy RE: (unknown)

The bigger incision 6 inch below the bra line. The reason is, the port is about a inch in diameter (I will have to look that up on inamed, but call it a guess) so they have to cut you wide enough to get the port in and in position. When all your swelling goes down, you will be able to feel your port when exploring your belly with your finger tips. Right now you are probably too swollen.

M.

3/1/05

280/206/160

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of bradshawtravels@...Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 8:12 PM Subject: Re: (unknown)

I have a small incision in the middle of my bra line..a bigger incision about 6 inches below that..2 small incisions on on each side of the big one about 8 in apart..where do you think my port is?...

Guest guest

Hmmm I think I remember Dr A and then later Nina telling me the doc uses 2 stitches, one on each side...but I need Nina to confirm this....cuz my memory sux. :)

M.

3/1/05

280/206/160

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Jody SparksSent: Friday, August 26, 2005 8:43 PM Subject: RE: (unknown)

Hey ,

I was banded 9 days ago....can you tell me what hold the port in place....is it stitched or does it just sit in fat tissue.

Thanks, JODy RE: (unknown)

M.

3/1/05

280/206/160

Guest guest

Guess what? I did the same thing! I researched everything BUT the incisions, where they would be, how big, etc. So it was all new for me too. I also wondered when I would be able to bend over without knowing the port was there. I think it happened at 3 or 4 weeks post op. Now I bend over all the time and don't even think about my port. Of course I have heard some people say they can visually see their port protruding from their stomach. I guess it is how it was placed and where. If I lay flat and suck in my stomach now, not only can I see my ribs (WHAT THE HECK ARE THOSE???) but I can faintly see the outline of my port. I think it is kinda cool, but I am weird like that lol.

M.

3/1/05

280/206/160

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of bradshawtravels@...Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 8:42 PM Subject: Re: (unknown)

yes I am very swollen..and I do look like I have an alien ready to pop out--lol

Thanks for answering me..I did so much research on doctor & hospital I fail to look at the band closley....and now I could care less....I'm totally blown away at how good I feel..and the pounds that fell off all ready...guess that's silly.

Guest guest

You have nothing to be scared of. Only good times ahead! You can do it!

Metzger wrote:

> Hello everyone!

>

> I am new to this group, and tomorrow is day one of my challenge! I am very

> excited to be doing this for myself, and a little scared as well. I have

> spent some time looking at the photos in this groups photo album and it has

> really given me so much confidence. And Misty, you look great sweetie! Keep

> up the good work!

>

> anyway, just wanted to say hi!

>

> :0)

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Welcome Nichole! This is a great group of ladies and you will get so much

information here. Have a great day!

-- (unknown)

Hello everyone!

I am new to this group, and tomorrow is day one of my challenge! I am very

excited to be doing this for myself, and a little scared as well. I have

spent some time looking at the photos in this groups photo album and it has

really given me so much confidence. And Misty, you look great sweetie! Keep

up the good work!

anyway, just wanted to say hi!

:0)

Guest guest

How was Day One?? :)

> Hello everyone!

>

> I am new to this group, and tomorrow is day one of my challenge!

> :0)

Guest guest

How soon until you are eligible for Medicare? If it is awhile, you could go to your local County or City hospital and get it for free. The waitlist is sometimes a year or more though.

On 8/28/05, Lynn Holbrook <lynntmj2000@...> wrote:

I am new to the group and haven't had surgery. I need a TKR, but I have no insurance. Lost everything when hubby's company went bankrupt. It is exactly two years since my knee went out on me. I do have AARP, but it's an existing condition and they will not cover it. I am at my wits end. Any suggestions? Lynn Holbrook BTW, I have learned so much from this group. Thanks all.

Start your day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

Good Morning after Katrina!

Lynn, have you talked with the American Arthritis Foundation?

www.arthritis.org

You may also talk with the manufacturers, the orthopedic surgeons groups, foundations that support the arthritis foundation like Bayer Health Care, AO TT sorority. I think that your first step would be the foundation or a good orthopedic surgeon group. What city are you in?

Have a Blessed Day!

A Browning Albion Kennels 2800 Ruth Road Arab, AL 35016

-----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of Ortho DocSent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 5:43 AMJoint Replacement Subject: Re: (unknown)How soon until you are eligible for Medicare? If it is awhile, you could go to your local County or City hospital and get it for free. The waitlist is sometimes a year or more though.

On 8/28/05, Lynn Holbrook <lynntmj2000@...> wrote:

I am new to the group and haven't had surgery. I need a TKR, but I have no insurance. Lost everything when hubby's company went bankrupt. It is exactly two years since my knee went out on me. I do have AARP, but it's an existing condition and they will not cover it. I am at my wits end. Any suggestions? Lynn Holbrook BTW, I have learned so much from this group. Thanks all.

Guest guest

Post op - clears 1-2 days, 2-4 weeks full liquids, ~ 1 week pureed, ~ 1 week soft, then on to regular foods, most of the time.

Jerry Angie - <davisam71@...> wrote:

As a new RD to this specialty, I want to double check / get your input; What is the current standard for post-op diet for the Roux-en Y? Most of my references are pointing to 2-4 weeks on full liquids. I would love to hear what my experienced colleagues have found to be most sucessful.Thank you-

Angie , MEd, RD

Nutritionist SIUH Center for the Surgical Treatment of Obesity 256 Mason Avenue Staten Island, NY 10305 718-226-1300

Guest guest

We do 1 day of clear liquid post op while in the hospital then one week of full liquid, then 2-4 weeks mechanical soft, then regular texture. We do not do a puree phase for either the Roux-en Y or the laporoscopic gastric bypass.>>> da

Bartholomay, LRDClinic Dietitians, BHC.Bartholomay@...(701) 234-2464visam71@... 8/30/2005 2:35:51 PM >>>

As a new RD to this specialty, I want to double check / get your input; What is the current standard for post-op diet for the Roux-en Y? Most of my references are pointing to 2-4 weeks on full liquids. I would love to hear what my experienced colleagues have found to be most sucessful.Thank you-

Angie , MEd, RD

Nutritionist SIUH Center for the Surgical Treatment of Obesity 256 Mason Avenue Staten Island, NY 10305 718-226-1300

This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521. This e-mail is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

Guest guest

Hi Lynn,

We are in Northern Alabama

and thankfully so. We had lots of

damage as far as broken tree limbs, but…that is it. We feel extremely fortunate. We do not have county hospitals either.

Have a Blessed Day!

-----Original

Message-----

Joint Replacement

[mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of Lynn Holbrook

Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005

8:22 AM

To:

Joint Replacement

Subject:

(unknown)

Hi ,

You're in Alabama? Oh my. Are you alright? I can only watch

the news a few minutes, have a cry, and turn the TV off. So sad! I

will check into arthritis.org this morning. I live in Northern MI and

there is a good hospital in Traverse City. But, I can't recall any county

hospitals in the area. I think I have much research to do. Thanks

so much for everything! Lynn

Start your

day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

hola! yo no soy española pero soy argentina... asique

podemos hablar en español!. Me llamo , tengo 36

años y tengo tres hijos, la ultima, ahora una bebe de

11 meses llamada Valentina nacio con problemas. POr el

momento no tiene un diagnostico cerrado, ya que ademas

de blefarofimosis puede tener ohdo que afecta mas

cosas todavia., ya veremos. No se en que pueda

ayudarte, estoy en este grupo desde hace unos meses y

como vos tengo un ingles no muy bueno, entiendo lo que

hablan pero se me complica escribir, asique no se si

queres preguntarme o contarme algo aca estoy.

Un abrazo.

--- llmmcc7 <llmmcc7@...> escribió:

---------------------------------

Hello i am an spanish girl, my english is very poor

and i want meet

spanish people if it is possible. Thanks a lot

Guest guest

ok the one on top of the other is joseph then jacob on bottom lol

dannegrl <dannegrl2003@...> wrote:

Me with my Mitch and my nephews is the older one then ph is little bit thought there is little difference in there size. In all the pictures ph is on the right and on the left. MY GUYS.

dannella

Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

dannella

Guest guest

What

a great looking bunch you are!

De

(unknown)

Me with my Mitch and my nephews is the older one

then ph is little bit thought there is little difference in there size. In

all the pictures ph is on the right and on the left. MY GUYS.

dannella

Guest guest

Thanks De

love and prayers

d

Motley <dmotley@...> wrote:

What a great looking bunch you are!

De

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of dannegrlSent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:36 PMHepatitis Cfordummies Subject: (unknown)

Me with my Mitch and my nephews is the older one then ph is little bit thought there is little difference in there size. In all the pictures ph is on the right and on the left. MY GUYS.

dannella

Guest guest

[ ] (unknown)

Hi

I'm confused is the overlap chat nite today or tomorrow?

Guest guest

Looking thru that archives will give you many many personal stories.

To visit your group on the web, go to:

Guest guest

No. grown in So. America. It was introduced to the Phil. in 1900s, and i still

have to find the plant. I don't know what it is called in Tagalog. It is

available from Raintree.com. It is the richest source of Vit C in the world and

a great antioxidant.

(unknown)

What is Camu-Camu? Is that only found in the ines?

Jeanne

Guest guest

Is that the right URL? When IO clicked on it, I get a website which

sells CDs and CD duplicating services.

Alobar

On 9/27/05, pbanagal <pbanagal@...> wrote:

> No. grown in So. America. It was introduced to the Phil. in 1900s, and i

still have to find the plant. I don't know what it is called in Tagalog. It is

available from Raintree.com. It is the richest source of Vit C in the world and

a great antioxidant.

>

>

Guest guest

I

don’t know about that, but I do know my face & scalp stay broken out

all the time since treatment, when before I’d only get a zit once in a

blue moon.

De

(unknown)

Ok, group, I've been wondering about this for a long

time, but never asked. Do you think theres a corelation between tx and

bad skin because our sweat becomes acid? I am askin this because the

oddest thing happened during tx. well two odd things.

Ive been crocheting for 40 years. I use steel

hooks that are nickel plated or nickle not sure of the spelling. During tx and

ONLY during tx, you can see exactly where my fingers were on the hook, cuz it

took the nickel plating OFF the hook and turned it black where my fingers

touched, and also my dragon teeshirt, the one i wore on fridays as part of the

death to clyde shot night ceremony, got little tiny holes in it from me

sweating runnin fevers real high those nights. i mean it looks like

CHEESECLOTH theres so many holes. I have plenty of other hooks this never

happened to and plenty of other teeshirts this never happened to, so i was

pondering this. What do you think?

connie

Guest guest

I can say I dont know but with all the different things our bodies go thru with that stuff in us I believe anything at all is possible..

dconnie mcclain <crochetlady1001@...> wrote:

Ok, group, I've been wondering about this for a long time, but never asked. Do you think theres a corelation between tx and bad skin because our sweat becomes acid? I am askin this because the oddest thing happened during tx. well two odd things.

Ive been crocheting for 40 years. I use steel hooks that are nickel plated or nickle not sure of the spelling. During tx and ONLY during tx, you can see exactly where my fingers were on the hook, cuz it took the nickel plating OFF the hook and turned it black where my fingers touched, and also my dragon teeshirt, the one i wore on fridays as part of the death to clyde shot night ceremony, got little tiny holes in it from me sweating runnin fevers real high those nights. i mean it looks like CHEESECLOTH theres so many holes. I have plenty of other hooks this never happened to and plenty of other teeshirts this never happened to, so i was pondering this. What do you think?

connie

The light at the end of the tunnel may be you

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Guest guest

I don't know what to say about the crochet hooks and the tea shir.Your guess is as good as mine.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of connie mcclainSent: September 29, 2005 8:07 AMHepatitis Cfordummies Subject: (unknown)

Ok, group, I've been wondering about this for a long time, but never asked. Do you think theres a corelation between tx and bad skin because our sweat becomes acid? I am askin this because the oddest thing happened during tx. well two odd things.

Ive been crocheting for 40 years. I use steel hooks that are nickel plated or nickle not sure of the spelling. During tx and ONLY during tx, you can see exactly where my fingers were on the hook, cuz it took the nickel plating OFF the hook and turned it black where my fingers touched, and also my dragon teeshirt, the one i wore on fridays as part of the death to clyde shot night ceremony, got little tiny holes in it from me sweating runnin fevers real high those nights. i mean it looks like CHEESECLOTH theres so many holes. I have plenty of other hooks this never happened to and plenty of other teeshirts this never happened to, so i was pondering this. What do you think?

connie

The light at the end of the tunnel may be you