RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

--Anyone interested in helping out the cause to set up a fundto provide explant services to women who can not afford it-pleasesee my website at www.scriptdoc.enliveninternational.comI am donating 5% of my total income to help seed this(above described fund) that comes from my earnings from enliveninternational.Your support would be greatly appreciated...please check out the website and purhaps join us in becomming one of our sales associates and contribute your own portion of income to this cause...thanks..Kate GordonBreast Implant survivor :D

--------- Original Message ---------

DATE: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 23:02:07

< >

Cc: i love you, kacey! you are my girl!!- colleen

From: "kaceybu02" <kaceyalong@...>Reply- Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 04:28:35 -0000 Subject: (unknown)

Hi everyone,If you get a seconc, check out this week's issue of US Weekly magazine (p. 70, I think)! I would love to keep everyone updated, but it's just getting overwhelming! If you are able, check out the front page of the Wall Street Journal today (April 7), I have a quote in that article as well! And I was also featured in a few local papers. Here's the article:Wednesday, April 07, 2004 BRAVO KACEY!http://www.waxahachiedailylight.com/WAXAHACHIEDAILYLIGHT/sites/WAXAHACHIEDAILYLIGHT/1020edition/myarticles961278.asp?P=961278 & S=420 & PubID=15674One decision's impactEnnis girl discusses how complications from breast implants changed her lifeBy SANDRA MCINTOSHDaily Light staff writerENNIS – Kacey Long saw herself moving up the corporate ladder to a successful career at a very young age wh

en a personal decision changed the course and purpose of her life, possibly forever. "I wanted breast implants so I could look like in her portrayal of Brokovich," Long said. "I thought they would be fun, completely safe and maintenance free. I believed they would last forever."Just months after her mentor smooth saline breast implant surgery on July 25, 2001, was complete Long began having strange symptoms. They included pain in every joint, bone and muscle; chronic fatigue; hair loss; burning in her ribs and breasts; heart palpitations; trouble breathing and swallowing; extreme foot pain; night sweats; cold hands and feet; stiffness; depression; anxiety; and brain fog where she had great difficulty thinking clearly, remembering things and finding the right words to use.These symptoms were new to Long, who had been academically and athletically successful and healthy up to this point in her life. Almost overnight, she realized something was wrong with her and the long, painful process of finding out began. "My symptoms started just two months after I received my implants," she said. "I was sick for two years."Since that fateful day in July, the diagnosis handed down by her doctors consists of rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondilitis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and systemic silicone poisoning.During the two-year period of trying to find a diagnosis, she began to wonder if the problems stemmed from the implants, as her mother had suspected all along. As she began to research the breast implants in detail, she found three other women who became ill after they had been implanted with the same saline breast implants. Today, she is in contact with hundreds of women who still find themselves in the same situation.As soon as the connection was made, she located a surgeon who specializes in implant removal, Dr. Melmed of Dallas Medical City. On Sept. 17, 2003, just three months after the connection between illness and implants was made, the implants that Long thought would be "perky" and trouble-free were explanted. "I do feel much better now that my breast implants have been removed," she said. "I knew to feel any relief at all, they had to come out. Since all this has happened, my purpose in life has taken a drastic turn."The burden she feels to educate women, as well as men, on the pros and cons of saline breast implants has become the ruling factor in how she spends her "good" time. No longer able to hold down a full-time job due to her continued poor health, on the days that she is feeling strong and somewhat energetic, she can be found at her computer, on the phone or at one of the many personal appearances she's scheduled in the past few months. "I want to send o

ut a message," she said. "Leave the breasts God gave you alone and just be glad you're healthy. I want them (women) to have an understanding of the life they could possibly have after breast implants."Long has gained so much from her experience that she wants others to know the possible side effects before ever going under the knife. "My saline implants did not rupture," she said. "The shell, or outer encasement, that holds the saline solution is made of silicone. I believe the silicone shell is what made me so ill." Long realizes that the implants were everything she thought they would be and more. They were ascetically pleasing to the eye, but what she didn't understand going into the augmentation surgery was the extra weight her back and shoulders would be supporting. She also didn't know enough about breast tissue and its effects on breast implant "perkiness" beforehand. "They were very heavy," she said

.. "Imagine wearing two water-filled bras at the same time, all the time. I found myself slumping forward because of their excessive weight."Since the implant removal, Long's story has been told in many media outlets, including MTV's "I Want a Famous Face," the Today Show, the New York Post and U.S. Weekly to name only a few. She understands fully the impact her story is already having on women and theirdecision to make an honest, educated choice about breast implants. "I am experiencing more opportunities and challenges then ever before," she said. "If I had it to do over again, I would not have the implants. But, I am a much nicer person now, much more understanding than I was prior to all the problems caused by the implants."When Long makes public appearances, she feels she is representing everyone with saline implants – those like her with similar stories, as well as those who are perfectly satisfied. These appearances afford her the forum to tell her story openly and honestly, without embarrassment, in hopes of offering as much information to other women as possible."I try to look and sound as healthy as possible," she said. "I don't want to make everyone uncomfortable, but if telling my story makes them uncomfortable, so what. It needs to be told and I'm going to continue telling it."She firmly believes that the breast implant issue is about to change. She thinks people are about to wake up to the possibility that saline breast implants may not be as "safe" as people have claimed them to be. She hopes that by the time she has children of her own, she will have helped make breast implants a thing of the past."It's not the size of your chest that matters," she said. "God made you the way he made you. Looking good isn't worth the pain that the implants caused. I hope others can learn from my experie

nce." ~~~~~~~~~~~For more on this important topic, please visit:www.BreastImplantAwareness.orgKacey's website: www.implantsout.comI have a television interview with Fox national tomorrow! Say a prayer for me! I'll be sure to let you know when that will air. Thanks so much!Kacey

Guest guest

Hi,

Acupuncture would relieve stress, relieve muscle spasm but it cannot be expected to "treat" achalasia. You need to understand how achalasia affects the person and how much damage is done to the nerves and the oesophagus to see that acupuncture cannot "treat" it - it is not a magic potion, but a useful tool to treat stress, and could boost your health by balancing your various energy fields. Acupuncture has helped me for other things but it cannot do very much for achalasia.

Look at the links on the website to read about the causes and how achalasia affect people. Also read the individual posts to get an idea of how complex a condition this is. If you have any specific questions please do ask we are here to help you understand.

Joan

ICN ConsultantJohannesburg South Africajpearse@...

(unknown)

Has anyone tried acupuncture to treat achalasia?

Guest guest

I'm just looking for alternatives to surgery/western medicine. I've

tried the balloon dilation without success. I have no interest in

having the surgery.

I had read this article

http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB/Proceedings/PR05000/PR00003.htm

about vets and wondered what people's experiences were using this

treatment.

> Hi,

> Acupuncture would relieve stress, relieve muscle spasm but it

cannot be expected to " treat " achalasia. You need to understand how

achalasia affects the person and how much damage is done to the

nerves and the oesophagus to see that acupuncture cannot " treat " it -

it is not a magic potion, but a useful tool to treat stress, and

could boost your health by balancing your various energy fields.

Acupuncture has helped me for other things but it cannot do very much

for achalasia.

>

> Look at the links on the website to read about the causes and how

achalasia affect people. Also read the individual posts to get an

idea of how complex a condition this is. If you have any specific

questions please do ask we are here to help you understand.

>

> Joan

> ICN Consultant

> Johannesburg

> South Africa

> jpearse@p...

> (unknown)

>

>

> Has anyone tried acupuncture to treat achalasia?

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

-Barby

Thanks for responding. I didn't post pics for that reason either.

Also, the ps didn't do something--a lift?--and the skin had

stretched and now there is some sagging. I intend to go back someday

and see what can be done. But for the meantime, like you, I am so

glad just to have those terrible implants out. It is more important

to have your health. Besides, I have been married to two wonderful

men and neither let my flat chest bother them. I have to admit, it

always bothered me though. I could never believe they found me

sexually appealing. My first husband never asked me to get them.

But when I asked what he thought, he was pretty enthuisastic!!

After he died I remember thinking how could I tell someone else I

had implants. My new husband never acted like he knew, but we had

only been married a couple of months when I found this support group

and decided they were at least part of the cause I was so sick. It

was very hard to tell him that not only did I have implants, but

that I was really very flat and they were coming out!!

He was great and was by my side for everything. I have never had

the nerve to ask him if he misses them --what guy would prefer flat

to having something? But we have a great sex life so it couldn't

bother him too badly. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs, kathy

-- In , BARBY4271@A... wrote:

> Kathy,

> I am extremely flat also. I am a AA now too. I look awful naked,

since I am

> extremely skinny and flat chested. I havent posted any pics

because I am so

> flat chested . But, I much rather be like this than have those

implants that

> made me so sick. So you arent alone I know what its like.

> Barby

Guest guest

Hi, Connie.

I think neck woes are pretty common in us flatback sufferers. I'd think being

fused all the way up to T2 would make it even worse. That's about the highest

I've heard of.

I hope you're seeing a surgeon with significant experience treating flatback and

performing revision surgery. There is a list (by no means exhaustive) of

surgeons who are or may be good flatback docs in a database on the feisty site.

This may be helpful to you in finding an appropriate doctor.

Good luck.

Sharon

(unknown)

Hi everyone, Iam new to this group too, I joined a couple of weeks

ago, Ive been reading your post's and Iam glad to see how everyone is

responding to eachother's problems, it's nice to know you can talk to

someone and have them listen. Ive had a harrington rod in my back for

17 years, it starts at t2 and goes to L4, ive had alot of problems

with my neck and my left lower back. I just had a mri of my neck and

I go and find out the results mon 26th. I am curious to see if any of

you have problems with your neck too. I was told I had flatback

syndrome about 5 years ago. but never had anything done about it.

They talked about surgery, but they are talking about 3 different

surgerys to correct the problem ,but said that it's not a guranatee.

They also detected arthritis in my back too. Iam not sure if I should

have the surgery or not. This doctor iam going to see is a differnet

doctor then i had seen before. It's been 5-6 years since i had seen a

doctor for my back, and then was told not to have anymore children,

and i have had 2 since then and i think that might be why i am having

so much problems with my back now. I hope iam not boring you. i just

needed to vent. Ive been stressin latley over my back. Thanks for

listen.

Support for scoliosis-surgery veterans with Harrington Rod Malalignment

Syndrome. Not medical advice. Group does not control ads or endorse any

advertised products.

Guest guest

a,

The reason they say that darvocet is bad for your liver is because it contains tylenol as does vicodin and alot of other pain medicines. I have a herniated disk and my drs give me oxycodone on top of other treatments. you can take alot of oxycodone without harm to your liver. maybe you could suggest it to your drs but they are kinda weary about giving it out.

God bless

Cece

transplant 8/17/03paula delarosa <pdelarosa@...> wrote:

Hi Jan....

This is a new internal medicine doctor for me since the last one I had did not speak English. I'm on disability and sometimes we don't get much of a choice on who takes medicaid. I am on dis for my rheumatoid arthritis. I do know what my doctors say but they all say different things such as:

My rheumatologist said it is okay to take the darvocet

My new internal med physician told me this past Monday not to take the darvocet to take celebrex in place of. That the darvocet is bad for the liver.

The GI that I saw (that my rheumy requested I see) did not take any blood, did not do a physical...just looked over my past blood work and told me that the liver enzymes were not bad and that I could do another repeat test in a month to check and then get an ultrasound done. I wasn't happy with him at all. And will have my int med request a GI that she has knowledge of and trusts.

So, I have my rheumy telling me the darvocet is okay... (but I'm reading that it's not good for the liver..like tylenol) my new int med dr saying it's not okay..my Gastroenterologist saying the levels aren't bad....etc,

I'm kind of grumpy today myself since I received this bloodwork result at 3:30 today when everyone is gone for the weekend so I'm not much of a happy camper either.

Thanks for your help..a

Guest guest

Amen, sista!!! Exactly how I think!!!!

Reply-

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:14:15 -0000

Subject: (unknown)

I guess we are all so strong willed and pig headed,

THAT GOD HAD TO HIT US ON THE HEAD WITH A 2 X 4

And maybe because we are so strong willed and pig headed, and having

gone through what we have,

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERNCE AND CHANGE HOW THE WORLD LOOKS AT IMPLANTS.

Love Cricket

Guest guest

You said it Cricket!

Pam

> Amen, sista!!! Exactly how I think!!!!

>

> From: " cricket5643000 " <cricket5643000@y...>

> Reply-

> Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:14:15 -0000

>

> Subject: (unknown)

>

>

> I guess we are all so strong willed and pig headed,

>

>

>

> THAT GOD HAD TO HIT US ON THE HEAD WITH A 2 X 4

>

> And maybe because we are so strong willed and pig headed, and having

> gone through what we have,

>

> WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERNCE AND CHANGE HOW THE WORLD LOOKS AT IMPLANTS.

>

> Love Cricket

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

F.Y.I

THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN THESE NUMBERS.....

BONNIE,LUKES MOM

Donna <dma_nc1@...> wrote:

Rhode Island

Rhode Island Rates with Childhood Immunizations and Health Care

Access

The National Immunization Survey reported Rhode Island's childhood

(age 19 to 35 months) vaccination rate (two series) of 90.4 percent

and 89.1 percent. This makes Rhode Island's rate the highest in the

nation! http://www.nphic.org/newsletters/NL0400.htm

**After reading this, I had to look up the autism rate for Rhode

Island! Go figure!**

Unfortunately, Rhode Island may now have a distinction it did not

seek:

A disproportionately large number of children with autism per capita.

The Special Education Census published yearly by the Rhode Island

Department of Education (DOE) lists 14 categories of primary

disabilities, by school district. Two categories, Autism and

Behavior Disorders (BD) have risen sharply of late.

Autism has increased by 1,115 % between 1994 and 2002 in Rhode

Island schools.

http://www.nphic.org/newsletters/NL0400.htm

=======================================================

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/27/2004 11:12:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, aevans2@... writes:

I was tested for lupus several times in the past 6 years since my neice started showing signs.

I believe that your body is programed from day one as to what illnesses it will have or not have.

I'm trusting God that I remain healthy.

Amy

Amy,

i am one of 15 brothers and sisters.....36 nieces and nephews, 15 great nieces and nephews and millions of aunts and uncles and not one person in my family has anything that i have.........and mine all started a few months after getting silicone implants...the only problem i see is that doctors are finally NOW seeing AFTER they take them out that they are leaking and causing all these problems, all of this will eventually be documented and all the illnesses that they cause will be too, then maybe women will believe in the truth once and for all......and think twice before putting anything foreign into your body because it is a huge risk....i thank God i talked my two daughters into not doing this, and that to appreciate what bodies they have, and don't let any remarks or snarls or what men think bother then, don't let society take over thinking big is in and if they felt insecure as most women do, remember health is better than boobs....thats the problem with society today they make women feel insecure with small breasts....not so small is just as sexy....i only wish i didn't learn the hard way.....and i am glad my daughters aren't ignorant to see the truth......they saw it first hand...take a look into the silicone holocause site and then maybe you will think twice...it will make you sick to your stomach but at least you will see the truth....this is your body and your life you do what you have to do.....i wonder if women would run as fast to do this if cancer was involved.......which I am sure that is too.......oh well good luck and I sincerely pray nothing goes wrong...

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/28/2004 12:42:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, aevans2@... writes:

I'm having the SALINE IMPLANTS.....NOT THE SILICONES.

Amy

its the same thing...........the shell the saline is in is silicone and it sweats.......and if you did your research you will see what sweating means in terms of implants....best of luck......

Guest guest

--- Amy, I beg to differ that you call them complaints, please

respect our illnesses that is what they were, NOT complaints, best of

luck... Iggy

In , " Amy & Dale " <aevans2@w...> wrote:

> There is a possibility that something major can happen at any

given moment of your life.

> Things happen. I've heard all the information. This is what I'm

going to do. I feel that this is right for me.

>

> I have done all of the research....listened to all of your

complaints...and I've listened to alot of women who are happy with

thiers.

> And now....Im going to have the surgery.

> I'm sorry that your ill. I wish you the best of luck. Good luck.

I wish all of you health and happiness.

>

> Amy

> (unknown)

>

>

> I'm sorry lady's if I caused some disruption here. But I did say

I

> was in a bad mood and I think you all know why.

> I may have taken it out on Amy. I just didn't get it. I can't

> understand it, and I don't think I ever will.

>

>

> I would have given anything to have gotten this kind of

imformation

> before I had made the discussion to get implants. Because I know

> that I never would have gone through with it. For one I'm a big

> chicken. I've never even likes taking pills. And know look at me.

I

> had to right down what Im taking and what time. And I know that

if

> we all sent pictures of of counter with all the stuff we have to

> take because of the implants, it would look like a drug store.

>

> Love Cricket

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

There is a possibility that something major can happen at any given moment of your life.

Things happen. I've heard all the information. This is what I'm going to do. I feel that this is right for me.

I have done all of the research....listened to all of your complaints...and I've listened to alot of women who are happy with thiers.

And now....Im going to have the surgery.

I'm sorry that your ill. I wish you the best of luck. Good luck. I wish all of you health and happiness.

Amy

(unknown)

I'm sorry lady's if I caused some disruption here. But I did say I was in a bad mood and I think you all know why.I may have taken it out on Amy. I just didn't get it. I can't understand it, and I don't think I ever will.I would have given anything to have gotten this kind of imformation before I had made the discussion to get implants. Because I know that I never would have gone through with it. For one I'm a big chicken. I've never even likes taking pills. And know look at me. I had to right down what Im taking and what time. And I know that if we all sent pictures of of counter with all the stuff we have to take because of the implants, it would look like a drug store.Love Cricket

Guest guest

I was tested for lupus several times in the past 6 years since my neice started showing signs.

I believe that your body is programed from day one as to what illnesses it will have or not have.

Amy

(unknown)

Did you know that if you have a family member with and autoimmune disease such as luspus, that there is a gentic link and putting implants into your body can trigger this disease in you. The gentic code is already there.

Guest guest

I'm having the SALINE IMPLANTS.....NOT THE SILICONES.

Amy

Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 10:31 PM

Subject: Re: (unknown)

In a message dated 4/27/2004 11:12:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, aevans2@... writes:

Amy

Amy,

i am one of 15 brothers and sisters.....36 nieces and nephews, 15 great nieces and nephews and millions of aunts and uncles and not one person in my family has anything that i have.........and mine all started a few months after getting silicone implants...the only problem i see is that doctors are finally NOW seeing AFTER they take them out that they are leaking and causing all these problems, all of this will eventually be documented and all the illnesses that they cause will be too, then maybe women will believe in the truth once and for all......and think twice before putting anything foreign into your body because it is a huge risk....i thank God i talked my two daughters into not doing this, and that to appreciate what bodies they have, and don't let any remarks or snarls or what men think bother then, don't let society take over thi! nking big is in and if they felt insecure as most women do, remember health is better than boobs....thats the problem with society today they make women feel insecure with small breasts....not so small is just as sexy....i only wish i didn't learn the hard way.....and i am glad my daughters aren't ignorant to see the truth......they saw it first hand...take a look into the silicone holocause site and then maybe you will think twice...it will make you sick to your stomach but at least you will see the truth....this is your body and your life you do what you have to do.....i wonder if women would run as fast to do this if cancer was involved.......which I am sure that is too.......oh well good luck and I sincerely pray nothing goes wrong...

Guest guest

Amy,

Women who have silicone gel and those who have saline implants have

the same type of symptoms when they become ill. You will still be

exposed to silicone, even with saline implants. There is more

danger of silicone rupture and leakage with gel implants, but there

is also the dangers of fungus and bacterial contamination of saline.

Either way, it's dangerous.

Patty

--- In , " Amy & Dale " <aevans2@w...>

wrote:

> I'm having the SALINE IMPLANTS.....NOT THE SILICONES.

> Amy

Guest guest

Tom,

I can imagine the benefits are probably much better for Illinois state

employees than Georgia. I would guess Illinois has a real good pension plan

and good health insurance. Believe me, I'm a federal employee mostly for

the health insurance, plus I like where I work now. Notice I said now.

I would hope you would get much better healthcare at Wash. U. now especially

with good state insurance. Things have changed dramatically since 1997 in

terms of available treatments. There's really been a huge leap forward, a

revolution really, in AS and RS/ReA treatment in just the last couple of

years. Enbrel has been shown to work really well on the

spondyloarthropathies. Wash. U should be up on all that. The only sticky

wicket sometimes is getting insurance to pay for it (Enbrel's really really

expensive). In the federal government, we choose from a long list of health

plans. I actually switched from Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO to National

Association of Letter rs PPO (open to all federal employees) to get

Enbrel paid for. Blue Cross/Blue Shield can be skanky about paying for

these new injectable highly expensive drugs. I've had absolutely no problem

with National Association of Letter rs paying for it. They didn't

even balk at going up to 3 times a week when the FDA-approved dose is only

twice a week.

So, in short, there have been a lot of discoveries in just the last few

years and they're a lot more aggressive about treating our diseases than

they were even in 1997. If anybody today says there's not much they can do

for Reiter's or AS run or limp out of the office as fast as you can and get

your money back, because there are lots of highly effective treatments now.

Praise the Lord.,

Good luck and let us know if you get the Illinois job,

Janet in SF

Guest guest

Thank you a. You are very kind. I am going to be just fine!

Debby

-----Original

Message-----

[mailto:pdelarosa@...]

Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004

5:59 AM

Subject: [ ]

(unknown)

Hi Debby....

I'm glad that you like your GP> I guess

that to go the hospital with the good rep you have to put up with some

things.

I had no idea about the clips. I'm just happy

that you're feeling better.

a

Group

Rules

1. Please no religious, political, race or sexual

preference discussions.

2. NO slamming of other members, advertising or

vulgarity. Thank you!

To UNsubscribe send a blank e-mail to

-unsubscribeegroups

Guest guest

Hey COnnie,

My fusion is T-2 to L-4. However, something has happened since my original

surgery because I've had numerous docs say my fusion is only to L-3. Odd huh?

Anyway, I am trying to obtain my medical records. But my dad had some info on

microfilm. Ancient way of storing info. LOL

I had a doctor recommendation for Rand, but need to delete my praises for him.

My experience was not good last week. So I'm not one to ask.

Anyhow, I have neck pain, low back pain and definitely hip pain. I just had my

4th child 6 months ago. After my second I was told I'd never have children

without C-Section procedure. Well, I've never had a C-Section.

Anyhow, I think you just described me. Arthritis, flatback, and lots of excess

pain in my lower and upper back. My knees are starting to go too.

I wish you well, and I hope you find a good doc. I'm on that journey too. :)

xoxo's

Guest guest

COMPLAINTS???!!!!

Reply-

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:56:21 -0500

< >

Subject: Re: (unknown)

There is a possibility that something major can happen at any given moment of your life.

Things happen. I've heard all the information. This is what I'm going to do. I feel that this is right for me.

I have done all of the research....listened to all of your complaints...and I've listened to alot of women who are happy with thiers.

And now....Im going to have the surgery.

I'm sorry that your ill. I wish you the best of luck. Good luck. I wish all of you health and happiness.

Amy

(unknown)

I'm sorry lady's if I caused some disruption here. But I did say I

was in a bad mood and I think you all know why.

I may have taken it out on Amy. I just didn't get it. I can't

understand it, and I don't think I ever will.

I would have given anything to have gotten this kind of imformation

before I had made the discussion to get implants. Because I know

that I never would have gone through with it. For one I'm a big

chicken. I've never even likes taking pills. And know look at me. I

had to right down what Im taking and what time. And I know that if

we all sent pictures of of counter with all the stuff we have to

take because of the implants, it would look like a drug store.

Love Cricket

Guest guest

I completely agree with you.. I had one built up shoe (4 inches) until I was

20, and it is the worst thing for your self confidence.. 10 to 15 were the

worst.. kids are cruel..

>From: " princessgoldenpelt " <princessgoldenpelt@...>

>Reply-Joint Replacement

>Joint Replacement

>Subject: (unknown)

>Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 21:10:27 -0000

>

>I am so depressed! I just need to vent and some encouragement. I

>am 34 years old. In 2004 after 9 years on dialysis I had a

>successful kidney transplant. While I was on dialysis I fell and

>snapped the ball off my left hip joint. I was given a total hip

>replacement. I have been trying to get back on my feet, started

>back to work after 9 years off, working 14 hour days. I went to

>physician because I had a slight limp and had bad backaches at the

>end of the day. I was having NO pain in my leg and as I stated was

>worked upwards of 14 hours on my feet. The doctor said my hardware

>was coming out and I needed a new hip replacement. I cried, stated

>I had no pain wasn't there any other way? No. I thought about it.

>I didn't want to be 34 and have a limp, no matter how slight.

>Besides that I have a 4 year old step son and I wanted to be able to

>run and keep up with him. I gave the go ahead on the surgery. I

>kept asking the doctor. I will walk straight, no limp, right? He

>assured me it would be so. I am now I month post op. The surgery

>went well, I was full weight bearing 1 day post op. Here is my

>problem. He made my leg over 1 and 1/2 inches longer than my normal

>leg. I can't walk very far, I can't stand longer than a minute or

>two. I can't wash dishes, clean house,I can't go to the grocery

>store. The pain from the uneven length makes doing anything simple

>a complex chore....I can't even leave the house. How am I suppose to

>chase after and play with little P.J now? I have to have special

>shoes made and when I saw them I just started crying. One tennis

>shoe is normal the other is a platform shoe, 70's style that I

>teeter on like I am in 7-in high heels. I feel like a freak. I

>just cry myself to sleep wishing I had not had the surgery. They

>told me to throw out all my shoes I could never wear them

>again...Ladies out there, can you imagine, throw away all your

>shoes. They told me I can never go barefoot again. I can never go

>into a shoe store and buy a pair of shoes. Here is the topper I

>finally got a job interview this coming week after trying for a year

>at the local hospital so I can finally stop working in the nursing

>home which is hard, hard work. I don't know what to do. If I wear

>those shoes to the interview, I am sunk. I have to wear

>something...but I don't know what to do. A few people have

>suggested seeking legal council. I am not sure what to do.....Any

>advice would be appreciated...Thank you all for listening.

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Please post to this site.

(unknown)

I had a dietitian calling from New York who needs a job description

for a bariatric dietitian working in a hospital setting. Does anyone

have one they would like to share? I have always worked as a

consulting dietitian so I cannot help on this one.

Thanks for your responses!

Sally Myers, RD, CPT

Bariatric Coordinator

Guest guest

Have known of Miracle Mountain for awhile, NC residents are lucky to have

you. I wish it would spread to the West coast. Wishing the best results

for .

Ron

Guest guest

We rec. no more than 8 oz. juice daily, preferably closer to 4 oz. daily.

Generally pts don't have fresh fruit until they are ~4-6 weeks out. 4 weeks out

for melons and soft fruits. 6+ weeks for apples, etc.

- I think the guidelines look good. You may consider adding an

explanation about what you mean by a serving of CHO, vegetable, etc. Do you

think this meal plan provides enough CHO? I generally rec. 130 g CHO daily.

Maybe separating out dairy from the meats would provided the extra CHO needed.

Letendre, MS,RD,LD

Bariatric Surgery Program

Dept. of General Surgery

(603)650-8810

Guest guest

I got the number from an article in a diabetes management publication, which

stated a minimum of 130 g CHO daily. I think it was an increase from 100 g

previously. I figure pts eat ~1000-1200 kcal per day, provided 50% of kcal come

from CHO it adds up to somewhere around 130 g daily.

Letendre, MS,RD,LD

Bariatric Surgery Program

Dept. of General Surgery

(603)650-8810