RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Minn. mom fights church ban on her autistic son

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Your comments have validity, . If a person is dangerous to him-or-herself or to the public, these facts must be taken into consideration.

Tha caveat is this: the difficulty seems to be in deciding who and or what entity decides what definitions will be used to label these various behaviors; and what is the difference between these label definitions. For example, just what is the difference between "dangerous," "inconvenient," and "embarrassing?"~~Ruth/REU

Re: Re: Minn. mom fights church ban on her autistic son

Okay, I'll broach this a different way. My brother is schizophrenic and was arrested for being naked in public around young kids. He's mentally ill. Maybe he shouldn't have been arrested, maybe we should just try to "understand" him.

After all, it's not his fault.

[no-forced-vaccinat ion] Minn. mom fights church ban on her > autistic son> > > > > > http://news. / s/ap/20080601/ ap_on_re_ us/church_ > autistic_ child;_ylt= AvtncHg37saUas0I fscCQKtH2ocA> >>

Guest guest

I couldn't agree more. ~~Ruth/REU

Re: Minn. mom fights church ban on her autistic son

Fear is the unknown of something..Not knowing about the problem and how to deal with it is IGNORNANCE..The only way to stop ignorance is to educate people about it so that more people would understand and want to help.> > >> > > On the one hand I feel bad for her, on the other hand if he's > > dangerous, he's dangerous. I dont' understand how "understanding" > > autism helps one if a 6' boy is about to run over them to be the > > first out of the pew. > > > > > > > > > [no-forced-vaccinat ion] Minn. mom fights church ban on > her > > autistic son> > > > > > > > > http://news. / s/ap/20080601/ ap_on_re_ us/church_ > > autistic_ child;_ylt= AvtncHg37saUas0I fscCQKtH2ocA> > >> >>

Guest guest

Fear is the unknown of something..Not knowing about the problem and how to deal with it is IGNORNANCE..The only way to stop ignorance is to educate people about it so that more people would understand and want to help.> > >> > > On the one hand I feel bad for her, on the other hand if he's > > dangerous, he's dangerous. I dont' understand how "understanding" > > autism helps one if a 6' boy is about to run over them to be the > > first out of the pew. > > > > > > > > > [no-forced-vaccinat ion] Minn. mom fights church ban on > her > > autistic son> > > > > > > > > http://news. / s/ap/20080601/ ap_on_re_ us/church_ > > autistic_ child;_ylt= AvtncHg37saUas0I fscCQKtH2ocA> > >> >>

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

True. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I hope that the mother finds or already has the helps she probably needs.

[no-forced-vaccinat ion] Minn. mom fights church ban on her > autistic son> > > > > > http://news. / s/ap/20080601/ ap_on_re_ us/church_ > autistic_ child;_ylt= AvtncHg37saUas0I fscCQKtH2ocA> >>

Guest guest

True. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I hope that the mother finds or already has the helps she probably needs.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

Amen!! ~~Ruth/REU

RE: Re: Minn. mom fights church ban on her autistic son

What would Jesus do? My educated guess is that Jesus would ask every single person in that church to pray for that boy every day.

We’re talking about a Catholic church that permits vaccines, yes, as long as they don’t have aborted fetal tissue. Though, I’m talking about the part of the religion that is waiting for Jesus to return. What if that boy IS Jesus? Those “Catholics†are out of luck… If Jesus were in that church in body, not spirit, He would cast those people who shunned the boy at that church and call them sinners, and he’d have that boy right up there by his side with whoever was left while he preached.

Ange

From: no-forced-vaccination [mailto:no-forced-vaccination ] On Behalf Of ClemonsSent: Monday, June 02, 2008 1:48 PMno-forced-vaccination Subject: Re: Re: Minn. mom fights church ban on her autistic son

If you follow the bible, Jesus wouldn't have put all those vaccines in him or his mother anyway............then maybe he wouldn't have austism so bad he doesn't even know when and where he is urinating.

Guest guest

Amen!! ~~Ruth/REU

What would Jesus do? My educated guess is that Jesus would ask every single person in that church to pray for that boy every day.

We’re talking about a Catholic church that permits vaccines, yes, as long as they don’t have aborted fetal tissue. Though, I’m talking about the part of the religion that is waiting for Jesus to return. What if that boy IS Jesus? Those “Catholics†are out of luck… If Jesus were in that church in body, not spirit, He would cast those people who shunned the boy at that church and call them sinners, and he’d have that boy right up there by his side with whoever was left while he preached.

Ange

From: no-forced-vaccination [mailto:no-forced-vaccination ] On Behalf Of ClemonsSent: Monday, June 02, 2008 1:48 PMno-forced-vaccination Subject: Re: Re: Minn. mom fights church ban on her autistic son

If you follow the bible, Jesus wouldn't have put all those vaccines in him or his mother anyway............then maybe he wouldn't have austism so bad he doesn't even know when and where he is urinating.

Guest guest

Amen!! ~~Ruth/REU

Ange

Guest guest

Amen!! ~~Ruth/REU

Ange

Guest guest

To Karla, , , , Jackie and any others whom I may have left out:

My apologies for having posted this article in response to Karla's having posted an article with a link about this same situation. I agree--it has been interesting. I also agree that it has gotten out of hand. In any case, I hope my apologies will be accepted.~~Ruth/REU

This has been an interesting study, but needs to be put to rest, on our personal views of this story..

It shouldn't have started name calling, personal attacks, or religious venting, as some here may not be overtly religious. As we know, religion and politics and even Baseball, lol, can get out of hand. It wasn't our story, altho most have empathy, and personal references to their opinions, or input on this disturbing development.

So wish this family well, and support them in spirit, that a good solution or outcome will be found for the satisfaction of all concerned. And feel badly that it had to reach media sensationalism to get that attention it may need to find resolve. This type of media story is intended to rile the masses. We Bit!

As far as the question of why the mom needs to feel she has to separate the autistic son from the rest of the family sometimes, you would have to ask her.

I dont know about the rest of you, but I really dont want to see any more posts with this header, lol.

All Hold hands now and sing Kumbya. Glad Day ~ Karla in IL

Guest guest

To Karla, , , , Jackie and any others whom I may have left out:

My apologies for having posted this article in response to Karla's having posted an article with a link about this same situation. I agree--it has been interesting. I also agree that it has gotten out of hand. In any case, I hope my apologies will be accepted.~~Ruth/REU

This has been an interesting study, but needs to be put to rest, on our personal views of this story..

It shouldn't have started name calling, personal attacks, or religious venting, as some here may not be overtly religious. As we know, religion and politics and even Baseball, lol, can get out of hand. It wasn't our story, altho most have empathy, and personal references to their opinions, or input on this disturbing development.

So wish this family well, and support them in spirit, that a good solution or outcome will be found for the satisfaction of all concerned. And feel badly that it had to reach media sensationalism to get that attention it may need to find resolve. This type of media story is intended to rile the masses. We Bit!

As far as the question of why the mom needs to feel she has to separate the autistic son from the rest of the family sometimes, you would have to ask her.

I dont know about the rest of you, but I really dont want to see any more posts with this header, lol.

Guest guest

Dear Ruth, I'm sorry that you feel you have to apologize....you have done nothing wrong.I'm just getting around to my multitude of e-mail since this the header was posted and have only read a few responses to this topic so far and I can sense that the 'atmosphere' is unpleasant....let's all move past this and focus on group unity. Take care, Jackieputney1963@... wrote: To Karla, , , , Jackie and any others whom I may have left out: My apologies for having posted this article in response to Karla's having posted an article with a link about this same situation. I agree--it has been interesting. I also agree that it has gotten out of hand. In any case, I hope my apologies will be accepted.~~Ruth/REU Re: Re: Minn. mom fights church ban on her autistic son This has

been an interesting study, but needs to be put to rest, on our personal views of this story.. It shouldn't have started name calling, personal attacks, or religious venting, as some here may not be overtly religious. As we know, religion and politics and even Baseball, lol, can get out of hand. It wasn't our story, altho most have empathy, and personal references to their opinions, or input on this disturbing development. So wish this family well, and support them in spirit, that a good solution or outcome will be found for the satisfaction of all concerned. And feel badly that it had to reach media sensationalism to get that attention it may need to find resolve. This type of media story is intended to rile the masses. We Bit! As far as the question of why the mom needs to feel she has to separate the autistic son from the rest of the family sometimes, you would

have to ask her. I dont know about the rest of you, but I really dont want to see any more posts with this header, lol. All Hold hands now and sing Kumbya. Glad Day ~ Karla in IL

Guest guest

Dear Ruth, I'm sorry that you feel you have to apologize....you have done nothing wrong.I'm just getting around to my multitude of e-mail since this the header was posted and have only read a few responses to this topic so far and I can sense that the 'atmosphere' is unpleasant....let's all move past this and focus on group unity. Take care, Jackieputney1963@... wrote: To Karla, , , , Jackie and any others whom I may have left out: My apologies for having posted this article in response to Karla's having posted an article with a link about this same situation. I agree--it has been interesting. I also agree that it has gotten out of hand. In any case, I hope my apologies will be accepted.~~Ruth/REU Re: Re: Minn. mom fights church ban on her autistic son This has

been an interesting study, but needs to be put to rest, on our personal views of this story.. It shouldn't have started name calling, personal attacks, or religious venting, as some here may not be overtly religious. As we know, religion and politics and even Baseball, lol, can get out of hand. It wasn't our story, altho most have empathy, and personal references to their opinions, or input on this disturbing development. So wish this family well, and support them in spirit, that a good solution or outcome will be found for the satisfaction of all concerned. And feel badly that it had to reach media sensationalism to get that attention it may need to find resolve. This type of media story is intended to rile the masses. We Bit! As far as the question of why the mom needs to feel she has to separate the autistic son from the rest of the family sometimes, you would

have to ask her. I dont know about the rest of you, but I really dont want to see any more posts with this header, lol. All Hold hands now and sing Kumbya. Glad Day ~ Karla in IL

Guest guest

Thank you, however, it's a difference of opinion, there is nothing for you to apologize for. I don't recall you calling anyone a hateful member of the KKK.

Re: [no-forced-vaccinat ion] Re: Minn. mom fights church ban on her autistic son

Guest guest

Thank you, however, it's a difference of opinion, there is nothing for you to apologize for. I don't recall you calling anyone a hateful member of the KKK.

Re: [no-forced-vaccinat ion] Re: Minn. mom fights church ban on her autistic son

Guest guest

Yes, I don't feel it is necessary for you to apologize for posting it..

I don't think anyone of us really knew it was going to escalate into

such a long hot tempered discussion over a case that we don't have all

the full details on.. In that, I mean the..details which we are not

privy to since we aren't first hand involved or weren't at the actual

scene..

Naturally, some of us are more prone to being emotionally charged by

commments said by others..especially when we ourselves may suffer

similarities to people in the posted stories..

Hugs,

Guest guest

Thank you. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. ~~Ruth/REU

Yes, I don't feel it is necessary for you to apologize for posting it..I don't think anyone of us really knew it was going to escalate into such a long hot tempered discussion over a case that we don't have all the full details on.. In that, I mean the..details which we are not privy to since we aren't first hand involved or weren't at the actual scene..Naturally, some of us are more prone to being emotionally charged by commments said by others..especially when we ourselves may suffer similarities to people in the posted stories..Hugs,

Guest guest

Many years ago I taught emotionally disturbed and brain damaged

children.Many of those children were autistic,so I can not be accused

of not " understanding autism. " I understand it better than most I can

tell you that a 6' 225 pound person can be dangerous. A 6' 225

autistic, uncontrolled person is MORE than dangerous!!!

It is obvious the parents can not control Adam; they even admit they

have to sit on him and restrain him at home from time to time. Well,

that alone should tell them that he can not be trusted among other people.

Autistics tend to be volatile. I realize that is pigeon holing, but

due to their inability to communicate, they frustrate easily. Also, if

their routine is broken they tend to get difficult. They need

structure; that may be Adam's problem. The church is not part

of his normal routine and the people are always different, the

situation is fluid and he just can't deal with it. His mother should

recognize that dragging him into church is only going to make him more

difficult to handle. He doesn't know what is going on and, therefore,

gets nothing from going to church. All it does is put other

people in unnecessary danger.

The fact that he was able to get into a car, start it and " race the

engine " is enough to tell me that they can not, or will not, make the

necessary effort to control him and, therefore, the actions on the

part of the church were warranted. The mother refused to even

entertain the idea of compromise on the video feed tells me that she

is one of those, " You have to deal with MY problem whether you want to

or not " kind of people. Would she have felt the same way if he had put

that car in gear and run over another child or several people? Or if

he pushes down one of the elderly people and they break their hip?

What would be her excuse, the ones the gang members use when an

innocent bystander gets caught in the crossfire of one of the gang

battles, " They shouldn't have been there " ?

Adam can't take responsibility for his actions, therefore, the

responsibility falls on the shoulders of his parents. If they refuse

to accept that responsibility, then the state needs to step in and

remove him from the home. In my estimation, forcing this boy

into the obviously frustrating situation of the church environment

just to prove a point is child abuse and should be treated as such. He

should not have to endure the disruption because his mother will not

deal with the situation in a reasonable manner. If the state were to

give her a " reality check " by making her realize that she is abusing

him by forcing him into that kind of environment may wake her up. If

not, well, it may end up in court. I don't really think she could win,

especially with all the current evidence of his being totally

uncontrollable and, clearly, can be a menace to those around him. It

isn't his fault, but that doesn't mean everyone has to tolerate the

danger he represents just to appease his mother.

Dr. Lynda Hardin-Poston

Guest guest

The mother’s website says they had reserved the last pew for

their son so that it would be easier to manage him. I’m not making

assumptions about what happened, because I wasn’t there. If she

did, in fact, reserve the last pew for her son to make managing him easier,

then that is different from what was stated on this forum yesterday by anna

when she said, “I

am quite sure the church went to her more than once and she insisted on keeping

him right where he is. For example, sit in the back pew. Why would you subject

your son to the very first pew anyway?”

The priest’s account of what happened and the mother’s

account are different, and people in America are supposed to be innocent until

proven guilty.

A video featuring the boy is here for anyone who hasn’t

seen him - http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4885322

Guest guest

Your right that does differ from what I thought I read. It still doesn't change anything in my opinion and the last post that came through from the Dr. I agree with fully.

The opinions on here would all be very different if he had actually gone far enough to harm someone and then we'd all be wondering why the church didn't do anything to protect it's other parishoners.

The mother’s website says they had reserved the last pew for their son so that it would be easier to manage him. I’m not making assumptions about what happened, because I wasn’t there.. If she did, in fact, reserve the last pew for her son to make managing him easier, then that is different from what was stated on this forum yesterday by anna when she said, “I am quite sure the church went to her more than once and she insisted on keeping him right where he is. For example, sit in the back pew. Why would you subject your son to the very first pew anyway?”

The priest’s account of what happened and the mother’s account are different, and people in America are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

A video featuring the boy is here for anyone who hasn’t seen him - http://abcnews. go.com/TheLaw/ story?id= 4885322

Guest guest

Another church has accepted him and their family, so we’ll see

how it goes.

[mailto:no-forced-vaccination ] On Behalf Of

Clemons

Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 6:20 PM

no-forced-vaccination

Subject: Re: Re: Minn. mom fights church ban on

her autistic son

Your right

that does differ from what I thought I read. It still doesn't change anything

in my opinion and the last post that came through from the Dr. I agree with

fully.

The

opinions on here would all be very different if he had actually gone far enough

to harm someone and then we'd all be wondering why the church didn't do

anything to protect it's other parishoners.

RE: Re: Minn. mom fights church ban on her

autistic son

The mother’s website says they

had reserved the last pew for their son so that it would be easier to manage

him. I’m not making assumptions about what happened, because I wasn’t

there.. If she did, in fact, reserve the last pew for her son to make

managing him easier, then that is different from what was stated on this forum

yesterday by anna when she said, “I

am quite sure the church went to her more than once and she insisted on keeping

him right where he is. For example, sit in the back pew. Why would you subject

your son to the very first pew anyway?”

The priest’s account of what happened

and the mother’s account are different, and people in America are supposed to

be innocent until proven guilty.

A video featuring the boy is here for

anyone who hasn’t seen him - http://abcnews.

go.com/TheLaw/ story?id= 4885322