RemedySpot.com

Update on me

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You are correct, Stacey, I forgot to mention that. Jen, if you're reading this, you may want to tell whoever is in charge of your case that you don't want residents or students involved?

Update on me> To: "BeWellandFit-YAHOO-Group" <BeWellandFit >, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers-Losing-Weight-Together >, "Exercise-Accountability" <exercise_accountability >, "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos >, "FightingFatFeelingFit-Yahoo-Group" <Fighting-Fat-Feeling-Fit >, "Get-Fit-Stay-Fit-YAHOO-Group" <GetFitStayFitTheChallenge >, "GetHealthyFollowBobGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBobGreenesTIPS >, "On-the-Lighter-Side-YahooGroup" <On_the_Lighter_Side >, selfchallenge02 , "The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo" <The2060Challenge >, TotalBodyMakeoverYourWay , volleyjenwlc2004@..., WalkingForExerciseAndWeightLoss , wlcmichigan > Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 11:40 PM> > > > Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak.> > I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she doesn't know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through!> > I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again.> > Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.> > Pray for me,> > Jen> > > > I>

Guest guest

You are correct, Stacey, I forgot to mention that. Jen, if you're reading this, you may want to tell whoever is in charge of your case that you don't want residents or students involved?

Update on me> To: "BeWellandFit-YAHOO-Group" <BeWellandFit >, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers-Losing-Weight-Together >, "Exercise-Accountability" <exercise_accountability >, "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos >, "FightingFatFeelingFit-Yahoo-Group" <Fighting-Fat-Feeling-Fit >, "Get-Fit-Stay-Fit-YAHOO-Group" <GetFitStayFitTheChallenge >, "GetHealthyFollowBobGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBobGreenesTIPS >, "On-the-Lighter-Side-YahooGroup" <On_the_Lighter_Side >, selfchallenge02 , "The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo" <The2060Challenge >, TotalBodyMakeoverYourWay , volleyjenwlc2004@..., WalkingForExerciseAndWeightLoss , wlcmichigan > Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 11:40 PM> > > > Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak.> > I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she doesn't know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through!> > I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again.> > Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.> > Pray for me,> > Jen> > > > I>

Guest guest

Hi Everyone, I'm just doing one long reply because I'm too tired to do individual ones. This morning I saw another Dr. in the same

office where my new "PCP" works. I had to wait 1 hour and 15 minutes

to see her! When I was in the waiting room I began to have Flushing

(worse than a hot flash) and I was very thirsty....I almost went to the lobby to get my water bottle from my mom.

So when she FINALLY came in she looked in my mouth and said there

wasn't a lot of white stuff in there....and I said that's because it's

down the back of my throat, I can feel it when I swallow. She wanted a

culture and I almost gagged me when she stuck the stick into the back

of my throat!

She prescribed a liquid antibiotic that I have to use 4 times a day. I

have to swish it around in my mouth, gargle then swallow it.....luckily

it doesn't taste too bad. She told me that it may take a while for me

to get rid of this yeast infection

because I'm still taking the Prednisone (It's a steroid.) She said

that the steroid (Prednisone) is suppressing my immune system and

that's why the yeast started growing I read online that oral thrush

can get into your lungs, esphogus and intestines.....this happens to

people taking chemo for cancer but still I don't want to take the

chance of that happening to me! I still have ZERO appetite

and I have to force myself to eat...NOT FUN! And I'm EXHAUSTED! I told

the Dr. that while I was there and she said everyone reacts different

to medication. Then, she said that you are reacting to Prednisone in

the opposite way most people do. Most people have a lot of energy (me

NONE) and they feel very hungry (me ZERO.) This is my fourth day of

the Prednisone Taper (decreasing amounts of medicine) but I don't feel

any better and in some ways I feel worse - more tired. I hope that

taking Prednisone didn't mess up my thyroid or adrenal glands!

I want to describe how the medicine feels in my body. I'm very very

tired and look tired but inside I can feel the Prednisone "bubbling"

like a pot of water on a stove. It doesn't feel hot, unless I'm having

a flush feeling but it's very uncomfortable/weird feeling. The

Prednisone "bubbles" from my stomach all the way up my body to my arms,

hands, and legs. I feel like my arms and hands should be shaking but

they're not on the outside, only on the inside. That "bubbling"

feeling makes it hard for me to sleep even though I want to.

Even if I knew all of those possible side effects I would still have

taken the medicine because it's the only thing that will bring back the

sight in my "good" eye faster. I think that it may still take a few

weeks to see how close to "normal" it will end up though. If I didn't

get the steroids, my sight would have come back but slower and I can't

wait that long. You don't know how SCARED to death I was when my

vision started to get worse every day for three days. I was so

frightened that I didn't even realize how bad my sight got until I was

getting my first IV steroid treatment. Next Wednesday

night I go for an MRI of my brain and eye sockets to see if I have

lesions on my brain from MS (Multiple Sclerosis.) I HOPE and PRAY that

I don't. I feel bad for my poor mom, I should be taking care of her,

not the other way around. But what can I do....I have no one else. I'm going out to eat

with my mom and some of our friends/neighbors tonight. I can't stand

being stuck in the house but don't feel up to doing anything. I guess

I will have some soup and maybe some yogurt or cottage cheese.....I'm

NOT hungry but I have to eat. I wish I didn't have thrush because it makes eating twice as hard because it's so painful, like blisters in my throat. Jen

From: <volleyjen0416@ yahoo.com>Subject: Update on meTo: "BeWellandFit- YAHOO-Group" <BeWellandFit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers- Losing-Weight- Together@ yahoogroups. com>, "Exercise-Accountab ility" <exercise_accountabi lity@yahoogroups .com>, "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>, "FightingFatFeeling Fit-Yahoo- Group" <Fighting-Fat- Feeling-Fit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Get-Fit-Stay- Fit-YAHOO- Group" <GetFitStayFitTheCha llenge@yahoogrou ps.com>, "GetHealthyFollowBo bGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBob GreenesTIPS@ yahoogroups. com>, "On-the-Lighter- Side-YahooGroup" <On_the_Lighter_ Side@yahoogroups .com>, selfchallenge02@ yahoogroups. com, "The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo" <The2060Challenge@ yahoogroups. com>,

TotalBodyMakeoverYo urWay@yahoogroup s.com, volleyjenwlc2004@ yahoo.com, WalkingForExerciseA ndWeightLoss@ yahoogroups. com, wlcmichigan@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 11:40 PM

Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak. I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she

doesn't

know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through! I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens

because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again. Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my

throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.Pray for me, Jen I

Guest guest

Hi Everyone, I'm just doing one long reply because I'm too tired to do individual ones. This morning I saw another Dr. in the same

(worse than a hot flash) and I was very thirsty....I almost went to the lobby to get my water bottle from my mom.

of my throat!

not the other way around. But what can I do....I have no one else. I'm going out to eat

NOT hungry but I have to eat. I wish I didn't have thrush because it makes eating twice as hard because it's so painful, like blisters in my throat. Jen

From: <volleyjen0416@ yahoo.com>Subject: Update on meTo: "BeWellandFit- YAHOO-Group" <BeWellandFit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers- Losing-Weight- Together@ yahoogroups. com>, "Exercise-Accountab ility" <exercise_accountabi lity@yahoogroups .com>, "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>, "FightingFatFeeling Fit-Yahoo- Group" <Fighting-Fat- Feeling-Fit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Get-Fit-Stay- Fit-YAHOO- Group" <GetFitStayFitTheCha llenge@yahoogrou ps.com>, "GetHealthyFollowBo bGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBob GreenesTIPS@ yahoogroups. com>, "On-the-Lighter- Side-YahooGroup" <On_the_Lighter_ Side@yahoogroups .com>, selfchallenge02@ yahoogroups. com, "The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo" <The2060Challenge@ yahoogroups. com>,

TotalBodyMakeoverYo urWay@yahoogroup s.com, volleyjenwlc2004@ yahoo.com, WalkingForExerciseA ndWeightLoss@ yahoogroups. com, wlcmichigan@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 11:40 PM

Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak. I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she

doesn't

know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through! I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens

because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again. Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my

throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.Pray for me, Jen I

Guest guest

of my throat!

doesn't

Guest guest

Thanks , that makes me feel better. I'm for sure not going to trust JUST ANYONE with my health without checking things out first. It's really an advantage for me being a sign language interpreter and doing so much medical interpreting assignments. I understand what the Dr.'s are talking about and can look up more information on the computer. JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010,

10:01 AM

I've heard of two people recently developing oral thrush and yes, they also developed tremendous difficulty in swallowing. Good for you being so assertive about your health and not letting that resident get away with not taking care of you the right way, right away!! Keep going, Jen. It is super stressful, but you're doing great! I hope you get the care you need fast!

Update on me

Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak. I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she doesn't know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through! I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again. Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.Pray for me, Jen I

Guest guest

Thanks , that makes me feel better. I'm for sure not going to trust JUST ANYONE with my health without checking things out first. It's really an advantage for me being a sign language interpreter and doing so much medical interpreting assignments. I understand what the Dr.'s are talking about and can look up more information on the computer. JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010,

I've heard of two people recently developing oral thrush and yes, they also developed tremendous difficulty in swallowing. Good for you being so assertive about your health and not letting that resident get away with not taking care of you the right way, right away!! Keep going, Jen. It is super stressful, but you're doing great! I hope you get the care you need fast!

Update on me

Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak. I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she doesn't know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through! I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again. Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.Pray for me, Jen I

Guest guest

Update on me

Guest guest

Well the resident is suppose to be over-seen by his supervisor, who was my Ophthalmologist when I got ON the first time in 1993. If this leads to other health problems they will for sure here it from ME and my LAWYER because I warned them that I had hypothyroidism and that could affect how my body is processing the prednisone. Jen

From: <volleyjen0416@ yahoo.com>Subject: Update on meTo: "BeWellandFit- YAHOO-Group" <BeWellandFit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers- Losing-Weight- Together@ yahoogroups. com>, "Exercise-Accountab ility" <exercise_accountabi lity@yahoogroups .com>, "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>, "FightingFatFeeling Fit-Yahoo- Group" <Fighting-Fat- Feeling-Fit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Get-Fit-Stay- Fit-YAHOO- Group" <GetFitStayFitTheCha llenge@yahoogrou ps.com>, "GetHealthyFollowBo bGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBob GreenesTIPS@ yahoogroups. com>, "On-the-Lighter- Side-YahooGroup" <On_the_Lighter_ Side@yahoogroups .com>, selfchallenge02@ yahoogroups. com, "The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo" <The2060Challenge@ yahoogroups. com>, TotalBodyMakeoverYo urWay@yahoogroup s.com, volleyjenwlc2004@ yahoo.com, WalkingForExerciseA ndWeightLoss@ yahoogroups. com, wlcmichigan@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 11:40 PM

Guest guest

Well the resident is suppose to be over-seen by his supervisor, who was my Ophthalmologist when I got ON the first time in 1993. If this leads to other health problems they will for sure here it from ME and my LAWYER because I warned them that I had hypothyroidism and that could affect how my body is processing the prednisone. Jen

From: <volleyjen0416@ yahoo.com>Subject: Update on meTo: "BeWellandFit- YAHOO-Group" <BeWellandFit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers- Losing-Weight- Together@ yahoogroups. com>, "Exercise-Accountab ility" <exercise_accountabi lity@yahoogroups .com>, "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>, "FightingFatFeeling Fit-Yahoo- Group" <Fighting-Fat- Feeling-Fit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Get-Fit-Stay- Fit-YAHOO- Group" <GetFitStayFitTheCha llenge@yahoogrou ps.com>, "GetHealthyFollowBo bGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBob GreenesTIPS@ yahoogroups. com>, "On-the-Lighter- Side-YahooGroup" <On_the_Lighter_ Side@yahoogroups .com>, selfchallenge02@ yahoogroups. com, "The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo" <The2060Challenge@ yahoogroups. com>, TotalBodyMakeoverYo urWay@yahoogroup s.com, volleyjenwlc2004@ yahoo.com, WalkingForExerciseA ndWeightLoss@ yahoogroups. com, wlcmichigan@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 11:40 PM

Guest guest

Guest guest

The resident's supervisor let him examine me and that was fine. But all of the medication was signed off by the supervisor (my former Ophthalmologist from 13 years ago) so he is responsible NOT the resident. He was available to me at the appointment, only problem was I wasn't allowed to contact him directly and had to go through the resident. Are residents considered Dr.'s or Dr in training? JenSubject: Re:

Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 2:55 PM

Update on me> To: "BeWellandFit- YAHOO-Group" <BeWellandFit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers- Losing-Weight- Together@ yahoogroups. com>, "Exercise-Accountab ility" <exercise_accountabi lity@yahoogroups .com>, "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>, "FightingFatFeeling Fit-Yahoo- Group" <Fighting-Fat- Feeling-Fit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Get-Fit-Stay- Fit-YAHOO- Group" <GetFitStayFitTheCha llenge@yahoogrou ps.com>, "GetHealthyFollowBo bGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBob GreenesTIPS@ yahoogroups. com>, "On-the-Lighter- Side-YahooGroup" <On_the_Lighter_ Side@yahoogroups .com>, selfchallenge02@ yahoogroups. com, "The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo" <The2060Challenge@ yahoogroups. com>, TotalBodyMakeoverYo urWay@yahoogroup s.com, volleyjenwlc2004@ ..., WalkingForExerciseA ndWeightLoss@ yahoogroups. com, wlcmichigan@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 11:40 PM> > > > Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak.> > I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she doesn't know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through!> > I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again.> > Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.> > Pray for me,> > Jen> > > > I>

Guest guest

The resident's supervisor let him examine me and that was fine. But all of the medication was signed off by the supervisor (my former Ophthalmologist from 13 years ago) so he is responsible NOT the resident. He was available to me at the appointment, only problem was I wasn't allowed to contact him directly and had to go through the resident. Are residents considered Dr.'s or Dr in training? JenSubject: Re:

Update on me> To: "BeWellandFit- YAHOO-Group" <BeWellandFit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers- Losing-Weight- Together@ yahoogroups. com>, "Exercise-Accountab ility" <exercise_accountabi lity@yahoogroups .com>, "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>, "FightingFatFeeling Fit-Yahoo- Group" <Fighting-Fat- Feeling-Fit@ yahoogroups. com>, "Get-Fit-Stay- Fit-YAHOO- Group" <GetFitStayFitTheCha llenge@yahoogrou ps.com>, "GetHealthyFollowBo bGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBob GreenesTIPS@ yahoogroups. com>, "On-the-Lighter- Side-YahooGroup" <On_the_Lighter_ Side@yahoogroups .com>, selfchallenge02@ yahoogroups. com, "The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo" <The2060Challenge@ yahoogroups. com>, TotalBodyMakeoverYo urWay@yahoogroup s.com, volleyjenwlc2004@ ..., WalkingForExerciseA ndWeightLoss@ yahoogroups. com, wlcmichigan@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 11:40 PM> > > > Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak.> > I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she doesn't know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through!> > I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again.> > Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.> > Pray for me,> > Jen> > > > I>

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks Stacey. The Dr. put me on Nystatin. She said she couldn't see a lot of white but I think that's because it's in my throat and way back behind my tongue....I can feel it. Prednisone causes loss of calcium and phosphorus so I've been eating Dannon yogurts because they have the bacteria that's suppose to combat yeast, according to a Mayo clinic article I read. I have to drink skim milk because it coats my stomach when I take the medicine. I've been eating/drinking soup (low sodium as possible) and eating lowfat cottage cheese with applesauce and bananas. I can't eat anything hard or it hurts and since I'm not hungry that makes it even more difficult. If you have any advice on what I can eat, let me know. I wish the Dr. had

been more concerned about my loss of appetitie and told me what I could eat to help this infection! JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 8:34 AM

jen,

so sorry:( i have been thinking about you for a couple of days...

hoping you don't mind if i put my la leche league hat on right now--as a leader i help lots of moms/babes with yeast problems every year...assuming you have the thrush in your mouth/throat-do the sores have a white patches? your md may prescribe diflucan to get rid of it. throw out your toothbrush--replace or sterilize the new ones until you are clear of the yeast. change your pillow case every day, wash your hands everytime you touch your mouth.

taking acidphilus 3x a day may help along with reducing sugar and dairy products in your diet. the one exception to the dairy rule would be taking a spoonful of plain yogurt a few times a day. there are also other otc options if you are interested email me!!

things are going to get better soon! just know prayers and well wishes are being sent on a daily basis--you are not alone!!

stacey

Guest guest

Thanks Stacey. The Dr. put me on Nystatin. She said she couldn't see a lot of white but I think that's because it's in my throat and way back behind my tongue....I can feel it. Prednisone causes loss of calcium and phosphorus so I've been eating Dannon yogurts because they have the bacteria that's suppose to combat yeast, according to a Mayo clinic article I read. I have to drink skim milk because it coats my stomach when I take the medicine. I've been eating/drinking soup (low sodium as possible) and eating lowfat cottage cheese with applesauce and bananas. I can't eat anything hard or it hurts and since I'm not hungry that makes it even more difficult. If you have any advice on what I can eat, let me know. I wish the Dr. had

been more concerned about my loss of appetitie and told me what I could eat to help this infection! JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 8:34 AM

jen,

hoping you don't mind if i put my la leche league hat on right now--as a leader i help lots of moms/babes with yeast problems every year...assuming you have the thrush in your mouth/throat-do the sores have a white patches? your md may prescribe diflucan to get rid of it. throw out your toothbrush--replace or sterilize the new ones until you are clear of the yeast. change your pillow case every day, wash your hands everytime you touch your mouth.

taking acidphilus 3x a day may help along with reducing sugar and dairy products in your diet. the one exception to the dairy rule would be taking a spoonful of plain yogurt a few times a day. there are also other otc options if you are interested email me!!

things are going to get better soon! just know prayers and well wishes are being sent on a daily basis--you are not alone!!

stacey

Guest guest

jen,

stacey

Guest guest

Yeah Dannon Fit and Light yogurt has that. I will ask my mom to pick me up some more. Do you have any other suggestions? JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 8:40 AM

acidphilus=acidophilus

>

> jen,

> so sorry:( i have been thinking about you for a couple of days...

>

> hoping you don't mind if i put my la leche league hat on right now--as a leader i help lots of moms/babes with yeast problems every year...assuming you have the thrush in your mouth/throat-do the sores have a white patches? your md may prescribe diflucan to get rid of it. throw out your toothbrush--replace or sterilize the new ones until you are clear of the yeast. change your pillow case every day, wash your hands everytime you touch your mouth.

>

> taking acidphilus 3x a day may help along with reducing sugar and dairy products in your diet. the one exception to the dairy rule would be taking a spoonful of plain yogurt a few times a day. there are also other otc options if you are interested email me!!

>

> things are going to get better soon! just know prayers and well wishes are being sent on a daily basis--you are not alone!!

> stacey

>

Guest guest

Yeah Dannon Fit and Light yogurt has that. I will ask my mom to pick me up some more. Do you have any other suggestions? JenSubject: Re: Update on meTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 8:40 AM

acidphilus=acidophilus

>

> jen,

>

> hoping you don't mind if i put my la leche league hat on right now--as a leader i help lots of moms/babes with yeast problems every year...assuming you have the thrush in your mouth/throat-do the sores have a white patches? your md may prescribe diflucan to get rid of it. throw out your toothbrush--replace or sterilize the new ones until you are clear of the yeast. change your pillow case every day, wash your hands everytime you touch your mouth.

>

> taking acidphilus 3x a day may help along with reducing sugar and dairy products in your diet. the one exception to the dairy rule would be taking a spoonful of plain yogurt a few times a day. there are also other otc options if you are interested email me!!

>

> things are going to get better soon! just know prayers and well wishes are being sent on a daily basis--you are not alone!!

> stacey

>

Guest guest

acidphilus=acidophilus

>

> jen,

>

>

>

> stacey

>

Guest guest

I hope the medicine does the trick for you Jen, and the worst is over.

Thinking of you, hang in there!

Darcy

Hi Everyone, I'm just doing one long reply because I'm too tired to do individual ones.   This morning I saw another Dr. in the same office where my new " PCP " works.  I had to wait 1 hour and 15 minutes to see her!  When I was in the waiting room I began to have Flushing (worse than a hot flash) and I was very thirsty....I almost went to the lobby to get my water bottle from my mom.

So when she FINALLY came in she looked in my mouth and said there wasn't a lot of white stuff in there....and I said that's because it's down the back of my throat, I can feel it when I swallow.  She wanted a culture and I almost gagged me when she stuck the stick into the back of my throat! 

She prescribed a liquid antibiotic that I have to use 4 times a day.  I have to swish it around in my mouth, gargle then swallow it.....luckily it doesn't taste too bad.  She told me that it may take a while for me to get rid of this yeast infection because I'm still taking the Prednisone (It's a steroid.)  She said that the steroid (Prednisone) is suppressing my immune system and that's why the yeast started growing  I read online that oral thrush can get into your lungs, esphogus and intestines.....this happens to people taking chemo for cancer but still I don't want to take the chance of that happening to me!

I still have ZERO appetite and I have to force myself to eat...NOT FUN! And I'm EXHAUSTED!  I told the Dr. that while I was there and she said everyone reacts different to medication.  Then, she said that you are reacting to Prednisone in the opposite way most people do.  Most people have a lot of energy (me NONE) and they feel very hungry (me ZERO.)  This is my fourth day of the Prednisone Taper (decreasing amounts of medicine) but I don't feel any better and in some ways I feel worse - more tired.  I hope that taking Prednisone didn't mess up my thyroid or adrenal glands!

I want to describe how the medicine feels in my body.  I'm very very tired and look tired but inside I can feel the Prednisone " bubbling " like a pot of water on a stove.  It doesn't feel hot, unless I'm having a flush feeling but it's very uncomfortable/weird feeling.  The Prednisone " bubbles " from my stomach all the way up my body to my arms, hands, and legs.  I feel like my arms and hands should be shaking but they're not on the outside, only on the inside.  That " bubbling " feeling makes it hard for me to sleep even though I want to.

Even if I knew all of those possible side effects I would still have taken the medicine because it's the only thing that will bring back the sight in my " good " eye faster.  I think that it may still take a few weeks to see how close to " normal " it will end up though.  If I didn't get the steroids, my sight would have come back but slower and I can't wait that long.  You don't know how SCARED to death I was when my vision started to get worse every day for three days.  I was so frightened that I didn't even realize how bad my sight got until I was getting my first IV steroid treatment. 

Next Wednesday night I go for an MRI of my brain and eye sockets to see if I have lesions on my brain from MS (Multiple Sclerosis.)  I HOPE and PRAY that I don't.  I feel bad for my poor mom, I should be taking care of her, not the other way around.  But what can I do....I have no one else.

I'm going out to eat with my mom and some of our friends/neighbors tonight.  I can't stand being stuck in the house but don't feel up to doing anything.  I guess I will have some soup and maybe some yogurt or cottage cheese.....I'm NOT hungry but I have to eat.  I wish I didn't have thrush because it makes eating twice as hard because it's so painful, like blisters in my throat.

Jen

From: <volleyjen0416@ yahoo.com>Subject: Update on meTo: " BeWellandFit- YAHOO-Group " <BeWellandFit@ yahoogroups. com>, " Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together " <Biggest-Losers- Losing-Weight- Together@ yahoogroups. com>, " Exercise-Accountab ility " <exercise_accountabi lity@yahoogroups .com>, " Exercise-Videos " <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>, " FightingFatFeeling Fit-Yahoo- Group " <Fighting-Fat- Feeling-Fit@ yahoogroups. com>, " Get-Fit-Stay- Fit-YAHOO- Group " <GetFitStayFitTheCha llenge@yahoogrou ps.com>, " GetHealthyFollowBo bGreenesTIPS " <GetHealthyFollowBob GreenesTIPS@ yahoogroups. com>, " On-the-Lighter- Side-YahooGroup " <On_the_Lighter_ Side@yahoogroups .com>, selfchallenge02@ yahoogroups. com, " The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo " <The2060Challenge@ yahoogroups. com>, TotalBodyMakeoverYo urWay@yahoogroup s.com, volleyjenwlc2004@ yahoo.com, WalkingForExerciseA ndWeightLoss@ yahoogroups. com, wlcmichigan@ yahoogroups. com

Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 11:40 PM

Well the fun NEVER ENDS!  I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone.  He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak.

I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal.  I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it.  The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts.   He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician.    I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week.  However, she doesn't know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me.  He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else.  Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care.  I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition.  I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients.  I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through!

I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it!  The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth.  It happens because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body.  Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away.  He said that I had Oral Thrush!  I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone.  He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat!  He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better.  So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again.

Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my throat NOW.  I called my " new " PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office.  I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS!   Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy.  Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.

Pray for me,                            Jen    I

Guest guest

Darcy

Hi Everyone, I'm just doing one long reply because I'm too tired to do individual ones.   This morning I saw another Dr. in the same office where my new " PCP " works.  I had to wait 1 hour and 15 minutes to see her!  When I was in the waiting room I began to have Flushing (worse than a hot flash) and I was very thirsty....I almost went to the lobby to get my water bottle from my mom.

So when she FINALLY came in she looked in my mouth and said there wasn't a lot of white stuff in there....and I said that's because it's down the back of my throat, I can feel it when I swallow.  She wanted a culture and I almost gagged me when she stuck the stick into the back of my throat! 

She prescribed a liquid antibiotic that I have to use 4 times a day.  I have to swish it around in my mouth, gargle then swallow it.....luckily it doesn't taste too bad.  She told me that it may take a while for me to get rid of this yeast infection because I'm still taking the Prednisone (It's a steroid.)  She said that the steroid (Prednisone) is suppressing my immune system and that's why the yeast started growing  I read online that oral thrush can get into your lungs, esphogus and intestines.....this happens to people taking chemo for cancer but still I don't want to take the chance of that happening to me!

I still have ZERO appetite and I have to force myself to eat...NOT FUN! And I'm EXHAUSTED!  I told the Dr. that while I was there and she said everyone reacts different to medication.  Then, she said that you are reacting to Prednisone in the opposite way most people do.  Most people have a lot of energy (me NONE) and they feel very hungry (me ZERO.)  This is my fourth day of the Prednisone Taper (decreasing amounts of medicine) but I don't feel any better and in some ways I feel worse - more tired.  I hope that taking Prednisone didn't mess up my thyroid or adrenal glands!

I want to describe how the medicine feels in my body.  I'm very very tired and look tired but inside I can feel the Prednisone " bubbling " like a pot of water on a stove.  It doesn't feel hot, unless I'm having a flush feeling but it's very uncomfortable/weird feeling.  The Prednisone " bubbles " from my stomach all the way up my body to my arms, hands, and legs.  I feel like my arms and hands should be shaking but they're not on the outside, only on the inside.  That " bubbling " feeling makes it hard for me to sleep even though I want to.

Even if I knew all of those possible side effects I would still have taken the medicine because it's the only thing that will bring back the sight in my " good " eye faster.  I think that it may still take a few weeks to see how close to " normal " it will end up though.  If I didn't get the steroids, my sight would have come back but slower and I can't wait that long.  You don't know how SCARED to death I was when my vision started to get worse every day for three days.  I was so frightened that I didn't even realize how bad my sight got until I was getting my first IV steroid treatment. 

Next Wednesday night I go for an MRI of my brain and eye sockets to see if I have lesions on my brain from MS (Multiple Sclerosis.)  I HOPE and PRAY that I don't.  I feel bad for my poor mom, I should be taking care of her, not the other way around.  But what can I do....I have no one else.

I'm going out to eat with my mom and some of our friends/neighbors tonight.  I can't stand being stuck in the house but don't feel up to doing anything.  I guess I will have some soup and maybe some yogurt or cottage cheese.....I'm NOT hungry but I have to eat.  I wish I didn't have thrush because it makes eating twice as hard because it's so painful, like blisters in my throat.

Jen

From: <volleyjen0416@ yahoo.com>Subject: Update on meTo: " BeWellandFit- YAHOO-Group " <BeWellandFit@ yahoogroups. com>, " Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together " <Biggest-Losers- Losing-Weight- Together@ yahoogroups. com>, " Exercise-Accountab ility " <exercise_accountabi lity@yahoogroups .com>, " Exercise-Videos " <exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. com>, " FightingFatFeeling Fit-Yahoo- Group " <Fighting-Fat- Feeling-Fit@ yahoogroups. com>, " Get-Fit-Stay- Fit-YAHOO- Group " <GetFitStayFitTheCha llenge@yahoogrou ps.com>, " GetHealthyFollowBo bGreenesTIPS " <GetHealthyFollowBob GreenesTIPS@ yahoogroups. com>, " On-the-Lighter- Side-YahooGroup " <On_the_Lighter_ Side@yahoogroups .com>, selfchallenge02@ yahoogroups. com, " The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo " <The2060Challenge@ yahoogroups. com>, TotalBodyMakeoverYo urWay@yahoogroup s.com, volleyjenwlc2004@ yahoo.com, WalkingForExerciseA ndWeightLoss@ yahoogroups. com, wlcmichigan@ yahoogroups. com

Well the fun NEVER ENDS!  I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone.  He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak.

I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal.  I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it.  The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts.   He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician.    I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week.  However, she doesn't know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me.  He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else.  Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care.  I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition.  I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients.  I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through!

I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it!  The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth.  It happens because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body.  Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away.  He said that I had Oral Thrush!  I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone.  He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat!  He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better.  So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again.

Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my throat NOW.  I called my " new " PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office.  I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS!   Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy.  Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.

Guest guest

Darcy

Jen

Guest guest

jen,

yes, i've known mom's who had to take nystatin--don't be surprised if this is

slow at getting rid of the infection--ask the md how long before you will see

results (because you may need a stronger prescription if the nystatin doesn't

kill all of the yeast). hoping you have relief soon! sometimes yeast is tricky

to get rid of.

remember the best yogurts are the ones with the least added sugar and the most

live bacteria. drink ice water, eat small meals spaced through out the day.

shakes/smoothies, mashed potatoes, applesauce, any fairly bland soft food

without alot of sugar. this may sound silly but baby food may be good right now

since it is pureed and a small amount. you probably have no appetite because it

hurts to eat...

keep thinking positive thoughts. meditate on the positive and you will see

remarkable results. your body is out of balance right now and it needs special

attention that only you can give. imagine yourself happy, healthy and blessed.

you are loved by so many --turn that love into the strength you need.

stacey

Guest guest

jen,

yes, i've known mom's who had to take nystatin--don't be surprised if this is

slow at getting rid of the infection--ask the md how long before you will see

results (because you may need a stronger prescription if the nystatin doesn't

kill all of the yeast). hoping you have relief soon! sometimes yeast is tricky

to get rid of.

remember the best yogurts are the ones with the least added sugar and the most

live bacteria. drink ice water, eat small meals spaced through out the day.

shakes/smoothies, mashed potatoes, applesauce, any fairly bland soft food

without alot of sugar. this may sound silly but baby food may be good right now

since it is pureed and a small amount. you probably have no appetite because it

hurts to eat...

keep thinking positive thoughts. meditate on the positive and you will see

remarkable results. your body is out of balance right now and it needs special

attention that only you can give. imagine yourself happy, healthy and blessed.

you are loved by so many --turn that love into the strength you need.

stacey