RemedySpot.com

Update on me

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well, The doctor had me on 30mg for most of those years. Then

after I started reading about and taking iodine, I realized the idea that I

needed enough to feel great, not just ok. The way he had written my

prescription, I could refill it every month, so I stockpiled extra, and just tried

60, and that helped even more. Have been doing that for almost 2 years. But if

you are wondering if I have ever lowered my dose after starting iodine, no, I

did not drop any, like some hope to. I don’t really care if I never go

off of it. I felt bad for at least 12 years, probably have been hypo most of my

life, so am just so happy to feel good and be able to function well!

Donna in IL

[mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Baker

Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:27 PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Update on me

Donna,

This is really interesting. I do hope you'll get your thyroid supplement

back soon tho. Have you been taking the 60mg dose all those 15 years, or

did that change over time?

--

At 07:41 AM 4/14/2010, you wrote:

>Hi all!

>

>Just thought I would report my observation. I have been taking Iodoral at

>50mg for at least 9 months, went up to 65 mg beginning of January. While I

>was feeling much better on 50, the 65 has helped even more. I ran out of

>my stash of Armour, and thought I would see how I would do without it. I

>was only on 60 mg a day. I have taken Armour for 15 years.

>

>For the first two months I didn't feel any different, so thought maybe I

>didn't need Armour anymore, but for the past month I have noticed some of

>hypo symptoms, but not as bad as before. When I don't get enough sleep, I

>wake up with an inside shakiness, I am becoming intolerant of commotion

>and noise at night, and I have zilch interest or response to my husband.

>But many other symptoms have not come back, so I am very excited at how

>much iodine has changed my life for the better and I know how much worse I

>would feel without the iodine.

>

>I just have to take the time to get to a doctor who will help me. Sigh, I

>hate having to search and change!

>

>Donna in IL

~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

--A.J. Muste

Guest guest

60mg Armour is a very low dose--docs don't know how to dose Armour. how

are your FT3 and FT4? upper quadrant of range?

Gracia

Donna Iler wrote:

>

> Well, The doctor had me on 30mg for most of those years. Then after I

> started reading about and taking iodine, I realized the idea that I

> needed enough to feel great, not just ok. The way he had written my

> prescription, I could refill it every month, so I stockpiled extra,

> and just tried 60, and that helped even more. Have been doing that for

> almost 2 years. But if you are wondering if I have ever lowered my

> dose after starting iodine, no, I did not drop any, like some hope to.

> I don’t really care if I never go off of it. I felt bad for at least

> 12 years, probably have been hypo most of my life, so am just so happy

> to feel good and be able to function well!

>

> Donna in IL

>

Guest guest

What thyroid med are you taking, Donna? After 1.5 years on Iodoral, I was able to reduce my dose when on the old Armour, but with all the new meds I'm trying, I am taking as much as a 1.5 grains more, depending on the med.

BarbF

In a message dated 4/14/2010 6:32:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Donna@... writes:

But if you are wondering if I have ever lowered my dose after starting iodine, no, I did not drop any, like some hope to. I don’t really care if I never go off of it.

Guest guest

I haven’t had bloodwork in the past two years, since before I started

on iodine. The doctors I have been seeing for 18 years couldn’t order the frees

when I last tested, when I was just reading about them. I have put off an

appointment because I probably need to go to another doctor, and I just keep

putting off the decision. These doctors have always been great, very natural,

came to our home to deliver our babies, but are not so good on the thyroid. I

am guessing I need more, although I felt very good at that level along with the

65mg of iodine and all the companion nutrients. I really need to get tested!

Donna in IL

iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Gracia

Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:36 PM

iodine

60mg Armour is a very low dose--docs don't know how to dose

Armour. how

are your FT3 and FT4? upper quadrant of range?

Gracia

Donna Iler wrote:

>

> Well, The doctor had me on 30mg for most of those years. Then after I

> started reading about and taking iodine, I realized the idea that I

> needed enough to feel great, not just ok. The way he had written my

> prescription, I could refill it every month, so I stockpiled extra,

> and just tried 60, and that helped even more. Have been doing that for

> almost 2 years. But if you are wondering if I have ever lowered my

> dose after starting iodine, no, I did not drop any, like some hope to.

> I don’t really care if I never go off of it. I felt bad for at least

> 12 years, probably have been hypo most of my life, so am just so happy

> to feel good and be able to function well!

>

> Donna in IL

>

------------------------------------

All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group IodineOT/

Commonly asked questions: http://tinyurl.com/yhnds5e

Guest guest

I have been taking Armour 60mg per day.

Donna in IL

iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Bbircie@...

Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:51 AM

iodine

What

thyroid med are you taking, Donna? After 1.5 years on Iodoral, I was able

to reduce my dose when on the old Armour, but with all the new meds I'm trying,

I am taking as much as a 1.5 grains more, depending on the med.

BarbF

In

a message dated 4/14/2010 6:32:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Donna@...

writes:

But if you are wondering if I have ever lowered my dose after

starting iodine, no, I did not drop any, like some hope to. I don’t really care

if I never go off of it.

Guest guest

Happy early birthday, Jen!I'd stay off your ankle til it heals, including volleyball.  It won't heal otherwise.  I would ice your ankle and elevate it for 300 minutes at a time several times a day/night.  I believe Aleve is the asprin used to help reduce swelling. 

When my feet act up I do Pilates.  Not my first choice but if I cant' do kickboxing then Pilates is better than nothing. You can also do lots of crunches.  I'm sure you can get creative and find ways to exercise in spite of it.

Hope your birthday is FABULOUS!  You don't look 45 AT ALL Chicka!On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM, <volleyjen0416@...> wrote:

I haven't started exercising again because I wanted to see if the flare that was put on my shoe would help my ankle.  So far I've worn it a little over a week and my ankle still hurts and swells a little. 

I called my insurance company because the Orthopedist I saw said that I may benefit from Physical Therapy.  Well, unfortunately my insurance won't pay for PT unless I've been hospitalized for the injury or have had surgery.   I called my Dr. back to see if there are any exercises/stretches I can do to help heal the tendinitis in my ankle.   His PA will get back to me tomorrow.

Does anyone here know of any stretches for the ankle that may help it?  The pain is on the outside of my right ankle.     Now

for some good news!  Tomorrow and Saturday I will be doing drop-in tutoring (first time the tutoring center has offered this) for finals week.   This should be interesting to see how many students show up and from which classes.  Friday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10 to noon then one and one tutoring from 2 to 5pm.  Saturday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10am to noon.  I can tutor longer for the drop-in if there are students still there.

Also, tomorrow is my birthday!  I will be 45 years GULP!   I can't believe I'm in my mid 40's I don't feel that old LOLWell, that's it for now,                                              Jen                   

Guest guest

Thanks for the you don't look 45 remark, I'm lovin' that!I haven't played volleyball since the end of March (last week) and I haven't even bowled since April 3rd. I'm not going to bowl on our last night which is April 24th because I don't want to irritate my ankle.I read that ibuprofen is good for swelling and so is aspirin but I don't want to take it. I've been taking Advil and icing it.I'm not good at pilates, can you recommend an easy one for me to start with?Do you know any good ankle stretches? Jen

I haven't started exercising again because I wanted to see if the flare that was put on my shoe would help my ankle. So far I've worn it a little over a week and my ankle still hurts and swells a little.

I called my insurance company because the Orthopedist I saw said that I may benefit from Physical Therapy. Well, unfortunately my insurance won't pay for PT unless I've been hospitalized for the injury or have had surgery. I called my Dr. back to see if there are any exercises/stretches I can do to help heal the tendinitis in my ankle. His PA will get back to me tomorrow.

Does anyone here know of any stretches for the ankle that may help it? The pain is on the outside of my right ankle. Now

for some good news! Tomorrow and Saturday I will be doing drop-in tutoring (first time the tutoring center has offered this) for finals week. This should be interesting to see how many students show up and from which classes. Friday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10 to noon then one and one tutoring from 2 to 5pm. Saturday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10am to noon. I can tutor longer for the drop-in if there are students still there.

Also, tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 45 years GULP! I can't believe I'm in my mid 40's I don't feel that old LOLWell, that's it for now, Jen

Guest guest

Not an expert on ankle stretches, I'd look online?  I'd for sure ice it lots and keep it elevated though! The Ana Caban one that did the other day is a good beginner one!  It might even be at your library?

Mari Winsor has a basic one that takes you though it..Have fun!On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 8:57 PM, <volleyjen0416@...> wrote:

Thanks for the you don't look 45 remark, I'm lovin' that!I haven't played volleyball since the end of March (last week) and I haven't even bowled since April 3rd.  I'm not going to bowl on our last night which is April 24th because I don't want to irritate my ankle.

I read that ibuprofen is good for swelling and so is aspirin but I don't want to take it.  I've been taking Advil and icing it.I'm not good at pilates, can you recommend an easy one for me to start with?

Do you know any good ankle stretches?                     Jen                   

I haven't started exercising again because I wanted to see if the flare that was put on my shoe would help my ankle.  So far I've worn it a little over a week and my ankle still hurts and swells a little. 

I called my insurance company because the Orthopedist I saw said that I may benefit from Physical Therapy.  Well, unfortunately my insurance won't pay for PT unless I've been hospitalized for the injury or have had surgery.   I called my Dr. back to see if there are any exercises/stretches I can do to help heal the tendinitis in my ankle.   His PA will get back to me tomorrow.

Does anyone here know of any stretches for the ankle that may help it?  The pain is on the outside of my right ankle.     Now

for some good news!  Tomorrow and Saturday I will be doing drop-in tutoring (first time the tutoring center has offered this) for finals week.   This should be interesting to see how many students show up and from which classes.  Friday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10 to noon then one and one tutoring from 2 to 5pm.  Saturday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10am to noon.  I can tutor longer for the drop-in if there are students still there.

Also, tomorrow is my birthday!  I will be 45 years GULP!   I can't believe I'm in my mid 40's I don't feel that old LOLWell, that's it for now,                                              Jen                   

Guest guest

Hi Jen,

Not an expert on ankles, but i would suggest doing gentle range of motion exercises, - pointing/flexing your foot, making circles with your foot, etc.

I also agree with 's recommendation for Ana Caban for Pilates. I believe Target sells her original "Beginner" and "intermediate" DVD and both are good for instruction! I can't remember if you have Exercise TV or not, but if you do - they probably have some good workouts for you to try.

Oh - Pilates for Beginners with McGee is also a good one!Donna

I haven't started exercising again because I wanted to see if the flare that was put on my shoe would help my ankle. So far I've worn it a little over a week and my ankle still hurts and swells a little. I called my insurance company because the Orthopedist I saw said that I may benefit from Physical Therapy. Well, unfortunately my insurance won't pay for PT unless I've been hospitalized for the injury or have had surgery. I called my Dr. back to see if there are any exercises/stretches I can do to help heal the tendinitis in my ankle. His PA will get back to me tomorrow. Does anyone here know of any stretches for the ankle that may help it? The pain is on the outside of my right ankle. Now for

some good news! Tomorrow and Saturday I will be doing drop-in tutoring (first time the tutoring center has offered this) for finals week. This should be interesting to see how many students show up and from which classes. Friday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10 to noon then one and one tutoring from 2 to 5pm. Saturday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10am to noon. I can tutor longer for the drop-in if there are students still there. Also, tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 45 years GULP! I can't believe I'm in my mid 40's I don't feel that old LOLWell, that's it for now, Jen

Guest guest

Ibuprofen and asprin are good for reducing inflammation that causes swelling (the swelling only being a symptom of the problem causing it). Not sure about advil but I think it is similar.

Sansone has a "You Can! Do Pilates" workout. I did that one when I was first experimenting with pilates and thought she explained it all well. I think there's a tutorial and a workout but I might be wrong. She's alone and greatly toned down but she does talk a lot. No walking in that one either, I don't think (except maybe the warmup?).

Happy birthday, Jen!

Re: Update on me

Thanks for the you don't look 45 remark, I'm lovin' that!I haven't played volleyball since the end of March (last week) and I haven't even bowled since April 3rd. I'm not going to bowl on our last night which is April 24th because I don't want to irritate my ankle.I read that ibuprofen is good for swelling and so is aspirin but I don't want to take it. I've been taking Advil and icing it.I'm not good at pilates, can you recommend an easy one for me to start with?Do you know any good ankle stretches? Jen

I haven't started exercising again because I wanted to see if the flare that was put on my shoe would help my ankle. So far I've worn it a little over a week and my ankle still hurts and swells a little. I called my insurance company because the Orthopedist I saw said that I may benefit from Physical Therapy. Well, unfortunately my insurance won't pay for PT unless I've been hospitalized for the injury or have had surgery. I called my Dr. back to see if there are any exercises/stretches I can do to help heal the tendinitis in my ankle. His PA will get back to me tomorrow. Does anyone here know of any stretches for the ankle that may help it? The pain is on the outside of my right ankle. Now for some good news! Tomorrow and Saturday I will be doing drop-in tutoring (first time the tutoring center has offered this) for finals week. This should be interesting to see how many students show up and from which classes. Friday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10 to noon then one and one tutoring from 2 to 5pm. Saturday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10am to noon. I can tutor longer for the drop-in if there are students still there. Also, tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 45 years GULP! I can't believe I'm in my mid 40's I don't feel that old LOLWell, that's it for now, Jen

Guest guest

Happy B day Jen..I am 43 so I am with you on the 40s it can be the best!!I like 10 min soln pilates as well..I like to do a lot of mat work when my legs are sore.. core, push ups (on knees so don't stretch anke), donkey kicks... etc.. good luck and keep resting that ankle ..judy in DcFrom: Pink Pussycat <pinkpussycat@...> Sent: Fri, April 16, 2010 12:18:56 AMSubject: Re: Update on me

Not an expert on ankle stretches, I'd look online? I'd for sure ice it lots and keep it elevated though! The Ana Caban one that did the other day is a good beginner one! It might even be at your library?

Mari Winsor has a basic one that takes you though it..Have fun!On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 8:57 PM, <volleyjen0416> wrote:

Thanks for the you don't look 45 remark, I'm lovin' that!I haven't played volleyball since the end of March (last week) and I haven't even bowled since April 3rd. I'm not going to bowl on our last night which is April 24th because I don't want to irritate my ankle.

I read that ibuprofen is good for swelling and so is aspirin but I don't want to take it. I've been taking Advil and icing it.I'm not good at pilates, can you recommend an easy one for me to start with?

Do you know any good ankle stretches? Jen

I haven't started exercising again because I wanted to see if the flare that was put on my shoe would help my ankle. So far I've worn it a little over a week and my ankle still hurts and swells a little.

I called my insurance company because the Orthopedist I saw said that I may benefit from Physical Therapy. Well, unfortunately my insurance won't pay for PT unless I've been hospitalized for the injury or have had surgery. I called my Dr. back to see if there are any exercises/stretches I can do to help heal the tendinitis in my ankle. His PA will get back to me tomorrow.

Does anyone here know of any stretches for the ankle that may help it? The pain is on the outside of my right ankle. Now

for some good news! Tomorrow and Saturday I will be doing drop-in tutoring (first time the tutoring center has offered this) for finals week. This should be interesting to see how many students show up and from which classes. Friday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10 to noon then one and one tutoring from 2 to 5pm. Saturday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10am to noon. I can tutor longer for the drop-in if there are students still there.

Also, tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 45 years GULP! I can't believe I'm in my mid 40's I don't feel that old LOLWell, that's it for now, Jen

Guest guest

Hi Jen,

Can you do seated upper body work and floor work for your legs (you know, the traditional leg lifts, donkey kicks and what not).

Donna

I haven't started exercising again because I wanted to see if the flare that was put on my shoe would help my ankle. So far I've worn it a little over a week and my ankle still hurts and swells a little. I called my insurance company because the Orthopedist I saw said that I may benefit from Physical Therapy. Well, unfortunately my insurance won't pay for PT unless I've been hospitalized for the injury or have had surgery. I called my Dr. back to see if there are any exercises/stretches I can do to help heal the tendinitis in my ankle. His PA will get back to me tomorrow. Does anyone here know of any stretches for the ankle that may help it? The pain is on the outside of my right ankle. Now for some good news! Tomorrow and Saturday I will be doing drop-in tutoring

(first time the tutoring center has offered this) for finals week. This should be interesting to see how many students show up and from which classes. Friday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10 to noon then one and one tutoring from 2 to 5pm. Saturday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10am to noon. I can tutor longer for the drop-in if there are students still there. Also, tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 45 years GULP! I can't believe I'm in my mid 40's I don't feel that old LOLWell, that's it for now, Jen

Guest guest

Thanks Donna and !I'll look for those pilates workouts Jen

I haven't started exercising again because I wanted to see if the flare that was put on my shoe would help my ankle. So far I've worn it a little over a week and my ankle still hurts and swells a little. I called my insurance company because the Orthopedist I saw said that I may benefit from Physical Therapy. Well, unfortunately my insurance won't pay for PT unless I've been hospitalized for the injury or have had surgery. I called my Dr. back to see if there are any exercises/stretches I can do to help heal the tendinitis in my ankle. His PA will get back to me tomorrow. Does anyone here know of any stretches for the ankle that may help it? The pain is on the outside of my right ankle.

Now for

some good news! Tomorrow and Saturday I will be doing drop-in tutoring (first time the tutoring center has offered this) for finals week. This should be interesting to see how many students show up and from which classes. Friday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10 to noon then one and one tutoring from 2 to 5pm. Saturday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10am to noon. I can tutor longer for the drop-in if there are students still there. Also, tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 45 years GULP! I can't believe I'm in my mid 40's I don't feel that old LOLWell, that's it for now, Jen

Guest guest

Thanks ! I sure don't feel 45 (most days that is :) )I will look for those workouts.Thank you for the suggestions. My Dr. told me to take ibuprofen like Advil, so that's what I've been taking. Maybe it will just take time to heal....Trying to be patient, Jen

I haven't started exercising again because I wanted to see if the flare that was put on my shoe would help my ankle. So far I've worn it a little over a week and my ankle still hurts and swells a little. I called my insurance company because the Orthopedist I saw said that I may benefit from Physical Therapy. Well, unfortunately my insurance won't pay for PT unless I've been hospitalized for the injury or have had surgery. I called my Dr. back to see if there are any exercises/stretches I can do to help heal the tendinitis in my ankle. His PA will get back to me tomorrow. Does anyone here know of any stretches for the ankle that may help it? The pain is on the outside of my right ankle. Now for some good news! Tomorrow and Saturday I will be doing drop-in tutoring (first time the tutoring center has offered this) for finals week. This should be interesting to see how many students show up and from which classes. Friday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10 to noon then one and one tutoring from 2 to 5pm. Saturday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10am to noon. I can tutor longer for the drop-in if there are students still there. Also, tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 45 years GULP! I can't believe I'm in my mid 40's I don't feel that old LOLWell, that's it for now, Jen

Guest guest

Thanks Judy!It's just killing me to skip the last bowling night and to skip volleyball. I miss playing volleyball the MOST but I have to do it or else my ankle won't heal.I had a great birthday! Jen

Guest guest

Thanks Donna, I will try them. Jen

I haven't started exercising again because I wanted to see if the flare that was put on my shoe would help my ankle. So far I've worn it a little over a week and my ankle still hurts and swells a little. I called my insurance company because the Orthopedist I saw said that I may benefit from Physical Therapy. Well, unfortunately my insurance won't pay for PT unless I've been hospitalized for the injury or have had surgery. I called my Dr. back to see if there are any exercises/stretches I can do to help heal the tendinitis in my ankle. His PA will get back to me tomorrow. Does anyone here know of any stretches for the ankle that may help it? The pain is on the outside of my right ankle. Now for some good news! Tomorrow and Saturday I will be doing drop-in

tutoring

(first time the tutoring center has offered this) for finals week. This should be interesting to see how many students show up and from which classes. Friday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10 to noon then one and one tutoring from 2 to 5pm. Saturday I have the drop-in tutoring from 10am to noon. I can tutor longer for the drop-in if there are students still there. Also, tomorrow is my birthday! I will be 45 years GULP! I can't believe I'm in my mid 40's I don't feel that old LOLWell, that's it for now, Jen

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Jen,

Maybe check w/ the doctor to make sure you aren't having an adverse reaction. I have known many people who took steroids for various conditions (and did the taper thing) and I never heard of this reaction before. Please check to be on the safe side - or even go to your ER or Immediate Care center.

Take care,

Donna

Subject: Update on meTo: "BeWellandFit-YAHOO-Group" <BeWellandFit >, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers-Losing-Weight-Together >, "Exercise-Accountability" <exercise_accountability >, "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos >, "FightingFatFeelingFit-Yahoo-Group" <Fighting-Fat-Feeling-Fit >, "Get-Fit-Stay-Fit-YAHOO-Group" <GetFitStayFitTheChallenge >, "GetHealthyFollowBobGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBobGreenesTIPS >, "On-the-Lighter-Side-YahooGroup" <On_the_Lighter_Side >, selfchallenge02 , "The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo" <The2060Challenge >,

TotalBodyMakeoverYourWay , volleyjenwlc2004@..., WalkingForExerciseAndWeightLoss , wlcmichigan Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2010, 4:22 PM

Hi, just wanted to let you know how I'm doing. Well yesterday I started on the steroid pill (Prednisone) because I completed the IV steroid (Solu-Medrol) and I prefer the IV to the pills! I'm having a TERRIBLE reaction to the pills. These pills are suppose to be slowly tapered off to decrease the steroids in my body but I'm really suffering. I have a horrible red face and neck. It looks like and feels like a sunburn only worse because it flares up at different times during the day and night. I feel like I have a fever or the flu I get so hot. I feel shaky inside, like my stomach/intestines are moving around. I feel like my hands are shaking but their not. Most people taking steroids have more energy and become very hungry. Not me, I feel the opposite. I am

exhausted and have no appetite at all. Also, I get a sore throat and little blisters on the back of the roof of my mouth. I had to call off work because I feel so lousy. My boss will just have to understand. She seemed to when I talked to her yesterday but who knows...? Too bad if she doesn't because my health is more important! I think I iwlll take some Benadryl to see if I can get any relief as it seems like an allergic reaction. Has anyone here ever taken high dose Prednisone Taper? I took 100mg yesterday and will today. Tomorrow and Thursday I go down to 80 mg. If you have any advice on how to manage the symptoms, please let me know.

Jen

Guest guest

Hi Jen,

Maybe check w/ the doctor to make sure you aren't having an adverse reaction. I have known many people who took steroids for various conditions (and did the taper thing) and I never heard of this reaction before. Please check to be on the safe side - or even go to your ER or Immediate Care center.

Take care,

Donna

Subject: Update on meTo: "BeWellandFit-YAHOO-Group" <BeWellandFit >, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers-Losing-Weight-Together >, "Exercise-Accountability" <exercise_accountability >, "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos >, "FightingFatFeelingFit-Yahoo-Group" <Fighting-Fat-Feeling-Fit >, "Get-Fit-Stay-Fit-YAHOO-Group" <GetFitStayFitTheChallenge >, "GetHealthyFollowBobGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBobGreenesTIPS >, "On-the-Lighter-Side-YahooGroup" <On_the_Lighter_Side >, selfchallenge02 , "The 20 60 Challenge group on Yahoo" <The2060Challenge >,

TotalBodyMakeoverYourWay , volleyjenwlc2004@..., WalkingForExerciseAndWeightLoss , wlcmichigan Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2010, 4:22 PM

Hi, just wanted to let you know how I'm doing. Well yesterday I started on the steroid pill (Prednisone) because I completed the IV steroid (Solu-Medrol) and I prefer the IV to the pills! I'm having a TERRIBLE reaction to the pills. These pills are suppose to be slowly tapered off to decrease the steroids in my body but I'm really suffering. I have a horrible red face and neck. It looks like and feels like a sunburn only worse because it flares up at different times during the day and night. I feel like I have a fever or the flu I get so hot. I feel shaky inside, like my stomach/intestines are moving around. I feel like my hands are shaking but their not. Most people taking steroids have more energy and become very hungry. Not me, I feel the opposite. I am

exhausted and have no appetite at all. Also, I get a sore throat and little blisters on the back of the roof of my mouth. I had to call off work because I feel so lousy. My boss will just have to understand. She seemed to when I talked to her yesterday but who knows...? Too bad if she doesn't because my health is more important! I think I iwlll take some Benadryl to see if I can get any relief as it seems like an allergic reaction. Has anyone here ever taken high dose Prednisone Taper? I took 100mg yesterday and will today. Tomorrow and Thursday I go down to 80 mg. If you have any advice on how to manage the symptoms, please let me know.

Jen

Guest guest

Hi Jen,

Take care,

Donna

Jen

Guest guest

jen,

sorry to hear this:( i have been on the pills before--no red skin or sore

throat. thinking you should call the doctor who prescribed the pills asap and

explain your situation!!!

stacey

>

>     Hi, just wanted to let you know how I'm doing.  Well yesterday I

> started on the steroid pill (Prednisone) because I completed the IV

> steroid (Solu-Medrol) and I prefer the IV to the pills! 

>

>    

> I'm having a TERRIBLE reaction to the pills.  These pills are suppose

> to be slowly tapered off to decrease the steroids in my body but I'm

> really suffering.

>

>     I have a horrible red face and neck.  It

> looks like and feels like a sunburn only worse because it flares up at

> different times during the day and night.  I feel like I have a fever

> or the flu I get so hot.  I feel shaky inside, like my

> stomach/intestines are moving around.  I feel like my hands are shaking

> but their not. 

>

>       Most people taking steroids have more

> energy and become very hungry.  Not me, I feel the opposite.  I am

> exhausted and have no appetite at all.  Also, I get a sore throat and

> little blisters on the back of the roof of my mouth.

>

>        I

> had to call off work because I feel so lousy.  My boss will

> just have to understand.  She seemed to when I talked to her yesterday

> but who knows...?  Too bad if she doesn't because my health is more

> important!

>

>         I think I iwlll take some Benadryl to see if I can get any relief as

it seems like an allergic reaction.

>

>        Has anyone here ever taken high dose Prednisone Taper?  I took 100mg

yesterday and will today.  Tomorrow and Thursday I go down to 80 mg.  If you

have any advice on how to manage the symptoms, please let me know.

>

>                 Jen

>

Guest guest

jen,

sorry to hear this:( i have been on the pills before--no red skin or sore

throat. thinking you should call the doctor who prescribed the pills asap and

explain your situation!!!

stacey

>

>     Hi, just wanted to let you know how I'm doing.  Well yesterday I

> started on the steroid pill (Prednisone) because I completed the IV

> steroid (Solu-Medrol) and I prefer the IV to the pills! 

>

>    

> I'm having a TERRIBLE reaction to the pills.  These pills are suppose

> to be slowly tapered off to decrease the steroids in my body but I'm

> really suffering.

>

>     I have a horrible red face and neck.  It

> looks like and feels like a sunburn only worse because it flares up at

> different times during the day and night.  I feel like I have a fever

> or the flu I get so hot.  I feel shaky inside, like my

> stomach/intestines are moving around.  I feel like my hands are shaking

> but their not. 

>

>       Most people taking steroids have more

> energy and become very hungry.  Not me, I feel the opposite.  I am

> exhausted and have no appetite at all.  Also, I get a sore throat and

> little blisters on the back of the roof of my mouth.

>

>        I

> had to call off work because I feel so lousy.  My boss will

> just have to understand.  She seemed to when I talked to her yesterday

> but who knows...?  Too bad if she doesn't because my health is more

> important!

>

>         I think I iwlll take some Benadryl to see if I can get any relief as

it seems like an allergic reaction.

>

>        Has anyone here ever taken high dose Prednisone Taper?  I took 100mg

yesterday and will today.  Tomorrow and Thursday I go down to 80 mg.  If you

have any advice on how to manage the symptoms, please let me know.

>

>                 Jen

>

Guest guest

Jen,

Definitely call your doctor or an ER IMMEDIATELY. I don't think this is at all a normal reaction.

Please, let us know what the doc says when you can too.

Hugs,

Update on me

Hi, just wanted to let you know how I'm doing. Well yesterday I started on the steroid pill (Prednisone) because I completed the IV steroid (Solu-Medrol) and I prefer the IV to the pills! I'm having a TERRIBLE reaction to the pills. These pills are suppose to be slowly tapered off to decrease the steroids in my body but I'm really suffering. I have a horrible red face and neck. It looks like and feels like a sunburn only worse because it flares up at different times during the day and night. I feel like I have a fever or the flu I get so hot. I feel shaky inside, like my stomach/intestines are moving around. I feel like my hands are shaking but their not. Most people taking steroids have more energy and become very hungry. Not me, I feel the opposite. I am exhausted and have no appetite at all. Also, I get a sore throat and little blisters on the back of the roof of my mouth. I had to call off work because I feel so lousy. My boss will just have to understand. She seemed to when I talked to her yesterday but who knows...? Too bad if she doesn't because my health is more important! I think I iwlll take some Benadryl to see if I can get any relief as it seems like an allergic reaction. Has anyone here ever taken high dose Prednisone Taper? I took 100mg yesterday and will today. Tomorrow and Thursday I go down to 80 mg. If you have any advice on how to manage the symptoms, please let me know. Jen

Guest guest

Jen,

Definitely call your doctor or an ER IMMEDIATELY. I don't think this is at all a normal reaction.

Please, let us know what the doc says when you can too.

Hugs,

Update on me

Hi, just wanted to let you know how I'm doing. Well yesterday I started on the steroid pill (Prednisone) because I completed the IV steroid (Solu-Medrol) and I prefer the IV to the pills! I'm having a TERRIBLE reaction to the pills. These pills are suppose to be slowly tapered off to decrease the steroids in my body but I'm really suffering. I have a horrible red face and neck. It looks like and feels like a sunburn only worse because it flares up at different times during the day and night. I feel like I have a fever or the flu I get so hot. I feel shaky inside, like my stomach/intestines are moving around. I feel like my hands are shaking but their not. Most people taking steroids have more energy and become very hungry. Not me, I feel the opposite. I am exhausted and have no appetite at all. Also, I get a sore throat and little blisters on the back of the roof of my mouth. I had to call off work because I feel so lousy. My boss will just have to understand. She seemed to when I talked to her yesterday but who knows...? Too bad if she doesn't because my health is more important! I think I iwlll take some Benadryl to see if I can get any relief as it seems like an allergic reaction. Has anyone here ever taken high dose Prednisone Taper? I took 100mg yesterday and will today. Tomorrow and Thursday I go down to 80 mg. If you have any advice on how to manage the symptoms, please let me know. Jen

Guest guest

Unbelievable!!! Do you have an immediate care type place you can go to? They have them around here and I have had to use them on occasion either on a weekend or when my PCP couldn't schedule me. When I had what I think was H1N1 last spring I went to the immediate care place b/c it was Easter weekend!Donna

TotalBodyMakeoverYourWay , volleyjenwlc2004@..., WalkingForExerciseAndWeightLoss , wlcmichigan Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 11:40 PM

Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak. I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she doesn't

know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through! I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens

because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again. Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my

throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.Pray for me, Jen I

Guest guest

Unbelievable!!! Do you have an immediate care type place you can go to? They have them around here and I have had to use them on occasion either on a weekend or when my PCP couldn't schedule me. When I had what I think was H1N1 last spring I went to the immediate care place b/c it was Easter weekend!Donna

TotalBodyMakeoverYourWay , volleyjenwlc2004@..., WalkingForExerciseAndWeightLoss , wlcmichigan Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 11:40 PM

Well the fun NEVER ENDS! I called the resident who is suppose to be my Dr. today to tell him about the side effects I'm having on Prednisone. He isn't working alone he is being over-seen by the Head Neuro-Ophthalmologi st who is in charge of all of the Ophthalmologist residents at the Beaumont Eye Institute in Royal Oak. I told him that I talked to a Pharmacist last night about my symptoms and he said that I should call you in the morning because a couple of them aren't normal. I told the resident about feeling tired and have a red sore throat that has blisters on it. The blisters are in the back of my throat so every time I swallow it hurts. He said that I should follow up with my PCP - Primary Care Physician. I said that I don't have one yet but have a scheduled appointment with her next week. However, she doesn't

know me and doesn't know what has been happening with me. He said that he doesn't mean to brush me off onto my PCP but he is only concerned with treating my eye condition nothing else. Well, that PISSED ME OFF and I told him that he gave me the medication (Prednisone) that is causing this side effect so HE IS responsible for my care. I told him that he is suppose to monitor my condition. I went on to tell him that he should have empathy for his patients. I said you sure don't seem to care about what I'm going through! I told him that I want him to write down all of the symptoms I said and to show them to his supervisor then he or the supervisor has to call me back to tell me what I should do about my SORE RED throat with BLISTERS on it! The night before I had looked up the side effects of Prednisone and one of them is Oral Thrush which is a yeast infection of the mouth. It happens

because Prednisone kills off the bacteria that are responsible for stopping yeast to grow in your body. Well that resident talked to his supervisor and called me back right away. He said that I had Oral Thrush! I told him that that's what I thought I had and that it's a yeast infection, he said that's right and that some people get infections while taking Prednisone. He told me that babies get thrush, and I thought SO WHAT, am I suppose to let it keep growing in my mouth and down my throat! He said that they could look at my throat if it's not getting any better. So, I told him that if I don't feel any better tomorrow or if my throat hurts worse I will call him again. Later, my neighbor called and told me that I have to get an antibiotic to treat the yeast infection (Oral Thrush) because it could spread down my throat and make swallowing harder.....TOO LATE, I can feel it in my

throat NOW. I called my "new" PCP but she won't be back until Monday so I scheduled an appointment with another Dr. in her office. I hope I don't have to wait an hour to get in to see the Dr. and get some MEDS! Stupid resident should have sent a prescription to my pharmacy. Thank God my neighbor knew how serious is can get.Pray for me, Jen I