RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Colleen

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow Helen I cant believe your hubby can sleep through all that I wish I could!!!

I couldnt sleep the night before jsut thinking about it. I supposedly need two

more root canals and a lot of fillings replaced. So I just have to be tough

and cant wait till its all over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for caring and I hope you are feeling good and like you said the weather

got nasty here today but is supposed to get better tomorrow! Hugs COLLEEN

Guest guest

Hi Colleen :o( I'm so sorry things have been so bad :o( You hang in there

K!! How are you feeling today?

Jessi

Guest guest

JESSI

thanks for the warm wishes. I really am feeling better today and just got up

from a nap that felt like I had slept all night! I looked at the clock and

could not figure out if it was morning or night.Funny=in my old life I never had

such luxuries.

I hope youre feeling well and that everythings OK

I have been trying to lose a few pounds so that I can chow on my bday and

thanksgiving!

Take care and hugs

Colleen

Guest guest

That sounds great! I would love a day away from the kids. Zachary is driving

me insane again!!! He just won't stop acting up.

's on his way home from work soon & and I are going shopping! Gotta

do the girl stuff with her while she's little cause I've got a feeling that when

she gets older she won't want to hang out with her mom! :)

Colleen

Country Meadow Creations

--

1 cent a minute calls anywhere in the U.S.!

http://www.net2phone.com/cgi-bin/link.cgi?170

Guest guest

Me Too!! I have a cleaning wen's. and even that hurts my teeth :o( The dentist says I need some of my hubby's relaxation techniques!!!

It's cold here!!! I am typing with gloves on as I can't keep my hands and feet warm anymore :o( I have poly Neuropathy and I haven't the feelings in them all the time now and they get so cold and sometimes turn purple :o( When's your next appointment???

{{{ Many Hugs }}}

Helen

Wow Helen I cant believe your hubby can sleep through all that I wish Icould!!! I couldnt sleep the night before jsut thinking about it. I supposedlyneed two more root canals and a lot of fillings replaced. So I just have tobe tough and cant wait till its all over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for caring and I hope you are feeling good and like you said the weathergot nasty here today but is supposed to get better tomorrow! Hugs COLLEEN

Guest guest

Hi Helenwell i have an appt right before thanksgiving and right after! So wish

me luck and that these dont hurt so bad. I will be happy to have the whole

thing over with as far as going to my parents for the whole week etc. Its hard

dealing with them and they dont respect that this sjogrens is real and Im not a

hypochondriac. Also something that is so hard to deal with is that since all of

this started, due to meds and not being able to get out as much I have gained

weight. Im 5'6 " and wear a size 8. So Im not exactly huge, but I USED to work

out like a dog and stay VERY thin Anyway,when Im at the parents house my

mother monitors what I eat and is always too concerned with my weight. Youd

think I weighed 300lbs. It is so rude and stupid. My priority is not now to be

a size 4 But to make it through each day with this illness. I cringe at the

though of dealing with it, because when i say something BACK--then Im

overreacting and being too sensitive blah blah blah. So I cant win. Just pray

for me that it a

ll goes quick and that people mind their own business.

Big Hugs Colleen

Guest guest

Hi Helenwell i have an appt right before thanksgiving and right after! So wish

me luck and that these dont hurt so bad. I will be happy to have the whole

thing over with as far as going to my parents for the whole week etc. Its hard

dealing with them and they dont respect that this sjogrens is real and Im not a

hypochondriac. Also something that is so hard to deal with is that since all of

this started, due to meds and not being able to get out as much I have gained

weight. Im 5'6 " and wear a size 8. So Im not exactly huge, but I USED to work

out like a dog and stay VERY thin Anyway,when Im at the parents house my

mother monitors what I eat and is always too concerned with my weight. Youd

think I weighed 300lbs. It is so rude and stupid. My priority is not now to be

a size 4 But to make it through each day with this illness. I cringe at the

though of dealing with it, because when i say something BACK--then Im

overreacting and being too sensitive blah blah blah. So I cant win. Just pray

for me that it a

ll goes quick and that people mind their own business.

Big Hugs Colleen

Guest guest

I Wish I was a size 8 !!! Your parents ought to be Proud of you for that!!! There are Not that many size 8's out there now a days !!!

Ouch, just before Thanksgiving is ruff!!! I have a cleaning in the morning and I do not look forward to that, I hurt so bad...

Just ignore them when they are putting you down... Paste a SMILE on your face and think of something you do like very much and drown out what they are saying that is so negative!!! The Holidays are Suppose to be full of Fun and LOVE !!! If they can't do that then poohy on them !!! :o) You going to their home when you are dreading it is bad enough... But I am Proud of you for doing it!!! Parents aren't here forever!!! So do the best you can and Smile !!! They then will be wondering why !!! :o)

Print this out at the bottom, ( Not this letter :o) And then hand them the article about your disease and see what happens !!!

When do you go to your parents??? Take Care...

{{{ Supporting Hugs }}}

Helen

P.S. YES, My Prayers Will be with you!!!

What is Sjogren's Syndrome?

Sjogren's syndrome is an autoimmune disorder in which immune cells attack and destroy the glands that produce tears and saliva. Sjogren's syndrome is also associated with rheumatic disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis. The hallmark symptoms of the disorder are dry mouth and dry eyes. In addition, Sjogren's syndrome may cause skin, nose, and vaginal dryness, and may affect other organs of the body including the kidneys, blood vessels, lungs, liver, pancreas, and brain.

Is there any treatment?

There is no known cure for Sjogren's syndrome nor is there a specific treatment to restore gland secretion. Treatment is generally symptomatic and supportive. Moisture replacement therapies may ease the symptoms of dryness. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may be used to treat musculoskeletal symptoms. For individuals with severe complications, corticosteroids or immunosuppressive drugs may be prescribed.

What is the prognosis?

Sjogren's can damage vital organs of the body with symptoms that may plateau, worsen, or go into remission. Some people may experience only the mild symptoms of dry eyes and mouth, while others go through cycles of good health followed by severe disease. Many patients are able to treat problems symptomatically. Others are forced to cope with blurred vision, constant eye discomfort, recurrent mouth infections, swollen parotid glands, hoarseness, and difficulty in swallowing and eating. Debilitating fatigue and joint pain can seriously impair quality of life.

What research is being done?

The goals of research on disorders such as Sjogren's syndrome focus on increasing knowledge and under-standing of the disorder, improving diagnostic techniques, and finding ways to treat, prevent, and cure the disorder.

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- -:():-

-:¦:- (( °º¤

«::(¨`v´¨)::» °..··..*.. ·· ..°

*..·°-:¦::- `v´*Helen *-:¦:- °·..*

* °.. ·· ..*.. ·· ..° *..

Hi Helenwell i have an appt right before thanksgiving and right after! So wishme luck and that these dont hurt so bad. I will be happy to have the wholething over with as far as going to my parents for the whole week etc. Its harddealing with them and they dont respect that this sjogrens is real and Im not ahypochondriac. Also something that is so hard to deal with is that since allof this started, due to meds and not being able to get out as much I havegained weight. Im 5'6" and wear a size 8. So Im not exactly huge, but I USEDto work out like a dog and stay VERY thin Anyway,when Im at the parents housemy mother monitors what I eat and is always too concerned with my weight. Youdthink I weighed 300lbs. It is so rude and stupid. My priority is not now tobe a size 4 But to make it through each day with this illness. I cringe atthe though of dealing with it, because when i say something BACK--then Imoverreacting and being too sensitive blah blah blah. So I cant win. Just prayfor me that it all goes quick and that people mind their own business. Big Hugs Colleen

Guest guest

Thanks so much Helen for the great advice. You know how family can be. Even though Im turning 32 on sat. parents are still parents and it can be hard for me to 'be an adult' and ignore the rudeness I am going to do my best with the dental stuff too to just get some rest and stay clear of people. I mean it got so bad earlier this year that even if I was eating a salad mom would question me about how much fat was in the dressing! That is not normal, considering my size and age. Its like its a way they can vent the frustration indirectly at me about the sjogrens. my parents are really tight with their money and did not help with a dime for college or anything else--but they let all the extended family think they were paying for everything. Well, once this sjogrens thing happened I was staying at my aunts and the lies all came out. And the fighting started. It pissed my parents off, and also exposed to everyone that they weren't helping with the sjogrens and my disability stuff. Thats why my teeth got so bad, I had to wait because they wouldnt help with anything.

OK Ive vented and thanks again for the info and kind advice

Hugs Colleen

Guest guest

Yes, I'm afraid I do know how family can be :o( I just ignore my relatives... I love to get together with them, but I always end up off on my own sitting :o( My health issues are never mentioned, because no one cares. but let one of them be ill and that is what they all talk about... And i raised the Brats :o)

Don't worry yourself to a frazzle, it just isn't worth it...:o) YOU know what is right from wrong and that is ALL that matters :o) Next time they are worried about how much fat is in something, hand it too them (after you use it ) and say here, it tastes real good, I'll share, and SMILE :o) Love them, but ignore them, does that make sense???

Is your birthday November 17 ???

Tsk, Tsk, you didn't tell Ling !!! It isn't in the files !!!

I had my cleaning on my teeth yesterday... I do not like going to the dentists at all !!! My teeth are so sensitive it hurts while they are cleaning...I do not rinse with there water pic, it is too cold!!! So she gives me warm water in a cup to swish around instead, they are neat up there :o) They know how terrible it is for me :o(

{{{ STRONG HUGS }}}

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Thanks so much Helen for the great advice. You know how family can be. Even though Im turning 32 on sat. parents are still parents and it can be hard for me to 'be an adult' and ignore the rudeness I am going to do my best with the dental stuff too to just get some rest and stay clear of people. I mean it got so bad earlier this year that even if I was eating a salad mom would question me about how much fat was in the dressing! That is not normal, considering my size and age. Its like its a way they can vent the frustration indirectly at me about the sjogrens. my parents are really tight with their money and did not help with a dime for college or anything else--but they let all the extended family think they were paying for everything. Well, once this sjogrens thing happened I was staying at my aunts and the lies all came out. And the fighting started. It pissed my parents off, and also exposed to everyone that they weren't helping with the sjogrens and my disability stuff. Thats why my teeth got so bad, I had to wait because they wouldnt help with anything.

OK Ive vented and thanks again for the info and kind advice

Hugs Colleen

Guest guest

Hey Helen

Yes my bday is the 17th and Ill be out of town and pray that my eyes dont hurt too bad so I can have sooome fun for a change! I could use it I will ignore like you said and just deal with things in my own way---Im determined not to get all upset and I am going to make some smart remarks if anything is mentioned about food or weight!

HUGS COLLEEN

Guest guest

WAY TO GO COLLEEN !!! HAVE A VERY GOOD TIME :o)

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Hey Helen

Yes my bday is the 17th and Ill be out of town and pray that my eyes dont hurt too bad so I can have sooome fun for a change! I could use it I will ignore like you said and just deal with things in my own way---Im determined not to get all upset and I am going to make some smart remarks if anything is mentioned about food or weight!

HUGS COLLEEN A

Guest guest

Ham and cabbage?? yummy! I'll trade ya our turkey for some!

HEY! speaking of your in-laws.... ask your FIL what brand that snowblower

is or where he got it. Maybe would know.

We're having a tough time finding out who made it.... we type in "Snow Chief"

to search engines and keep getting hits on some superstar horse who raced

in the triple crown! lol no biggy if he can't remember... I can call my buddy

at Farrell's if we have to.

Terri.... who can't wait for it to snow so she can play with her new toy!!

(yes... I'm a sick woman!) lol

Colleen ston wrote:

We got back a little bit ago from the turkey eating too! Tomorrow 's

invited his parents & grandmother out to our house for dinner-ham &

cabbage.

Anyone mind if I come to their house for dinner? I can't stand the smell,

let alone the taste of the stuff. Totally gross! My MIL is bringing me

more turkey!! LOL!

Colleen-who is going to bed soon cause being of since 4am is starting to

wear me out!

Country Meadow Creations

Our members map

http://.homestead.com/locations.html

Our Message Board

http://www.voy.com/21568/

Check out these great Molds!!

http://soapwerks.com/martinworld.htm

Member Kae's Site... Awesome oil Prices!

http://www.olivetreesoaps.com/

All posts to this list are copyrighted by post author. They may NOT be forwarded,

copied, or used in anyway without the permission of the post author with

the exception of answering posts to this list. Posts are personal opinions

only.

Guest guest

Thanks for the lovely letter you wrote. I have been just scared to death that he will just stop breathing. I know I am making a pest of myself at his house, but I am afraid to leave. This sure can be draining. Unfortunately, I am having husband problems like my cuz, and it sure doesn't help things. I'm usually the liveliest person around Christmas, and I just dont care this year. I wish it was just over with. Please keep my dad in your prayers, and as long as he is here with me, I will have a good Christmas. Thanks again. Kathy

Guest guest

You are certainly welcome Kathy! Please remember that if you need to vent or just talk to anyone, we will listen. I'm not a good advice-giver, but I sure can listen well!

Take care!

Colleen

Country Meadow Creations

Guest guest

I haven't done fizzing bath salts, I needed it for Bath Fizzies. Have you done

them? I love taking baths with them. Anyhow, I can't find the jars I used to get

at the Dollar Tree anymore. They had a nice wood top and came with a little wooden

spoon that hung thru a glass handle on the side of the jar. I ended up spending $1.50

for each jar at WalMart - they hold 12 oz. of salts. They're the apothacary jars. I bought

the last (9) they had the other day. I also got some good sized bath salt tubes from a company

I found on line recently. They hold (8) oz. wt. of salts and have a real airtight top to them

After I finish this email I'll go to my favorites folder and send a link. They were really cheap.

I used to use the small ones that everybody sells online but they don't hold very much.

I love these!! I'll go find the site. By the way, the Soap Wizard is the same company I buy all

my sea salts from. Very reasonable price and they're ALWAY nice and clean. I never have

to pick out any yucky black ones. Have you purchased theirs? They recently had a special

where you buy (3) 10# containers and receive a "free" 10# container. So I jumped on that

one.

M

Re: HO HO HO!

-

You're too funny!!! :)

Sorry about the batch of salts, but at least you caught it in time. That Holly Berry sounds pretty awesome. What kind of jars do you use for your salts?

Don't know about the citric acid, sorry. I bought mine from Soap Wizards & then sold it to Terri when I decided fizzing bath salts were not for me.

Colleen

Country Meadow CreationsOur members maphttp://.homestead.com/locations.htmlOur Message Boardhttp://www.voy.com/21568/Check out these great Molds!!http://soapwerks.com/martinworld.htmMember Kae's Site... Awesome oil Prices!http://www.olivetreesoaps.com/All posts to this list are copyrighted by post author. They may NOT be forwarded, copied, or used in anyway without the permission of the post author with the exception of answering posts to this list. Posts are personal opinions only.

Guest guest

I never made the bath fizzies, no patience. That's what Terri was using the citric acid for though.

I've used cello bags for salts, then switched to clear double wall jars. I really liked those, but I haven't sold very many. I bought 100 salt tubes from Penny (Sage Meadow Sundries) before she went out of business. I haven't even used them yet, so I don't know how much they hold. I like the tubes because they take up less space and you can just "pour" them into the bath instead of scooping.

I get my salts from Soap Wizards too. I've still got about 30lbs though. I bought the larger/course grain at From Nature With Love and didn't have a problem with them. I know others have had to pick out the black stuff from their salts. I'm going to stay with Soap Wizards unless I find the same quality cheaper somewhere else.

Colleen

Country Meadow Creations

Guest guest

Colleen how much is their salts? I am assuming sea salt... oh heck I could just look it up! I dont need to be soo lazy! LOL

-----Original Message-----From: Colleen ston [mailto:countrymeadowcreations@...]Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 8:23 PM Subject: Re: Colleen

I never made the bath fizzies, no patience. That's what Terri was using the citric acid for though.

I've used cello bags for salts, then switched to clear double wall jars. I really liked those, but I haven't sold very many. I bought 100 salt tubes from Penny (Sage Meadow Sundries) before she went out of business. I haven't even used them yet, so I don't know how much they hold. I like the tubes because they take up less space and you can just "pour" them into the bath instead of scooping.

I get my salts from Soap Wizards too. I've still got about 30lbs though. I bought the larger/course grain at From Nature With Love and didn't have a problem with them. I know others have had to pick out the black stuff from their salts. I'm going to stay with Soap Wizards unless I find the same quality cheaper somewhere else.

Colleen

Country Meadow CreationsOur members maphttp://.homestead.com/locations.htmlOur Message Boardhttp://www.voy.com/21568/Check out these great Molds!!http://soapwerks.com/martinworld.htmMember Kae's Site... Awesome oil Prices!http://www.olivetreesoaps.com/All posts to this list are copyrighted by post author. They may NOT be forwarded, copied, or used in anyway without the permission of the post author with the exception of answering posts to this list. Posts are personal opinions only.

Guest guest

Yup, I buy both the coarse and fine salts. I usually mix 4 cups of fine with

2 cups of coarse. They're great. Oh, that site I bought the salt tubes from I

sent to the list. I forgot, I also bought some cheap 8 oz. bottles with black

dome tops that are real nice. Check out their site. They're out in California but

my order came real fast. So I got (100) salt tubes and (50) bottles. They came

all in one big box and the s/h was only $10.35 which I don't think was bad at

all. That figures out to just $.07/container for s/h to add to the cost of the

container. I think that's VERY reasonable.

Re: Colleen

Colleen

Guest guest

Ok Colleen, I guess I cant look it up cuz I dont have thei web addy for soap wizards. What is it??

thx

Guest guest

Colleen

My Dad's doing OK. Thanks for asking. He finished (5) weeks of radiation treatments.

Then they made him take (3) weeks off. Then a few weeks ago he had to go in to the

hospital and have a bunch of radiation seeds implanted into the tumor area to try to

kill off the tumor that way. They use a needle for each seed and implant it that way.

He wasn't awake for that, though, thank God. He was home that afternoon but SORE.

He said he gets upset because the doctors don't tell him too much. I wonder how much

the doctors really know. I guess this is a pretty new concept so maybe they don't have

statistics as to how well it's been working on people. They didn't want to remove the

tumor and preferred to go this route. I guess it's one of those "wait and see" type things.

Of course, it's not the doctors that have to go thru the "wait and see" anxiety....you know?

Re: These are hilarious!!

Well it's good that you can find things to laugh at! :)

How is your dad doing anyway? You haven't mentioned, at least not that I caught.

Thanks for the link to the salt tubes. Those are pretty cool.

Colleen

Country Meadow Creations

Our members maphttp://.homestead.com/locations.htmlOur Message Boardhttp://www.voy.com/21568/Check out these great Molds!!http://soapwerks.com/martinworld.htmMember Kae's Site... Awesome oil Prices!http://www.olivetreesoaps.com/All posts to this list are copyrighted by post author. They may NOT be forwarded, copied, or used in anyway without the permission of the post author with the exception of answering posts to this list. Posts are personal opinions only.

Guest guest

Ummm, I don't know! Hehehe! do you have it handy?

I haven't ordered in a reaaallll long time!

Sorry Shaye!

Colleen

Country Meadow Creations

Guest guest

I'm a firm believer in the fact that most of the time doctor's are just as clueless as the rest of us. Unfortunately most of us want them to know everything because they are the "doctor."

At least they are trying something like this & hopefully for all of you it will work out. I've been thinking of him & just kept forgetting to ask!

Keep us up to date on how he is doing. Have you heard about Kathy's dad lately?

Colleen

Country Meadow Creations

Guest guest

Nope, the only time I hear from Kathy is when she posts to our group. I just

got my phone bill, though, where I talked to her for 3hrs. 20 minutes. Yikes!!

I won't do THAT again. (hehe). That's why email is so great. It's FREE. The

last I heard (not sure if she posted to me or the whole group) was that her father

is on oxygen 24/7 now and he's NOT happy. Maybe I SHOULD call her. To hell

with the phone bill.

M

Re: Colleen

I'm a firm believer in the fact that most of the time doctor's are just as clueless as the rest of us. Unfortunately most of us want them to know everything because they are the "doctor."

At least they are trying something like this & hopefully for all of you it will work out. I've been thinking of him & just kept forgetting to ask!

Keep us up to date on how he is doing. Have you heard about Kathy's dad lately?

Colleen

Country Meadow Creations

Our members maphttp://.homestead.com/locations.htmlOur Message Boardhttp://www.voy.com/21568/Check out these great Molds!!http://soapwerks.com/martinworld.htmMember Kae's Site... Awesome oil Prices!http://www.olivetreesoaps.com/All posts to this list are copyrighted by post author. They may NOT be forwarded, copied, or used in anyway without the permission of the post author with the exception of answering posts to this list. Posts are personal opinions only.