Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is very interesting indeed! I usually go to my blood tests at the

end of the day but I went at lunchtime on that particular occasion and

as it happened I think I had forgotten my medication that day. I

normally take it early in the morning and had taken it before going to

the hospital that is an hour or two before!! I can't believe the

consultant is not aware of all this and doesn't query the patient when

tests come back as fine and the patient doesn't feel so!!

• 3 months later...

it sounds like you need to help your adrenals along with your thyroid. I seldom see any one writing about their diet here along with taking the iodine. are you eating protein with all your meals? the adrenal glands require this to settle, best way is at least 2 eggs/ daily, preferably poached to start. hth, linda

Confused

Dear Group - I posted back in October that I had just started Iodoral - 12.5 mg daily. On Monday, December 22nd I saw my DO and she wanted me to increase my iodine. In the meantime they drew blood to check my thyroid levels. I increased my iodoral by 1/2 a tablet - wanted to start slowly. On day three I got this weird headache on the upper left part of my forehead - right on the hairline - that kept throbbing. I tried a salt flush and it didn't help. I decided to cut back to 1 tablet daily again. A couple of days later my DO's office called and said I'm hypothyroid and wanted me to start taking Armour - I reminded them that another Dr. had prescribed that before and it made my heart pound really bad. The nurse called me back and said the D.O. wants me to take levothyroxine AKA Synthroid which I refuse to take. I told her that my understanding was that someone taking iodine does not need thyroid meds. She said the D.O. just wants me to do a six week trial and re-check my labs - that I just need a little push to get started. I never did try splitting my Armour up as it scared my so bad the first time around - I thought I was going to have a heart attack.Anyway, I'm confused. Can anyone help?Thanks,

On what basis did he dx you with hypothyroidism? TSH? If that is the case it is a poor indication of thyroid status.

You are incorrect that those on iodine do not need thyroid medication. There are many of us on both.

If you have issue with taking thyroid medication when truly hypothyroid you may have low ferritin, low b-12 and / or adrenal insufficiency. All need to be corrected.

Also you cannot expect to heal your thyroid / body by just taking iodine. You must take supporting nutrients as well. Check out my website www.naturalthyroidchoices.com for the list.

Confused

Dear Group - I posted back in October that I had just started Iodoral - 12.5 mg daily. On Monday, December 22nd I saw my DO and she wanted me to increase my iodine. In the meantime they drew blood to check my thyroid levels. I increased my iodoral by 1/2 a tablet - wanted to start slowly. On day three I got this weird headache on the upper left part of my forehead - right on the hairline - that kept throbbing. I tried a salt flush and it didn't help. I decided to cut back to 1 tablet daily again. A couple of days later my DO's office called and said I'm hypothyroid and wanted me to start taking Armour - I reminded them that another Dr. had prescribed that before and it made my heart pound really bad. The nurse called me back and said the D.O. wants me to take levothyroxine AKA Synthroid which I refuse to take. I told her that my understanding was that someone taking iodine does not need thyroid meds. She said the D.O. just wants me to do a six week trial and re-check my labs - that I just need a little push to get started. I never did try splitting my Armour up as it scared my so bad the first time around - I thought I was going to have a heart attack.Anyway, I'm confused. Can anyone help?Thanks,

-

She actually dx me hypo by all my T's - not just TSH. Unfortunately

I don't know my labs.

Since there are many people here taking both I would appreciate any

feedback I can get on THYROXINE. (I was MISTAKEN about it being

levothyroxine)

Yes, you are correct about other issues. I have low b-12 (taking

Metanx and a B100 Complex) and my Cortisol levels were high. She

have me a DHEA Spray for this along with an herbal supplement called

Exhilarin by Metagenics. I have not had a chance to begin the

Exhilarin because she wants me to try it on a day I'll be home all

day and that just doesn't happen.

Thanks,

>

> On what basis did he dx you with hypothyroidism? TSH? If that is

the case it is a poor indication of thyroid status.

>

> You are incorrect that those on iodine do not need thyroid

medication. There are many of us on both.

>

> If you have issue with taking thyroid medication when truly

hypothyroid you may have low ferritin, low b-12 and / or adrenal

insufficiency. All need to be corrected.

>

> Also you cannot expect to heal your thyroid / body by just taking

iodine. You must take supporting nutrients as well. Check out my

website www.naturalthyroidchoices.com for the list.

>

>

On Jan 6, 2009, at 10:52 AM, daviansmom wrote:Dear Group - I posted back in October that I had just started Iodoral - 12.5 mg daily. On Monday, December 22nd I saw my DO and she wanted me to increase my iodine. In the meantime they drew blood to check my thyroid levels. I increased my iodoral by 1/2 a tablet - wanted to start slowly. On day three I got this weird headache on the upper left part of my forehead - right on the hairline - that kept throbbing. I tried a salt flush and it didn't help. I decided to cut back to 1 tablet daily again. A couple of days later my DO's office called and said I'm hypothyroid and wanted me to start taking Armour - I reminded them that another Dr. had prescribed that before and it made my heart pound really bad. The nurse called me back and said the D.O. wants me to take levothyroxine AKA Synthroid which I refuse to take. I told her that my understanding was that someone taking iodine does not need thyroid meds. She said the D.O. just wants me to do a six week trial and re-check my labs - that I just need a little push to get started. I never did try splitting my Armour up as it scared my so bad the first time around - I thought I was going to have a heart attack.Anyway, I'm confused. Can anyone help?Thanks,

I think you should try 50mg Iodoral.

Gracia

On Jan 6, 2009, at 10:52 AM, daviansmom wrote:

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.4/1880 - Release Date: 1/7/2009 8:49 AM

In a message dated 1/7/2009 2:57:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, erosewall@... writes:

I never did try splitting my Armour up as it scared my so bad the first time around - I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

..sounds like your adrenals may have a problem. Check out the website and do a few of the tests -- if your adrenals are fatigued you won't be able to take Armour until they are somewhat healed.

BarbFNew year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines.

Sorry for my ignorance - what web site?

>

>

> In a message dated 1/7/2009 2:57:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> erosewall@... writes:

>

> I never did try splitting my Armour up as it scared my so bad the

> first time around - I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

>

>

>

>

> ..sounds like your adrenals may have a problem. Check out

the website

> and do a few of the tests -- if your adrenals are fatigued you

won't be able

> to take Armour until they are somewhat healed.

> BarbF

> **************New year...new news. Be the first to know what is

making

> headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)

>

www.stopthethyroidmadness.com

That website saved my life.

Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009

2:33 PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Confused

Sorry for my ignorance - what web site?

>

>

> In a message dated 1/7/2009 2:57:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> erosewall@... writes:

>

> I never did try splitting my Armour up as it scared my so bad the

> first time around - I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

>

>

>

>

> ..sounds like your adrenals may have a problem. Check out

the website

> and do a few of the tests -- if your adrenals are fatigued you

won't be able

> to take Armour until they are somewhat healed.

> BarbF

> **************New year...new news. Be the first to know what is

making

> headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)

>

Another website that really saved my life

was www.drhotze.com, they will send you

free books and free DVD’s explaining the thyroid, hormone, and adrenal

connection, this is free information that gave me the tools I needed to get

control over my life again.

Mia

Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009

2:41 PM

iodine

Subject: RE: Re: Confused

www.stopthethyroidmadness.com

That website saved my life.

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

I think it is mg, not gram.

5% solution: 6.25 mg per drop

3% solution: (3/5 X 6.25) = 0.6 X 6.25 = 1.25 mg per drop7% solution (7/5 X 6.25) = 1.4 X 6.25 = 8.75 mg per drop

15% solution: (15/5 X6.25) = 3 X 6.25 = 18.75mg per drop.

Best,

Ting

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 10:42 AM, pgun3 <pgun3@...> wrote:

Can any one help me? How many grams of iodine is in the different solutions? I know that 12.5gm are in 2 drops of lugol's 5% but what is in the 3%, 7%, 15%? I am trying to be frugal but want to use what dr recommended. Which right now is 4 drops 5% daily of lugol's. I paid $14 for 1oz at his office and am trying to see if I can buy larger bottle for less but I don't know what the percentages mean and I actually get a headache reading how you are supposed to figure it out! LOL it is greek to me!!!!!!!!!

ThanksPenny

Guest guest

Thank You Ting!!!!!!!!!!

>

> >

> >

> > Can any one help me? How many grams of iodine is in the different

> > solutions? I know that 12.5gm are in 2 drops of lugol's 5% but what is in

> > the 3%, 7%, 15%? I am trying to be frugal but want to use what dr

> > recommended. Which right now is 4 drops 5% daily of lugol's. I paid $14 for

> > 1oz at his office and am trying to see if I can buy larger bottle for less

> > but I don't know what the percentages mean and I actually get a headache

> > reading how you are supposed to figure it out! LOL it is greek to

> > me!!!!!!!!!

> >

> > Thanks

> > Penny

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

IF there are 6.25 mg in one drop of 5% solution then...

there are 1.25 mg in one drop of 1% solution then....

there are 2.50 mg in one drop of 2% solution then....

there are 3.75 mg in one drop of 3% solution then....

there are 5.00 mg in one drop of 4% solution then....

there are 6.25 mg in one drop of 5% solution then....

there are 7.50 mg in one drop of 6% solution then....

there are 8.75 mg in one drop of 7% solution then....

there are 18.75 mg in one drop of 15% solution, right?

Just add 1.25 for every 1% the solution rate goes up.

(Your 3% says 1.25 mg per drop.)

Laurel

>

> I think it is mg, not gram.

>

> 5% solution: 6.25 mg per drop

> 3% solution: (3/5 X 6.25) = 0.6 X 6.25 = 1.25 mg per drop

> 7% solution (7/5 X 6.25) = 1.4 X 6.25 = 8.75 mg per drop

> 15% solution: (15/5 X6.25) = 3 X 6.25 = 18.75mg per drop.

>

> Best,

>

> Ting

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Never heard of denatured iodine and can't find it in google either.

Decolorized Iodine - topical antiseptic, no color, made with iodine and alcohol.

Detoxified Iodine - www.iodinesource.com very low mg "energized" iodine.

Elemental Iodine - Elemental iodine is a potent germicide with wide spectrum and low tissue toxicity. A solution of 50 ppm (eg, 50 mg/L) kills bacteria in 1 min and bacterial spores in 15 min. It is poorly soluble in water but readily dissolves in ethanol, which enhances it antibacterial activity.

Lugol's Iodine/Iodide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lugol's_iodine

I googled all of the above info - so you can do this too.

I would put liquid Lugol's on my skine for cancer issues.

Steph

Confused

Now I'm confused about the difference between denatured, decolorized, detoxified and elemental iodine. Which one is potent? Which an antifungal? Which is Lugol's? Which of these should I put on my precancerous skin problem? Which one acts as an antiseptic pulling the poison from mosquito bites. And, then, which can be digested? I'm taking 5-10 drops per day of detoxified iodine. I wonder if it's similar to Lugol's? Deborah

• 4 months later...

Hi

If you want the very best care by the top rated surgeon, you will pick Dr. Aceves. He has done more sleeve surgeries than the other doctors and ALL without any leaks. You will be in a top rated hospital NOT a clinic. No matter where you have this surgery, make sure it is a hospital NOT just a clinic. I know that the hospital that Dr. Aceves has a much lower rate of infection than most US hospitals. They are cleaning 24-7. When I was there they cleaned my room 3 to 4 times a day, and they were always cleaning the entire hospital. I have never received such excellent care as I have received when I was in Mexicali with Dr. Aceves and his outstanding staff. I saw (2) doctors Dr. Aceves and Dr. Compos 3 times a day after the surgery. They spend all the time you need answering your questions or anything you want answers to. Their staff treats you with such care and respect.

I would go back in a heartbeat if I needed anything. This surgery is only the tool to allow you to achieve your weight loss that you want. It just doesn't melt off of you. It takes work and effort on your part. This means that you have to make the choice to eat healthy and start a program of some kind of exercise. I highly recommend Dr. Aceves. I was sleeved in Oct 2008 and have lost 93 pounds. I have NO regrets at all. I know that the habits that I have developed and having the sleeve that I will never put the weight back on again. This was a life changing journey for me and worth every dime I spent for it.

Suzanne

In a message dated 12/3/2009 6:38:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, olgastark82@... writes:

I have been doing some internt reseach and I want to make sure that I am making the right choice. Can anyone that has had surgery with Dr. A what there experiance was like. Pleae help. I also did some research on Dr. Corvala and I want make sure who really is a good doctor.Olga

I can't say enough good thing about Dr. Aceves. You don't say which surgery you

are having. Dr. Aceves is a fabulous surgeon and my entire experience there with

him and the hospital could not have been more wonderful. just ask what you want

to know and I am sure we will all be happy to answer your questions.

>

> I have been doing some internt reseach and I want to make sure that I am

making the right choice. Can anyone that has had surgery with Dr. A what there

experiance was like. Pleae help. I also did some research on Dr. Corvala and I

want make sure who really is a good doctor.

>

> Olga

>

Hi there Olga I had surgery with Dr Aceves in Mexicali in july my experience was nothing but the best! Very good drs I was soo impressed, also the nurses staff were great! Clean hospital , and drs check on you at all times I had never been in a hosp in Mexico but I can sure tell you its cleaner than here in the US! If you need any other info don't hesitate to ask thanks and good luck Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: "Olga" <olgastark82@...>Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 02:17:45 -0000< >Subject: Confused I have been doing some internt reseach and I want to make sure that I am making the right choice. Can anyone that has had surgery with Dr. A what there experiance was like. Pleae help. I also did some research on Dr. Corvala and I want make sure who really is a good doctor.Olga

If you will email me off list I will answer your questions about Corvalla-.  On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Olga <olgastark82@...> wrote:

I have been doing some internt reseach and I want to make sure that I am making the right choice. Can anyone that has had surgery with Dr. A what there experiance was like. Pleae help. I also did some research on Dr. Corvala and I want make sure who really is a good doctor.

Olga

Hello olga i had a sleeve done by dr A on 04/2008 I had done a lot of checking wich any one should do when having surgery outside of our country and came with dr i would go back in a heart beat i was treated with the best of the best the whole team is great and i am down 163lbs but you should always follow your heart

From: Olga <olgastark82@...>Subject: Confused Date: Thursday, December 3, 2009, 9:17 PM

I have been doing some internt reseach and I want to make sure that I am making the right choice. Can anyone that has had surgery with Dr. A what there experiance was like. Pleae help. I also did some research on Dr. Corvala and I want make sure who really is a good doctor.Olga

You couldn't be in better hands than Dr A. I had band surgery 2.5 yrs ago and was so please my mom had sleeve done 8 months ago and she was deathly afraid of going to MX and she has been back for follow ups and she is also a nurse and was very happy and IMPRESSED with the hospital. any questions you can email me. I would ONLY use Dr. A.....good luck!

From: Olga <olgastark82@...> Sent: Thu, December 3, 2009 8:17:45 PMSubject: Confused

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Hi I flew out of Portland, OR and I would suggest either Alaska Airlines or Southwest. Southwest will cost the least amount of money to fly. Please keep in mind the schedule of when they would like you to arrive by and when going home, you don't want to have to wait too long at the Airport if you are flying out of San Diego. When I flew home I also told the Airlines that I had just had surgery and so the allowed me to board in the first group, so tell them that you just had surgery.

I hope that helps,

Suzanne

In a message dated 3/19/2010 2:14:19 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, olgastark82@... writes:

I have tried to put something and maybe get so help, but the last I asked for help mine never gets posted. Well I guess I will try again. I was wondering if anyone know a better airline to go with. I will be flying out of spokane and someone is going with me. Does anyone recommend a airline over the other. I would like to know and maybe it will get posted so I can book my flight.

Guest guest

I went on orbit.com or you can try expediaSent from my iPodOn Mar 19, 2010, at 4:03 PM, "Olga" <olgastark82@...> wrote:

I have tried to put something and maybe get so help, but the last I asked for help mine never gets posted. Well I guess I will try again. I was wondering if anyone know a better airline to go with. I will be flying out of spokane and someone is going with me. Does anyone recommend a airline over the other. I would like to know and maybe it will get posted so I can book my flight.

Guest guest

I booked my flights through www.cheaptickets.com and flew with Frontier Airlines. It was a wonderful flight both ways. Hope this helps!

Chrysi

From: mas9116@...Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:12:14 -0700Subject: Re: Confused

I went on orbit.com or you can try expediaSent from my iPod

On Mar 19, 2010, at 4:03 PM, "Olga" <olgastark82 > wrote:

Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. Sign up now.

Guest guest

Yes, that seems to be true. Is there more to the question?

Liz

>

> Ralph is a lawyer in NJ who helps Dr Rima Laibow, she is down in Panama

> Dr Louis Vastola

>

Guest guest

Yes, that seems to be true. Is there more to the question?

Liz

>

> Ralph is a lawyer in NJ who helps Dr Rima Laibow, she is down in Panama

> Dr Louis Vastola

>