RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Birth Control

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you SuSie with a S... Haven't wanted to be away.. A lot of different things have kept me from Posting like I want..Husband, Grand children, Doctor Appointments.. the list can go on for ever.. Lets just say I have been busy.. Kathy B

-- Re: Birth control

My grandmother had 15 kids that lived (one died in infancy). She was 46 and 6 months pregnant when she died, crippled with arthritis. My grandfather died only a few years after her & the second oldest daughter raised the ones still at home.

I used to date a guy in Montreal who had 23 brothers & sisters, a couple sets of twins & a good Catholic family. He was the oldest - 25 - his mother was just 41 & pregnant when we broke up. Now that's insane!

SuZieKathy brunow <kathy-boo@...> wrote:

Yeah but think about having 13 childern!!! My grand mother had her last when she was 45 years old..Kathy

Guest guest

It doesn't really matter where we got this, the fact is we've all got it or love someone who does. I caught it shooting drugs. The only way that matters is I couldn't collect on the gov't payout for people who got it from blood transfusions. If I could have proved I got it from a transfusion I could have collected $25,000 to $100,000 - too bad I've never had one. SuZiedanne <dannegrl2003@...> wrote:

Im not sure when I got mine either. I had oral surgery in 78 and then skin grafing in 84. I have had it quite a while is the only thing we really know.

d"cabin_97@..." <cabin_97@...> wrote:

My neighbor who is 85 now was an only child. When her future husband, , took her home to meet his family there were 17 brother's and sister's running around. She told that if they got married she didn't want to have that many kid's. And she didn't - she had 19.

Nope, they don't make families like that anymore. Thank you God!!!

I got my hep c from blood transfusion's when my 3rd son was born in '73 or my hysterectomy in '79. I'll never know for sure. Had my daughter in '77 and I sure thank God for her.

Glad you're back Kathy B. I've sure missed you.

SuSie

My grandmother had 15 kids that lived (one died in infancy). She was 46 and 6 months pregnant when she died, crippled with arthritis. My grandfather died only a few years after her & the second oldest daughter raised the ones still at home.

I used to date a guy in Montreal who had 23 brothers & sisters, a couple sets of twins & a good Catholic family. He was the oldest - 25 - his mother was just 41 & pregnant when we broke up. Now that's insane!

Yeah but think about having 13 childern!!! My grand mother had her last when she was 45 years old..Kathy

dannella

Start your day with - make it your home page

Next time I'm coming back as a cat

Guest guest

Yeah I read a article about the mass pay off Canada did.. Amazing.. I got mine from drugs too .. I have been clean now for over 30 years..I am also I licensed Medication technician.. Hard to believe huh,,

Guest guest

wow suzie poor thing. I could have got it from shooting drugs except that was not within the time frame.. I have cirrhosis stage 3?? The drugs were 95 to 99. And in 96 I had elevated liver enzymes.. My dr didnt investgate to find out why. Even managed to have my gallbladder removed and never found out about the hep til 2002!!!

dsuzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote:

It doesn't really matter where we got this, the fact is we've all got it or love someone who does. I caught it shooting drugs. The only way that matters is I couldn't collect on the gov't payout for people who got it from blood transfusions. If I could have proved I got it from a transfusion I could have collected $25,000 to $100,000 - too bad I've never had one. SuZiedanne <dannegrl2003@...> wrote:

Im not sure when I got mine either. I had oral surgery in 78 and then skin grafing in 84. I have had it quite a while is the only thing we really know.

My neighbor who is 85 now was an only child. When her future husband, , took her home to meet his family there were 17 brother's and sister's running around. She told that if they got married she didn't want to have that many kid's. And she didn't - she had 19.

I got my hep c from blood transfusion's when my 3rd son was born in '73 or my hysterectomy in '79. I'll never know for sure. Had my daughter in '77 and I sure thank God for her.

SuSie

dannella

dannella __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I can pin point almost exactly when I got it.. The the fall of 1974 around Oct!! I was hospitalized for what I was told was infectious hepatitis. Kathy

Guest guest

I know I've had it since '69 or '70. I was dxd with what they used to call "serum hepatitis" back then , transmitted by blood to blood contact & there were a bunch of us going around yellow at the time ( I even made a sign for my door that said I am yellow, curious? I don't know if you're old enough to remember a Swedish movie called I am Curious Yellow that was big news back in the day) Anyways, I had to ask my doc to run a hep panel so I'd know if there was anything wrong. He did & it came back positive for hep a & c,then we did a liver function test & it came back elevated & that was that - off to the Gastro. That was in '91 or '92. I have cirrhosis too.

SuZiedanne <dannegrl2003@...> wrote:

wow suzie poor thing. I could have got it from shooting drugs except that was not within the time frame.. I have cirrhosis stage 3?? The drugs were 95 to 99. And in 96 I had elevated liver enzymes.. My dr didnt investgate to find out why. Even managed to have my gallbladder removed and never found out about the hep til 2002!!!

SuSie

dannella

dannella

Guest guest

From

what I’ve read, many of those people haven’t collected either and

the gov’t is trying to ‘splain to the people where there money

went. True?

De

Re:

Birth control

It doesn't really matter where we got this, the fact

is we've all got it or love someone who does. I caught it shooting drugs. The

only way that matters is I couldn't collect on the gov't payout for people who

got it from blood transfusions. If I could have proved I got it from a

transfusion I could have collected $25,000 to $100,000 - too bad I've never had

one. SuZie

Guest guest

De, go figure. Connie Motley <dmotley@...> wrote:

From what I’ve read, many of those people haven’t collected either and the gov’t is trying to ‘splain to the people where there money went. True?

De

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of suzieSent: Monday, August 01, 2005

10:49 PMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: Birth control

It doesn't really matter where we got this, the fact is we've all got it or love someone who does. I caught it shooting drugs. The only way that matters is I couldn't collect on the gov't payout for people who got it from blood transfusions. If I could have proved I got it from a transfusion I could have collected $25,000 to $100,000 - too bad I've never had one. SuZie

The light at the end of the tunnel may be you

Guest guest

De, go figure. Connie Motley <dmotley@...> wrote:

From what I’ve read, many of those people haven’t collected either and the gov’t is trying to ‘splain to the people where there money went. True?

De

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of suzieSent: Monday, August 01, 2005

It doesn't really matter where we got this, the fact is we've all got it or love someone who does. I caught it shooting drugs. The only way that matters is I couldn't collect on the gov't payout for people who got it from blood transfusions. If I could have proved I got it from a transfusion I could have collected $25,000 to $100,000 - too bad I've never had one. SuZie

The light at the end of the tunnel may be you

Guest guest

April this has been a "hot topic" for quite a long time.. Will the USA ever own up to it's turning a blind eye..And it has!!!Or will it be like so many things left buried only to surface at a later time in our future..Like what happened in Mississippi to those men who had syphilis in the 40s and 50s?..They were given a placebo instead of medicine..And then studied to see how the Syphilis would effect them over a long period of time.. Amazing huh!!! It took the families of these men years to get closure for their pain and suffering.. But it was so hidden from the public.. Kathy B.

Wow I need to move to Canada , But I didn't get itfrom Canada so I don't think it would count , But Idid get min in 1977 while I was getting my firsttransplant , man US should own up , oh well , somedayI'll find my Lottery ticket LOL April --- suzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote:> It doesn't really matter where we got this, the> fact is we've all got it or love someone who does. I> caught it shooting drugs. The only way that matters> is I couldn't collect on the gov't payout for people> who got it from blood transfusions. If I could have> proved I got it from a transfusion I could have> collected $25,000 to $100,000 - too bad I've never> had one. SuZie> >

Guest guest

I used to shoot drugs too - what a nightmare - its like why in the heck would I actually pay money to feel like crap all the time lol. suzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote:

I know I've had it since '69 or '70. I was dxd with what they used to call "serum hepatitis" back then , transmitted by blood to blood contact & there were a bunch of us going around yellow at the time ( I even made a sign for my door that said I am yellow, curious? I don't know if you're old enough to remember a Swedish movie called I am Curious Yellow that was big news back in the day) Anyways, I had to ask my doc to run a hep panel so I'd know if there was anything wrong. He did & it came back positive for hep a & c,then we did a liver function test & it came back elevated & that was that - off to the Gastro. That was in '91 or '92. I have cirrhosis too.

SuZiedanne <dannegrl2003@...> wrote:

SuSie

dannella

dannella

Guest guest

I din't think so. From what I've heard & read the fund has more money than they need - lots more.

SuZie Motley <dmotley@...> wrote:

De

Guest guest

I got mine for 25,000 but that didn't even cover one years salary and I had to quit work in 92 because I was so sick.The government is debating about giving the pre 85 more money but I won't hold my breath waiting.

Gail

http://deveauxkennels.tk

mailto:gaila@...

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of MotleySent: August 2, 2005 7:40 AMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: RE: Birth control

De

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of suzieSent: Monday, August 01, 2005 10:49 PMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Re: Birth control

Guest guest

jen the only time I felt like shit S*%t was when I didn't have drugs.. Kathy

Guest guest

The key to not feeling like crap is don't do it for more than 3-4 days at a time.

Allan with 2 L's nothing beats a good speedball

Re: Birth control

Guest guest

LMAO - I haven't done anything in 9 years, but towards the end, I always felt like crap - I was doing speed, coke, heroin an danything else that I could get into a syringe - I had right around a 900 dollar a day habitAllan W Anger Jr <allananger@...> wrote:

The key to not feeling like crap is don't do it for more than 3-4 days at a time.

Guest guest

or not at all lol

d

Allan W Anger Jr <allananger@...> wrote:

dannella

Guest guest

They say that addicts are the hardest working people in the world.

Never was an addict and never will be but I do have my "tastes" and indulge myself every so often. At this point it doesn't matter but I hold to my rule of 3-4 days. Detox sucks BIGTIME. Although it does run neck and neck with a massive hangover for first of the worst.

Allan with 2 L's the one your Mother warned you about

Guest guest

Substitution my dear - I am a mom-aholic and a work-aholic lol and love it!Allan W Anger Jr <allananger@...> wrote:

They say that addicts are the hardest working people in the world.

Never was an addict and never will be but I do have my "tastes" and indulge myself every so often. At this point it doesn't matter but I hold to my rule of 3-4 days. Detox sucks BIGTIME. Although it does run neck and neck with a massive hangover for first of the worst.

Allan with 2 L's the one your Mother warned you about

Guest guest

In a message dated 7/20/2007 10:29:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

nekrosys@... writes:

I just decided to take a break from birth control and take my

chances. I honestly wouldn't mind having another kid at this point,

especially because fiberoptic intubation has come such a long way in

the past decade. I didn't have to be intubated while awake at all

during my gallbladder surgery last year. Anyway, I'm feeling a bit

better now that the hormones in my system are balancing out.

!!!!!! I can't even believe you. =) LOL! Honestly, the baby bug has been

biting our asses hard lately, too. =P

Amy

Wife to Will 11/3/95

Mama to Olivia Isabelle 9/18/03

&

Phineas Maximilian 11/30/05

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at

http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

Guest guest

I have always used condoms, even after I got married. We used them with no

problems

whatsoever for years, until we made the final decision to stop growing our

family (we have

one child), at which point got fixed.

:)

>

> To all my fabulous ladies out there, I was hoping we could discuss

> different methods of birth control you have used and which you

> find/found better than others and why.

>

> After going through a very long list of concerns with each birth

> control method with my doctor today, we opted to try the

> OrthoTriCyclen-LO. I'm quite nervous about blood clotting and

> depression side effects. My dr. told me that the low hormone dose in

> this Rx may not cause me to notice any changes in mood, and that blood

> clotting is not a concern since I am young and a non-smoker. Do any of

> you have experience with this particular prescription or a different

> form of " the pill " you can share here (or privately)?

>

> Also, I was very interested in the 5-year non-copper IUD. This was

> also my doctor's first recommendation for me, however I wanted

> something now and something not so permanent. This is an option I'm

> interested in taking somewhere down the road, perhaps in a few months

> or a year or so. One of my friends had an IUD inserted last winter and

> beside the typical issues my dr. told me (painful procedure to insert,

> heavy menstrual cycles, and very painful periods for the first 3-6

> months), my friend is really happy with her choice now that it has

> regulated itself and her cycles are normal. The only concern with an

> IUD my dr mentioned was that I am quite young and Joe and I have yet

> to decide if or when we want to have children - so it would be quite

> invasive to choose this if we do want to try to get pregnant within

> the next five years. Although it's reversible, again it's invasive and

> painful to place the object in/out of the cervix. (Joe and I both

> agreed to hold off on this option for this reason. We both are not

> looking to get pregnant within the next 2-3 years, but we're undecided

> after this point.)

>

> With both those options and the others I've spoken with my doctor

> about, I'm concerned with the presence of additional hormones or other

> side effects/issues I may be over looking for someone with SMA. I

> definitely do NOT want a birth control method whereby I would not have

> a period at all. I want the reassurance of not being pregnant, as well

> it is my personal opinion that it is healthier to have a period on a

> regular basis. However, any and all methods and experiences would be

> great to share.

>

> <3Kendra

>

Guest guest

Up until about a month ago, I had been on Depo shots or almost *10

years*! Way, way too long in my opinion. At first it was nice not

having a period, but then I began to feel maybe it wasn't so healthy

after all. It definitely adversely affected my mood and I think it

hasn't helped with my never ending quest to lose weight. I've not

had any blood clots though.

My cousin is on the OrthoTriCyclen-LO now, also after being on Depo.

She likes it much better.

So I guess my advice is: avoid the depo shot

On Jul 20, 2007, at 2:15 AM, Kendra wrote:

> To all my fabulous ladies out there, I was hoping we could discuss

> different methods of birth control you have used and which you

> find/found better than others and why

Jenn Malatesta

nekrosys@...

nekrosys.net

Guest guest

Kendra,

When I first went on birth control, I -tried- the DEPOPROVERA shot and it was

totally horrible for me. Instead of it stopping my periods or making them

lighter, I had blood every day for a whole year. I don't know if I wasn't

absobing it correctly because of my muscle tone or what the problem was. After

that, my doctor put me on a pill called Mircette and I didn't have any issues

with it at all. It made me very regular and it made my periods lighter (my

normal period was extremely heavy with horrible cramps). Once my husband and I

decided to try for a baby, I went off the pill and I got pregnant a month later.

Six weeks after I had my daughter, I went back on Mircette and again, have had

no issues with it. My husband has had a vasectomy because we do not want any

more children and it was safer for him to have surgery then for me to. However,

I intend to stay on the pill to keep my periods regulated and to have lighter

periods.

One of my friends had an IUD and I'd caution against it if you want to have

children in the future based on her experience. She had it in for the

recommended time and, when it was time to come out, there was so much scar

tissue that they were unsure if she would have trouble getting pregnant or not.

Granted, this was several years ago but I'd still be cautious.

Take care!

Milinovich, SMA Type I

Wife to , Mommy to - 15 Weeks Old!

http://www.myspace.com/kindrana

Birth Control

To all my fabulous ladies out there, I was hoping we could discuss

different methods of birth control you have used and which you

find/found better than others and why.

After going through a very long list of concerns with each birth

control method with my doctor today, we opted to try the

OrthoTriCyclen- LO. I'm quite nervous about blood clotting and

depression side effects. My dr. told me that the low hormone dose in

this Rx may not cause me to notice any changes in mood, and that blood

clotting is not a concern since I am young and a non-smoker. Do any of

you have experience with this particular prescription or a different

form of " the pill " you can share here (or privately)?

Also, I was very interested in the 5-year non-copper IUD. This was

also my doctor's first recommendation for me, however I wanted

something now and something not so permanent. This is an option I'm

interested in taking somewhere down the road, perhaps in a few months

or a year or so. One of my friends had an IUD inserted last winter and

beside the typical issues my dr. told me (painful procedure to insert,

heavy menstrual cycles, and very painful periods for the first 3-6

months), my friend is really happy with her choice now that it has

regulated itself and her cycles are normal. The only concern with an

IUD my dr mentioned was that I am quite young and Joe and I have yet

to decide if or when we want to have children - so it would be quite

invasive to choose this if we do want to try to get pregnant within

the next five years. Although it's reversible, again it's invasive and

painful to place the object in/out of the cervix. (Joe and I both

agreed to hold off on this option for this reason. We both are not

looking to get pregnant within the next 2-3 years, but we're undecided

after this point.)

With both those options and the others I've spoken with my doctor

about, I'm concerned with the presence of additional hormones or other

side effects/issues I may be over looking for someone with SMA. I

definitely do NOT want a birth control method whereby I would not have

a period at all. I want the reassurance of not being pregnant, as well

it is my personal opinion that it is healthier to have a period on a

regular basis. However, any and all methods and experiences would be

great to share.

<3Kendra

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search

that gives answers, not web links.

http://mobile./mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC

Guest guest

I've been taking Seasonale and so far, I've loved it. I don't think I've had

really any effects of any kind. Plus I love having my period only 4 times in a

year and they are very light. I don't know if gaining a little weight can be an

issue w/ this pill, because I have but I think that is more because of my

eating habits lately than anything else. It also helps clear up skin.

Kendra <kendranicole@...> wrote:

To all my fabulous ladies out there, I was hoping we could discuss

different methods of birth control you have used and which you

find/found better than others and why.

After going through a very long list of concerns with each birth

control method with my doctor today, we opted to try the

OrthoTriCyclen-LO. I'm quite nervous about blood clotting and

depression side effects. My dr. told me that the low hormone dose in

this Rx may not cause me to notice any changes in mood, and that blood

clotting is not a concern since I am young and a non-smoker. Do any of

you have experience with this particular prescription or a different

form of " the pill " you can share here (or privately)?

Also, I was very interested in the 5-year non-copper IUD. This was

also my doctor's first recommendation for me, however I wanted

something now and something not so permanent. This is an option I'm

interested in taking somewhere down the road, perhaps in a few months

or a year or so. One of my friends had an IUD inserted last winter and

beside the typical issues my dr. told me (painful procedure to insert,

heavy menstrual cycles, and very painful periods for the first 3-6

months), my friend is really happy with her choice now that it has

regulated itself and her cycles are normal. The only concern with an

IUD my dr mentioned was that I am quite young and Joe and I have yet

to decide if or when we want to have children - so it would be quite

invasive to choose this if we do want to try to get pregnant within

the next five years. Although it's reversible, again it's invasive and

painful to place the object in/out of the cervix. (Joe and I both

agreed to hold off on this option for this reason. We both are not

looking to get pregnant within the next 2-3 years, but we're undecided

after this point.)

With both those options and the others I've spoken with my doctor

about, I'm concerned with the presence of additional hormones or other

side effects/issues I may be over looking for someone with SMA. I

definitely do NOT want a birth control method whereby I would not have

a period at all. I want the reassurance of not being pregnant, as well

it is my personal opinion that it is healthier to have a period on a

regular basis. However, any and all methods and experiences would be

great to share.

<3Kendra

---------------------------------

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with

FareChase.

Guest guest

Ya'll are nutz. That's all I'm saying :P

Milinovich, SMA Type I

Wife to , Mommy to - 15 Weeks Old!

http://www.myspace.com/kindrana

Re: Birth Control

In a message dated 7/20/2007 10:29:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

nekrosyscinci (DOT) rr.com writes:

!!!!!! I can't even believe you. =) LOL! Honestly, the baby bug has been

biting our asses hard lately, too. =P

Amy

Wife to Will 11/3/95

Mama to Olivia Isabelle 9/18/03

&

Phineas Maximilian 11/30/05

************ ********* ********* ******** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at

http://discover. aol.com/memed/ aolcom30tour