Guest guest

Birth Control

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Has anyone heard of the yam pills or cream that has natural progesterone

(sp) ? My husband had a vasectomy but I am using the cream to control my

acne because it is completely a hormonal thing. I just started using it

yesterday and wondered if anyone else knew about it. I understand the

pills actually can be used as birth control.

Margaret White

Guest guest

Sorry guys - skip this post!

But, I started the Niva-ring about 8 months ago and I LOVE it. It helps to not

have to take yet ANOTHER pill amongst all the viamins and pills etc . . .

You put this little ring in for 21 days, then take it out for 7 days. Then you

put a new fresh 1 in for another 21 days. It is the exact thing as taking pills,

but it is slow released in your body instead of taking it orally. It is

wonderful! I have shorter lighter periods with it even!

: )

allison

Guest guest

I've heard that the pill is NOT a reliable form of birth control after the

MGB. I get a Depo shot every 3 months. I would suggest you contact one of

the nurses at Dr. R's office and not go by simply my opinion or the opinion

of others. I don't know anything about the birth control patch, but I wonder

what makes it different from the pill. Depo is different, most people I know

that's taken it once they stop taking it and try having a baby, it takes at

least a year to conceive. I've not asked any of the nurses at Dr. R's office

about Depo it's just a decision I made for myself. If you or your friend

talks to Dr. R's nurse about this, would you post what they said?

in OK

MGB 3/29/2001

303/145

In a message dated 12/04/2002 10:28:18 PM Central Standard Time,

ronkaren@... writes:

<<

Hi, My friend that had surgery the day after I did asked me today what

everyone is using for birth control. I told her I thought alot of people were

using the patch. But would put the question out for some other insights. She

does not get online. So if anyone could give me some information on what

works please let me know.

Thanks

Omaha -191 >>

Guest guest

Just a word of caution about the Depo shot. I took this many years ago

because of my weight between baby 1 and baby 2, because my Gyno. said I was

too heavy to safely take the pill. I did want to add that 2 mos. after I went

off the shots, I got pregnant. I think the wording is, it can take UP to 1

year to get pregnant again after going off the Depo. 10/16/02...

284/252

========Original Message========

Subj: Re:Birth Control

Date: 12-5-02 1:28:06 AM Eastern Standard Time

Reply-to: <A

HREF= " mailto: " > </A>

I've heard that the pill is NOT a reliable form of birth control after the

MGB. I get a Depo shot every 3 months. I would suggest you contact one of

the nurses at Dr. R's office and not go by simply my opinion or the opinion

of others. I don't know anything about the birth control patch, but I wonder

what makes it different from the pill. Depo is different, most people I know

that's taken it once they stop taking it and try having a baby, it takes at

least a year to conceive. I've not asked any of the nurses at Dr. R's office

about Depo it's just a decision I made for myself. If you or your friend

talks to Dr. R's nurse about this, would you post what they said?

in OK

MGB 3/29/2001

303/145

In a message dated 12/04/2002 10:28:18 PM Central Standard Time,

ronkaren@... writes:

<<

Hi, My friend that had surgery the day after I did asked me today what

everyone is using for birth control. I told her I thought alot of people were

using the patch. But would put the question out for some other insights. She

does not get online. So if anyone could give me some information on what

works please let me know.

Thanks

Omaha -191 >>

Guest guest

Ahhh. Thanks . Actually, it's always concerned me that it took so long

for people to become pregnant after going off the shot. I've known of several

people that it did take a minimum of a year to get pregnant after going off of

it. Sounds like you were one of the lucky one's.

Thanks again for the info.

in OK

In a message dated 12/5/2002 6:28:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,

sumrrainbo@... writes:

>Just a word of caution about the Depo shot. I took this many years ago

>because of my weight between baby 1 and baby 2, because my Gyno. said I was

>too heavy to safely take the pill. I did want to add that 2 mos. after I went

>off the shots, I got pregnant. I think the wording is, it can take UP to 1

>year to get pregnant again after going off the Depo.   10/16/02...

>284/252

>

>========Original Message========

>Subj:   Re:Birth Control  

>Date:   12-5-02 1:28:06 AM Eastern Standard Time    

>From:    DaddysDolly0928@...

>Reply-to: <A

HREF= " mailto: " > </A>

> 

>    

>    

>

>

>I've heard that the pill is NOT a reliable form of birth control after the

>MGB.  I get a Depo shot every 3 months.  I would suggest you contact one of

>the nurses at Dr. R's office and not go by simply my opinion or the opinion

>of others.  I don't know anything about the birth control patch, but I wonder

>what makes it different from the pill.  Depo is different, most people I know

>that's taken it once they stop taking it and try having a baby, it takes at

>least a year to conceive.  I've not asked any of the nurses at Dr. R's office

>about Depo it's just a decision I made for myself.  If you or your friend

>talks to Dr. R's nurse about this, would you post what they said?

>

> in OK

>MGB 3/29/2001

>303/145

>

>In a message dated 12/04/2002 10:28:18 PM Central Standard Time,

>ronkaren@... writes:

>

><<

>Hi, My friend that had surgery the day after I did asked me today what

>everyone is using for birth control. I told her I thought alot of people were

>using the patch. But would put the question out for some other insights. She

>does not get online.  So if anyone could give me some information on what

>works please let me know.

>

>Thanks

>

>Omaha -191 >>

>

>

Guest guest

Hormonal Birth Control is not a reliable form of contraception for at

least 2 years after the MGB or any gastric bypass surgery. When you have

stabilized at a weight for at least 6months to a year without going up

or down, you may consider hormonal birth control...pill, patch,

injection. Until then it is abstinence, condoms and/or spermicide.

I hope this helps all of you out there who are struggling with this

question.

Dana Thorneburg, RN, MSN, FNP

Executive Director

CLOS-High Point

704-871-0031 office

704-682-0133 cell

dt@...

Birth Control

What method of birth control are you all using? I was taking a

deprovera

(sp?) injection every 3 months, however I've gained some weight and my

doctor

feels like it's a result of the injection. I guess people normally do

gain

weight with the depo shot. I have a cousin that was skin and bones and

once she

started it, she gained 40 pounds. In any event, my doctor took my off

the depo

and put me on birth control pills. I know I've saw posts that this is

what

some are using, but I also know that it's been said it's not a reliable

form of

birth control after the MGB, too. My doctor knows I had a gastric

bypass and

still thought this would prevent pregnancy for me. I emailed Dana at

Dr. R's

office and she's not responded yet, so I wanted to get input from you

all.

, any insight here? I have a son that just turned a year old and

where

I'd like another baby someday, I don't want one another one now. I

wonder if

the years post op has anything to do with the prevention of pregnancy.

What I

mean is, after 2 years it SEEMS that your body adjusts somewhat to the

bypass

in the sense that some do gain weight after the 2 year mark. So I

wonder if

that means the absorption is a little better after a certain period than

in the

very beginning.

Thanks to anyone who has input for me.

in OK

MGB 3/29/2001

303/160 (goal was 150 and I got there, but now.... )

Tummy Tuck 12/16/2002

Guest guest

We don't have a lot of money, and I can understand what you are saying. For me, it comes down to what I feel that God has convicted me to do, and what my religious convictions are. We don't do very well financially, but when dh retires and we leave california, we will be doing a whole lot better.

Kathy brunow <kathy-boo@...> wrote:

Ok birth control is a blessing and if god had wanted me to have 13 children like my grandmother Demarris he wouldn't have invented it..No but all kidding a side.. Not every one can afford a large family.. Which can be nice if you wanted them!! But when you are borderline poverty level.. Whoa it can get very interesting on how you stretch that dime.. Ok do I eat this week or do I pay the gas bill.. Let get creative here.. Let me give you recipes with lots of cabbage, potato's or soup beans..You know the fillers of life..I got a lovely recipe of my grand mothers evolving cabbage egg noodle and sour cream.. And second day pinto beans can be made into what I call fritters.. Just mix with corn meal and eggs and pan fry..Like my mom always said you just add more water to the soup pot eh!! Boo

Start your day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

Yeah but think about having 13 childern!!! My grand mother had her last when she was 45 years old..Kathy

-- Re: Birth control

We don't have a lot of money, and I can understand what you are saying. For me, it comes down to what I feel that God has convicted me to do, and what my religious convictions are. We don't do very well financially, but when dh retires and we leave california, we will be doing a whole lot better.

Ok birth control is a blessing and if god had wanted me to have 13 children like my grandmother Demarris he wouldn't have invented it..No but all kidding a side.. Not every one can afford a large family.. Which can be nice if you wanted them!! But when you are borderline poverty level.. Whoa it can get very interesting on how you stretch that dime.. Ok do I eat this week or do I pay the gas bill.. Let get creative here.. Let me give you recipes with lots of cabbage, potato's or soup beans..You know the fillers of life..I got a lovely recipe of my grand mothers evolving cabbage egg noodle and sour cream.. And second day pinto beans can be made into what I call fritters.. Just mix with corn meal and eggs and pan fry..Like my mom always said you just add more water to the soup pot eh!! Boo

Guest guest

Yeah but think about having 13 childern!!! My grand mother had her last when she was 45 years old..Kathy

Guest guest

*** Giggles wildly *** I would sew my legs together at the knees lol. NFP (natural family planning) if done correctly is more effective than the pill and so forth, isn't an abortifacient, and doesn't introduce all kinds of yucky hormones into your body!

Guest guest

You are all gonna think Im lying but Mitchs parents had 21 yes 21 children together.. he had 3 others before they got together... They had 3 sets of twins.. but 21 children.. can you imagine. Jokingly Mitch said he wanted to outdo them on kids... whoa not here. lol..

dKathy brunow <kathy-boo@...> wrote:

dannella __________________________________________________

Guest guest

yikes!danne <dannegrl2003@...> wrote:

You are all gonna think Im lying but Mitchs parents had 21 yes 21 children together.. he had 3 others before they got together... They had 3 sets of twins.. but 21 children.. can you imagine. Jokingly Mitch said he wanted to outdo them on kids... whoa not here. lol..

dannella

Guest guest

When I was at the age when I wanted a family.. It was called the rhythm method Jen.. And yes it is very effective.. I used it.. And only three children.. It was the only thing that didn't make me sick or cause pain.. They still call an IUD a IUD huh??? Couldn't take the pill.. That is way I went to Gyno to find out what different type of natural Hormone replacement therapy is out there...Hey earth mother type here..I also consider myself to be one of the luckiest women in the world.. I had three very healthy babies.. when I had Hepatitis C..Breast fed all three...Kathy B

Guest guest

I agree.. yikes!!!Jen Kornegay <diegowench@...> wrote:

dannella

Guest guest

I agree.. yikes!!!Jen Kornegay <diegowench@...> wrote:

dannella

Guest guest

AMEN to that! I breast fed my last baby post dx for almost a year. Hubby finally asked me to stop nursing because she had become the "attachment" I swear that child nursed 16 hours a day.... :) She will be 5 years old in November - gosh they just grow up so so fast. I was reading her a book the other night and just was so filled with love and tenderness - she is beginning to recognize words and is so curious and ach! I love children!Kathy brunow <kathy-boo@...> wrote:

When I was at the age when I wanted a family.. It was called the rhythm method Jen.. And yes it is very effective.. I used it.. And only three children.. It was the only thing that didn't make me sick or cause pain.. They still call an IUD a IUD huh??? Couldn't take the pill.. That is way I went to Gyno to find out what different type of natural Hormone replacement therapy is out there...Hey earth mother type here..I also consider myself to be one of the luckiest women in the world.. I had three very healthy babies.. when I had Hepatitis C..Breast fed all three...Kathy B

Guest guest

I

can’t even imagine!

Re:

Birth control

You are all gonna think Im lying but Mitchs

parents had 21 yes 21 children together.. he had 3 others before they got

together... They had 3 sets of twins.. but 21 children.. can you imagine.

Jokingly Mitch said he wanted to outdo them on kids... whoa not here. lol..

d

Guest guest

I

can’t even imagine!

Re:

Birth control

You are all gonna think Im lying but Mitchs

parents had 21 yes 21 children together.. he had 3 others before they got

together... They had 3 sets of twins.. but 21 children.. can you imagine.

Jokingly Mitch said he wanted to outdo them on kids... whoa not here. lol..

d

Guest guest

My grandmother had 15 kids that lived (one died in infancy). She was 46 and 6 months pregnant when she died, crippled with arthritis. My grandfather died only a few years after her & the second oldest daughter raised the ones still at home.

I used to date a guy in Montreal who had 23 brothers & sisters, a couple sets of twins & a good Catholic family. He was the oldest - 25 - his mother was just 41 & pregnant when we broke up. Now that's insane!

SuZieKathy brunow <kathy-boo@...> wrote:

Next time I'm coming back as a cat

Guest guest

My grandmother had 15 kids that lived (one died in infancy). She was 46 and 6 months pregnant when she died, crippled with arthritis. My grandfather died only a few years after her & the second oldest daughter raised the ones still at home.

I used to date a guy in Montreal who had 23 brothers & sisters, a couple sets of twins & a good Catholic family. He was the oldest - 25 - his mother was just 41 & pregnant when we broke up. Now that's insane!

Next time I'm coming back as a cat

Guest guest

Suzie Amazing ain't it.. Bruce's first wife was from Cumberland Kentucky..One of her neighbor had 22 kids all born at home.. Lived right down the street from Nellie's older sister. Martha Lee.When she had the last child. Ok I was told this one ok!! She gave birth to it, washed it, nursed it and but it to sleep in the crib.. Then went and finished cooking supper for the husband and older kids!!! There is no way on the face of God's green earth would I even consider having that many children..Heck there for a while I felt like daisy the milk cow.. With just the three..And My grandmother had the 13!! Lady who lived across the street from me when mine were babies had 6!! The only time she and the husband had any time alone was when they were at school.. Sex damn near was out of the question.. Poor girl.. I can still remember her name after 25 years..Kathy B..-- Re: [Hepatitis] Birth control

Guest guest

Suzie Amazing ain't it.. Bruce's first wife was from Cumberland Kentucky..One of her neighbor had 22 kids all born at home.. Lived right down the street from Nellie's older sister. Martha Lee.When she had the last child. Ok I was told this one ok!! She gave birth to it, washed it, nursed it and but it to sleep in the crib.. Then went and finished cooking supper for the husband and older kids!!! There is no way on the face of God's green earth would I even consider having that many children..Heck there for a while I felt like daisy the milk cow.. With just the three..And My grandmother had the 13!! Lady who lived across the street from me when mine were babies had 6!! The only time she and the husband had any time alone was when they were at school.. Sex damn near was out of the question.. Poor girl.. I can still remember her name after 25 years..Kathy B..-- Re: [Hepatitis] Birth control

Guest guest

My neighbor who is 85 now was an only child. When her future husband, , took her home to meet his family there were 17 brother's and sister's running around. She told that if they got married she didn't want to have that many kid's. And she didn't - she had 19.

Nope, they don't make families like that anymore. Thank you God!!!

I got my hep c from blood transfusion's when my 3rd son was born in '73 or my hysterectomy in '79. I'll never know for sure. Had my daughter in '77 and I sure thank God for her.

Glad you're back Kathy B. I've sure missed you.

SuSie

Guest guest

My neighbor who is 85 now was an only child. When her future husband, , took her home to meet his family there were 17 brother's and sister's running around. She told that if they got married she didn't want to have that many kid's. And she didn't - she had 19.

I got my hep c from blood transfusion's when my 3rd son was born in '73 or my hysterectomy in '79. I'll never know for sure. Had my daughter in '77 and I sure thank God for her.

SuSie

Guest guest

Im not sure when I got mine either. I had oral surgery in 78 and then skin grafing in 84. I have had it quite a while is the only thing we really know.

d"cabin_97@..." <cabin_97@...> wrote:

SuSie

dannella