RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

face masks and sexual transmission

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everybody

I gotta jump in here also with my 2 cents.

Face masks might help in the transmission of Flu's and colds during Treatment when the immune system is weak.

I say - might.

Sexual transmission of HCV is not ruled out because it is possible.

Here are some examples of when it may be possible -

1 - male has exterior open Herpes sores - female has her peroid, or interior open Herpes sores.

2 - male has blood in urine from urinary infection that mixes with semen - female has her peroid, or internal open Herpes sores.

3 - Male1 [or female] has hemorrhoids - male2 has exterior open Herpes sores.

NOTE: This is my opinion only, but HCV, HBV, and HIV copies have been found in body fluids such as tears, saliva, semen, blood, breast milk, urine, and other body fluids.

Not often - [thank God] - but there is clinical 'proof' of the existance of such.

Click this link:

http://health.dir./group/ /links/HCV_transmission_001253422845/

I am not a Medical Professional, or a Medical Scientist in any way.

I hold this opinion from research articles, and from talking with my doctors.

I do personally know of couples where one has HCV, and the other does not, and they use no protection.

My Case Manager is one such source - married 25+ years.

If I remember correctly - the percentage of sexual transmission of HCV is very small [-1%], HBV a bit higher, and HIV even higher.

I do know that many Medical Professionals vary in opinions on this subject, but the research is still very young yet.

It may be many years, or decades before the truth is known - 'for sure'.

I go by the idea - 'if I can imagine it, it may be likely. Protect myself' and others, just in case.

love

don in ks

From: schandler21@... <schandler21@...>Subject: [ ] Rod - TX and face masks Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 7:42 PM

Rod,Gotta jump in here and correct something...by the way, welcome!Tx is treatment, dx is diagnosis. I didn't see Betty's email, but the mask may be for your protection from airborne critters, with the HIV. Hep-C is transmitted by blood. I'd like to say 'period', but doctors keep insisting on including sex in there, although if you talk with a doctor or nurse in the know, the sex would have to be rough enough to include the transference of blood...ergo, HCV is transmitted by blood, period. Semen don't count, buddy.Don't take it personal, it's just that there's so much misinformation and stigma out there with both HIV and HCV, I had to get the record straight for you. Sounds like you're doing some good things with diet and lifestyle, we'll help you wherever we can.SteveLife is much more fun when thought of as a

scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party. Jimmy Buffett [ ] TX and face masks

Thanks, Betty, for that support. I keep seeing people write "tx", but don't know what it means. And you mentioned my wearing a mask around my bf. If HCV is spread by semen or blood, why would I need a mask to protect him?Thanks,Rod