RemedySpot.com

Greetings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You are not asking dumb questions, you are asking what we all ask... Tramadol didnt do squat for me..

I am on my feet all day and have to keep my wits about me so cant take anything more than Motrin during work hours... ice helps me too.. Am getting no real relief tho so am looking at surgery this spring ...am going to try the acupuncture first tho.

Night time I switch back and forth tween Vicodins and Percocets so I dont get tolerant or dependant one either..

Good Luck to you...I am not going to be back d/t the intolerance of Christianity and sarcastic manner some have.

Merry Christmas

EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me

Spinal Stenosis Treatment From: andrewwilson48@...Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:48:22 -0800Subject: greetings

Thanks so muct for responding to my dump questions. I have Spinal Stenosis. Been struggling for years with the pain. I am now taking Tramodol, but have been on other pain meds too. Chiropactic and other methods of healing the pain has failed. Pain Management Programs did a good job of keeping me informed of what to expect next and excercises. I am continuing with all the exercises. Still no relief. Now my doctor has finally subscribed Accupunture. Are you familar with Accupunture. Does it really work?

I really don't know who Fran Barron is. Just saw her name on the email she sent to me about the Christmas Tree. I imagine she got my email address from the Spinal Stenosis Group home page.

Are you with the Spinal Stenosis Group also ?

Again thanks;

From: wendy rex <trex1101hotmail>Spinal Stenosis Sent: Sun, December 6, 2009 10:33:12 AMSubject: RE: Fw: THIS IS A CHRISTMAS TREE...

I am Christian and I appreciate the beauty, and the message, if you dont like it...fine..send me a beautiful picture of a menorah..it will not offend me... I will appreciate the beauty and the thought behind the sending... it doesnt matter what name you chose to call God by, its just matters that you call him Hey Fran Barrone?? thats not Francine from upstate NY is it?? I had a dear friend by that name years ago...I would call that a miracle to find her again

EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me

Spinal Stenosis TreatmentFrom: jerflo13comcast (DOT) netDate: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:35:36 +0000Subject: Re: Fw: THIS IS A CHRISTMAS TREE...

I also agree with you. Fw: THIS IS A CHRISTMAS TREE...

This is a Christmas Tree .

" am not going to be back d/t the intolerance of Christianity and sarcastic manner some have.",I'm sorry that you feel the

way you do, but in the close to 4 years I have been a member of this group, I have never seen or experienced and intolerance of Christianity or any sarcastic manner from any member.It appears that you misconstrue "intolerance of Christianity" with respect for others.In all this time I have been here, there has never to my recolection, been a post with any kind of religious

undertones made until now.One must remember that this is a group made up of many, many individuals from various backgrounds and that members can join this group from all over the world.That means that there are members that are not Christian, that are Christian, and not religious at all.Intolerance is when you can't respect the diversity of a group and understand that not all would appreciate or want to receive posts that have religious symbols in them that are not of their religious beliefs.There was nothing sarcastic said in any responses to the FW, nor was their anything sarcastic in my post either.I am a member of quite a few groups and forums, including other health sites and you will find the same kind of response on most of those, that was posted here. Posts of a religious nature or have religious symbols in them are either not allowed and deleted or are posted in a section specific to that kind of post on the forum.Good luck with your spine issues and the impending surgery.By the way acupuncture can be helpful for some people in easing spine pain, but it doesn't work for everyone, just like any other type of conservative treatment.It is also not a cure for your problem, only a temporary

pain relief.There is also the risk of permanent nerve damage, the longer the nerves are compressed. The unfortunate problem is that no one can tell you what is too long to have the nerve compression before the nerves are permanently damaged. That is an individual thing.Fran

From: Margaret Subject: Fw: THIS IS A CHRISTMAS TREE..."d E" , nphinchaol (DOT) com, "grizelda" , Spinal Stenosis Treatment, "dianne"Date: Friday, December 4, 2009, 1:40 PM

-----

Subject: Fw: THIS IS A CHRISTMAS TREE...

i think with continual pain and suffering ones thoughts can become realy narrowed and assumptions can be made that are wrong so i sup this does show the senders state of mind as she assumed alot of people dont know the meaning of xmas i am not religous for the record and didnt find offence but could see the lady did assume our pain forum people are not aware of the meaning of xmas hence why she decided to enlighten us but loverly tree pics i did forward them on to family and friends

is it all over yet im not leaving over someones opinions lol thats interesting reading

Spinal Stenosis Treatment From: jerflo13@...Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 14:49:13 +0000Subject: RE: greetings

This is a site for a serious painful problem.The less nut jobs on this site the better!! Fw: THIS IS A CHRISTMAS TREE...

Meet singles at ninemsn dating Looking for a great date?

I'm sure I speak for others too, please don't

leave on account of this. Please stay.

Barb

At 08:24 PM 12/7/2009, you wrote:

>

>

>i think with continual pain and suffering ones

>thoughts can become realy narrowed and

>assumptions can be made that are wrong so i sup

>this does show the senders state of mind as she

>assumed alot of people dont know the meaning of

>xmas i am not religous for the record and didnt

>find offence but could see the lady did assume

>our pain forum people are not aware of the

>meaning of xmas hence why she decided to

>enlighten us but loverly tree pics i did

>forward them on to family and friends

>

>is it all over yet im not leaving over someones

>opinions lol thats interesting reading

>

>

>----------

>Spinal Stenosis Treatment

>From: jerflo13@...

>Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 14:49:13 +0000

>Subject: RE: greetings

>

>

>This is a site for a serious painful problem.The

>less nut jobs on this site the better!!

>

> Fw: THIS IS A CHRISTMAS TREE...

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>This

>

> is a Christmas Tree

>

>[]

>

> .

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>----------

>Meet singles at ninemsn dating

><http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/>Looking for a great date?

>

>

>No virus found in this incoming message.

>Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

>Version: 8.5.426 / Virus Database:

>270.14.98/2551 - Release Date: 12/07/09 19:34:00

• 7 months later...
Guest guest

NieeMa,

I did not send for a book but I did write you a letter--not long--but to

your private email and just wonder if you got it or missed it. I figured

you were just really busy but now I'm wondering if you even received it at

all. Thanks,

Diane

Guest guest

Diane, thanks for letting me know!

I will look today!

Sorry!

Subject: Re:Greetings

candidiasis

Date: Monday, July 12, 2010, 2:33 PM

NieeMa,

I did not send for a book but I did write you a letter--not long--but to

your private email and just wonder if you got it or missed it. I figured

you were just really busy but now I'm wondering if you even received it at

all. Thanks,

Diane

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hey Jennie,

It is late here and time to go to bed. I am thrilled that you are one of us now. I will write more tomorrow I promise you.

And I do remember you quite well. Your pictures inspired me sooooo much.

Suzanne

Sleeved 10/28/2008

225 120 125

Start Now Goal

Guest guest

IMHO, the thing you've got to remember most is that you are not banded anymore, you are sleeved. They do not work the same. There will not be the familiar restriction that you had before so you are going to have to learn the sleeve way. Once you start foods, measure, only eat 2-3 oz protein at a time. Follow the 3-2-1 plan. 3 bites protein, 2 bites veggie, 1 bite good carb. Repeat if you need to. (chances are you won't need to). Most of all chew chew chew till you can't help but swallow. Stop before you're full or you will get sick but that's ok because it will remind you to be more careful the next time you eat. Remember you are learning how to eat. Beware of dehydration and sip sip sip all.the.time! Journaling helps tons too in making sure you get your protein and watch your carbs. Start exercising as soon as you can and do it daily. It does make a huge difference.

Check out the OH forum, I get lots of support from there too.http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/~

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 12:52 AM, J Currie <giftedtch@...> wrote:

It has been AGES since I have posted or even read many messages on this board.  It was my lifeline when I was banded in Feb. 2006.  Not a day went by that I didn't respond to comments, often numerous times each day.  It was the greatest help to hear what other people were experiencing with their bands and compare similarities and differences we each shared.

As time passed, though, my life became so busy that I let my active participation slide to the point where it is now, which is totally non-participation. 

However, I am back.  I am back looking for the lifeline of those with gastric sleeves because I just had my conversion surgery this past Wednesday.  I must admit I didn't do as much research as I had done prior to banding but that is just because I trust Dr. Aceves so much that if he felt like it was the thing for me to do, then, I had no questions. 

So, suggestions?  Advice?  Wisdom?  Funny stories?  Horror stories?  I am ready to hear them all.

Peace,

Jenni Currie

Sleeve 7/28/10

Guest guest

Jenni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It is so good to hear from you!! I'm so excited you have gotten the revision!!! YEA YEA YEA!! You were my inspiration in Jan '07 when I was banded and I'm just so darn excited that you are continuing to take care of yourself and you got that band out of ya!! Did you have your band removed a while ago and now sleeved or did you do it all in one surgery? I look forward to the day I can revise, but I'm just not there yet financially. My husband sees more value in the plastic surgery now. HA HA HA Ok, we BOTH do. HA HA No really, a revision will come first, but how are you??? Did you have a lot of scar tissue because of all the problems you had??? How did surgery go??I guess you were coming on here for help, not be barraged

but I gotta know how you are. Where are you at with weight? Did you end up gaining with your band problems or did you stay super tight and not able to eat???Oh, it's just so good to "talk" to you again :) Hope you are feeling better since surgery! Cyrena DOBand:1/19/07240/139/150start/now/goalFrom: J Currie <giftedtch@...> Sent: Sun, August 1, 2010 11:52:04 PMSubject:

Greetings

It has been AGES since I have posted or even read many messages on this board. It was my lifeline when I was banded in Feb. 2006. Not a day went by that I didn't respond to comments, often numerous times each day. It was the greatest help to hear what other people were experiencing with their bands and compare similarities and differences we each shared.

As time passed, though, my life became so busy that I let my active participation slide to the point where it is now, which is totally non-participation.

However, I am back. I am back looking for the lifeline of those with gastric sleeves because I just had my conversion surgery this past Wednesday. I must admit I didn't do as much research as I had done prior to banding but that is just because I trust Dr. Aceves so much that if he felt like it was the thing for me to do, then, I had no questions.

So, suggestions? Advice? Wisdom? Funny stories? Horror stories? I am ready to hear them all.

Peace,

Jenni Currie

Sleeve 7/28/10

Guest guest

Jenni,

First welcome back and congrats on your surgery. I never had a band due to no insurance coverage and finally paid for my own sleeve last May. For me the first month was the hardest, I have had a few episodes of worry and learning to eat slow. I have eaten one to many bites and made myself sick. lol I'm learning to listen to my stomach and not my head. Its been a blessing I feel better, clothes fitting better, my confidence and self esteem are growing everyday. I go this month for a three month check up and am excited to see if I can get off some meds. I'm new to this too but think I have been doing pretty good. Good luck,

214/178/130

dos/now/goal

From: J Currie <giftedtch@...> Sent: Mon, August 2, 2010 12:52:04 AMSubject: Greetings

It has been AGES since I have posted or even read many messages on this board. It was my lifeline when I was banded in Feb. 2006. Not a day went by that I didn't respond to comments, often numerous times each day. It was the greatest help to hear what other people were experiencing with their bands and compare similarities and differences we each shared.

However, I am back. I am back looking for the lifeline of those with gastric sleeves because I just had my conversion surgery this past Wednesday. I must admit I didn't do as much research as I had done prior to banding but that is just because I trust Dr. Aceves so much that if he felt like it was the thing for me to do, then, I had no questions.

So, suggestions? Advice? Wisdom? Funny stories? Horror stories? I am ready to hear them all.

Peace,

Jenni Currie

Sleeve 7/28/10

Guest guest

Hi Jennie,

Welcome to the world of being sleeved. I am sure that you will love the sleeve. You will never have the medical issues that you had with your band.

You will find the sleeve much easier when it comes to eating after the first month. The first month is just boring because of the clear and creamy liquids--but I am sure you had a lot of that with the band. And then the mushy food. I think for me I enjoyed the creamy liquids so much because I was really getting tired of the clear liquids. You should know that we all deal with head tricks when it comes to weight loss. Sometimes our heads try to tell us one thing, when we know really we don't need or want to eat. You will love the fact that you really never feel hungry, but sometimes you have to determine if it is just your head telling you to eat.

I found the all natural fruit no sugar added Popcycles really helped me a lot when I first had the sleeve surgery and my new small stomach felt a little upset. I think it was the cold of the Popcycles. Remember your new stomach is swollen and only about as big as your thumb so for awhile you will not be able to hold much food. Water is something that you are going to be sipping all day long. As time goes on that gets better, but you will never be able to guzzle a bottle of water again. It will be worth it just to feel good and healthy again. I did have some issues when it came to sleeping, but that also got better as time went on.

You probably already have your own favorite protein drink. I think the best advice I can give you is when you start eating really food take tiny baby bites and chew it until it is almost like a liquid in your mouth and then swallow it. Try to get 2 oz of protein in at lunch and dinner. I just have a protein drink for breakfast and that works great for me. Sometimes at first you just can't get a lot of food in but do the best you can. I always have protein, some fresh veggies fixed like you like them, and a small amount of fresh fruit.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. I am so happy that you finally converted to a sleeve from a band. I am sure you are going to feel good and you will never experience the problems that you had with your band.

Suzanne

Sleeved 10/28/2008

225 120 125

Start Now Goal

Guest guest

Hello all,In the last few days I have read your posts with enthusiasm. I have been researching the band and to be honest I'm now torn between the band and the sleeve. I have 2 doctors to choose from, Dr Zapata and Dr Aceves that you all speak highly off. I would love to hear some pros and cons of the lap band and the sleeve. Congrats to you all on such amazing commitment. Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Hi,

First let me say congratulation to you for even considering having Weight Loss Surgery. This is a BIG step to take. What I am about to say are only my opinions from my experience with weight loss surgery and Dr. Aceves.

I would NOT have a lapband. They seem to be too many problems with them down the road and so many people have had a lot of medical issues and unable to eat only liquids. You have to pay to have them filled and unfilled after your initial surgery and that cost between $200 and $300 EACH time. They can slip and cause problems. And so many people end of having them removed and then convert over to the sleeve. You want something that is going to be permanent and the sleeve is permanent. Too many people even on this board have had a lot of medical problems with a lapband. Some have not, but why run the risk and end up having to pay more to have it converted over to a sleeve. Just have the sleeve to start with.

The sleeve cost more initially, but it is worth it. In the end you spend more for the lapband because of the constant cost of the maintenance for the fills and un-fills. So for me it was very clear to have the sleeve weight loss surgery. Once it is done life really is great. I will be honest and tell you that the first month is the hardest, but that is all the relearning you have to do and the first month is just boring because you do 10 days of clear liquids, 10 days of creamy liquids and 10 days of mushy foods. This give your new smaller stomach a chance to heal. And you can do anything for 30 days. This board is very good and helpful and there are a lot of supportive people on here to ask questions too.

Dr. Aceves is fabulous and wonderful. He is the best there is and so why go any place else? If you want the "gold standard" in a weight loss surgeon, then I would say Dr. Aceves. His hospital is a full complete private hospital with all the latest equipment. Some doctors say they have a clinic--there is a big difference between a clinic and a hospital. You will notice that they are always cleaning at Almater Hospital and the staff are so caring. Every need that you would have will be taken care of by an expert team of doctors and nurses.

I hope this is of some help.

I wish you nothing but success in your journey.

Suzanne

Sleeved 10/21/2008

225 120 125

Start Now Goal

Guest guest

SLEEVE, without a doubt.

>

> Hello all,

>

> In the last few days I have read your posts with enthusiasm. I have been

researching the band and to be honest I'm now torn between the band and the

sleeve. I have 2 doctors to choose from, Dr Zapata and Dr Aceves that you all

speak highly off. I would love to hear some pros and cons of the lap band and

the sleeve. Congrats to you all on such amazing commitment.

>

>

> Sent from my iPhone

>

Guest guest

I guess my comment is if you want the hassle of finding a fill/unfill doc go with the band--if your really serious about losing weight and keeping it off without maintenance costs and hassle go sleeveFrom: R <dc8freightdog@...>Subject: Re: Greetings" " < >Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 5:58 AM

Hello all,In the last few days I have read your posts with enthusiasm. I have been researching the band and to be honest I'm now torn between the band and the sleeve. I have 2 doctors to choose from, Dr Zapata and Dr Aceves that you all speak highly off. I would love to hear some pros and cons of the lap band and the sleeve. Congrats to you all on such amazing commitment. Sent from my iPhone

• 6 months later...

Mr. CLYDE D'SOUZA, and face book,

Ir is the way to change  U life way to bring  u self heatiest  among the people.

Regards,

Ramesh Kushwaha

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Kumar Devnani <kumardevnani@...> wrote:

My dear Friends,

This is really very beautiful.Also very true!

13 Things about You

1. Someone in this world Loves you , in some way.

2. A smile from you, can bring happiness to anyone, even if they  

don't like you.

3. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to

sleep.

4. You mean the world to someone.

5. Without you , someone may not be living.

6. You are special and unique , in your own way.

7. Someone that you don't know even exists , loves you.

8. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes

from it.

9. When you think the world has turned it's back on you, take a

look, you most likely turned your back on the world.

10. When you think you have no chance at getting what you want,

you probably won't get it, but if you believe in yourself,

you probably sooner or later will get it.

11. Always remember complements you received, forget about the

rude remarks.

12. Always tell someone how you feel about them, you will feel

much better when t! hey know.

13. If you have a great friend, take the time to let them know

that they are great. If you choose, send this letter to as   many people as you care about,  you'll brighten up someone's

day, and might change their perspective on life, for the better!

Don't be flakey. Get for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.

-- P. Jimmy Sebastian MSFSSt. , Grolandstr 7190408 NürnbergGermanyT   0049 - 911 36680220M  0049 - 1605162562

-- CLYDE D'SOUZA

• 1 month later...