Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Kathy,

I'm curious. I hope you don't mind. If you are so bad off that you

think you'll soon need a scooter, what is your reason for not

considering surgery?

Bonnie

Guest guest

I'm glad I came across this post. I live in Ohio, and recently contacted Dr.

Aceves about getting a Lap-Band done. If I can't find a doctor to do my fills

here, then maybe I should just pass on going to Mexico for surgery unless anyone

else here has a recommendation on local doctors. I can't make frequent trips to

Mexico, either.

>

> Hi all, been a long time since i posted. i had my band put in back feb 3rd

> my health is great.. i feel pretty good. still glad i have my band. ive lost

about 90 pounds total. im pretty much stuck here at 205-207

> i need to get another fill. Its been a long time since i had my last one. my

problem is cant afford to go to mexico, and when i call places here in the

states and they hear that i had it done in mexico they refuse to touch me....

> one place near my home wants surgery notes etc..... so i couldnt even just lie

about where i had it done. also, dont think i have those notes anymore.

> anyone know of someplace in michigan/ohio that will fill dr A's bands?

>

> where are all the people from back in 2007?????

> dawn marshall

>

Guest guest

The only advice forget the band and get the sleeve...130 lbs down in just 10 months and Dr Aceves it the best!!

From: nerdykala <kalars88@...> Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:22:00 AMSubject: Re: just checking in

I'm glad I came across this post. I live in Ohio, and recently contacted Dr. Aceves about getting a Lap-Band done. If I can't find a doctor to do my fills here, then maybe I should just pass on going to Mexico for surgery unless anyone else here has a recommendation on local doctors. I can't make frequent trips to Mexico, either.>> Hi all, been a long time since i posted. i had my band put in back feb 3rd 2007.> my health is great.. i feel pretty good. still glad i have my band. ive lost about 90 pounds total. im pretty much stuck here at 205-207> i need to get another fill. Its been a long time since i had my last one. my problem is cant afford to go to mexico, and when i call places here in

the states and they hear that i had it done in mexico they refuse to touch me....> one place near my home wants surgery notes etc..... so i couldnt even just lie about where i had it done. also, dont think i have those notes anymore.> anyone know of someplace in michigan/ohio that will fill dr A's bands?> > where are all the people from back in 2007?????> dawn marshall>

Guest guest

So true! The gastric sleeve is the way to go!From: Debert <movie_mommy@...>" " < >Sent: Mon, July 18, 2011 3:23:48 PMSubject: Re: Re: just checking in

The only advice forget the band and get the sleeve...130 lbs down in just 10 months and Dr Aceves it the best!!

From: nerdykala <kalars88@...> Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:22:00 AMSubject: Re: just checking in

I'm glad I came across this post. I live in Ohio, and recently contacted Dr. Aceves about getting a Lap-Band done. If I can't find a doctor to do my fills here, then maybe I should just pass on going to Mexico for surgery unless anyone else here has a recommendation on local doctors. I can't make frequent trips to Mexico, either.>> Hi all, been a long time since i posted. i had my band put in back feb 3rd 2007.> my health is great.. i feel pretty good. still glad i have my band. ive lost about 90 pounds total. im pretty much stuck here at 205-207> i need to get another fill. Its been a long time since i had my last one. my problem is cant afford to go to mexico, and when i call places here in

the states and they hear that i had it done in mexico they refuse to touch me....> one place near my home wants surgery notes etc..... so i couldnt even just lie about where i had it done. also, dont think i have those notes anymore.> anyone know of someplace in michigan/ohio that will fill dr A's bands?> > where are all the people from back in 2007?????> dawn marshall>

Guest guest

Bands don't last in ANYONE long term.  The sleeve is safer long term and far better for weight loss.  If you want short term weight loss and expensive long term, go for the band. If you want long term weight loss and safer long term, the sleeve is the way to go.  Don't let 'less invasive' sway you, it's all advertising and gimmicks.

Get the safest surgery long term and more effective.  If you are a 30BMI or greater, you are already obese.  Don't put a band aid on a gun shot wound.  Don't bury your head in the sand.  Get the safest surgery long term.  The sleeve. Don't make frequent trips to ANY surgeon.  Get the sleeve and leave your surgeon forever.

band to sleeve revision 3 years ago.On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Willis <pajowi46@...> wrote:

So true! The gastric sleeve is the way to go!

" " < >

Sent: Mon, July 18, 2011 3:23:48 PMSubject: Re: Re: just checking in

Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:22:00 AM

Subject: Re: just checking in

I'm glad I came across this post. I live in Ohio, and recently contacted Dr. Aceves about getting a Lap-Band done. If I can't find a doctor to do my fills here, then maybe I should just pass on going to Mexico for surgery unless anyone else here has a recommendation on local doctors. I can't make frequent trips to Mexico, either.

>> Hi all, been a long time since i posted. i had my band put in back feb 3rd 2007.

> my health is great.. i feel pretty good. still glad i have my band. ive lost about 90 pounds total. im pretty much stuck here at 205-207> i need to get another fill. Its been a long time since i had my last one. my problem is cant afford to go to mexico, and when i call places here in

the states and they hear that i had it done in mexico they refuse to touch me....> one place near my home wants surgery notes etc..... so i couldnt even just lie about where i had it done. also, dont think i have those notes anymore.

> anyone know of someplace in michigan/ohio that will fill dr A's bands?> > where are all the people from back in 2007?????> dawn marshall>

Guest guest

If you cannot make the trips for after care I would definitely recommend the sleeve over thr band. I can tell you that I had the band for 5 years and regretted every minute of it. I don't want to discourage you because it's your decision and some people are successful with the band. I just had a revision to the sleeve 4 weeks ago and I am doing great. Good luck to you!

From: kalars88@...Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 08:22:00 +0000Subject: Re: just checking in

I'm glad I came across this post. I live in Ohio, and recently contacted Dr. Aceves about getting a Lap-Band done. If I can't find a doctor to do my fills here, then maybe I should just pass on going to Mexico for surgery unless anyone else here has a recommendation on local doctors. I can't make frequent trips to Mexico, either.>> Hi all, been a long time since i posted. i had my band put in back feb 3rd 2007.> my health is great.. i feel pretty good. still glad i have my band. ive lost about 90 pounds total. im pretty much stuck here at 205-207> i need to get another fill. Its been a long time since i had my last one. my problem is cant afford to go to mexico, and when i call places here in the states and they hear that i had it done in mexico they refuse to touch me....> one place near my home wants surgery notes etc..... so i couldnt even just lie about where i had it done. also, dont think i have those notes anymore.> anyone know of someplace in michigan/ohio that will fill dr A's bands?> > where are all the people from back in 2007?????> dawn marshall>

Guest guest

dawn9368-

I found a doctor in Ohio that will do fills for patients who had their procedure

done in Mexico. He's Dr. Curry. He does his lap-bands in Cincinnati, but has a

satellite office in Columbus where he does his fills.

For the people who suggested the sleeve- Wow, you guys certainly know how to

sell someone on something haha. I really am hooked on the band, though. I like

the idea that I can get the fills done when it stretches out, and it's an

ongoing process. My aunt had the sleeve done (by Dr. Aceves!), and her stomach

has stretched out from when they cut it in 2009.

I'm also 23, and I am worried that the sleeve may be too much of a drastic step

for me. When I have kids, I can stretch my stomach back out for example (and

not worry about my kid potentially getting a nutritional deficiency).

I'm sure the sleeve has worked wonders for all of you (and that's great!), but I

don't think it's the best procedure for me. I'm also a bit of a chicken when it

comes to surgery, and the sleeve sounds sooo much scarier than the band, haha :)

>

> Hi all, been a long time since i posted. i had my band put in back feb 3rd

> my health is great.. i feel pretty good. still glad i have my band. ive lost

about 90 pounds total. im pretty much stuck here at 205-207

> i need to get another fill. Its been a long time since i had my last one. my

problem is cant afford to go to mexico, and when i call places here in the

states and they hear that i had it done in mexico they refuse to touch me....

> one place near my home wants surgery notes etc..... so i couldnt even just lie

about where i had it done. also, dont think i have those notes anymore.

> anyone know of someplace in michigan/ohio that will fill dr A's bands?

>

> where are all the people from back in 2007?????

> dawn marshall

>

Guest guest

If you are a chicken about surgery the last surgery type I would get would be a band due to all the reoperations necessary.  Go for the safer surgery type, the sleeve.  Bands just aren't safe long term.  Regain is very high with banding as well.

A sleeve is supposed to stretch over time.  You come out of surgery with a stomach the size of your thumb.  It will stretch to a small banana.  I'm 3 years post op from my band to sleeve revision and I still have amazing restriction, perfect restriction.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:34 AM, nerdykala <kalars88@...> wrote:

dawn9368-

I found a doctor in Ohio that will do fills for patients who had their procedure done in Mexico. He's Dr. Curry. He does his lap-bands in Cincinnati, but has a satellite office in Columbus where he does his fills.

For the people who suggested the sleeve- Wow, you guys certainly know how to sell someone on something haha. I really am hooked on the band, though. I like the idea that I can get the fills done when it stretches out, and it's an ongoing process. My aunt had the sleeve done (by Dr. Aceves!), and her stomach has stretched out from when they cut it in 2009.

I'm also 23, and I am worried that the sleeve may be too much of a drastic step for me. When I have kids, I can stretch my stomach back out for example (and not worry about my kid potentially getting a nutritional deficiency).

I'm sure the sleeve has worked wonders for all of you (and that's great!), but I don't think it's the best procedure for me. I'm also a bit of a chicken when it comes to surgery, and the sleeve sounds sooo much scarier than the band, haha :)

Guest guest

Bipley,

As always so well said. You are fabulous.

In a message dated 7/20/2011 8:03:10 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Bipley@... writes:

If you are a chicken about surgery the last surgery type I would get would be a band due to all the reoperations necessary. Go for the safer surgery type, the sleeve. Bands just aren't safe long term. Regain is very high with banding as well.

A sleeve is supposed to stretch over time. You come out of surgery with a stomach the size of your thumb. It will stretch to a small banana. I'm 3 years post op from my band to sleeve revision and I still have amazing restriction, perfect restriction.

dawn9368-I found a doctor in Ohio that will do fills for patients who had their procedure done in Mexico. He's Dr. Curry. He does his lap-bands in Cincinnati, but has a satellite office in Columbus where he does his fills.For the people who suggested the sleeve- Wow, you guys certainly know how to sell someone on something haha. I really am hooked on the band, though. I like the idea that I can get the fills done when it stretches out, and it's an ongoing process. My aunt had the sleeve done (by Dr. Aceves!), and her stomach has stretched out from when they cut it in 2009.I'm also 23, and I am worried that the sleeve may be too much of a drastic step for me. When I have kids, I can stretch my stomach back out for example (and not worry about my kid potentially getting a nutritional deficiency).I'm sure the sleeve has worked wonders for all of you (and that's great!), but I don't think it's the best procedure for me. I'm also a bit of a chicken when it comes to surgery, and the sleeve sounds sooo much scarier than the band, haha :)

Guest guest

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....but there are only a few people that I know of who still have functioning bands after three years of knowing them. Only one person who I have met when I had my surgery three years ago has her band. The other people I went into surgery with have all had revisions. That is sad! The only other person I know of who still has their band - she had it done had her stomach rupture and the stomach was dying. She was unbanded for three months and the doctor told her that she was such a good patient that he gave her another one! She has been ok on this one.....but she still needs to lose another 75 + pounds.

I think the band, as others have stated is safe enough, but the returns to the doctors for fills, port problems, too tight, too loose, etc., are FAR more costly than going with the sleeve in the first place.

I totally understand the parents points of views too for their children. They don't want something 'permanent'. However, the stomach scarring, acid reflux, and other problems have created permanent problems too. The sleeve has the least amount of post-op problems and best results. All of the people who have had the sleeve, have gone on to live productive lives - without the returns to the doctor for fills, unfills, etc. They only go back to make sure their lab reports look great. There may be a few out there who have had problems....but I personally do not know of any.

I think if the parents need to be educated, then it would be great for them to read the boards here and talk to other patients who have had both surgeries. It would give them a different perspective other than watching the advertising and TV programs for the band. Those advertisements just don't tell the whole story of the numerous patients who have had permanent problems.

If you get the band - $5,000 (I don't know the clost) and then refills at $250.00 per fill or unfill. - Lets say that you have 10+ over the course of three years - that is $7,500 right there. NOT including gas and time for the travel. If there is port rejection or other problems, then the dollar signs keep getting higher. With the sleeve $8,500 is it. You don't have to go back and forth. I find the going back and forth to the doctor such a waste of time. I just don't have the time to do that.

But again, it is your body and you have to choose. Just make sure your parents have been educated enough to understand the total costs, problems, and other expenses associated with both types of surgeries and the length of time each of them have had in success and duration.

I wish you the best of luck!

Gail

dawn9368-I found a doctor in Ohio that will do fills for patients who had their procedure done in Mexico. He's Dr. Curry. He does his lap-bands in Cincinnati, but has a satellite office in Columbus where he does his fills.For the people who suggested the sleeve- Wow, you guys certainly know how to sell someone on something haha. I really am hooked on the band, though. I like the idea that I can get the fills done when it stretches out, and it's an ongoing process. My aunt had the sleeve done (by Dr. Aceves!), and her stomach has stretched out from when they cut it in 2009.I'm also 23, and I am worried that the sleeve may be too much of a drastic step for me. When I have kids, I can stretch my stomach back out for example (and not worry about my kid potentially getting a nutritional deficiency).I'm sure the sleeve has worked wonders for all of you (and that's great!), but I don't think it's the best procedure for me.

I'm also a bit of a chicken when it comes to surgery, and the sleeve sounds sooo much scarier than the band, haha :)

Guest guest

I know you're trying to help, but I'm getting the band.

>

> > **

> >

> >

> >

> > dawn9368-

> > I found a doctor in Ohio that will do fills for patients who had their

> > procedure done in Mexico. He's Dr. Curry. He does his lap-bands in

> > Cincinnati, but has a satellite office in Columbus where he does his fills.

> >

> > For the people who suggested the sleeve- Wow, you guys certainly know how

> > to sell someone on something haha. I really am hooked on the band, though. I

> > like the idea that I can get the fills done when it stretches out, and it's

> > an ongoing process. My aunt had the sleeve done (by Dr. Aceves!), and her

> > stomach has stretched out from when they cut it in 2009.

> >

> > I'm also 23, and I am worried that the sleeve may be too much of a drastic

> > step for me. When I have kids, I can stretch my stomach back out for example

> > (and not worry about my kid potentially getting a nutritional deficiency).

> >

> > I'm sure the sleeve has worked wonders for all of you (and that's great!),

> > but I don't think it's the best procedure for me. I'm also a bit of a

> > chicken when it comes to surgery, and the sleeve sounds sooo much scarier

> > than the band, haha :)

> >

>

Guest guest

I have experience, both personal and then watching my mother's process. I still have to say if the information had been what it is today I would have gone with the sleeve. Just like any tool, you have to take care of things. I do not understand when you say stretching back out. You can take in enough protein and other nutrients with protein shakes and making good food choices. Long term the band (which is what i have had since 2007) has been having some issues. I am blessed by still holding steady with a none eroded band. My mother had the sleeve. she doesn't have to worry about many things and one is having to

have an emergency surgery to remove an eroded band. She has done wonderful and she doesn't like going to Mexico but I had such a great experience with Dr A and Dr Campos that when she decided to do it she went to Mexico. So she is is really improved her health and life. she has gotten to decrease her medication and has got to shop till she made me drop refilling her closet. From a size 28 to a 12. I am so proud of her and LOVE her sleeve.

Bottom line you have to choose what is something you can live with. If you have a band do you have the funds to do a revision, or have emergency removal. No this doesn't happen all the time but it is becoming more of the norm based on statistics. I continue to pray I don't become one of the statistics.

Good Luck. If you choose Dr A and Dr Campos you won't go wrong!

From: Bipley <Bipley@...> Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:57 AMSubject: Re: Re: just checking in

If you are a chicken about surgery the last surgery type I would get would be a band due to all the reoperations necessary. Go for the safer surgery type, the sleeve. Bands just aren't safe long term. Regain is very high with banding as well.

A sleeve is supposed to stretch over time. You come out of surgery with a stomach the size of your thumb. It will stretch to a small banana. I'm 3 years post op from my band to sleeve revision and I still have amazing restriction, perfect restriction.

dawn9368-I found a doctor in Ohio that will do fills for patients who had their procedure done in Mexico. He's Dr. Curry. He does his lap-bands in Cincinnati, but has a satellite office in Columbus where he does his fills.For the people who suggested the sleeve- Wow, you guys certainly know how to sell someone on something haha. I really am hooked on the band, though. I like the idea that I can get the fills done when it stretches out, and it's an ongoing process. My aunt had the sleeve done (by Dr. Aceves!), and her stomach has stretched out from when they cut it in 2009.I'm also 23, and I am worried that the sleeve may be too much of a drastic step for me. When I have kids, I can stretch my stomach back out for example (and not worry about my kid potentially getting a nutritional deficiency).I'm sure the sleeve has worked wonders for all of you (and that's great!), but I don't

think it's the best procedure for me. I'm also a bit of a chicken when it comes to surgery, and the sleeve sounds sooo much scarier than the band, haha :)

Guest guest

Ok...stepping in again. I was 70 yoa had the lap band 4/11. I am happy and content. Weight loss has been good. Started at 207 now at 115. Yes fills and unfills. Some reflux. Nothing's perfect. My two best friends had the sleeve a year or so after I had the lb. Each has gained weight and never did get to their goal weight. I am NOT NOT NOT going to defend the lap band or bad mouth the sleeve I have just written what I kniow. Also the husband of one of my bff went w/me and we were band buddies together. He was diabetic. Has not had a shot since the day after surgery. Lost a little more than 100#, had one fill. Feels great. The 4 of us that I am speaking of are all late 60's and early 70's. Life is good and that's that! jb

Re: just checking in

I know you're trying to help, but I'm getting the band.> > > **> >> >> >> > dawn9368-> > I found a doctor in Ohio that will do fills for patients who had their> > procedure done in Mexico. He's Dr. Curry. He does his lap-bands in> > Cincinnati, but has a satellite office in Columbus where he does his fills.> >> > For the people who suggested the sleeve- Wow, you guys certainly know how> > to sell someone on something haha. I really am hooked on the band, though. I> > like the idea that I can get the fills done when it stretches out, and it's> > an ongoing process. My aunt had the sleeve done (by Dr. Aceves!), and her> > stomach has stretched out from when they cut it in 2009.> >> > I'm also 23, and I am worried that the sleeve may be too much of a drastic> > step for me. When I have kids, I can stretch my stomach back out for example> > (and not worry about my kid potentially getting a nutritional deficiency).> >> > I'm sure the sleeve has worked wonders for all of you (and that's great!),> > but I don't think it's the best procedure for me. I'm also a bit of a> > chicken when it comes to surgery, and the sleeve sounds sooo much scarier> > than the band, haha :)> >>

Guest guest

Hi Joanne,

If your friends with the sleeve have gained weight or not reached their goal, It is the sleeve's fault. They NEVER changed their lifestyle in what they were eating or how they were eating. Like any tool if you DO NOT use it right it will NOT work for you. So I hate to tell you this it is not the fault of the sleeve!

Suzanne

In a message dated 7/21/2011 5:10:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, joannebodeen@... writes:

Ok...stepping in again. I was 70 yoa had the lap band 4/11. I am happy and content. Weight loss has been good. Started at 207 now at 115. Yes fills and unfills. Some reflux. Nothing's perfect. My two best friends had the sleeve a year or so after I had the lb. Each has gained weight and never did get to their goal weight. I am NOT NOT NOT going to defend the lap band or bad mouth the sleeve I have just written what I kniow. Also the husband of one of my bff went w/me and we were band buddies together. He was diabetic. Has not had a shot since the day after surgery. Lost a little more than 100#, had one fill. Feels great. The 4 of us that I am speaking of are all late 60's and early 70's. Life is good and that's that! jb

Re: just checking in

I know you're trying to help, but I'm getting the band.> > > **> >> >> >> > dawn9368-> > I found a doctor in Ohio that will do fills for patients who had their> > procedure done in Mexico. He's Dr. Curry. He does his lap-bands in> > Cincinnati, but has a satellite office in Columbus where he does his fills.> >> > For the people who suggested the sleeve- Wow, you guys certainly know how> > to sell someone on something haha. I really am hooked on the band, though. I> > like the idea that I can get the fills done when it stretches out, and it's> > an ongoing process. My aunt had the sleeve done (by Dr. Aceves!), and her> > stomach has stretched out from when they cut it in 2009.> >> > I'm also 23, and I am worried that the sleeve may be too much of a drastic> > step for me. When I have kids, I can stretch my stomach back out for example> > (and not worry about my kid potentially getting a nutritional deficiency).> >> > I'm sure the sl eeve has worked wonders for all of you (and that's great!),> > but I don't think it's the best procedure for me. I'm also a bit of a> > chicken when it comes to surgery, and the sleeve sounds sooo much scarier> > than the band, haha :)> >>

Guest guest

Hey, do what you need to do.  As long as you are committed to whatever tool you choose you will be sucessful.  It's a lifestyle change.  I know people who have done the band and post 5 yr mark are still looking great.  I also know banders that look the same way now as they did b4 thr band, but looked great for a while.  I'm choosing the sleeve, scheduled for Aug 19.  I don't want the hassle of fills and such, but I am financially in a place where I can do that now.  Point is, do what you need to do to get healthy.

On Jul 21, 2011 5:10 PM, " Joanne Bodeen " <joannebodeen@...> wrote:

>

>  

>

> Ok...stepping in again.  I was 70 yoa had the lap band 4/11.  I am happy and content.  Weight loss has been good.  Started at 207 now at 115.  Yes fills and unfills.  Some reflux.  Nothing's perfect.  My two best friends had the sleeve a year or so after I had the lb.  Each has gained weight and never did get to their goal weight.  I am NOT NOT NOT going to defend the lap band or bad mouth the sleeve I have just written what I kniow.  Also the husband of one of my bff went w/me and we were band buddies together.  He was diabetic.  Has not had a shot since the day after surgery.  Lost a little more than 100#, had one fill.  Feels great.  The 4 of us that I am speaking of are all late 60's and early 70's.  Life is good and that's that!  jb

>>

>> Re: just checking in

>>

>>  

>>

>> I know you're trying to help, but I'm getting the band.

>>

>>

>> >

>> > > **

>> > >

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > dawn9368-

>> > > I found a doctor in Ohio that will do fills for patients who had their

>> > > procedure done in Mexico. He's Dr. Curry. He does his lap-bands in

>> > > Cincinnati, but has a satellite office in Columbus where he does his fills.

>> > >

>> > > For the people who suggested the sleeve- Wow, you guys certainly know how

>> > > to sell someone on something haha. I really am hooked on the band, though. I

>> > > like the idea that I can get the fills done when it stretches out, and it's

>> > > an ongoing process. My aunt had the sleeve done (by Dr. Aceves!), and her

>> > > stomach has stretched out from when they cut it in 2009.

>> > >

>> > > I'm also 23, and I am worried that the sleeve may be too much of a drastic

>> > > step for me. When I have kids, I can stretch my stomach back out for example

>> > > (and not worry about my kid potentially getting a nutritional deficiency).

>> > >

>> > > I'm sure the sleeve has worked wonders for all of you (and that's great!),

>> > > but I don't think it's the best procedure for me. I'm also a bit of a

>> > > chicken when it comes to surgery, and the sleeve sounds sooo much scarier

>> > > than the band, haha :)

>> > >

>> >

>>

>

Guest guest

Hi, Sidepull, Ice cream is my weakness. Be ready for some emotions to come up when you quit. Beat a pillow and cry and you can get through this. I'm rooting for you!Sally Firom: sidepull5150 <sidepull5150@...> bird mites Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:44 AM Subject: Just Checking In

Hey their,

I have been making a bit of progress in my daily routine.

Currently when I get up in the morning I have been Oil Pulling for 20 minutes, rinse clean and tongue scrape (I use a spoon).

Then I'll do a Kidney Bladder flush drink from Dr Schulze.

20 - 30 minutes later I'll have my probiotic with a tblspn of Udos oil and also a scoop of Perfect Food. I try and do this twice a day. I also have a probiotic before lunch as well.

With breakfast and dinner I'm having 3000 iu of Vitamin D3.

I do however consistently eat Ice Cream (sugar) as an emotional crutch. I find myself at a point where I want to leave my sugar consumption behind and really begin to heal my body. In fact I feel like I have been here for several years, stammering at the gate. I also feel a bit short on resolve or discipline. I am aware of the positive impact that not ingesting all that sugar will have on my life. I have read and heard about picking a date.

I'm choosing today July 11th 2012 as the day I begin living sugar free.

Please keep me in your prayers.

I hope your all in good spirits and feel good physically.

:)

Guest guest

It really does ! I experienced that. Hardly had any cravings for sugar and that has helped me with my anti-fungal-diet !

Von: Aandraya Da Silva <aandraya@...>An: bird mites Gesendet: 23:01 Mittwoch, 18.Juli 2012Betreff: Re: Re: Just Checking In

-

I bet the Itrac is helping cut down the sugar cravings- less yeast telling your body it wants sugar.

Aandraya

On Jul 18, 2012, at 3:27 PM, Goldstein@... wrote:

It is weird, the Itraconazole seems to have solved my sugar cravings. I am hoping it is for good; I've always had intense dessert cravings, but have not had any for a long time now. I've also been taking Candex, so maybe that is helping. I eat about 1-2 pieces of fruit a day, but don't eat more than that. On a strict candida diet even fruit is not allowed.

My husband loves those popsickles too.

From: "mitesbegone" <no_reply >bird mites Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 1:16:35 PMSubject: Re: Just Checking InI hope your resolve is still strong. I myself struggle with sugar but it is usually because I can't seem to not stop myself from having sugar in my cup of tea. However, I am down

to only one cup of tea a day. And the rest of the time, I stay away from sugar...although I do sometimes have that ice cream urge. So I satisfy myself with having sugar free ice pops. They are cold and taste good. And it is enough for now.Terry>> Hey their,> > I have been making a bit of progress in my daily routine.> > Currently when I get up in the morning I have been Oil Pulling for 20 minutes, rinse clean and tongue scrape (I use a spoon). > > Then I'll do a Kidney Bladder flush drink from Dr Schulze. > > 20 - 30 minutes later I'll have my probiotic with a tblspn of Udos oil and also a scoop of Perfect Food. I try and do this twice a day. I also have a probiotic before lunch as well.> > With breakfast and dinner I'm having

3000 iu of Vitamin D3.> > I do however consistently eat Ice Cream (sugar) as an emotional crutch. I find myself at a point where I want to leave my sugar consumption behind and really begin to heal my body. In fact I feel like I have been here for several years, stammering at the gate. I also feel a bit short on resolve or discipline. I am aware of the positive impact that not ingesting all that sugar will have on my life. I have read and heard about picking a date. > > I'm choosing today July 11th 2012 as the day I begin living sugar free.> > Please keep me in your prayers.> > I hope your all in good spirits and feel good physically.> > :)>------------------------------------