RemedySpot.com

donna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is the one I was thinking of also. I can not think of anyone who the boxing gloves would fit better.

veri

Re: Donna

donna;

Just my 2 cents, but I see boxing gloves..maybe with the words "Eye of the Tiger".

You have more guts than I.

Sending prayers & happy thoughts,

Beth :-)

hey carla and tree

so cool to see you guys posting!!!!! Welcome back my fellow FACES /AJAO-KY buds. I am still debating what tattoo I want but lots of folks have offered lots of suggestions so throw some my way! Did you take antibiotics first???

For those wondering what we are discussing.. .FACES or FACING ARTHRITIS with COMPASSION, ENCOURAGEMENT and SUPPORT was a support group established by a few in Louisville several years ago. Later we became AJAO-KY and now we are revamping again and will be the Juvenile Arthritis Alliance of KY (or so I think). I was fortunate to meet some wonderful friends who have been the best form of support in these endeavors. Carla, my lil spunky sis and Tree , my left hand on many, many occasions.

Again....welcome back and we all need to chat soon. We have a meeting May 19th planned and I will get the details to ya soon!

Donna

See what's free at AOL.com.

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

, I also hope insurance will work with you. I agree now is the time so that Rob can return to some state of normalcy as he starts a college career.

I go to the doctor Tuesday afternoon and will post once I know.....

Hang tight!

DonnaSee what's free at AOL.com.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Thank you Anita!

Donna King

2299 Highland Dr

Camano Island, WA

I'm so looking forward to receiving!

>

> You asked me to send you a DVD, but I don't have your address.

> Anita from Pa.

>

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Donna, My surgery was done at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke's. At least that's what it was called then. Dr. DeWald did my surgery. You're lucky you didn't have the cast! It rode up on the shoulders, so it looked like I had football pads on. We had to buy clothes a size or two bigger with elastic waists. It was awkward for a high school student but we got by. The Shriners loaned us 2 hospital beds, which made it much easier on my mom getting us in and out of bed. How is your back doing now? Patty

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Search movie showtime shortcut.

Guest guest

I had revision done 6 1/2 yrs. ago (oh my, is that possible?) T2-S1 by Dr. Ondra, again at Northwestern. I'm doing well, have frustrating limitations, try not to complain too much. I have a great pain doc who works w/me and keeps me comfortable. Every once in awhile I resent the old notion that scoliosis is no biggie and shouldn't cause pain. I internalized that for so many yrs. and still struggle w/the idea I may be milking this. Just slap me somebody!!!! LOL. I am more fortunate than some.

Re: Re: Donna

Donna,

My surgery was done at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke's. At least that's what it was called then. Dr. DeWald did my surgery.

You're lucky you didn't have the cast! It rode up on the shoulders, so it looked like I had football pads on. We had to buy clothes a size or two bigger with elastic waists. It was awkward for a high school student but we got by.

The Shriners loaned us 2 hospital beds, which made it much easier on my mom getting us in and out of bed.

How is your back doing now?

Patty

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut.

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much Veri. I have had many tell me similar stories to yours so I will keep praying, remain positive and strong and simply keep hanging tight. Thanks again! Donna

Donna

Donna,

Over the years had many different times my pap came back abnormal. Every time I was scared it was going to be really bad. I had a colposcopy several differnt times and fortunatly for me they all came back ok. Just the mention of precancerous cells from the paps was enough to unnerve me. Mine were concerning enough that at one point I had to go in every three months to have a pap done just to make sure nothing was getting worse. Let me tell you I spent a lot of time praying through that. Eventually, my pap started coming back normal and things have been good for a while now. I will pray for your colposcopy to show that all is good with you as well. I will also pray for your strength to get through this. You have been through alot and are an inspiration to so many of us.

Veri

Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail!

Thank you . Things did ok today. I will spare the details but it will be 10 days before my results are known. The doc did say he seen nothing to be alarmed with so I am hangin on that thought and thinking nothing but positive thoughts! 10 days will be my birthday so I am hoping for the absolute best. thanks to all for hangin with me...hugs to all!Donna

Donna

Donna

I hope that things went well today. Will continue to keep you in thought and prayer.

and Rob 18 Spondy

Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail!

Sounds very positive!! I hope the time passes quickly until you get your GOOD news!! and Rob 18 Spondy Donna> > > > > > > > > Donna> I hope that things went well today. Will continue to keep you in > thought and prayer.> > and Rob 18 Spondy> > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________> Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL > Mail! - http://mail.aol.com>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey , thanks for asking. Matt's knee is doin tremendous. I am so proud of

how far he has come and how well the knee is doing. Therapy and docs are all

impressed with his progress..facts is we are off to therapy now. How is Rob

doin???Donna

Donna

Donna:

How is Matt's knee coming along??

and Rob 18 JAS

Donna,

Glad to hear Matt is recovering well. How are you hanging? Thinking of you

lots, even though I haven't posted much lately.

(, 17, poly)

ajaoky@... wrote: Hey , thanks for

asking. Matt's knee is doin tremendous. I am so proud of how far he has come and

how well the knee is doing. Therapy and docs are all impressed with his

progress..facts is we are off to therapy now. How is Rob doin???Donna

Donna

Donna:

How is Matt's knee coming along??

and Rob 18 JAS

Hi ..as always I am hangin tight and hangin tough. Needless to say 2007

had its challenges and I feel I took them on the best I could. I hope 2008 is

a bit kinder to me and my family but if for some reason not, I will continue

to hang...lol

how are you guys???

Donna<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR>See AOL's top rated

recipes

(http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)</HTML>

• 5 months later...
Guest guest

Donna,

I hope your records dilemma is all worked out and my thoughts and prayers are

with you for your surgery and recovery. & nbsp;

You are such an inspiration.

& amp;

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

C

my life just became very difficult i just lost 2 sisters to cancer in 6 mos one was gonna take care of me after surgery, i had talke with bernie way before they died.

i now have no after care person to help me out , i haveto wiat for social security my insur wont handle nurses.

Im very depressed since im all alone so i have put surgery off , the hardest about this wll is im alone now too cause beloved dog of 13 yrs died july 1st of bladder cancer jsut as my sisters had. Very odd and i m not in a place emotionally to talk more about my situatin thank you though

Donna

310-595-6462

From: vclark@...Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:28:00 +0000Subject: [ ] donna

Hi Donna,Have you decide where you will go for opinions? C

Guest guest

Donna,

Please accept my sympathy for all that has happened this month. Unless you are in an emergency situation for surgery, then you need the time to grieve and get yourself ready both physically and emotionally for any surgery. I hope you have some good friends nearby to help you and that you can talk to, when you are ready. If not, you have listening ears here. Please take care of yourself.

Llweyn

my life just became very difficult i just lost 2 sisters to cancer in 6 mos one was gonna take care of me after surgery, i had talke with bernie way before they died. i now have no after care person to help me out , i haveto wiat for social security my insur wont handle nurses. Im very depressed since im all alone so i have put surgery off , the hardest about this wll is im alone now too cause beloved dog of 13 yrs died july 1st of bladder cancer jsut as my sisters had. Very odd and i m not in a place emotionally to talk more about my situatin thank you thoughDonna

Guest guest

Dear Donna,

You have my sympathy, honey. What a hard time you are facing. Losing 2 sisters and a beloved pet. And all the while you are facing physical difficulty and pain. I am so sorry.

You may have mentioned it before, but are you a person of faith? The reason I ask, is that many churches can be very supportive if you were to share your needs. You might not be able to find just one person to help with aftercare, but perhaps you could line up a "team," so to speak, who would be willing to take turns helping you during those most difficult first weeks. I can not imagine having no family to help me out, but I do know that in the churches I've been a part of, there has always been help offered. (I know of a gal around here who had sextuplets who received all kinds of help from people. They had a schedule with a couple of people to help every day.)

Perhaps this isn't a viable solution for you, but I thought I'd throw it out there as something to consider.

I wish you all the best.

Diane VDW

Michigan

Cmy life just became very difficult i just lost 2 sisters to cancer in 6 mos one was gonna take care of me after surgery, i had talke with bernie way before they died. i now have no after care person to help me out , i haveto wiat for social security my insur wont handle nurses. Im very depressed since im all alone so i have put surgery off , the hardest about this wll is im alone now too cause beloved dog of 13 yrs died july 1st of bladder cancer jsut as my sisters had. Very odd and i m not in a place emotionally to talk more about my situatin thank you though

Donna

310-595-6462

Click now to get the general liability insurance you need to protect yourself!

Guest guest

Donna,My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. With love, Sent from my iPhoneOn Jul 21, 2009, at 4:09 PM, Donna <donnadavis609@...> wrote:

C

my life just became very difficult i just lost 2 sisters to cancer in 6 mos one was gonna take care of me after surgery, i had talke with bernie way before they died.

i now have no after care person to help me out , i haveto wiat for social security my insur wont handle nurses.

Im very depressed since im all alone so i have put surgery off , the hardest about this wll is im alone now too cause beloved dog of 13 yrs died july 1st of bladder cancer jsut as my sisters had. Very odd and i m not in a place emotionally to talk more about my situatin thank you though

Donna

310-595-6462

From: vclarksoftechDate: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:28:00 +0000Subject: [ ] donna

Hi Donna,Have you decide where you will go for opinions? C

Guest guest

Donna, like everyone else has said, you have my sympathy as well. That is a lot of loss in such of a short period of time. My heart goes out to you. Please know that you have friends here, as you have seen from all of the responses from so many, even before your loss of your loved ones. It is written that God does not give you more than you can handle, and sometimes I have almost questioned that, but I do believe it, based on personal experiences. You received a full plate in a very short span of time, and sometimes all we have to hang onto is faith itself, but that is what it is for and I hope it will help carry you through this, and know it will since you turned it over to God's hands.

If I had the resources I would get a plane ticket to stay with you for a few days. Please know that you do have sincere friends here that care and in this virtual place you are not alone.

G

Re: [ ] donna

Dear Donna,

You have my sympathy, honey. What a hard time you are facing. Losing 2 sisters and a beloved pet. And all the while you are facing physical difficulty and pain. I am so sorry.

You may have mentioned it before, but are you a person of faith? The reason I ask, is that many churches can be very supportive if you were to share your needs. You might not be able to find just one person to help with aftercare, but perhaps you could line up a "team," so to speak, who would be willing to take turns helping you during those most difficult first weeks. I can not imagine having no family to help me out, but I do know that in the churches I've been a part of, there has always been help offered. (I know of a gal around here who had sextuplets who received all kinds of help from people. They had a schedule with a couple of people to help every day.)

Perhaps this isn't a viable solution for you, but I thought I'd throw it out there as something to consider.

I wish you all the best.

Diane VDW

Michigan

Cmy life just became very difficult i just lost 2 sisters to cancer in 6 mos one was gonna take care of me after surgery, i had talke with bernie way before they died. i now have no after care person to help me out , i haveto wiat for social security my insur wont handle nurses. Im very depressed since im all alone so i have put surgery off , the hardest about this wll is im alone now too cause beloved dog of 13 yrs died july 1st of bladder cancer jsut as my sisters had. Very odd and i m not in a place emotionally to talk more about my situatin thank you though

Donna

310-595-6462____________________________________________________________ Click now to get the general liability insurance you need to protect yourself!

Guest guest

G

since our earlier emails certianly its been many trials placed on my plate as you say, and faith in its pure form is ALL i am standing on and prayer. I am thankful for all of the love pouring out to me from you and others that so quick were to reply.

I just ask for those of faith, to keep me in prayer and that my continued disabitlty gets approved as well as the care team that goes with it once approved. Thank you all

Donna

Donna

310-595-6462

From: lgross1@...Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:25:27 -0400Subject: Re: [ ] donna

Donna, like everyone else has said, you have my sympathy as well. That is a lot of loss in such of a short period of time. My heart goes out to you. Please know that you have friends here, as you have seen from all of the responses from so many, even before your loss of your loved ones. It is written that God does not give you more than you can handle, and sometimes I have almost questioned that, but I do believe it, based on personal experiences. You received a full plate in a very short span of time, and sometimes all we have to hang onto is faith itself, but that is what it is for and I hope it will help carry you through this, and know it will since you turned it over to God's hands.

If I had the resources I would get a plane ticket to stay with you for a few days. Please know that you do have sincere friends here that care and in this virtual place you are not alone.

G

Re: [ ] donna

Dear Donna,

I wish you all the best.

Diane VDW

Michigan

Donna

310-595-6462____________________________________________________________ Click now to get the general liability insurance you need to protect yourself!

• 1 year later...

Donna,  As I was telling you, the LES doesn't relax and that is a huge problem

that does not go away.  The lovely spasms come and go, they really hurt!!!!  I

think you need to have a face to face with the surgeon and talk about your

specific situation and have them explain what they see is going on in your

esophagus.  These things take time, these things are rare and most of the time,

it can take awhile to get the right game plan.  But, you do need to get a

plan! 

I understand that you have other issues and the anxiety of travel.  One baby

step at a time.  You will get through this! 

Julee So Calif.

achalasia

Sent: Tue, December 7, 2010 7:15:01 AM

Subject:

If I had any lingering doubts that I am not in trouble, I got a reminder a few

minutes ago while sitting at computer. I had a hard spasm that about knocked me

out of my chair, sure gets your attention.

I took a few sips of water and it lessened. Managed to get some soft breakfast

down.

I am seeing Dr. Brent s in St. Louis on Fri. he is supposed to be finding

me people to talk with, no calls yet. I have emailed a that is/was in this

group numerous times. Emails have not been returned so address is correct. Makes

me wonder if she doesn't want to talk about it anymore, bad-mouth the Surgeon or

she is in advanced trouble.

I have not conclusively decided to use Dr. s yet. My problem with surgery

too far from home is in the fact that I have to make connections on a plane.

Since I have MdDS it causes me anxiety to fly and I don't need the added anxiety

on top of surgery. Hopefully Dr. s will be the one.

Donna Hall