RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Just Joined

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i really don't know how much good it would do at this point, with surgery 44 days away. i've been doing my pre-surgery exercises the OS gave me and i suppose they are similiar to what any PT would have me do, and save me the trouble of driving there, since i live out in the middle of nowheresville and everything is quite far and most days it takes all my energy to do the simpliest things, blah, i can't wait til i'm normal again. hmmmmmmmmmmm, but was i EVER normal. LOL

double jointed hugs,~ linDUHlou ~RTHR/1/22/2007

lindy lou, I was like you until I was sent to a marvellous physiotherapist who got my muscles and ligaments working - it might be worth it - my pain level decreased at least 25% and I'm in much better muscular shape for the op.

ann

Guest guest

arthur,

my hip has acted in the same way for a long time, til lately; however, now it's bad about 95% of the time. i'm wondering if once my doctor is at the joint, if it will be as expected or worse than he anticipated.

i'll also be on coumidin -- that was already discussed in detail at my visit to the surgeon. the coumidin kind of scares me. i don't mind the compression stockings -- i've had those before and i thought they felt good. ;-)

The confounding--and scary--aspect of my hip arthritis was that there was no pattern to it. Sometimes it was nearly OK; sometimes I could barely walk. After my THR, my surgeon said that he had difficulty manipulating the joint back to normal position because the arthritis was so bad--worse than the x-rays showed. I'm just glad that before my surgery the joint just didn't disintegrate or have a bad break.

If your surgeon didn't indicate that you were a higher risk because of weight, you're probably OK. I would go with what the doc says.

The blood clot danger appears to have been overcome in my case with Coumadin and compression stockings--which are a magnanimous pain in the butt to wear all the time, even though I just put up with it. I will be VERY glad when my surgeon says I don't have to wear them. I only have five more Coumadin pills left, too. My surgery was 4 weeks ago today.

Just take some of the good advice I got: Don't rush the recovery. Do what your PTs and doctors tell you, and don't cut corners and decide arbitrarily what you'll do and what you won't do during recovery. Don't turn a very good thing into a very bad thing.

And send some morphine my way. --Arthur

Guest guest

oh wow denise, yikes, that's scary. i'm glad it wasn't more serious.

The coumidin was no problem for me....I took it for 5 weeks post-op.....they never did get my numbers quite regulated, but I had no problem with it....you have to have a blood test every week......I was in a restaurant about 4 weeks after my TKR, and the waitress dropped a tray near us and I felt something hit my leg...just barely, not hard....a couple minutes later I felt something and looked down and my leg was bleeding! A tiny peice of glass just barely scraped my leg and it wouldn't stop bleeding! the manager came over and they bandaged my leg....I felt like such an idiot (of course i explained the drug i was taking...)

Other than that, no problems!

Guest guest

Lindy, you live in the perfect place and having surgery the perfect time for the teds (support stockings). They'll keep you warm. Teds get a bad name. Your legs are so sore and hugely swollen, that you want to blame the teds for that tight feeling. Then you take them off and find out it's your skins that's stretched so tightly! :-)lindy <everyothername.istaken@...> wrote: arthur, my hip

has acted in the same way for a long time, til lately; however, now it's bad about 95% of the time. i'm wondering if once my doctor is at the joint, if it will be as expected or worse than he anticipated. i'll also be on coumidin -- that was already discussed in detail at my visit to the surgeon. the coumidin kind of scares me. i don't mind the compression stockings -- i've had those before and i thought they felt good. ;-) double jointed hugs,~ linDUHlou ~RTHR/1/22/2007 The confounding--and scary--aspect of my hip arthritis was that there was no pattern to it. Sometimes it was nearly OK; sometimes I could barely walk. After my THR, my surgeon said that he had difficulty manipulating the joint back to normal position because the

arthritis was so bad--worse than the x-rays showed. I'm just glad that before my surgery the joint just didn't disintegrate or have a bad break. If your surgeon didn't indicate that you were a higher risk because of weight, you're probably OK. I would go with what the doc says. The blood clot danger appears to have been overcome in my case with Coumadin and compression stockings--which are a magnanimous pain in the butt to wear all the time, even though I just put up with it. I will be VERY glad when my surgeon says I don't have to wear them. I only have five more Coumadin pills left, too. My surgery was 4 weeks ago today. Just take some of the good advice I got: Don't rush the recovery. Do what your PTs and doctors tell you, and don't cut corners and decide arbitrarily what you'll do and what you won't do during recovery. Don't turn a very good thing into a very bad thing. And send some morphine my way. --Arthur __________________________________________________

Guest guest

The only thing I dislike about Coumadin is the required weekly blood tests. Make sure you know where you're going to get those blood tests, how often your doctor wants them, who's prescribing the blood drawing, and who's going to right the blood draw order and review your test results. I was a bit confused there with my primary care physician ordering and reading the blood tests when it my surgeon who prescribed the Coumadin. --Arthurlindy <everyothername.istaken@...> wrote: arthur, my hip has acted in the same way for a long time, til lately; however, now it's bad about 95% of the time. i'm wondering if once my doctor is at the joint, if it will be as expected or worse than he anticipated. i'll also be on coumidin -- that was already discussed in detail at my visit to the surgeon. the coumidin kind of scares me. i don't mind the compression stockings -- i've had those before and i thought they felt good. ;-) double jointed hugs,~ linDUHlou ~RTHR/1/22/2007 The confounding--and scary--aspect of my hip arthritis was that there was no pattern to it. Sometimes it was nearly OK; sometimes I could barely walk. After my THR, my

surgeon said that he had difficulty manipulating the joint back to normal position because the arthritis was so bad--worse than the x-rays showed. I'm just glad that before my surgery the joint just didn't disintegrate or have a bad break. If your surgeon didn't indicate that you were a higher risk because of weight, you're probably OK. I would go with what the doc says. The blood clot danger appears to have been overcome in my case with Coumadin and compression stockings--which are a magnanimous pain in the butt to wear all the time, even though I just put up with it. I will be VERY glad when my surgeon says I don't have to wear them. I only have five more Coumadin pills left, too. My surgery was 4 weeks ago today. Just take some of the good advice I got: Don't rush the recovery. Do what your PTs and doctors tell you, and don't cut corners and decide arbitrarily what you'll do and what you won't do during recovery. Don't turn a very

good thing into a very bad thing. And send some morphine my way. --Arthur

Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Answers. Try it now.

Guest guest

donna, how long does the swelling last. and does it hurt?

i went to the doctor the other day and forgot to tell you all, my tattoo is fine -- no infection at all!

hugs,~ linDUHlou ~RTHR/1/22/2007

Lindy, you live in the perfect place and having surgery the perfect time for the teds (support stockings). They'll keep you warm. Teds get a bad name. Your legs are so sore and hugely swollen, that you want to blame the teds for that tight feeling. Then you take them off and find out it's your skins that's stretched so tightly! :-)

Guest guest

thanks for the tips arthur!

hugs,~ linDUHlou ~RTHR/1/22/2007

The only thing I dislike about Coumadin is the required weekly blood tests. Make sure you know where you're going to get those blood tests, how often your doctor wants them, who's prescribing the blood drawing, and who's going to right the blood draw order and review your test results. I was a bit confused there with my primary care physician ordering and reading the blood tests when it my surgeon who prescribed the Coumadin. --Arthur

Guest guest

You're welcome. --Arthur

--- lindy <everyothername.istaken@...>

wrote:

> thanks for the tips arthur!

> hugs,

> ~ linDUHlou ~

> RTHR/1/22/2007

>

> The only thing I dislike about Coumadin is the

> required weekly blood tests. Make sure you know

> where you're going to get those blood tests, how

> often your doctor wants them, who's prescribing the

> blood drawing, and who's going to right the blood

> draw order and review your test results. I was a bit

> confused there with my primary care physician

> ordering and reading the blood tests when it my

> surgeon who prescribed the Coumadin. --Arthur

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Have a burning question?

Go to www.Answers. and get answers from real people who know.

Guest guest

Lindy, I don't remember how long it took the swelling to go down, but I don't think it took long for the worst of it to go away. The knees themselves of couse still swell after a long day. But I had both knees done. Perhaps you won't have quite as much with the hip? Glad to hear all is well with the tattoo. One less obstacle on the way to your new life. :-) Warm regards, Donnalindy <everyothername.istaken@...> wrote: donna, how long does the swelling last. and does it hurt? i went to the doctor the other day and forgot to tell you all, my tattoo is fine -- no infection at all! hugs,~ linDUHlou ~RTHR/1/22/2007 Lindy, you live in the perfect place and having surgery the perfect time for the teds (support stockings). They'll keep you warm. Teds get a bad name. Your legs are so sore and hugely swollen, that you want to blame the teds for that tight feeling. Then you take them off and find out it's your skins that's stretched so tightly! :-) __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Donna,

I know swelling itself can be very painful, that's why I am concerned. Thanks for writing!

Love and Hugs,Lindy LouRight THR 1/22/2007

Lindy,

I don't remember how long it took the swelling to go down, but I don't think it took long for the worst of it to go away. The knees themselves of couse still swell after a long day. But I had both knees done. Perhaps you won't have quite as much with the hip?

Glad to hear all is well with the tattoo. One less obstacle on the way to your new life. :-)

Warm regards,

Donna

Guest guest

Don't worry, Lindy. Truly, the swelling went down so quickly, I can't remember how long it lasted. As says, it's all very managable. It sounds as if you are already dealing with a great deal of pain. You may find the post-op surgery will be the same or less. That's what I seem to be hearing from those who have had hip surgery. Recovery sure beats sitting at home and not being able to keep up with others. After surgery, you will have goals and experiencing progress every week instead of watching yourself go downhill. I can just see you when you are healed. Watch out world -- you'll be taking it by storm. :-) Donna lindy <everyothername.istaken@...> wrote: Donna, I know swelling itself can be very painful, that's why I am concerned. Thanks for writing! Love and Hugs,Lindy LouRight THR 1/22/2007 Lindy, I don't remember how long it took the swelling to go down, but I don't think it took long for the worst of it to go away. The knees themselves of couse still swell after a long day. But I had both knees done. Perhaps you won't have quite as much with the hip? Glad to hear all is well with the tattoo. One less obstacle on the way to your new life. :-) Warm regards, Donna __________________________________________________

Guest guest

LOL, well i do know i'll be taking a drive southwest to the Mall of America and spending a couple days and shopping til i drop, except i won't drop! ;-)

thanks Donna for the encouraging words!

Love and Hugs,Lindy LouRight THR 1/22/2007

Don't worry, Lindy. Truly, the swelling went down so quickly, I can't remember how long it lasted. As says, it's all very managable. It sounds as if you are already dealing with a great deal of pain. You may find the post-op surgery will be the same or less. That's what I seem to be hearing from those who have had hip surgery. Recovery sure beats sitting at home and not being able to keep up with others. After surgery, you will have goals and experiencing progress every week instead of watching yourself go downhill. I can just see you when you are healed. Watch out world -- you'll be taking it by storm. :-)

Donna

Guest guest

No need to worry. She’ll have a lot

of fun with it. All the boys will be after her….

Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007

1:45 PM

heterochromia

Subject: Just

Just joined today, not for me, but for my 2 month old

daughter, Zoe.

We noticed on christmas day that her left eye is dk brwn and her

right eye is pretty blue.. We just went to her 2 mos appt today for

her shots and discussed it with the doc. Her eyes seem fine, just

different colors. I am asking our familes if there is a history of

this, but so far no luck... I will try to add a pic, but its a bit

blurry.. Any takes on how common it is? Anything I need to look for?

Thanks, ( and Zoe)

Guest guest

Hi :

Welcome to this Heterochromia group.

Your daughter's eyes sound beautiful and I bet the rest

of her is too.

BTW I suppose I'm dating myself but my boyfriend in

high school called matchless eyes. Later he referred

to me as the girl with Kalaidescope eyes. Lennon

and McCartney " Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. "

Lynda

http://disabilityinfo.ms11.net

PS. I don't believe heterochromia is a disability.

>

Guest guest

Yea... That's just we need!

Good thing she has 2 older brothers to take care of it for us...

>

> No need to worry. She'll have a lot of fun with it. All the boys

will be

> after her….

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: heterochromia

[mailto:heterochromia ]

> On Behalf Of

> Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 1:45 PM

> heterochromia

> Subject: Just joined

>

>

>

> Just joined today, not for me, but for my 2 month old daughter,

Zoe.

> We noticed on christmas day that her left eye is dk brwn and her

> right eye is pretty blue.. We just went to her 2 mos appt today

for

> her shots and discussed it with the doc. Her eyes seem fine, just

> different colors. I am asking our familes if there is a history of

> this, but so far no luck... I will try to add a pic, but its a bit

> blurry.. Any takes on how common it is? Anything I need to look

for?

> Thanks, ( and Zoe)

>

Guest guest

Hey Jen. My name is Lori. Obviously you saw my post on the website, that's how you found me. I am 34, soon to be 35 on the 19th, and I was born w/ blue eyes just like the rest of the population. At 3 mos. old, my mom had the same concerns about me as you do about Zoe. Back then, the doctors thought my mom was crazy, but here I am, right eye brown and left eye blue. They both change colors often, depending on my moods or if I'm tired or sick. My mom could always tell if something was wrong by the color of my eyes. DON'T WORRY! Zoe will be fine. I do wear glasses, but not because of my heterochromia. I have learned, over the years and as a nurse, that this is not genetic and the percentages used to be 1 in 300 million!! These days it is more common. I notice it more in others because I have it. The only genetic relation to having heterochromia is a genetic

disorder called Waldenburg Syndrome. If this is not a factor then Zoe is just beautiful and wonderfully unique!! When I was pregnant with my first son, 12yrs ago, I asked the dr what the chances were of my baby having two different color eyes and he said none! In a way I was relieved. Years ago when I was a kid and this was not so common or "COOL", I got made fun of terribly. I was called a witch and an alien, a husky dog, you name it I was called it! Today things are different and people love it and say how they wish they had it! Well anyway, good luck with Zoe and it was great talking to you... <jennifer_joy@...> wrote: Just joined today, not for me, but for my 2 month old daughter, Zoe. We noticed on christmas day that her left eye is dk brwn and her right eye is pretty blue.. We just went to her 2 mos appt today for her shots and discussed it with the doc. Her eyes seem fine, just different colors. I am asking our familes if there is a history of this, but so far no luck... I will try to add a pic, but its a bit blurry.. Any takes on how common it is? Anything I need to look for? Thanks, ( and Zoe)

Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

Guest guest

Isn't it amazing how times have changed. I'm 31 and back in the day,

I was embarrassed to have two different coloured eyes. I was made

fun of all the time by my classmates. I was called things like two-

tone, witch, doggie. It's great that times have progressed to now

where this is cool to have.

> Just joined today, not for me, but for my 2 month old

daughter, Zoe.

> right eye is pretty blue.. We just went to her 2 mos appt today

for

> blurry.. Any takes on how common it is? Anything I need to look

for?

> Thanks, ( and Zoe)

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss an email again!

> Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it

out.

>

Guest guest

Hi Lori:

I think the syndrome you meant is Waardenburg. Not waldenburg. I

know I was diagnosed with Waardenburg about 20 years ago. Of course

I had it all my life but wasn't diagnosed until then. Specifically its

Waardenburg2. Long story.

Those drs. were really ignorant thinking your mom was crazy. You

sound very caring and very levelheaded. Do you know how much more

common it is? I know its pretty common among Blue Merle dogbreeds.

Lynda

> My name is Lori. Obviously you saw my post on the website, that's

how you found me. I am 34, soon to be 35 on the 19th, and I was born

w/ blue eyes just like the rest of the population. At 3 mos. old, my

mom had the same concerns about me as you do about Zoe. Back then,

the doctors thought my mom was crazy, but here I am, right eye brown

and left eye blue. They both change colors often, depending on my

moods or if I'm tired or sick. My mom could always tell if something

was wrong by the color of my eyes. DON'T WORRY! Zoe will be fine. I

do wear glasses, but not because of my heterochromia. I have learned,

over the years and as a nurse, that this is not genetic and the

percentages used to be 1 in 300 million!! These days it is more

common. I notice it more in others because I have it. The only

genetic relation to having heterochromia is a genetic disorder called

Waldenburg Syndrome. If this is not a factor then Zoe is just

beautiful and wonderfully unique!!

> When I was pregnant with my first son, 12yrs ago, I asked the dr

what the chances were of my baby having two different color eyes and

he said none! In a way I was relieved. Years ago when I was a kid

and this was not so common or " COOL " , I got made fun of terribly. I

was called a witch and an alien, a husky dog, you name it I was called

it! Today things are different and people love it and say how they

wish they had it! Well anyway, good luck with Zoe and it was great

talking to you...

>

> <jennifer_joy@...> wrote:

> Just joined today, not for me, but for my 2 month old

daughter, Zoe.

> right eye is pretty blue.. We just went to her 2 mos appt today for

> blurry.. Any takes on how common it is? Anything I need to look for?

> Thanks, ( and Zoe)

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss an email again!

> Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

>

Guest guest

>

> my son which is now 5 has a blue/brown eye.he is a healthy little boy

> and has perfect vision but i have asked the doctors since he was born

> what would cause two different eye colors but know one has answers.we

> would just like as much info as we can get!thank you!

>

hey hun--don't worry about it. when i was born, i had blue eyes, but

by the time i was 10 my right eye was almost fully brown. in pictures

from when i was a baby you can see the brown just creeping its way

around my iris, and now (at age 15), i only have a little bit of blue

left on the top of my eye. the other is just the same blue. nothing is

wrong with me--i wear glasses, but almost everyone in my family have

horrid vision anyway, so i don't think the colors have anything to do

with it.

if you're looking for more info on heterochromia, i'd just google it,

personally. not many doctors really know what to say. i really don't

think you have anything to worry about.

Guest guest

I think weight gain is an issue. I'm a 49 yo male, and never had weight

problems b4, but have added a good 20 lbs in the 2+ years I have been taking

Lexapro...20 mg.

I think it's a combination of the med, and I'll admit my diet and lack of

excercise....but I haven't had this issue b4 the med. I still recommend the

med....I've never felt better mentally and emotionally.

_____

Sue

Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 1:13 PM

Lexapro

Subject: Just Joined

Hi Everyone,

This my first time joining a group. I just started Lexapro

after minimal success with Cymbalta and Effexor. Had taken Zoloft for

years with great success but it had stopped working for me. Anyway, so

far I feel great on Lexapro. I finally feel like I'm able to keep my

emotions in check, particularly at work. I have a very stressful job.

Anyway, I am 49 (approaching menopause) and have struggled with my

weight for several years now. I can't afford to put on any more weight.

I would like to know if Lexapro has caused significant weight gain with

any of you. Any feedback on this would be great. Thanks! Sue

Guest guest

Hi

Welcome to our forum and I hope you get all the help and support you need. Any questions you have, just shout, and somebody, from somewhere will come along and attempt to answer you - if possible.

Read as much information as you can in the FILES section on this forum website and also, go to our website www.tpa-uk.org.uk and read as much as you can there about hypothyroidism too. There are some papers by Dr Peatfield you should find interesting. Many doctors believe that ME is a thyroid problem and finding that the symptoms disappear when properly treated with the right thyroid hormone replacement.

Sadly, for some weird reason, to reach a diagnosis in the good old days, doctors looked at the patients symptoms, signs, took basal temperature, checked cholesterol etc and came to a diagnosis (or not) of hypothyroidism that way - and then came the invention of the blood tests around the 1950's, but these were not properly brought into use until the middle of the 1970's. Suddenly, doctors seemed to believe that if the thyroid funciton tests were returned showing the results were within the reference range, this meant their patient did not have a thyroid problem, and declared their patients were normal. This is causing so many problems now, and no, thyroid function tests being normal does not mean your treatment is working properly or that you are on the right dose. There are far too many other considerations that should be taken into account, but doctors within the NHS are not taught this.

Doctors should go by how you feel and you yourself probably know (without blood tests) whether you are feeling well or unwell and whether you are taking too much or too little L-thyroxine. How much L-thyroxine are you taking and when was your last increase - and also when did you last have a blood test and can you get the results to post here with the reference range for each test. More than that - how are you actually feeling?

Luv - Sheila

Hi just joined this group. I assumed my Thyroxine levels were ok if blood tests were normal. Now I'm not so sure. I have been taking Thyroxine for 24 years but was diagnosed with ME 15 years ago.I came accross an article a few days ago in my file of ME stuff which I haven't looked at for years. I was looking for something for someone else. It is an article written by Dr Durrant Peatfield and it made me think.No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.10/1584 - Release Date: 31/07/2008 12:00

Guest guest

When I was first diagnosed I was treated by an endocrinologist.

He had me eventually on 200mcg Thyroxine.After 3 years I was

referred back to my doctor for treatment.Can't remember if he kept me

on the same dose. Then I changed doctors and over the years they have

reduced my dose to between 100 and 125mcg. Currently I'm on 125. I

felt very well indeed on 200mcg and it was a hughe transformation. 15

years or more ago I was diagnosed with ME which came on gradually.I

have found NADH is very good for me but not the complete answer. When

I read Dr Peatfields article on ME suggesting that the Adrenal and

Thyroid glands could be the problem and that blood tests that come

back normal don't necessarily suggest normal I wondered if I might go

see him. Currenly my brain fog is the worst problem, with fatigue and

aching muscles in arms and legs.I even spelt my first name

incorrectly. Does he still give Vit B12 injections because though my

test for B12 was normal I had some kind of antibody.

thyroid treatment , " sheilaturner "

<sheilaturner@...> wrote:

>

> Hi

>

> Welcome to our forum and I hope you get all the help and support

you need. Any questions you have, just shout, and somebody, from

somewhere will come along and attempt to answer you - if possible.

>

> Read as much information as you can in the FILES section on this

forum website and also, go to our website www.tpa-uk.org.uk and read

as much as you can there about hypothyroidism too. There are some

papers by Dr Peatfield you should find interesting. Many doctors

believe that ME is a thyroid problem and finding that the symptoms

disappear when properly treated with the right thyroid hormone

replacement.

>

> Sadly, for some weird reason, to reach a diagnosis in the good old

days, doctors looked at the patients symptoms, signs, took basal

temperature, checked cholesterol etc and came to a diagnosis (or not)

of hypothyroidism that way - and then came the invention of the blood

tests around the 1950's, but these were not properly brought into use

until the middle of the 1970's. Suddenly, doctors seemed to believe

that if the thyroid funciton tests were returned showing the results

were within the reference range, this meant their patient did not

have a thyroid problem, and declared their patients were normal. This

is causing so many problems now, and no, thyroid function tests being

normal does not mean your treatment is working properly or that you

are on the right dose. There are far too many other considerations

that should be taken into account, but doctors within the NHS are not

taught this.

>

> Doctors should go by how you feel and you yourself probably know

(without blood tests) whether you are feeling well or unwell and

whether you are taking too much or too little L-thyroxine. How much L-

thyroxine are you taking and when was your last increase - and also

when did you last have a blood test and can you get the results to

post here with the reference range for each test. More than that -

how are you actually feeling?

>

> Luv - Sheila

>

>

> Hi just joined this group. I assumed my Thyroxine levels were ok

if

> blood tests were normal. Now I'm not so sure. I have been taking

> Thyroxine for 24 years but was diagnosed with ME 15 years ago.I

came

> accross an article a few days ago in my file of ME stuff which I

> haven't looked at for years. I was looking for something for

someone

> else. It is an article written by Dr Durrant Peatfield and it

made me

> think.

>

>

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

> Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.10/1584 - Release Date:

31/07/2008 12:00

>

Guest guest

Hi Chrstine - I should have read all your messages and my previous message would not have been written. I see you DO have a thyroid problem. Dr Peatfield is unable now to prescribe as he is retired from medicine, but he does do metabolic clinics throughout the UK and if you go to our website www.tpa-uk.org.uk and look under TPA News in the right hand column, you can see where he holds these.

It sounds as if you should get the 24 hour salivary adrenal profile to see where your DGEA and cortisol levels are at 4 specific times during the day. You can get these done either at NPTech Services www.nptech.com or at Genova Diagnostics http://gdx.uk.net/images/PATIENT%20GDX%20PRICE%20LIST%20Jan%2008.pdf. You could well be suffering with very low adrenal reserve and no amount of thyroid hormone replacement will be able to be absorbed properly by your tissues.

Have you been tested to see whether you are converting the 'inactive' hormone L-thyroxine (T4) into the active hormone T3. It is T3 that every cell (and your brain) needs to make them function. If you are getting the 24 hour adrenal saliva profile done, you might also wish to get youro Free T3 checked. Have you also been checked to see whether you have antibodies to your thyroid. If not, get this done too because if this is positive, it means the antibodies are seeing your thyroid gland as public enemy number one and they set about destroying it - so you will be eventually unable to put out any thyroid hormones.

Please can you delete most of the message (and other messages) before clicking SEND. Many of our members get a Daily Digest where they get up to 25 messages in one Email, and having to scroll through loads of messages previously read, it can get very frustrating for them. You will soon get used to how this all works.

Luv - Sheila

When I read Dr Peatfields article on ME suggesting that the Adrenal and Thyroid glands could be the problem and that blood tests that come back normal don't necessarily suggest normal I wondered if I might go see him. Currenly my brain fog is the worst problem, with fatigue and aching muscles in arms and legs.I even spelt my first name incorrectly. Does he still give Vit B12 injections because though my test for B12 was normal I had some kind of antibody.

.. No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.10/1585 - Release Date: 01/08/2008 06:39

Guest guest

Hi hon,

Just wanted to say welcome, and that I hope you feel a lot better real

soon :)

luv Dawnx