RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: food choices

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Have to agree to disagree on the food lists. Red meat does not cause weight gain. Every single 'study' they did trying to prove it had a negative effect on your body included starches. It included hamburgers, and of course the buns. If you cut out the whole grains and processed food, and ate some good meats and veggies you might see some weight loss.

Guest guest

.. I totally agree with you .

I for one, can not live on veggies alone no apologies for that. I just know I do

not eat enough veggie and this super duper Blender has changed all that for me.

I have consumed MORE veggies in the weeks since I got it than I think I have

in the last several months. I also see all my usual cravings dropping a lot. I

suspect it is all the extra vegetable fiber and vitamins that I am consuming

now. I seem to be satisfied with real food YEAH !!!! but all my meals have

protein in one form or another. When I try it another way.. the munchies

return.

.. but you know when a study like this comes out it influences all kinds of

things in restaurants, schools, and MD's direction etc..

Best to be informed so we can all filter out what is best for us as

individuals.. for me .. MEAT is on the menu.

>

> Have to agree to disagree on the food lists. Red meat does not cause weight

> gain. Every single 'study' they did trying to prove it had a negative effect

> on your body included starches. It included hamburgers, and of course the

> buns. If you cut out the whole grains and processed food, and ate some good

> meats and veggies you might see some weight loss.

>

Guest guest

I found that green smoothies did not keep me full until I began adding 1/3 cup or so of beans. Right now, I'm adding black beans, because that's all that's in my freezer. I'll be cooking garbanzo beans and northern beans soon and will be adding them to future smoothies. I always pressure cook my own beans, flash freeze them on a cookie sheet, and then store them in a freezer ziplock in the freezer. I hate the added sodium and preservatives in canned. :)

Lorihttp://lifeontheveganedge.blogspot.com/

From: crenita2 <crenita@...> Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 7:30 AMSubject: Re: food choices

.. I totally agree with you .I for one, can not live on veggies alone no apologies for that. I just know I do not eat enough veggie and this super duper Blender has changed all that for me.I have consumed MORE veggies in the weeks since I got it than I think I have in the last several months. I also see all my usual cravings dropping a lot. I suspect it is all the extra vegetable fiber and vitamins that I am consuming now. I seem to be satisfied with real food YEAH !!!! but all my meals have protein in one form or another. When I try it another way.. the munchies return. . but you know when a study like this comes out it influences all kinds of things in restaurants, schools, and MD's direction etc..Best to be informed so we can all filter out what is best for us as individuals.. for me .. MEAT is on the menu. >> Have to agree to disagree on the food lists. Red meat does not cause weight> gain. Every single 'study' they did trying to prove it had a negative effect> on your body included starches. It included hamburgers, and of course the> buns. If you cut out the whole grains and processed food, and ate some good> meats and veggies you might see some weight loss.>

Guest guest

What device do you use for flash freezing? Ciao, Chandelle Motivational speaker, author, lecturer & trainerLife isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. --Anonymoushttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=623337507From: Lori Ann <dimplesnwinks@...>" " < >Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 11:56 AMSubject: Re: food choices

I found that green smoothies did not keep me full until I began adding 1/3 cup or so of beans. Right now, I'm adding black beans, because that's all that's in my freezer. I'll be cooking garbanzo beans and northern beans soon and will be adding them to future smoothies. I always pressure cook my own beans, flash freeze them on a cookie sheet, and then store them in a freezer ziplock in the freezer. I hate the added sodium and preservatives in canned. :)

From: crenita2 <crenita@...> Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 7:30 AMSubject: Re: food choices

Guest guest

The top shelf of my freezer is designed to freeze foods faster. I lay the beans out on a cookie sheet and it takes 30 minutes to individually freeze them instead of hours to freeze them in a block. Then I just put them into bags. I'm sure it's MUCH slower than a professional device made for flash freezing, but 30 minutes is pretty fast. It could actually take less time, but I just set the timer for 30 minutes.

From: Elle <drithre@...>" " < >Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:01 PMSubject: Re: Re: food choices

What device do you use for flash freezing?

Ciao, Chandelle Motivational speaker, author, lecturer & trainerLife isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. --Anonymoushttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=623337507

Guest guest

Dang it I just bought a new fridge too wish I would have known there were flash freezers out there, what brand is your? Ciao, Chandelle Motivational speaker, author, lecturer & trainerLife isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. --Anonymoushttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=623337507From: Lori Ann <dimplesnwinks@...>" " < >Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 12:43 PMSubject: Re: food choices

The top shelf of my freezer is designed to freeze foods faster. I lay the beans out on a cookie sheet and it takes 30 minutes to individually freeze them instead of hours to freeze them in a block. Then I just put them into bags. I'm sure it's MUCH slower than a professional device made for flash freezing, but 30 minutes is pretty fast. It could actually take less time, but I just set the timer for 30 minutes.