RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Debby

Rate this topic

Guest guest

debby, u can try meditation or yoga! sure helps me beat the stress!

hope it helps u!

prayers and peace

K.

>From: " Tex Pueschel " <tdcc2000@...>

>Reply-

>< >

>Subject: Re: [ ] teresa

>Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 19:07:28 -0800

>

>Pray tell, how do we avoid stress? Wish I knew!

>debb

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Guest guest

THANK YOU JUDY!!!!! I need to know there are some who can take Cellcept and not Imuran! YIPEE...this is good news!

debby

[ ] Debby

Debby: I am one of those patients who cannot takeImuran. I have been on Cellcept for 6+ years. Ireally haven't noticed any side effects from it or ifthere are, I have blamed them on Prednisone. Imuranmade me so sick that anything would have been animprovement. Best of luck!!Judy AIH diagnosed 3/94 (First flare-up 10/92)--- wrote:>

Guest guest

Your assessment is interesting. I have been on the prednisone for 4 months now. It seems that my hair is still growing fast...I have to have it cut every six weeks at least! I thought it might be related to the thyroid too, but I just don't know. I will talk it over with the doctor when I see her next month. Thanks for your imput.

I notice that you can't take Imuran either. Are you going to be put on another drug? Would like to know what you will go on. For now, just the prednisone for me....

debby

[ ] debby

hey Debby! i've been losing my hair too. i was thinking it was the prednisone too but not sure. i remember i started growing more hair when i was first put on the prednisone. the hair growth has stopped and now its faling out. does anyone think all the extra hair growth will fall out? i think the hair loss was also a side effect of imuran but i'm not on that anymore. the imuran depressed my bone marrow too much. hope everything goes well for you.Becky-Texas AIH 6/01

Guest guest

Hi. I dont think I will be put on another drug. The Prednisone is working well

enough. I would like to get off the steroid though. I'm on 20mg right now.

This week I should be getting lowered to 15. *crossing my fingers*

have a good day!

Becky

Guest guest

Hi - Debbie: I just wondered if you could tell me where you get the brownie

that

are gluten free? My Mom has celiac sprue and has had it for years, she is

getting

thinner, and it has her worried because she does eat. I would give anything

to find foods she can eat to fatten her up. Thanks Debby for any info it

would be appreciated.

Hewitt (mhe3053904@...

Guest guest

, I am happy to help you out. The Gluten Free Pantry has this brownie mix. Here is the link http://www.glutenfree.com/ . You will find lots of fattening foods here on this site. Another one, my favorite is Authentic Foods

http://www.authenticfoods.com/ This is here in California and the company gets the food out FAST! They can order anything you want. One thing that I do order from them are the pretzels! YUMMMMM...they are excellent for snacks! I keep them at school and am very pleased with the food that I get from them. I prefer their flours more than any other company so far. However, there are others places to get the food too.

You might ask your local health food store to get it for you. At our Trader Joe store near by, they are carrying the Gluten Free Pantry foods-well, the brownies and the cookies for those of us who have asked for it.....

Good luck fattening up your mom. It sounds like she is not staying with a strick gluten free diet. It is important to NOT cheat at all. Some doctors think that Celiacs can tolerate some gluten, but just a tiny bit will eventually turn on you. In fact, if we don't keep strict to the gluten free diet, we can develope intestinal lymphoma-cancer of the intestine...so PLEASE tell her to be careful. Check all medications, all foods....

Here is a place on Delphi.com for message boards for Celiac Sprue. It is a wealth of information. http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start

You will have to sign up with Delphi (no cost) and then go to Celica Disease On-Line Support. Good luck!

debby

Re: [ ] Debby

Hi - Debbie: I just wondered if you could tell me where you get the brownie thatare gluten free? My Mom has celiac sprue and has had it for years, she is gettingthinner, and it has her worried because she does eat. I would give anything to find foods she can eat to fatten her up. Thanks Debby for any info it would be appreciated. Hewitt (mhe3053904@...

Guest guest

debby - Thank you so much for the info on the foods for celiac sprue. I ama

going to

order a basketful of foods for her for Christmas. I have hunted all over

looking for

the right kinds of foods for her. debby do you have any problems with purple

looking spots breaking out on your arms? her's itch, the doctor gives her

cream for it but

it dosen't always go away. debby thanks again so much. Hewitt

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/18/01 10:11:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

Since I didn't fit the typical scenerio, he didn't think I could possibly have it.

Dear Debby:

How did you get your definite diagnosis? I'm sorry if you've explained before and I missed it. My cousin has celiac disease. She learned of hers through trial and error.

Kathy (AIH)

Seattle area

Guest guest

Oh , from what you are describing, it could be dermatitis herpitiformus.(DH)...the skin version on Sprue. I began with this disease 23 years ago and was never told about the sprue/small intesting version until I happened to find it on the internet one day! I took the information to my dermatologist and she told me to immediately see a gastro doc. I did, and he laughed because most sprue patients are very skinny and malnourished! Since I didn't fit the typical scenerio, he didn't think I could possibly have it. Well...I know better now, and take care of myself!

Anyway, the DH can easily be dx by a simple biopsy of one of the leisons when they occur. The only time I get them now is if I accidently get into some barley. Since you mentioned that your mom is having some problems with weight, it could be that she is getting some of the wheat, barley, oats or rye in something she is eating. Check out her pills, cereals...etc.

Ohhhhh.....and the blisters ITCH like you are going mad. When I get them, they get all purple/red colored and then if I pop them, they just branch out around the original blister. They have blood/water in them. They are very itchy and then as they begin to heal, they hurt like the dickens. Just like when you pull a hang nail and accidently bump your finger? Well, the sensation is much like that...extreme pain and then it goes away! I found that tea tree oil works to help heal the wound quickly...but since I have been gluten free for over one year now, I have had only a few leisons since then! It is wonderful. Oh...I also take a medicine for it too, but am gradually tapering down to just about nothing! It is great to get rid of another medicine!

Please let me know how you fare for the foods and if your Mom has DH...debby

debby - Thank you so much for the info on the foods for celiac sprue. I ama going to order a basketful of foods for her for Christmas. I have hunted all over looking forthe right kinds of foods for her. debby do you have any problems with purple looking spots breaking out on your arms? her's itch, the doctor gives her cream for it butit dosen't always go away. debby thanks again so much. Hewitt

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/19/01 6:45:17 PM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

NOW, if your cousin has it, then you might consider having the blood screening since it IS a genetic and familial problem

Dear Debby:

Thanks for the info. I will ask my doc about it. I've had small intestine problems for years that they've never been able to pinpoint. I've had 3 upper GI's in my life and after each one they told me that I had Crohn's disease. Then when they've done a followup colonoscopy, they've told me 'no' I don't have it. My cousin has been on me to get tested for Celiac. I know I'm sensitive to some grains in that they always give me nausea or heartburn. Breakfast cereal really bothers me. It seems the more processed it is, the better I can handle it. For instance, whole wheat bread bothers me, but white bread doesn't. The next time I see my GI, I'll ask him to include the Celiac test in my regular blood work. Now, here's a stupid question...what is DH?

Kathy (AIH)

Seattle area

Guest guest

Kathy, the doctor did the blood work to "pacify" me. But before he would order the blood work, he went to his office to look up the stats for those with DH to have Celiac. He told me that only about 50% of people with DH have Celiac...BUT I told him that nearly all have celiac if they have DH. He went to his office and came back shaking his head and said, well, it says that 80 - 85% will have Celiac.

Well, what do you know.....the blood work came back positive for celiac...THEN I had the biopsy because he still didn't think I had it.....he never saw me again, because he made sure I was awake for the biopsy...so I got the results and sure enough....true celiac.

NOW, if your cousin has it, then you might consider having the blood screening since it IS a genetic and familial problem.....I wish your cousin luck!

debby

In a message dated 12/18/01 10:11:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

Since I didn't fit the typical scenerio, he didn't think I could possibly have it.Dear Debby: How did you get your definite diagnosis? I'm sorry if you've explained before and I missed it. My cousin has celiac disease. She learned of hers through trial and error. Kathy (AIH) Seattle area

Guest guest

Oh Kathy...not a silly question at all. It is dermatitis herpitiformus, the skin version of celiac. What the problem with DH is that while it appears to only be doing damage to the skin, it actually is doing internal damage too! So, that is why if you have DH, you have celiac! But, oh...some doctors just don't understand!

Now for your small intestine problems...unless they take biopsies of the small intestine they will not find celiac. For, the colonoscopy only goes to the lower part of the small intestine...the celiac involves the upper part of the small intestine...they must go through the stomach to get the samples. I agree with your cousin...PLEASE get tested for it. I understand why you have problems with whole wheat, for that is not processed as finely as the white bread. I also found that using the cheaper flours vrs the expensive (gold medal) was easier for me to digest. There is more gluten in the expensive kinds.

However, when I say expensive...I referr to $1.29. My flours that I purchase are up to $6.00 for 3.5 lbs. Now, THAT is expensive, especially when you want to bake!

But, PLEASE get tested...it is really important, for if too much damage is done to the villi of the small intestine, it is much more difficult for healing to occur and that can cause severe medical problems. Good luck!

debby

In a message dated 12/19/01 6:45:17 PM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

NOW, if your cousin has it, then you might consider having the blood screening since it IS a genetic and familial problemDear Debby: Thanks for the info. I will ask my doc about it. I've had small intestine problems for years that they've never been able to pinpoint. I've had 3 upper GI's in my life and after each one they told me that I had Crohn's disease. Then when they've done a followup colonoscopy, they've told me 'no' I don't have it. My cousin has been on me to get tested for Celiac. I know I'm sensitive to some grains in that they always give me nausea or heartburn. Breakfast cereal really bothers me. It seems the more processed it is, the better I can handle it. For instance, whole wheat bread bothers me, but white bread doesn't. The next time I see my GI, I'll ask him to include the Celiac test in my regular blood work. Now, here's a stupid question...what is DH? Kathy (AIH) Seattle area

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/1/02 8:14:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, sunshinedotson@... writes:

I am going to see the optomologist this month because things are NOT clear anymore for me visually.

Make sure they know if you're taking Prednisone, which can increase your risk for glaucoma and cataracts.

Harper

Guest guest

So glad you are staying!!! debby PS...I like the new print

debby

[ ] debby

In a message dated 1/1/02 11:56:22 AM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

PLEASE BERT...do not leave! Those who have problems with the capitals are basically talking about chats-at least, that is what I thought..i am here. not going away, i did sign off, but realized that i was being all upset for nothing...and signed back in again....i really had a horrible day today, moody as h**and shaking really bad, plus the dumb p.m.s. thing....thanks for your kind words.will post tomorrow after scan.take care,bert.

Guest guest

Harper, that is the reason I am going to the doctor. The appointment clerk checked with the doctor before making the appointment because she wanted to make sure that it would be covered by my medical insurance. I have both a vision plan and medical coverage. However, medical will not cover an eye exam if there is not a medical condition....so I have to jump through hoops before going in. Hopefully they will be able to see if there is a problem.debby

Re: [ ] debby

In a message dated 1/1/02 8:14:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, sunshinedotson@... writes:

I am going to see the optomologist this month because things are NOT clear anymore for me visually. Make sure they know if you're taking Prednisone, which can increase your risk for glaucoma and cataracts. Harper

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/3/02 8:56:23 PM Pacific Standard Time, seafarer52@... writes:

I always thought tylenol wasn't good for the liver. I know I can't take it.

Ann CT

exactly what i was told too!!

don't want debby, to get worse with other issues...she has enough on her plate!!

hugs..

bert.

Guest guest

I always thought tylenol wasn't good for the liver. I know I can't take it. Ann CT [ ] debby In a message dated 1/3/02 1:00:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes: Well, I have had better. I had this pain in my right back last night, so took two codeine/tylenol for the pain. sorry debby that you were up all night.(hugs)but isn't the ty. toxic for your liver?why would the doc. let you take that?hugs..bert.

Guest guest

I guess I should have specified that it was Vicodin. But that is what I thought it was codeine and tylenol....could be mistaken. Yes, Tylenol is not good for the liver, but my GI said once in a while is OK...the thing that bothers me the most is the the detached feeling from mind and body when I take the vicodin. Then, when I come down off of the pills, I get mean...not a happy camper. So, I DON'T take it unless I just can't stand the pain and last night was one of those nights! So I took them...I just wanted to sleep pain free. Well...it didn't work! I was still up and then the itching! TONIGHT I AM going to sleep! Don't know how, but I will sleep tonight!

debby

[ ] debby

In a message dated 1/3/02 1:00:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

Well, I have had better. I had this pain in my right back last night, so took two codeine/tylenol for the pain. sorry debby that you were up all night.(hugs)but isn't the ty. toxic for your liver?why would the doc. let you take that?hugs..bert.

Guest guest

Dear Debby:

I have a real hard time with Vicoden, too. It gives me horrible nightmares and has actually made me hallucinate (nasty physical hallucinations, too). I always list it with drug allergies even though technically I'm not allergic to it...just sensitive. I've had a real hard time finding a pain med for the chronic left side pain that I have. Percocet works, but makes me itch. If I take it long enough I'll break out in a rash, too. I now take codeine elixir (which is really a cough medicine). It doesn't help the pain that much, but really helps me to sleep. The real irony is that it doesn't work when I have a cough! :)

Kathy (AIH)

Seattle area

Guest guest

Kathy. I have tried to put Vicodin on allergies, but the doctors just laugh at me! Well...maybe not laugh, but they do question it. You brought up a point about nightmares. It does that for me too! The bizarre dreams! WHOA! Enough to send me to the state hospital if I ever told about them! Last night I had more of those dreams, for it takes several days to get out of my system! I am always glad when I wake up!

I hear you on the cough medicine! That cough medicine works on everything BUT a cough! Have a great day!

debby

Dear Debby:I have a real hard time with Vicoden, too. It gives me horrible nightmares and has actually made me hallucinate (nasty physical hallucinations, too). I always list it with drug allergies even though technically I'm not allergic to it...just sensitive. I've had a real hard time finding a pain med for the chronic left side pain that I have. Percocet works, but makes me itch. If I take it long enough I'll break out in a rash, too. I now take codeine elixir (which is really a cough medicine). It doesn't help the pain that much, but really helps me to sleep. The real irony is that it doesn't work when I have a cough! :)Kathy (AIH)Seattle area

Guest guest

Thanks Ann. I am hoping to be able to sleep too! I finally got to sleep last night and did pretty good overall! Now, I have to relearn how to get up at 5:30 AM now that my Christmas vacation is nearing the end. That will stop the late nights up and sleeping in! Once I get really tired, I will be able to sleep. Also, I have started back to acupuncture and that helps me sleep too!

debby

[ ] debby

In a message dated 1/3/02 1:00:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

Well, I have had better. I had this pain in my right back last night, so took two codeine/tylenol for the pain. sorry debby that you were up all night.(hugs)but isn't the ty. toxic for your liver?why would the doc. let you take that?hugs..bert.

Guest guest

My niece's exhusband told me to have my hubby hit me over the head with a hammer....and then my hubby walked through the kitchen with a hammer....nearly died with laughter!

debby

In a message dated 1/3/02 9:09:23 PM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

I just can't stand the pain and last night was one of those nights! So I took them...I just wanted to sleep pain free. Well...it didn't work! I was still up and then the itching! TONIGHT I AM going to sleep! Don't know how, but I will sleep tonight!debbyAAWWWWEE...hope you get some rest dear!!have someone knock you out with a bully-club or something....LOL!no, really...hope you find someway to sleep....this pred. is started to have the alnight effect on me....i can sleep some, but only bec. of the amitrip....can you take that to help ou sleep?hugs...bert.

Guest guest

Oh yes.....dog dog does that all! In fact, she was groomed yesterday and they paint her nails! Oh...the dog even crosses her front paws when she is lying down. Ohhhhh they are funny dogs. Not at all my preference for dogs.

Our favorite dogs are lab mixes. We had a Malamute/Lab mix. Mama Lu was wonderful! She was my hubby's dog. We got her at the pound. Those are our kind of REAL dogs...real pound puppies! Then, my niece got a dog from one of her teachers. It is a Rot/Lab mix. She was my puppy until my daughter moved out. Then she took my dog to be her dog!

debby

[ ] debby

In a message dated 1/5/02 4:57:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

Well, at least she is nice at night and barks when there are people around the house!debbymy jack russell, NEVER SHUTS UP!i feel like shooting her sometimes..LOL!but she does/is protecting the house though,which is very important!!i think poodles are just the cutest lil' darlings, but they act so stuck up, they remind me of ROYALTY. always groomed perfectly; nails so long and pretty; and actually prance when they walk..LOL! does your doggy do this? LOL!p.s. do you know what they say about animals behavior?? ....they take after their MASTERS!! LOLOL!!my dog never shuts up!...neither do i! :)does your doggy take after you debby???i just love giving you a hard time!!ttyl,bert. :)

Guest guest

Not funny when you have to keep buying them!

[ ] debby

In a message dated 1/6/02 1:11:55 PM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

LOL! We have lost stuff too! Mostly underwear, bras, stuffed animals! At least your dog has class! debbydebby,thats tooooooo......funny!!!!!!!!bert. : )

Guest guest

You are way too funny!

debby

[ ] debby

In a message dated 1/6/02 5:42:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

Not funny when you have to keep buying them!i am sorry debby..(LAUGHING HARD)wanna borrow mine????? you said you could use bigger ones!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!bert. : )