RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Kidney Stones

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Always a pleasure to hear from you, Kandy! :))

Re: Re: Kidney stones

Date: Friday, December 31, 2010, 1:03 PM

I have worked in the urology industry for over 20 years - without giving you my boring history - I worked for the company that invented the technology that breaks up kidney stones. If there is one thing I am very well educated in, it is kidney stones - they were my life for close to 20 years - not only did I perform the treatments, I taught the surgeons and ancillary staff how to perform the treatments! (I'm now in another field completely - travel! Way more fun!!)

Guest guest

Kelley,Let me echo the thanks for the information.  My cat was just diagnosed with kidney stones and this helps me in deciding about her future treatment plus is great incentive for making sure that I too drink more water going forward!

Elissa

Guest guest

I just want to say " me too " and thank you and happy new year to everyone who shares info on this group list.  I wish I had know of this group sooner.  I am very happy to have discovered you.  People sharing info and ideas about vitamix and good health without members scolding " off topic " .  This group reminds me of the very early days of Prodigy bulletin boards or Freenet over 25 years ago.  Finding you makes my new vitamix worth twice what I paid!!  :-)  Anyhow, thanks and Happy New Year to everyone.  Arlene in Ohio

PS  What are some of the recommended bottled waters??  On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 2:34 PM, KK <ducksback1@...> wrote:

Well I find this information very informative. I have poor functioning kidneys and have learned the hard way to DRINK WATER...I was also suffering my from very bad leg cramps, in the shin bone areas. Once I upped my water intake they have completely subsided. We tend to forget how important our free drink is! I was not bored one bit!!!!

Kandy

From: Kelley Austin <kelaus@...>Subject: Re: Re: Kidney stones

Date: Friday, December 31, 2010, 1:03 PM

I have worked in the urology industry for over 20 years - without giving you my boring history - I worked for the company that invented the technology that breaks up kidney stones.  If there is one thing I am very well educated in, it is kidney stones - they were my life for close to 20 years - not only did I perform the treatments, I taught the surgeons and ancillary staff how to perform the treatments! (I'm now in another field completely - travel!  Way more fun!!)

Guest guest

I've enjoyed your information. Keep it coming!EileenFrom: "kelaus@..." <kelaus@...> Sent: Fri, December 31, 2010 11:18:02 AMSubject: Re: Kidney stones

the amount of Calcium in baby lettuce can vary - but there usually is much less than in the darker leafy greens.

Arugula has the same amount of calcium as Spinach but is lower in Oxalates. It is often the oxalates that are blocking the absorption - not the calcium.

I hope my information is not causing people to want to avoid Spinach and Kale - that is not my intent!! I personally have Spinach every day - often more than once a day and have done so for years. I'm not a big fan of Kale - but I am going to try it again in the new year.

Here's an Arugula smoothie recipe that can be modified for the vitamix (less water, add ice)

Arugula Green Smoothie

2 cups water

1 bunch arugula

1 pear

2 bananas

pinch (or more!) nutmeg

Blend and enjoy!

>

> WOW - thanks for all the info . I usually buy about 2 pounds of

> organic spinach a week plus 2 bunches of kale and have at least one green

> smoothie per day. I think I will cut back to 1 pound and try other non

> sweet greens such as baby lettuces and arugula. Are they ok?

>

> The other Leanne

>

Guest guest

I have taken calcium supplements for a while and never had a out-of-range

calcium value. I had my vitamix about 2 months when my labs were drawn and the

calcium was a little high. Do you think the the spinach and kale smoothies

could be the reason? I have been adding those specific greens to almost every

smoothie I make so I was eating at least 1/2 to 1 pound of organic spinach a

week. I have discontinued the calcium supplement (but not the smoothies - maybe

I'll slow down a bit, though) and will make sure my water intake stays high to

be hydrated.

There was a big discussion on this loop a while back about drinking large

amounts of water and that discussion refocused my desire to consume quite a bit

more water than I had been. That may have saved me from my spinach smoothies!

I have learned so much from these conversations. A glass of water sounds good

about now!

Thank you for sharing.

>

> Anyways.. if I had one bit of advice to give you (not that you asked!!) -

> water, water, water!! Yes, spinach and kale are stone forming culprits.

> however, both can be enjoyed in moderation as long as you have appropriate

> amounts of water intake. >

Guest guest

Im looking for a remedy/purge/enema for kidney stones.

I reacll someone posting one based on grapefruityand olive oil for gallstones an

dliver cleanse.

CAn anyone make a recommendation?

Nuala

Guest guest

Chiropractic can help kidney stones. It does not, unfortunately, help

gallstones.

Jaye

>

> http://www.buzzle.com/articles/kidney-stones-alternative-treatments-which-on

> e-is-right-for-you.html

>

>

>

>

> _____

>

> I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>

> .

> SPAMfighter has removed 1880 of my spam emails to date.

>

> Do you have a slow PC? <http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen>

> Try free scan!

>

Guest guest

What you describe is a classis calcium deficiency syndrome. I'll bet she has trouble sleeping as well and may even have some GERD in there.

She will not absorb the calcium supplements.

HCl is a necessary component for that, not more calcium.

When a person needs one nutrient that is part of a group, the entire set of nutrients is needed in order for the one to work well ... remember your basic chemistry here: when one ingredient needed for a process is missing, the entire process will shut down, not go around the problem. Yes, added calcium is needed but cannot work with out all the others.

Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com

From: drscott@...Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:03:17 -0700Subject: Kidney stones

My sister in law has had mega-yeast infiltration since high school when she was put on antibiotics for mono.Now she has 2 kidney stones around 1 cm. each...too big to pass; maybe Lithotripsy soon.Hx of osteoporosis but the drug for it increases oxylates (?) precipitating more stones.Nephrologist put her on a low oxalate diet reducing wheat/potatoes/nuts/ berries.She is on calcium supplements because she is “not absorbing”.(Isn’t that the weird reasoning where your rib cartiladge calcifies BECAUSE you are low in calcium so your body liberates it from your bones?)She is now on calcitriol and a 1/2 dosage of phosomax.They say her system is extrememly ALKYLINE.Fascinating case.I’m no biochemist but my right brain is telling me that they are in the “whack-a-mole” stage of treating the adaptive response to her long standing chronic illness. E. Abrahamson, D.C.Chiropractic physicianLake Oswego Chiropractic Clinic315 Second StreetLake Oswego, OR 97034503-635-6246Website: http://www.lakeoswegochiro.com

Guest guest

Has not slept in 40 years.

Will follow up.

Thanks!

E. Abrahamson, D.C.

Chiropractic physician

Lake Oswego Chiropractic Clinic

315 Second Street

Lake Oswego, OR 97034

503-635-6246

Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:21:10 -0700

Abrahamson <drscott@...>, < >

Subject: RE: Kidney stones

What you describe is a classis calcium deficiency syndrome. I'll bet she has trouble sleeping as well and may even have some GERD in there.

She will not absorb the calcium supplements.

HCl is a necessary component for that, not more calcium.

When a person needs one nutrient that is part of a group, the entire set of nutrients is needed in order for the one to work well ... remember your basic chemistry here: when one ingredient needed for a process is missing, the entire process will shut down, not go around the problem. Yes, added calcium is needed but cannot work with out all the others.

Sunny

Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC

Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon

2677 Willakenzie Road, 7C

Eugene, Oregon, 97401

541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834

www.drsunnykierstyn.com <http://www.drsunnykierstyn.com/>

Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:03:17 -0700

Subject: Kidney stones

My sister in law has had mega-yeast infiltration since high school when she was put on antibiotics for mono.

Now she has 2 kidney stones around 1 cm. each...too big to pass; maybe Lithotripsy soon.

Hx of osteoporosis but the drug for it increases oxylates (?) precipitating more stones.

Nephrologist put her on a low oxalate diet reducing wheat/potatoes/nuts/ berries.

She is on calcium supplements because she is “not absorbing”.

(Isn’t that the weird reasoning where your rib cartiladge calcifies BECAUSE you are low in calcium so your body liberates it from your bones?)

She is now on calcitriol and a 1/2 dosage of phosomax.

They say her system is extrememly ALKYLINE.

Fascinating case.

I’m no biochemist but my right brain is telling me that they are in the “whack-a-mole” stage of treating the adaptive response to her long standing chronic illness.

E. Abrahamson, D.C.

Chiropractic physician

Lake Oswego Chiropractic Clinic

315 Second Street

Lake Oswego, OR 97034

503-635-6246

Website: http://www.lakeoswegochiro.com <http://www.lakeoswegochiro.com/>

Guest guest

Agree completely! New Chapter's Bone Health products address the alkalinity-absorption problem with sea vegetable based sources (rather than rocks) and needed synergists. It also worked well on an interesting case of "growing pains" following aggressive exercise in a mid-teen who was not resolving with normally curative soft tissue protocols. Discovered he's vegan and Bone Health 75% resolved in two days. Tum's calcium in an anti-acid, as Sunny said, what a joke! http://www.newchapter.com/bone-health Sears, DC, IAYT1218 NW 21st AvePortland, Oregon 97209v: 503-225-0255f: 503-525-6902www.docbones.comOn May 20, 2011, at 2:21 PM, Sunny Kierstyn wrote: , What you describe is a classis calcium deficiency syndrome. I'll bet she has trouble sleeping as well and may even have some GERD in there. She will not absorb the calcium supplements. HCl is a necessary component for that, not more calcium. When a person needs one nutrient that is part of a group, the entire set of nutrients is needed in order for the one to work well ... remember your basic chemistry here: when one ingredient needed for a process is missing, the entire process will shut down, not go around the problem. Yes, added calcium is needed but cannot work with out all the others. Sunny Sunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com From: drscott@...Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:03:17 -0700Subject: Kidney stones My sister in law has had mega-yeast infiltration since high school when she was put on antibiotics for mono.Now she has 2 kidney stones around 1 cm. each...too big to pass; maybe Lithotripsy soon.Hx of osteoporosis but the drug for it increases oxylates (?) precipitating more stones.Nephrologist put her on a low oxalate diet reducing wheat/potatoes/nuts/ berries.She is on calcium supplements because she is “not absorbing”.(Isn’t that the weird reasoning where your rib cartiladge calcifies BECAUSE you are low in calcium so your body liberates it from your bones?)She is now on calcitriol and a 1/2 dosage of phosomax.They say her system is extrememly ALKYLINE.Fascinating case.I’m no biochemist but my right brain is telling me that they are in the “whack-a-mole” stage of treating the adaptive response to her long standing chronic illness. E. Abrahamson, D.C.Chiropractic physicianLake Oswego Chiropractic Clinic315 Second StreetLake Oswego, OR 97034503-635-6246Website: http://www.lakeoswegochiro.com