RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

5-HTP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi , I also started 5htp yesterday, I started ldN recently 4.5 right away and did not have any side effects for the first week thereafter I started to wake up at 2 or 3 or 4 am and could not sleep anymore. Very frustrating but yet I know this also will pass.As far as I know there I not much data of possible side effects caused by 5htp. In any case I will not be taking this for a long time maybe 1 or 2 weeks till my sleep pattern regulates itself again.Sent from my iPhoneOn Feb 7, 2011, at 11:46 AM, Nicholls <peter.nicholls@...> wrote:

good day - just started on 5-htp and are there any side effects ?ldn - may have asked this before so forgive me, no sleep depreviation as 1st month 1ml, 2nd month 2ml, 3rd month uped to 4ml. getting hot and cold flushes and wondered has anyone else felt like this ?appreciate any replythanks peter

Guest guest

Hi there, I don't know if you are in the UK or not but could you tell me what brand of 5htp you are taking? I would like to give it a try.Many thanksAliCC: low dose naltrexone To: peter.nicholls@...From: myhealth27@...Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 15:28:45 -0500Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] 5-HTP

Hi , I also started 5htp yesterday, I started ldN recently 4.5 right away and did not have any side effects for the first week thereafter I started to wake up at 2 or 3 or 4 am and could not sleep anymore. Very frustrating but yet I know this also will pass.As far as I know there I not much data of possible side effects caused by 5htp. In any case I will not be taking this for a long time maybe 1 or 2 weeks till my sleep pattern regulates itself again.Sent from my iPhoneOn Feb 7, 2011, at 11:46 AM, Nicholls <peter.nicholls@...> wrote:

good day - just started on 5-htp and are there any side effects ?ldn - may have asked this before so forgive me, no sleep depreviation as 1st month 1ml, 2nd month 2ml, 3rd month uped to 4ml. getting hot and cold flushes and wondered has anyone else felt like this ?appreciate any replythanks peter

Guest guest

The only real side effect of 5-htp can be sleepiness for the first couple

of weeks. That is why it is recommended to start by taking it at night to

take advantage of the sleepiness. After a couple of weeks generally it

goes away, but improved sleep is almost always achieved on a lasting

basis. If you decide to increase your dose, that is best done in

increments, at 2 week intervals, splitting the dose night and morning.

--

>good day - just started on 5-htp and are there any side effects ?

>

>ldn - may have asked this before so forgive me, no sleep depreviation as

>1st month 1ml, 2nd month 2ml, 3rd month uped to 4ml. getting hot and cold

>flushes and wondered has anyone else felt like this ?

>

>appreciate any reply

>

>thanks peter

>

>

>

>

~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

--A.J. Muste

Guest guest

,I get the hot flashes with LDN. I e-mailed Dr. Zagon and he told me to try the ldn every other day. I was taking 3mg at night. I did skip a few doses and went every other day but noticed in the last couple of days that my eyes are getting worst again. I am going back to taking it every night and may skip a night once a week. Dr. Zagon said that some people do not metabolize it as well so it builds up in their system.This is what he wrote very interesting.Dear :

Please read what I wrote on how LDN

does its job. 3 mg with your pharmacology is lasting too long in your body.

Hence, you are creating havoc because blocking opioids and opioid receptors

does not allow the wonderful things that opioids do - for example, diminish

pain. There are others just like you, so don't think you are alone. And

many of these folks have been on LDN (generally 3 mg) for years. But the

body is adapting its metabolism and the liver (where this happens) is slowing

down the pharmacokinetics of the LDN - so the LDN at 3 mg you are taking is

like taking 10 mg or higher. What to do - go down to 1 mg - and start

every day - but if you have pain and problems see how every other day - or

every third day does. We just did a study to be published that shows LDN

(and the opioid growth factor - OGF - which is how LDN really works) wiith one

exposure can last one week.

Dr. Zagon

From: Nicholls <peter.nicholls@...>"low dose naltrexone " <low dose naltrexone >Sent: Mon, February 7, 2011 11:46:21 AMSubject: [low dose naltrexone] 5-HTP

Guest guest

Hi all, What are the expected benefits of 5-HTP, in other words, why are you taking it please? Steve

Guest guest

That is correct what Zagon’s studies are showing, that in some Naltrexone can last up to one week.  Please see an excerpt of an email he sent me a couple of weeks ago:- . A paper in Head & Neck showing that OGF, LDN, and imiquimod all can change the OGF-OGFr axis and vastly improve these types of cancers. And - get this - LDN and especially OGF - can be taken once/week and you can get the same effect as daily administration. No pre-citation yet. Papers published recently: 1. Naltrexone enters cells by passive diffusion. This means immediately - and shows why this is so fast acting.Passive diffusion of naltrexone into human and animal cells and upregulation of cell proliferation.Cheng F, McLaughlin PJ, Banks WA, Zagon IS.Jayne Crocker www.LDNNow.comImportant! Please sign our LDN petition to the European Parliament by clicking heretel: +44 (0) 7877 492 669Dr Steele MBE, talking about LDNLDNNow are a political/pressure group of individuals dedicated to getting Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) accepted into modern medicine and trialled for the myriad of uses it shows benefit for. . From: low dose naltrexone [mailto:low dose naltrexone ] On Behalf Of DebruyckerSent: 08 February 2011 22:48 Nicholls; low dose naltrexone Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] 5-HTP , I get the hot flashes with LDN. I e-mailed Dr. Zagon and he told me to try the ldn every other day. I was taking 3mg at night. I did skip a few doses and went every other day but noticed in the last couple of days that my eyes are getting worst again. I am going back to taking it every night and may skip a night once a week. Dr. Zagon said that some people do not metabolize it as well so it builds up in their system. This is what he wrote very interesting. Dear : Please read what I wrote on how LDN does its job. 3 mg with your pharmacology is lasting too long in your body. Hence, you are creating havoc because blocking opioids and opioid receptors does not allow the wonderful things that opioids do - for example, diminish pain. There are others just like you, so don't think you are alone. And many of these folks have been on LDN (generally 3 mg) for years. But the body is adapting its metabolism and the liver (where this happens) is slowing down the pharmacokinetics of the LDN - so the LDN at 3 mg you are taking is like taking 10 mg or higher. What to do - go down to 1 mg - and start every day - but if you have pain and problems see how every other day - or every third day does. We just did a study to be published that shows LDN (and the opioid growth factor - OGF - which is how LDN really works) wiith one exposure can last one week. Dr. Zagon From: Nicholls <peter.nicholls@...> " low dose naltrexone " <low dose naltrexone >Sent: Mon, February 7, 2011 11:46:21 AMSubject: [low dose naltrexone] 5-HTP good day - just started on 5-htp and are there any side effects ?ldn - may have asked this before so forgive me, no sleep depreviation as 1st month 1ml, 2nd month 2ml, 3rd month uped to 4ml. getting hot and cold flushes and wondered has anyone else felt like this ?appreciate any replythanks peter

Guest guest

If it is so,then they have dramatically to fix their liver.

And that is the problem with dr zagon,that he does not

understand holistic medecine

I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter.SPAMfighter has removed 1883 of my spam emails to date.Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!