RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Cold sweats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

They are told what to do by the BTA - but the BTA never back up their reasons why with evidence - and it seems doctors don't care about that. However, what they do care about is daring to go outside the BTA recommendations in fear of being brought before the GMC and risking their livelihood. The recommendations in the UK is that you start at 50 mcgs L-thyroxine, but if you have a heart problem or you are older, you start at 25 mcgs and increase by increments of 25 mcgs thereafter - depending, of course, on what your blood results show. If only doctors treated until the symptoms had gone, they would realise in the UK that their patients do often need a much higher dose that those they recommend. 150mcgs in the UK is the recognised 'average' dose.

Luv - Sheila

You know, it's very interesting what you said about the US having a much higher level of T4 supplementation than the UK. I read so many articles, and they all say that 100 mcg is just the starting point.... - I don't understand why doctors are so reluctant to sufficiently supplement. - Just look at our doggy friends - my dog, who weighs 34 kg, gets 1.6 mg per day ... that is 1600 mcg of thyroxine per day !! I weigh 60 kg, and I get 100 mcg = 0.1 mg per day.... I know, they have a different metabolism, but still....

Love,

xx

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.14/1645 - Release Date: 01/09/2008 07:19