RemedySpot.com

Holly

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

Well im not sure, i dont want to speak too soon, but i am having

very little activity! I guess its been that way for about 3-4 days. I

still think its too good to be true.

I have been religious about the ESP, diatomaceous earth (big help)

and now the orange oil seems to have helped immensely. I also

religiously use ammonia in the wash cycle (prob about a cup per load)

I started baking shoes, blankets and towels today. I want to give it

some more time before i can say for sure...but thanks for checking on

me, and heres hoping!!

>

> Holly, You sound like you are still doing good!

> are you at the point of having a few days per week with very low/no

> activity? or are you pretty much free of them now!!!

> z

>

Holly

I know you will be holding your breath right now. But you are very

close to the finish line if you have had that many days in a row with

low activity. Obviously its time to push harder....adding in the

baking of your clothing is a good idea.

I made the mistake of being so so tired, that once I felt I had a tight

grip on this, I allowed myself to relax just a little...which as you

may imagine was the worst thing to do....but at the time I couldnt see

the finish line, and just wanted a rest.

I am really happy for you! you are almost there....When we reached 4

days out of a week with low activity, we were only about 2 weeks from

the end....everyone is different....but it is a very very good sign.

z

Its amazing, i only started the diatomaceous earth on November 2nd

and the ESP a few days later. I dried the soap on again last night,

and the crawling increased a bit, but i think its just stirring them

up. I am going to continue baking clothes, blankets, towels, shoes,

and whatever else i can find that fits in the oven, lol, and using

the orange oil.

The only thing lost was nursing my baby. She isnt interested in

going back to it. I battled a painful clogged duct during the time i

stopped nursing, so my supply is low. I am pumping to supplement her,

she is sick right now. Hopefully i can get the supply back up to be

able to save some to have on hand in case she gets sick again. Thanks

for all of your help.

How have you and your family been?

~LOVE

PS the baking times that i am using is 200 degrees for 20 minutes,

then i feel the inside of the item to see if the heat has penetrated.

If not another 20 minutes.

>

> Holly

> I know you will be holding your breath right now. But you are very

> close to the finish line if you have had that many days in a row

with

> low activity. Obviously its time to push harder....adding in the

> baking of your clothing is a good idea.

>

> I made the mistake of being so so tired, that once I felt I had a

tight

> grip on this, I allowed myself to relax just a little...which as

you

> may imagine was the worst thing to do....but at the time I couldnt

see

> the finish line, and just wanted a rest.

>

> I am really happy for you! you are almost there....When we reached

> days out of a week with low activity, we were only about 2 weeks

from

> the end....everyone is different....but it is a very very good sign.

>

> z

>

> >

> > Holly

> > I know you will be holding your breath right now. But you are

very

> > close to the finish line if you have had that many days in a row

> with

> > low activity. Obviously its time to push harder....adding in the

> > baking of your clothing is a good idea.

> >

> > I made the mistake of being so so tired, that once I felt I had a

> tight

> > grip on this, I allowed myself to relax just a little...which as

> you

> > may imagine was the worst thing to do....but at the time I

couldnt

> see

> > the finish line, and just wanted a rest.

> >

> > I am really happy for you! you are almost there....When we

reached

> 4

> > days out of a week with low activity, we were only about 2 weeks

> from

> > the end....everyone is different....but it is a very very good

sign.

> >

> > z

> >

>

oopsy I think I just sent an empty post

We are doing fine, looking forward to the holiday season which was

all but eclipsed by this mite plague last year...we melted our

christmas tree, and all the christmas toys I had hidden in the

cupboards while heat treating.....I cant wait to have a nice

christmas this year, and make it up to my girls.

I will be praying that you and your children have a mite free

christmas this year as well!!!!!! its extremely possible!!!!!

About the crawling with the soap on, others have experienced that

too. It will keep getting better. And I am so glad to hear that the

DE is working so well for your environment!!

At this point you have found something that is working. Just keep

going with what you are doing, and perhaps do it more often even, so

that you will catch up to their population...

Give that sick baby a hug from all of us, Your baby is so lucky to

have such a good mom!

z

• 7 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Holly. If your dad is going to sleep on the couch, then the couch has to be covered in plastic. That twin sized Ozark air mattress from Walmart's camping section does not have velor on it and you can wash it in the shower and wipe dry. it takes less than 5 minutes. The velor will harbor the mites. I know, I repeat myself.... lol... sorry.

mel

From: Judy Reynolds <jreynolds009@...>Subject: Re: Re: Movedbird mites Date: Monday, July 6, 2009, 5:52 PM

Dear Holly,

Your bright and shiny spirit lifted me up when I needed it, and I'm so sorry to hear of your set-back. We had one too right after you moved when the dog and my husband brought some of the monsters in from the yard and we had to get busy - what helped is that we already had things in place (still have the residual Bifen/Nylar on the baseboards and DeltaDust and DE behind walls) and the usual stuff on hand. We got a few gallons of Cedarcide, fogged, and a few days later I replaced the DE all over, and have been burning menthol crystals, and we sprayed the yard again. The Cedarcide is expensive - and not a permanent answer but sure can give you a jump start in the environment when followed up with other measures. The fogger gets it into everything and it's not poison like some of the stuff we use. Mel is right - carpets need to go, get rid of as much fabric furniture as possible

and seal up mattress/boxsprings or replace with air mattress. You know all this, I feel so helpless to try to advise - just know my heart aches for you and as Rita says, you can do this. You're in a fresh environment and will probably have to work on that again - ugh is right! Hang in there - it will get better!

All my best,

Judy

Re: Moved

Ha! You are so funny! I emptied a whole bottle of orange guard and Rp'd on top of it. Still no go. I paid more attention to the things in the back of the truck than i did to the front of it. Mistake! Our stuff is clear, and the inside is clearing up with menthol crystal burning, but we cant breathe or see when we drive LOL. Im also afraid to put the baby in there, so im going to try the CO2 tank before i go in it again. After that i may try emptying a couple of bottles of Raid...Im desperate. Good Luck to youHolly> >> > and brought the mites with me. What a nightmare. I dont have regular internet access here, but we are living with my dad, and still doing battle. Luckily my infestation

is extremely light so im hoping not to infect my dad or anyone else. My truck is my problem spot, and keeps reinfecting me. I have tried everything.. .spraying, dry ice, burning menthol crystals has been the biggest help so far. Will keep posted..> > Love to all'> > holly> >>

Guest guest

this is GREAT advice, we got him one yesterday. He sleeps on it over two shower

curtain liners. Thank you

> > >

> > > and brought the mites with me. What a nightmare. I dont have regular

internet access here, but we are living with my dad, and still doing battle.

Luckily my infestation is extremely light so im hoping not to infect my dad or

anyone else. My truck is my problem spot, and keeps reinfecting me. I have tried

everything.. .spraying, dry ice, burning menthol crystals has been the biggest

help so far. Will keep posted..

> > > Love to all'

> > > holly

> > >

> >

>

• 3 months later...

Holly,

Your story really touches my heart. I also lost a child a wonderful 13 month old who went to Heaven 6 years ago this December. What a wonderful idea the build a bears were. We make them with our kids and every year it makes me sad when I think how never got to build one (we go at Christmas and we lost her on Dec.9th). I wanted you to know I will be thinking about and praying for you and your family, Kellie

From: Holly <holls2367@...>autism Sent: Thu, October 29, 2009 3:07:12 PMSubject: Re: How to get a handle on behavior when there is a death in the family?

Being angry is a normal reaction, they just don't know how to handle the emotion. Our son age 6 was very upset when his brother past away. He was very angry. This may be out of her age range but we took our children to build a bear workshop and they each picked out an animal and whatever they wanted. They made it for their brother and took it to him so he could take it up to heaven with him. Since we buried our son in another state we left all our other children with friends for a couple of days. We thought the funeral and viewing would be to difficult for them they thought that Heavenly Father came down and literally took Braiden to heaven. At the age of 6,5,and 2 we just let him think that. maybe your daughter could go to build a bear and build him a bear in a way to say good bye since she did not get a chance to. They go through this whole routine of giving your bear a heart, giving him a wish and lot of

love etc. It was even healing for me as a mom to make him a bear. About a month later we took them back to build a bear and had them build one to remember their brother by, since the bears they made went up to heaven with Braiden.

Holly

From: Exceptional <exceptionalmom>Subject: How to get a handle on behavior when there is a death in the family?AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 3:31 PM

Hey Gang,I have a situation I could really use some advice on.My Grandpa passed away yesterday and my 18yr old daughter with Asperger's is not handling it well at all. During the crisis, she did quite well with the ambulance, police, and fire department. My Grandpa fell yesterday morning possibly due to a heart attack, he smashed is nose on the floor so there was a lot of blood. My Dad was going to fix something for him yesterday morning and went over to his apartment and found him. I got a frantic call from my Mom after I got back from dropping my other daughter off at school so and I raced over there with my 18yr old. When we got there, the police were treating it as a crime scene until they prove otherwise. I did not let my daughter go into the apartment, we sat in the commons area until my parents came out when the police were done. The funeral people came shortly afterwards, and my Mom asked them to not remove the body until I

left with my daughter because we just felt it was best that she not see what the fall had done to his face. Adrienne was appropriate in everyway throughout that ordeal. She even said "I wish Grandpa could wake up so I could say Good-bye". So she seemed to understand. Last night and today are totally different stories. She is raging, very aggressive and very angry. We decided to not have her go to the wake and funeral tomorrow. My greatest fear is that she will attack my grandfather in his casket. I will absolutely puke if that were to happen... I don't do well with "bodies" as it is. Taking a picture of my Grandpa and drawing a circle around him and then a line through the circle (like a no smoking sign) doesn't seem "right" in my mind but I will do what I have to do to help her. This is why I am wondering if any of you have any ideas or suggestions as I am at a loss for ideas right now and trying to grieve in my own way that won't upset her any

more than she already is. Thanks for your help!

Holly,

Your story really touches my heart. I also lost a child a wonderful 13 month old who went to Heaven 6 years ago this December. What a wonderful idea the build a bears were. We make them with our kids and every year it makes me sad when I think how never got to build one (we go at Christmas and we lost her on Dec.9th). I wanted you to know I will be thinking about and praying for you and your family, Kellie

From: Holly <holls2367@...>autism Sent: Thu, October 29, 2009 3:07:12 PMSubject: Re: How to get a handle on behavior when there is a death in the family?

Being angry is a normal reaction, they just don't know how to handle the emotion. Our son age 6 was very upset when his brother past away. He was very angry. This may be out of her age range but we took our children to build a bear workshop and they each picked out an animal and whatever they wanted. They made it for their brother and took it to him so he could take it up to heaven with him. Since we buried our son in another state we left all our other children with friends for a couple of days. We thought the funeral and viewing would be to difficult for them they thought that Heavenly Father came down and literally took Braiden to heaven. At the age of 6,5,and 2 we just let him think that. maybe your daughter could go to build a bear and build him a bear in a way to say good bye since she did not get a chance to. They go through this whole routine of giving your bear a heart, giving him a wish and lot of

love etc. It was even healing for me as a mom to make him a bear. About a month later we took them back to build a bear and had them build one to remember their brother by, since the bears they made went up to heaven with Braiden.

Holly

From: Exceptional <exceptionalmom>Subject: How to get a handle on behavior when there is a death in the family?AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 3:31 PM

Hey Gang,I have a situation I could really use some advice on.My Grandpa passed away yesterday and my 18yr old daughter with Asperger's is not handling it well at all. During the crisis, she did quite well with the ambulance, police, and fire department. My Grandpa fell yesterday morning possibly due to a heart attack, he smashed is nose on the floor so there was a lot of blood. My Dad was going to fix something for him yesterday morning and went over to his apartment and found him. I got a frantic call from my Mom after I got back from dropping my other daughter off at school so and I raced over there with my 18yr old. When we got there, the police were treating it as a crime scene until they prove otherwise. I did not let my daughter go into the apartment, we sat in the commons area until my parents came out when the police were done. The funeral people came shortly afterwards, and my Mom asked them to not remove the body until I

left with my daughter because we just felt it was best that she not see what the fall had done to his face. Adrienne was appropriate in everyway throughout that ordeal. She even said "I wish Grandpa could wake up so I could say Good-bye". So she seemed to understand. Last night and today are totally different stories. She is raging, very aggressive and very angry. We decided to not have her go to the wake and funeral tomorrow. My greatest fear is that she will attack my grandfather in his casket. I will absolutely puke if that were to happen... I don't do well with "bodies" as it is. Taking a picture of my Grandpa and drawing a circle around him and then a line through the circle (like a no smoking sign) doesn't seem "right" in my mind but I will do what I have to do to help her. This is why I am wondering if any of you have any ideas or suggestions as I am at a loss for ideas right now and trying to grieve in my own way that won't upset her any

more than she already is. Thanks for your help!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest guest

Well.had to.rush holly to vet

Temperature sky high.unsteady feet gums pale abdominal pain

And looked up the fungus aa said is the black dots

Mortierella

Amd it can cause

Ehrlichiosis in dogs

Which needs doxy

Not two days as they gave but at least 30

They upped her steroid even though I said it makin her spasm just after taking

it

And so I told about foot swarming mites last year

Told bout fungus on my feet

Told worry not just her immune system atack self but wory she got ehrlichiosis

She has everything pale gums tum pain anaemia lethargy fever low red white

plAtelets

So so gave me 150 mg doxy a day alongside steroids

But if no better tmoro they say she have to stay overnight again

Why

Shr in ten days already n no better

N if baba no long left beter be with her mama

She stil eat steroid I guess

I worry they take off doxy as they say ehrlichiosis rare

But I said so is black dots comin out skin

She looked as if she thought i.mental

So worry it my fault she ill

But never in a million years wud I of known this hapen

Poor sweet girl

My friend hung up on me as I so stressed n she cant handle it

Im going to.my doctor next week as how can.i live my life with this

If she dies n.i think to do with me

And need this,to go away

The pressure is ruining my whole life

Feel vulnerable telling vet

Exposed :-(

------------------------------

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 09:40 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>Aggi-

>I had the sandy grains. Did you get an Igenix Lyme western blot test done?

>

>Aandraya

>

>On Jul 17, 2012, at 11:04 AM, Aggi Assmann wrote:

>

>>

>> Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group and I

would like to dearly thank you once again !

>>

>> I can't wait to read about the analysis findings. Cross fingers they do find

out what is torturing us and we do

>> get some answers. I too feel like still being bothered by a fungus, that

mainly affects my hair and scalp.

>> I would love to get some ideas to resolve the problem without shaving my head

>> (Sorry SALLY, I'm afraid I'm too coward for doing this;-)

>>

>> This fungus really flares up in the afternoon and gets worse by the hour.

>> It does feel like tearing/biting/crawling sometimes and I don't know if I am

crazy, but sometimes it feels like something is falling off my hair ?! Anyone

else experienced that ?

>>

>> Also, everybody is talking about black specs/dots, but I am picking up sandy

grains off my skin (mainly from face and upper body).

>>

>> Apart from these comparatively small problems I am still doing absolutely

fine.

>> Sending a big hug to all of my friends here ! GET ALL WELL SOON !!

>> Aggi

>>

>>

>>

>> Von: mitesbegone <no_reply >

>> An: bird mites

>> Gesendet: 10:58 Sonntag, 15.Juli 2012

>> Betreff: Re: Trying to listen to what I know instead of what I

fear

>>

>>

>> Of course I will. I plan on asking them as many questions as I can think of,

and if I can't think of them all, I will call them later and ask those

questions.

>>

>> We need to understand what this fungus is. It is way too coincidental that so

many of us are tortured by mites first and then this fungus. There just can not

be that many fungi around that would manifest itself with bird mites. So, based

upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone else is

dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our health,

our homes and our living conditions, including clothing, food and personal

hygiene.

>>

>> I just hope that the testing is successful and good viable samples are found.

I truly can't imagine that it would not be successful given that it seems to be

everywhere.

>>

>> I will post answers and information the minute I have anything. And if you

think of anything else you would like me to ask, just let me know.

>>

>> Hang in there....Terry

>>

>>

>> > >

>> > >

>> > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all that

we do. But I hope everyone here continues to fight, and to hope, and to believe

in a better tomorrow.

>> > >

>> > >In prior days I tried to write an update to everyone but either got caught

up in reading the posts, or by trying to respond to them. So, this time I am

determined to first give an update.

>> > >

>> > >I had thought my problems were licked with that awful little demon of a

bird mite and its best friend the fungi, but alas, the war is not over for me.

Perhaps I have won on one front, but the fungi front has heated up. I have

discovered that this relentless foe has built its offensive weapons up while I

was distracted with wedding plans and some few days of rest.

>> > >

>> > >A couple of weeks ago, I started feeling sick, nauseous to be exact and my

back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was back to

clearing my throat and coughing every morning and throughout the day.

>> > >

>> > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats and

my left foot pain had escalated to the point where it throbbed tremendously

throughout the night to the point where I could not sleep.

>> > >

>> > >I soon began feeling those tiny pin pricks against my skin and saw the

little red dots blooming upon my chest, stomach and legs. The final straw began

when I started waking up with bloody noses.

>> > >

>> > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged within my

home. My dearest little dog also became sick and would press herself up against

me during the day and look at me with pain filled eyes, clouded over by some

kind of infection. My other dog had beat feet to the outdoors and did not care

to come inside.

>> > >

>> > >Sigh...it was a terribly hard blow, but before I could allow myself to

fall totally and completely into the doldrums. I slapped myself - HARD and

started scolding my pathetic quivering internal self saying " How could you

forget the reprieve you received which allowed you to not only return to your

home, but which allowed you to see your daughter get married in a beautiful

ceremony. Which gave you the time to enjoy family and friends...even time to

rest!! " Wow, did I feel like an ungrateful wretch. So I picked myself up off the

floor, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and marched my son out armed with a

Lysol sprayer to spray the house from top to bottom.

>> > >

>> > >The first sign of relief came within days. The bloody noses stopped and my

sore throat left me. My little dog's eyes cleared up. But, I knew it had not

gone away. I knew it had simply retreated and was planning it's next attack.

Given that the best defense is a good offense, I made contact with Dr. Sparagano

(my Professor in England). He immediately wrote me to tell me that " I could ask

my colleagues in molecular microbiology to do some molecular techniques to see

if they can identify the fungus. Let me know. " Well, Yeehaw!!

>> > >

>> > >But first, I must capture the elusive fungus. Now mind you, I have no idea

if what I am looking at is fungus or just common dirt....DRAT! So, next plan,

find a lab that does fungi testing...and I did. Contacted them last week. They

do the testing, but not the field work, however, they recommended three

companies for me to contact. And after three interviews, I found a company that

will come out and take air samples and visual samples. I explained that I wanted

them to prepare slides or swabs or whatever worked, as I wanted to send samples

to England. I explained how this fungus arrived with the mites and he was most

interested. He told me that it would take about 3 days to get the results back

from the lab in WA.

>> > >

>> > >So this Monday I am to shut up the house tight as a drum for 24 hours. And

yes, me, the son and the dogs will have to vacate to our home away from home,

the motel. They told me not to be surprised or afraid when they arrive on

Tuesday morning as they will be dressed like CSI techs. (He obviously has not

seen me in my white HAZMAT suit, goggles, Vicks coated face mask with Bounce

sheets attached to my hair before )... It was gratifying though that they take

this stuff very seriously and he is concerned about the fungus I have described.

>> > >

>> > >They will be crawling into the attic, looking under the carpets, behind

the walls and will be taking air samples inside the house in different rooms,

outside the house as well as the garage.

>> > >

>> > >Of course all this comes with a hefty price tag. But I am just so heartily

sick and tired of this fungus. And I am equally tired of hearing about how my

friends here have suffered as much and probably more than I have. And it hasn't

stopped at just this fellowship of Mitey Crusaders, but has gone on to attack

our innocent little dogs, like Holly and my little Java girl. And well, I don't

know if it is the same fungus or not, but it certainly is a good possibility I

would think. Anyway, I am hoping to have results by next Friday.

>> > >

>> > >Something he also told me which really concerned me. I told him that I had

been spraying the house with a diluted mixture of Lysol. He said that the Lysol

was good, but because I was diluting it with water, I was actually providing the

fungus with one of the three things they needed to live on, which was water, air

and organic material. I told him that it did seem to keep it down...but perhaps

that is temporary. He said he would give me something that would work better.

>> > >

>> > >Once the results come back he will be able to let me know what type of

fungus I am dealing with, how high the levels are and how to eradicate it. I

will pass this information along as soon as I get it.

>> > >

>> > >In the meantime, I am doing my best to stay as healthy as possible. Still

taking all of my anti-fungals and hope to have the results from my Lyme testing

back within a week or so.

>> > >

>> > >I have not forgotten all of you, and I know your struggles are

terrible...truly. My heart goes out to you, one and all. I hope whatever I find

out will help us all somehow.

>> > >

>> > >Just remember that " What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny

matters compared to what lies within us. "

>> > >

>> > >Stay strong, Terry

>> > >

>> > >

>> > >

>> >

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>

Guest guest

So sorry C that this nightmare continues for you.Hugs, From: "ILIKE TREES" <wherearetheangels@...>bird mites Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:04:54 AMSubject: Re: Re: hollyWell.had to.rush holly to vetTemperature sky high.unsteady feet gums pale abdominal painAnd looked up the fungus aa said is the black dots MortierellaAmd it can cause Ehrlichiosis in dogsWhich needs doxy Not two days as they gave but at least 30They upped her steroid even though I said it makin her spasm just after taking itAnd so I told about foot swarming mites last yearTold bout fungus on my feetTold worry not just her immune system atack self but wory she got ehrlichiosisShe has everything pale gums tum pain anaemia lethargy fever low red white plAtelets So so gave me 150 mg doxy a day alongside steroidsBut if no better tmoro they say she have to stay overnight againWhyShr in ten days already n no betterN if baba no long left beter be with her mamaShe stil eat steroid I guessI worry they take off doxy as they say ehrlichiosis rareBut I said so is black dots comin out skinShe looked as if she thought i.mentalSo worry it my fault she illBut never in a million years wud I of known this hapenPoor sweet girlMy friend hung up on me as I so stressed n she cant handle itIm going to.my doctor next week as how can.i live my life with thisIf she dies n.i think to do with meAnd need this,to go awayThe pressure is ruining my whole lifeFeel vulnerable telling vet Exposed :-(------------------------------On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 09:40 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:>Aggi->I had the sandy grains. Did you get an Igenix Lyme western blot test done?>>Aandraya>>On Jul 17, 2012, at 11:04 AM, Aggi Assmann wrote:>>> >> Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group and I would like to dearly thank you once again !>> >> I can't wait to read about the analysis findings. Cross fingers they do find out what is torturing us and we do>> get some answers. I too feel like still being bothered by a fungus, that mainly affects my hair and scalp.>> I would love to get some ideas to resolve the problem without shaving my head>> (Sorry SALLY, I'm afraid I'm too coward for doing this;-)>> >> This fungus really flares up in the afternoon and gets worse by the hour.>> It does feel like tearing/biting/crawling sometimes and I don't know if I am crazy, but sometimes it feels like something is falling off my hair ?! Anyone else experienced that ?>> >> Also, everybody is talking about black specs/dots, but I am picking up sandy grains off my skin (mainly from face and upper body).>> >> Apart from these comparatively small problems I am still doing absolutely fine.>> Sending a big hug to all of my friends here ! GET ALL WELL SOON !!>> Aggi>> >> >> >> Von: mitesbegone <no_reply >>> An: bird mites >> Gesendet: 10:58 Sonntag, 15.Juli 2012>> Betreff: Re: Trying to listen to what I know instead of what I fear>> >> >> Of course I will. I plan on asking them as many questions as I can think of, and if I can't think of them all, I will call them later and ask those questions.>> >> We need to understand what this fungus is. It is way too coincidental that so many of us are tortured by mites first and then this fungus. There just can not be that many fungi around that would manifest itself with bird mites. So, based upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone else is dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our health, our homes and our living conditions, including clothing, food and personal hygiene.>> >> I just hope that the testing is successful and good viable samples are found. I truly can't imagine that it would not be successful given that it seems to be everywhere.>> >> I will post answers and information the minute I have anything. And if you think of anything else you would like me to ask, just let me know.>> >> Hang in there....Terry>> >> >> > >>> > >>> > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all that we do. But I hope everyone here continues to fight, and to hope, and to believe in a better tomorrow.>> > >>> > >In prior days I tried to write an update to everyone but either got caught up in reading the posts, or by trying to respond to them. So, this time I am determined to first give an update.>> > >>> > >I had thought my problems were licked with that awful little demon of a bird mite and its best friend the fungi, but alas, the war is not over for me. Perhaps I have won on one front, but the fungi front has heated up. I have discovered that this relentless foe has built its offensive weapons up while I was distracted with wedding plans and some few days of rest.>> > >>> > >A couple of weeks ago, I started feeling sick, nauseous to be exact and my back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was back to clearing my throat and coughing every morning and throughout the day.>> > >>> > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats and my left foot pain had escalated to the point where it throbbed tremendously throughout the night to the point where I could not sleep.>> > >>> > >I soon began feeling those tiny pin pricks against my skin and saw the little red dots blooming upon my chest, stomach and legs. The final straw began when I started waking up with bloody noses.>> > >>> > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged within my home. My dearest little dog also became sick and would press herself up against me during the day and look at me with pain filled eyes, clouded over by some kind of infection. My other dog had beat feet to the outdoors and did not care to come inside.>> > >>> > >Sigh...it was a terribly hard blow, but before I could allow myself to fall totally and completely into the doldrums. I slapped myself - HARD and started scolding my pathetic quivering internal self saying "How could you forget the reprieve you received which allowed you to not only return to your home, but which allowed you to see your daughter get married in a beautiful ceremony. Which gave you the time to enjoy family and friends...even time to rest!!" Wow, did I feel like an ungrateful wretch. So I picked myself up off the floor, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and marched my son out armed with a Lysol sprayer to spray the house from top to bottom.>> > >>> > >The first sign of relief came within days. The bloody noses stopped and my sore throat left me. My little dog's eyes cleared up. But, I knew it had not gone away. I knew it had simply retreated and was planning it's next attack. Given that the best defense is a good offense, I made contact with Dr. Sparagano (my Professor in England). He immediately wrote me to tell me that "I could ask my colleagues in molecular microbiology to do some molecular techniques to see if they can identify the fungus. Let me know." Well, Yeehaw!!>> > >>> > >But first, I must capture the elusive fungus. Now mind you, I have no idea if what I am looking at is fungus or just common dirt....DRAT! So, next plan, find a lab that does fungi testing...and I did. Contacted them last week. They do the testing, but not the field work, however, they recommended three companies for me to contact. And after three interviews, I found a company that will come out and take air samples and visual samples. I explained that I wanted them to prepare slides or swabs or whatever worked, as I wanted to send samples to England. I explained how this fungus arrived with the mites and he was most interested. He told me that it would take about 3 days to get the results back from the lab in WA.>> > >>> > >So this Monday I am to shut up the house tight as a drum for 24 hours. And yes, me, the son and the dogs will have to vacate to our home away from home, the motel. They told me not to be surprised or afraid when they arrive on Tuesday morning as they will be dressed like CSI techs. (He obviously has not seen me in my white HAZMAT suit, goggles, Vicks coated face mask with Bounce sheets attached to my hair before )... It was gratifying though that they take this stuff very seriously and he is concerned about the fungus I have described.>> > >>> > >They will be crawling into the attic, looking under the carpets, behind the walls and will be taking air samples inside the house in different rooms, outside the house as well as the garage.>> > >>> > >Of course all this comes with a hefty price tag. But I am just so heartily sick and tired of this fungus. And I am equally tired of hearing about how my friends here have suffered as much and probably more than I have. And it hasn't stopped at just this fellowship of Mitey Crusaders, but has gone on to attack our innocent little dogs, like Holly and my little Java girl. And well, I don't know if it is the same fungus or not, but it certainly is a good possibility I would think. Anyway, I am hoping to have results by next Friday.>> > >>> > >Something he also told me which really concerned me. I told him that I had been spraying the house with a diluted mixture of Lysol. He said that the Lysol was good, but because I was diluting it with water, I was actually providing the fungus with one of the three things they needed to live on, which was water, air and organic material. I told him that it did seem to keep it down...but perhaps that is temporary. He said he would give me something that would work better.>> > >>> > >Once the results come back he will be able to let me know what type of fungus I am dealing with, how high the levels are and how to eradicate it. I will pass this information along as soon as I get it.>> > >>> > >In the meantime, I am doing my best to stay as healthy as possible. Still taking all of my anti-fungals and hope to have the results from my Lyme testing back within a week or so.>> > >>> > >I have not forgotten all of you, and I know your struggles are terrible...truly. My heart goes out to you, one and all. I hope whatever I find out will help us all somehow.>> > >>> > >Just remember that "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.">> > >>> > >Stay strong, Terry>> > >>> > >>> > >>> >>> >> >> >> >> >------------------------------------

Guest guest

Take her off the steroids! It makes the infections go crazy! Erlichiosis is another tick borne pathogen usually present with Lyme and it is not that uncommon. SHe just never identifies it. Very hard to test for. AadnrayaOn Jul 18, 2012, at 9:04 AM, ILIKE TREES wrote: Well.had to.rush holly to vet Temperature sky high.unsteady feet gums pale abdominal pain And looked up the fungus aa said is the black dots Mortierella Amd it can cause Ehrlichiosis in dogs Which needs doxy Not two days as they gave but at least 30 They upped her steroid even though I said it makin her spasm just after taking it And so I told about foot swarming mites last year Told bout fungus on my feet Told worry not just her immune system atack self but wory she got ehrlichiosis She has everything pale gums tum pain anaemia lethargy fever low red white plAtelets So so gave me 150 mg doxy a day alongside steroids But if no better tmoro they say she have to stay overnight again Why Shr in ten days already n no better N if baba no long left beter be with her mama She stil eat steroid I guess I worry they take off doxy as they say ehrlichiosis rare But I said so is black dots comin out skin She looked as if she thought i.mental So worry it my fault she ill But never in a million years wud I of known this hapen Poor sweet girl My friend hung up on me as I so stressed n she cant handle it Im going to.my doctor next week as how can.i live my life with this If she dies n.i think to do with me And need this,to go away The pressure is ruining my whole life Feel vulnerable telling vet Exposed :-( --------------------------- > >> >> Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group and I would like to dearly thank you once again ! >> >> I can't wait to read about the analysis findings. Cross fingers they do find out what is torturing us and we do >> get some answers. I too feel like still being bothered by a fungus, that mainly affects my hair and scalp. >> I would love to get some ideas to resolve the problem without shaving my head >> (Sorry SALLY, I'm afraid I'm too coward for doing this;-) >> >> This fungus really flares up in the afternoon and gets worse by the hour. >> It does feel like tearing/biting/crawling sometimes and I don't know if I am crazy, but sometimes it feels like something is falling off my hair ?! Anyone else experienced that ? >> >> Also, everybody is talking about black specs/dots, but I am picking up sandy grains off my skin (mainly from face and upper body). >> >> Apart from these comparatively small problems I am still doing absolutely fine. >> Sending a big hug to all of my friends here ! GET ALL WELL SOON !! >> Aggi >> >> >> >> Von: mitesbegone <no_reply > >> An: bird mites >> Gesendet: 10:58 Sonntag, 15.Juli 2012 >> Betreff: Re: Trying to listen to what I know instead of what I fear >> >> >> Of course I will. I plan on asking them as many questions as I can think of, and if I can't think of them all, I will call them later and ask those questions. >> >> We need to understand what this fungus is. It is way too coincidental that so many of us are tortured by mites first and then this fungus. There just can not be that many fungi around that would manifest itself with bird mites. So, based upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone else is dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our health, our homes and our living conditions, including clothing, food and personal hygiene. >> >> I just hope that the testing is successful and good viable samples are found. I truly can't imagine that it would not be successful given that it seems to be everywhere. >> >> I will post answers and information the minute I have anything. And if you think of anything else you would like me to ask, just let me know. >> >> Hang in there....Terry >> >> >> > > >> > > >> > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all that we do. But I hope everyone here continues to fight, and to hope, and to believe in a better tomorrow. >> > > >> > >In prior days I tried to write an update to everyone but either got caught up in reading the posts, or by trying to respond to them. So, this time I am determined to first give an update. >> > > >> > >I had thought my problems were licked with that awful little demon of a bird mite and its best friend the fungi, but alas, the war is not over for me. Perhaps I have won on one front, but the fungi front has heated up. I have discovered that this relentless foe has built its offensive weapons up while I was distracted with wedding plans and some few days of rest. >> > > >> > >A couple of weeks ago, I started feeling sick, nauseous to be exact and my back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was back to clearing my throat and coughing every morning and throughout the day. >> > > >> > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats and my left foot pain had escalated to the point where it throbbed tremendously throughout the night to the point where I could not sleep. >> > > >> > >I soon began feeling those tiny pin pricks against my skin and saw the little red dots blooming upon my chest, stomach and legs. The final straw began when I started waking up with bloody noses. >> > > >> > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged within my home. My dearest little dog also became sick and would press herself up against me during the day and look at me with pain filled eyes, clouded over by some kind of infection. My other dog had beat feet to the outdoors and did not care to come inside. >> > > >> > >Sigh...it was a terribly hard blow, but before I could allow myself to fall totally and completely into the doldrums. I slapped myself - HARD and started scolding my pathetic quivering internal self saying "How could you forget the reprieve you received which allowed you to not only return to your home, but which allowed you to see your daughter get married in a beautiful ceremony. Which gave you the time to enjoy family and friends...even time to rest!!" Wow, did I feel like an ungrateful wretch. So I picked myself up off the floor, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and marched my son out armed with a Lysol sprayer to spray the house from top to bottom. >> > > >> > >The first sign of relief came within days. The bloody noses stopped and my sore throat left me. My little dog's eyes cleared up. But, I knew it had not gone away. I knew it had simply retreated and was planning it's next attack. Given that the best defense is a good offense, I made contact with Dr. Sparagano (my Professor in England). He immediately wrote me to tell me that "I could ask my colleagues in molecular microbiology to do some molecular techniques to see if they can identify the fungus. Let me know." Well, Yeehaw!! >> > > >> > >But first, I must capture the elusive fungus. Now mind you, I have no idea if what I am looking at is fungus or just common dirt....DRAT! So, next plan, find a lab that does fungi testing...and I did. Contacted them last week. They do the testing, but not the field work, however, they recommended three companies for me to contact. And after three interviews, I found a company that will come out and take air samples and visual samples. I explained that I wanted them to prepare slides or swabs or whatever worked, as I wanted to send samples to England. I explained how this fungus arrived with the mites and he was most interested. He told me that it would take about 3 days to get the results back from the lab in WA. >> > > >> > >So this Monday I am to shut up the house tight as a drum for 24 hours. And yes, me, the son and the dogs will have to vacate to our home away from home, the motel. They told me not to be surprised or afraid when they arrive on Tuesday morning as they will be dressed like CSI techs. (He obviously has not seen me in my white HAZMAT suit, goggles, Vicks coated face mask with Bounce sheets attached to my hair before )... It was gratifying though that they take this stuff very seriously and he is concerned about the fungus I have described. >> > > >> > >They will be crawling into the attic, looking under the carpets, behind the walls and will be taking air samples inside the house in different rooms, outside the house as well as the garage. >> > > >> > >Of course all this comes with a hefty price tag. But I am just so heartily sick and tired of this fungus. And I am equally tired of hearing about how my friends here have suffered as much and probably more than I have. And it hasn't stopped at just this fellowship of Mitey Crusaders, but has gone on to attack our innocent little dogs, like Holly and my little Java girl. And well, I don't know if it is the same fungus or not, but it certainly is a good possibility I would think. Anyway, I am hoping to have results by next Friday. >> > > >> > >Something he also told me which really concerned me. I told him that I had been spraying the house with a diluted mixture of Lysol. He said that the Lysol was good, but because I was diluting it with water, I was actually providing the fungus with one of the three things they needed to live on, which was water, air and organic material. I told him that it did seem to keep it down...but perhaps that is temporary. He said he would give me something that would work better. >> > > >> > >Once the results come back he will be able to let me know what type of fungus I am dealing with, how high the levels are and how to eradicate it. I will pass this information along as soon as I get it. >> > > >> > >In the meantime, I am doing my best to stay as healthy as possible. Still taking all of my anti-fungals and hope to have the results from my Lyme testing back within a week or so. >> > > >> > >I have not forgotten all of you, and I know your struggles are terrible...truly. My heart goes out to you, one and all. I hope whatever I find out will help us all somehow. >> > > >> > >Just remember that "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." >> > > >> > >Stay strong, Terry >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> >> >> >> >

Guest guest

Aa unfortunately it been 3 weeks,holly ill

At first red,white cell count normal

Now so low,that she would die,if not on steroids

The,guessing game went on too long

She may not make it because of that!

But they better give me doxy longer than four days!:-(

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 12:21 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>Take her off the steroids! It makes the infections go crazy! Erlichiosis is

another tick borne pathogen usually present with Lyme and it is not that

uncommon. SHe just never identifies it. Very hard to test for.

>

>Aadnraya

>On Jul 18, 2012, at 9:04 AM, ILIKE TREES wrote:

>

>>

>> Well.had to.rush holly to vet

>> Temperature sky high.unsteady feet gums pale abdominal pain

>> And looked up the fungus aa said is the black dots

>> Mortierella

>> Amd it can cause

>> Ehrlichiosis in dogs

>> Which needs doxy

>> Not two days as they gave but at least 30

>> They upped her steroid even though I said it makin her spasm just after

taking it

>> And so I told about foot swarming mites last year

>> Told bout fungus on my feet

>> Told worry not just her immune system atack self but wory she got

ehrlichiosis

>> She has everything pale gums tum pain anaemia lethargy fever low red white

plAtelets

>> So so gave me 150 mg doxy a day alongside steroids

>> But if no better tmoro they say she have to stay overnight again

>> Why

>> Shr in ten days already n no better

>> N if baba no long left beter be with her mama

>> She stil eat steroid I guess

>> I worry they take off doxy as they say ehrlichiosis rare

>> But I said so is black dots comin out skin

>> She looked as if she thought i.mental

>> So worry it my fault she ill

>> But never in a million years wud I of known this hapen

>> Poor sweet girl

>> My friend hung up on me as I so stressed n she cant handle it

>> Im going to.my doctor next week as how can.i live my life with this

>> If she dies n.i think to do with me

>> And need this,to go away

>> The pressure is ruining my whole life

>> Feel vulnerable telling vet

>> Exposed :-(

>>

>> ------------------------------

>> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 09:40 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>>

>> >Aggi-

>> >I had the sandy grains. Did you get an Igenix Lyme western blot test done?

>> >

>> >Aandraya

>> >

>> >On Jul 17, 2012, at 11:04 AM, Aggi Assmann wrote:

>> >

>> >

>> > Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group and

I would like to dearly thank you once again !

>> >

>> > I can't wait to read about the analysis findings. Cross fingers they do

find out what is torturing us and we do

>> > get some answers. I too feel like still being bothered by a fungus, that

>> > I would love to get some ideas to resolve the problem without shaving my

head

>> > (Sorry SALLY, I'm afraid I'm too coward for doing this;-)

>> >

>> > This fungus really flares up in the afternoon and gets worse by the hour.

>> > It does feel like tearing/biting/crawling sometimes and I don't know if I

am crazy, but sometimes it feels like something is falling off my hair ?! Anyone

else experienced that ?

>> >

>> > Also, everybody is talking about black specs/dots, but I am picking up

sandy grains off my skin (mainly from face and upper body).

>> >

>> > Apart from these comparatively small problems I am still doing absolutely

fine.

>> > Sending a big hug to all of my friends here ! GET ALL WELL SOON !!

>> > Aggi

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > Von: mitesbegone <no_reply >

>> > An: bird mites

>> > Gesendet: 10:58 Sonntag, 15.Juli 2012

>> > Betreff: Re: Trying to listen to what I know instead of what

I fear

>> >

>> >

>> > Of course I will. I plan on asking them as many questions as I can think

of, and if I can't think of them all, I will call them later and ask those

questions.

>> >

>> > We need to understand what this fungus is. It is way too coincidental that

so many of us are tortured by mites first and then this fungus. There just can

not be that many fungi around that would manifest itself with bird mites. So,

based upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone else

is dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our health,

hygiene.

>> >

>> > I just hope that the testing is successful and good viable samples are

found. I truly can't imagine that it would not be successful given that it seems

to be everywhere.

>> >

>> > I will post answers and information the minute I have anything. And if you

>> >

>> > Hang in there....Terry

>> >

>> >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all that

in a better tomorrow.

>> > > >

>> > > >In prior days I tried to write an update to everyone but either got

caught up in reading the posts, or by trying to respond to them. So, this time I

am determined to first give an update.

>> > > >

>> > > >I had thought my problems were licked with that awful little demon of a

>> > > >

>> > > >A couple of weeks ago, I started feeling sick, nauseous to be exact and

my back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was back

to clearing my throat and coughing every morning and throughout the day.

>> > > >

>> > > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats and

>> > > >

>> > > >I soon began feeling those tiny pin pricks against my skin and saw the

>> > > >

>> > > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged within my

to come inside.

>> > > >

>> > > >Sigh...it was a terribly hard blow, but before I could allow myself to

rest!! " Wow, did I feel like an ungrateful wretch. So I picked myself up off the

floor, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and marched my son out armed with a

>> > > >

>> > > >The first sign of relief came within days. The bloody noses stopped and

my sore throat left me. My little dog's eyes cleared up. But, I knew it had not

Given that the best defense is a good offense, I made contact with Dr. Sparagano

(my Professor in England). He immediately wrote me to tell me that " I could ask

>> > > >

>> > > >But first, I must capture the elusive fungus. Now mind you, I have no

idea if what I am looking at is fungus or just common dirt....DRAT! So, next

plan, find a lab that does fungi testing...and I did. Contacted them last week.

They do the testing, but not the field work, however, they recommended three

will come out and take air samples and visual samples. I explained that I wanted

from the lab in WA.

>> > > >

>> > > >So this Monday I am to shut up the house tight as a drum for 24 hours.

And yes, me, the son and the dogs will have to vacate to our home away from

home, the motel. They told me not to be surprised or afraid when they arrive on

this stuff very seriously and he is concerned about the fungus I have described.

>> > > >

>> > > >They will be crawling into the attic, looking under the carpets, behind

>> > > >

>> > > >Of course all this comes with a hefty price tag. But I am just so

heartily sick and tired of this fungus. And I am equally tired of hearing about

how my friends here have suffered as much and probably more than I have. And it

hasn't stopped at just this fellowship of Mitey Crusaders, but has gone on to

attack our innocent little dogs, like Holly and my little Java girl. And well, I

don't know if it is the same fungus or not, but it certainly is a good

possibility I would think. Anyway, I am hoping to have results by next Friday.

>> > > >

>> > > >Something he also told me which really concerned me. I told him that I

had been spraying the house with a diluted mixture of Lysol. He said that the

Lysol was good, but because I was diluting it with water, I was actually

providing the fungus with one of the three things they needed to live on, which

was water, air and organic material. I told him that it did seem to keep it

down...but perhaps that is temporary. He said he would give me something that

would work better.

>> > > >

>> > > >Once the results come back he will be able to let me know what type of

>> > > >

>> > > >In the meantime, I am doing my best to stay as healthy as possible.

Still taking all of my anti-fungals and hope to have the results from my Lyme

testing back within a week or so.

>> > > >

>> > > >I have not forgotten all of you, and I know your struggles are

>> > > >

>> > > >Just remember that " What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny

>> > > >

>> > > >Stay strong, Terry

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>>

>

Guest guest

?? Steroids suppress the immune system and lower the white blood cell count with Lyme. They are a big no-no with Tick borne infections.AaOn Jul 18, 2012, at 4:02 PM, ILIKE TREES wrote: Aa unfortunately it been 3 weeks,holly ill At first red,white cell count normal Now so low,that she would die,if not on steroids The,guessing game went on too long She may not make it because of that! But they better give me doxy longer than four days!:-( --------------------------- >> > >> > >> > Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group and I would like to dearly thank you once again ! >> > >> > I can't wait to read about the analysis findings. Cross fingers they do find out what is torturing us and we do >> > get some answers. I too feel like still being bothered by a fungus, that mainly affects my hair and scalp. >> > I would love to get some ideas to resolve the problem without shaving my head >> > (Sorry SALLY, I'm afraid I'm too coward for doing this;-) >> > >> > This fungus really flares up in the afternoon and gets worse by the hour. >> > It does feel like tearing/biting/crawling sometimes and I don't know if I am crazy, but sometimes it feels like something is falling off my hair ?! Anyone else experienced that ? >> > >> > Also, everybody is talking about black specs/dots, but I am picking up sandy grains off my skin (mainly from face and upper body). >> > >> > Apart from these comparatively small problems I am still doing absolutely fine. >> > Sending a big hug to all of my friends here ! GET ALL WELL SOON !! >> > Aggi >> > >> > >> > >> > Von: mitesbegone <no_reply > >> > An: bird mites >> > Gesendet: 10:58 Sonntag, 15.Juli 2012 >> > Betreff: Re: Trying to listen to what I know instead of what I fear >> > >> > >> > Of course I will. I plan on asking them as many questions as I can think of, and if I can't think of them all, I will call them later and ask those questions. >> > >> > We need to understand what this fungus is. It is way too coincidental that so many of us are tortured by mites first and then this fungus. There just can not be that many fungi around that would manifest itself with bird mites. So, based upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone else is dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our health, our homes and our living conditions, including clothing, food and personal hygiene. >> > >> > I just hope that the testing is successful and good viable samples are found. I truly can't imagine that it would not be successful given that it seems to be everywhere. >> > >> > I will post answers and information the minute I have anything. And if you think of anything else you would like me to ask, just let me know. >> > >> > Hang in there....Terry >> > >> > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all that we do. But I hope everyone here continues to fight, and to hope, and to believe in a better tomorrow. >> > > > >> > > >In prior days I tried to write an update to everyone but either got caught up in reading the posts, or by trying to respond to them. So, this time I am determined to first give an update. >> > > > >> > > >I had thought my problems were licked with that awful little demon of a bird mite and its best friend the fungi, but alas, the war is not over for me. Perhaps I have won on one front, but the fungi front has heated up. I have discovered that this relentless foe has built its offensive weapons up while I was distracted with wedding plans and some few days of rest. >> > > > >> > > >A couple of weeks ago, I started feeling sick, nauseous to be exact and my back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was back to clearing my throat and coughing every morning and throughout the day. >> > > > >> > > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats and my left foot pain had escalated to the point where it throbbed tremendously throughout the night to the point where I could not sleep. >> > > > >> > > >I soon began feeling those tiny pin pricks against my skin and saw the little red dots blooming upon my chest, stomach and legs. The final straw began when I started waking up with bloody noses. >> > > > >> > > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged within my home. My dearest little dog also became sick and would press herself up against me during the day and look at me with pain filled eyes, clouded over by some kind of infection. My other dog had beat feet to the outdoors and did not care to come inside. >> > > > >> > > >Sigh...it was a terribly hard blow, but before I could allow myself to fall totally and completely into the doldrums. I slapped myself - HARD and started scolding my pathetic quivering internal self saying "How could you forget the reprieve you received which allowed you to not only return to your home, but which allowed you to see your daughter get married in a beautiful ceremony. Which gave you the time to enjoy family and friends...even time to rest!!" Wow, did I feel like an ungrateful wretch. So I picked myself up off the floor, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and marched my son out armed with a Lysol sprayer to spray the house from top to bottom. >> > > > >> > > >The first sign of relief came within days. The bloody noses stopped and my sore throat left me. My little dog's eyes cleared up. But, I knew it had not gone away. I knew it had simply retreated and was planning it's next attack. Given that the best defense is a good offense, I made contact with Dr. Sparagano (my Professor in England). He immediately wrote me to tell me that "I could ask my colleagues in molecular microbiology to do some molecular techniques to see if they can identify the fungus. Let me know." Well, Yeehaw!! >> > > > >> > > >But first, I must capture the elusive fungus. Now mind you, I have no idea if what I am looking at is fungus or just common dirt....DRAT! So, next plan, find a lab that does fungi testing...and I did. Contacted them last week. They do the testing, but not the field work, however, they recommended three companies for me to contact. And after three interviews, I found a company that will come out and take air samples and visual samples. I explained that I wanted them to prepare slides or swabs or whatever worked, as I wanted to send samples to England. I explained how this fungus arrived with the mites and he was most interested. He told me that it would take about 3 days to get the results back from the lab in WA. >> > > > >> > > >So this Monday I am to shut up the house tight as a drum for 24 hours. And yes, me, the son and the dogs will have to vacate to our home away from home, the motel. They told me not to be surprised or afraid when they arrive on Tuesday morning as they will be dressed like CSI techs. (He obviously has not seen me in my white HAZMAT suit, goggles, Vicks coated face mask with Bounce sheets attached to my hair before )... It was gratifying though that they take this stuff very seriously and he is concerned about the fungus I have described. >> > > > >> > > >They will be crawling into the attic, looking under the carpets, behind the walls and will be taking air samples inside the house in different rooms, outside the house as well as the garage. >> > > > >> > > >Of course all this comes with a hefty price tag. But I am just so heartily sick and tired of this fungus. And I am equally tired of hearing about how my friends here have suffered as much and probably more than I have. And it hasn't stopped at just this fellowship of Mitey Crusaders, but has gone on to attack our innocent little dogs, like Holly and my little Java girl. And well, I don't know if it is the same fungus or not, but it certainly is a good possibility I would think. Anyway, I am hoping to have results by next Friday. >> > > > >> > > >Something he also told me which really concerned me. I told him that I had been spraying the house with a diluted mixture of Lysol. He said that the Lysol was good, but because I was diluting it with water, I was actually providing the fungus with one of the three things they needed to live on, which was water, air and organic material. I told him that it did seem to keep it down...but perhaps that is temporary. He said he would give me something that would work better. >> > > > >> > > >Once the results come back he will be able to let me know what type of fungus I am dealing with, how high the levels are and how to eradicate it. I will pass this information along as soon as I get it. >> > > > >> > > >In the meantime, I am doing my best to stay as healthy as possible. Still taking all of my anti-fungals and hope to have the results from my Lyme testing back within a week or so. >> > > > >> > > >I have not forgotten all of you, and I know your struggles are terrible...truly. My heart goes out to you, one and all. I hope whatever I find out will help us all somehow. >> > > > >> > > >Just remember that "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." >> > > > >> > > >Stay strong, Terry >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >> >

Guest guest

I sure hope so too. I'd beg for it - she needs it desperately.From: "ILIKE TREES" <wherearetheangels@...>bird mites Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:02:48 PMSubject: Re: Re: hollyAa unfortunately it been 3 weeks,holly illAt first red,white cell count normalNow so low,that she would die,if not on steroidsThe,guessing game went on too longShe may not make it because of that!But they better give me doxy longer than four days!:-(------------------------------On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 12:21 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:>Take her off the steroids! It makes the infections go crazy! Erlichiosis is another tick borne pathogen usually present with Lyme and it is not that uncommon. SHe just never identifies it. Very hard to test for.>>Aadnraya>On Jul 18, 2012, at 9:04 AM, ILIKE TREES wrote:>>> >> Well.had to.rush holly to vet>> Temperature sky high.unsteady feet gums pale abdominal pain>> And looked up the fungus aa said is the black dots>> Mortierella>> Amd it can cause>> Ehrlichiosis in dogs>> Which needs doxy>> Not two days as they gave but at least 30>> They upped her steroid even though I said it makin her spasm just after taking it>> And so I told about foot swarming mites last year>> Told bout fungus on my feet>> Told worry not just her immune system atack self but wory she got ehrlichiosis>> She has everything pale gums tum pain anaemia lethargy fever low red white plAtelets>> So so gave me 150 mg doxy a day alongside steroids>> But if no better tmoro they say she have to stay overnight again>> Why>> Shr in ten days already n no better>> N if baba no long left beter be with her mama>> She stil eat steroid I guess>> I worry they take off doxy as they say ehrlichiosis rare>> But I said so is black dots comin out skin>> She looked as if she thought i.mental>> So worry it my fault she ill>> But never in a million years wud I of known this hapen>> Poor sweet girl>> My friend hung up on me as I so stressed n she cant handle it>> Im going to.my doctor next week as how can.i live my life with this>> If she dies n.i think to do with me>> And need this,to go away>> The pressure is ruining my whole life>> Feel vulnerable telling vet>> Exposed :-(>> >> ------------------------------>> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 09:40 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:>> >> >Aggi->> >I had the sandy grains. Did you get an Igenix Lyme western blot test done?>> >>> >Aandraya>> >>> >On Jul 17, 2012, at 11:04 AM, Aggi Assmann wrote:>> >>> >>> > Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group and I would like to dearly thank you once again !>> >>> > I can't wait to read about the analysis findings. Cross fingers they do find out what is torturing us and we do>> > get some answers. I too feel like still being bothered by a fungus, that mainly affects my hair and scalp.>> > I would love to get some ideas to resolve the problem without shaving my head>> > (Sorry SALLY, I'm afraid I'm too coward for doing this;-)>> >>> > This fungus really flares up in the afternoon and gets worse by the hour.>> > It does feel like tearing/biting/crawling sometimes and I don't know if I am crazy, but sometimes it feels like something is falling off my hair ?! Anyone else experienced that ?>> >>> > Also, everybody is talking about black specs/dots, but I am picking up sandy grains off my skin (mainly from face and upper body).>> >>> > Apart from these comparatively small problems I am still doing absolutely fine.>> > Sending a big hug to all of my friends here ! GET ALL WELL SOON !!>> > Aggi>> >>> >>> >>> > Von: mitesbegone <no_reply >>> > An: bird mites >> > Gesendet: 10:58 Sonntag, 15.Juli 2012>> > Betreff: Re: Trying to listen to what I know instead of what I fear>> >>> >>> > Of course I will. I plan on asking them as many questions as I can think of, and if I can't think of them all, I will call them later and ask those questions.>> >>> > We need to understand what this fungus is. It is way too coincidental that so many of us are tortured by mites first and then this fungus. There just can not be that many fungi around that would manifest itself with bird mites. So, based upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone else is dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our health, our homes and our living conditions, including clothing, food and personal hygiene.>> >>> > I just hope that the testing is successful and good viable samples are found. I truly can't imagine that it would not be successful given that it seems to be everywhere.>> >>> > I will post answers and information the minute I have anything. And if you think of anything else you would like me to ask, just let me know.>> >>> > Hang in there....Terry>> >>> > >> > > >>> > > >>> > > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all that we do. But I hope everyone here continues to fight, and to hope, and to believe in a better tomorrow.>> > > >>> > > >In prior days I tried to write an update to everyone but either got caught up in reading the posts, or by trying to respond to them. So, this time I am determined to first give an update.>> > > >>> > > >I had thought my problems were licked with that awful little demon of a bird mite and its best friend the fungi, but alas, the war is not over for me. Perhaps I have won on one front, but the fungi front has heated up. I have discovered that this relentless foe has built its offensive weapons up while I was distracted with wedding plans and some few days of rest.>> > > >>> > > >A couple of weeks ago, I started feeling sick, nauseous to be exact and my back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was back to clearing my throat and coughing every morning and throughout the day.>> > > >>> > > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats and my left foot pain had escalated to the point where it throbbed tremendously throughout the night to the point where I could not sleep.>> > > >>> > > >I soon began feeling those tiny pin pricks against my skin and saw the little red dots blooming upon my chest, stomach and legs. The final straw began when I started waking up with bloody noses.>> > > >>> > > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged within my home. My dearest little dog also became sick and would press herself up against me during the day and look at me with pain filled eyes, clouded over by some kind of infection. My other dog had beat feet to the outdoors and did not care to come inside.>> > > >>> > > >Sigh...it was a terribly hard blow, but before I could allow myself to fall totally and completely into the doldrums. I slapped myself - HARD and started scolding my pathetic quivering internal self saying "How could you forget the reprieve you received which allowed you to not only return to your home, but which allowed you to see your daughter get married in a beautiful ceremony. Which gave you the time to enjoy family and friends...even time to rest!!" Wow, did I feel like an ungrateful wretch. So I picked myself up off the floor, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and marched my son out armed with a Lysol sprayer to spray the house from top to bottom.>> > > >>> > > >The first sign of relief came within days. The bloody noses stopped and my sore throat left me. My little dog's eyes cleared up. But, I knew it had not gone away. I knew it had simply retreated and was planning it's next attack. Given that the best defense is a good offense, I made contact with Dr. Sparagano (my Professor in England). He immediately wrote me to tell me that "I could ask my colleagues in molecular microbiology to do some molecular techniques to see if they can identify the fungus. Let me know." Well, Yeehaw!!>> > > >>> > > >But first, I must capture the elusive fungus. Now mind you, I have no idea if what I am looking at is fungus or just common dirt....DRAT! So, next plan, find a lab that does fungi testing...and I did. Contacted them last week. They do the testing, but not the field work, however, they recommended three companies for me to contact. And after three interviews, I found a company that will come out and take air samples and visual samples. I explained that I wanted them to prepare slides or swabs or whatever worked, as I wanted to send samples to England. I explained how this fungus arrived with the mites and he was most interested. He told me that it would take about 3 days to get the results back from the lab in WA.>> > > >>> > > >So this Monday I am to shut up the house tight as a drum for 24 hours. And yes, me, the son and the dogs will have to vacate to our home away from home, the motel. They told me not to be surprised or afraid when they arrive on Tuesday morning as they will be dressed like CSI techs. (He obviously has not seen me in my white HAZMAT suit, goggles, Vicks coated face mask with Bounce sheets attached to my hair before )... It was gratifying though that they take this stuff very seriously and he is concerned about the fungus I have described.>> > > >>> > > >They will be crawling into the attic, looking under the carpets, behind the walls and will be taking air samples inside the house in different rooms, outside the house as well as the garage.>> > > >>> > > >Of course all this comes with a hefty price tag. But I am just so heartily sick and tired of this fungus. And I am equally tired of hearing about how my friends here have suffered as much and probably more than I have. And it hasn't stopped at just this fellowship of Mitey Crusaders, but has gone on to attack our innocent little dogs, like Holly and my little Java girl. And well, I don't know if it is the same fungus or not, but it certainly is a good possibility I would think. Anyway, I am hoping to have results by next Friday.>> > > >>> > > >Something he also told me which really concerned me. I told him that I had been spraying the house with a diluted mixture of Lysol. He said that the Lysol was good, but because I was diluting it with water, I was actually providing the fungus with one of the three things they needed to live on, which was water, air and organic material. I told him that it did seem to keep it down...but perhaps that is temporary. He said he would give me something that would work better.>> > > >>> > > >Once the results come back he will be able to let me know what type of fungus I am dealing with, how high the levels are and how to eradicate it. I will pass this information along as soon as I get it.>> > > >>> > > >In the meantime, I am doing my best to stay as healthy as possible. Still taking all of my anti-fungals and hope to have the results from my Lyme testing back within a week or so.>> > > >>> > > >I have not forgotten all of you, and I know your struggles are terrible...truly. My heart goes out to you, one and all. I hope whatever I find out will help us all somehow.>> > > >>> > > >Just remember that "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.">> > > >>> > > >Stay strong, Terry>> > > >>> > > >>> > > >>> > >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >> >------------------------------------

Guest guest

If she seems to be doing a little better after the 4 days I'd use the reasoning that this is what she needed in the first place!From: Goldstein@...To: bird mites Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:16:36 PMSubject: Re: Re: holly

I sure hope so too. I'd beg for it - she needs it desperately.From: "ILIKE TREES" <wherearetheangels@...>bird mites Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:02:48 PMSubject: Re: Re: hollyAa unfortunately it been 3 weeks,holly illAt first red,white cell count normalNow so low,that she would die,if not on steroidsThe,guessing game went on too longShe may not make it because of that!But they better give me doxy longer than four days!:-(------------------------------On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 12:21 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:>Take her off the steroids! It makes the infections go crazy! Erlichiosis is another tick borne pathogen usually present with Lyme and it is not that uncommon. SHe just never identifies it. Very hard to test for.>>Aadnraya>On Jul 18, 2012, at 9:04 AM, ILIKE TREES wrote:>>> >> Well.had to.rush holly to vet>> Temperature sky high.unsteady feet gums pale abdominal pain>> And looked up the fungus aa said is the black dots>> Mortierella>> Amd it can cause>> Ehrlichiosis in dogs>> Which needs doxy>> Not two days as they gave but at least 30>> They upped her steroid even though I said it makin her spasm just after taking it>> And so I told about foot swarming mites last year>> Told bout fungus on my feet>> Told worry not just her immune system atack self but wory she got ehrlichiosis>> She has everything pale gums tum pain anaemia lethargy fever low red white plAtelets>> So so gave me 150 mg doxy a day alongside steroids>> But if no better tmoro they say she have to stay overnight again>> Why>> Shr in ten days already n no better>> N if baba no long left beter be with her mama>> She stil eat steroid I guess>> I worry they take off doxy as they say ehrlichiosis rare>> But I said so is black dots comin out skin>> She looked as if she thought i.mental>> So worry it my fault she ill>> But never in a million years wud I of known this hapen>> Poor sweet girl>> My friend hung up on me as I so stressed n she cant handle it>> Im going to.my doctor next week as how can.i live my life with this>> If she dies n.i think to do with me>> And need this,to go away>> The pressure is ruining my whole life>> Feel vulnerable telling vet>> Exposed :-(>> >> ------------------------------>> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 09:40 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:>> >> >Aggi->> >I had the sandy grains. Did you get an Igenix Lyme western blot test done?>> >>> >Aandraya>> >>> >On Jul 17, 2012, at 11:04 AM, Aggi Assmann wrote:>> >>> >>> > Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group and I would like to dearly thank you once again !>> >>> > I can't wait to read about the analysis findings. Cross fingers they do find out what is torturing us and we do>> > get some answers. I too feel like still being bothered by a fungus, that mainly affects my hair and scalp.>> > I would love to get some ideas to resolve the problem without shaving my head>> > (Sorry SALLY, I'm afraid I'm too coward for doing this;-)>> >>> > This fungus really flares up in the afternoon and gets worse by the hour.>> > It does feel like tearing/biting/crawling sometimes and I don't know if I am crazy, but sometimes it feels like something is falling off my hair ?! Anyone else experienced that ?>> >>> > Also, everybody is talking about black specs/dots, but I am picking up sandy grains off my skin (mainly from face and upper body).>> >>> > Apart from these comparatively small problems I am still doing absolutely fine.>> > Sending a big hug to all of my friends here ! GET ALL WELL SOON !!>> > Aggi>> >>> >>> >>> > Von: mitesbegone <no_reply >>> > An: bird mites >> > Gesendet: 10:58 Sonntag, 15.Juli 2012>> > Betreff: Re: Trying to listen to what I know instead of what I fear>> >>> >>> > Of course I will. I plan on asking them as many questions as I can think of, and if I can't think of them all, I will call them later and ask those questions.>> >>> > We need to understand what this fungus is. It is way too coincidental that so many of us are tortured by mites first and then this fungus. There just can not be that many fungi around that would manifest itself with bird mites. So, based upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone else is dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our health, our homes and our living conditions, including clothing, food and personal hygiene.>> >>> > I just hope that the testing is successful and good viable samples are found. I truly can't imagine that it would not be successful given that it seems to be everywhere.>> >>> > I will post answers and information the minute I have anything. And if you think of anything else you would like me to ask, just let me know.>> >>> > Hang in there....Terry>> >>> > >> > > >>> > > >>> > > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all that we do. But I hope everyone here continues to fight, and to hope, and to believe in a better tomorrow.>> > > >>> > > >In prior days I tried to write an update to everyone but either got caught up in reading the posts, or by trying to respond to them. So, this time I am determined to first give an update.>> > > >>> > > >I had thought my problems were licked with that awful little demon of a bird mite and its best friend the fungi, but alas, the war is not over for me. Perhaps I have won on one front, but the fungi front has heated up. I have discovered that this relentless foe has built its offensive weapons up while I was distracted with wedding plans and some few days of rest.>> > > >>> > > >A couple of weeks ago, I started feeling sick, nauseous to be exact and my back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was back to clearing my throat and coughing every morning and throughout the day.>> > > >>> > > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats and my left foot pain had escalated to the point where it throbbed tremendously throughout the night to the point where I could not sleep.>> > > >>> > > >I soon began feeling those tiny pin pricks against my skin and saw the little red dots blooming upon my chest, stomach and legs. The final straw began when I started waking up with bloody noses.>> > > >>> > > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged within my home. My dearest little dog also became sick and would press herself up against me during the day and look at me with pain filled eyes, clouded over by some kind of infection. My other dog had beat feet to the outdoors and did not care to come inside.>> > > >>> > > >Sigh...it was a terribly hard blow, but before I could allow myself to fall totally and completely into the doldrums. I slapped myself - HARD and started scolding my pathetic quivering internal self saying "How could you forget the reprieve you received which allowed you to not only return to your home, but which allowed you to see your daughter get married in a beautiful ceremony. Which gave you the time to enjoy family and friends...even time to rest!!" Wow, did I feel like an ungrateful wretch. So I picked myself up off the floor, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and marched my son out armed with a Lysol sprayer to spray the house from top to bottom.>> > > >>> > > >The first sign of relief came within days. The bloody noses stopped and my sore throat left me. My little dog's eyes cleared up. But, I knew it had not gone away. I knew it had simply retreated and was planning it's next attack. Given that the best defense is a good offense, I made contact with Dr. Sparagano (my Professor in England). He immediately wrote me to tell me that "I could ask my colleagues in molecular microbiology to do some molecular techniques to see if they can identify the fungus. Let me know." Well, Yeehaw!!>> > > >>> > > >But first, I must capture the elusive fungus. Now mind you, I have no idea if what I am looking at is fungus or just common dirt....DRAT! So, next plan, find a lab that does fungi testing...and I did. Contacted them last week. They do the testing, but not the field work, however, they recommended three companies for me to contact. And after three interviews, I found a company that will come out and take air samples and visual samples. I explained that I wanted them to prepare slides or swabs or whatever worked, as I wanted to send samples to England. I explained how this fungus arrived with the mites and he was most interested. He told me that it would take about 3 days to get the results back from the lab in WA.>> > > >>> > > >So this Monday I am to shut up the house tight as a drum for 24 hours. And yes, me, the son and the dogs will have to vacate to our home away from home, the motel. They told me not to be surprised or afraid when they arrive on Tuesday morning as they will be dressed like CSI techs. (He obviously has not seen me in my white HAZMAT suit, goggles, Vicks coated face mask with Bounce sheets attached to my hair before )... It was gratifying though that they take this stuff very seriously and he is concerned about the fungus I have described.>> > > >>> > > >They will be crawling into the attic, looking under the carpets, behind the walls and will be taking air samples inside the house in different rooms, outside the house as well as the garage.>> > > >>> > > >Of course all this comes with a hefty price tag. But I am just so heartily sick and tired of this fungus. And I am equally tired of hearing about how my friends here have suffered as much and probably more than I have. And it hasn't stopped at just this fellowship of Mitey Crusaders, but has gone on to attack our innocent little dogs, like Holly and my little Java girl. And well, I don't know if it is the same fungus or not, but it certainly is a good possibility I would think. Anyway, I am hoping to have results by next Friday.>> > > >>> > > >Something he also told me which really concerned me. I told him that I had been spraying the house with a diluted mixture of Lysol. He said that the Lysol was good, but because I was diluting it with water, I was actually providing the fungus with one of the three things they needed to live on, which was water, air and organic material. I told him that it did seem to keep it down...but perhaps that is temporary. He said he would give me something that would work better.>> > > >>> > > >Once the results come back he will be able to let me know what type of fungus I am dealing with, how high the levels are and how to eradicate it. I will pass this information along as soon as I get it.>> > > >>> > > >In the meantime, I am doing my best to stay as healthy as possible. Still taking all of my anti-fungals and hope to have the results from my Lyme testing back within a week or so.>> > > >>> > > >I have not forgotten all of you, and I know your struggles are terrible...truly. My heart goes out to you, one and all. I hope whatever I find out will help us all somehow.>> > > >>> > > >Just remember that "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.">> > > >>> > > >Stay strong, Terry>> > > >>> > > >>> > > >>> > >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >> >------------------------------------

Guest guest

I know this is hard, CHugggg........ From: ILIKE TREES <wherearetheangels@...> bird mites Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:02 PM Subject: Re: Re: holly

Aa unfortunately it been 3 weeks,holly ill

At first red,white cell count normal

Now so low,that she would die,if not on steroids

The,guessing game went on too long

She may not make it because of that!

But they better give me doxy longer than four days!:-(

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 12:21 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>Take her off the steroids! It makes the infections go crazy! Erlichiosis is another tick borne pathogen usually present with Lyme and it is not that uncommon. SHe just never identifies it. Very hard to test for.

>

>Aadnraya

>On Jul 18, 2012, at 9:04 AM, ILIKE TREES wrote:

>

>>

>> Mortierella

>> Amd it can cause

>> Ehrlichiosis in dogs

>> Which needs doxy

>> They upped her steroid even though I said it makin her spasm just after taking it

>> Told worry not just her immune system atack self but wory she got ehrlichiosis

>> She has everything pale gums tum pain anaemia lethargy fever low red white plAtelets

>> Why

>> Poor sweet girl

>>

>>

>> >Aggi-

>> >

>> >Aandraya

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group and I would like to dearly thank you once again !

>> >

>> > I can't wait to read about the analysis findings. Cross fingers they do find out what is torturing us and we do

>> > get some answers. I too feel like still being bothered by a fungus, that mainly affects my hair and scalp.

>> > I would love to get some ideas to resolve the problem without shaving my head

>> >

>> > It does feel like tearing/biting/crawling sometimes and I don't know if I am crazy, but sometimes it feels like something is falling off my hair ?! Anyone else experienced that ?

>> >

>> > Also, everybody is talking about black specs/dots, but I am picking up sandy grains off my skin (mainly from face and upper body).

>> >

>> > Apart from these comparatively small problems I am still doing absolutely fine.

>> > Aggi

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > Betreff: Re: Trying to listen to what I know instead of what I fear

>> >

>> >

>> > Of course I will. I plan on asking them as many questions as I can think of, and if I can't think of them all, I will call them later and ask those questions.

>> >

>> > We need to understand what this fungus is. It is way too coincidental that so many of us are tortured by mites first and then this fungus. There just can not be that many fungi around that would manifest itself with bird mites. So, based upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone else is dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our health, our homes and our living conditions, including clothing, food and personal hygiene.

>> >

>> > I just hope that the testing is successful and good viable samples are found. I truly can't imagine that it would not be successful given that it seems to be everywhere.

>> >

>> > I will post answers and information the minute I have anything. And if you think of anything else you would like me to ask, just let me know.

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all that we do. But I hope everyone here continues to fight, and to hope, and to believe in a better tomorrow.

>> > > >

>> > > >In prior days I tried to write an update to everyone but either got caught up in reading the posts, or by trying to respond to them. So, this time I am determined to first give an update.

>> > > >

>> > > >I had thought my problems were licked with that awful little demon of a bird mite and its best friend the fungi, but alas, the war is not over for me. Perhaps I have won on one front, but the fungi front has heated up. I have discovered that this relentless foe has built its offensive weapons up while I was distracted with wedding plans and some few days of rest.

>> > > >

>> > > >A couple of weeks ago, I started feeling sick, nauseous to be exact and my back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was back to clearing my throat and coughing every morning and throughout the day.

>> > > >

>> > > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats and my left foot pain had escalated to the point where it throbbed tremendously throughout the night to the point where I could not sleep.

>> > > >

>> > > >I soon began feeling those tiny pin pricks against my skin and saw the little red dots blooming upon my chest, stomach and legs. The final straw began when I started waking up with bloody noses.

>> > > >

>> > > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged within my home. My dearest little dog also became sick and would press herself up against me during the day and look at me with pain filled eyes, clouded over by some kind of infection. My other dog had beat feet to the outdoors and did not care to come inside.

>> > > >

>> > > >Sigh...it was a terribly hard blow, but before I could allow myself to fall totally and completely into the doldrums. I slapped myself - HARD and started scolding my pathetic quivering internal self saying "How could you forget the reprieve you received which allowed you to not only return to your home, but which allowed you to see your daughter get married in a beautiful ceremony. Which gave you the time to enjoy family and friends...even time to rest!!" Wow, did I feel like an ungrateful wretch. So I picked myself up off the floor, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and marched my son out armed with a Lysol sprayer to spray the house from top to bottom.

>> > > >

>> > > >The first sign of relief came within days. The bloody noses stopped and my sore throat left me. My little dog's eyes cleared up. But, I knew it had not gone away. I knew it had simply retreated and was planning it's next attack. Given that the best defense is a good offense, I made contact with Dr. Sparagano (my Professor in England). He immediately wrote me to tell me that "I could ask my colleagues in molecular microbiology to do some molecular techniques to see if they can identify the fungus. Let me know." Well, Yeehaw!!

>> > > >

>> > > >But first, I must capture the elusive fungus. Now mind you, I have no idea if what I am looking at is fungus or just common dirt....DRAT! So, next plan, find a lab that does fungi testing...and I did. Contacted them last week. They do the testing, but not the field work, however, they recommended three companies for me to contact. And after three interviews, I found a company that will come out and take air samples and visual samples. I explained that I wanted them to prepare slides or swabs or whatever worked, as I wanted to send samples to England. I explained how this fungus arrived with the mites and he was most interested. He told me that it would take about 3 days to get the results back from the lab in WA.

>> > > >

>> > > >So this Monday I am to shut up the house tight as a drum for 24 hours. And yes, me, the son and the dogs will have to vacate to our home away from home, the motel. They told me not to be surprised or afraid when they arrive on Tuesday morning as they will be dressed like CSI techs. (He obviously has not seen me in my white HAZMAT suit, goggles, Vicks coated face mask with Bounce sheets attached to my hair before )... It was gratifying though that they take this stuff very seriously and he is concerned about the fungus I have described.

>> > > >

>> > > >They will be crawling into the attic, looking under the carpets, behind the walls and will be taking air samples inside the house in different rooms, outside the house as well as the garage.

>> > > >

>> > > >Of course all this comes with a hefty price tag. But I am just so heartily sick and tired of this fungus. And I am equally tired of hearing about how my friends here have suffered as much and probably more than I have. And it hasn't stopped at just this fellowship of Mitey Crusaders, but has gone on to attack our innocent little dogs, like Holly and my little Java girl. And well, I don't know if it is the same fungus or not, but it certainly is a good possibility I would think. Anyway, I am hoping to have results by next Friday.

>> > > >

>> > > >Something he also told me which really concerned me. I told him that I had been spraying the house with a diluted mixture of Lysol. He said that the Lysol was good, but because I was diluting it with water, I was actually providing the fungus with one of the three things they needed to live on, which was water, air and organic material. I told him that it did seem to keep it down...but perhaps that is temporary. He said he would give me something that would work better.

>> > > >

>> > > >Once the results come back he will be able to let me know what type of fungus I am dealing with, how high the levels are and how to eradicate it. I will pass this information along as soon as I get it.

>> > > >

>> > > >In the meantime, I am doing my best to stay as healthy as possible. Still taking all of my anti-fungals and hope to have the results from my Lyme testing back within a week or so.

>> > > >

>> > > >I have not forgotten all of you, and I know your struggles are terrible...truly. My heart goes out to you, one and all. I hope whatever I find out will help us all somehow.

>> > > >

>> > > >Just remember that "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>>

>

Guest guest

They lower white blood cells with lyme?

Oh no!!

But we do not know whats causing this

Whether lyme n infections

Immune system.breakdown or what

Its scary n.unknown n wory she wont pull through:-(

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 14:15 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>?? Steroids suppress the immune system and lower the white blood cell count

with Lyme. They are a big no-no with Tick borne infections.

>

>Aa

>

>

>On Jul 18, 2012, at 4:02 PM, ILIKE TREES wrote:

>

>>

>> Aa unfortunately it been 3 weeks,holly ill

>> At first red,white cell count normal

>> Now so low,that she would die,if not on steroids

>> The,guessing game went on too long

>> She may not make it because of that!

>> But they better give me doxy longer than four days!:-(

>>

>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 12:21 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>>

>> >Take her off the steroids! It makes the infections go crazy! Erlichiosis is

>> >

>> >Aadnraya

>> >On Jul 18, 2012, at 9:04 AM, ILIKE TREES wrote:

>> >

>> >

>> > Well.had to.rush holly to vet

>> > Temperature sky high.unsteady feet gums pale abdominal pain

>> > And looked up the fungus aa said is the black dots

>> > Mortierella

>> > Amd it can cause

>> > Ehrlichiosis in dogs

>> > Which needs doxy

>> > Not two days as they gave but at least 30

>> > They upped her steroid even though I said it makin her spasm just after

taking it

>> > And so I told about foot swarming mites last year

>> > Told bout fungus on my feet

>> > Told worry not just her immune system atack self but wory she got

ehrlichiosis

>> > She has everything pale gums tum pain anaemia lethargy fever low red white

plAtelets

>> > So so gave me 150 mg doxy a day alongside steroids

>> > But if no better tmoro they say she have to stay overnight again

>> > Why

>> > Shr in ten days already n no better

>> > N if baba no long left beter be with her mama

>> > She stil eat steroid I guess

>> > I worry they take off doxy as they say ehrlichiosis rare

>> > But I said so is black dots comin out skin

>> > She looked as if she thought i.mental

>> > So worry it my fault she ill

>> > But never in a million years wud I of known this hapen

>> > Poor sweet girl

>> > My friend hung up on me as I so stressed n she cant handle it

>> > Im going to.my doctor next week as how can.i live my life with this

>> > If she dies n.i think to do with me

>> > And need this,to go away

>> > The pressure is ruining my whole life

>> > Feel vulnerable telling vet

>> > Exposed :-(

>> >

>> > ------------------------------

>> > On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 09:40 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>> >

>> > >Aggi-

>> > >I had the sandy grains. Did you get an Igenix Lyme western blot test done?

>> > >

>> > >Aandraya

>> > >

>> > >On Jul 17, 2012, at 11:04 AM, Aggi Assmann wrote:

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group

and I would like to dearly thank you once again !

>> > >

>> > > I can't wait to read about the analysis findings. Cross fingers they do

>> > > get some answers. I too feel like still being bothered by a fungus, that

>> > > I would love to get some ideas to resolve the problem without shaving my

head

>> > > (Sorry SALLY, I'm afraid I'm too coward for doing this;-)

>> > >

>> > > This fungus really flares up in the afternoon and gets worse by the hour.

>> > > It does feel like tearing/biting/crawling sometimes and I don't know if I

am crazy, but sometimes it feels like something is falling off my hair ?! Anyone

else experienced that ?

>> > >

>> > > Also, everybody is talking about black specs/dots, but I am picking up

>> > >

>> > > Apart from these comparatively small problems I am still doing absolutely

fine.

>> > > Sending a big hug to all of my friends here ! GET ALL WELL SOON !!

>> > > Aggi

>> > >

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > Von: mitesbegone <no_reply >

>> > > An: bird mites

>> > > Gesendet: 10:58 Sonntag, 15.Juli 2012

>> > > Betreff: Re: Trying to listen to what I know instead of

what I fear

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > Of course I will. I plan on asking them as many questions as I can think

questions.

>> > >

>> > > We need to understand what this fungus is. It is way too coincidental

that so many of us are tortured by mites first and then this fungus. There just

can not be that many fungi around that would manifest itself with bird mites.

So, based upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone

else is dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our

health, our homes and our living conditions, including clothing, food and

personal hygiene.

>> > >

>> > > I just hope that the testing is successful and good viable samples are

found. I truly can't imagine that it would not be successful given that it seems

to be everywhere.

>> > >

>> > > I will post answers and information the minute I have anything. And if

you think of anything else you would like me to ask, just let me know.

>> > >

>> > > Hang in there....Terry

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > > >

>> > > > >

>> > > > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all

that we do. But I hope everyone here continues to fight, and to hope, and to

believe in a better tomorrow.

>> > > > >

>> > > > >In prior days I tried to write an update to everyone but either got

caught up in reading the posts, or by trying to respond to them. So, this time I

>> > > > >

>> > > > >I had thought my problems were licked with that awful little demon of

a bird mite and its best friend the fungi, but alas, the war is not over for me.

>> > > > >

>> > > > >A couple of weeks ago, I started feeling sick, nauseous to be exact

and my back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was

back to clearing my throat and coughing every morning and throughout the day.

>> > > > >

>> > > > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats

and my left foot pain had escalated to the point where it throbbed tremendously

>> > > > >

>> > > > >I soon began feeling those tiny pin pricks against my skin and saw the

>> > > > >

>> > > > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged within

my home. My dearest little dog also became sick and would press herself up

against me during the day and look at me with pain filled eyes, clouded over by

some kind of infection. My other dog had beat feet to the outdoors and did not

care to come inside.

>> > > > >

>> > > > >Sigh...it was a terribly hard blow, but before I could allow myself to

>> > > > >

>> > > > >The first sign of relief came within days. The bloody noses stopped

and my sore throat left me. My little dog's eyes cleared up. But, I knew it had

not gone away. I knew it had simply retreated and was planning it's next attack.

>> > > > >

>> > > > >But first, I must capture the elusive fungus. Now mind you, I have no

from the lab in WA.

>> > > > >

>> > > > >So this Monday I am to shut up the house tight as a drum for 24 hours.

>> > > > >

>> > > > >They will be crawling into the attic, looking under the carpets,

behind the walls and will be taking air samples inside the house in different

rooms, outside the house as well as the garage.

>> > > > >

>> > > > >Of course all this comes with a hefty price tag. But I am just so

attack our innocent little dogs, like Holly and my little Java girl. And well, I

>> > > > >

>> > > > >Something he also told me which really concerned me. I told him that I

would work better.

>> > > > >

>> > > > >Once the results come back he will be able to let me know what type of

>> > > > >

>> > > > >In the meantime, I am doing my best to stay as healthy as possible.

>> > > > >

>> > > > >I have not forgotten all of you, and I know your struggles are

>> > > > >

>> > > > >Just remember that " What lies behind us and what lies before us are

tiny matters compared to what lies within us. "

>> > > > >

>> > > > >Stay strong, Terry

>> > > > >

>> > > > >

>> > > > >

>> > > >

>> > >

>> > >

>> > >

>> > >

>> > >

>> > >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>>

>

Guest guest

Well I dont know if shes too ill now to recover

Been crying all night :-(

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 14:16 PDT Goldstein@... wrote:

>I sure hope so too. I'd beg for it - she needs it desperately.

>

> Re: Re: holly

>

>

>Aa unfortunately it been 3 weeks,holly ill

>At first red,white cell count normal

>Now so low,that she would die,if not on steroids

>The,guessing game went on too long

>She may not make it because of that!

>But they better give me doxy longer than four days!:-(

>

>

>------------------------------

>On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 12:21 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>

>>Take her off the steroids! It makes the infections go crazy! Erlichiosis is

>>

>>Aadnraya

>>On Jul 18, 2012, at 9:04 AM, ILIKE TREES wrote:

>>

>>

>> Mortierella

>> Amd it can cause

>> Ehrlichiosis in dogs

>> Which needs doxy

taking it

ehrlichiosis

plAtelets

>> Why

>> Poor sweet girl

>>

>>

>> >Aggi-

>> >

>> >Aandraya

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group and

>> >

head

>> >

else experienced that ?

>> >

>> >

fine.

>> > Aggi

>> >

>> >

>> >

I fear

>> >

>> >

questions.

>> >

based upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone else

is dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our health,

hygiene.

>> >

to be everywhere.

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all that

in a better tomorrow.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

my back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was back

>> > > >

>> > > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats and

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged within my

to come inside.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

from the lab in WA.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

would work better.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >Just remember that " What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>>

>>

>

>

>

>------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

I agree

But if her system too weak maybe nothing will help

Also so frustrating that dont know whats wrong !

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 14:17 PDT Goldstein@... wrote:

>If she seems to be doing a little better after the 4 days I'd use the reasoning

that this is what she needed in the first place!

>

> Re: Re: holly

>

>

>

>

>

>>

>>Aadnraya

>>

>>

>> Mortierella

>> Amd it can cause

>> Ehrlichiosis in dogs

>> Which needs doxy

taking it

ehrlichiosis

plAtelets

>> Why

>> Poor sweet girl

>>

>>

>> >Aggi-

>> >

>> >Aandraya

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

head

>> >

else experienced that ?

>> >

>> >

fine.

>> > Aggi

>> >

>> >

>> >

I fear

>> >

>> >

questions.

>> >

hygiene.

>> >

to be everywhere.

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > > >

>> > > >

in a better tomorrow.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

to come inside.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

from the lab in WA.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

would work better.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>>

>>

>

>

>

>------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

C-THere has to be a reason for an immune system breakdown. Like a chronic infection.AaOn Jul 18, 2012, at 6:48 PM, ILIKE TREES wrote: They lower white blood cells with lyme? Oh no!! But we do not know whats causing this Whether lyme n infections Immune system.breakdown or what Its scary n.unknown n wory she wont pull through:-( --------------------------- >> > > >> > > >> > > Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group and I would like to dearly thank you once again ! >> > > >> > > I can't wait to read about the analysis findings. Cross fingers they do find out what is torturing us and we do >> > > get some answers. I too feel like still being bothered by a fungus, that mainly affects my hair and scalp. >> > > I would love to get some ideas to resolve the problem without shaving my head >> > > (Sorry SALLY, I'm afraid I'm too coward for doing this;-) >> > > >> > > This fungus really flares up in the afternoon and gets worse by the hour. >> > > It does feel like tearing/biting/crawling sometimes and I don't know if I am crazy, but sometimes it feels like something is falling off my hair ?! Anyone else experienced that ? >> > > >> > > Also, everybody is talking about black specs/dots, but I am picking up sandy grains off my skin (mainly from face and upper body). >> > > >> > > Apart from these comparatively small problems I am still doing absolutely fine. >> > > Sending a big hug to all of my friends here ! GET ALL WELL SOON !! >> > > Aggi >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > Von: mitesbegone <no_reply > >> > > An: bird mites >> > > Gesendet: 10:58 Sonntag, 15.Juli 2012 >> > > Betreff: Re: Trying to listen to what I know instead of what I fear >> > > >> > > >> > > Of course I will. I plan on asking them as many questions as I can think of, and if I can't think of them all, I will call them later and ask those questions. >> > > >> > > We need to understand what this fungus is. It is way too coincidental that so many of us are tortured by mites first and then this fungus. There just can not be that many fungi around that would manifest itself with bird mites. So, based upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone else is dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our health, our homes and our living conditions, including clothing, food and personal hygiene. >> > > >> > > I just hope that the testing is successful and good viable samples are found. I truly can't imagine that it would not be successful given that it seems to be everywhere. >> > > >> > > I will post answers and information the minute I have anything. And if you think of anything else you would like me to ask, just let me know. >> > > >> > > Hang in there....Terry >> > > >> > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all that we do. But I hope everyone here continues to fight, and to hope, and to believe in a better tomorrow. >> > > > > >> > > > >In prior days I tried to write an update to everyone but either got caught up in reading the posts, or by trying to respond to them. So, this time I am determined to first give an update. >> > > > > >> > > > >I had thought my problems were licked with that awful little demon of a bird mite and its best friend the fungi, but alas, the war is not over for me. Perhaps I have won on one front, but the fungi front has heated up. I have discovered that this relentless foe has built its offensive weapons up while I was distracted with wedding plans and some few days of rest. >> > > > > >> > > > >A couple of weeks ago, I started feeling sick, nauseous to be exact and my back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was back to clearing my throat and coughing every morning and throughout the day. >> > > > > >> > > > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats and my left foot pain had escalated to the point where it throbbed tremendously throughout the night to the point where I could not sleep. >> > > > > >> > > > >I soon began feeling those tiny pin pricks against my skin and saw the little red dots blooming upon my chest, stomach and legs. The final straw began when I started waking up with bloody noses. >> > > > > >> > > > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged within my home. My dearest little dog also became sick and would press herself up against me during the day and look at me with pain filled eyes, clouded over by some kind of infection. My other dog had beat feet to the outdoors and did not care to come inside. >> > > > > >> > > > >Sigh...it was a terribly hard blow, but before I could allow myself to fall totally and completely into the doldrums. I slapped myself - HARD and started scolding my pathetic quivering internal self saying "How could you forget the reprieve you received which allowed you to not only return to your home, but which allowed you to see your daughter get married in a beautiful ceremony. Which gave you the time to enjoy family and friends...even time to rest!!" Wow, did I feel like an ungrateful wretch. So I picked myself up off the floor, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and marched my son out armed with a Lysol sprayer to spray the house from top to bottom. >> > > > > >> > > > >The first sign of relief came within days. The bloody noses stopped and my sore throat left me. My little dog's eyes cleared up. But, I knew it had not gone away. I knew it had simply retreated and was planning it's next attack. Given that the best defense is a good offense, I made contact with Dr. Sparagano (my Professor in England). He immediately wrote me to tell me that "I could ask my colleagues in molecular microbiology to do some molecular techniques to see if they can identify the fungus. Let me know." Well, Yeehaw!! >> > > > > >> > > > >But first, I must capture the elusive fungus. Now mind you, I have no idea if what I am looking at is fungus or just common dirt....DRAT! So, next plan, find a lab that does fungi testing...and I did. Contacted them last week. They do the testing, but not the field work, however, they recommended three companies for me to contact. And after three interviews, I found a company that will come out and take air samples and visual samples. I explained that I wanted them to prepare slides or swabs or whatever worked, as I wanted to send samples to England. I explained how this fungus arrived with the mites and he was most interested. He told me that it would take about 3 days to get the results back from the lab in WA. >> > > > > >> > > > >So this Monday I am to shut up the house tight as a drum for 24 hours. And yes, me, the son and the dogs will have to vacate to our home away from home, the motel. They told me not to be surprised or afraid when they arrive on Tuesday morning as they will be dressed like CSI techs. (He obviously has not seen me in my white HAZMAT suit, goggles, Vicks coated face mask with Bounce sheets attached to my hair before )... It was gratifying though that they take this stuff very seriously and he is concerned about the fungus I have described. >> > > > > >> > > > >They will be crawling into the attic, looking under the carpets, behind the walls and will be taking air samples inside the house in different rooms, outside the house as well as the garage. >> > > > > >> > > > >Of course all this comes with a hefty price tag. But I am just so heartily sick and tired of this fungus. And I am equally tired of hearing about how my friends here have suffered as much and probably more than I have. And it hasn't stopped at just this fellowship of Mitey Crusaders, but has gone on to attack our innocent little dogs, like Holly and my little Java girl. And well, I don't know if it is the same fungus or not, but it certainly is a good possibility I would think. Anyway, I am hoping to have results by next Friday. >> > > > > >> > > > >Something he also told me which really concerned me. I told him that I had been spraying the house with a diluted mixture of Lysol. He said that the Lysol was good, but because I was diluting it with water, I was actually providing the fungus with one of the three things they needed to live on, which was water, air and organic material. I told him that it did seem to keep it down...but perhaps that is temporary. He said he would give me something that would work better. >> > > > > >> > > > >Once the results come back he will be able to let me know what type of fungus I am dealing with, how high the levels are and how to eradicate it. I will pass this information along as soon as I get it. >> > > > > >> > > > >In the meantime, I am doing my best to stay as healthy as possible. Still taking all of my anti-fungals and hope to have the results from my Lyme testing back within a week or so. >> > > > > >> > > > >I have not forgotten all of you, and I know your struggles are terrible...truly. My heart goes out to you, one and all. I hope whatever I find out will help us all somehow. >> > > > > >> > > > >Just remember that "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." >> > > > > >> > > > >Stay strong, Terry >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> >> >

Guest guest

ThAts why I told vet bought mites in old flat n fungus

So second,day doxy today but she realy unwell pain abdomen

Womb area

They dont see anything ultrasound,but there,must be infection there

Not cleared wi amoxy,baytril,flagyl or steroids

This,is awful

Meanwhile my stupid friend not go doc or get abxs

:-(

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 17:53 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>C-

>

>THere has to be a reason for an immune system breakdown. Like a chronic

infection.

>

>Aa

>On Jul 18, 2012, at 6:48 PM, ILIKE TREES wrote:

>

>>

>> They lower white blood cells with lyme?

>> Oh no!!

>> But we do not know whats causing this

>> Whether lyme n infections

>> Immune system.breakdown or what

>> Its scary n.unknown n wory she wont pull through:-(

>>

>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 14:15 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>>

>> >?? Steroids suppress the immune system and lower the white blood cell count

with Lyme. They are a big no-no with Tick borne infections.

>> >

>> >Aa

>> >

>> >

>> >On Jul 18, 2012, at 4:02 PM, ILIKE TREES wrote:

>> >

>> >

>> > Aa unfortunately it been 3 weeks,holly ill

>> > At first red,white cell count normal

>> > Now so low,that she would die,if not on steroids

>> > The,guessing game went on too long

>> > She may not make it because of that!

>> > But they better give me doxy longer than four days!:-(

>> >

>> > ------------------------------

>> > On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 12:21 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>> >

>> > >Take her off the steroids! It makes the infections go crazy! Erlichiosis

is another tick borne pathogen usually present with Lyme and it is not that

>> > >

>> > >Aadnraya

>> > >On Jul 18, 2012, at 9:04 AM, ILIKE TREES wrote:

>> > >

>> > >

>> > > Well.had to.rush holly to vet

>> > > Temperature sky high.unsteady feet gums pale abdominal pain

>> > > And looked up the fungus aa said is the black dots

>> > > Mortierella

>> > > Amd it can cause

>> > > Ehrlichiosis in dogs

>> > > Which needs doxy

>> > > Not two days as they gave but at least 30

>> > > They upped her steroid even though I said it makin her spasm just after

taking it

>> > > And so I told about foot swarming mites last year

>> > > Told bout fungus on my feet

>> > > Told worry not just her immune system atack self but wory she got

ehrlichiosis

>> > > She has everything pale gums tum pain anaemia lethargy fever low red

white plAtelets

>> > > So so gave me 150 mg doxy a day alongside steroids

>> > > But if no better tmoro they say she have to stay overnight again

>> > > Why

>> > > Shr in ten days already n no better

>> > > N if baba no long left beter be with her mama

>> > > She stil eat steroid I guess

>> > > I worry they take off doxy as they say ehrlichiosis rare

>> > > But I said so is black dots comin out skin

>> > > She looked as if she thought i.mental

>> > > So worry it my fault she ill

>> > > But never in a million years wud I of known this hapen

>> > > Poor sweet girl

>> > > My friend hung up on me as I so stressed n she cant handle it

>> > > Im going to.my doctor next week as how can.i live my life with this

>> > > If she dies n.i think to do with me

>> > > And need this,to go away

>> > > The pressure is ruining my whole life

>> > > Feel vulnerable telling vet

>> > > Exposed :-(

>> > >

>> > > ------------------------------

>> > > On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 09:40 PDT Aandraya Da Silva wrote:

>> > >

>> > > >Aggi-

>> > > >I had the sandy grains. Did you get an Igenix Lyme western blot test

done?

>> > > >

>> > > >Aandraya

>> > > >

>> > > >On Jul 17, 2012, at 11:04 AM, Aggi Assmann wrote:

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > > Terry-Darl, it is simply amazing what you are doing here for this group

and I would like to dearly thank you once again !

>> > > >

>> > > > I can't wait to read about the analysis findings. Cross fingers they do

>> > > > get some answers. I too feel like still being bothered by a fungus,

that mainly affects my hair and scalp.

>> > > > I would love to get some ideas to resolve the problem without shaving

my head

>> > > > (Sorry SALLY, I'm afraid I'm too coward for doing this;-)

>> > > >

>> > > > This fungus really flares up in the afternoon and gets worse by the

hour.

>> > > > It does feel like tearing/biting/crawling sometimes and I don't know if

I am crazy, but sometimes it feels like something is falling off my hair ?!

Anyone else experienced that ?

>> > > >

>> > > > Also, everybody is talking about black specs/dots, but I am picking up

>> > > >

>> > > > Apart from these comparatively small problems I am still doing

absolutely fine.

>> > > > Sending a big hug to all of my friends here ! GET ALL WELL SOON !!

>> > > > Aggi

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > > Von: mitesbegone <no_reply >

>> > > > An: bird mites

>> > > > Gesendet: 10:58 Sonntag, 15.Juli 2012

>> > > > Betreff: Re: Trying to listen to what I know instead of

what I fear

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > > Of course I will. I plan on asking them as many questions as I can

think of, and if I can't think of them all, I will call them later and ask those

questions.

>> > > >

>> > > > We need to understand what this fungus is. It is way too coincidental

that so many of us are tortured by mites first and then this fungus. There just

can not be that many fungi around that would manifest itself with bird mites.

So, based upon that thought, I believe this fungus is the same as what everyone

else is dealing with and it is very important to understand its impact on our

health, our homes and our living conditions, including clothing, food and

personal hygiene.

>> > > >

>> > > > I just hope that the testing is successful and good viable samples are

to be everywhere.

>> > > >

>> > > > I will post answers and information the minute I have anything. And if

you think of anything else you would like me to ask, just let me know.

>> > > >

>> > > > Hang in there....Terry

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >My dear Mitey crusaders, this battle is long and unforgiving of all

that we do. But I hope everyone here continues to fight, and to hope, and to

believe in a better tomorrow.

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >In prior days I tried to write an update to everyone but either got

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >I had thought my problems were licked with that awful little demon

of a bird mite and its best friend the fungi, but alas, the war is not over for

me. Perhaps I have won on one front, but the fungi front has heated up. I have

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >A couple of weeks ago, I started feeling sick, nauseous to be exact

and my back started really hurting. Then I got a sore throat and suddenly I was

back to clearing my throat and coughing every morning and throughout the day.

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >I soon developed a fever and found myself with horrendous day sweats

and my left foot pain had escalated to the point where it throbbed tremendously

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >I soon began feeling those tiny pin pricks against my skin and saw

the little red dots blooming upon my chest, stomach and legs. The final straw

began when I started waking up with bloody noses.

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >My hopes have been successfully dashed as the fungi re-emerged

within my home. My dearest little dog also became sick and would press herself

up against me during the day and look at me with pain filled eyes, clouded over

by some kind of infection. My other dog had beat feet to the outdoors and did

not care to come inside.

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >Sigh...it was a terribly hard blow, but before I could allow myself

to fall totally and completely into the doldrums. I slapped myself - HARD and

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >The first sign of relief came within days. The bloody noses stopped

and my sore throat left me. My little dog's eyes cleared up. But, I knew it had

not gone away. I knew it had simply retreated and was planning it's next attack.

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >But first, I must capture the elusive fungus. Now mind you, I have

no idea if what I am looking at is fungus or just common dirt....DRAT! So, next

from the lab in WA.

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >So this Monday I am to shut up the house tight as a drum for 24

hours. And yes, me, the son and the dogs will have to vacate to our home away

from home, the motel. They told me not to be surprised or afraid when they

arrive on Tuesday morning as they will be dressed like CSI techs. (He obviously

has not seen me in my white HAZMAT suit, goggles, Vicks coated face mask with

Bounce sheets attached to my hair before )... It was gratifying though that they

take this stuff very seriously and he is concerned about the fungus I have

described.

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >They will be crawling into the attic, looking under the carpets,

behind the walls and will be taking air samples inside the house in different

rooms, outside the house as well as the garage.

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >Of course all this comes with a hefty price tag. But I am just so

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >Something he also told me which really concerned me. I told him that

I had been spraying the house with a diluted mixture of Lysol. He said that the

would work better.

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >Once the results come back he will be able to let me know what type

of fungus I am dealing with, how high the levels are and how to eradicate it. I

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >In the meantime, I am doing my best to stay as healthy as possible.

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >I have not forgotten all of you, and I know your struggles are

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >Just remember that " What lies behind us and what lies before us are

tiny matters compared to what lies within us. "

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >Stay strong, Terry

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >

>> > > > > >

>> > > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > >

>> > >

>> > >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>>

>

Guest guest

Thanks sally xx

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 14:48 PDT Benton wrote:

>I know this is hard, C

>Hugggg........

>

>

>

>________________________________

> From: ILIKE TREES <wherearetheangels@...>

>bird mites

>Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:02 PM

>Subject: Re: Re: holly

>

>

> 

>

>

>

>>

>>Aadnraya

>>

>>

>> Mortierella

>> Amd it can cause

>> Ehrlichiosis in dogs

>> Which needs doxy

taking it

ehrlichiosis

plAtelets

>> Why

>> Poor sweet girl

>>

>>

>> >Aggi-

>> >

>> >Aandraya

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

head

>> >

else experienced that ?

>> >

>> >

fine.

>> > Aggi

>> >

>> >

>> >

I fear

>> >

>> >

questions.

>> >

hygiene.

>> >

to be everywhere.

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > > >

>> > > >

in a better tomorrow.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

to come inside.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

from the lab in WA.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

would work better.

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > > >

>> > >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>>

>>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Holly got home on steroids,but was still very ill

So told vet about mortierella fungus. Being what I suspect on my feet

Thank u aa so much xxx

And that mortierella can cause ehrlichiosis in dogs

And please could holly havr doxy with the,steroids,as we need cover all angles

Well she,took me seriously n gave her doxy

Shes,a little,better white cells,up

Thank god

But more red cells,destroyed

And v anaemia

Worried re babesia

As when I mention that they dismiss it

Thouth she,was on flagyl two weeks n it didnt help

Hope n.pray my baby gets,better

Im being physicaly sick its,upseting me so much!:-(

X

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 09:05 PDT ILIKE TREES wrote:

>

>So sorry u going thru this torture

>We all understand n sympathize here

>Get some sulphur soap to wash with,even hair will help anyway

>If u cannot aford lyme doc iwould get antifungals

>Stay off sugar

>Get doxycycline take 2 x 100 mg a day

>Wash clothes oxy clean

>And take good care of yourself

>Cos yeah its realy tough I know :-(

>

>

>

>

>On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 15:43 PDT terrifiedforgf wrote:

>

>>I've never really had more than a hand full of red marks on my body since I

contracted the mites 3 months ago. The problem I have is the constant crawling

feeling. It bothers me day and night. I've gone through 90% of the home remedies

(Borax, epsom salts, tea tree oil, lysol, windex, etc), but it never goes away.

>>

>>Moved out of my apartment, even before the PCO confirmed my bird mite

hypothesis, and am now living with family. No one else in the household has any

symptoms at all, but I'm just sitting in the corner constantly slapping at my

skin, and scratching away the crawling sensation. I sleep during the day, and

sit awake at night. I'm relieved that they (my mother, grandma, grandpa, aunt)

are mite-free, but the cynic in me hopes one of em picks it up, every time they

take my situation lightly haha kidding, not really

>>

>>I quarantined myself from my girlfriend, after spending a week cleaning her

entire apartment and everything she owns. After showing slight symptoms (a few

bites, crawling sensation, slight itchiness), she is now apparently free of em.'

She lives with her sister in close quarters (they share a one-bedroom), and both

are symptom-free...in fact, her sister never showed any signs of bird mites. I

think the only reason my SO even contracted the mites was because of the

constant close contact with me, when I thought I had bed bugs. She stayed with

me @ my old apartment constantly during the time the pigeon's nest outside was

infesting us. They obviously didin't take to her. This was the greatest relief.

I would never have been able to cope with the guilt of putting her through this

for the unforeseeable future, like myself. I have spent the night at her

apartment once a week or so, with no symptoms. But last night @ her place, I

awoke with crawling on my

legs

> and upper torso. I immediately jumped out of her bed, dragged her to the

shower, and scrubbed us both. I then made her sleep with new sheets as I put her

bedding outside, and slept on the couch.

>>

>>I am so utterly confused by the lack of a pattern. Three nights ago, I slept

soundly, in the same cot I had full-on crawling sensation the nights before. The

next night, I attempted to go through the exact same cleaning routine, only to

succumb to the usual symptoms again. I bathed in a eucalyptus bath solution the

night I was symptom-free, but after bathing in it twice the next day, as well as

showering, the crawling was back. Did they develop a tolerance in 24 hours???

>>

>>I initially had 3-4 bites the entire time I lived near the source. Now, I get

absolutely no bites. I can still feel constant crawling from what I think are

the mites, but no bites. Now I'm reading all this information about 'fungus...'

so confused! I don't have any symptoms of Lyme Disease, but should I consider

anti-fungals? I also read about eradicating them with some sort of audio device?

I am at a loss.

>>

>>I always read about people having itches and bites. The only itching I have is

from obvious dry skin...much like any bird mite sufferer, I can immediately tell

the difference between a mite itch and dry skin itch. THE ONLY GOSH DARN SYMPTOM

I HAVE IS THE CRAWLING!

>>

>