RemedySpot.com

Re: quiet on the home front

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Good for you, Dave. The sun is just coming out here. These last few rainy days have helped our dry conditions quite a bit.

I had orthoscopic surgery on my knee this morning and am back home. He took out some messed up cartilage. I'm getting around pretty good - it aches some and my leg is in a compression bandage - have Darvoset for that. I had general anesthesia and feel crappy from that and my throat is sore from some pipe they had in it. They actually want me to be active and not lay around. I'm not letting them know that at work though. I have physical therapy Thursday - probably should get some mental kind when I'm there as well :-)

Hi everyone - hope you're all doing fine.

Dennis

[ ] quiet on the home front

Good morning all, pretty quiet this morning. I got up to a beautiful morning and had a 10 mile bike ride before showering for work this morning. It's GREAT to be alive! We are expecting 70's today, which would be a first. It is 51 right now at 8am. Hope you are all having a great day! -dz-

Guest guest

I hope you recover quickly. Soon you'll be wanting to hike those mountains again. Any indication on how they thought the surgery went? No need to tell them at work about the activity thing.. The dr probably just meant activity at doing fun things. :) -dz-

Dennis <dhuber@...> wrote:

Good for you, Dave. The sun is just coming out here. These last few rainy days have helped our dry conditions quite a bit.

I had orthoscopic surgery on my knee this morning and am back home. He took out some messed up cartilage. I'm getting around pretty good - it aches some and my leg is in a compression bandage - have Darvoset for that. I had general anesthesia and feel crappy from that and my throat is sore from some pipe they had in it. They actually want me to be active and not lay around. I'm not letting them know that at work though. I have physical therapy Thursday - probably should get some mental kind when I'm there as well :-)

Hi everyone - hope you're all doing fine.

Dennis

Good morning all, pretty quiet this morning. I got up to a beautiful morning and had a 10 mile bike ride before showering for work this morning. It's GREAT to be alive! We are expecting 70's today, which would be a first. It is 51 right now at 8am. Hope you are all having a great day! -dz-

Guest guest

Hi Dennis

Hope that you make a speedy recovery from your knee surgery.

Guest guest

Thanks. It appears it went fine. I was getting around ok yesterday afternoon but today it has stiffened up and is not so much fun. I'm getting around some with a stiff leg. And I go in for physical therapy Thursday. They said I would probably want to take some Darvocet after that. I'm a little apprehensive. :-) No problem about the going back to work decision!

89 degrees here today - a little much this soon - but I'm not complaining. Our southwestern counterparts think that's cool.

Dennis

Guest guest

You better belive it. It didn't it 100 again today only hit 99.

Terry

Thanks. It appears it went fine. I was getting around ok yesterday afternoon but today it has stiffened up and is not so much fun. I'm getting around some with a stiff leg. And I go in for physical therapy Thursday. They said I would probably want to take some Darvocet after that. I'm a little apprehensive. :-) No problem about the going back to work decision!

89 degrees here today - a little much this soon - but I'm not complaining. Our southwestern counterparts think that's cool.

Dennis

Guest guest

Spare no details I am to see the orthopeadic surgeon for evaluation on a suspected torn acl and pcl.... bummer woe is me... [ ] quiet on the home front Good morning all, pretty quiet this morning. I got up to a beautiful morning and had a 10 mile bike ride before showering for work this morning. It's GREAT to be alive! We are expecting 70's today, which would be a first. It is 51 right now at 8am. Hope you are all having a great day! -dz-

Guest guest

We were up in the 80's too. We set a record yesterday and the day before. I've got the air running. Just a week or so ago I was debating whether it was safe to put the snowblower away. Today we're expecting 70's. -dz-

Dennis

Guest guest

I will be praying for you. I hope all goes well. -dz-

WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

Spare no details I am to see the orthopeadic surgeon for evaluation on a suspected

torn acl and pcl.... bummer woe is me...

Guest guest

that would have been nice... to late.... hopping is the name of that tune today..... Re: [ ] quiet on the home front Fluffy I hope you'll be walking and not hopping soon........

Guest guest

Major pain today last night it dumped me on my face Its swollen clear up into my thigh and down to my calf Think I best get appointments made. [ ] quiet on the home front Good morning all, pretty quiet this morning. I got up to a beautiful morning and had a 10 mile bike ride before showering for work this morning. It's GREAT to be alive! We are expecting 70's today, which would be a first. It is 51 right now at 8am. Hope you are all having a great day! -dz-

Guest guest

The surgery was a breeze. Knee very stiff now. Front & back action fine but twisting or sideways action kills big time. Took dressings off today and half of what I thought was dressing was swelling. Only two 1/4" incisions and are healing fine. Therapy tomorrow - I'm telling them if they plan to rotate or move the joint sideways, I'm leaving! I mean that. The doc gave me some real nice color photos of the inside of my Knee during surgery. Find a reputable dr - mine was part of a sports medicine group and they deal with this sort of thing often.

Dennis

Guest guest

Make sure you remind him that the knee is not meant to turn sideways... I'm waiting for a report on your first hike. -dz-

The surgery was a breeze. Knee very stiff now. Front & back action fine but twisting or sideways action kills big time. Took dressings off today and half of what I thought was dressing was swelling. Only two 1/4" incisions and are healing fine. Therapy tomorrow - I'm telling them if they plan to rotate or move the joint sideways, I'm leaving! I mean that. The doc gave me some real nice color photos of the inside of my Knee during surgery. Find a reputable dr - mine was part of a sports medicine group and they deal with this sort of thing often.

Dennis

Guest guest

Id sure love too..... you bet I would... Re: [ ] quiet on the home front Oh no Fluffy...Hey Fluffy is hopping..Don't mean to laugh but a bunny hopping is funny but hey girl Easter is over so get back to walking!!!!

Guest guest

I did ok but it wasn't much fun riding that bike. The joint is really sore now but they know what they are doing. There won't be any hiking for a while.

DH

Guest guest

you need to make that call girl....Don't like ya fallin on your face...hop on over to the phone and make the call...Let us know what is said and done ok???

Guest guest

still shivering in the NW.......brrrrr Lucky all of you others who

are fortunate enough to live in warmer climates!!!!!!1

Terry Long wrote:

You better belive it. It didn't it 100 again today only hit 99.

Terry

Thanks.

It appears it went fine. I was getting around ok yesterday afternoon

but today it has stiffened up and is not so much fun. I'm getting

around some with a stiff leg. And I go in for physical therapy Thursday.

They said I would probably want to take some Darvocet after that.

I'm a little apprehensive. :-) No problem about the going back

to work decision!89 degrees here today - a little

much this soon - but I'm not complaining. Our southwestern counterparts

think that's cool. Dennis

[ ] quiet

on the home front

Good morning all, pretty quiet this morning. I got up to a beautiful

morning and had a 10 mile bike ride before showering for work this morning.

It's GREAT to be alive! We are expecting 70's today, which would be a first.

It is 51 right now at 8am. Hope you are all having a great day! -dz-

Guest guest

My uncle has problems with his knees, and he says biking seems to help a lot. He's a little sore immediately afterwards but he notices an improvement after a day or so. He's 70 and hits the trails to 20 miles or so on a regular basis. I'm going to bike with him, but I'm nervous that I'll tire out before he does!! -dz-

I did ok but it wasn't much fun riding that bike. The joint is really sore now but they know what they are doing. There won't be any hiking for a while.

DH

Guest guest

We had a couple of warm days, but its back to the low 50's now. Still not bad, though. -dz-

ACE <arken@...> wrote: still shivering in the NW.......brrrrr Lucky all of you others who arefortunate enough to live in warmer climates!!!!!!1Terry Long wrote:>>> You better belive it. It didn't it 100 again today only hit 99.>> Terry>> Dennis wrote:>> Thanks. It appears it went fine. I was getting around ok> yesterday afternoon but today it has stiffened up and is not> so much fun. I'm getting around some with a stiff leg. And> I go in for physical therapy Thursday. They said I would> probably want to take some Darvocet after that. I'm a> little apprehensive. :-) No problem about the going back> to work decision!89 degrees here today - a little much this> soon - but I'm not complaining. Our southwestern> counterparts think that's cool. Dennis>> [ ]> quiet on the home front> Good morning all, pretty> quiet this morning. I got up> to a beautiful morning and had> a 10 mile bike ride before> showering for work this> morning. It's GREAT to be> alive! We are expecting 70's> today, which would be a first.> It is 51 right now at 8am.> Hope you are all having a> great day! -dz->>> ------------------------------->

Guest guest

I made a call girl once. (anonymous)

Jannewilms42@... wrote: you need to make that call girl....Don't like ya fallin on your face...hop on over to the phone and make the call...Let us know what is said and done ok???

Guest guest

It's going to be 86 here today and I'm having a new

back door installed so no AC for me. How are the

mosquitos in Louisiana. They're already BAD here.

Sharon

--- Jannewilms42@... wrote:

> It's gonna be in the high 70's close to 80 " s

> today!!!! I much rather the heat

> than the cold...

>