RemedySpot.com

Hi im new

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome! This group seems very warm and welcoming. Yeah- exercise was hard to do regularly at the beginning- for me- but now it is going very well- I had to decide that my getting to the gym was more important to me than making my family's life easier by being home. Other hurdles, too, of course played their part.

Water is almost the only thing I drink- I mean it is RARE for me to drink anything else. I do take literally 3 sips of juice in the morning with my vitamins (womens daily and vit B) and it's pure cranberry juice so that may why I don't want anything else... I actually love the feeling and crispness of water.

What is your plan like?

Best Wishes! Lily

From: Jase4567@...Reply-100-plus To: 100-plus Subject: Re: Hi Im newDate: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 07:46:08 EST

Lily welcome. LOoks like you have a great routine down. I still cant get exercise down. How is your water?

NH... Mom to Abby Liz 10/94 Anne 7/99100-Plus Files page 100-plus/files100-Plus Links page 100-plus/links

Guest guest

Oh Sue- it is soooo hard when your body hurts! Have you tried swimming/playing in the water? When I did that, I began to think of my body as light and flexible and free- I was just playing around in the pool- and feeling that way about my body was such an invaluable beginning to exercising.

It is incredibly important to me to find something fun to do when I exercise. I go to the gym and get on the elliptical because it feels like I'm flying when I'm on it- really!!! I close my eyes and feel the air rushing around and it feels like flying. I also hike in the mountains near my home because I imagine that I am an explorer and coming across new land- come to thik of it, my imagination has a lot to do with it I guess... and then of course the feeling of my body becoming strong and healthy is amazing!

Do you meditate at all? If you're interested, this really helps your mind to redefine your body and habits even if they haven't changed yet.

Lily

From: "Sue in NJ" <susang@...>Reply-100-plus To: <100-plus >Subject: Re: Re: Hi Im newDate: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 06:26:12 -0500> At first, the exercise part was not easy- I actually don't have a problemwith exercise itself- but with being consistant in doing it. I wouldexcercise for 2 weeks and then stop for no reason then go back for a day andthen stop againThat's my problem. I can do it and feel great for 5 days a week for a weekor 2, then do only 1 or 2 days the next week, either from laziness orbusyness, then just not do it at all for a week or so. Of course, by thenI'm starting to feel lousy again and have problems making it up the stairsto my third floor apartment, and then go gung-ho again.>but now it's finally a part of my day and I'm hoping to increase myactivity level even more.The weeks I *do* stick with it, I always make myself a deal - no breakfastuntil a video is done, unless it's a treadmill day, then it's no lunch,because I can't use the tread early in the morning or it disturbs myneighbor.It's usually a missed treadmill day that throws me off track. I say no lunchuntil it's done, but get so tied up with other things during the day thatbefore I know it, it's 3 or 4pm and I've neither walked or ate, so I grab aquick lunch and promise to do better the next day. It was a mistake evenbuying that thing, it turned out as I miss more workouts when I plan onusing it instead of doing a video. I wanted one for decades but never had anapartment big enough for it. When we finally did, we wound up with adownstairs neighbor who took a disability retirement a few months after wemoved in.>I really enjoy exercising.I don't think those words will *ever* come out of my mouth! As a kid I wasvery active, always outside, playing ball with the boys, climbing walls,riding my bike or skating, and when I worked full time as a nurse I wasalways on the go, but now that I'm 52 and have many arthritic bones andjoints and a few spots of tendonitis and neuritis, exercise is the lastthing I want to do most mornings.Sue in NJ100-Plus Files page 100-plus/files100-Plus Links page 100-plus/links

Guest guest

>Have you tried swimming/playing in the water?

There's really no access to a pool around here. The Y pool is for the day

care kids only, except for one hour a week they have senior swim (must show

ID card, so I can't sneak in). The city has 2 pools - one outdoor and one

in, but that one is in one of the elementary schools and is used year-round

for the swim teams and all summer for the day camp. No open swim there at

all. The Jewish center has a pool for members only, but the price is

astronomical.

> Do you meditate at all?

I've got plenty of tao meditation books and loads of meditation music CD's.

You walk into my apartment and you think you're in a Chinese temple! LOL No

incense, though - it bothers our asthma. :)

Sue in NJ

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

>

> Hello everyone,

>

> My name is Gemma and I have suffered from chronic vulval pain for

about 8 years now. I am

> starting to think that maybe my pain is in some way caused by an

internal candida infection.

> Apart from the vulval pain I suffer from digestive problems,

constipation, sore joints,

> dermatitis, tiredness and muscle weakness, dull skin, dandruff,

poor immune system, peeling

> fingernails and dull, dry hair etc etc. Could this be an internal

candida overgrowth? I know i

> have many of the symptoms but i am still not entirely convinced as

i have tried about 5

> different anti fungal medications and suppliments, with no real

success. Does anyone have

> any insight or wisdom they could share? Thanks for reading.

==>Hi Gemma. Welcome to our group.

Yes, all of your symptoms are listed as being candida-related - see

my article " How to Successfully Overcome Candida " . You can also

take Dr. Crook's Candida Questionnaire to confirm that you have

candida, but in any case the diet and supplements recommended here

will help anyone's body heal naturally because it gives the body

what it needs to do it's job of keeping you healthy. Please read my

article, which was sent to you when you joined, along with other

articles in our Group's Files (see the left menu on the Group).

The most important aspect of becoming well is the diet; you may have

started on antifungals too soon - again please read my article so

you understand what this group is all about, and then you can join

in and ask questions appropriately.

The best in health,

Bee

• 8 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Im new

>Hi Everyone,

>My name is Felicia and I just had lap band surgery one week ago today. I

havent

>been really hungry lately, been doing the jello and liquid protein, and

today I was at

>the food processer mixing up the carnation instant breakfast and whey

supplement

>and for no apparent reason burst into tears. I am still getting used to the

new life

>style and maybe had a moment of oh god I am so hungry today upsetness that

the

>tears were the only thing to make me feel better. So I wanted to say hi,

and see if

>this is normal (the whole tears thing). I am 29, I live outside of

Philadelphia with 2

>kids and a husband..

I'm sure plenty of us have cried. I know I did a couple times. It is a MAJOR

life change, right up there with marriage, divorce, death in the family, having

a baby, etc. Some would say it is bigger than any of those. Guess that all

depends.

As to the liquids, that will pass. Personally, I can't stand any drink made

from powder an buy the canned options instead. At least they don't separate or

get lumpy. But whatever works for your taste and your budget.

Lots of times crying, whining, yelling, etc, make us feel better. But you know

what? You're not doing what you used to do under those conditions.....you're

NOT EATING.

Welcome

dan

" Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit

there. " -- Will

www.mylapband.tk or www.riverofdata.com

Dan Lester, Boise, Idaho, USA

Dr. Ortiz, Tijuana, 4/27/03

355/323/210/190

Guest guest

Hi Felicia,

I had my band surgery on Jan. 30, 2007. I understand completely your

breaking down in tears. I think it is probably normal. I had

surgery on a Tuesday and on that Friday, for no apparent reason, I

just fell into depression. I was crying. I had to go upstairs and

cry it all out (a few times) and remember all the reasons why I had

the surgery. It didn't take long to remember. The next day I was

feeling better. By Sunday I was feeling so much better and couldn't

figure out why I was such a mess on Friday. You are in a healing

phase right now. I think sometimes the liquid diet gets to us

especially if you were on a liquid diet before surgery. I'm

eating " normal " food now and it will get better as each day and each

week goes by, Felicia. Hang in there. This will soon be a mere

memory.

Jerra

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> My name is Felicia and I just had lap band surgery one week ago

today. I havent been really hungry lately, been doing the jello and

liquid protein, and today I was at the food processer mixing up the

carnation instant breakfast and whey supplement and for no apparent

reason burst into tears. I am still getting used to the new life

style and maybe had a moment of oh god I am so hungry today upsetness

that the tears were the only thing to make me feel better. So I

wanted to say hi, and see if this is normal (the whole tears thing).

I am 29, I live outside of Philadelphia with 2 kids and a husband..

>

> Felicia

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss an email again!

> Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it

out.

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Felicia,

Carol here from sunny Western Australia. I am double your age and sweety, I

still get teary even after 7 months of happy banding. It happens to most of us I

am sure. Look on it as a healthy cleansing and all part of this adventure we are

taking together.Take care, Carol

Felicia <fds0899@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Felicia and I just had lap band surgery one week ago today. I havent

been really hungry lately, been doing the jello and liquid protein, and today I

was at the food processer mixing up the carnation instant breakfast and whey

supplement and for no apparent reason burst into tears. I am still getting used

to the new life style and maybe had a moment of oh god I am so hungry today

upsetness that the tears were the only thing to make me feel better. So I wanted

to say hi, and see if this is normal (the whole tears thing). I am 29, I live

outside of Philadelphia with 2 kids and a husband..

Felicia

---------------------------------

Never miss an email again!

Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

Guest guest

Hi, FElica - welcome! Banding is a whole new life, for sure. We

usually miss food at first, because we will not be " drowning our

sorrows " with overeating. This can be hard, and also many other

issues will arise with any type of weight loss. Banding affects every

single area of our lives, and more than we could ever imagine when we

are just staring.

For this reason, i always urge people to get some regular, ongoing

therapy. The guidance, suppportm and perepctive of a good therapis

can be invaluable, and us an impt factor in our success.

Glad you're here!

Sandy R

at goal x 3+ yrs

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> My name is Felicia and I just had lap band surgery one week ago

today. I havent been really hungry lately, been doing the jello and

liquid protein, and today I was at the food processer mixing up the

carnation instant breakfast and whey supplement and for no apparent

reason burst into tears. I am still getting used to the new life

style and maybe had a moment of oh god I am so hungry today upsetness

that the tears were the only thing to make me feel better. So I

wanted to say hi, and see if this is normal (the whole tears thing).

I am 29, I live outside of Philadelphia with 2 kids and a husband..

>

> Felicia

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss an email again!

> Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it

out.

>

>

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

First,neither of those statements are true.There are methods by which his sperm can be treated so that you can have children.Secondly,I was diagnosed with hiv when the first test came out in 1985,and assumed my partner would outlive me,but I'm still here and he died before me...of heart problems.And he was hiv-.So he may well outlive you and get to enjoy his grandchildren...

Hi Im New

My name is Carli Ash, I'm 22 years old and I live in Hayden,ID. I am a hetrosexual HIV negative female married to an HIV positive male. I need to know what Im up against...We have gotten over the fact that we'll never be able to concieve our own child, and that odds are he'll die before me. But what else should I know??????

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.9/1365 - Release Date: 4/8/2008 7:30 AM

Guest guest

First,neither of those statements are true.There are methods by which his sperm can be treated so that you can have children.Secondly,I was diagnosed with hiv when the first test came out in 1985,and assumed my partner would outlive me,but I'm still here and he died before me...of heart problems.And he was hiv-.So he may well outlive you and get to enjoy his grandchildren...

Hi Im New

My name is Carli Ash, I'm 22 years old and I live in Hayden,ID. I am a hetrosexual HIV negative female married to an HIV positive male. I need to know what Im up against...We have gotten over the fact that we'll never be able to concieve our own child, and that odds are he'll die before me. But what else should I know??????

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.9/1365 - Release Date: 4/8/2008 7:30 AM

Guest guest

Carli,

Welcome. I don't mean to be provincial, but I can only imagine your isolation in Idaho. I think you outliving your husband has more to do with his being male, than HIV+. I have been positive over 25 years, am still very active and fit and work in a very demanding job 4 days a week. Please google "sperm washing HIV", I think you'll find that there are techniques available so that you and your husband can conceive. Stay posted. There is much valuable information here on this site and links to other valuable sites. Don't hesitate to ask any questions of this group. I think you won't find a more informed, caring, and supportive group on line.

My best to you and your husband,

Larry

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Carli Ash <mrscarliash@...>

Guest guest

Carli,

Welcome. I don't mean to be provincial, but I can only imagine your isolation in Idaho. I think you outliving your husband has more to do with his being male, than HIV+. I have been positive over 25 years, am still very active and fit and work in a very demanding job 4 days a week. Please google "sperm washing HIV", I think you'll find that there are techniques available so that you and your husband can conceive. Stay posted. There is much valuable information here on this site and links to other valuable sites. Don't hesitate to ask any questions of this group. I think you won't find a more informed, caring, and supportive group on line.

My best to you and your husband,

Larry

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Carli Ash <mrscarliash@...>

Guest guest

Greetings Carli -

Some helpful phone numbers for you and your hubby are:

Idaho's AIDS Hotline run by 211 Idaho Care Line- either 800-926-2588 or just 211.

Project Inform's National HIV/AIDS Treatment Hotline- Mon-Fri 10a - 4 p 1-800-822-7422

Women Alive from Los Angeles warmline Mon Fri 10 a - 6 p 1-800-554-4876.

Project Inform also has a publication, Sex and Prevention Concerns for Positive People, located at http://www.projectinform.org/info/sex/sex.pdf . My understanding is that the sperm washing performed at fertility clinics is the same type of sperm washing that removes hiv from the fluid surrounding sperm. Of course, there will be folks mentioning the recently released Swiss government report that researched articles indicating under certain circumstances that no hiv was passed onto the mom in a group of couples studied who has children when the dad was hiv positive (if the mom remains negative, than the infant will be negative).

Hope this message and future ones brighten your springtime!

GoldmanSan Francisco

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Yes, traumas do that to people, so that please do not allow yourself be sad, embrace yourself with love and nurture yourself in any way. Meditation will help you take control over your feeling and over your life and fear and anxiety will leave you one day. Be strong - it is our choice to be whatever we want to be, we are free to become strong and happy.

So, deliberately choose to be happy everyday - it night not be easy at first, but after some time you will become happy person - work with yourself. Do not allow trauma to throw you into victimhood.

Wish you all the best.

From: greengoddess317 <greengoddess317@...>Subject: hi im new Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 1:58 AM

I was wondering if anyone can help me,or maybe im beyond help,i live in constant fear and anxiety ,do traumas do that to people?

• 2 years later...

Hi and thanks v much for the welcome..I heard of this group on a podcast from stop the thyroid madness.. Are you guys in the u.K ? I am originally from the U.K but now live in Ireland. Has anyone heard of Dr Lowe he is in the states and does phone consults..

Hi Kathleen, welcome on board and I hope you get all the help

and support you need from this forum. We started off as a UK group, but we have

long since gone International - which is great, and it is good to hear how

other people are being diagnosed and treated in other countries. Are you living

in Northern or Southern Ireland.

Yes, Dr Lowe is a great doctor with very strong views about

mainstream medicine - and I admire him tremendously. I did hear the Pod cast

and it was great to hear such an honourable mention of our group. Janie and I

work a lot together and have spoken to each other with Skype. It was good that

we could actually talk 'face to face'.

Luv - Sheila

Hi and thanks v much for the welcome..I heard of this group

on a podcast from stop the thyroid madness.. Are you guys in the u.K ? I am

originally from the U.K but now live in Ireland. Has anyone heard of Dr

Lowe he is in the states and does phone consults..

We are mainly in UK , but we do have members from various parts of the world.   Places like US, Thailand, Italy, Australia come to mind.  Yes, Dr. Lowe is very well known but I do not know anyone who has had a phone consultation with him from UK.

Lilian

Hi ,

Welcome :-) Are you in remission from Graves or still suffering like the rest of

us?

Horrible disease!! Poor you with M.E on top.

Love Tess

>

> Hi im new to this group i have had me for 12 years and graves disease also

>

• 1 month later...

Hi im new to the group , im 31 year old from Perth Australia, i Have

klinefelters syndrome xxy or xyx ,well what should i say , i've been taking

steroids for xyx for about 9 years now , my god what a roller coaster ride it

was in the early stages, i was taking sustanon 250mgs back then thankfully now

im on reandron 1000mg and things have been great, have tried the gel/ patches/

lower doses of sustanon but they all suck, never tried the pellets ( not too

keen on getting my tummy cut open) , yer so oh i am taking antidepressants

though about 2 years ago i had a nervous break down ,things weren't looking too

good there but since being on meds and seeing my shrink regularly everything is

alot better, man listen to me go on, as for meeting other xxy's ive never

actually met any i've talk to one guy ( 40s) who lived around my way ( at the

time) on the phone we were suppose to meet but it didn't happen...i've always

wondered what other xxy's are like are they similar to me do we share the same

sort of experiences, how many of you xxy's deal with anxiety, man i cant stand

having it, drives me nuts days where im just freaking out to go outside and do

simple things i don't know but i have this problem with people, i don't really

like them much but i crave attention when i'm not getting any, maybe its a sign

of depression or maybe im just not getting out i have a few friends not many i

see regulary though and that sucks, oh yer im into dance music... love it...

like paul van dyk, trance anthems , dj tiesto, what sort of music are you into i

mean for your tastes...anyway i hope i can meet alot more of you, seeya

welcome! This is a neat forum and I hope you have the chance to share,

receive feedback, and get healthier. Take care

Hi im new

Hi im new to the group , im 31 year old from Perth Australia, i Have

like paul van dyk, trance anthems , dj tiesto, what sort of music are you into i

mean for your tastes...anyway i hope i can me

[The entire original message is not included]

OK, so you were born with Klinefelters 47xxy.

You have it and it can not be changed or " cured " .

So do not dwell on what can not be changed.

The symptoms can be treated.

The low " T " can be increased by injections of 100mg per week.

The high E2 can be treated by Arimidex & DIM.

The boobs can only be reduced by surgery or learn to live with them as a normal

part of " your " body.

There are several variations of Klinefelters that you can have.

I have the Mosaic version in that my entire body does not have the extra female

chromosomes. The Testicles produce some sperm.

My extra female chromosomes are in the upper body, very little body hair, big

boobs, almost no facial hair, little muscle mass, small testicles, & young

looking face.

The " T " injections will make you feel better & increase the body & facial hair.

..5cc of Testosterone Cyp in a 27ga x 1/2 " 1cc syringe is painless injected into

the top outer thigh.

The Arimidex & DIM will stop the growth of the boobs, & may lessen the joint

pain.

Most Kline felters I have read about or met are loners, many are in the computer

programmer business or some job that does not require much in the way of social

skills.

We learned to fight early as teens because we were different, & many had boobs.

The Mosaic ones can have children normally, but the number of sperm is small.

I fought depression for years & did not know what it was. I finally accepted

that I am the way I am & the depression mostly is gone. I am still a loner that

never developed social skills.

I like country music.

I am married many years with children.

You are not alone. Observe the males in " T " shirts that are not fat & have

boobs. They are probably Klinefelters & have learned to accept their body.

Boob sizes runs from " A " to " C " . Mine are a B/C.

I do not go shirtless in public, so I do not go to the beach.

You do have to make some adjustments, usually for the benefit of others.

Good luck

>

> Hi im new to the group , im 31 year old from Perth Australia, i Have

mean for your tastes...anyway i hope i can meet alot more of you, seeya

>

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Thanku for ur reply.... my son ad his first serial caste put on yesterday i was

told by the spinal consultant that e was going to caste him 3 times every 2

weeks then put a bk brace on him ?? this is concerning me ive bin told theres an

80 % chance e wil need this op ? how do i go for a 2nd opinion birminghams royal

orpahapedic dow do edf casting where do they do edf casting om willing to travel

? Xx

>

> Welcome to CAST! May I recommend a few things to help get you started?

> Please go to Resource page of www.infantilescoliosis.org to dwnld/read the

> published, medical journal titled " Growth as a corrective force in the

> early treatment of progressive infantile scoliosis, " by Mehta, MD, FRCS.

> Also, scroll down to the bottom of the homepage and click on the Youtube

> prompt to access a DVD titled A New Direction (in 3 parts). These 2 items

> along with the support/guidance you will receive here on CAST will help

> you greatly in understanding this gentle and corrective process.

> How old is your little one?

> Early Treatment w/ Mehta's specialized EDF casting is by far the most

> superior way to treat progressive infantile scoliosis.

> Please let us know if you have any more questions.

> Sincerely,

> HRH

> ()

>

> > found out january the 9th this yr my son has scoliosis at a 28 degree

> > curvaturee.. on the 4th april this yr we was told it has worsened and

> > yesterday we was told its a guessing " 60 " degree curve now and rapidly

> > progressed. this on coming thursday e has got to be heavily sedated and

> > put into a caste im very nervous about this as u can all imagine... whats

> > the best caste out there? and whats the chances of years of casting and

> > bracing avoiding surgery permently ??? thankyou xxx

> >